Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• badacadiabadacadia Member Posts: 3
    Gm has turned out a real bucket here. It is very sad because it is the most comfortable car I've been in. My acadia has 58,000 miles on it and I'm affraid to take it beyond my AAA mileage towing limit. On the other hand, My 1991 Chevy truck has 250,000 and is still going strong. It has had 1 transmission replaced- that's it. I will also be looking to dump my acadia and shop for a Ford.
  • 2horses2love2horses2love Member Posts: 1
    I am a mom with 4 kids and thought this was the perfect vehicle for us with all the bells and whistles included. Boy was I wrong! I had my 2008 Acadia for a little more than a year when my traction control/stabiltrac started having problems. At the same time there was a huming noise in the engine that I asked the dealer to look at. They said that that the traction control was fine and just needed to be re-set and they could find nothing wrong with the engine. Well move forward 6 months and it all happened again! I take it into the shop and they tell me I need a new engine!!!!!! My car is less than 2 years old and it needs a new engine??? GM offered absolutely NO help!! I literally had to call GM and leave over 25 messages for someone to finally return my phone call. Now in addition to needing a new engine, the sunroof is leaking like crazy, the airbags need service, the emergency brake light comes on when the brake is not even on and now the engine wont turn OFF. I fear having to put my kids into this car but what choice do I have? Being a single mom I simply dont have thousands of dollars to buy a new engine. Who would have thought that someone could spend $40,000 on a car and need a new engine before it is even 2 years old? All service has been performed so I did my part, but GM wont stand behind the vehicles they sell. The saddest thing of all will be if something happens to my kids riding in this death trap while GM sat idly by and offered no help to someone who has been a loyal GM customer for years. Does anyone know of how to get in touch with the CEO of GM?
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    You haven't mentioned the reason for the engine replacement. Two years is premature. At this point I would file a complaint online with the BBB office in your area.

Did you purchase this vehicle new? Your dealer plays an integral part in convincing GM to assist you yet you mention nothing about the dealer. Just wondering.
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    If the car is only 2 years old, how on Earth would a new engine not be covered by the 5 yr/100k mile powertrain warranty? Do you put 50,000+ miles a year on it? :confuse:
  • traci4traci4 Member Posts: 5
    I too had to replace my engine in my 2008 Acadia. It needed to be replaced at 31,000 miles because the oil filter paper got sucked up into the engine. My engine was making a knocking noise and when I took it in to the dealership that is what they told me. Sometimes I got my oil changed at the dealership and others at Valvoline. We had the paper tested and it came back as a Valvoline filter. My car sat at the dealership for 7 weeks without an engine in it because we refused to pay for it. It certainly was NOT our fault and neither the dealership or Valvoline would take responsibility. Finally, Valvoline paid for the new engine. The way we saw it is GM is partially responsible because and engine should never suck up the paper from an oil filter!!! Good luck!!!
    GM has a TSB regarding use of aftermarket filters. They will not warranty any work on the vehicle if it is proven that an aftermarket filter caused the engine failure. Your recourse would be to go back to the place that installed the DEFECTIVE filter that caused the problem.

