Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi harvetek. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2011 G37 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 FX35 RWD are .00130 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hey jsdilops. The numbers that you were quoted are right on the money.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi xclb. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money. A selling price of $1,500 under invoice is excellent as well. If you like this car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Yes, madd66, IFS has published its October lease program. You can see my previous several posts for an idea of what it is like. If you have a specific vehicle other than one that I have mentioned in mind let me know.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,533
    2011 G37X AWD w/premium and sport package..

They are pushing 39 month leases, so I'm going to assume that is the sweet spot.. 12K/yr, please.. MF and residual percentage?

Also, any lease cash for the dealer?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    felly02felly02 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a sanity check:

2011 G37x Premium package, no nav
    Sales price - $36,300
    Money Factor - .00099
    Residual - 63%
    No money down

Lease cost for 39 months - $340 plus tax

Good deal, too good to be true, or keep shopping?
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Invoice is about 37.5k. You are being quoted 1,200 under invoice which is good. Lastly the lease factors look real good this month. Good time to lease an Infiniti.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    rdtrip85rdtrip85 Member Posts: 11
    That's a good deal.
  • Options
    Howdy partner. IFS' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2011 G37X with Sport Appearance Package and 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's $1,000 dealer cash on the '11 G37, but it isn't compatible with the special lease. There is $1,000 loyalty on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks, Car_man..

You are the best! :shades:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ltrojanltrojan Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking to lease a 2012 Infiniti G37 coupe Journey w/ Premium Package. MSRP is $42,845.

Dealer gave me a MF of .00137 and Residual of 63%

Is that the correct MF and Residual for this car?

Thanks!
  • Options
    cornellg8rcornellg8r Member Posts: 1
    i am turning in a 2009 G37X w/premium...currently paying $507. The lease expires in July of 2012. I have been offered the following:

2011 G37X w/premium, 10k a year, 39 months - $395 per month + tax (only dmv and first month due at signing)...and they'll take my current G back and pay off the next 8 months payments.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    longschlng22longschlng22 Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone,

I just leased a 2011 g37 journey w/ premium package...
    msrp was 39405, sale point was 35311 before license, fees, etc.
    39 month lease @ 15k miles/yr...
    2500 out of pocket and 340/month before taxes...366 after taxes...

I was wondering how I did? Also, they kept pushing the elite maintenance package which I declined. Is that worth it? They did say that they require some diagnostic tests at some point and it seems it runs close to $900 for that alone.
  • Options
    kingdome9kingdome9 Member Posts: 6
    good info, I am about to do the same. Where those quotes coming from Infiniti financial or some other leasee?
  • Options
    bubba1064bubba1064 Member Posts: 3
    CarMan,

Looking to lease a 2011 G37 convertible with the sports package, nav package, and premium package. MSRP on car is 53,885 and invoice is 49,333. I'm trying to do a lease deal and I need top tier residual and money factor from IFS. Dealer is quoting me .00175 and 60% residual. I think they can do better. Are those figures correct? In addition I'm thinking that these guys should be able to sell the car for invoice given it's a 2011. Am I off my rocker here? Thanks.
  • Options
    Carman,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 g37 convertible with the sports package, nav, and premium package. Car retails for 53,885 and invoices at 49,333. On a 39 month lease, dealer is quoting me a residual of 60 percent and MF of .00175 but I think they can do better. What are top tier MF and residual for this car from IFS? What about for a 36 month lease? In addition, I'm thinking this car should sell for invoice given it's a 2011 and 2012s are already in. Am I off my rocker? Dealer seems to think so. Thanks.
  • Options
    thephantom1thephantom1 Member Posts: 12
    What dealership?
  • Options
    failsafe04failsafe04 Member Posts: 5
    Looking to lease my first Infiniti. I could probably, in all practicality, do without the sport package, but the look is pretty appealing to me. Did have a question regarding the packages though: Is the nav package required for the sport package?

Wanted to see if I could get some numbers to work with on a 15k, 39 mo lease on a 2011 G37x coupe with premium/sport/navigation. Dealer's initial email to me offered me 509/mo with 2999 oop, even though I simply asked him for a price they could offer me on the vehicle. He did mention the price was '200 over invoice', although didn't provide a firm number. Compared to everything I've seen here and everything I've worked out myself, the monthly seems really high. I was planning on putting out around 3500 when walking out the door.

Any info on price/residual/money factors assuming top tier credit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    perry infiniti in escondido, ca
  • Options
    200 over invoice seems too much to me at this point...go to truecar.com to price it out with your options to see what others are paying and to see what you can get...

residual and money factors can come from carman, but mine was .00077 and 58% for 11 g37 sedan at 15k and 39 mo.
  • Options
    hobokenjoehobokenjoe Member Posts: 3
    Hey failsafe04, that does seem high to me. I just leased my first Infiniti and here's what I settled for (I actually think I might be paying too much):

2011 G37x coupe AWD with premium package (no nav)
    12k mi per year for 39 mos.
    $447 per mo.

I'm in NJ. Not sure where you are. I don't have my contract in front of me but I do remember that when multiplied by 2400, my money factor yielded an interest rate around 3.4%
    I think I could have negotiated a lower money factor based on my credit score (775).
  • Options
    Seems 200 over invoice (43,830) is barely below average according to truecar for a 2011 g37x coupe with prem/nav/sport. I'm definitely going to push them harder on that price. Curious to hear CarMan's thoughts.

58% residual seems really low. When I just spoke to the guy on the phone he mentioned something about 62% and it drops to 61% for a 15k/year. I've seen 63% thrown around in this forum as well. I'm hoping for a money factor around that range of .00077 though.

I'm in PA (philly area) btw.
  • Options
    One other question, are they basing residual off msrp or the negotiated price? Found a site that lists october lease rates on the 11 g37x coupe for "63% residual of msrp" and a .00137 base money factor for 36 months.
  • Options
    hobokenjoehobokenjoe Member Posts: 3
    My understanding is that residual should be a % of MSRP, not your price. When you're sitting there crunching the numbers, ask them to leave you alone for a few minutes then apply the lease formula. It stinks to learn math equations, but make sure you know how to calculate the two components of a lease (not including tax):

1. Monthly Depreciation = (net cap minus residual) / term

2. Monthly financing = (net cap plus residualt) x money factor
  • Options
    No NAV required for Sport package..

36 month money factor for a G37X with premium pkg is .00091

I like the Sport package, as well... you get 18" wheels, 12-way power sport seats (power bolsters, as well) and paddle shifters... mostly fluff, but the seats are nice and it only adds about $10/mo. to the lease...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Interesting. On infiniti's site, it won't even allow you to choose the sport option without choosing the navigation option as well when you build the car. Good to know.

Where are those rates from? It's difficult to know which values to use since there's a bunch of sites out there listing them and they're all seemingly different, albeit close in range.
  • Options
    I can't speak for 2012.. as the one we are getting is a 2011.. Maybe, the website only allows for 2012, and that's different...

Every iteration of the car and lease term might have a different money factor... So, a RWD G37 might have a different program than the AWD G37X, and adding NAV and/or premium might change it, as well..

I only know a couple of them, because thats what we shopped for... The 2011 G37X with premium and sport has an MF of .00091 for 36 months.. the 39 month lease had an MF of .00099. Residuals for 12K/yr on that model were 63% for 36 month and 62% for 39 month..

Dealers can mark up money factors.. Infiniti dealers typically mark them up by .00035.. I'm guessing that is the maximum allowed, because I see that a lot... Our dealer also did this, but agreed to drop it to the base rate during negotiations...

The 36 month lease is $10-$13 per month more than 39, but less likely to need an extra service and less chance of wearing out OEM tires, etc.. (plus, you get to go get another car that much sooner...lol)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Isn't the MSRP on that car like $1800-2000 more for the Prem+Navi + Sport?
  • Options
    s65dudes65dude Member Posts: 1
    Got an offer for 2011 G37 Journey- Prem' pkg , Navi' pkg, illuminated kick plates, trunk pkg ($200 at Infiniti's website xtra ) + xtra set of all season rubber floor mats .
    MSRP $41500-
    36 month
    10,500 miles year
    $0 Down !
    $375 month after Tax.

Any thoughts ? looks like a preety fair deal.
    - dont need 12k miles lease , car's 4 wife barely drives.
    eventhough was told 12k will rase payment by +/- 3%.
  • Options
    What dealer? Don't you need to get sport package with that config also and the MSRP should be another 2K?
  • Options
    In that case, can anyone tell me what the MF/residual should be for:

2011 G37x Coupe with:
    Premium
    Navi
    Sport
    Kick Plates
    Splash Guards
    That stupid trunk mat pkg...

39 month lease, 15k miles/yr.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    HA. You're welcome, kyfdx.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello ltrojan. According to the latest information that I have seen, Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G37 Coupe Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    licarguylicarguy Member Posts: 1
    CarMan,

Can you provide the lease rate and money factor for a 36mo / G37X Sedan / 15k miles?

Thanks,

Adam
  • Options
    Hi bubba1064. I believe that the numbers for a 36-month lease of this car are .00160 and 60%. Infiniti is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car. Invoice might be slightly aggressive, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get an '11 Convertible for a couple hundred over invoice if you're in a market that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the deal I got for a 12k/year, 39mo lease. MF was .00139 and Residual was 62%.

2012 G37 Coupe Journey w/ Premium Package

MSRP $42,845
    Invoice $39,585
    Sale Price $38,000 ($1585 under Invoice)!
    $435 down and $435/month incl. tax

Did I get a good deal? I tried to go lower on the sales price but they said I'm lucky to even get a 2012 under invoice.
  • Options
    What dealer and state? For a 2012 not 2011?
  • Options
    Thanks Carman! Switched dealers and now I'm working the same car but a 2012. They are actually willing to do invoice which is great. Im assuming thats because its a special order and the holdback on the car will be pure profit for them. On a lease of a 2012, They are telling me residual is down to 58% on the 2012 and that money factor is slightly down to .00156 for October for top tier. Is that accurate for a 39 month lease? Thanks again.
  • Options
    First off sorry for posting in the wrong forum! I re-posted in the "Prices Paid" forum.

Second, I got this deal because I used VPP for Military members.

I got the car in Los Angeles county, CA.

And yes, it's a 2012 (not that there's much of a difference with 2011) but still I'm happy with it.
  • Options
    poelsypoelsy Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

This is posted previously but I seem to be seeing slightly different numbers each time. Could I please get the money factors and residuals for the following lease scenarios:

2011 G37x Sedan
    12k miles per year
    39 months

2011 G37x Coupe
    12k miles per year
    39 months

I believe the residual on a 15k mile/year lease would be 2% lower, right?

Adding the sport appearance package to the AWD platform shoudn't change the MF and residual either I believe. Just want to get all my ducks in a row.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi. I just received this ad from my local NY Infiniti dealer:
    $247 per month for 24 months 10K per year
    Auto trans, premium pkg, Bose sound system, sunroof, heated leather seats
    MSRP: $41,185
    Cap cost reduction: $2,995
    First months payment: 247
    Bank fee: 700
    Total due at signing: $3,942

They are basing this price using the MSRP. I assume I can negotiate a lower price and eliminate the $2,995 cap cost reduction and get 12K instead of 10K on a lease. What is your opinion? I have not seen 2 year leases before. I do not know the money factor and residual value of the 2011 vs. a 2012. I think anything under $300 per month for the 2011 or 2012 would be attractive compared to the other cars I am considering (A4 AWD, Mercedes C Class AWD) Thanks for any help you can give me. You have been a big help in the past.
  • Options
    1) Just because they quote you the MSRP doesn't mean that is the selling price.... They couldn't do that payment if the selling price were MSRP.

2) $3000 CAP reduction divided by 24 months is $125/mo... So, without a cap cost reduction, the payment would be about $375-$380 per month..

3) Going from 10K to 12K mi/yr on a 24 month lease is going to add about $17/mo...

4) Rolling the bank fee into the lease is going to add another $30/mo...

So, now the actual monthly cost of that 24 month lease is about $430/mo. plus tax, with just the first month due at signing...

Which isn't bad... Upfront costs that are only amortized over 24 months, can really add up fast, when calculating your actual monthly costs...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Getting Quoted for 2011 G37X Prem MSRP 41,185 Net Price 37,600

Complete zero money down (includes fees, taxes and such)

451 - 12k
    473 - 15k

Good or bad?
  • Options
    poelsypoelsy Member Posts: 12
    Hey failsafe04. Have you found any information from another source? I am looking at the same car with 12k miles. Can you please let me know if you've found anything? I haven't been having much luck.

Thanks
  • Options
    trumanjunktrumanjunk Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I heard that Infiniti's 2011 lease rates are really great right now and wanted to get into something as inexpensive as possible. The G25s are no longer in stock in any of the dealers in my area (San Diego, CA), so the G37 was the next logical choice.

Here's the info that I got from the sales manager at one of the dealerships:

2011 Infiniti G37 Sedan Journey with Premium Package:

MSRP $39,405
    Sale $34,500
    MF .00064
    10K - Residual 62%
    12K - Residual 61%
    Acquisition/Bank Fee $700
    DMV $55 ? (I think this was incorrect)
    Disposition Fee $300

So what do you think? Is this a smart, inexpensive decision for a lease, or can I do better by going with a 2012 G25? I'm looking at something around $300/month or less.

Thanks for your help and keep up the great work!
  • Options
    $55 is the dealer document fee... restricted to that amount by California law.. I'd expect DMV fees to be an additional $300-$400..

Did they give you a payment amount and money due upfront?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ispocispoc Member Posts: 2
    Hi all. Looking at a 2011 G37X sedan with premium package lease

12k/year, 39mo lease.

MSRP $41,185
    Monthly: $320
    Up Front:
    $700 Bank Fee, Tax: $1,153

Good deal?
  • Options
    What dealer and what is the net selling price? so upfront about $1850?
  • Options
    ispocispoc Member Posts: 2
    dealer in ny. selling price 36,140. upfront about 1850 plus dmv.
  • Options
    trumanjunktrumanjunk Member Posts: 4
    We didn't get a chance to talk about payment amount and money due upfront. I wanted to see if I can lower the car's sale price from $34,500 to $33,500. I'm not going to be placing any money down, but would like to place as many security deposits as possible to lower the money factor.

My calculations show that the car should come out to $310 a month, if the upfront fees are not rolled into the lease.

What's your take?