Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    duque2616duque2616 Member Posts: 3
    This is my quote from the dealer. No dickering at all yet ... I don't have an Infiniti, but is there a way to still obtain loyalty cash? What kind of room is there to move on this price, if at all? I am excited about the price, but do not want to put that much down. Please Advise ... Thank You!

2011 G37X Coupe -
    Premium Package with Sun & Sound

24 Months - 76% Residual - .00149 Factor
    $2,500 Down - $347/Month

7.5% Tax

Retail Price - $44,250
    Sales  Price - $40,668 With VPP
  • Options
    topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    but after looking at this forum, it appears that a lot of people were getting like $3000 below invoice. I don't see how that is possible

Because some people live in an area that has multiple Infiniti dealerships and they are willing to compete for business. Generally Southern California has the best price. And if you live in a town with only one or two Inifiniti dealers, it will be hard for you to match the price southern California folk get...
  • Options
    topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    I don't have an Infiniti, but is there a way to still obtain loyalty cash?

No, you need a DMV registration of an infiniti vechicle with your name on it at the time of closing the deal..
  • Options
    duque2616duque2616 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, that makes sense. Are there any other incentives, or wiggle room on price? There are three dealers in a 50 mile radius.
  • Options
    njcruisenjcruise Member Posts: 17
    I met with a dealer in NJ and I'd like to get an expert opinion on the whether the following figures are reasonable. The MSRP seems high.

2011 G37x coupe, AWD w/sports package
    MSRP: $47K
    Selling Price: $44,400
    MF: .00142
    Residual Value: 66%
    12k miles, 39 mth lease: $465/mth.
    $1700 (includes reg. fees, taxes, initial payment, acqu. fee-465)

I was also able to negotiate the return of a 2007 Infiniti lease with the wear and tear fees completely absorbed. I'm not sure if this is standard practice.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    gguy8gguy8 Member Posts: 29
    Thanks topgun7! That makes sense. Taking into account that I live in a relatively small town in northern New Jersey where there are like maybe 2 or 3 infiniti dealerships nearby, do you think I made a good lease deal in your opinion?
  • Options
    chikochiko Member Posts: 25
    Even tough the rush is over, I've noticed some dealers are still offering great deals. Just last week, I received an email from Infiniti of Atlanta offering me $3000 below invoice on a G sedan. Go to ZAG.com and see if you can get a deal in your area. I've also heard of people asking their local dealers to match the deals from the Atlanta dealers with success. January incentives vary by model. Good luck
  • Options
    Do you really need 18K miles? It does seem very high. What's the MSRP? And what is your final sale price? Once you have those numbers we can figure out the monthly payments. You are right, the VPP trend is still going on, with dealers offering great deals.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gguy8. I don't see how anyone could get this car for $3,000 under dealer invoice. The deal that you posted here looks very good to me.

Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi chadl. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 G37x Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're welcome 4ml. This is looks like an attractive selling price to me. Keep in mind that you might not be able to negotiate the same price for a purchase and a lease because Infiniti is providing $1,000 dealer cash on the '11 G37 Sedan right now which is not compatible with its special lease program.

Using these numbers and IFS' current lease program, I estimate that this car would have a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $343.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    psquaredpsquared Member Posts: 17
    Thanks to everyone, this forum and Edmunds is indispensable. Have about a month left on the current lease, lots of good info here. This will be our third g in a row if we can close it, the forum has been a great help (for the third time). Sorry to fish, live in the Indianapolis area, we have a single dealer, anyone have recent experience? Just curious to get a feel if available. Loyalty seems to be playing a factor this time, first offer is really close.
  • Options
    gguy8gguy8 Member Posts: 29
    Thanks Carman! I thought I got a pretty good deal, and I am pleased to hear that you concur. The only thing I wish I had done was to wait until this month to do it because the money factor seems to have dropped quite a bit! Do you think I would have ended up with a better lease if I had waited till now?
  • Options
    markk79markk79 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I am interested in leasing a 2011 G37 Journey
    Hoping to get dealer down to ZAG price of $31,695
    N.J.

Interested in a 39 mo. lease, 12k miles, no money due at lease signing.

What would a fair monthly lease amount be?

Thanks.
  • Options
    manuvamanuva Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2011
    I couldn't get the zag website to give me 2011 numbers for G37 coupe.

I am interested in the 2010 G37 Coupe Journey lease.

