Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 6thstreet6thstreet Member Posts: 10
    I'm pricing in Houston as well, and have got 39.6 on the base. I have 39.4 in Dallas. Haven't gotten tech pricing yet, but will update when I receive it.
  • bestdealsbestdeals Member Posts: 11
    does anyone know if I buy a MDX with Tech Pkg and install after market RES, would it void the manufacture warranty in anyway (or extended Care warranty )
  • matsvmatsv Member Posts: 4
    A Dealer in boston is offering $44900 for 2011 acura mdx with tech and ent pkg with 3 year/30000 miles of free maintenance service, other is offering $44690 for same car with 1st service free + free state inspection ($29/year) as long as I own the car.

I plan to add the Advance Running Boards + Protection Pkg 1 after this price. Will be paying 6.25% tax + $299 Doc Fee + $125 for Title/Registration.

Any suggestions, thoughts?
    Thanks.
    MATSV
  • phamcvphamcv Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Houston too, and I'm curious to know what the deal is with the Tech Pkg. I'm not ready to make a purchase until late Summer.
  • optimist2optimist2 Member Posts: 15
    Any one knows if there has been any study or survey about the usefulness of the collision system of the advance version? My question is whether it is a silly system that tells you "car ahead 100 yards" well. ok.

My wife once had an accident and we are trying to figure out whether--if it really does what it is supposed to do--it is worth spending 5k on it. It may be if the system is really useful.
  • jthakusjthakus Member Posts: 13
    I have been offered MDX Base for $40,800 OTD.
    Is this a good price?
    I will appreciate feedback.
    JT
    Cannot really evaluate OTD offers because everyone's TTL will be a little different. What was your before TTL price?
    The price quoted was $38,900 including $860 destination charge with 3% TTL.
    I will appreciate your response.
    That is a strong offer. I've been pricing the MDX base in Texas, and after emailing/phoning back and forth all over the 4 major cities, I'm currently at 39k even + TTL.

I'm sure there are regional pricing adjustments, so you will need local/regional data points to determine whether you could do better.
    Thanks 6th street. I am new here.
    Could you tell me how best to find out the regional offers?
    Thanks in advance.
    Probably the best way to find that is to read the last 15 or so pages of this thread and look at other Acura forums on the web.

You can also use websites like truecar, but I find their data to be way off base in regards to the MDX. You can get truecar "great" pricing very easily, and beat it with little effort. You'll definitely leave money on the table using truecar.

But the offer you have is already better than mine, and I would imagine it hard to beat. I've read that the pricing is most aggressive on the east coast down to VA, and also equally as good in Southern California. Aside from that, pricing seems consistent across major metros in the US.
  • anouanou Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2011
    Including destination, floor mats, cargo mat, and wheel lock, the best price I've received is $42,700.

The frustrating thing is people in L.A. or N.Y. are getting $41,800 for the same car. Kind of tempted to fly down to L.A. to pick one up.
  • matth2matth2 Member Posts: 12
    Indeed, 51500plus ttl
  • jcon4jcon4 Member Posts: 4
    Can I ask what dealerships you got the offers from? I am in MA and will be going next weekend to negotiate a deal.
  • pacarguypacarguy Member Posts: 2
    Got the following pricing and lease options for a MDX Tech+Entertainment:
    Buy Out Price: $ 44500 (includes Dest)
    Lease: $ 264 upfront (First month tax+Registration), 592+53 (PA Taxes) p.m. for 35 Months.

Any comments on pricing? Thanks.
  • scpowscpow Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone out there heard of a good price and what dealer?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • nymdxtechnymdxtech Member Posts: 1
    I've lurked for a long time before finally buying an MDX this week. This forum was very helpful with price discovery. I got an MDX Tech for $42,586 (this included destination) + TTL and accessories. Very happy with the vehicle and content with the process. Bought from Curry Acura in Scarsdale, NY. Breakdown below, rec’d 1.9% financing for 60 months:

MDX Tech – $42,586
    Accessories – $1,050 ( Advance Running Boards, All Season Mats, Cargo Cover )
    NYS Waste Tire Fee – $12.50
    NYS Inspection / Gas Fee – $10
    Dealers Fee – $75
    License & Title – $65
    Taxes – $2,923.16
    Total OTD – $46,721.66

