Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Xterra Prices Paid & Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    suvontsuvont Member Posts: 1
    Anyone from Canada on this forum? Curious what prices have been paid for '08 OR or S?
  • Options
    jms703jms703 Member Posts: 3
    In the SF Bay Area in California, I bought the following: (invoice prices shown)

K26-Z 2008 Nissan Xterra A/T Off Road $25,714.00
    T01 Technology Package $1,258.00
    S01 Side and Curtain Air Bags Package $607.00
    W94 Tow Package $360.00
    K92 Protection Package $143.00
    F95 Adjustable Cargo Organizer $114.00
    L92 Floor Mats $83.00
    F96 Retractable Cargo Cover $63.00
    Destination Charge $745.00
    VEHICLE TOTAL (invoice) $29,087.00

I followed the advice from http://www.fightingchance.com (packet of customized info costs $39.99) and paid $28,200 ($884 UNDER INVOICE).

I opted for the 1.9% financing, instead of the $2500 rebate.
  • Options
    sgshndssgshnds Member Posts: 8
    Any thoughts on the base XE package (central VA) and price at $11,995? Also, any advice on it being underpowered or does the gear ratio compensate (5 speed)? Any other advice on Xterra would be appreciated (reliability, quirks, etc) - I currently own a 96 XE Pickup and loved it since the day I brought it home . . . need a dog taxi but don't want to pay tooo much! THX in advance!
  • Options
    jms703jms703 Member Posts: 3
    Unfortunately, many people will not find much of the information in this forum because the search tool is horribly broken. I just tried to search for "2008 xterra off road" and ZERO results were returned. This page alone contains a number of matches.

To search through these forums, use google like this:

site:http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/ 2008 xterra off road

This will limit your search to these forums and search for the terms "2008", "xterra", "off", and "road".
  • Options
    gobogobo Member Posts: 4
    DC Metro area here; Just bought an S with manual trans using autobytel.
    Researched prices with Consumer Reports, got a quote from a dealer within a couple hours of my request. Quote seemed reasonable to me at $21450 so I went to the dealer and was out the door with my new S in about 2 hours. Great experience - particularly when compared with my last purchase! I recommend autobytel without reservation.
  • Options
    mchspd1mchspd1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi looking to get a new 2008 Xterra SE 4x2 with all the options

MSRP is $29,350

Offer from Dealer is $24,355 +ttl

This offer is inclusive of the $2500 Rebate. Do you think there is any more room to go down? This was just a couple of emails worth of effort. Another dealer with similar vehicle (just different color) gave higher offer on first try.

Thanks for your input! :shades:
  • Options
    Closed the deal for the loaded out 08 Xterra SE today, walked out for 24,500 + tt&l inclusive of the rebate. I was told that this deal cut into the dealer holdback and that the vehicle was there for 6 months. The other dealer I was working with told be to buy it there if it was true! I sure did. Drove it for 100 miles, great improvements over my old 2000 Xterra SE but still need to improve the brakes and the easy scratches on the inside.
  • Options
    marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Yes that is not a bad deal. How do you like the truck so far. I no there will alwas be inprovements for any car never will be just rite no sutch thing haha lol. Slo I am looking for a yello s moddle any interior collor. how is the paint on your truck. also I want to hear from anyone elce how there paint is dooing like sum one with a 2005 or older one. I am now going threw the proses of getting dealer bids now from about 50 dealers all in new York state nj Pa. I might go with fits Mall in Pa they told me $21000 for s x moddle sorry about that ment x not s. I am not shore tho might try for s that one was $23000 this place really has good Prices will keep you guys updated. Not a bad truck grate truck. Talk later on guys sorry about my spelling and thankyou for reading my posting Marco
  • Options
    hawi7hawi7 Member Posts: 12
    I have an 06 Offroad 4X2 as well and I share your frustration with the stock stereo and lack of 4x4 here in Hawaii. Where do you live? Im in Waikiki.
  • Options
    thankyou for letting us no in the state whair you live there is no 4x4 avalabal and the stearo is not good they dont offer the upgraded one keep us updated on anything that Nissan might offer that is differant. so your truck is a 2006 what color do you love it it is a grate truck. I am stll looking for a yellow one not rushing at all. thankyou for reading.
  • Options
    I have a black 4X2 and love it. I replaced the factory stereo with one from Crutchfield and am happy about it. I dont care about having 4x4 here in Hawaii. Finding an offroad model new is hard. There are some used ones around. Check Autotrader.com.
  • Options
    denkostdenkost Member Posts: 1
    We're in California and my wife and I just bought a brand new 2008 Xterra S V6 4X2 with floor mats for $19150 out the door!!