Is it available for lease? I would appreciate any advise on how to negotiate the price (will they accept the ZAG price) and the money factor & residual.

Appreciate any help, since I have never bought a car from a dealer before!
  • Options
    donkey22donkey22 Member Posts: 2
    I was in a 2008 G37, about to exceed my miles, and owed $5k on a 39 month lease. I just turned in the 2008 g37 and got a new 2011 g37. msrp was 44,500 with premium package and performance package and everything except navi pretty much.

I was quoted $489+ taxes for 39 months and 15k miles a year. Total cash out of pocket to get out of the 08 lease, for down payment, for everything including tag and everything was $5k flat.

How's this sound to everyone? It seems like an exceptional deal considering how much over my miles I was, but I'm curious if I am missing something... Thanks!
  • Options
    scott211scott211 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man, I was hoping to find out the MF and residual for a 2011 G37 AWD with premium and nav packages on a 36 month 12,000 mile/yr lease in Ohio. Many thanks in advance.
  • Options
    helixtimestwohelixtimestwo Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man -

Can you give some insight into Infiniti Financial Services, specifically their credit tiers?

Is it like Acura -- select, preferred, super preferred,...or something similar?

Any idea of the cutoff scores for the tiers (if they exist)?

YOU THE MAN! Thanks carman..
  • Options
    You're right, gguy8. This car's money factor is a little lower in January than it was in December...but its residual values are a point lower as well. I don't think that there is much of a net difference in the payments for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go scott211.

Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 G37 Sedan AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 64%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi helixtimestwo. IFS does indeed have different credit tiers. The money factors that I have mentioned are for consumers who qualify for its top two tiers. One needs a credit score of 690 or better to qualify for them.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    irishys17irishys17 Member Posts: 30
    Hi,
    I'm considering the 2011 Infiniti G37X with Premium Package as my next lease. I drove it last weekend and liked it - but am still leaning towards the Acura TL w/ Tech Package.

MSRP is $40,025 and without any real negotiation they were willing to take off the price of the Premium Package (I think around $1800.00). Invoice on the car is $36,918 & TMV is $36,694.

In January I believe there is also a $1500 manufacturer to dealer incentive.

So, without the dealer disclosing the "Cap Cost" on the car here's what they were offering: $371.85/month for 39 months (which I don't want...I want 36 months) with $2154.88 due at signing (all fees included), 10,000 miles (which is probably ok).

Can you tell me if this is an ok deal for someone with "top tier" credit in NJ?

Also, what is the money factor and residual value on this car AND what "cap cost" can I realistically expect with this car?

Thanks so much for your help!
  • Options
    g37skg37sk Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking to leasing another G37x and it looks like for January at my zip code (St Louis, MO) they are offering a 3k Manufacturer to dealer incentive and also a ranging holdback according to truecar. Can anyone confirm this? If so this should make going under invoice by 2-3k more attainable.
  • Options
    jack616jack616 Member Posts: 10
    Hi, the G37X is also a car that I am considering. The only difference is that I want the navigation in it in addition to the Premium Package. May I ask you which dealership offered that to you? Please update on what you do with this. Good luck! I would like to try the dealer you went to because I do think you got a decent rate (Car Man what do you think?). Would you please tell me who you worked with if you were pleased with them? Thanks again!
  • Options
    h575309h575309 Member Posts: 2
    I just closed a deal on a G37x w Premium and Nav Packages for $325/month for 39/12k, $5k at signing. Ive actually seen some deals for the coupe model at Pepe Infiniti in White Plains, NY for $299/month for 24 months and $4k at signing. Seems like Infiniti is trying to move some cars quickly.
  • Options
    liche90liche90 Member Posts: 28
    So I have heard things from 1k to 3k worth of incentives? what is the real current incentives for leasing and buying? All I heard was just the 1k.
  • Options
    g37skg37sk Member Posts: 3
    5k down on a lease? what was your resid/money factor on the g37x?
  • Options
    jack616jack616 Member Posts: 10
    I read a post a short time back that there was 3K being offered. I wonder if the other person who just leased and put down the 5k was aware of that. 5K is an awful lot of money to put down I think.
  • Options
    irishys17irishys17 Member Posts: 30
    The dealership was Ray Catena Infiniti in Bridgewater NJ. Salesman was Allen Heyman.

