Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VW Touareg Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• peterstrachanpeterstrachan Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have an 03 Touareg V6 with 14000 miles only on it ( I live on a small island hence low miles). When I accelerate from start or low speed I get a harsh booming resonace through the pedal and steering wheel as though the exhaust is touching something. It makes driving the car quite unpleasant as there is a lot of stop/start motoring here. The dealers dont seem to be able to pinpoint it

Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution.

Thanks and happy new year to all. Peter
  • shavershaver Member Posts: 18
    I have an 04 six and I can understand the air bag connectors. My air bag light is on for the 3rd time, so is my tire pressure sensor and so is my check engine light. I do agree however, that it is a very comfortable SUV. Living above 5500 feet it performs very well in the snow and ice despite a good all around tire being available. I am currently on my second set of Michelin Cross Terrain which are guaranteed for 65,000 miles but I did get 45,000 on the last set. We now have 77,000 miles on the car and the next big ticket item may be a crabbing sensation when you turn somewhat hard to the left such as in a parking lot. It does not do it to the right.
  • giselle1964giselle1964 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I am having the same problem with our 04 Toureg as you have. Just today right on the exit of the expressway, that thumping forward sound occured again. I have taken it to the dealer twice and even rode with a technician during which ride it not occured. Were you able to resolve it at all? Your feedback will be very much appreciated.
  • zeevkzeevk Member Posts: 2
    We were able to identify the conditions under which the problem occurs: You drive at 5th gear (using automatic gear)without gas and slows down. The RPM goes down and the gear stays at the 5th. Then you press the gas and the gear shifts down to the 4th with a laud bang as if you drive over an obsticle at high speed. Once you identify the sequence it is easy to repeat it and also to avoid it by not pressing the gas before it shifts to the 4th.
    In my humble opinion it is a design bug and not something that can be solved.
    My 04 T-Reg has developed water condensation in the tail lights. Dealer has taken the tail light assembly out and had no answer as to how, from where or why the water is in the lights and he confirmed that the lenses are not cracked. Dealer had to replace one of the plug-in assemblies as they were corroded.

News about the recall. Although not explained well by the dealer, I was told that it would cure air bag in doors, lights, shifting, crabbing and much more to include the dash displays. Problem is that the fix lasted for 30 minutes and I had to return because my lights quit working, turn signals went wild and others that i can't remember. When I got back to the dealer, I was (1) of three that had brought their VW's back and all swearing to the service manager that they will never own another VW again. They stayed until 7 pm to get me back on the road but 5 days later the air bag light went on and the next day the check engine light came on. We have not had the time to take the car back in. Without loaner cars it is very difficult to keep renting a car to have these numerous repairs done.
  • panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    I had the problem infrequently while I owned my V6 touareg. Your scenario seems realistic. I never could replicate it, but it occurred only as the car downshifted to a stop off a highway exit. I think it is fixable, as I would bet it is software. You know, it never did it during the last 1/2 year of ownership. I wonder if it was fixed when they updated the software. I have never met a VW service rep that would acknowledge any specific problem with the car as being common, even under direct questioning.
    I think there's a company line being maintained at all costs. Although I miss my Touareg, VW will never sell me another car, no matter how much fun they are to drive. Japanese or American from now on. I cannot afford to be different.

I just got the $3000 coupon in the mail yesterday, touting the incredible resale value. That's BS. Compared to what?
  • daveashdaveash Member Posts: 1
    2005 Touareg V-8.

I am looking for contact information for the Western Regional Manager who would be responsible for the San Francisco Bay area (East Bay-Oakland). I cannot seem to locate a mailing address.

My Touareg has been good although it chewed up a set of tires in 24K miles, and the alignment is attrotious. Although they wouldn't take care of these issues, particularly with their history of this specific issue, I had to purchase new tires and alignment.

My complain is the key that we purchased with the car is defective and the dealership won't replace it. We waited over a month to get our spare key, and when we did get it it was stored appropriately and not used. We later found out it didnt work correctly and they are claiming there is rust inside it and wont fix it. They are asking that we pay another $300 to replace it. First, its part of the car and therefore under warranty. Second, its a defective key and not used by us (even still has the tags on it from the dealer). After spending over $50K for this vehicle, I expect the key to work, and in the event that it doesnt, I expect VW to correct it under warranty without question. Lastly, if they aren't going to stand up regarding warranty of this item, they shouldnt be utilizing $300 keys to their vehicles.

