Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wsurfwsurf Member Posts: 15
    I am also looking at the Sienna (vs Odyssey) with leather. I realize that the XLE is probably the minimum requirement. This does not mean that i have to get the moon roof option does it?? To get leather on the Odyssey, you have to get the EX-L which also means getting the moon roof (which i do NOT want!).
    thanks
  • malonimaloni Member Posts: 9
    If you don't want the moonroof and can live without the auto open and close hitch I think you can get the LE and add leather for about $27-28K (at least where I am). I got a quote yesterday on a 7 passenger LE package 3 (with Stability control) and leather for $26,700). Although the Sienna may take a little more work I think it will come in about $2k less than what I could get the Odyssey EX-L.
  • jbug2jbug2 Member Posts: 7
    where are you getting your toyota quote from? how?
    Emailed local dealers. Quote is below but have not got a drive out quote. Dealer is Cramer Toyota in Venice Florida.

Sienna Van LE with Package 3 and Leather Seats would be $26,869.80
  • cornucopiacornucopia Member Posts: 23
    Does this price include the current $1250 rebate? Leather is not an available option for the LE, how will the dealer add this on the LE?
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Thanks very much for responding. I haven't heard from the dealer yet. I'll shoot him an email and see what he knows. A while ago he told me to expect the car second or third week of April. Hopefully it will be sooner. This car is a "locate" - was originally going to another dealer but he told me some time ago that he was going to get it for me. Hope that doesn't delay the process.
    Not sure if it includes the rebate...trying to find out. The leather would be installed at the dealer. From what I hear its about $1700 and that is included in the quote I got.
    Not sure...finding out. The leather would be installed by the dealer and I think its about $1700 (included in quote).
    Tell them you are shopping around. Get the name of the salesperson you speak with and his/her number and tell him/her that you'll call back and ask for them if you decide to do business there. Do not buy a payment - watch out if someone asks you how much you want your monthly payment to be before they discuss the selling price of the car.
    Yes it does include the rebate.
    In your quote that you listed ($26,700) for the Sienna LE with Leather & package 3, was this price before taxes and TTL?? Or did it include those??
    thanks
  • tx_icetx_ice Member Posts: 22
    Just got a quote for $22K even on 2007 CE 8 passenger with CE Package #1 and Carpet Mats. This includes the $1250 rebate.

KBB invoice price is $23.1K and dealer adds $700 in advertising fee (it is on all Gulf Coast invoices) for $23.8K dealer invoice price.

Does this sound like a good price?
    Yes...before taxes and TTL. I've gotten 3 drive out quotes on an 8 passenger LE, package 3, with leather. They are between 29.3 and 29.8K and include the $1500 dollar rebate. The all come with the ToyoGuard. Does anybody know if I really need that? From what I understand, in Florida it is already installed in 99% of the Siennas?
    no, i have a friend that just paid $19,000 for one. i have seen them advertised for $20. you should not pay their fees like that, call around.
  • tx_icetx_ice Member Posts: 22
    Where can you get the CE for $19K? It is worth it to travel for $3K savings if other dealers cannot offer me that low price.

I have seen them advertised for $21K base CE in our local papers in Houston but those have no options.
    hi, i just bought a limited with packages 1 and 4 and premium packages (just no navigation, but everything else) for $34,600.00 (MSRP $39,400). I did not take the $1250 cash back because I could save more with the 0% financing. Anyway, the cost 34,500 is without TTL. Hope I got a good deal, but I feel like I did.
    Jennifer
    Philadelphia, PA
    My parents live in CA (orange county) and I saw them advertised for that much. I would look on the internet and call some places that do a really HIGH volume of cars (in your state and states around you) and just call them and ask if they can go below -- ???? a certain price (like $20,500 or something). See what they say.
  • mtnwestsiennamtnwestsienna Member Posts: 9
    The price of $34,600.00 before TTL for a XLE Limited with all the bells/whistles EXCEPT Navigation is a great price if indeed you have everything but Navigation. MSRP for a 'pimped' ;-) out XLE Limited with EVERYTHING (located in the Mountain West area) that we have seen so far is $43k & change.

Our experience so far -> we have visited a number of dealerships and the sticker/MSRP of $43k seems to be standard for the top of the line XLE Limited. FYI - this is the model with Navigation, camera on the back bumper, laser cruise control, DVD player, leather seats, dual climate control, leather/wood steering wheel, alloy wheels, extra outlets, AWD, 2 seat memories for different drivers.. This is the highest end XLE Limited available and we have seen quite a few with $43,XXX MSRP.

So, if that is the XLE Limited (minus the navigation) you purchased for $34,600 + TTL, then I am jealous. Here is to hoping we can talk someone down as much off the MSRP as you did.

