Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2018 BMW X1 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    dunmaglasdunmaglas Member Posts: 25
    What are the terms for a 2018 X1 X1 sDrive 28i, in Georgia (30307), 24/10?
    MF, Residual and incentives

Thank you!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,212
    dunmaglas said:

What are the terms for a 2018 X1 X1 sDrive 28i, in Georgia (30307), 24/10?
    MF, Residual and incentives

Thank you!

.00166 MF and 65% residual
    $1000 lease bonus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lisat91403lisat91403 Member Posts: 165
    I have an updated deal with the following changes:

- Selling price lowered by $500 (MSRP $42415, Selling Price $37,345)
    - No cap reduction

Could you please let me know if this looks right? Thanks!

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,318

I have an updated deal with the following changes:

- Selling price lowered by $500 (MSRP $42415, Selling Price $37,345)
    - No cap reduction

Could you please let me know if this looks right? Thanks!

Is this a demo? 59% of $42,415 is $25,025.

My pre-tax payment works out to $435.34.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    It is not a demo.

I hadn't checked that math, and I see you are correct (of course). I guess I figured that the residual value was automatically calculated by the software. Wonder why it is off? But it should only change the payment by around $6/month, right?
  • Options

It is not a demo.

I hadn't checked that math, and I see you are correct (of course). I guess I figured that the residual value was automatically calculated by the software. Wonder why it is off? But it should only change the payment by around $6/month, right?

Yeah, it should be automatic. No idea why it's different - perhaps the finance manager can answer that?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options

It is not a demo.

The easy answer is that the actual MSRP is $41,995, not $42,415.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I see $41,995...before adding a few add-ons:

But the whole thing is odd since the vehicle is listed at $42,415 on the dealer website. It's almost like the Paint Protect was added to the MSRP, but the other two add-ons weren't.

Why did you think it was a loaner?
  • Options

I see $41,995...before adding a few add-ons:

But the whole thing is odd since the vehicle is listed at $42,415 on the dealer website. It's almost like the Paint Protect was added to the MSRP, but the other two add-ons weren't.

Why did you think it was a loaner?

Ah, those are dealer add ons, and not part of the actual factory sticker price.

I thought it was a loaner as the residual value is adjusted downward for the miles that are on the car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks for the help. 11% off sticker seems pretty good to me, but I somehow always feel like I’m leaving money on the table :-)

They don’t do MSD’s anymore, right?
  • Options

Thanks for the help. 11% off sticker seems pretty good to me, but I somehow always feel like I’m leaving money on the table :-)

They don’t do MSD’s anymore, right?

Correct... no MSDs

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    So my other deal fell through. He was trying to get a trade from another dealer, and they wouldn't do it.

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm hoping you can look at this new one. I don't trust him because he marked up the MF to .00186. I caught it, but now I'm not sure what else might be wrong. Here's what I have:

MSRP: $41,470
    Selling Price: $36,450
    Incentives: $1000 Loyalty and $1500 lease credit

It also lists the following, that I'm not sure about:

Total Cap Reduction: $1369.18
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $36,085.82

Monthly payment: $463.47

Thanks!
  • Options
    morgs2323morgs2323 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    Hi there - I'd love to hear your thoughts on the following offer:
    • 2018 BMW X1 sDrive
    • Lease terms: 36 mos / 10k miles / zero down beyond fees
    • Zip code: 94095
    • Money factor: .00206, which seems high. I asked if they could go lower but was told no because they're already $2k below invoice. Should I push more or does that seem legitimate?
    • Additional details below, including $2,500 rebate
    • Payment comes out to $428 incl taxes with a drive off of $1,249. When I run the numbers I get closer to $400 - what am I missing?
    • I'm turning in a lease that has one payment left and needs two new tires. They offered to waive the last payment and tire fees, which seems generous - yeah?

Thank you!!
  • Options

So my other deal fell through. He was trying to get a trade from another dealer, and they wouldn't do it.

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm hoping you can look at this new one. I don't trust him because he marked up the MF to .00186. I caught it, but now I'm not sure what else might be wrong. Here's what I have:

MSRP: $41,470
    Selling Price: $36,450
    Incentives: $1000 Loyalty and $1500 lease credit

It also lists the following, that I'm not sure about:

Total Cap Reduction: $1369.18
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $36,085.82

Monthly payment: $463.47

Thanks!