Any questions, happy to answer.
  • joe_smithsjoe_smiths Member Posts: 3
    I am from northern cal and just bought a 2011
    MDX tech/ent package for $44,200 including destination charge plus TTL. I added sport running boards, silver roof rails and crossbars, protective package 1. Total came out $45,975 before TTL. I know it is not a great deal but it is the lowest i could get from 4 dearlerships around where i live (sacramrnto)
    Even though i am not in CT but rather in northern cali. I just bought a 2011 mdx tech/ent with sport running boards, silver roof rails and cross bars, protective pkg 1 for $45,975 (des. included) plus TTL. $44.2k for the mdx, $1,775 for the accessories. Hope this help in your car hunt
  • vincentbayuvincentbayu Member Posts: 13
    Which nor cal dealership offers $44,200 for a tech/ent package? Thanks!
  • kly725kly725 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm in the market for a MDX w/ Tech pack..

Located in the Chicago area..

Ready to buy but not in a true rush..

Any recommended dealers.. w/ actually price paid will be appreciated..

Thanks

Kevin
    kly725@gmail.com
    Hi, i got it from Niello acura in sacramento (80 east, madison exit). Approximately 5 mins from downtown sacramento. I also got three other quotes from acura ( concord, stockton, elk grove) and they told me the price was unrealistic and i swear i heard them laughing at me when i told them the price. The internet sale/consultant guy was gracious, honest and was very helpful. They got two more 2011 tech/ent coming from canada so you cpuld even have a better deal than mine
    Acura of Auburn/MA & Herb Connolly Acura,Framingham,MA

Herb Connolly offered the 3yr/30000 miles free maintenance. Per Acura websire, mdx does not need any scheduled maintenance until 100,000 miles. So, I am not sure how much this pkg is truly worth.

MSTSV
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    I understand the tap dance Concord Acura gave you as they tried that on me when I purchased an RL from them in 08. They tried to give us thee low blue bk on our trade in and tried to sell us the Rl full bore at 52k loaded.

A good friend of mine who died years ago was a dealer that sold BMWs and he told me that they have about 18-20 % gap between market price and wholesale price. I have never forgot that and it still works today.

Back to the Acura purchase. We got tired of the run around and we got up to leave and suddenly they changed their offer for trade in adding up to high bb and I told them I would pay $ 42500 plus tax. Thye sold it at our price.

I will in the future when I purchased another Acura do the same thing. Research what I want, drive the car, and finally discount the sticker price by 18-20 %.

Good luck to all and I hope all not only get good deals but also an excellent day.

jensad :):D
  • terilynn1terilynn1 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to the blogging on this sight I was able to purchase my 2011 Acura MDX with the Tech package at the best price that I found anywhere...Glendale Acura (internet/fleet dept).
    Aspen White/Taupe 42,500.00 (dest charge included.) Super nice and efficient there.
    Easy transaction and highly recommended.
  • luv2huntluv2hunt Member Posts: 2
    Just ended up getting the 2011 mdx w/tech & entertainment packages for $43,500 plus ttl at radley Acura falls church,va. OTD was $45,387
    I am interested in the Base MDX only.
    However I think this might be the best OTD for Tech/Ent I have seen on this board.

Has anyone recently bought a MDX base on the Eastern shore? I will appreciate the cost breakdown.
    Thanks
    JT
  • kweepakweepa Member Posts: 1
    Hmm just started researching for buying a new car. Found a lot of helpful information on this board.. thanks to all of you.. went into dealerships today primarily looking at the MDX and the CX-9 from mazda... the mdx drives so much better.. makes me want it so much more but 10k extra pricetag isn't something to scoff at.

Offered 42K for 2011 MDX with tech package and i think a 2008mdx with only 20k miles for 31k.
    are those good offers? Are there any incentives recently to take advantage of? would appreciate some help..Thanks in advance

currently driving a 98 ML320 that's more or less run it's course as the repair bills are starting to amount to more than the car is worth
  • acurakacurak Member Posts: 2
    in VA, best price I get for a base is 38900 (including destination charge) + TTL, still waiting.

