Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 Honda Odyssey Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,000
    raoden said:

Hi,

I am looking at a 2018 Odyssey Elite 12K, 36months in NJ. Can you please help me with the MF and Residual. Thx!

.00200 MF and 58% residual

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• raodenraoden Posts: 19
    kyfdx said:

raoden said:

Hi,

I am looking at a 2018 Odyssey Elite 12K, 36months in NJ. Can you please help me with the MF and Residual. Thx!

kyfdx thanks for the info. I tried getting a quote over email from a local dealer in NJ and was given the following

Lease Duration: 39Months
    Mileage: 10K per year.
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: 57%

They say they are using Honda Finance. Do these lease terms look right to you?

Now for their quote:
    Negotiated sale price: 43,316
    Cap Cost Reduction: $1000
    Quote: $630 per month

I ran the numbers using multiple lease calculators and my monthly is coming close to $571 (inclusive of NJ tax). So any help with validating my calculation over theirs would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    raoden said:

kyfdx said:

raoden said:

Hi,

kyfdx thanks for the info. I tried getting a quote over email from a local dealer in NJ and was given the following

Lease Duration: 39Months
    Mileage: 10K per year.
    MF: 0.0021
    Residual: 57%

They say they are using Honda Finance. Do these lease terms look right to you?

Now for their quote:
    Negotiated sale price: 43,316
    Cap Cost Reduction: $1000
    Quote: $630 per month

I ran the numbers using multiple lease calculators and my monthly is coming close to $571 (inclusive of NJ tax). So any help with validating my calculation over theirs would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Yes.. those numbers look right for 39 months.
    What is the MSRP?
    What is the total amount due at signing?

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2017
    The MSRP is: $47,610 (including the destination fee)
    They did not give a total number due at signing. But they did say $1000 downpayment. Will update once I check back with them.

Also they did not provide any acquisition fee. I suspect they have tacked on some other fees that they have not disclosed or my calculations are wrong.

Thanks for the help.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,511
    raoden said:

The MSRP is: $47,610 (including the destination fee)
    They did not give a total number due at signing. But they did say $1000 downpayment. Will update once I check back with them.

Also they did not provide any acquisition fee. I suspect they have tacked on some other fees that they have not disclosed or my calculations are wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Make sure you understand the total out of pocket - $1000 down and $1000 out of pocket are not the same thing.

Yes, review all the paperwork carefully for junk fees. And, don't be afraid to get up and walk away if you aren't comfortable with any of the numbers, or they aren't explained to your satisfaction.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Hi Michael,

If you have moment can you check if my calcs are wrong for the terms I outlined above.

Thanks a lot!
    raoden said:

Hi Michael,

If you have moment can you check if my calcs are wrong for the terms I outlined above.

Thanks a lot!

Need an adjusted CAP of about $45,700 to get to $630/mo.
    So.. about $2400 above their sale price

That's about right.
    $595 acquisition fee
    $300 DMV fees
    $300 dealer/doc fee
    Tax..

Of course, I didn't figure in any CAP reduction, because we aren't certain of the due at signing amount.

Edmunds Moderator

Do people roll the tags and title fees into the lease? I was trying to keep them out of the lease. I can include it for the calculation to confirm the numbers.

Based on the quote they gave me it already includes the doc fee of $399. Tax was also already included in the quote. So it should be acquisition fee and DMV fees only that I can see. Which means $900. Which still leaves about a $1500 gap in the calculation. Thanks for your help. I am going to press them to see where this is coming from.

Dealing with these dealers is so frustrating. A different dealer I went to would not provide any of the underlying numbers at all. Sigh :disappointed:
    raoden said:

Do people roll the tags and title fees into the lease? I was trying to keep them out of the lease. I can include it for the calculation to confirm the numbers.

Based on the quote they gave me it already includes the doc fee of $399. Tax was also already included in the quote. So it should be acquisition fee and DMV fees only that I can see. Which means $900. Which still leaves about a $1500 gap in the calculation. Thanks for your help. I am going to press them to see where this is coming from.

