Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Just email me or call in.
  • Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Been awhile since I posted...some of you thought I may have gone away...but I'm still here. 15 years in the business and 5 years as General Sales Manager at the largest Infiniti dealership west of the Mississippi!

Current Incentives for G's...

2011 - all have 1.9% for 66 months or 2.9% for up to 72 months
    G25: $500 or the rate ($1250 IF you lease)
    G37 sedan: $1500 with the rate or $2000 without ($2750 IF you lease)
    G37 coupe: $1000 with the rate or $2000 without
    Convertible: $1000 with the rate or $2000 without

In Texas: No sales tax IF you lease on the G25 or G37 sedan - NICE :D

2012 - all have 1.9% for 36 or 2.9% for up to 72
    G25: $500 or rate
    G37 sedan: $1500 with the rate
    G37 coupe: $500 with the rate or $1000 without
    Convertible: $1000 with the rate or $1500 without

As for the dealer discount - on the remaining 2011 - most dealers will discout it about 7% (maybe the full 8%) and sell it for close to or at invoice! For the 2012, most dealers will discount about 5-6%, if we can make several hundred over invoice then we will do the deal. :)

Since Nov 1 - the G25, coupe, and convertible have been slow but the G37 sedan are selling like crazy! Hope this helps.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,442
    Hey there. I'm not sure if you've ever checked out "Stories from the Sales Frontlines.". We'd love to hear some of your "war stories" over there.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    jlf278jlf278 Member Posts: 2
    that's a slick deal. details please!
  • Options
    texasplaythintexasplaythin Member Posts: 9
    I live in TX and am aware of sales tax credits. What are chances of me getting following deal on G 25x (esp. as not selling briskly) in Dec.. I have no problem with a loaner, etc.

Please contact by email only.

MSRP: 37675
    CAP: 33000
    RES: 61% (12k miles)
    MF: .00061
    TERM: 36 months
    TAXES: None - tax credits
    PAYMENT: $277.14
    Nothing down except first months payment and $200-300 for title/registration.

If this is feasible, looking to pull trigger in next couple days.
  • Options
    blukieteblukiete Member Posts: 2
    What I found is residual for the 2011 G37 sedan is 52% much lower than 2012 one. If the sale price is a couple of thousand dollar less for 2011, does it make sense to lease a 2011 instead of 2012?
  • Options
    wexy99wexy99 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2011
    So I've been shopping around for my 1st lease.... Here is what I have come up with here in NY

2012 G37x Performance
    MSRP 41,405
    Cost 36,771
    Money factor(whatever that is :) ) .00063
    Residual 70%
    12k miles per year
    $1000 down
    $1950 at signing (taxes and such)
    + registration/plates approx $220

$276/month for 24 months

Again.. i am a newbie and have no idea if this is a good deal.. Any thoughts on how i can do better or if this is a good deal are certainly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    lyakirlyakir Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2011
    wexy99,

does the $1950 include the $1000 down, or it is $2950 at signing?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry.... 2950 at signing... 1950 + 1000 down.. and it is for the g37x premium.. not performance as I originally posted.

they also offered

24 month w 10k miles w $1950 at signing for $299. (but i thought i could swing the additional 1,000 out of pocket to bring the monthly payment down)

thanks
  • Options
    rc214luvrc214luv Member Posts: 4
    Hi. The best I got out of the dealer in round 1 of my first leasing experience here in NY was $355 for 39 mos. on the 2012 Infiniti G37x AWD with navi, sport and premium packages. with $5000 down upon signing. Where should I go from there…the selling price on paper was 42,895 and they didn't wanna budge from there
  • Options
    poelsypoelsy Member Posts: 12
    Maybe I am calculating something wrong, but based off the inputs you gave for the 12k mile, 24mo lease, I am seeing a payment of $323 per month. But, compared to invoice, your price is great. And the money factor is pretty low. Just do some Google searches to make sure you are getting the "base rate".