tax is 3.17% of sale price in VA (3% in MD), title/registration is around $90, there's a processing fee if you buy from a VA dealer, which is around $400, not sure why, it seems dealer in MD don't charge this, it's a VA only thing.
  • shooper1shooper1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am talking to a couple of dealers on the base MDX at $39500 including destination fee. How does this compare to prices previously discussed in the state of MA? Thanks!
  • bwm1bwm1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 MDX with the sport package and it's time to upgrade to 2011, but don't see anyone posting here who has purchased the 2011 with the Advance package. Is it the price differential, or another reason why people are limiting to the Tech and Ent packages?
  • mdx_basemdx_base Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying an MDX Base. I live in Ohio but can travel if required. Would you mind sharing the dealerships from which you have received the best offers and the amounts of those offers? Thank you very much for your help.
  • mrenadette1mrenadette1 Member Posts: 15
    Anyone have experience buying a CPO MDX from Paragon on Long Island? Their on-line prices look very attractive. I have to fly through LaGuardia this week and was considering flights with a long lay-over so I could go see if I could find something I wanted to buy. I don't want to waste my time if their prices are bait and switch. Searching on the web I see a lot good comments and a lot of bad comments. You see that with most dealers though. Thanks for your help.
    This is not a first hand account, but my uncle just bought a 2008 CPO MDX from them about a month ago and he said there was no funny business. The car was as advertised and no bait and switch. He was only able to negotiate a several hundred $s of asking, though.
  • chitownshoprchitownshopr Member Posts: 3
    Bought 2011 mdx w/ tech & ent for base of $43.6. Added complete roof rack (side and cross), the aftermkt remote start, all season mats, cargo try & net, molding and hitch (hitch only not tow package) for additional $2587.
  • rocketfan1rocketfan1 Member Posts: 2
    Looks to be a good price. Did the $43.6 price include destination & handling? Currently in Houston, I am getting $44.8 as the price for Tech\Ent. Care to provide the dealer that you bought from? Thanks.
  • rocketfan1rocketfan1 Member Posts: 2
    Did the $43.5 include destination & handling? I am getting a quote from Radley but I noticed that they did not include the D&H in their quote.
    On my lease contract on a recent purchase of Acura MDX, the gross cap. cost was $7,080 more than the agreed upon price of the vehicle. I know that I am paying taxes on the portion of the vehicle that I use but this is in excess of the IL tax rate for my county. Is this an error or did I get taken?? What am I missing?
    No that was w/out tax, title and destination
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Illinois charges tax on the full selling price of the vehicle (not just the portion that you use).
    Acura Finance charges an acquisition fee on every lease ($595?)

I'd ask them to break down the Gross CAP... There may be additions you didn't agree to... Did you trade in a car that you were upside down on? $7k extra sounds like a lot, unless you are in the city of Chicago...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• scpowscpow Member Posts: 9
    Yesterday, I spoke to dealer in CT. He said that he could offer me 45.5 plus dest and TTL. They said that this was the best they could do.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Not sure othe best the price, but the best way to check is to shop around. I live in Stamford & service my wife's 2010 TSX at Acura of Westchester (Larchmont, NY), so try there as well as DEVAN Acura of Norwalk. They both gave me good prices when I was shopping back in August 2009. I ended up not buying from either because neither was a cash for clunkers dealer. Good luck & keep us posted.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Multiple dealers in MA are offering tech/ent for $44900 INCLUDING dest charges. Not sure where you are located in CT, Acura of Auburn is an option for you, not very far from the MA/CT border.
  • ctmdx7ctmdx7 Member Posts: 6
    I bought MDX tech/ent from Greenwich Acura on Saturday. Price was 46300 (including Advanced Running board+Roof Rails and all season met). 179 Doc fee+ttl.
    Not a great deal but this was best I got in Connecticut.
    I worked with Brian not a pushy sales man.
    Good luck
    forget to mention 46300 includes destination charges
    Both Greenwich and Devan Acura offers lifetime free oil change.
    Last update :-) I got 1.9 % APR for 60 month from Acura financing.
  • jcon4jcon4 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have the March money factor and residual numbers on the MDX tech w/entertainment?
  • pawliepawlie Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2011 MDX advanced here in Northern Cali. I ended up paying $48.5 which includes destination and protection package. It does not include TT&L fees. I'm very happy with the purchase although I can see why most people are going for just the Tech package. The extras are nice but I probably could live without them. I've seen elsewhere on the forum quotes for lower by a couple of hundred for the advanced though.
  • glockfanglockfan Member Posts: 30
    bobcpa1,

can you provide the dealer name from where you purchased your MDX Tech for $41755? Thanks