Now's the time to buy your SUV if you don't mind the gas prices.
  • Options
    yes you are so rite What color is your truck what color interior did you get. Hear in New York they have the x moddle at one dealer for $17000 and the s moddle for around what you are saying maby little less. over all you guys got a grate deal good luck with it what dealer did you guys bye the truck from and how was the byeing prosese. thankyou for reading.
  • Options
    hebrewhammerhebrewhammer Member Posts: 34
    I just wanted to tell everyone that A LOT of dealers are offering a flat 40% of MSRP on new Frontiers, Armadas, Quests, Xterras and Titans.

No, I am not making this up. There are ads all over the place, from New Jersey to Kentucky to California.

Example: http://www.glennnissan.com/nissan/share/specials.php
  • Options
    hogan46hogan46 Member Posts: 7
    I saw an ad today in the Chicago suburban newspaper NW Herald for Liberty Nissan in Lake County, 920 S. Milwaukee Avenue:

$15,864 Titan 4x4 - Model #31418, Stk. #28930/28931
    $15,626 Quest - Model #10218, Stk.#28932/28933
    $15,690 Xterra 4X4 - Model #04818, Stk.#28699/28698
    $19,294 Pathfinder 4x4 - Model 09618, Stk.#28756/28757

www.libertyautoplaza.com
  • Options
    dzubadzuba Member Posts: 159
    Considering buying this for my 16yr old...........w/94K miles on it for 5K. Not sure if I will as it does not have side air bags. I used to have a 98 Maxima that ran forever and was very reliable. Any thoughts on the reliability of this model, and specific issues/parts inherent to the 03 Xterra?
  • Options
    not a bad price the milage is good not to bad. if you wher to get one with a bit lower miles would pay alot mor. not a bad truck would get it if I wher you. Yea I no no side air bags think about it let us no what happens thanks for reading Marco.
  • Options
    stephanie2167stephanie2167 Member Posts: 15
    My husband and I are looking at the Xterra S 4x4 Automatic. We are in So. Cal. Any ideas what a good price for this is right now?
  • Options
    jdaves4jdaves4 Member Posts: 1
    Picked up my X 4x4 today in Virginia for $18,400 that included $1000 for T, T & T. There was a 33% off MSRP from dealers in Richmond that my local dealer met. It is suppose to be a national offer, but not all dealers are displaying it on websites. Good for all Truck-model cars. The special ends Saturday 8/16. Look at www.penceauto.com then click on Nissan link and information about special will appear. Call your locals and see if they'll match.
  • Options
    akrazakraz Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying 2008 Off-Road Nissan Xterra it has the Technology package and the Tow package. The dealer is asking for $22K +tax+fees. Any ideas if this will be a good deal.
  • Options
    wheepgwwheepgw Member Posts: 3
    I'm thinking about buying the exact same vehicle. The price you've been quoted seems good to me. It's a lot better than what I'm getting in West Texas. Which dealership are you talking with?
  • Options
    Hello, congrats on your new Xterra. Which model is that, x, s, se, offroad?
  • Options
    xtierraxtierra Member Posts: 55
    after going around in circles with a lot of dealerships, the best dealer i found was the tustin nissan, estela hernett is the internet sales department and the prices they offered me where true with all incentives subtracted for a great final price. i did check in san diego mossy but they simply would not negociate. to give you an idea of those insane prices check www.powernissanaz.com i cant believe these prices... good luck.....
  • Options
    yes guys that is a verry good price let us no if eather one of you guys byes it and what color the byeing prosese how that whent thanks for reading Marco.
  • Options
    muzgamuzga Member Posts: 1
    I just got my 08 Xterra S 4x4 for $18,300 including TTL. This is my first new car.
  • Options
    dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    People: Please post your purchase price without your local TTL, it makes no sense to anyone because TTL is different in every city, county, and state.

That being said, I just bought a 2008 Xterra "X" model 4x2 6 speed manual, MSRP was 22,100. Out the door was 14,300 including dealer installed bluetooth and window etching. TTL brought the price to 15,900 in California.

The vehicle is really fun to drive and is quiet and comfortable on the hiway. These are awesome deals. I know gas prices may go up but the 2wd models actually get pretty good MPG. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    bucksnort1bucksnort1 Member Posts: 7
    15.630 for a X Auto 4WD + doc fees and TTL
    Dealer claimed he was losing money
  • Options
    That's a great deal, congrats! How do you like your new X? I guess the big sales mostly ended yesterday so not sure deals like this will ever be had again, at least on Nissan SUVs.
  • Options
    Love it. Coming from a 99' Caravan. The power difference is eye opening. About 10-15 years behind the rest of the crowd on getting a SUV. Really could've used it 3 weeks ago on the Outer Banks to go fishing at the "Point". That's what next year is for I guess. Not as much inside cargo room as the van with the seats out but the roof rack and tow hitch carrier will make up.