We did not purchase the vehicle (yet) because we were really only there for a test drive. They did not want to let us leave. Allen was very nice but before long he bought out Dave the sales manager who turned me off...a little too slick. I said repeatedly that we were not going to buy the car that day for several reasons but mainly I don't make financial decisions so quickly.

Dave said he'd show me the invoice...disappeared...then returned without the invoice saying he had other people to help but "Allen will take good care of you".
    While he was doing that Allen just so happened to drive the exact car we were considering to the front door....very smooth.

I currently have an Acura TL and love it. I think my best deal is going to be with Acura. After driving both, I honestly thought the TL had a smoother ride.
    I haven't made a decision yet...but Infiniti was pushing hard for an end of the month deal...we'll see.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Hi Car_Man,
    Would you mind posting the rates for a G37MT Coupe on a 24-month, 15K miles lease with Tier 2 credit. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hi liche90. I've heard that there's $1,500 in cash incentives on purchases of the 2011 G37 Sedan, but nothing other than $1,000 loyalty on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi chiko. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2011 G37 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00158 and 76%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Its factor for "Tier 2" customers is likely .00040 or so higher than that, but I don't know for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    h575309h575309 Member Posts: 2
    Residual was 63%. Im not sure off the top of my head what the money factor was but I believe it was around .002 (actually I think it was .00211).

The MSRP was $42,225 (G37x, Premium, Nav, Illuminated kick plates) and the sale price was $37,890 so a discount of $4335. They also paid my last months lease payment on my Altima, covering all wear and tear and a couple of other perks. I was satisfied with the deal but perhaps I couldve gone lower. I unfortunately only heard about Pepe Infiniti after the fact.
  • Options
    evltwin1957evltwin1957 Member Posts: 1
    The G37X is an amazing vehicle, good choice!

For your information, all lease rates and residuals are re-evaluated at the end of every month and almost always change.

If you are wondering if your dealer is being competative, compare the lease you were presented to the national lease special. All incentives are as posted on Edmunds.com. There is $1,000 in Infiniti Dealer Cash that is applicable to an IFS lease, that is all. That incentive is scheduled to end January 31, 2011.

Upon request, the dealership should let you know what the capital cost reduction is in the lease you are considering. "Cap Cost" is a variable that is controlled by the consumer. Simply put, "Cap Cost" it is cash down to lower the lease payment. Most advertised lease specials are calculated backwards to establish the capitalized cost reduction required to obtain a certain payment.

J.P.Getty once said ... you lease what depreciates and you buy what appreciates.

Depending on the state you reside, you will pay sales tax on either the price of the car or the monthly payment. Most advertised lease specials do not include sales tax, license or dealership fees. Don't forget to add that to an advertised payment.
  • Options
    wqqzwqqz Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

do you have Feb rate MF and residual for G37x AWD sedan and coupe /15K miles / 24 and 39 month?

is this published rates or differ from dealer to dealer?

thanks,
  • Options
    binbotbinbot Member Posts: 8
    Hi all,

Does anyone have the Feb rates for a 2011 base G37 Coupe for 15k/year and 39 month lease?

I was offered a 500 down and 350 a month (after 7% taxes, etc) for this lease.
    I think this is a good deal. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    binbot
  • Options
    ekl18ekl18 Member Posts: 4
    I think that is a pretty good deal considering what I have seen so far. What are they selling the car for?
  • Options
    Hi wqqz. Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 G37 Sedan AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00106 and 69%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00133 and 60%.

I believe that this is a national program, so it shouldn't vary from dealer to dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go binbot. Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 G37 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00144 and 63%, respectively.

It would be easier to evaluate this deal if you provided us with this car's MSRP and selling price first. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    ashleyzashleyz Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man

I am interested in the February lease rate for a 2011 G37X Coupe, 24 months, 10k per year lease as well

I was offered the following number: 2011 Coupe AWD - Premium Package
    MSRP $43,470 Selling Price $39,757
    Residual 76% Base Money Factor .00059 (with 9 security deposits)

Pls all the fees & taxes (7%) it ended up been $373 with $4186 out of pocket

I was offered this few days ago, so I think this is the Janurary rate. Is this a good deal? Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    hey guys, I just got a new 2011 g37x coupe the last day of the month in january. I live in michigan.