This is just me speaking regarding the cap cost reduction ($1000), but I would prefer to hold the money and have a slightly higher payment. Namely becuase if you pull off the lot and someone totals your car, you will not get that money back (it's just pre-paying your lease). Since you are only paying approximatly 1.5% in financing fees (money factor x 24 gives you an approximate interest rate), you could just hold that in a high yielding savings account and recoup the costs.

Have them quote you a 12k, 24mo lease with $0 down (you still pay TTL up front depending on state laws). That way you can easily compare the 10k and 12k mile leases to see if you want to pay the extra miles fee per month (you wont get anything back if you are way under your miles at the end FYI) Just my two cents. Best of luck. The G is a great ride!!
  • Options
    Have you checked the Edmunds TMV on that car for your area? By me it is estimated at 41,700. Maybe it's more by you? What is the money factor they are quoting you?

5k down?? Plus TTL? I would never put that much money down on a lease. Look into doing multiple security deposits to buy down the MF. Those are at least refundable.

Check out the website "truecar" as well for additional comparison shopping. They can give you additional quotes from local dealers. Now that you have test driven the car too, just send out some emails to other dealers in your area and get the deal done via email.
  • Options
    12k.. 24 mon with 0 down was quoted at $320/mth...

I totally get not putting the additional 1000 down since it will be lost if the car it totaled before the end of the lease..

for some reason tho.... psychologically... $276/mth makes me feel better eventhough I am paying an additional 1k up front.. I know its not logical.. but just is.
  • Options
    If you feel better making the lower payment every month, then you need to do what makes you feel best. At the end of the day both methods will boil down to about the same cost to you (assuming no crazy drivers get in your way lol).

I still can't arrive at that payment they quoted for you unless I make the MF 0. So, from what I can see it appears to be a good deal.

BTW, I am jealous of how cheap your registration fees are in NY!! 220 per year is a steal for a brand new G.
  • Options
    rc214luvrc214luv Member Posts: 4
    Thanks G. I ended up with a $289 a month lease for 39 months on a
    Moonlight White 2012 INFINITI G37xS SEDAN w/Premium, Navi and sport packages

MSRP – $43,690
    Sale Price – $39,795 ($1000 loyalty + $1000 lease cash)
    Monthly – $289
    Residual 58% .00074 Base Rate

also traded in my car towards all fees due at signing and first month payment which totaled $4688. So i'm getting a check for 1,500 back. No out of pocket my old 2003 honda trade-in covered everything
  • Options
    Congrats on the new ride!!
  • Options
    twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Finally made a deal at the end of November and wanted to see what people think:

2012 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey w/ Nav, Prem, Ill Kickplates, Cargo net

msrp: $45230
    gross cap: 42332

39 mos, 10k miles

Also got windows tinted and Elite Maintenance, which covers all maintenance for 45K miles.

$924 OTD
    $459.55/mo inc all taxes (in CA)

I'm in LA.

Been driving the car a month and love it!!
  • Options
    die4valordie4valor Member Posts: 32
    2012 with premium & nav:
    $1700 down
    $389/month for 39 months including tax
    10k/year

as an employee of a Nissan/Inifiniti partner company, i qualify for the Nissan/Inifiniti Vehicle Purchase Program.

based on the quotes i've seen here + the VPP program, this still seems very high to me. thoughts?
  • Options
    die4valordie4valor Member Posts: 32
    ***Update***

just got a quote from a dealer in brooklyn:
    2012 G37x + Nav & Premium
    $321/mo for 36 months
    $1170 at inception which includes 1st payment, bank fee and taxes
    does not include plating b/c i'm in NJ