The cap reduction is the same as a down payment; we do not recommend this. First payment and DMV costs only up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    morgs2323 said:

• 2018 BMW X1 sDrive
    • Money factor: .00206, which seems high. I asked if they could go lower but was told no because they're already $2k below invoice. Should I push more or does that seem legitimate?
    • Payment comes out to $428 incl taxes with a drive off of $1,249. When I run the numbers I get closer to $400 - what am I missing?
    • I'm turning in a lease that has one payment left and needs two new tires. They offered to waive the last payment and tire fees, which seems generous - yeah?

Thank you!!
    That's a purchase quote - you need the numbers for a lease, which would include the acquisition fee. That's likely the difference between your calculation and the dealers.

And, ask them how much the discount would be in exchange for the base MF?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

The cap reduction is the same as a down payment; we do not recommend this. First payment and DMV costs only up front.

I'm confused. I specifically told him no money down. So that's not what he did, right? Where does the $2500 in incentives go, other than to DMV costs and first payment?

• Options

Michaell said:

I'm confused. I specifically told him no money down. So that's not what he did, right? Where does the $2500 in incentives go, other than to DMV costs and first payment?

The dealer did it correctly. The CAP reduction comes from the rebate, after fees and first payment are deducted.

That's a good deal. Nearly 12% off MSRP, and the base money factor.
    Sign and Drive, right? Just 35 payments?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks...that's what I was thinking...that the CAP reduction was leftover BMW money from the rebates.

I'm assuming it's Sign & Drive with 35 payments. His email said 36 months, 10k miles per year, $0 down. The initial screen he sent me showed a marked up MF, but I caught that. He said "At this price, I have to make some money somewhere." But then he changed it when I said no to the deal if not the base MF.

I'm nervous leasing a car. I appreciate your help, and hope that I've done a good job with it as it's for my elderly mom and I wouldn't want her taken advantage of.
  • Options

Thanks...that's what I was thinking...that the CAP reduction was leftover BMW money from the rebates.

I'm assuming it's Sign & Drive with 35 payments. His email said 36 months, 10k miles per year, $0 down. The initial screen he sent me showed a marked up MF, but I caught that. He said "At this price, I have to make some money somewhere." But then he changed it when I said no to the deal if not the base MF.

I'm nervous leasing a car. I appreciate your help, and hope that I've done a good job with it as it's for my elderly mom and I wouldn't want her taken advantage of.

If I add up all the charges, including the first payment, then deduct $2500, I get the adjusted CAP, so it sure looks like the first payment is coming out of the $2500.

So, 35 payments of $463.47. $0 due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Yes. I think that's a decent deal. If it comes out to anything else when we get to the dealer today, I will panic ;-) Thanks for your help!
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Yes. I think that's a decent deal. If it comes out to anything else when we get to the dealer today, I will panic ;-) Thanks for your help!
    Just keep asking questions until you're satisfied with the answers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:
    • 2018 BMW X1 sDrive
    Thank you!!
    That's a purchase quote - you need the numbers for a lease, which would include the acquisition fee. That's likely the difference between your calculation and the dealers. And, ask them how much the discount would be in exchange for the base MF?
    Thanks, Michaell. I went to a different dealer in the area today and got to similar numbers and have a lease quote this time. Similarly they said they'd walk away before lowering the money factor - but it seems so high! What do you think of these new numbers? I feel like I should be able to get lower but not sure where to push. They have two in stock at this price, so maybe I should wait until closer to the end of the month in case they're trying to meet a quota? Again, this is 2018 BMW X1 sDrive for 36 mos / 10k miles 

• Options
    morgs2323 said:

Michaell said:

• 2018 BMW X1 sDrive

Thank you!!
    That's a purchase quote - you need the numbers for a lease, which would include the acquisition fee. That's likely the difference between your calculation and the dealers.

Thanks, Michaell. I went to a different dealer in the area today and got to similar numbers and have a lease quote this time. Similarly they said they'd walk away before lowering the money factor - but it seems so high! What do you think of these new numbers? I feel like I should be able to get lower but not sure where to push. They have two in stock at this price, so maybe I should wait until closer to the end of the month in case they're trying to meet a quota? Again, this is 2018 BMW X1 sDrive for 36 mos / 10k miles 

Base MF is .00166, so they are marking up the MF the max allowed.

Big discount and marked up MF, or smaller discount and base MF - your choice, unless you can find a dealer willing to give you both.

