Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    johnny2001johnny2001 Member Posts: 15
    This is the deal I signed yesterday:

G37x with Nav, Preminum, accent pkg ($43,xxx)
    negotiated price $38000
    down payment : $1000
    39 months, 10K per year
    $349 per month!

I know that this is a awesome deal without putting any extra security

Thanks
    Johnny
  • Options
    I used
    60% residual
    and .00094 MF

These lease rates are for G37/G37x for 39 month lease till end of August
  • Options
    mitcharnomitcharno Member Posts: 13
    johnny- where did you buy the car, what state? Txs, Mitch
  • Options
    Car was leased from infinity dealership in Westchester NY
  • Options
    I did this 3 years ago when I lease a 2008 Honda accord V6 with all options ($29K plus). I leased it for $271 with $0 down 12k miles for 36 months.

I used the steps below for the infinity G37x and it worked again:

1: Research the car you want to buy/afford and know exactly what options you want and what the total cost would be (MSRP)
    2: Go to truecar and get the best possible price with your options in your area
    3: Get you credit Score (very important)
    4: Get the MF and Residual rates for your car
    5: Find out if there any incentives (dealer, loyalty..etc)
    6: Go to leaseguide and plug in the numbers from Step 1, 2 and 4 and come up with your monthly lease rate
    7: Reduce the monthly lease rate by 10-15%
    8: Go to the manufacturer's website and collect the contact information for all dealership around you (I used up to 100 miles)
    9: 1 week before the end of the month: Send a email to all the dealerships with the following information:
    the car you want, with the options explained, your credit score, what you are willing to put down, what you are willing to pay up front (taxes, fees) and your monthly lease price from step 7
    10: Sit back and wait for the dealership to negotiate/send you offers

I do this every three years and it saves me so much time/headache/haggling with the dealership.

I hope this helps someone.
    Thanks
  • Options
    mitcharnomitcharno Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for sharing an interesting approach. Can't argue with your success. I did much of this. Dealer quoted me $1,000 under invoice. We agreed on MF, residual b ut in the end- he claimed there was only 1 car that fit my criteria/no nav and it was the same color as g35x I'm currently leasing-
  • Options
    wheelsonwheelson Member Posts: 4
    Which dealership in Westchester specifically? How did you get to such low payments? Did you put any money down or trade in?
  • Options
    4ofakinda4ofakinda Member Posts: 1
    hey Car_man,
    Can you please let me know what you think of this deal?
    G37x sedan premium package, 39 months, 12k

1300 out of pocket and 375 a month

Thank you
  • Options
    roulette2629roulette2629 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you let me know what is the residual value and money factor for G37 Journey Sedan 24 months 15k per year.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    wheelsonwheelson Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car man,

can you provide me with updated money factor and residual % for a g37x 10k lease in NY?
    TIA
  • Options
    madd66madd66 Member Posts: 28
    Just got a message from my Infiniti dealership and was told they got full tax credits for my next lease (will be up in 4 months - early buyout). Asked for g37 sedan with prem and nav.

Cap cost $38,890
    Residual 62%
    Money factor .00154
    Acq fee $700
    Loyalty cash $1K
    39 months (12K/yr)
    monthly payment of $452
    0 out of pocket

thoughts?
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the latest info for you Jay. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 G37 Coupe AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00176 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi 4ofakinda. It would be easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were to provide us with this car's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi roulette2629. Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 G37 Journey Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go, wheelson. IFS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 G37 Sedan AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    kvl1027kvl1027 Member Posts: 21
    Thinking about maybe trading out of me lease way early. I have a 39 month lease on the 2011 G25 Journey, which started in November of 2010.

With the lease rates no being so good on the 2011 G37 Journey I was thinking about trading in for a more expensive care at a lower monthly payment. Would it be bad to do this? Do I stand to lose anything by trading in this early or is it even possible?

I know often times if you are trading in an Infiniti for and Infiniti they are pretty good about waiving certain fees for loyalty. Does anyone have any opinions about this?
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Do you stand to lose anything? Thousands of dollars is what you will lose.