/P
    Mountain West (we're in research mode still and if dealers read this website I don't really feel like showing my hand yet by being too specific. We plan on using this forum among other sources to get the best value when we make an offer on an XLE)
    The way I understand Toyota's option packages is that NAV is only available as part of pkg #2 on an AWD or package #3 on FWD. Based on that, if the car doesn't have NAV it also doesn't have some other options, such as JBL and rear seat DVD.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    For a CE sounds good for the DC area. fitmall.com has them started just over that (including freight).

If you see a quote that's much lower, check to see if they later add freight, fees, etc.
    Hi,
    We chose not to add the AWD and the navigation (that package also came with backup camera, bluetooth and powerfolding rear seats). We do have EVERYTHING else it offers though. I am going to get a seperate Nav system. It just didn't seam worth the extra -$4,000 for the rest. We don't really need all wheel drive here in the philly area (sometimes but not always). So, we did talk them down that much and they were happy to sell what was on their lot. Should check them out, maybe you could use them in some way for negotiating. TEAM toyota in langhorne, pa
    Good luck...
  • rockymtnmamarockymtnmama Member Posts: 2
    We have contacted 4 dealerships today, and everyone seems to be offering the exact same deal. It is their invoice, $1,200 cash back or special financing rates, and then fees.

Is that a good deal? It seems like there are reports here of going well below invoice. But at the same time, these quotes are well below what Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds TMV, or Consumer Reports says to expect to pay. It is even slightly below the price that CR says to START negotiating at! One place has even let it be known that they are willing to bargain a little further.

I've been shocked at the fees (over $1,500 total), but every place is charging exactly the same, so we think they are all legit. We've verified the major fees. There was one dealership that quoted $400 in extra fees, so we will not be dealing any further with them.

These seem to be the standard fees (I am in Colorado).

Destination Charge $ 645.00

TDA $ 562.00

Gasoline $ 10.00

Dealer Holdback $ 516.00

Whsl. Financial Reserve $ 258.00
    I'm in NY and I've never heard of TDA or Whsl Financial Reserve? What are they? I was under the impression that Dealer Holdback is money that the dealer got from Toyota when they sold the car, not something the consumer would pay.
  • rockymtnmamarockymtnmama Member Posts: 2
    The TDA is the advertising fee, which I expected after reading the Edmunds article on fees. It was higher than I expected, but it was identical from 4 different dealerships.

The Whsl Financial Reserve is what they get charged by Toyota for holding the vehicle on the lot. And I thought the Dealer Holdback was negotiable too, but dh seems to think this is an ok charge.
    Thanks - good to know.

We're trying to determine what a realistic offer should be below MSRP. I agree about it not being worth an extra $4k for navigation, backup camera & powerfolding rear seats. It seems to appeal to the technnically superior but not very useful side of me - which unfortunately I can be a sucker for. Do I really need a camera when I am backing up (especially when it distorts how far things are from you).

I'm also not a fan of the cost of replacing run-flat tires in the XLE given the experience of some other forum members being charged $300+ per tire to replace.

Anyway, thanks again for the info, it will be useful as we negotiate. Fingers crossed.

/P
  • mbo1mbo1 Member Posts: 2
    TDA is advertising which I understand Toyota pays the dealer that $$.
    Here in Chicago TDA was $500 and Holdback was $750 another fee that we shouldn't be paying for.
  • mbo1mbo1 Member Posts: 2
    sure looks like invoice price. you should be able to get taht at any dealer without much effort.
    I think NAV is exceptionally useful to have. We have a stand-alone which has really come in handy on a number of occasions, even locally. As well, some of the radio functions are integrated with the built in NAV. Also, having owned two minivans before, it's sometimes difficult to see everthing clearly when backing up so the camera is a good thing to have as well. Still, each person has to make their own judgements and decisions.
  • anchor13anchor13 Member Posts: 13
    have to give you my input...

got the AWD XLE Limited with all bells & whistles... everything on the van works very well...

the back up camera is extemely useful... it doesn't distort that much and you know when you are too close...

the laser cruise control does work... and the sonar radar is pretty cool... helps when parking... beeps when you get too close... one long beep when you are alnmost touching...