You can continue searching, or hold out for the base MF. Yes, end of the month is a good time to be aggressive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

morgs2323 said:

Michaell said:

• 2018 BMW X1 sDrive

Thank you!!

Big discount and marked up MF, or smaller discount and base MF - your choice, unless you can find a dealer willing to give you both.

You can continue searching, or hold out for the base MF. Yes, end of the month is a good time to be aggressive.

Hi Michaell,

Do you mind sharing more details about how BMW incentives work? I believe I qualify for $1.5k lease credit, $1k loyalty and $500 corporate discount. How do these incentives impact the dealer's profit margin on the vehicle? Is it accurate that a "good" deal is a 7% discount to MSRP before these incentives?

In the last lease quote I posted, the dealer is offering a $2.5k rebate. To figure out how much the dealer is discounting the MSRP before incentives, is it accurate to add the $2.5k rebate to the initial cap cost of $33,751.to get $36,251, which is a ~4.5% discount from MSRP?

Thanks!
  • Options
    morgs2323 said:

Michaell said:

morgs2323 said:

Michaell said:

• 2018 BMW X1 sDrive

Thank you!!

Hi Michaell,

Do you mind sharing more details about how BMW incentives work? I believe I qualify for $1.5k lease credit, $1k loyalty and $500 corporate discount. How do these incentives impact the dealer's profit margin on the vehicle? Is it accurate that a "good" deal is a 7% discount to MSRP before these incentives?

In the last lease quote I posted, the dealer is offering a $2.5k rebate. To figure out how much the dealer is discounting the MSRP before incentives, is it accurate to add the $2.5k rebate to the initial cap cost of $33,751.to get $36,251, which is a ~4.5% discount from MSRP?

Thanks!

The value of item (8) is the discounted price, before incentive - just over 11%, which is very strong. The adjusted cap cost is that price less the remainder of the rebate after the acquisition fee is taken out.

The other incentives should be subtracted from line (8), as well.

The incentives come from BMW, and don't affect the dealer profit at all.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ajchap1ajchap1 Member Posts: 10
    Annoying forum newbie in a panic...

My current 328ix lease is up June 30th. It was a 36/15 at about $480/mo. I’m way under mileage, so planning on a 36/12 this time around. I was thinking X3 or X1, but I think X1 payment may be more my speed.

I did max msd on my current lease. I can use msd again for a new lease, correct? Is it still seven or is the max now five?

What incentives are available to me? Loyalty 1k and lease offer 1.5k?

Do you disclose msd usage or wait until you get their offer and then let them know?

I haven’t been through a bmw lease return before. Does this happen on the same day as new car pickup?

Is 7% off MSRP a good rule of thumb or can I be more aggressive at month end?

I would rather put a sharp stick in my eye than deal with another stressful lease negotiation and will time running out...I feel sick.

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated and may just save my ulcers from bleeding.
  • Options
    ajchap1 said:

My current 328ix lease is up June 30th. It was a 36/15 at about $480/mo. I’m way under mileage, so planning on a 36/12 this time around. I was thinking X3 or X1, but I think X1 payment may be more my speed.

I did max msd on my current lease. I can use msd again for a new lease, correct? Is it still seven or is the max now five?

Do you disclose msd usage or wait until you get their offer and then let them know?

I haven’t been through a bmw lease return before. Does this happen on the same day as new car pickup?

I would rather put a sharp stick in my eye than deal with another stressful lease negotiation and will time running out...I feel sick.

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated and may just save my ulcers from bleeding.

What ZIP code is this? Incentives are regional.

.00166 and 58% for 36/12

If you have MSDs on your current lease, you can carry them over. However, the parameters have changed - max 5 allowed, each of which deduct .00005 from the MF.

Yes, 7% off MSRP, before incentives, is a good target.

Just do your research - we're here to help - and you'll get the confidence to walk into the dealership with the knowledge to negotiate a deal you'll be happy with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    looking4aleaselooking4alease Member Posts: 1
    Hi @Michaell, hoping you can help me figure out if the lease I'm looking at is a decent deal in California (7.5% sales tax):

**MSRP: $38,245
    **Discounts: $5,589
    **Selling Price: $32,656
    **Manufacturer’s rebate: $1,500 (offer says adjusted cap cost is based on selling price + $925 acquisition fee and does not include rebate)
    **Residual : $22,565
    **Monthly Payment: $372 incl. taxes - the note says taxes are $29 of the monthly payment but that seems like more than 7.5% so not quite sure how that works
    **Down Payment: $1,500 (1st month's payment, registration + fees, tax, and $400 cap reduction)
    **Months: 36
    **Annual Mileage: 30k total, 10k per year
  • Options