The only fee you won't pay is the lease turn in fee since the dealer will be buying the car from Infiniti. You will have lots of negative equity to roll into the next lease (if they even will roll it all in) which will really raise your payment.

Hold onto the card for at least another year and a half before you think about trading it in.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,484
    What are the lease rates & residual value for a G37X Sedan 36 or 39 months with 15,000 miles & 18,000 miles per year?

Thanks so much!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    cnullcnull Member Posts: 1
    Can you give me the lease rates on the convertible at 15,000 miles per year for 36 or 39 months. Not sure if it matters but I am looking at auto, sport, premium, navigation, and tech.

Thanks.
  • Options
    pivotalrexpivotalrex Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man,

2011 G37X Sedan
    Leasing in NY/NJ but live in PA. (not sure if this affects rates)

Can you give me the MF and Residual for 36/39 months with 15/20/30k miles per yr. Assuming Tier 1 but do you even have access to Tier 2?

thanks
  • Options
    jxiiijxiii Member Posts: 3
    I'd like your opinion on the following:

Dallas, TX
    2011 G37 Journey Sedan
    Pkgs: Nav, premium, perf tire/wheel, interior accent
    Other: Illum kickplates, maple wood

Top tier credit.
    MSRP: $42355
    Net Cap Cost: $37165 (includes $1000 loyalty)
    MF: .00149
    Residual: 63%
    39 months @ 10K mi/yr
    $0 down/up front.

No taxes.
  • Options
    jess125483jess125483 Member Posts: 3
    I'm sort of a newbie but have done my research and like to know if this is a good deal or if I should keep negotiating.

The car is the G37x AWD with navigation and premium packages with 15,000 miles per year. I also have a Nissan Altima with 3 remaining lease payments that they are taking me out of (not rolling the payments into the new lease).

The MSRP of the vehicle is $43,035, sale price $39,163, residual value is 62% and the money factor is .00131.

Paying taxes and fees up front ($2708) it would be $404/month. Sign and drive would be $466. Rolling in the taxes but not the fees would be $444.

Thanks.
  • Options
    I would definitely roll the taxes into the payment. If your car gets stolen or totaled during your lease, good luck getting your money back from your governor. Where are you located btw?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Is equivalent to a 3.144% interest rate. Find out if this is the base rate. They might be marking it up on you to make some extra money on the back end. The dealer might say "it only adds an extra $20/ month to your payment."

For the duration of the 36 month lease, that $20 per month adds up to an additional $720.

• Options
    Thanks for your responses. I'm located on Long Island in New York.

I want to get this down to $430 for sign and drive. Is that a pipe dream or can I make it happen? If so, where is my room to negotiate - sale price?
  • Options
    randomjohnrandomjohn Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2011
    There might be a little wiggle room on the money factor - if you got it down to the .00125 car_man quoted earlier this month you could knock about $4/mo off the payment.

There's a lot more room for improvement if you don't really need the 15k mi/yr though. Getting the residual up to 0.65 from 0.62 might save you more than $30/mo.
  • Options
    I think I relaly don't need the 15,000. I had it on an older lease, but I've moved closer to work and my husband also works nearby now and we often carpool.

As I said I'm a newbie, so I'm a little confused on the money factor. Is the money factor tied to your credit score at all? They haven't even checked my credit yet. Not that I'm worried, my credit is good, but I'm curious as to what determines money factor.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    randomjohnrandomjohn Member Posts: 9
    Yes, money factor is supposed to be tied to creditworthiness (as all interest rates are), but I think the dealers have a lot of leeway in what rate they apply. I don't know that they necessarily do a credit check.
  • Options
    jxiiijxiii Member Posts: 3
    Since I've used this forum to do research that helped me, I figured I'd post the deal that I eventually got, just in case it helps others. This was signed on 8/11/2011.

Dallas, TX
    2011 G37 Journey Sedan
    Pkgs: Nav, premium, perf tire/wheel, interior accent
    Other: Illum kickplates, maple wood

MSRP: $42355
    Net Cap Cost: $37165 (includes $1000 loyalty)
    MF: .00109
    Residual: 62%
    39 months 12K mi/yr
    No sales taxes :)
    Paid $984 up front just so that I wouldn't be financing the acquisition fee and the title fees.
    Doing the math, you get $348/month.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hey nyccarguy. Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 G37X Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00131 and 62%.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is usually cheaper to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello cnull. Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 G37 Convertible Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00182 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hey pivotalrex. IFS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 G37X Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00131 and 62%.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi jxiii. The money factor that you were quoted appears to be a little high. Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate for a 36 month lease of this car is only .00099. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your car's payment.

Having said that, the selling price that you were quoted for this car looks great.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    jwendtjwendt Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to this g37x what do these numbers look like?
    Hi Jim,
    43,040.00 list
    sell 40,400.00
    trade 22,500.00 --cap reduction 2,705.43
    adjusted cap cost 38,589.57
    due 600.00
    next payment due 9-14-11 of 406.05 includes tax (without tax is 386.71)
    residual 28,406.40
    hope this helps matt
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You do not want to do a cap cost reduction, have the dealer give you the cash for your trade.

Perfect explanation from leasecompare.com:

Because you pay for the use of a vehicle during a lease, you should put as little money down as possible, up front. Although putting money down can lower your lease payments (by reducing your capitalized cost) in most cases it cannot be regained in the event of early termination due to a loss.

For example, a customer once leased a Toyota 4Runner and put $3,000 down as a cap reduction. Five months later the vehicle was totaled in an accident. The client's insurance paid its portion of the lease payoff and Gap Insurance paid the balance. Our client walked away with only paying his insurance deductible but he did not get reimbursed for his initial down payment of $3,000. It was lost.

The moral of this true story is to put as little money down as possible,ideally no money down. Here are some other things to consider:

- Money down is taxable
    - Take the money you would have put down and invest it
    - Put your down payment in a savings account and use a portion each month to help make your lease payment
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    The only problem is the trade they are giving me money for is an 09 acura tsx that my payoff is still 19873.71 I have a year left on the lease, but my miles are up. Maybe I should just keep this car.....?
  • Options
    letchletch Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2011
    CarMan,

I see that you have posted the MF and residual for a 15k/yr 36 month lease on the G37x for August. Can you verify the MF and residual for a 15k/yr 36 month lease on the regular G37?

Thanks
  • Options
    Those numbers were on a 10k/36mth lease, I don't know the numbers on the g37 but could call and ask if you would like, let me know.
  • Options
    empstrategiesempstrategies Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up my G37x Sedan with Nav / Premium and 12k per year. Thanks to this forum I knew what deal I wanted. Dealers on Long Island wouldn't do it but a Pepe Infiniti in Westchester, NY did it with no negotiating or playing around. Lease with all taxes in lease came well under $400.00/month. And I didn't even have to leave my computer to make the deal.
  • Options
    psmitty311psmitty311 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking at multiple options right now, but my favorite car - by a long shot - has to be the G37 Convertible. I'm currently in a position that makes leasing the best possible option, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can (Edmunds has been a huge help here).

Car_Man, I've been following your posts regarding rates and residuals, and I'm wondering if you might have some insight into what the next two weeks hold. At what point between now and the end of Labor Day weekend would be the best time to make a final offer? Will there be specials after the $519 special goes away after August, or is this as good as it will get?

Specifically, I'm looking for a 36-39 month lease at 10,000 miles per year (I live downtown DC, so I don't have to drive to work, ever). There are at least seven dealerships in my area, and most of them have cars in stock that meet my criteria. I would love to put $0 down, but if it puts my monthly too high above the competition (about $480 - $530), then I don't think this will be the right choice.

Any tips and advice would be welcome. Thank you.
  • Options
    brittexanbrittexan Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Howdy guys, what a great service provided by Car_man and others, thanks!

I'm looking to lease a G37 sedan in Texas, I've got a quote for the following;

G37 premium, sport, nav packages MSRP $43,405

Cap cost $41,154
    Residual $26,911
    Depreciation $14,243
    Rent $4,592

Total payments $18,835

First payment + fees = $747

Then $482 / month for 38 months with 12k per year.

The MF is .00170 but he didn't really want to tell me that so I'm not sure it's accurate.

Think it's pretty good, $20 a month cheaper than other quotes I've got but I haven't really pushed hard yet. I like that tax is rolled in to it and next to no money down.... What do you guys think?

THANKS!!!!
  • Options
    Hi letch. Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 G37 Sedan Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00099 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi psmitty311. I believe that Infiniti's current lease program is scheduled to run through September 30th. While it is possible that Infiniti would make an unscheduled change to it, I believe that it is unlikely. Generally speaking, the later in the month one negotiates the better the deal they can get. If I was interested in getting this car, I'd wait until this weekend or perhaps even early next week and try to get one.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi brittexan. Is this a G37 Sedan that you're interested in? If so, then the money factor that you were quoted is a little high. Infiniti Financial Services' current 36-month buy rate lease money factor for an '11 G37 Sedan Sport is only .00099 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The selling price that you were quoted isn't bad, it's less than $1,000 over invoice. If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition though I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to shave a couple hundred off.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    brittexanbrittexan Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_Man. Yes it's a 2011. It's $20 a month cheaper than other dealers have quoted me. I think if I can shave a little off it's sold! (leased)

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    phillydillyphillydilly Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2011
    Just received the following offer. There are one or two things I'm missing, I thought they were on the sheet, but turns out they weren't, so I'll have to ball park them.

This is for a G37x coupe with premium illuminated kick plates carpeted trunk, does not have nav

MSRP: 44100 - I don't have this number, its not on the sheet i brought home and I didn't realize it, i'm using the residual value which is on the sheet to determine what msrp should be, but this sounds about right for the car.
    gross cap: 40076
    cap cost reduction: 1000
    adjust cap: 39076
    residual 28665
    depreciation: 10410
    rent 5442
    total base payment: 15852
    # of payments, 39
    base 406.48
    tax 24.39
    total 430.87

due on delivery:
    cap cost reduction 1000
    doc fee 190
    tax @ 6% 113.4
    1st month 430.87
    acquisition 700
    license 23
    drive off 2457.

I have 1k lease loyalty so that would reduce drive off to 1457.

overall i think this is a pretty solid deal.
    $1457 at signing $430 a month for a g37x coupe with premium

I definitely need to verify the msrp, but it should be close.
    Other than that, it looks like a pretty good deal with the exception being i think they are marking up the money factor, but i'm not sure if that changes with the 39 instead of 36 month lease.

anyway, if car_man or anyone else could chime in, i'd appreciate it.

edit to add, I'll probably have him take out the 1k cap cost reduction, up the payment some, and still use the lease loyalty to reduce cash due at signing
  • Options
    phillydillyphillydilly Member Posts: 38
    Just talked with salesman. MSRP on car above is 44790.
    This means they are using 64% as residual on 39 month lease instead of 36. can anyone confirm this.
    also, i have .00170 down as money factor on a 36 month, is money factor the same or changed on a 39 month? I think they are using about .002
  • Options
    larrymlarrym Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2011
    Hey Car Man,

I am in the market for another Infiniti. This will be my 7th deal in the past few years (friends and family)

I need the Residual and Money Factor for a G37X Coupe and G37 Coupe Convertible for 39 months with 12K miles per year (Does Sport model make a difference?). Also correct me if I am wrong; 15K miles reduces the Residual 2% and each MSD (multiple security deposit) reduces the Money Factor by .0001 for up to 9 MSDs

Is Infiniti running any loyalty programs right now? I think I saw a poster mention it above.

As always thank you!
  • Options
    matty1234matty1234 Member Posts: 2
    Hey,
    I am new to this and I am looking to get the exact same lease. I was wondering how much did you put down? Did you get bank fees and taxes rolled in the lease or did you pay those upfront?
    Thanks,
    Matt
  • Options
    matty1234matty1234 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Hey Car_man

Im looking to get a lease by the end of the week. How much should I be paying a month if I get bank fees and taxes rolled in the lease and with no money down.....approximately? This is for A 2011 G37x Sedan 12k miles 39 months.

I got a quote for 385 with bank fees and taxes rolled in and zero down. This lease is for 39 months with 12k miles. Due at signing is 1st month and DMV fees.

This is a lease in New York.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Matt