Dealing with these dealers is so frustrating. A different dealer I went to would not provide any of the underlying numbers at all. Sigh :disappointed:

If you don't know the amount that is due upfront, then you can't say what's rolled in, or what isn't.

Edmunds Moderator

• Hi. I am in Texas Zip Code 76006 and am interested in leasing a 2018 Odyssey LX for 36 months. Can you please provide the Money Factor and Residual Values for 12K miles/year as well as 15K miles/year for December 2017? Also, are there any cash incentives/rebates/dealer cash for leases out for Odysseys this month? As always, thanks in advance for all the great info you provide.
    ombarr96 said:

Hi. I am in Texas Zip Code 76006 and am interested in leasing a 2018 Odyssey LX for 36 months. Can you please provide the Money Factor and Residual Values for 12K miles/year as well as 15K miles/year for December 2017? Also, are there any cash incentives/rebates/dealer cash for leases out for Odysseys this month? As always, thanks in advance for all the great info you provide.

.00200 MF and 58%/56% residual.

No incentives that we see.

Edmunds Moderator

• I am located in central va - what’s the residual/mf on Odyssey exl with entertainment. 

dabears85 said:

I am located in central va - what’s the residual/mf on Odyssey exl with entertainment. 

.00200 and 58% for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• What about 12k miles 
    dabears85 said:

What about 12k miles 

60%

• doovdoov Posts: 6
    edited December 2017
    Looking for numbers and feedback on 2018 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES/NAV for 39 month/15K miles (SE Michigan/48103)
    We are getting quoted:
    The residual Value is 56% ($22,568)
    The cap cost is $36,557.78
    The Money Factor is .00162

$515 per month, it is a 39mos lease with 15k miles per year and a total of $786.04 due at signing.

Please let me know if those numbers sounds appropriate and if asking for 36 month would make any meaningful difference?
    doov said:

Looking for numbers and feedback on 2018 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES/NAV for 39 month/15K miles (SE Michigan/48103)
    We are getting quoted:

$515 per month, it is a 39mos lease with 15k miles per year and a total of $786.04 due at signing.

Please let me know if those numbers sounds appropriate and if asking for 36 month would make any meaningful difference?

56% residual is correct.
    We show a money factor of .00200, but there may be an updated incentive program that we don't know about.

Using your numbers, I get $455/mo.+tax
    If I use .00200 for the money factor (which is more likely), then $477/mo.+tax, which is closer to your payment.
    But still $10/mo. less, assuming 6% tax.

36 month residual is 2% higher. All else being equal, going to 36 months will add about $10/mo. to the payment. That might be worth it to you, or not, to reduce the lease by 3 months.

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

doov said:

We are getting quoted:

56% residual is correct.
    We show a money factor of .00200, but there may be an updated incentive program that we don't know about.

If I use .00200 for the money factor (which is more likely), then $477/mo.+tax, which is closer to your payment.

36 month residual is 2% higher. All else being equal, going to 36 months will add about $10/mo. to the payment. That might be worth it to you, or not, to reduce the lease by 3 months.

----------------------------------------

Thank you, that is very helpful. I will push a bit to see where the difference is or if they are using different calculations like the 0.0200 money factor, etc and how their total due at signing is broken down and if it includes first months payment or not.

• acthadacthad Posts: 16
    '18 EX-L RES/Navi 12/36, 12/39 for IL

Thanks!
    acthad said:

'18 EX-L RES/Navi 12/36, 12/39 for IL

Thanks!

.00200 and 60% / 58%

doov said:

kyfdx said:

doov said:

We are getting quoted:

56% residual is correct.

Thank you, that is very helpful. I will push a bit to see where the difference is or if they are using different calculations like the 0.0200 money factor, etc and how their total due at signing is broken down and if it includes first months payment or not.