I got a g37x coupe - Silver with graphite interior.
    options
    -premium
    -nav
    -wood trim
    -illuminated doortime
    -spoiler

the car MSRP was approx $46,800. They took $4750 off msrp, plus they used another 1k(owner loyalty) towards cap cost reduction. I leased the car for 24months/10k miles. I put max security deposits totalling $3600(which is refundable in 2yrs, essentially bought the MF down).

So including MSD i put $4800 due, with 3600 coming back at end of lease. My lease payment is $288 a month!!! I think I got a great deal. I probably could have gotten another 500 off, but i thought it was a very fair deal, esp since the dealer down the road, was playing games with me, telling me it wasn't right, didn't include tax. My payment INCLUDES 6% tax. This car is great to lease right now guys.....but the car drives so amazing, so powerful. :)
  • Options
    marshallcpamarshallcpa Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2011
    Is anybody having luck getting a dealer to give them the $1,000 dealer cash on a G37 lease this month? The Edmunds incentives and rebates page says this is compatible with leases, but the dealer I am trying to work with (which is where I got my 2008 that is going off lease soon) says that the dealer cash only is good for retail purchases.

There is also an additional $500 Bonus Cash that Edmunds says is only good toward retail purchases, an additional $1,000 lease loyalty bonus cash, and IFS will waive up to 3 payments on an expiring lease.

Thanks.
  • Options
    soupconsoupcon Member Posts: 25
    hi car man!
    do you have the residual and money factor for a 24 month lease (36 month) for a g37 journey sedan?

thanks in advance!
  • Options
    tlb5tlb5 Member Posts: 44
    Carman,

I was looking through the edmunds infiniti incentives page and i noticed on the 2010 G37 convertible there is "$2500 sell down dealer cash" AND "$1000 retail dealer cash" listed both stating they are compatible with leasing and not saying anything about not being combinable. Does this mean IFS is still supporting leasing of 2010's and i could basically get $3500 cap cost reduction!? If so, do you know the residuals and MF's for a 36 or 39 mo lease with 10k miles?

There is a 2010 G37 base convertible with prem., kick plate, rear wind deflector and first aid kit in my area:

MSRP - $49175
    Invoice - $45207
    TMV - $42328 (consistent with all the incentives)

if i could roll in there expecting to shoot for invoice +$500 - $3500 incentives i could be looking at a sweet cap cost of $42,207. even if the residuals are lower for the 2010, that's gotta be a killer lease deal.

am I missing something here?

thanks for your help!

p.s. i also have a current infiniti lease but i didn't see anything about loyalty - if the above is accurate, should i also expect loyalty cash in addition to those other rebates?
  • Options
    ballerchildballerchild Member Posts: 4
    There is so much useful info in this thread! I'm in the market for a 2011 g37 coupe sport and I'm looking for the residual and money factor for a 36 month lease at 15k miles. Also, what kind of incentives can I aim for when leasing this vehicle?

Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    bigbadjonbigbadjon Member Posts: 4
    Sorry I'm new to the whole leasing thing, been trying to read up on it. Emailed a local Infiniti dealership and hears what they offered:

2011 G37 Coupe Journey
    Graphite Shadow Exterior (dark grey)
    Graphite Interior (black)
    Premium Package
    Performance Tire and Wheel Package
    MSRP: 42,525
    Sale Price: 39,384
    Lease for 39 months at 12k per year
    503/month with $1,000 at signing (includes first month payment and fees)

I may have used the wrong values but from doing my own calculations, assuming 60% residual and .00133 money factor it should have been more in the $450 range, any thoughts? Did I use the wrong values?

Thanks!
  • Options
    haclawhaclaw Member Posts: 1
    hello. broker claims can offer following:
    $329 for 39 months with $0 down
    Includes:
    All wheel drive
    Leather Interior
    Rear View Camera
    Heated seats
    Moonroof
    Intelligent Key with Push button start
    XM Radio
    6-CD changer
    328 HP V6

Leasing Done through Infiniti Financial
    Add $595 bank fee, local sales tax and DMV fees.
    Includes 10k miles per year (other mileage options are available).

any input greatly appreciated
  • Options
    Hi ashleyz. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 G37 Coupe AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00149 and 76%, respectively.

Each additional security deposit lowers this car's factor by .00010, so nine additional would lower it by .00090 to .00059...just like you were quoted.

The selling price looks good too. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi marshallcpa. I believe that the dealer was correct. I don't think that the $1,000 dealer cash is compatible with Infiniti's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I sure do soupcon.

Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 G37 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 68%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00100 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host