does this sound legitimate?
  • Options
    d_nyholmd_nyholm Member Posts: 80
    Why would you be getting different prices if the price of the car is set by VPP? You should be getting exact same quotes from both dealers since the price, residunal, ad money factor are all the same. One of them is probably playing games but you won't know without knowing what numbers they are using for those 3 variables. Get those numbers and get back to us.
  • Options
    midnightvandalmidnightvandal Member Posts: 4
    infinti of Ardmore in PA
  • Options
    ask for the GM at infinti or ardmore in PA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I called legends leasing the name in NY and then used there best quote to negotiate an even better in my town in PA. I paid 1540 Out of pocket 340 a month and its fully loaded even got them to throw in tint and oil change at no cost.
  • Options
    surge1surge1 Member Posts: 8
    Actually forgot all about this forum, and wished I would've checked this before. but wanted to share my experience for others:

g37x AWD 2012 -
    $380 / month for 24 months, premium and navigation package, illuminated kick plates, trunk mat, trunk net, first aid kit, 10k miles a year, all taxes rolled in.

out the door: 1st month (380) + registration (240) + 95 (some fee).

this is in NYC, directly from dealership. I think these deals are ending this month, so if you are shopping for a xmas present...now is the time. think i could've had them throw in a window tint without a problem, but forgot to ask. did get a 1k oil change for free.
  • Options
    Could you please tell us which dealership you got this deal at?
  • Options
    I thought in new york you couldn't roll the sales tax into the lease and it was due up front?
  • Options
    dub3zdub3z Member Posts: 1
    How many months are in the terms of your lease? Does the $340 include PA tax? That dealership is in my neighborhood and I'd love to pick one up for the holiday.
  • Options
    bones12060bones12060 Member Posts: 6
    Ive been reading this forum for awhile.Getn ready to make deal.heres what ive been offered after negotiating thru phone and email:gonna go next week to see if its for real.Im gonna get a 2012 g37x with prem/nav.heres what i got them too.39 month msrp 43435 tax and fees up front if i want-nys tax 1242,1st month 324 ,doc fee 75, bank fee 700 ,gov fee 12.50.total down if i want is 2300.what do you guys think.Im trading in an 06 g35x that i bought from them so there giving loyalty money towards lease and a big check for trade in,opinions,what do you think.
  • Options
    accohn12accohn12 Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up a 2012 G37X (Blue Slate w/ Charcoal) w/ Premium, Nav, Sport...MSRP was $44,405. I don't recall the exact numbers, but the idea of it is as follows:
    39 mo. lease = $0 down, approx $1400 out the door, 12K/yr, $412/month incl MA Sales Tax (6.25%). I didn't have Infiniti Lease Loyalty ($1,000), but my trade-in was valued at $1,000 more than my p/o, so that exactly balanced it out.

So far I LOVE the car. The Sport Pkg IMO makes this car SO much more of a "looker".
  • Options
    Hey. What was the negotiated purchase price on that deal? Take it you got the base money factor?
  • Options
    amoszkowiczamoszkowicz Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I was curious about the no sales tax if you lease in texas. Is that from a texas dealership or just registering the car in texas? thanks
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You have to be a resident of Texas
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    dtawildtawil Member Posts: 20
    Hello everyone, I'm about to to turn in my 08 g35x and get into a new g37x lease. I considered purchasing my vehicle out right but current deal I was offered was too good to pass up. $309 for a 24 month, 10k miles, with premium package. 0 down, price includes taxes. My question is does Infinite offer any loyalty offers for returning leases? I know they give $500 credit for damages, but are there any other incentives?
  • Options
    What numbers are they using to get your lease deal? MSRP, selling price, Money factor, residual, cap cost reduction, fees, etc... Can't tell you if it is a good deal unless you give us that.
  • Options
    brl72brl72 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2011
    Just got back from a dealership in NY and have the following deal on the table for a 2011 G37 AWD sedan, sport appearance edition:

Sales Price: $42,390.00
    Negotiated Sales Price: $37,103.05
    zero down
    residual 52%
    money factor .0004
    taking back my 2008 g35 a month early and making my final payment of $449.00

39 months for $425.00 per month.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,442
    Just a thought. Your '08 G35 might be worth more than it's residual value. You might have some equity in it & worth more than the last payment. Check its value over on Real World Trade In Values. If it is worth more than the residual, maybe you can trade in (and walk out of the dealership with a check) instead of just turning it in. Just a thought.

nice car you are getting and a great price too!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Is that "0 down" a sign and drive deal where the TTL fees are rolled into the lease? If yes, then the deal is very good. If you are paying the TTL then the deal isn't that amazing. The negioated price is good, don't get me wrong, but it is pretty much the Edmunds TMV price for what the car should be selling.
  • Options
    jms493jms493 Member Posts: 18
    $935 Down Payment
    $1,065 Fees and 1st month payment
    $385 a Month
    39 Mo, 12K a year

MSRP - $41,405
    Agreed Value - $36,735

They also took my 2009 AUDI A4 lease off my hands with 5 payments left totaling $2,450, which was surprising. I could have gotten a lower payment if I didn't have the AUDI. I am saving $105 less a month. The G37 is a really nice car and I love having that lower payment.

Not the greatest deal but they were real aggressive with the price and was not going to let me leave.
  • Options
    suberman1suberman1 Member Posts: 8
    I am planning to lease and 2012 G37x or a G25x for 15k miles per year for 36/39 months.

I need your help to get the Money factor and residual in NY. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    bluesmannbluesmann Member Posts: 1
    Can CAR MAN or anyone else help out with the current residual and money factor on a 2012 G37x AWD 15k miles/year, 36 months

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    mn11025mn11025 Member Posts: 5
    I just leased a 2012 G37x premium car in NY. MSRP was 41585. Negotiated selling price was 35600. 24 month lease (which I absolutely love short term leases), 10k/yr, 2000 out of pocket including sales tax in NY, BF, 1st month, dmv. Monthly payment is 289. I think I got a great payment. Let me know what you think & if anyone needs the dealer info.
  • Options
    mn11025, great deal,

please share the dealer you got this from
  • Options
    lostdutchmanlostdutchman Member Posts: 12
    I would also be interested in the dealership's name. I am about to purchase also. Sounds like a great deal.
  • Options
    zonemgrzonemgr Member Posts: 3
    A dealer in Ohio made a lease offer that I think may be too good to be true. Please tell me what you guys think as I intend to commit to the agreement next week.

The deal:
    2012 G37x, Premium Pkg, Kick Plates, Trunk carpet & net, First Aid Kit
    MSRP = $41,405
    Infiniti Vehicle Purchase Program - "C" pricing, which reflects dealer invoice price, not dealer cost
    Capitalization Cost = $34,787
    12,000 miles per year on a 24 month lease
    $359 per month with $746 due at inception; taxes, tags and registration included
  • Options
    Not at all too good tobee true. I have a similar deal on a similar car except with the addition of sport package and also getting it 16 months ago :) I did 39 months, 12k/year, VPP A plan and pay $371/month with $500 down. Now, the residual and money factor are different, but your price is not unheard of.
  • Options
    Can I publicly post the dealership info?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,551
    Sure....

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    zonemgrzonemgr Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your input d. nyholm. I am very excited to experience what appears to be the perfect car for those who seek exceptional handling, precise steering and great acceleration in a sedan. I rented a G37 sedan last summer out of Las Vegas for one week and was won over by how easily I adapted to the car; location of the controls, obtaining the correct position for the steering wheel and visibility.
  • Options
    Ok. I leased from Infiniti of Manhasset in long island ny. Hope the info helps others looking for this car.
  • Options
    bones12060bones12060 Member Posts: 6
    I also leased my g37x from manhasset.Hands down they are great to work with,They didnt play games with the price, got right down to it.This is my second car purchase from them.I got an 2012 g37x with prem/nav/wood accents/illuminated kick plates for 324 a month.I only payed bank fees and taxes up front.i went right before new years so they were looking to move cars.I traded in my 06 g35x with 70000 miles i know i took a bit of a loss on trade in(not to bad though gave me 500 less than what i was looking for) but im extremely happy with new car.Same car dealer in nj wanted over 125 dollars more a month,i told them what i could get from manhasset and they were emailing me saying they would match,but by then i didnt trust them anymore.