Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Nissan Maxima Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• rcb0544rcb0544 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    kyfdx said:

rcb0544 said:

kyfdx said:

Hi All,

I am new to the forum but am in the market for a new maxima. I have two offers on the table that include trading in a 2014 maxima. Looking for advice on whether these are fair deals.

Maxima Lease prices

2017 Maxima 3.5 SL

MSRP- 38,125

Sale Price- 35, 810

Reg Fee- 154.15

Doc Fee- 135

Acq Fee- 595

Gross Capitalized Cost- 38,612.99

Residual- 19,063

Trade Allowance- 17,500

Trade Payoff- 19,684

Rebate- 4825

Cash Cap Reduction- 500

Net Cap Cost- 34,007.36

Down payment of $500

$454/mo

2017 Maxima 3.5 Platinum

MSRP- 43,475

Sale Price- 41,000

Reg Fee- 154.15

Doc Fee- 135

Acq Fee- 595

Gross Capitalized Cost- 44,068.15

Residual- 21,738

Trade Allowance- 17,500

Trade Payoff- 19,684

Rebate- 4825

Cash Cap Reduction- 1000

Net Cap Cost- 38,801.53

Down payment of $1500

$499/mo

Your residual looks like 50% of MSRP.

The current residual for 36/12 is 48% of MSRP

Were these quotes from yesterday? If so, a new program started today.

Your negative equity is adding over $60/mo. to the payment.

Thanks for the response. This quote was from July 3. I knew the negative equity was going to add to the payment. Do the numbers look good given the negative equity that I had to roll in?

From your math, without the trade-in, the lease for the SL would be $500 down/$390mo & the Platinum would be $1500 down/$439mo.

Thanks again for your help

The prices are okay. I'd want to shop hard to see if I could do better.

Residuals have dropped by 2%, so the numbers will change, when/if you go back.

Check some other recent posts to see what others are getting. You probably won't be able to match the best price, but you should be able to come close
    I am looking at a few other posted deals on here. A previous post on a SL was at $403/mo with $0 down. The consensus for his deal was that he was getting a good deal. If you add my $60/mo trade in, the SL price would be at $463/mo for his deal.

I am at $454 w/ $500 down on the SL.
  • zmarg19zmarg19 Member Posts: 23
    I'll post my sheet when I get back home, but I just picked up a SR midnight edition all black $0 down $390 a month 36/12k). I still had $1400 left in payments from my current lease and they cut me a check to cover the rest. Believe I got almost $7k off. 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,256

zmarg19 said:

I'll post my sheet when I get back home, but I just picked up a SR midnight edition all black $0 down $390 a month 36/12k). I still had $1400 left in payments from my current lease and they cut me a check to cover the rest. Believe I got almost $7k off. 

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• zmarg19zmarg19 Member Posts: 23

Michaell said:

zmarg19 said:

Congrats!

Thanks Michael. See below for details. 

• zvegas123zvegas123 Member Posts: 33
    Anyone know the residual and money factor on an SR or Platinum in Las Vegas Nevada?

I am being told by dealers here that there is only 1000 in rebates for leases and got a price of $38,027 for a vehicle with an MSRP of $40,560 (and I used Costco),

Seems like they dont really want to sell me a car when I compare that to what I have been seeing here.

Any help/suggestions on how to get a better deal would be appreciated!
    zmarg19 said:

Michaell said:

zmarg19 said:

Congrats!

Thanks Michael. See below for details. 

Zmarg - where are you located? That offer is insane.
    zvegas123 said:

Anyone know the residual and money factor on an SR or Platinum in Las Vegas Nevada?

I am being told by dealers here that there is only 1000 in rebates for leases and got a price of $38,027 for a vehicle with an MSRP of $40,560 (and I used Costco),

Seems like they dont really want to sell me a car when I compare that to what I have been seeing here.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Sorry - 12k miles over 36 months
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    zvegas123 said:

zvegas123 said:

zvegas123 said:

Sorry - 12k miles over 36 months

.00003 MF and 48% residual for all trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Are there any incentives?

seems crazy that across the country people are getting 7k off - any ideas on how to work the sales price down?
    zvegas123 said:

seems crazy that across the country people are getting 7k off - any ideas on how to work the sales price down?