They are sticking by a money factor of 0.00162 and couldn't explain the difference except to say maybe they didn't tell me about the bank acquisition fee of $795 which is added in, which would work out to the additional $20/month

We actually asked about a one pay lease also to save on interest and their quoted total payment was $17, 648.24 for a 36 month/15K lease, which works out to $490.22/month. Can I ask for your opinion about that total? (and Thank you!).
    doov said:

doov said:

kyfdx said:

doov said:

We are getting quoted:

56% residual is correct.

They are sticking by a money factor of 0.00162 and couldn't explain the difference except to say maybe they didn't tell me about the bank acquisition fee of $795 which is added in, which would work out to the additional $20/month

We actually asked about a one pay lease also to save on interest and their quoted total payment was $17, 648.24 for a 36 month/15K lease, which works out to $490.22/month. Can I ask for your opinion about that total? (and Thank you!).
    With an acquisition fee of $795 and a money factor of .00162, I'd guess that it's not a Honda Finance lease. Probably US Bank, but it could be another independent. Honda Finance acquisition fee is $595.

Not sure I'd do a single pay lease to save $25/mo, but if you have the cash, that's certainly an option.

Edmunds Moderator

• Coming off a 2015 EX-L Navi lease $418/mo and experiencing sticker shock looking at the pricing for a 2018 EX-L, in part because you're forced to take RES.

Going back into the dealership tomorrow (Christmas Eve!) but would love feedback about this offer:

Seattle area
    2018 EX-L Nav/Res
    white/beige
    36 mos
    $37,787 agreed value (roof rails, rear cargo, door edge, splash guard, floor mats, 3 yr maint)
    $593/mo
    $23,374 purchase at end of lease

Should I go with this deal? First time leasing w/o my husband. Thanks.

Coming off a 2015 EX-L Navi lease $418/mo and experiencing sticker shock looking at the pricing for a 2018 EX-L, in part because you're forced to take RES.

Going back into the dealership tomorrow (Christmas Eve!) but would love feedback about this offer:

Seattle area
    2018 EX-L Nav/Res
    white/beige
    36 mos
    $37,787 agreed value (roof rails, rear cargo, door edge, splash guard, floor mats, 3 yr maint)
    $593/mo
    $23,374 purchase at end of lease

Should I go with this deal? First time leasing w/o my husband. Thanks.

Yeah.. the Odyssey is not cheap to lease.
    What is the MSRP.
    All of the accessories and maintenance plans make a lease very expensive.
    I'd shop the Toyota Sienna, before I plunked $600/mo. down for an Odyssey.

Edmunds Moderator

• Seattle area
    MSRP = $40,335

Thanks.
    (brand loyal, unfortunately, so will stick w/Odyssey but at best price. Even though you pay for it, we always got the 3 yr maintenance rolled in as motivation to not put off service. Illogical, I know..,)

Seattle area
    MSRP = $40,335

Thanks.
    (brand loyal, unfortunately, so will stick w/Odyssey but at best price. Even though you pay for it, we always got the 3 yr maintenance rolled in as motivation to not put off service. Illogical, I know..,)

I get $528/mo.+tax, if the agreed price is the adjusted CAP cost. That's a little short of your quote, but I'll guess the $595 acquisition fee is the difference.

We had four Accords and two CR-Vs, but haven't had a Honda since 2008. You can always change.. ;)

Edmunds Moderator

• Please provide MF/RV and incentives on Elite for 36/10 (northern VA). Thanks.
    ghost0602 said:

Please provide MF/RV and incentives on Elite for 36/10 (northern VA). Thanks.

.00200 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Moderator

• you wrote:
    "I get $528/mo.+tax, if the agreed price is the adjusted CAP cost. That's a little short of your quote, but I'll guess the $595 acquisition fee is the difference."

Hello, again ... I delayed the decision because I am truly confused about all the terms, so have uploaded PDF of the dealer's worksheet if you have time to review it. Thanks so much.
  • Does Honda require a $1999 cap cost reduction on all leases? I had all other terms agreed to and when they turned it into a lease payment, it was way higher than what I got on leasehackr and that's when he showed me the fee and said it was because I wasn't putting any down. Even if I add trade-in, they hit me for an extra 1999 and deducted that from the value of trade.

thanks in advance!