the NAV is great! the only thing that scares me is the price of a run-flat tires...
    The XLE has this security system with engine immobilizer, while the LE just has engine immobilizer. Can someone explain the specifics of the XLE's security system?? Anyone else with experience on the insurance benefits of having this feature (vs not having it)?? I guess that you can still tell your ins agent that you have engine immobilizer - whatever theft protection that provides.
  • mcjazzzymcjazzzy Member Posts: 62
    I have an 06 LTD AWD, I mistakenly hit a button on my Navi and was able to view a DVD movie on the Navi screen (while in park only) and now I can't get it back..does anyone know how? THanks.
  • cheffercheffer Member Posts: 2
    we're using the fax attack to contact dealerships within two hours to get the best price on a 07 sienna le. my question is should we mention our trade-ins? we have a 99 saturn sw (paid for) and a 00 dodge caravan (still owe $2K, ouch, and it has tranny problems). what's the best way to handle this? is it wrong to get the best price in writing and then drive to the dealership and spring two trades on them? do we risk queering the deal the day of pick-up? any advice on how you all would handle it would be much appreciated!
    thanks...
    Dealers generally make a lot more money selling used cars they've taken in trade than they do selling new cars. If you "spring" trades on them there's nothing that says they have to take them. What would you do if they offered you $100 each? Would you walk away from the deal?

In NY they can't change the selling price of the new car if you decide at the last minute not to do a trade in. I personally would mention the trades up front and see what they offer you. You can then decide if you want to sell them privately or not.
  • caravan2caravan2 Member Posts: 198
    Would you mind sharing more details how you're doing this, i.e. what are you asking on the fax? Are you asking them to fax you back the quote etc..
    Go to real-world trade-in values to get an estimate on what the cars may be worth at that dealer.

You might be upside down on a loan and may have to pay them to take it off your hands. I'm sure the van is worth more than $2k but it depends on the cost of that tranny fix.
  • cheffercheffer Member Posts: 2
    Hi-
    Yes, we're asking for quotes from up to 15 different dealers. We did this in the past and had great success, but we didn't have trades last time around. Would we walk away fromt eh deal if they didn't give us a decent price on the trade-ins? Yes! If a dealer says they can't give me a selling price until they see the trade-ins what's that all about? It shouldn't matter right? Or, do they adjust their price according to what we tarde-in? Very confusing.
    What do you write asking for the quote? Do you ask for specific model or just ask for price compared to invoice?
    Hi,

We're seeking advice on a realistic price we would pay for a used 2006 XLE Limited with just under 20,000 miles. Stats are:

-06 XLE Limited w/option #3
    -DVD player, heated seats, navigation system, backup camera, parking sonar, power 3rd row seats, sun/moon roof, two 115V outlets, 2 wireless headsets
    -1 owner, Carfax looks ok
    -Listed price is $30,XXX

We have looked at Kelly Blue Book but the "retail value" price seems pretty high and the only listing is for a car in "excellent" condition which only 5% of cars qualify for (and in our opinion this car is not in excellent condition)

The debate is, do we offer and buy at the $26k-ish range or do we just wait and buy new? :confuse:

We haven't seen many other used '06 XLEs at this point so that is also a factor.
    Yes, they will adjust their selling price based on your trade in. They shouldn't, but they do. Tell them to give you a selling price without the trade in, and once you have that, introduce the trade in. If a dealer won't do that, you might want to do business elsewhere.
    Just got the car last night. What a beauty!

MSRP 44084, sale price 40165. Includes spoiler, preferred accessory, packages #2 and #4, artic frost pearl paint. Bought extended warranty (5/60) for 795 and Toyotacare maintenance for 995.
    Congrats. You got just about everything possible, right?
    did you buy two warranties: 795+995=$1,790.... if so, why you need two?
    The 2nd number is for pre-paid maintenance. Oil changes, tire rotations, 30k service, etc.

Last time I bought a car my dealer offered something similar.
    Correct, the second is for scheduled maintenance which when a car is under warranty I will always have done at the dealer. The extended warranty for 5/60 is the "platinum" with no deductible which I thought for $795 was a bargain. I thought the maintenance plan was a very fair price as well.

The car is georgeous, and I'm sure it will serve us well.
    You know what? With all those gadets (DVD, GPS, power doors and tailgate, etc.) the warranty is probably a great idea. There are SO many things that could break, and even some of those seemingly small things could cost a bunch to fix.
    Virtually everything possible. Didn't get and didn't want the power folding third row seat. I wouldn't have gone for the spoiler but it was on there and this car was tough enough to come by so we decided to bit the bullet and take it. Believe it or not, Toyota is not currently shipping cars with package #4 to the NY region the dealer had to swap with a dealer in Pa, who was himself waiting for the car to be built and shipped. Well worth the wait.
    They make those, too? Wow. :surprise:

IMO Toyota should just have made the Limited models a Lexus. :shades:
    Yup, another thing that went into the thought process. Can you imagine what it would cost to replace that nav screen, for example?
    One arm, one leg. :D
  • anchor13anchor13 Member Posts: 13
    IT'S A BEAUTIFUL MACHINE, ISN'T IT?

WHAT A RIDE...