We don't have the Nissan incentive information

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ConsiglieriConsiglieri Member Posts: 59

zvegas123 said:

Lease cash is most likely $4925. Just call and ask any local dealership.

Start negotiating by emailing or calling the General Sales Managers at the dealerships. Tell them the types of prices your (virtual) acquaintances are getting, and ask them to compete. Keep notes and pit them  against each other. You can't begin to fathom the 
    type of pressure they are under to move metal. They need to sell that car more desperately than
    you need to buy it. Sales are down, and it's a buyers market. 

• ConsiglieriConsiglieri Member Posts: 59

Michaell said:

I think I may have found the source of your problem. There appear to be less than half a dozen Nissan dealerships in the entire State of Nevada. In my east coast metropolitan region, there are probably well over a dozen nissan dealerships. located within a 50 mile radius of me, and competition for business is fierce.

In your area, since so few dealers are competing for all that business, they have little incentive to be aggressive on price. That may also explain why the Nissan incentives in your area (they're based on zip code) seem to be anemic as well. 

You may have to broaden your search to the next closest major metropolitan area. I feel your pain. 

Michaell said:

I think I may have found the source of your problem. There appear to be less than half a dozen Nissan dealerships in the entire State of Nevada. In my east coast metropolitan region, there are probably well over a dozen nissan dealerships. located within a 50 mile radius of me, and competition for business is fierce.

In your area, since so few dealers are competing for all that business, they have little incentive to be aggressive on price. That may also explain why the Nissan incentives in your area (they're based on zip code) seem to be anemic as well. 

You may have to broaden your search to the next closest major metropolitan area. I feel your pain. 

If that's the case, try LA (if you live in Las Vegas) or the Bay Area (if you live in Reno).

Plenty of Nissan dealers who will be more than competitive for your business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the insight - totally makes sense. Ill take a look at LA...

Appreciate the assistance!
  • aussi3itupaussi3itup Member Posts: 2
    Can I get the MF and RV on the following for 36/12 on all trims?

I live in MO.

Can I get the MF and RV on the following for 36/12 on all trims?

I live in MO.

.00003 and 48% for all trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jackson65jackson65 Member Posts: 22
    Can you post the 24/12 numbers for all trims also? I'm also in Missouri.
    jackson65 said:

Can you post the 24/12 numbers for all trims also? I'm also in Missouri.

.00003 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• warren301warren301 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Hey all,

went into the Nissan dealership today and test drove the nissan Maxima.

They got me in with this ad "$229/mo + $1,823 at signing" + tax/tag/title/fees

https://specialsmanager.dealeronlinemarketing.com/specials/GETN/GETN-1262-Jul-NewCarSpecials-Maxima.jpg

After requesting them to honor the ad on their website, they gave me these #'s :
    (1) $1895 down + $338/mo (includes 100% of taxes/fees)
    (2) $4,795 down + $255/mo (includes 100% of taxes/fees)

I tried negotiating them down on this price but the GM wouldn't budge.

Here is the breakdown:
    MSRP: $33,915
    SAVINGS: $7000
    VEHICLE PURCHASE PRICE: $26,915
    PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE CHARGE: $899
    STATE & LOCAL TAXES: 0 (they added this # into the monthly - I live in FL so i believe there is 6% sales tax)
    LICENSE AND FEES: 0 (they added this # into the monthly - i believe there is $450 title fee & i'm not sure of the tag fee)
    TOTAL SALE PRICE: $27,814 (excludes tax/title/tag)

When I took a closer look at the lease ad they had on their website it states:

$229/mo + $1,823 at signing + tax/tag/title/fees.

Lets break that down:
    36 months @ 229 = $8244
    down payment: $999
    1st month: $229
    Acquistion: $595
    [Total down payment: $1823]
    Dealer fee: $899
    Title: $450
    Tag: ~$250
    Tax: ~600

If we add all of that up we get: ~$12,267.
    Comparing that to what they offered me ($1895 down + $338/mo) that comes out to ~$14K!

So there is roughly a $2,000 difference on what they are offering me and the ad they have online.

Any insights to making this deal would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

warren301 said:

Hey all,

went into the Nissan dealership today and test drove the nissan Maxima.