So does anybody have contact information for VW management?

Thanks.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    1-248-754-5000

That's directly to the VW corporate offices. And yes, you have to call on your own dime. :sick: What kind of reputable company these days doesn't have a toll free number?? :confuse:
  • carb1776carb1776 Member Posts: 13
    Hi, My 2006 has 4900 miles and it squeals at every stop, did you experience this problem? I love the vehicle, but the DEALER says he can't fix it? Frustrated in CT.
    Hi, I read your message, I won't be buying anymore VW's either. I love my 2006 Touareg with 4900 miles but it makes a loud brake squeal at every stop and the VW DEALER says its normal and part of the design and can't be fixed. I'm getting ready to file under the LEMON LAW to have them take it back. Anyone else experiencing this brake problem?
    Frustrated in CT
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hey Carb, one or two posts about your brakes is plenty - if you reply to a bunch of posts about the same issue, people will get irritated having to scroll through them. :blush:
  • ttam22ttam22 Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone I'm new to the site just looking for some help. I'm in the market for a "performance SUV". I live in New England, so the weather is hardly predictable. It's just me and my girlfriend living together so we don't need to worry 3rd row seats anytime soon. Since I drive to Boston to work everyday, about a 45 minute drive, I need something quick on the highway, but can also handle the different climates. My initial choice was a 2005-2006 Touareg V8 because from what I read that model years seems to have fewer problems than the earlier model and a good portion of owners also agree that the V6 is a little on the weak side and I've never really got into diesels. My other choices were BMW X5 or an Infiniti FX35/45. I love the look of the Touareg and when I took one for a test drive, the V8 gives the driver unbelievable power delivery. Now what I'm looking for is a little feedback from owners, just for a heads up. Instead picking up an auto issue of Consumer Reports to see what problems there are, I'd rather hear from the owners. What are some problems that I will encounter? Anything major? Would you ever buy the vehicle again? And is it worth it? Now my friend has an X5 V6 and he said he hasn't had any problems with it other than routine maintenance and I'm about to head over and check out forums on the FX. I'd appreciate honest, real owners, because this is important information that could help me out in my decision. If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    Hi,
    The Touareg definately handles the road well, the v6 will give you more than enough power, v8 if you tow. I'm in CT and the VW dealer I bought from in Enfield CT turned out to be horrible. Yes, there are other dealers. I have the 2006. It's a bit tempermental as you have read. If you don't have time to deal with problems, I'd go with the X5, the MDX or a Honda or Toyota AWD. The Touareg is great but VW dosn't seem to want to address some issues on it, in it's fourth year of production. Just my own thoughts, others will have other views. I think the quality of the MFG and how the dealer treats you is as important as the vehicle. I happened to buy mine from a no-customer-service dealer.

I drove my VW on a 300 mile trip and it felt like I was driving a a soft cloud all the way, tremdous handeling. Good Luck! At 65 the V6 gets 20+ miles per gallon, it quickly decreases to 13 to 16mpg as you hit 70mph and higher.
    I owned a V6 Touareg for almost 3 years and 50,000 miles and have driven several examples of X5 and FX. You should drive them as well. They are very different from each other. I presume you are buying used.
    Ride: No comparison; VW wins. BMW is good, but a little busy, The FX rides like a lumberwagon - you feel every crack in the road.
    Handling: BMW and FX are pretty similar, VW almost as good, but remember, it weighs at least 800 pounds more.
    Brakes: All 3 feel similar
    Comfort: VW and FX are excellent but very different, with BMW a little behind, unless the car has the comfort or sport seats.
    Reliability: Basically, until this year, BMW was building the same car for six years. They got it pretty right from a reliability standpoint. A 2004-2006 might be a good option. That said, they pay for maintenance for 4 years, and they only get oil changes at about 12,000 mile intervals. I'm not impressed with leaving oil in that long, from a long term engine wear standpoint, particluarly for city cars. Apparently BMW is ok with it. When you are paying for maintenance on any of these cars, you will be shocked at what it costs. They are all excellent highway cruisers. The V8 is nice, but you do not need it unless you have a 23 foot Sea Ray bowrider following you. There is a definite gas mileage difference between the v6 and v8 versions of all of them. I understand the BMW v8 is a little better on gas than either the VW or FX V8's. When I bought my Touareg, the BMW and FX were my second and third choices. VW got first mainly because I go off-road alot and having a low range transfer case was important. If I did not have to go off road for work, I might have chosen the BMW first. Then the question became whether to get the X5 or X3. The X5 is a little tanky. Hard to describe as fun to drive. The X3 drives like a car and is a lot of fun to toss around. The ride isnt nearly as bad as the car mags make out, even with the sport package. The FX is a go cart. Not sure I could live with the ride or the obnoxious exhaust drone. Comfort, quality and features were first rate though.
  • lightminerlightminer Member Posts: 14
    Okay - so basically this is one of the worst new-car introductions in history - that much is clear. (In terms of the car actually working.) Like others I am sold on the feature set and performance characteristics. So, my question is this - have they or haven't they fixed most of the problems? Most people posting have 04s. Only one or two had an 06. What do people think about the 07s? Does the lack of posting problems with 06/07s mean they are better - or just that they have few/no miles on them yet?

I called the locak VW dealership and said that I was sold on the features/performance but how could anyone in their right mind buy one of these - and said I wanted to give him 5 minutes to do his sales thing and see if he could get me to budge - and he actually said something fairly interesting. He said when you get one, you don't necessarily drive it off the lot. Once you choose one, they apply what was at the time around 15 TSBs which can take a week or more, then you come pick it up. This was around 6 months ago. He said that as long as you have all the TSBs applied the car is doing quite well.

So what do people think - is it perhaps finally time to get one?

On the opposite side, the 08 Highlander looks like it is quite awesome despite not actually being an offroader. Might have to wait for that instead.

Looking at Consumer Reports repair history - and if we translate the black/red circles to numbers where 1 is really bad and 5 really good 04 has 10 1s, 3 2s, 0 3s, 1 4, and 1 5, the 05 has 5 1s, 4 2s, 3 3s, 1 4 and 3 5s, and the 06 has many 5s, and only 2 1s - but with the consumer reports defect reporting the newer models always fair a lot better - basically not enough data yet. It doesn't mean the car is better.

Anyway I'd love to get one but am scared it won't work...
    I have an 04 so you don't want to talk to me. I have driven close to 1.5 million miles in the last 38 years in Jeep Wagoneers, Pioneers, Grand Cherokee, GMC, Ford Explorers all domestic except for the VW Touareg. Despite the engineered defects, I have to admit that the Touareg has the best ride, comfort, handling and is the best in the snow and ice. My v6 is weak and it hesitates upon acceleration. Probably my biggest complaint is VW service in general. It is expensive, they do not stock parts, the car is so technical that many dealers do not have sufficient knowledge in my opinion therefore, the repair time is long and for a luxury SUV they do not provide a loaner car and if you are in as many times as I am in a year the car rental adds up. I live 50 miles from the dealer so it is also inconvenient. My mileage is 15 mpg at best and they all use premium gas. I like the car but for the price tag, the high maintenance and the inconvenience we most likely will go to the Lexus next purchase.
    Good Luck
  • vdubinvabeachvdubinvabeach Member Posts: 1
    Hello Touareg owners: I am leasing a 2005 Touareg from VW. This past 2 months I have had it in the shop several times. It started with requesting a simple required yearly inspection. At that time there were 5 recalled items or events that where going to also be addressed. Since that time the vehicle randomly will not start, it only "clicks" one time when key is turned but all the lights, bells, whistles and automatic adjustments do their thing! VW was unable to "recreate: the event in their shop so they said they could not fix it if "it aint broke". I had to get towed in again last night. I not longer feel safe in this vehicle. Any similar events out there?
    My 04 randomly does this at the first turn of the key but then starts on the second attempt. I have had no luck on repair. The last recall fixed many of our problems from airbag lights to crabbing when you turn. Many of the systems are interrelated. I get water in my tail light and at times has caused the engine to run erradic, head lamps go out, blinkers go nuts all from a corroded connection. VW will not fix this problem because they consider tail lights an accessory. It is a safety issue when you have no lights at night. Sorry but I don't have a fix.
  • whoisbigmanwhoisbigman Member Posts: 1
    As the title says. I like to do all my own maintainance, troubleshooting, and repairs. Would like to know where to get the best information. Is there a service manual or DVD available?

Just got rid our Volvo XC90, got a 2004 V8, NAV, Air suspension, every option available for 2004 (short the V10 even though I'm a diesel guy). This thing is so cool to drive :)
  • brady11brady11 Member Posts: 2
    Same issue on the "yodeling" although the noise I hear is more or a prolonged squeal. It only happens after applying the brakes and while going slow. Does anyone know the source of this problem? The dealer can't seem to figure it out.
    I have an 04 V6 that squealed so loud that it was embarrassing to drive. It reminded me of when the CV joint in my old Jeep Grand Wagoneer was going out. Dealer found that the carrier bearing needed to be replaced. Cost was $3,000. This may not be the problem but it sure sounds very similar. Good Luck.
  • myvw13myvw13 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I have the same issue when my 2004 V6 downshifts to 1st gear after coming off an exit or after driving at a high rate of speed (65-80) and having to stop suddenly. If you stop slowly it does not occur.

Dealership did 2 software upgrades and still not fixed, of course I could not replicate with tech in the car.

Has VW acknowledged this issue and resolved?
    Steve
    scmiles at hotmail.com
    If your car is under warranty you would be foolish to touch it. VW will not honor warranty if they can find an excuse. You must be very good as the T-Reg is not your fathers 1966 VW Bug. If you are new to the T-Reg, try changing out the headlight bulb and that may give you some indication of the complexity of this car.
  • tiahtiah Member Posts: 1
    I am having some problems with my AC, it doesn't seem to cool very well. It will make a noise and cold air comes out, if I don't hear that nosie I get luke warm air... Do you have this same problem? I am very nervous about taking into the dealer because,the last time I took it in it cost $1400 for maint work.
  • wheelguywheelguy Member Posts: 1
    I am working on a 04 VW Touareg V10 twin turbo and need to find out where to buy a reverse fog light kit. It is very popular in Europe but I can’t find out where to get one in the States. Any help would be appreciated!
  • gsotiggsotig Member Posts: 8
    I had a similar problem last year on my '04 and it was covered under warranty. However, my problem occurred after running for about 1-2 hours on long trips, therefore it was hard to duplicate at the dealer. The problem was with VW since they will not allow the dealer to replace a part unless they can verify the problem. Supposedly the theory was that a bearing in the fan was heating up which would not allow it to function properly. Luckily I have a good dealer and they replaced the necessary parts and I haven't had any problems since then. Good Luck
  • cat3126cat3126 Member Posts: 43
    The Audi 07- Q-7 4.2 Premiumn has the rear fog light. You might be able to get one from Audi Parts.
  • jonathanwjonathanw Member Posts: 2
    I can only speak to Tires and Brakes and in a word, Expensive. Tires wear-out first 20K to 25K, Brakes go at 35K and require a major break job. The rotors are poorly designed so they aren't hardy enough for a first time turn and need to be replaced in total $$$, plus pads, sensors and caliper bolts. Est. $2200.00. Make sure your dealer has all the parts.
  • jonathanwjonathanw Member Posts: 2
    Same BS happened to me just yesterday... Warning light, uh oh, bettter get it in for service so I don't damage the rotors. Guess again, you're screwed. The Rotors need to be replaced... $2200.00. As ususal, my dealer, didn't have the parts, didn't have the time to get them, so atleast I can shop it around for a day or two, but I know I'll be back to drop my pants at the dealer. BTW VW dealers, if you keep a customers car all day because you don't have the parts atleast wash the customers car.
    If your car is still under warranty and you have the work done at a reputable tire or front end shop to save money, should anything go wrong that could remotely be construed that it was the fault of a none dealer repair, you're screwed. Did you know that if you had your tires changed by a tire company that is not approved by the VW dealer that should your pressure sensor go out 5 days later, VW will not warrant the replacement. I had one that was bad before I had tires changed and the VW factory rep would not authorize the repair as warranty.
  • stevemaloystevemaloy Member Posts: 3
    I have an 04 TDI. I have over 80K on it, tow with is some, but mostly run the interstates. Running at 80-85 through a whole tank, I am consistently getting 23 mpg+. I tow my 18FT boat at 75mph, and get 17.5. The power is amazing, and I blew a V8 toureg off the road, along with most other vehicles. I ran it against some performance sport touring bikes in the mountains (a road with 318 curves in 11 miles), and they couldn't keep up. I guess I am saying I love mine. Dealing with the dealership isn't a problem for me. My son works there. ;)
    The likely reason the sport bikes couldn't or wouldn't keep up is that they did not want to get dicey with a car. I owned a Touareg for almost 3 years and I've ridden sport bikes for about 30 years, most of them capable of 10-11 sec 1/4 miles and over 150 mph. No common street car can run like that with the ease of a motorcycle. A few exotic cars run 12 second quarters, but it aint easy to do for the average driver.

The first rule of motorcycles is never, ever race a car. Should the rider be stupid enough to race you and possess the skills to operate the cycle at even 7/10ths of the machine's capability, he or she would have smoked you. The Touareg is pretty decent in the corners for a 5500 lb SUV, but don't fool yourself. I'm glad you've had a good experience with yours; mine was great as long as my checkbook was fat. The preceding posts about brakes brought warm remembrance.
  • pankajaggpankajagg Member Posts: 1
    I am getting good deal on a used 2006 V6 touareg. As lightminer have asked: Are New Ones Any Better?
  • vwblackvwblack Member Posts: 1
    I've purchased my 04 V6 Touareg in April 06, when I first got it had speed and a very smooth ride. Since then I have had some many problems I am ready to trade it in. First week the exhaust light came on and the SUV would start shaking. Took it in, they said they fixed it "WRONG" a week later it happened again finally got fixed second time around. Second, about a two months later tire pressure sensor kept coming on, had to stop and put air in the tire that wasn't reading the correct pressure happened about 2 or 3 times until VW called me in finally and said that was apart of the all the recalls they had. One time my windshield wipers would only work when I hit the brakes. Every time I start it up now it sounds like a hamster is running around in the dash. The sound system sucks, been to dealer twice already for same speaker, now I have to go back for all the speakers! The acceleration is not like it used to be its and every time I turn on AC it smells like urine, and they claimed they cleaned it twice and its only covered under the warranty to be done once!
  • rsnmrodrsnmrod Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to replace a blown brake light bulb? I am unable to remove the tail light lens.

Thanks,
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I would guess that the bulb is accessible from inside the vehicle through an access panel. Anyone know for sure?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • beeficusbeeficus Member Posts: 1
    I have been using the car for runs in the city and the truck is falling apart? One of the tires caught a flat and I really need to get the right tires but the dealer is saying tires at $250 a pop. Anyone in the area can recommend anyplace else?
  • nadaanadaa Member Posts: 1
    I absolutely hate my Touareg. It's a paper car disguised as a luxury car. I have had so many problems with it. My brake pad sensor went off and I called the dealer right away, brought in and they tell me the rotor and sensor are damaged and they want me to pay for it! The sensor did not even go off 24 hrs and the car was not squeaking and they say the rotor and the sensor are damaged and it's not warrantied! Unbelievable! I have been at the dealership at a frequency of about once every month and they manage to have me pay for something every time. They charge a luxury car price tag and give you economy service and won't even give in when there is an obvious manufacturing or design isuue on their price. I will definitely sell this car although I've had it for only a year. I do not want the car or the shoddy service at their dealerships.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sounds like you need to open a case with VW of America.
  • qpowerqpower Member Posts: 34
    Contact Alretta Truck Parts (www.alretta.com) for brake parts - just $586 for a four wheel brake job including pads, rotors, sensors, rotor bolts, and caliper hardware - that saves a lot of money for non-dealer labor!! It cut my costs in half!! And the parts are all OE or premium American manufacturers, made to bring the system back to original performance.

BTW, the rotors are made of dampened iron, which is softer to help absorb the resonant energy the brake pads can create - it helps the brake system be both quieter and grip better - this is a Ferrari class brake system after all !

So the stealer is not the only way to go if you take the initiative!!

Geoff

(2004 VW Touareg V6, del. 10/2003)
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    the rotors are made of dampened iron, which is softer to help absorb the resonant energy the brake pads can create

Actually, it's not dampening that reduces brake noise. The gray cast iron changes the modulus (effectively the mass) of the rotor affecting the resonant frequencies. There's some good physics behind it and anyone interested may want to take a look at this article.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • pamperedbeckypamperedbecky Member Posts: 5
    I'm also looking into purchasing an '07 and came looking for reviews and issues with VW Touaregs. I thought I'd re-post just to pose the question again....those of you with '07s- are you finding the same issues as owners of earlier models? Any input is appreciated! It may still be too new of a model and obviously people come here to post their issues and with the '07s on being out about a year, we may not see much feedback yet. Thanks in advance!
    Becky
  • vwowner1vwowner1 Member Posts: 2
    I replaced my Dunlops with Bridgestone Alenza HL tires. In 3,000 miles I have had great results. No more tire wear, much less road noise and a better ride. :)
  • vwowner1vwowner1 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone out there who can outline the process for replacing a brake light bulb in a Touareg?
  • kimfkimf Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Touareg V6 that is the absolute worst car I have ever owned. It is in the shop for the 33rd time. Today's issue is the driveshaft (which was already replaced at 19k miles). Yesterday was front and rear brakes that needed to be replaced (which were previously replaced 15 months ago). I was told the Lemon Law only applies if the car is under warranty, does anyone know a way around that? I have 79K miles, well over the 50K limit, but have had issues from day one. (Why I didn't return it then, I'll never know).
  • matsonmatson Member Posts: 1
    We bought our '04 Touareg V6 new in '04. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. It is a rolling money pit. The dealer told us the oil changes were going to be high for a little while ($89.95) until the filter was available to auto part stores etc.. It then went to $100. Now, last month it went to $150.00. It is just oil and a filter right? I have 87,000 miles on it. Since I have owned it, the starter has gone out, all fuel injectors went out, catalytic converter out, AC Blower motor out last month for $900, tire sensors broken. 1st brake job at 49,000 miles, they turned the rotors. Now, they are quoting $2,000 for a brake job with rotors after only another 37,000 miles. I found a reputable shop to turn rotors again and change brake pads and sensors to get an estimated 25,000 miles for $900. I am doing this today and selling it next week. I am getting a Saturn Vue or Chevy Equinox. Much better fuel economy and I can get a $23.00 oil change on the Equinox or free for life from Saturn. I can't imagine owning an SUV and getting free oil changes. What a concept!
  • jlcjrjlcjr Member Posts: 4
    You are lucky that you got 39k miles on them. I have had to change them twice and I only have 41k miles on mine. They are only warrantied for 12,000 miles. Love the car, but they use substandard equipment at the owners expense. Won't buy another one until they get kinks figured out. I could have bought something $15,000 more and come out the same with all money that I have to spend every year. Heck the pads alone are $800 and the windshield wipers are $100 and they don't work properly.
  • ensconcedensconced Member Posts: 13
    We have a 2006 V-6 Touareg and have had it for about a year. So far, no problems. We have a great relationship with our salesman and every time we see him he asks how the vehicle is doing and then seems to almost collapse in relief when we say no problems. Doesn't bolster one's confidence.

It seems like sales of the Touareg are picking up where I live. The dealer inventory is way down and I see a lot more around town. Love the white ones. Normally I don't like white vehicles but it looks great in white.

Was it a mistake to buy this vehicle. No. The reliability is a concern but this vehicle has sheltered the family on two trips in snowstorms. It's a cat on a new couch in snow.
  • sguertinsguertin Member Posts: 6
    Do not buy Touareg! The VW service sucks, the car is very expensive to own and it rattles and has all kinds of problems. My first one was a Lemon and after months of fighting with VW, I finally got a second one and it is terrible. It has been in the shop for 35 days now and I have only owned it for 5 months! It is the V10 TDI but it does not matter because they are all the same...

Do your research if you even think about this car... I highly suggest you dont buy.

***the driver seat does not line up with the instrument panel and it also can cause back pain. Please be aware!!
  • homelucyhomelucy Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone speak about the Alretta brake replacement for the Touareg? I need new brakes and would like to save money and have a VW tech that I'm friends with install them, but I want to be sure custoemrs are happy with the product. Please help!!!