Hi @Michaell, hoping you can help me figure out if the lease I'm looking at is a decent deal in California (7.5% sales tax):

**MSRP: $38,245
    **Discounts: $5,589
    **Selling Price: $32,656
    **Manufacturer’s rebate: $1,500 (offer says adjusted cap cost is based on selling price + $925 acquisition fee and does not include rebate)
    **Residual : $22,565
    **Monthly Payment: $372 incl. taxes - the note says taxes are $29 of the monthly payment but that seems like more than 7.5% so not quite sure how that works
    **Down Payment: $1,500 (1st month's payment, registration + fees, tax, and $400 cap reduction)
    **Months: 36
    **Annual Mileage: 30k total, 10k per year

.00166 and 59%

Cap cost would have to be around $31,750 for that payment, with tax.

If we subtract the $1500 incentive and the $400 cap reduction from the selling price, that gives us $30,756, meaning about $1000 has been added in. And, the bank fee is $925, so that about does it.

Looks like a pretty good deal, from here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

ajchap1 said:

.00166 and 58% for 36/12

If you have MSDs on your current lease, you can carry them over. However, the parameters have changed - max 5 allowed, each of which deduct .00005 from the MF.

Just do your research - we're here to help - and you'll get the confidence to walk into the dealership with the knowledge to negotiate a deal you'll be happy with.
    Zip 48430
  • Options
    ajchap1 said:

Michaell said:

ajchap1 said:

.00166 and 58% for 36/12

Zip 48430
    $1500 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    joephoenixjoephoenix Member Posts: 1
    @Michaell I'm a newbie to this forum and trying to negotiate my wife's lease on a new X1. She is a returning BMW customer and this is what they offered her:

We are in Los Angeles, California, by the way. Lease terms: 36 mos / 10k miles

MSRP: $44,045
    Selling Price: $40,696.61
    Residual: 59% ($25,986.55)
    Money Factor: .00166
    Total CapReduction: $3085.30
    Adjusted CapCost: $38,536.31

Down Payment (including first month, taxes, driveoffs): $2000
    Monthly Payment (including taxes): $499.00

Does this seem like a good deal or where do you think the wiggle room could be? Any advice here would be fantastic. Thanks!
  • Options

@Michaell I'm a newbie to this forum and trying to negotiate my wife's lease on a new X1. She is a returning BMW customer and this is what they offered her:

We are in Los Angeles, California, by the way. Lease terms: 36 mos / 10k miles

MSRP: $44,045
    Selling Price: $40,696.61
    Residual: 59% ($25,986.55)
    Money Factor: .00166
    Total CapReduction: $3085.30
    Adjusted CapCost: $38,536.31

Down Payment (including first month, taxes, driveoffs): $2000
    Monthly Payment (including taxes): $499.00

Does this seem like a good deal or where do you think the wiggle room could be? Any advice here would be fantastic. Thanks!

.00166 and 59% are the correct numbers.

Don't you find it interesting that the dealer put a quote together that results in a payment of just under $500? And that you have to come up with $2000 cash to do so?

If the tax rate is 9.5%, the numbers are spot on.

You are getting 7.6% off MSRP, which is good. And the base MF, which is also good.

Really, not much to complain about this quote. I suppose you could push for more discount from sticker, but that will save you about $15/mo per $500 saved.

Just not a great program, is all. Nothing you can do about that, or the tax rate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Just not a great program, is all. Nothing you can do about that, or the tax rate.

Just curious, when you say it's not a good program, you mean because of the MF and residual value? When I leased my current BMW, the MF was much lower. On the other hand, there wasn't a $2500 rebate...I wonder how much the rebate offsets the MF.
  • Options

Michaell said:

Just curious, when you say it's not a good program, you mean because of the MF and residual value? When I leased my current BMW, the MF was much lower. On the other hand, there wasn't a $2500 rebate...I wonder how much the rebate offsets the MF.
    That's exactly what he means..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

But from a financial standpoint, do you think $2500 in rebates offsets the fact that it's "not a great program"?

When the 2019's come out, is it expected that the RV will go up? And I'm assuming there is no way to know what will happen in July (to MF or the rebates...I'm sure the RV won't go up).
  • Options

kyfdx said:

But from a financial standpoint, do you think $2500 in rebates offsets the fact that it's "not a great program"?