They got me in with this ad "$229/mo + $1,823 at signing" + tax/tag/title/fees

https://specialsmanager.dealeronlinemarketing.com/specials/GETN/GETN-1262-Jul-NewCarSpecials-Maxima.jpg

After requesting them to honor the ad on their website, they gave me these #'s :
    (1) $1895 down + $338/mo (includes 100% of taxes/fees)
    (2) $4,795 down + $255/mo (includes 100% of taxes/fees)

I tried negotiating them down on this price but the GM wouldn't budge.

Here is the breakdown:
    MSRP: $33,915
    SAVINGS: $7000
    VEHICLE PURCHASE PRICE: $26,915
    PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE CHARGE: $899
    STATE & LOCAL TAXES: 0 (they added this # into the monthly - I live in FL so i believe there is 6% sales tax)
    LICENSE AND FEES: 0 (they added this # into the monthly - i believe there is $450 title fee & i'm not sure of the tag fee)
    TOTAL SALE PRICE: $27,814 (excludes tax/title/tag)

When I took a closer look at the lease ad they had on their website it states:

$229/mo + $1,823 at signing + tax/tag/title/fees.

Lets break that down:
    36 months @ 229 = $8244
    down payment: $999
    1st month: $229
    Acquistion: $595
    [Total down payment: $1823]
    Dealer fee: $899
    Title: $450
    Tag: ~$250
    Tax: ~600

If we add all of that up we get: ~$12,267.
    Comparing that to what they offered me ($1895 down + $338/mo) that comes out to ~$14K!

So there is roughly a $2,000 difference on what they are offering me and the ad they have online.

Any insights to making this deal would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

So.... it turns out that advertising works!

You can't get the deal they advertised. They've proven it to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• warren301warren301 Member Posts: 3
    kyfdx said:

So.... it turns out that advertising works!

You can't get the deal they advertised. They've proven it to you.

I found a different ad from a PA dealership [http://www.extonnissan.com/new-nissan-offers.htm?gclid=CPHqtbLbh9UCFUhLDQod3nwLTQ]

They are offering the "SV" trim for $219/mo + $0 down (includes 1st month payment but does not include tax/title/tag/dealer fee/bank fee). I decided to email a picture of that ad to the local nissan dealers around me to see what #'s I can get through email vs going in person.

One of them got back to me saying they can do $319/mo + $0 down (INCLUDES all tax / tag / fees, etc.) & 12K/36mo

This seems like a great deal as $319 x 36= $11,484 total on a car with a MSRP of $36K.

Thoughts on this / anything to be weary about? The dealership is over an hour drive so I dont want to get there and then they change all the #s!

Thank you in advance for your help

Yeah, looks cheap.

Ask the salesperson to email you a screenshot of his computer with the deal on it. (he might have to get this from the F&I person). Once you have it, tell him you'll come get it, but it has to be exactly that.

Have you asked if they have the car in stock, in a color you want?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stokeistokei Member Posts: 9
    May I please have the MF, RV and any lease incentives on a 2017 Maxima Platinum for 12k/36mos in the NYC area.
    stokei said:

May I please have the MF, RV and any lease incentives on a 2017 Maxima Platinum for 12k/36mos in the NYC area.

.00003 and 48%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shahab87shahab87 Member Posts: 6
    Hello, I have never leased a car before but i just got back from the dealer and they gave me the following for the nissan maxima. The car is listed for 34900 but the dealer has it down for 30500. 

They want 2000 down and the payment will be 200 a month. But he is telling me the total down payment will 4500-4800 with taxes and fees and the (2000 down pymt listed above?? My tax tate is 8.75 and i feel that 2800 in taxes and fees is extremely excessive . These numbers are for 3 years/36 mile lease... 

Can someone please explain if the down payment of 4800 is correct? Or if this is a great deal?? Thanks!!
    I live In new York
    shahab87 said:

Hello, I have never leased a car before but i just got back from the dealer and they gave me the following for the nissan maxima. The car is listed for 34900 but the dealer has it down for 30500. 

They want 2000 down and the payment will be 200 a month. But he is telling me the total down payment will 4500-4800 with taxes and fees and the (2000 down pymt listed above?? My tax tate is 8.75 and i feel that 2800 in taxes and fees is extremely excessive . These numbers are for 3 years/36 mile lease... 

