Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

sharkalasharkala Member Posts: 48
edited January 2014 in BMW
Can anyone share what they are paying for an X3 3.0 and 2.5 with metallic paint, xenons, heated seats and premium package? Any ideas what dealers are giving off? Is there a noticeable difference between the power of the 3.0 and 2.5. thanks .

Comments

• mytoymytoy Member Posts: 14
    Kyfdx,

We exchanged emails last week regarding the 2.5 or 3.0 of the X3. I went back to the dealership and this is what they told me on the lease:

X3 3.0
    Blue Exterior/Black Leatherette Interior
    Auto Trans
    Privacy Glass
    Prep for Satellite Radio

MSRP is $37,895

Lease info is:

12k miles for 3 years
    2500 down plus tax on that
    1st payment due at signing
    $400 Refundable deposit

Monthly lease payment comes to $399.21. This includes tax.

If we want to purchase it at the end of the lease, the cost would be $23,500

Take delivery of vehicle on 7/10/05.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

MyToy :)
  • sr1nathsr1nath Member Posts: 6
    I paid $41700 for my Blue Water X3 3.0 with Premuim, Cold Weather packages and adaptive Xenon lights. This includes destination charges, but paid Tax/Title/Reg. extra.
  • aukemaaukema Member Posts: 19
    I paid $37,626 for 3.0, standard, premium, metalic,xenon,and privacy glass with European delivery. This was $1726 over ED invoice price.
  • gohuskiesgohuskies Member Posts: 40
    I ordered an X3, European Delivery with: Cold weather, premium and sport packages, Steptronic transmission, Servotronic steering, rear door airbags, style 114 wheels, power folding mirrors, park distance control, xenons, navigation, premium sound, privacy glass, metallic paint for $44,815
  • keepoffmediankeepoffmedian Member Posts: 1
    Our Silver Grey is somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic right now. We ordered a 2.5, premium package, heated seats, privacy glass, steptronic, cargo net. $36,000 and they threw in carpeted and rubber winter mats along with a mini bmw ride-on car for our baby on the way. I could have paid less at a dealer further away, but I elected to pay more from the closer dealer with the better reputation.
  • bart001bart001 Member Posts: 3
    Got $2000 off MSRP plus floormats on an X3 3.0 6-speed with premium, heated seats, privacy glass.
  • jjmanjjman Member Posts: 77
    which came out to ~1300 off the 44.6 k x3 3.0 with most options. Not sure if I can get better, but bart001 seems to have. Maybe I can get them to include alarm, homelink and xm
  • centurioncenturion Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking of getting an X3 sometime between now and November. Is there a "best" time during the year to negotiate a good deal on an X3 (or a BMW in general)?

For instance, when will BMW switch over to the 2005 model year? I presume that if I can find a 2004 I like in stock when the 2005 models are coming out, then I might get a better deal.

What if I want to order an X3? Is there a particular time during the year when dealers are more flexible on pricing?

I would appreciate any advice that X3 or other BMW buyers could offer.
  • aukemaaukema Member Posts: 19
    I am also doing a ED on an x3 in early June. Please post your experience on the ED for BMW, if you are going before then. Thanks
  • hbouhbou Member Posts: 13
    Got X3 2.5, Euro Delivery, premium package, cold weather package, leather and metallic paint for 33,800.
  • artsdocartsdoc Member Posts: 1
    For black metallic, 3.0, automatic, premium package, xenon, mats, roof bike racks, and all taxes/delivery fees (including 8.25% sales tax), we wrote a check for $45K even.
  • atortoroatortoro Member Posts: 13
    hello, did anyone purchased a 2.5 model and how much did you pay for it?? lease monthly payment would be appreciated too!
    thanks alot
  • a4s2000a4s2000 Member Posts: 9
    I just ordered my X3 2.5 tonight. Options: metallic paint, premium package, heated seats, privacy glass. List $37,645, paying $36,785. Not the best deal, I know, but I just wanted to get over with (actually got a quote on the same car for $300 less from a dealer about 20 miles away). I'm financing so don't know what leases are running now. Good luck.
  • atortoroatortoro Member Posts: 13
    Thank you a4s2000 for your help!
    enjoy your X3 =)
  • araccasiaraccasi Member Posts: 1
    i just bought an X3 2.5i, 6 speed, premium package, privacy glass, heated seats, leather seats with jet blak paint. The price was 35,525. The joke was, at first the dealer only gave me 880 off. I ended up getting 1570 off. That proves anyone can get a better deal than what is offered!
  • krsipykremekrsipykreme Member Posts: 7
    does anyone know of a website that posts the 2004 Model Year - X3 Confidential Wholesale Price info that details out the invoice prices for the following X3 US Model categories:

Base Price USA Port of Entry
    Base Price ED Price Munich Pick up
    Base Price Diplomatic USA Port of Entry

This document issued by BMW also includes option and package invoice prices.

Thanks much.
  • swede in spainswede in spain Member Posts: 2
    Hi aukema! To me it seems like you got a very good price indeed, may I ask where you bought it?

I'm a Swede currently living in Madrid, and I'm just about to by a X3 in the US and have it shipped over here. All in all, it's a lot cheaper than in Spain due to the €/$ exchange rates. Obviously I'd prefer to pick it up anywhere in Europe, but I didn't even know about the possibility of European Delivery. Is it available at any BMW dealer in the US?

Thanks for the help,

Magnus
  • bmwman2bmwman2 Member Posts: 12
    Swede in Spain,

The euro delivery is a great program! The problem that you will have is that it is only for USA customers.

Since the Euro BMW is sold my BMWAG and the USA version is sold by BMWNA, you will not have warranty coverage , except in the USA.

Other countries may have a euro delivery program... You may check with your local BMW Center.

Good luck !
  • swede in spainswede in spain Member Posts: 2
    I already checked that with BMW Iberica, and they told me that although I couldn't transfer the 4-year, no maintenance package to Spain, I could get the minimum 2-year warranty all new cars have over here.

My local BMW center wants me to pay 54.600€ (approx. $64.430!) for the version I'm interested in, and I've already got quotes from US dealers who offer the exact same vehicle for $37.000.

If on top of that I could have the car delivered in Europe under the ED program, I'd even save the freight cost from New York to Spain.

Even after adding the ridiculous taxes were forced to pay over here, the total price shouldn't come to more than $50.000. If I can have it delivered through the ED program, I could cut that to maybe $45.000, some $20k cheaper than over here...
  • tarheeltarheel Member Posts: 2
    We bought an X3 3.0 (black metallic; automatic; premium package; privacy glass; heated seats) and paid $39,995 before taxes/title.
  • shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    It's on a Web site that I think would be considered a competing forum so I can't post it here. Our host might be able to make the call...hint: it has the word "fest" in the url.

If I can't post the url, I'll see if I can find the numbers later this evening and I'll post them here.
  • ciaoo7ciaoo7 Member Posts: 2
    I will be ordering X3 before the end of the month.

This is last quote from the last dealership after 5 that i visited.

Let me know guys if this is a good deal.

Silver grey
    Leatherett
    Automatic
    panorama moonRoof
    heated Seats
    heated steering wheel
    BMW ASSIST
    SATELLITE PREP RADIO
    PRIVACY GLASS

msrp $41,920
    Dealer Price to me $38,500
    lease with/ 15,000 miles
    450.00 A month

Can anybody let me know if this is a good deal or not. Thank You
  • sup44sup44 Member Posts: 3
    According to my calculations using KBlueBook, your MSRP is $40,695. Not $41,920. Even with the adjustment of the MSRP you have a good deal if you are not putting more than $1,500 down. I would need to know what you are putting down to give my opinion. I use www.leaseguide.com for reference when leasing. The have a great lease kit.

I just started getting quotes today. I am turning in a 325cic and getting the X3 2.5 for the wife. So far, I have
    $490 a month
    12k miles a year
    $1,500 down.
    MSRP $40,970

This works out to about $1000 above invoice and $2,405 below MSRP.
  • parniparni Member Posts: 14
    HI Kyfdx,
    Thx for the quick reply, Can I just walk into any dealer and ask them to pull up a vehicle report based on the Vin? Also the delearship in question "advantage certified" tells me that they are the largest Independent dealer in the US. their website is www.onlybwms.com . Hev you come across them or has anyone else here?? Considering all else checks out (car and dealer) u think 1K below their asking will be a good deal? thx in advance
  • ciaoo7ciaoo7 Member Posts: 2
    X3 3.0i INVOICE RETAIL NEW CAR
    BLUE BOOK Invoice MSRP KBB
      0465 AWD Sport Utility 4D 38,425.00 41,920.00 41,082.00

I am only putting 800.00 down

I price all my otions i KBB.com

205 Automatic, 5-Speed w/Overdrive & Steptronic
    2.5i Includes 5049-lb GVWR. 1,210.00 1,275.00

402 Moon Roof, Power Panorama Glass
    (Std w/Premium Pkg-ZPP) 1,230.00 1,350.00

639 Communication System, BMW Assist
    (Std w/Premium Pkg-ZPP) (Req's Speed Control-249 on 2.5i) 685.00 750.00

761 Glass, Privacy 320.00 350.00

93 Radio P494 rep, Sirius 70.00 75.00

Seats, Heated Front
    (Std w/Cold Weather Pkg-ZCW) 455.00 500.00

248 Steering Wheel, Heated
    (N/A w/Sport Pkg-ZSP) (Req's Premium Pkg-ZPP or Speed Control-249 on 2.5i) 135.00 150.00

EXTERIOR COLORS
    (All Orders Must Code an Exterior Color)
      --- Gray, Silver Metallic
    (Req's an Interior Color) 430.00 475.00

EXTERIOR COLORS
    (All Orders Must Code an Exterior Color)
      --- Gray, Silver Metallic
    (Req's an Interior Color) 430.00 475.00
  • shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    Here you go:

U.S. Port of entry: 2.5 - $27,735 3.0 - $33,195
    Euro Delivery: 2.5 - $25,645 3.0 - $30,720
    Diplomatic U.S. Port of entry: 2.5 - $26,195 3.0 - $31,380

And just for kicks:
    Premium Package: $3,005 (2.5) $3,005 (3.0)
    Sport Package: $1,365
    Steptronic: $1,210
  • heather1heather1 Member Posts: 2
    We bought an X3.0i last night -- Silver Grey/Grey Leather, Cold Weather, Premium, Automatic, Servotronic, Rear Side Airbags, PDC & BMW Assist with rubber mats thrown in -- 41,900. Any thoughts?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Tell us the MSRP, and we may have many thoughts....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• heather1heather1 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 44,130.
  • jimbob533jimbob533 Member Posts: 17
    Obviously, those of you who waited until now to purchase an X3 are doing far, far better than those of us who purchased in January, February, and even early March. Then, none of us knew what the availability would be, and we were anxious - anxious enough to pay top dollar. Kudos to all of you!
    If that is the case .. great Deal !!!
    I lease for business purposes.. This is the deal I got..
    I got the dealership to buy my 325cic with 12k miles over the contracted lease and got out of it paying zero.

Now am leasing the 2.5 X3 for$490 a month for 39 months with $1500 down and 12k miles per year.

Silver Grey, Nav, prem pkg, cold pkg,etc(that add up to MSRP 40,895)

Works out to $2330 below MSRP.....

You calculate to be $2,230 below MSRP, which in my opinion is a Good Deal , provided you didn't put more then $1500 down.. congrates if that is the case!!!....
  • new2bmwnew2bmw Member Posts: 7
    Silver Gray Metallic / Gray Leather
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Automatic Tansmission
    Xenon Headlights
    Satellite Radio Prep
    Privacy Glass
    Dark Wood
    Destination Charge
    MSRP: 44,020.00

Paid: 40,540.00 + Tax and Tags for a total of
  • sheltonmegasheltonmega Member Posts: 9
    I wouldn't trade in six months of waiting researching shopping around for 3000 dollars. I have been waiting for my new X3 3.0 for two weeks, it's killing me.

Kudos to all of you who bought it early right from the parking lot.

BTW: It's reasonable now to get 3000 maybe more off but with lots of options.
  • kobraboykobraboy Member Posts: 2
    BMW is trying to make me lease a metallic black x3 3.0 with premium package, heated seats and privacy glass with 15,000 miles per year for 39 months.

I know that the car has been sitting on their parking lot since Feb/March 2004.

They said that they based the payment on selling price of $39,500. I calculated the invoice price to be $38,100.

How low do you think they will go?
  • kobraboykobraboy Member Posts: 2
    Also, they want me to put down $2500 + $500 sec dep
  • pipopipo Member Posts: 36
    This is the deal I'm getting on a Manual 2.5.

If you get a 3.0 Automatic, BMW is giving $1210 to the dealer, so your purchase price/cap cost should be that much lower. Basically, you get a free Automatic. Additionally, the money factor on leases for the 3.0 is an even more attractive .00150. Translation: It would have cost me $25 more per month to get the 3.0.

MSRP: 39830
    Cap Cost: 38085 (including mats)
    Residual: 24694.60 (62%)
    Depreciation: 13390.40
    343.34 + 109.86 = 453.20
    5% tax = 22.66
    Monthly Payment = 475.86
    Net Cash at Delivery = 1168.36 (first month's payment + security deposit + doc fees + acquisition fee - deposit; 475.86 + 500 + 167.50 + 525 - 500)
    Money Factor: .00175
    Mileage: 10000
  • dbacksfan1dbacksfan1 Member Posts: 12
    Earlier this month I leased a 3.0 with MSRP of 39,970 (auto, moonroof, privacy glass). The cap cost was 36,450. The dealer included floor mats and front window tinting (a must in Arizona heat) at no charge.

Here's my 39-month lease w/12k miles per year:
    - MF: 1.9 (high; but I'm comfortable with that since I got such a good deal on front-end)
    - Residual: 61%
    - Acquisition fee rolled into lease.

My monthly payments are $449 plus tax (7.7%).
    I paid doc fee, first payment, and license fee (outrageous in AZ) totalling just over $1900. No down payment or cap reduction was required.

In addition, I'm getting $500 from BMW CCA.

All in all, a very good deal (I think).

BTW, I'm very pleased with my SAV. I'm coming out of a Lexus GS400. The only thing I really miss is the smooth quiet power and sweet sounding Nakamichi stereo system. But, I'm very happy I made the move.

Good luck in your BMW hunt.
  • boeingairboeingair Member Posts: 6
    Hello All,

First of all, thank you for reading this, and for any information you may have. I tend to get a bit long-winded at times.

We are considering leasing a new X3 2.5i (we think), with not a lot of options. We could consider a 3.0i, because I thought I read that the leases are more competitive, but I suppose a 2.5i would be cheaper. We probably have 2-3k drive off to work with, and maybe 350-375 monthly. We don't need a lot of options, only automatic and metallic paint. Heated seats and moonroof would be nice, as would be leather, but payment is more important.

Here's where it gets more complex. We are currently 2 years into a 4 year lease on a VW Jetta 1.8t automatic sedan. Using edmunds dealer trade in, we are $2,000 upside down, private party we are $1,000. We would like to get a different car, because the Jetta back seat is too small. We could roll the negative equity into the X3, which I know is a bad idea, but could be compensated by the savings off sticker price?

What do you guys think? Is this possible?

Thank you so much!

-boeingair
  • kirkd1kirkd1 Member Posts: 24
    first time leasee
    msrp $38,670
    agreed value $36,470 plus acq fee $725
    residual value after 39 mo 10k mi year $23,975
    total of payments $18,537.52
    $5000 downstroke
    $347.04 mo X38 mo
    (this doesn't add up? but i thought it works)

(does that tell it all i couldn't find the mf i think it was 1.5 with no deposit)

I still need to know if anyone is losing their wheels to theft..............should i buy wheel locks?
  • ckbckb Member Posts: 2
    I am trying out an X3 3.0 with an MSRP of $45,445. They have offered $1500 of the MSRP (1000 + 500 for the sports pkg which I didn't want). Can someone tell me if this is a good price or should I keep looking. I live in Florida and have noticed prices seem to vary by geographic area. The sound system upgrade was important to me but not the sports package. The dealer said they couldn't locate any cars in country with the sound but not sports package. I am comparing it with an RX330 (2WD)
    The car is:
    Titanium silver with black leather
    premium pkg.
    sports pkg.
    automatic trans.
    Xenon lights
    premium sound system
    satellite radio prep
    privacy glass
    destination charge (695)
  • steves1steves1 Member Posts: 1
    Good Evening,

I know everything is life is negotiable to some degree, but has anyone been able to negotiate the price of a BMW X3 with European delivery or is it a fixed price which is the same regardless of the dealer you order through? That's what my local dealer is telling me, but it never hurts to check.

Thanks, Steve S.
    Your payment should be more like $270 per month plus tax. The current money factor (I'm told by the dealer where I'm leasing my X3) is .00110.
    You can do better. BMW is not taking orders for any more 2004s, so you'll have to buy off the lot or have your dealer find you a vehicle from another dealer.
  • kirkd1kirkd1 Member Posts: 24
    saw a later post of yours at a higher rate (.00175) than you posted here. have you been able to straightened that out?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I'm trying to make your numbers work.. I'll just assume that your $5K down includes your first payment and security deposit. Then, if your payment includes taxes, it seems about right, assuming a money factor of around .0015-.0018

This really doesn't seem to be that great of a deal.. The only positive thing that I can see is the 62% residual is pretty strong for a 39 month lease, but that is set by BMWFS and the dealer has nothing to do with it.

1) The $2K off MSRP is okay.
    2) At $725, the dealer is padding the acq.fee by $200.
    3) I don't know what the correct MF is, but since they are padding the acq.fee, then I'm assuming they are padding the MF by the maximum of .0004 (costing you about $25/mo.)
    4) I strongly encourage you not to make any cap cost reduction (downpayment) on the lease. Leave your $4300 or $5000 or whatever in the bank. For the minimal amount of interest you will save, you will lose the entire amount if your car is stolen or totaled in an accident. With the deal you are getting, that will move your payment up in the $470 range, but that would be with only first payment and security deposit due at signing.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yes. BMW is offering lower money factors now than it was in June. My dealer told me that the money factor will be .00090 instead of .00175. They didn't say anything about the residual, so I'm assuming it will stay the same at 62% for a 39 month lease (10000 miles per year).

The only thing I haven't really gotten a bead on is how steeply this vehicle is being discounted currently. My price is $1740 off MSRP.
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    "I strongly encourage you not to make any cap cost reduction (downpayment) on the lease. Leave your $4300 or $5000 or whatever in the bank. For the minimal amount of interest you will save, you will lose the entire amount if your car is stolen or totaled in an accident. "

I am not sure about that. I believe you'll get the difference (cost to replace the car at retail price including tax minus the payoff amount). I was sent a check when one of my leased car was totaled. I agree with you that putting as little as possible down is the way to go but you don't lose that much by putting more down.
    Car_man, who hosts a leasing forum on this site, says:

"It is definitely not in your best interest to make a down payment when leasing. I always advise consumers against doing so for two main reasons. The first is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease term, your insurance company pays off the bank that you are leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So this vehicle's purchase price at the end of your lease would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $2,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all."
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    Interesting but I don't get it. I would agree that putting nothing down is a good idea when the money factor is very low but how do you lose the big down payment? Whatever you put down reduces your monthly payment. Of course the lease-end purchase price is constant no matter how much you put down. But the payoff amount should be lower from the beginning. If your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease term, your insurance company figures out the cost to replace the vehicle at retail price + tax and other costs. Then subtracts the payoff amount due to the bank. Then sends you the difference. At least that's how I got my check after they've payed off the bank. Don't get me wrong, I generally don't put anything down unless I want to lower the monthly payment to a level I am comfortable with. I just didn't get the math here.