One issue on the way home as the VDC light came on. Friday the dealer will look at it. Can't wait to bling it out
  • Options
    That's great. Agree, this would make a great outer banks rig! Wow, I just checked the MSRP on the X auto 4x4, it is about 3 grand more than the 2wd 6 speed, and considering you paid only about 1300 more than me, you definitely got the deal of the century (about 10 grand off MSRP?)! Did you negotiate that or was it a newspaper ad? On mine, it was a newspaper ad in the LA times, with no negotiation. Good find!!
  • Options
    good price maby could have done a bit bettor but you got alot of money off the sticker price grate truck you will love it keep us updated on how it gos thanks so mutch for responding have a verry good day Marco.
  • Options
    xtierraxtierra Member Posts: 55
    wow, just read that nissan out performed other manufacturers last month.... i guess it had to do with the incredible deals that they gave to the consumers... i checked and found that last months deals are up 3,000 dollars... i hope to see those amazing deals around december....
  • Options
    oukid2oukid2 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a dealer that has done them right on an Xterra SE. Best price I've got so far is $25,900. Any help?
  • Options
    that is not a bad price yea I no last munth nissan was offering alot mor Money off I hope in oct nissan brings back those grate deals they will real soon it is Only a mattor of when and nissan makes sutch grate prodicts verry long lasting and grate not just saying that. keep us updated thanks so mutch Marco have a verry good day.
  • Options
    is nissan offering an;y grate deals in oct if so pleas let us all no thanks so mutch marco.
  • Options
    has anyone baught the 2009 exterra and if so how do you like it pleas tell us what moddle you got thanks for reading have a real grate day Marco.
  • Options
    I purchased a 08 Xterra SE 4X2 MSRP 29350 and got a deal for 24000 + TTL back in March 08. If you are still looking for an 08, try Robbins in Humble TX. They may still have a 08 SE in stock. This is my second X, my first was a 2000 and the new 08 is leaps and bounds better. Only thing is it is a great personal vehicle, small but spacious, not the most comfortable family long hauler. But a great engine and priced better than the competition. Best of luck.
  • Options
    hey sorry for the late responce have not bin in this foram since oct now it is jan. so you got a real grate deal on it what color did you get and how do you like it so far. yes the 2000 to 2004 was a grate one also but the 2005 to current is a bet bettor would have boath of them if I could. only problem I no they have is if you have a manuall trans one the clutch on sum of them is whairing early shore now there is a recall or teckoniall sarvase bulitton on that now have not had the time to look on nissan help.com or ask any dealers so few and anyway you have an auto trans one so no nead to worry. will have to look at that dealer will look at the websight thanks for the information. yes nissan makes grate cars and trucks that last and last not just saying that thankyou so mutch for reading my posting marco.
  • Options
    yarballyarball Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, having a hard time believing you on that price. That's about $10,000 under the MSRP. Did you trade something in to get to that price?
  • Options
    Where did you get that price???? Having a hard time believing that one!
  • Options
    $27,255 - $2500- $500 = $24,255 not $21,945. So the dealer came down another $2,310 on top of the $3,000 in rebates? Where did you buy this truck?
  • Options
    Best price I found in NJ on a 2008 Xterra 4x4 S model with floor mats as the only option ($115.00) is $23,400 if I finance it myself. It would be $26,400 if I take the 0.9% financing currently being offered by Nissan instead of the $3,000 cash-back. Sticker price is $27,505. Has anyone realistically done better than this? Please include details in reply. (Obviously this price is before TTL.)
  • Options
    no trade. wrote out a check, $17K with tax OTD. Sorry if you don't believe it. I walked onto thee lot and told him flat out I would buy if it was 10K off.
  • Options
    Believe it! There were a few people (myself included) that were at the right place at the right time because last fall for a month or two, Nissan was pushing all it's truck stock at all cost to reduce inventory. I think they were giving dealers who sold so many of them like a 500,000 incentive so the dealers were moving the trucks at a loss (14000 for Titans was common).
  • Options
    suppose I could scan my bill of sale for the non-believers. Nissan had a $5K incentive to dealers, and the dealers may or may not have applied this or pocketed it themselves. This was on top of a $3K rebate. The other 2 was just smart negotiating
  • Options
    Was the 5000 publicized? I didn't know it was per vehicle, I though it was some huge sum of money to just get rid fo the remaining trucks or something like that. If so then they still made some money on my deal (not that I'm complaining)...
  • Options
    hoyhoy Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Are you around columbus? I am very interested in that deal. More deals?

which dealer? car deatures? total OOD price?

thanks a lot
  • Options
    Actually, I would love to see the bill of sale or any other details you'ld be willing to post. Sorry if I sounded unbelieving, but that is an unbelievable deal. I'm hoping to get an '08 S model 4x4 this weekend in NJ with the 1.9% financing offered by Nissan. I will gladly post all details if and when I buy one. We should all stick together by giving each other as much solid buying/selling info. as possible.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Anyone interested in the deal I got and want to see my B.O.S. email me at bobdean100@yahoo.com
  • Options
    This deal was only going on July/august 08. I f you missed it go to slickdeals.com and search Nissan. There had to be over 60 pages talking about the deals peeps got across the country.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=875910&highlight=nissan