Can someone please explain if the down payment of 4800 is correct? Or if this is a great deal?? Thanks!!
    I live In new York

.00003 and 48% for 36/12

There is an acquisition fee, and NY collects tax on the sum of the payments. We suggest you limit your out of pocket to just the first payment and DMV costs.

I suspect, but do not have confirmation, that there is lease cash available.

Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost - selling price plus all taxes and fees. Have them break everything out for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jobst526jobst526 Member Posts: 1
    Nissan Maxima SL 2017
    MSRP: 38315
    Offer: 29995

36mo/12k lease in NJ. What numbers should I be looking for if anyone can give me some advice on that. I was told a residual value of 48% but seems low to me.

jobst526 said:

Nissan Maxima SL 2017
    MSRP: 38315
    Offer: 29995

36mo/12k lease in NJ. What numbers should I be looking for if anyone can give me some advice on that. I was told a residual value of 48% but seems low to me.

.00003 MF and 48% residual for all trims.

$324/mo, assuming all fees and taxes are paid upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chaggarchaggar Member Posts: 1
    Hello, 

In the NJ area and got offered the below lease offer from my local dealership-was wondering if this is a good deal.

2017 Nissan Maxima S
    $2584 in taxes and fees-(due upfront)
    $0 down 
    $299 a month-(first payment due upfront)
    36 months 

Thank you so much for your insight!
    chaggar said:

Hello, 

In the NJ area and got offered the below lease offer from my local dealership-was wondering if this is a good deal.

2017 Nissan Maxima S
    $2584 in taxes and fees-(due upfront)
    $0 down 
    $299 a month-(first payment due upfront)
    36 months 

Thank you so much for your insight!

What is the MSRP and selling price?

Do you have a full breakdown of the up front cash?

How many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• guccimama69guccimama69 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Can you tell me the RV and MF for 2017 Maxima S 36/12.

Thank you,

Hello,

Can you tell me the RV and MF for 2017 Maxima S 36/12.

Thank you,

.00003 MF and 48% residual, for all trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jonah81jonah81 Member Posts: 5
    Got a new 2017 nissan maxima platinum $41810 msrp for $350/month taxes included, $0 out of pocket , everything rolled in. 36months 12k miles per yr, is this is a good deal?
  • tzinannitzinanni Member Posts: 81
    jonah81 said:

Got a new 2017 nissan maxima platinum $41810 msrp for $350/month taxes included, $0 out of pocket , everything rolled in. 36months 12k miles per yr, is this is a good deal?

Sounds great! Where are you located?
  • tzinannitzinanni Member Posts: 81
    Are the August numbers out yet? 36/12 and 36/15 in Illinois?
  • moorejazzbassmoorejazzbass Member Posts: 17
    Do you have the MF and residual numbers for a36/12  lease on a 2017 maxima SR in zip 02703 Massachusetts 
    tzinanni said:

Are the August numbers out yet? 36/12 and 36/15 in Illinois?

.00003 MF and 49%/47% residual for all trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Do you have the MF and residual numbers for a36/12  lease on a 2017 maxima SR in zip 02703 Massachusetts 

.00003 MF and 49% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lotto24lotto24 Member Posts: 7
    kyfdx said:

Do you have any information on incentives?
  • jonah81jonah81 Member Posts: 5
    I'm in michigan got the deal last Friday of July, mf was .00003 and rv was 48% 
    lotto24 said:

kyfdx said:

lotto24 said:

kyfdx said:

We do not have any Nissan incentive information...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tla1970tla1970 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Jonah81 I sent you a private message too..but in case you dont see it..what dealer in MI did you get that deal from ? I have been looking at the SR but the CVT scares me a little..how do you like the car? Premium gas required too :(
  • pweiric7pweiric7 Member Posts: 11
    I just picked up a 2017 Maxima S on Saturday. Premium gas is not required it's just recommended.
    Good to know..I know gas is cheap..for now..but never know in a year or 2. Thanks
    Why would you lease a $35-40K car and worry about a few dollars a week on gas costs? :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I know lol..but when it is at least 60 cents a gallon more than regular..at least here..that adds up quick. Though it seems it is not required anyway
    At most of the local Shell stations, premium is $0.70-$0.90 per gallon more than regular.
    At Kroger, it's $0.50 more.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

jonah81 said:

Looks great, relative to MSRP. Absolutely $0 due at signing? Wow.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator