Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• iamdouggieiamdouggie Member Posts: 2
    2014 MAZDA6 Grand Touring i Soul Red w/ Black Leather

I in the market for a new car and it seems like this one here has all the bells and whistles, but was wondering if I can get any input about the quote.

including that MRCC AND FOW PACKAGE. OTD = $32,580
  • iamdouggieiamdouggie Member Posts: 2
    I did some research but would like some feedback to see if this a good deal.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    My .02
    I never BUY a new car in its first model year. The complexity of these cars today does not exclude the possibility of "growing pains" in the first year. You might want to consider leasing it BUT the current Mazda Capital Services terms are not very good. When supplies are short, prices will not be good. If you can, I'd wait a few months to see if incentives pop up. GL
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    hi folks,went with my girlfriend this morning to check out a 2014 mazda 6 i-sport in auto.she's tradeing in her 2013 elantra against my advice because she simply loves the styling on the new mazda 6..msrp was $23,365.00 and included standard features with no options.she has more options in her elantra that the mazda 6 doesn't have such as illuminated window switches at night,lighted visor mirrors,sat radio,fog lights,slideing arm-rest,and illuminated ignition,and heated seats..but it's her money...anyway,quoted price from dealer on this car was $19,000.00 from msrp of $23,365.00...and they are giveing her $17,000.00 on her 2013 elantra which ain't bad from the $18,000.00 she paid for it last summer....she's going to take the usual day or two to think it over while iam going to continue to try and talk her out of it.....
  • trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    what are you smoking?
    Are you saying that for about 2k she can trade up from the elantra to the "6"; i don't think so.
    Post real deals, not bs crap. 19k for the new mazda 6 is a pipe dream...post the dealer name and location if you are serious
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Yeah, that Mazda dealer must have really wanted that Elantra bad! LOL.
    it's a done deal and she picks up the car tomorow..here are the details.....2014 mazda 6 I-sport with auto tranny and standard features..msrp is $23,365.00 and the final negotiated cash price(no finance) is $19600.00 plus 899.00 dealer fee and TTT...she's done alot of buisness with this dealership in the past..1 mazda protoge and 2 mazda 3's so thats why she got a good deal although i feel the dealer fee is a little high...trade-in for here 2013 elantra was $16,700.00..dealer is gunther mazda-kia-VW in ft.laud fla and the internet salesman she worked with was tony incase anyone is interested in a car...she gets 100 bucks for any sales made that she refers to them......
    plus 899.00 dealer fee

There's the rub. That's huge. Dealer fee in IL is limited by state law at $161 or something like that. Still a great deal though on a brand new car that has just hit the lots. Seems a shame though that Mazda is already discounting what appears to be a great car in just about all respects and a leader IMO in the midsize sedans at this point in time.
    we just got home from picking this new 2014 mazda 6 up from the dealer this morning.my G/F let me drove it home from the dealer before dropping me off at work.my initial impressions after driveing this car about 10 miles from the dealer to my work are as follows..this car handle's like it's on rails and there is plenty of power from the 184 hp engine.road noise on the highway this morning wasn't bad but i felt that the elantra she traded in was alot quieter.lots of room inside and the trunk is big enough...will give more updates as we progress with the car down the road....even though the new mazda 6 is a big improvement over the last version 6 i still don't feel that it will sell like it's competetion such as the camry,accord,fusion,malibu,ect..this is probably why we got a good deal.the salesman admited to us that his dealership sells way more mazda 3 than mazda 6 and they have a bunch of leftover 2013 mazda 6's sitting on the lot...i counted atleast 25 while walking around the lot....
    edited March 2013
    ....even though the new mazda 6 is a big improvement over the last version 6 i still don't feel that it will sell like it's competetion such as the camry,accord,fusion,malibu,ect.

Congrats on the car. I sat in one at the Chicago auto show and was impressed with the quality of the switches and dials(better than on my 2007), styling and specs.

Keep in mind that Mazda is 1/10th(that's a guess but probably close) the size company as Toyota and many of the rest you mention so nobody ever expects Mazda to be in that league of sales. Doesn't change the quality of the car, just means you see a few less. I look at it this way. If they were to suffer a major recall for some reason it would affect their bottom line to a greater degree than a much larger company. I like to think that they are more careful in their engineering and quality control to avoid such a disaster. Toyota can afford something like that, Mazda really would be hurting.

Yeah, the 3 is their bread and butter but the CX-5 has been selling like hot cakes and probably has a good profit margin like most Suvs/Cuvs which is good for Mazda. I still don't understand why I haven't seen any ads for the new 6. Maybe supply from Japan is in such short supply that they are afraid to advertise it much until they build up some inventory or get rid of the 2013s. Come to think of it that may be the main reason....old stock and maybe a lack of advertising money. They have to meter out the dollars a lot more judiciously than some of the bigger companies.

Good luck with your new zoom-zoom.
  • ncmazda6ncmazda6 Member Posts: 8
    Mazda said they will advertise the new cx-9 first and then the all new 2014 mazda 6
    Yeah, like I said. Lack of advertising $$$.
  • vlapintavlapinta Member Posts: 23
    I am looking to purchase a Mazda 6 Touring with Technology package. I live in NJ. What is a good price to pay for this car, so I know where to start negotiating. Any info is appreciated.
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    The car should sell in the vicinity of the invoice price.
    how can I find out dealer invoice price?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Click on new cars at the top/left of the page.... then follow the prompts to pick the model you are interested in..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

A dealer just offered me this. Do you think I can do better?
    Msrp 25,290
    Selling price 24,500
    State Tax 1,531.25
    Dealer Tax 65.41
    Doc. Fee 125.00
    Deputy Fee 5,00
    License Title Regis St 126.00
    Balance Due 26,352.66
    Probably. Did you check out your local pricing at Edmunds (True Market Value) and KBB.com (Fair Purchase Price)? That should serve as a guide.
    I counter offered 24,100 for a Mazda 6 Touring. The dealer finally agreed. Thanks for all your help.
  • jagat101jagat101 Member Posts: 5
    Wow, $24,100 for a 6 Touring? Is that with the 6AT?

How does $22,600 + TTL sound for a hard-to-find 6 Touring 6MT...that's how I ended up getting mine last 5/18.
    Looks like you paid $336 under invoice. I paid $222 under but that included window etching. Looks like vlapinta paid $173 above invoice. Maybe he didn't do as well as us, but he was certainly not ripped off. He originally said he wanted the tech package and if he got that in his price (which I don't believe he did), he put us both to shame.
    Oh I forgot to mention, $22.6K + TTL includes one option on my JBM 6MT..a LoJack ($695). I never wanted any options or added doo-dads upon purchase but I let this go, since it is a very useful and beneficial addition.

I love to work on my cars, so I am actually now in the middle of adding OEM 2014 Mazda 6 accessories myself (all weather mats, bumper guard, scuff plates...next purchase, the fogs). Getting the OEM stuff after purchase of the car is EASY and alot CHEAPER, than with them already installed upon delivery.

Also, I was quite surprised that I only paid $450 over a 6 Sport 6AT at invoice ($22,150; via KBB.com).
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Did you tell your insurance company that it has LoJack installed? If not, you definitely should give them a call. It varies from one insurer to another, but that could be worth up to 10% off your Comprehensive (or Other Than Collision) premium!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    When I bought my CX-9 last November, I only had the splash guards and roof rack installed at purchase. I had them match the best price I could get online for the accessories and install for $0, told them it was a deal-breaker after I had negotiated the final price of the car. But I purchased several other OEM accessories and installed them myself after purchase. The latest was the stainless steel rear bumper guard, which I believe is also offered for the Mazda6. Very sharp!
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah. It was a foregone conclusion. I'm pretty surprised of the low insurance premium for this car (compared to other Japanese makes) under Wawanesa. It's like paying only twice for the year of what I used to pay (minus collision) for my near 13yr old (paid off 10yrs ago) VW Passat.
  • cpalm1cpalm1 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry, I'm a little confused. So you agreed upon the $22.6 and the dealer then threw in a Lojack? Please provide a breakdown of the dealer fees and the cost of the car. Thanks
    I was amazed when I bought my 2012 CX-9 GT. It was actually $7/year cheaper than the 2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD that it replaced. I added OEM parts coverage, Diminished Value protection and removed Roadside Assistance, it ended up being $12 more per year with those changes.

But the crazy thing is that it's $80/year cheaper to insure than my 2006 Mazda3 s 5-door! Both vehicles have identical coverage limits, same deductibles and rated for the same driver and annual mileage.

But I can't exactly complain, I carry Liability Limits of 500/500/100 and matching Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist limits. My Collision deductible is $500 and Comprehensive deductible is $100. I pay $1120/year for both cars with that level of coverage....my agent is pretty awesome (me)! =)
    I wouldn't think it was crazy that it's cheaper to insure a CX-9 than a Mazda3. If a CX-9 meets another car, chances are that the other car will sustain more damage (car and occupants). Just the opposite with the Mazda3. If your CX-9 met your Mazda3 on the highway, I would expect your insurance check to be much higher for the Mazda3. And while a CX-9 can certainly do more damage to another vehicle, the typical driver will be older and more experienced and I would assume this would be taken into consideration in the underwriting when developing rates for these cars.
  • subdrvrsubdrvr Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Consider yourself lucky. I live in suburban Detroit (Southfield, MI) and my premiums are ridiculous considering my personal situation. No accident since 1989, One claim in the last 10 years and that was a windshield chip. My 14 Mazda Touring jacked my insurance up about 30% (reduced it by half by lowering some coverages). What bothered me more than that was as my previous vehicle went down in value every year my premium went up. Why? Because I have committed the unredeemable crime of living in my zipcode and nothing I can do like the fact that my car is parked in a 24 hour monitored security parking garage will convince the insurance industry that I'm not a 19 year old with 4 DUIs and 6 accidents on my record.

Talk about legalized thievery. I was told by my agent once that if I made a claim for $500 damage to another vehicle my rate would go up by that amount for each of the next three years. Needless to say I paid the claim from my personal funds. Don't bother to tell me to check other companies. This has been a universal problem with any company I have been with.
    edited June 2013
    I read several industry industry news sites almost daily. I'm familiar with all the problems that plague the auto insurance business in Michigan. And I feel for you, seriously.

The entire concept of “No Fault Auto Insurance” is flawed because it only works under ideal circumstances and in a perfect society...which only exists in fairy tales! It was the product of the hippee/utopian world fantasies of the late 60s and early 70s. At its height, in 1975, 26 states had adopted no-fault auto insurance law.

At the end of 2012, only 13 states have retained the no-fault system. In each of those 13, various modifications in law and policy have been made in an attempt to fix the problem. But, at best, they’re just trying to bail out a sinking boat using a thimble!

The intended objective of No-Fault was to reduce insurance premiums by limiting litigation and eliminating obscene court-ordered insurance payouts that weren’t merited. Instead, the system is plagued by fraud and corruption. The ability to properly assess risk for an individual driver and adjust the insurance premium commensurate to that is also difficult, if not impossible! So insurers err on the side of caution and premiums are set at an artificially high level.

Georgia, where I live and am licensed to sell insurance, was one of the 26 states that adopated the no-fault system in the 70s. It was repealed in 1991 and premiums dropped by 20% within one year and have remained steady for more than two decades.

As a consumer and an insurance agent, I am in the minority in supporting federal oversight of insurance law instead of each state having its own screwed up system! Of the five states that border Georgia, only the laws and regulations in Albama are similar. The other four have substantial differences from us and from one another....it’s chaos!

But I feel especially bad for you and other Michigan residents. The political officials in your state aren’t exactly the cream of the crop...the phrase “bottom of the barrel” comes to mind for some reason. I think they all wear t-shirts that say “They had to promote (or elect) me, there was nobody left” on casual Friday! =)

Ironically, one of the best insurance companies in the country is based in Lasing, MI. Auto-Owners has been rated #1 in Auto Claims Satisfaction in the entire industry for five consecutive years. My grandparents and parents have been insured by them for over 25 years. I was seriously injured in 2001 when I was t-boned by an uninsured drunk driver. I was driving my mom's SUV to pick up a table that I wanted but couldn't fit in my car. Her Uninsured Motorist paid over $90k in Medical Expenses and Lost Wages and did so with no hassle if documentation of expenses was provided. That experience is what inspired me to work in the insurance business and at an independent agency that represented Auto-Owners.
    I know Jagat said that the premiums for other Japanese cars were higher, but I'm paying more for collision on my GT than our $40K Volvo. Since you're in the business, how does the Mazda6 compare with the Camry, Accord and Altima? Thanks
  • bigtyme1bigtyme1 Member Posts: 5
    I just leased a 2014 Mazda 6 touring. I was charged MSRP of $25,395. dealer would not budge. I received $1,000 for Mazda appreciation, Plus $350 for leasing through Mazda. I receive $1,000 for my trade and I put down $2000. I have 15,000 miles per year with a 36 month lease and a payment of $246.00 per month. is this a good deal or did I get robbed?
    It was $25,006.95 otd, this is gross (without my trade-in, not net).

I did not put any cash down on my 6MT Touring and it makes no sense pouring more "liquidity"/cash in a depreciating asset (car's are one of them). The "big hit" (depreciation) starts the instant you drive the car off the dealer lot (my usual substantial down, it's sitting at Wall St, "rolling-the-dice", saved for over a year now).

Compare the rate of return (of my down) versus 0.74% for 48mos on my CU loan. My interest out of pocket for 4yrs = $359.77 (with trade in factored in, net cost). :D
    Based on posts in this forum, most people are paying around invoice plus or minus a few hundred. kkb.com says a fair price is about $200 over invoice. Mine was under invoice but I have four dealers within 45 minutes .
    Usually, it's impossible to evaluate a deal if a trade-in is involved, but in your case, since you only got $1,000, the most you could have gotten over book is $1,000 and that would mean your car was worth absolutely nothing so even if that was the case, you would still be well above invoice so unless you are in an area where you are captive to one dealer, you should have done better on the price.
    Without knowing the residual, money factor (appears to be .00027 based on recent posts) and what other items you may have put in the lease (fees, tax, registration, etc), I can't tell you if the $246 was the appropriate number so I can't tell without more data whether you got the benefit of the Mazda loyalty or if the dealer pocketed it. If you provide that, I will let you know. Even if you could have done a little better, you are still getting a lot of car for the money. Enjoy it. :)
    I just looked over my paperwork. The gross capitalized cost is $24, 895, which includes the $595 acquisition fee. The agreed-upon value of the car was $24, 300. The cap reduce tax $55.11, delaware title tax $874, doc fee 279, initial registration $155, first month payment $246.86. Cap cost reduction $2740.03, net trade in allowance $1000, rebates and non-cash credits $1,350 ( $1000 mazda loyalty , and $350 for financing through Mazda), amount to be paid in cash $2000 down for a total of $4,350. Adjusted capital ized cost is $22,154.97. I have a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. $246.86 per month. the car is registered Delaware.($241.99 base monthly payment + $4.87 monthly sales tax for a total of $246.86).

Residual is $14,162.40. I traded a 2000 Mazda Millenia with 230, 000k miles. I did have the lease Factor but I threw it away I believe it was in the neighborhood of 00055.
    Your original post said the price was MSRP but based on the $24,300 price and the fact you got $1,000 for that Millenia (I had a 95) , I think you did fine. I couldn't tie directly to the $246 but it was ballpark.
    Thank you, gee22! I appreciate your response.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Which NJ dealer? (waiting to compare 6 and the new 3 coming out soon)
  • heetheemheetheem Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I ended up paying 22,800 out the door (after 6% tax and transfer tag). How did I do?
  • sonicwavesonicwave Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a Mazda6 Touring and loving it. The dealer I purchased from does not install alarms and they advised going to any local alarm outfit. I was wondering if anyone had an alarm system installed that DID NOT require carrying around another Fob. If so, how much did you pay? Also, would like to hear from folks if you think an alarm is totally not necessary.
  • drjjjjdrjjjj Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2013
    Integrated exhaust-no thanks, sky high fuel pressure and related fuel component prices down the road and carbon build up issues! Good looking car but... No turbo or CVT for me either!
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    I was searching for used Mazda 6's from the 2010-2013 model year and I stumbled upon new 2013 Mazda 6's still in dealer inventory. I was looking at i and s grand touring. range in price from msrp $28-$32. i was surprised the msrp on the i and s are very similar. there are 3 s grand touring and 6 i grand touring within 250 mi of me. these have been sitting around for quite a while. i was searching previously on this thread that some were getting $10K off msrp earlier this year. what could i get now??
    The difference between the ‘I’ and ‘s’ Grand Touring base price is only $2,240 ($29,990 vs. $27,750). If you add the $2000 NAV option to the ‘I’, it’s almost the same exact price as an ‘s’ without NAV.

The V6 engine and 6-speed Automatic are really the only difference between the two.

I recommend that “Technology Package” on either model. It includes- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System (smart key), Push-button Start, Driver’s Seat Memory, Power Passenger Seat, Auto on/off Xenon headlights, Auto-dimming Homelink Rearview Mirror, Rain-sensing wipers, Heated outside mirrors, LED tail lights and SIRIUS satellite radio w/ 4-month free trial.

The NAV system is a matter of personal preference, but I wasn’t very impressed with it when I bought my 2012 CX-9 last year (same NAV system). I didn’t think it was worth $2k. But the 3.7L V6 and Aisin 6-speed AT are a SWEET combination!

I’m still seeing up to $8k off MSRP on leftover 2013 models, so I’d shoot for at least that. They’ve been sitting on the lot for a long time and the dealers are motivated to move them, so I suggest starting out at $9k under sticker and going from there…..

Good luck….btw, even though the Tech Package has a lot of awesome features, I wouldn’t let the lack of it cause me to pass over a great deal!
    Thanks for the info. Yeah the tech package is nice for the memory seats and passenger power seat, but not a requirement for me. I prefer the Grand Touring for the leather, Bose stereo, power seat and that all comes in the base model Grand Touring. As far as NAV, I have a cell phone that does all that for me. But, many of the Grand Touring models come fully loaded with tech and nav. I have driven the 4 cyl but never the 6. I am sure I would loooove the 6, but I do drive a lot and mileage worries me. What is the quality of the leather? Also, do you know if all of these are 50 state/CA emission certified? I am in CA. There are less than 20 Grand Tourings in my area. I see many more in Texas.
    edited October 2013
    After reviewing the standard features on both 2013 Mazda6 Grand Touring models, I agree with you that the Technology Package is nice but not a deal-breaker. Mazda confuses me sometimes with which features they make standard and which are optional. For example, on my 2012 CX-9 GT with a base price of almost $35k, the Bose audio system and Power Moonroof weren’t standard. Those two features cost an extra $2255!

But on the 2013 Mazda6 Grand Touring, the Bose 10-speaker audio and Power Moonroof are standard…as well as Heated Leather Seats, Dual-zone Climate Control and Rearview Camera. I’m a huge fan of the Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) on my CX-9 and it is standard on the Mazda6 Touring Plus and higher models. For 2013, the 18” wheels from the ‘s’ Grand Touring were also made standard on the 4-cylinder ‘i’ Grand Touring.

I looked back at Consumer Reports fuel economy figures for an i Sport (2.5L/5AT) and s Grand Touring (3.7L/6AT). The difference is pretty substantial (24mpg vs. 20mpg overall) with the main difference being in actual highway mileage. The 4-cylinder still has more than sufficient power, so you’re probably wise to stick with the i GT.

I’ve only driven a 2013 Mazda6 with Black Leather (a loaner while my CX-9 was having a headlight assembly replaced under warranty). The look and feel were on par with my CX-9 and, in my opinion, better than my dad’s 2010 Accord and the Altimas and Camrys I’ve rented with leather over the last few years. The assembly quality and quality of other interior materials was also impressive.

Because the 2014 models went on sale in January, remaining 2013 models are scarce (as you’ve mentioned). Most of the ones you’ll find have the Tech Pkg and NAV and their $32-$34k MSRP is the reason they’re sitting unsold.

As for meeting CA emissions- it looks like cars for the following states have the ULEV Emissions:
    CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, WA.

If you aren’t able to find a new 2013 that fits the bill, there’s always Mazda CPO used models to consider. The 2011 was slightly revised/updated with new headlight & fog light designs and new 17” alloys. The main interior updates were a new steering wheel design, upgraded instrument panel and premium interior trim. The rearview camera was also added to GT models. So I’d look for a 2011 or newer model if I went with a CPO!

Good luck and hope this info helps! Post here to let me know how things work out for you!
    Thanks for all the info. Is rear backup camera standard on all Grand Touring 6's after 2011? I do like the fact for 13 that they put the 18 " wheels on the iGT. They look real nice. Damn its too bad it isn't 50 state compliant for emissions. That limits my choices for what is left of the 2013. I have been looking at used 2011 and newer. Seems like CPO asking is close to what $8 or $9k off msrp of new one would be, but that is asking.
    Yes, all 2011-2013 Grand Touring models have the backup camera.

I'm not sure where you're located in California, but I did some searching in the Los Angeles area. I found a sharp 2013 Mazda6 i Grand Touring with 5764 miles on it, CPO, Silver/Black Leather and Rear Spoiler. It doesn't have the Tech Pkg or NAV and it's priced at $21,288. It's at Mazda of Puente Hills located in City of Industry. (I was actually using my cousin's zip code in Woodland Hills when I found it).

Being a CPO, you'd get the balance of the 3-year/36k Limited Warranty, then an additional 1-year/12k CPO Limited Warranty. The Powertrain Warranty would cover 7-year/100k from original date of sale.

It looks brand new....just thought you might want to check it out.
    Thank you. I am actually in the SF Bay Area. According to Mazda's site there are 9 2013 iGT within 250 mi of me. I will see how low a few of these dealers are willing to go.
    I thought you might find the following information useful-

Links to the Mazda Media Website-

2011 Mazda6- http://www.mazdausamedia.com/index.php?s=31676&item=1028#assets_71:319

2012 Mazda6- http://www.mazdausamedia.com/index.php?s=31676&item=974

2013 Mazda6- http://www.mazdausamedia.com/index.php?s=31676&item=1062

The link will take you the first page with the official Press Release for that year model. It summarizes any changes or updates but also includes lots of marketing “fluff”.

There are two other tabs for each model year- Photos and Documents. The Photos tab contains lots of high-resolution photos, inside and out and in a variety of colors. But the really useful information is found on the Documents tab. You’ll find two (2) PDFs on that tab, one called SPECIFICATIONS and the other PRICING. SPECIFICATIONS is usually 8-11 pages long and itemizes every minute detail change compared to the previous model year, then it has charts to indicates which features are standard and which are optional on each trim level. PRICING is just a one-pager with a listing of every trim level available and its MSRP, all factory options/packages and prices, and all ‘accessories’ that can be included on the car from the factory (which are otherwise available from the dealer). It also details the contents of all Option Packages.

I’ve always found the info VERY useful, especially since Mazda changed the content or trim levels on the 2009-2013 Mazda6 EVERY YEAR (literally)!
    I was kinda curious about the remaining 2013s that you're looking at within 250 miles of SF, so I decided to do a search and check them out.

The one that caught my eye as a potential great deal was the 2013 'i' Grand Touring, Steel Blue w/ Black Leather and the only option is the Rear Wing Spoiler. The Sticker Price is $28,980 (since it doesn't have the Tech Pkg or NAV), so it could end up selling for around $22k or so....

I also ran across a NEW 2012 'i' Grand Touring that could also be a great deal. It is Black w/ Black Leather and it has the Tech Pkg and NAV. It has a Sticker Price of $31,890, but it's been sitting there for at least 18 months and, regardless of physical age, it's TWO MODEL YEARS OLD and it will be THREE MODEL YEARS old within the next month or two when the 2015 models are released!

As a Used Car, the 2012 with the same features, in Outstanding/Excellent Condition and with ZERO/ONE mile, the Suggested Retail Price ranges from $22,633 to $23,920. I priced it on Edmunds, KBB, ClearBook (on TrueCar) and NADA. So the Sticker Price or the Dealer's Invoice price are largely irrelevant to the amount you should pay for the car! The moment you drive off the lot, it will be a USED 2012 Mazda6 and worth no more then $23,900 (at most). So negotiate from that standpoint if you end up considering this 2012 model.

BTW, the Steel Blue 2013 is at Razzari Mazda in Merced, CA and the Black 2012 is at AutoNation Mazda of Roseville in Roseville, CA.