When the 2019's come out, is it expected that the RV will go up? And I'm assuming there is no way to know what will happen in July (to MF or the rebates...I'm sure the RV won't go up).
    In part, yes.

You are correct - no predictions on what will happen to the numbers in July.

Generally, residuals are highest at the beginning of the model year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

ajchap1 said:

Michaell said:

ajchap1 said:

.00166 and 58% for 36/12

$1500 lease credit
    Do I qualify for the additional $1000 lease loyalty for a total of $2500 in incentives as I am currently leasing through BMWFS?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Just wondering, what’s the best way to get an actual lease quote online? I keep getting the run around of schedule a test drive and come on in. I’m not going to drive all over the state without knowing if they are willing to put down some numbers. With my lease up on the 30th I don’t have time to “visit” all these dealers. Advise please?
  • Options
    ajchap1 said:

Just wondering, what’s the best way to get an actual lease quote online? I keep getting the run around of schedule a test drive and come on in. I’m not going to drive all over the state without knowing if they are willing to put down some numbers. With my lease up on the 30th I don’t have time to “visit” all these dealers. Advise please?

Look at it from the dealers point of view. What do they get by giving you quote on-line, that you can then shop to other dealers?

Stalemate.

Some dealers embrace the 21st century, and understand the power of the internet. But, those dealers are few and far between.

Sometimes its best to show up with checkbook in hand, to show how serious you are.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jj98404jj98404 Member Posts: 9
    May have the MF/RV for 2018 BMW X1 xDrive 28i Washington - 15k/36months - 98422
  • Options
    jj98404 said:

May have the MF/RV for 2018 BMW X1 xDrive 28i Washington - 15k/36months - 98422

.00166 and 56%
    $1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ajchap1 said:

Michaell said:

ajchap1 said:

Michaell said:

ajchap1 said:

.00166 and 58% for 36/12

$1500 lease credit
    Do I qualify for the additional $1000 lease loyalty for a total of $2500 in incentives as I am currently leasing through BMWFS?

Yes, you should qualify for loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    carobsessedcarobsessed Member Posts: 47
    MF, Residual for 24/12 and 36/12 for 2018 X1 xDrive28i in 97086 please :smile:

Thanks in advance!
  • Options

MF, Residual for 24/12 and 36/12 for 2018 X1 xDrive28i in 97086 please :smile:

Thanks in advance!

.00166 and 64% / 58%
    $1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I have now had 2 cars get sold out from under me (partly because I'm helping my mom, and she's slow to make decisions!) So I'm hoping this is the final deal, and would appreciate it if you could please review. Thanks!

MSRP: $40,895
    Selling Price: $35,783
    $2500 in rebates used for DMV, 1st payment, and the balance to cap reduction
    Zero drive off

• Options

I have now had 2 cars get sold out from under me (partly because I'm helping my mom, and she's slow to make decisions!) So I'm hoping this is the final deal, and would appreciate it if you could please review. Thanks!

MSRP: $40,895
    Selling Price: $35,783
    $2500 in rebates used for DMV, 1st payment, and the balance to cap reduction
    Zero drive off

36/10, right?
    Looks really good.

$1335.33 CCR
    $525 DMV
    $7 tire fee
    $442.98 1st payment
    = $2310.31

That's $190 short of the $2500.
    Tax on the $2500 rebate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Yes, 36/10.

Hmm...I don't know. I have an updated screen, as he used the wrong tax rate at first. So now if I add up the numbers, it's $211 short of the $2500. That would be 8.4%, and our tax rate is 9.5%.

So do you suggest I ask him about the missing $211? And otherwise, it looks good?

Thanks!
  • Options
    $1304.32 CCR
    $123.91 CALIFORNIA TAX ON CCR
    $451.17 FIRST PAYMENT
    $526.00 DMV
    $7.60 CALIFORNIA USE TAX
    $80.00 DOC FEES
    $7.00 CALIFORNIA TIRE FEE
    TOTAL $ 2500.00
  • Options

$1304.32 CCR
    $123.91 CALIFORNIA TAX ON CCR
    $451.17 FIRST PAYMENT
    $526.00 DMV
    $7.60 CALIFORNIA USE TAX
    $80.00 DOC FEES
    $7.00 CALIFORNIA TIRE FEE
    TOTAL $ 2500.00

Well.. there you go.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator