Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    ronspartanronspartan Member Posts: 9
    Car man thanks for your response. I believe the actual selling price is in the $39,500 range. Are you familiar with the sign & drive program, no money down with 38 remaining payments on the 39 month lease? They are also picking up four payments left on my lease. I was told the money factor is lower due to the Multiple Security Deposit which makes sense to me as it lowers the monthly payment almost $50 per month. Are you familiar with this program?? Thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    yzimayzima Member Posts: 1
    Hi, what should I be paying for 39month lease, 10k miles, MSRP $41450, G37X sedan w/premium
    nj 7% tax, will pay DMV and 1st month at signing.
    Need the car by end of September.
    Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    edited September 2011
    2012 should be out very soon. Infiniti already updated the website w/ the 2012.

The transmission will be the same so, I'm not sure what you're looking for. The 7 speeds doesn't behave like the old 5 speeds and that is the reason for the complaint. Actually, I like the 5 speeds better.
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    It's strange I have an 09 Sedan with the 7 speed that has no issues. I can't stand the 7 speed on my 10 Coupe. I've had it in for the software upgrade but that didn't really fix anything. Its like driving two totally different cars even though they have the same engine and transmission. The sedan is so much peppier for the lack of a better term.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    teamboultonteamboulton Member Posts: 27
    Car Man,

I'm just getting started on my research for leasing a 2011 G37X sedan w/ premium and interior accent package. My current lease on a 2008 G35X expires in mid-November.

Can you please tell me the September residual and money factor for a 36 and 39 month lease?

As my current lease doesn't expire until November, would I be better off waiting until the 2012's come out, and hope I can find a 'deal' on a 2011? I live in Indianapolis, but have leased my past 2 Gs in Louisville based upon only 1 dealer in Indy, and they have not been willing to negotiate much in the past.

Thanks for any advice you, or anyone else, can provide.
  • Options
    randomjohnrandomjohn Member Posts: 9
    Hi carman (and anyone else who knows)

Any word yet on financials for 2012? I see the website is now touting the new models but the lease calculator isn't even available yet. Do you know when the cars will be on the lots? How much do you expect prices on the 2011s to drop when the new models hit?
  • Options
    rdtrip85rdtrip85 Member Posts: 11
    Car man or anyone else,

I was quoted these numbers at my local dealer on a G37X Sedan with navigation, premium, and sport packages and 12K miles. Does this look right?

36 mo - 63% res. - 0.00091 mf
    39 mo - 62% res. - 0.00099 mf
  • Options
    nb_111nb_111 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you so much car man
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome ronspartan. I am familiar with Infiniti's multiple security deposit program. The last time I checked, every additional deposit lowered IFS' buy rate by .00010.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for teamboulton. Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 G37X Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00091 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00099 and 60%.

I suspect that the money factors on the 2012 G37s will be much higher when they come out. Of course their residual values will likely be better as well. It's difficult to say what the overall impact will end up being, but I suspect that the '12s will initially be more expensive to lease than the '11s.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi randomjohn. I suspect that Infiniti will announce its lease program on the 2012 G37s some time very soon. Please feel free to post a reminder for me in a day or two and I'll be happy to will you in on what I have been able to find out.

If I was in the market for a 2011 G37 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Yes, rdtrip85, the numbers that you were quoted do indeed look correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome nb_111.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks Car man
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    ronspartan, I just signed for the same exact car. My lease is 36 mos./12K, no money down for $427 (includes 8.625% tax). I'm not sure exactly what Multiple Security deposit is but my lease requires no security at all.
  • Options
    Thank you Car man.

In response to another post, you indicated if you were in the market, you would attempt to negotiate a price a few hundred dollars above dealer invoice.

I'm currently leasing a G and have been told there is a $1,000 Owner Loyal Reward through the end of September. Does this mean I can hopefully negotiate a price under dealer invoice?
  • Options
    mortiennemortienne Member Posts: 30
    With the $700+ in hold back and with the 2012's coming onto the lots soon, you should be looking at around invoice and then take off the $1000 loyalty money.
  • Options
    bucco1285bucco1285 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    I have been to two dealerships in NJ. So far I am at 3k down, 39 month, 12k/year 390$ a month lease for a 2011 g37x.. Do you think I can talk them down and is this a fair price? Ideally, I would like to pay 350 or less...I have no clue though..

Can someone help??

Thanks
  • Options
    Please provide the exact options you are looking at in the G37X.
  • Options
    d_nyholmd_nyholm Member Posts: 80
    You are not giving enough information for us to help you. We need:

MSRP
    Selling Price
    at the bare minimum. If you can get the money factor and residual they are using it would be helpful, but it should be the same as every one else if the dealer isn't playing games.

Also, if you have a Costco near you, the Costco buying program can be helpful since you do not have to negotiate a price.
  • Options
    mortiennemortienne Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2011
    Current rates are 39 mo - 62% res. - 0.00099 mf for 12,000 miles, top tier credit.

Looked at Truecar.com prices for NJ. I'll add $1000 onto the prices as there is $1000 dealer cash available on purchases (not leases) only. Truecar is assuming a purchase, so the lease price will be a little higher.

Base G37X = MSRP = $38295, Target = $34444
    Premium G37X = $40445, Target = $36306
    Premium+Nav G37X = $42295, Target = $37909

With $0 cap reduction and all fees paid up front. No tax included on payment;

Base = $332
    Premium = $382
    Premium+Nav = $411

Add a $2000 cap reduction (down payment) and pay all fees up front, your payments will be (not including tax);

Base = $279
    Premium = $328
    Premium+Nav= $358

Hopefully this all makes some sort of sense and will at least act as a guide. Remember, treat a lease just like you are buying a car. The monthly payment isn't the target, the "selling" price is. The lower that is, the lower your lease payments.
  • Options
    bucco1285bucco1285 Member Posts: 2
    Premium package with nav.

Thanks I'm on way there now!
  • Options
    randomjohnrandomjohn Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the initial response, and this is the requested reminder. I'm getting ready to head over to the dealer, probably this weekend or next week to see if there's any end-of-month value to be had.

Any indication on the financing for the 2012s? I want to see how much more the new model will cost me. If you have the new numbers, I'd like to compare 2011 vs. 2012 for 36 mo 10/12k leases on a base G37x (in CT, if that matters).
  • Options
    1buffdaddy1buffdaddy Member Posts: 12
    rdtrip85, would you be willing to send me your paperwork so I can show my local dealership? They never believe these deals exist. You can obviously black out anything that you do not want seen. Let me know, they only have 1 of these in the color I want left.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    bucco,

You should be able to lease for about $365/mo. assuming the following:

MSRP 42,670 G37X Sedan premium + nav
    Note: Splash guards, Carpeted Trunk Mat, Trunk Net and First Aid Kit usually come with this configuration

Cap Cost 39,288 ($150 over invoice but you probably can get it at invoice)

3000 down

7% sales tax in payment
  • Options
    1buff,

I am picking up the car tomorrow so I don't have the paperwork yet. Give me your email address and I'll send you the Lease Order that was prepared when I gave a deposit.
  • Options
    bunzonebunzone Member Posts: 4
    Just left the dealer here is what I got:

G37X
    w/ premium package
    w/ navigation

Cap cost = $41,377
    Cap reduction = $800
    Net Cap = $40,577
    Residual = 62% or $27,054
    Tot Depr = $13,524

My out of pocket is
    Cap reduction = $800
    +Doc fee = $299
    +Tax = $114
    +license fees = $118
    Advance pmt = $440
    Bank fee = $700

Total drive off is = $2,470
    less owner loyalty = $1,000

out of pocket = $1470

39 months 12,000 miles $413 per month plus my tax = $440/month

Good deal or can I do better?? Need to decide this week as my 08 comes off lease next saturday
  • Options
    d_nyholmd_nyholm Member Posts: 80
    Just looking at edmunds TMV value, it looks like you should be paying $38,959 for the car, not $41,377. I think your payments should be around $60 cheaper. Then you probably wouldn't need to put the $800 cap cost and have less out of pocket.

I purchased a very similar car (pricewise) last year and I am at $371/month.
  • Options
    greatyhopegreatyhope Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

My friend got the following deal this weekend. Let me know what you guys think,

G37x Sedan
    Premium Package
    24month/$299
    10K a year
    $3100 (tax, fees, first month, etc.. everything)

thanks,
  • Options
    No problem rdtrip85.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're absolutely right, teamboulton. I was talking about a couple hundred dollars over invoice before the deduction of any available cash incentives. So if you are eligible for $1,000 loyalty cash the you would indeed be paying under invoice net.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome randomjohn. Infiniti is currently offering 1.9% financing for three years and 2.9% for four to six years on the 2012 G37 Sedan.

As far as leasing goes, Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 G37x Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00153 and 62%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00091 and 62%.

Strangely, these cars' residual values appear to be the same right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Need some quick help, just received the following quote over the phone:

2011 G37X with premium, navigation and interior accents package (wood trim)

Price: $40,318 ($500 over invoice according to salesman)
    39 month lease, 15,000 miles per year

60% residual
    .00129 money factor

Monthly payment, including taxes of $505.84

This includes $1,000 loyalty reward from Infiniti.
    From what I have been reading, I think I should be able to do much better. Perhaps my desire for wood trim is limiting my negotiating power, but what I think they're trying to do is saying they're giving me a good deal because this monthly payment in just less than my payment on my 2008 G35.

Suggestions? I'm thinking about contacting some dealers in Chicago.
  • Options
    ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    way too high.
  • Options
    kensalvkensalv Member Posts: 1
    I got an offered....

For 2k down.. $369.00 x 39 months 10k miles per year including tax and dmv fees

G37X with Premium package (MSRP 41185):
    MSRP 41185.00
    Cap cost: $36934.34
    Money Factor: .000990
    Residual: $25946.55 (63%)

Doesn't this seem high? I wanted at least navigation included. But its a premium package with AWD.

Any help would be great.
  • Options
    1buffdaddy1buffdaddy Member Posts: 12
    The final offer I received last night was...
    2011 G37x w/Premium Package, Ill kick plates, splash guards, mats, etc...
    MSRP of $42,080
    39mo
    12,000 miles/yr
    Free maintenance package for entire 39mo lease term (oil changes, tire rotations, roadside assistance, etc.)
    $2,500 TOTAL down
    $349/mo after tax.
    I walked because I developed a mental block. It just looks too much like a Nissan Altima for me. Great car, great performance, great deals and although they are not identical twins, they are too close for me... My co-workers Altima sits right outside my window every day and I just couldn't do it.
  • Options
    bluefintunabluefintuna Member Posts: 2
    G37X
    Premium
    Sport
    Nav
    Illuminated Kick plates
    splash guards
    Wheel locks
    Trunk Mat

10Kmiles/39 months
    OOP $1625
    $365/mo incl sales tax

Need to decide ASAP. I was also looking at the Maxima, but the best Maxima price I got was on this package:
    Maxima SV, cold & monitor pkg, splash guards and spoilter
    12K miles/39months
    OOP $1461
    $325/mo incl sales tax
  • Options
    harvetekharvetek Member Posts: 1
    Are the lease incentives due to improve Oct. 2011?

What is the current Money Factor and Residual percent for both 2011 g37 sedan and fx35?
    39 months at 15k per year.

Thanks,
  • Options
    munch21043munch21043 Member Posts: 9
    THIS seems like a great deal. I am from Maryland where the lease laws may be different but I had to pay ~1800 OOP (incl tags) and tax was on entire cost of vehicle (not the cost of the lease).

I am paying 400/mo and my G37x sedan only had PREM pkg with kick plates, etc.

What state are you in? And if this is a coupe you got an outrageously great deal!
  • Options
    jsdilopsjsdilops Member Posts: 60
    I need some help from Car_Man or somebody else.
    An Infinity dealer in miami is quoting me different numbers for the Residuals and MF, I need some clarifications here.

2011 G37 Journey Sedan RWD with Nav and Premium. 36 m, 15kmy:
    Residual 59%, MF .00064

Identical car with 39m lease 15kmy:
    Residual 58%, MF .00077

Thanks
  • Options
    shinngshinng Member Posts: 51
    i'm a couple weeks late in replying to my original post re: release of the new 2012 g37's, but thanks to both kingpcgeek and gooddeal2 for the responses.

i heard that the 7 speed automatic transmission was a bit buggy and was hoping the 2012's would be the year in which the g37 coupes would be revamped. as mentioned the 5 speed on my 08 g37 coupe is superb. however, if both of you are saying that 2012 coupes will not change, then i guess it's 2013 where infiniti will release new g37's.

bummer.
  • Options
    xclbxclb Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I'm looking at leasing an Infiniti G37 sedan in CA and would appreciate your thoughts on the below quote.

2012 G37 SEDAN JOURNEY 4DR AUTO

MSRP: $41,655
    My price: $37,359
    Cap cost: $1500 Below Invoice
    Money Factor: 0.00129
    Residual: 63%

This would be a 39-month lease. However, the monthly payments have not been provided to me yet. Can you tell me how this looks? What else do I need to confirm in order to protect myself?

Thanks!
  • Options
    bluefintunabluefintuna Member Posts: 2
    Here's the final deal, even better!

G37x sedan, premium, sport, (no nav), ill kickplates, splash guards, wheellocks, trunk mat, cargo net, 1st aid kit and 2 yr maintentance pkg

10K/year/39 mo

They are covering a $70 damage overage on my current Infinity.

OOP $1596.85
    $345/mo incl tax (I live in MA)

I could have got nav for $359/mo incl tax, but to be honest I wouldnt use it that much.
  • Options
    jsdilopsjsdilops Member Posts: 60
    Got the g37 Journey (2011 G37 Journey with Premium and Nav, 4dr, Auto, RWD) today:

9.3GB Music Box
    Bluetooth Audio
    Body Color Splash Guards
    Carpeted Trunk Mat/Trunk Net & First Aid Kit
    Driver Seat/Mirror/Steering Wheel Synchronization
    Illuminated Kick Plates
    Infiniti Hard Drive Based Navigation System
    Navigation Package
    Power Sliding Tinted Glass Moonroof
    Power Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel
    Premium Package
    Rear Sonar System
    XM NavTraffic
    MSRP 41435

36m 15k/y, sign and drive (0 at inception), 456/m + tax (488 inc tax)
  • Options
    madd66madd66 Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car_Man,

Has NFS released the money factor and residual for October yet?

Thanks
  • Options
    catmcoxcatmcox Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had the top challenges I've had? First time, the dealer had to fly an engineer from the manufacturer to fix it (took 2+ weeks). Just pulled in tonight from a nice dinner and top failed - "trunk open" Beautiful car is sitting in my driveway (garage floor just got painted) with a tarp over it since roadside assistance can't deliver it to a shop...

Had an Audi A4 convertible before and never had these problems....

Have had it with Infiniti at this point...
  • Options
    alexisny11alexisny11 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    This would be my first time leasing

I live in NY

What do you think of this offer?

2011 G37 4D Sedan X AWD-Premium package
    $10,000/year
    39 months
    MSRP:$41,158
    My price:$39,497

Trade in: $6,000

Upfront:$370/month + DMV fees

After reading prior posts I feel like this is bad deal, I just don't don't know if lease laws in NY is factor here.

Thanks
  • Options
    cdoescher01cdoescher01 Member Posts: 7
    alexisny11,

Personally, I do not think that is a good deal based on selling price of the vehicle. A car like you describe will have an invoice price right under $38,000 so you should be able to get the vehicle for at somewhere under $37,000 or less being there is $1,000 in incentives towards leasing. Simply lowering the price of the vehicle the $2,500, to its "invoice" price less the $1,000 bonus cash should lower the payment about $60/month

As for your trade, If I were you I would not put the $6,000 from your trade down on the lease, you should pocket that. The most I would pay would be the taxes. If your lease quote has your $6,000 from your trade rolled in, then they may be giving you a high money factor too, so you may want to see what that is and ask what the number they give you means in terms of an interest rate. Car_man can confirm, but I believe if you take the money factor times 2,400 it gives you the approximate interest rate percentage.

I do not know how taxes work in NY, but in my state they tax the full value of the vehicle at 6%. I got an an initial quote a few days ago for the same car, G37x Premium, for $450/month 12,000k miles, 39 months, only first months payment due at signing. This number is still high to me, as I feel I can get to right at or under $400/month
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,949
    No test drive, as we were pretty burned out, at the end of long car-shopping day...

But, for a G37X AWD.. Premium and moonroof... MSRP $41,185..

39mo/39K lease... $440/mo. + tax, with $700 due at signing..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    alexisny11,

I would suggest you do not accept.....it is a terrible offer. The dealer is ripping you off.