GM is not partially at fault. The way that engines are designed causes the oil to flow. This is normal. The fact that the paper media broke loose is the fault of the company that manufactured it. GM had not forced you to install the defective filter nor should they be responsible for something they had no control over. The fact that Valvoline paid for the motor is due to the fact that THEY installed the defective filter.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    traci4 ,
    I apologize you experienced this problem. Glad to hear you are back on the road again. If you have any future problems or concerns please feel free to contact me.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • maridion1maridion1 Member Posts: 2
    Did they ever figure out what was happening with your Acadia? I have the exact same issue with my Acadia. Mine is a 2009, and I have had it 18 months. I am to the point of wanting to get rid of it. I have Ice cold air that blows out from just below the steering wheel. There is no way I could ever wear a skit in that vehicle...I would freeze! It seems worse when the wind is blowing toward the car and the heater is on.
  • maridion1maridion1 Member Posts: 2
    Yep...and they told me that was the only option for it! Ridiculous!!!
  • jblainejjblainej Member Posts: 2
    Issue with exhaust causing black soot on garage floor and dealership thinks this is normal. I have had numerous vehicles including three prior SUV's and have never had this problem. Is this typical or is this just an issue with my Acadia or is this a GMC in general issue with their vehicles. My first GMC and may be my last one.
  • cwolf75cwolf75 Member Posts: 6
    It's normal. If you want to see something really weird, have someone drive your Acadia on the highway while you follow it. After a few miles of steady driving have them push on the gas to hit passing gear and watch the exhaust. The first time I saw this while following my wife in her Acadia, I thought she had blown a ring or something.
  • nmatosnmatos Member Posts: 5
    Lol ok so today was the the icing on the cake. I just picked up my Acadia yesterday for the same issues it's been having. This made a total of 7 times and not a single individual could tell me what's wrong... This morning, I live in NJ by the way I woke up to find out that we had ice storm. So as my usual morning got in the truck to my surprise the truck had it's own waterfall coming out from the tv... Wow I am one special person considering no other car can offer a feature like that... Woo hoo. Now I have to take my car back to the dealership to see what's going on now... But the best part was the service manager asked me the stupidest question he quoted " did I leave my sunroof open last night" are you freaking kidding me it's 20 degrees outside!!! who the he'll would even open a sunroof?? Also I can't seem to understand why the gm rep that is on this forum continues to ask people if they can forward their info to see if she can help! I have an answer you want to help start by taking all these misfit piece of ????? back and give us real trucks that actually work and perform as they should... I feel as if I'm paying for a reliable vehicle then that's what I should have...
  • nmydstnmydst Member Posts: 30
    The only thing I have noticed with black soot is that with both my 2009 and 2011 Acadias (both White Diamond Tri-Coat) is that when we first bought them and every once in awhile up the back of the tailgate door there would be a black residue that we did not know what it was. We could wash the car drive it around the block and sure enough it was all over the back of the car and sometimes on the bottom of the back doors. My husband believed it was coming out of the tail pipes. I only noticed it recently again after I got gas at a station that I don't normally do and the car went through it like water. Before the week was over I had to refill my car back up and I didn't do alot of driving. I don't know if this has anything to do with it at all. I had terrible gas mileage that week..12! Never since the day I bought that car have I ever had that. Anyhow, I hope you find the source I'd be curious to find out. Good luck!
  • nmydstnmydst Member Posts: 30
    We got our 2011 SLT-1 Acadia in August and have all bucket seats. I have noticed that the leather is stretching out a great deal. Now I have owned a 2009 Acadia with the same seats and we own leather couches so I'm familiar with leather and how it does stretch and give. However after owning the car for only 5 months and hardly anyone sitting in the two bucket seats in the second row, you can see stretched out imprints of where someone would have been sitting, same goes for the passenger seat and the driver seat you can actually pinch the leather and pull it up away from the seat. I have a son who weighs 65lbs who sits in the back and I'm 4ft 11 inches and weigh about 118lbs so there is no way that leather could stretch out that bad. I had leather seats in my 2001 Grand Prix we traded in on the 2009 Acadia that did not look half as bad as the seats in this car. I just want to know if anyone else is having this issue. It just looks like butt imprints in all the seats! I'm not trying to be picky but if it looks like this after 5 months what is it going to look like after 5 years?
  • paulanyflpaulanyfl Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    OMG, I hate this car so much and the fact that I have to fight with GM to get it fixed each and every time really stinks. Thank goodness I'm a fighter. I've owned the car for two years, a 2007 with 90,000 (I bought if from a dealer in PA whose manager had it for one year and put 67,000 highway miles on it.) OK, since I've owned it I have lost the power steering three times while driving through puddles and all reported to dealer. In Dec. I brought it to the service guy at the dealer and he tells me that 'these cars have this problem of loss of power steering'. They offered for ME to pay for a 'retrofit' of new wheel well shields and a serpentine belt for a mere $421.00. I was outraged that my extended warranty didn't cover it, so I called GM Cares. The rep took my info and then declined my request. So I asked for a manager, supervisor or the CEO of GM. A manager called me back and was in tough with my dealer. In the end and after lots of phone calls and explaining that I did not purchase a vehicle with part time power steering, GM extended a GOODWILL offer to replace wheel wells with the retrofil at no charge to me. Everything is a fight and I am so sick of it. I took the kids sledding the other day and a guy came up to me and asked me how do I like the car, boy, did he get an earful. Looks are deceiving!!!!!
  • olds4olds4 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if you had anyone check the fuel tank for sand/dirt.Someone could have put sand in your tank?
  • wstearnswstearns Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    GM covered it. Once they tore apart the engine, there was no evidence of sand inside the engine. Because of the sand outside the engine, the initial rep on the case jumped to the conclusion it was the sand. We had a few over heating issues this past summer before the water pump went and was replaced. I finally spoke to someone who seemed to listen to me and concluded the over heating caused the engine issues.

We got a new engine.

But we now are having electrical issues and the car is back at the dealer.

Honestly, I will never buy another GM despite the fact that they have covered the problems. The car spends more time at the dealer lately than it does in my garage.
  • 09acadiahelp09acadiahelp Member Posts: 2
    My Acadia has been in the shop for 3wks due to oil sludge. I change my own oil using Amsoil. The timing chain needs to be replaced also. I was instructed by GMC there is a technical bulletin on this. They will cover repairs at this time but offer no info for future issues. Mileage is 49,000+. Oil was sent to Amsoil they found no problems with the oil. Any advice? Also antifreeze has been missing with no leaks found. I reported this to the dealership after an oil change at about 22,000miles they tell me they are "unable to duplicate at this time". HELP-- I am frustrated because in the beginning the dealership told me my motor needed replacing now they are only draining and replacing oil and timing chain.
    09acadiahelp

Can you please send me your VIN and involved dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • jayeojayeo Member Posts: 4
    I have taken my 2011 Acadia back to the dealer three time because of a popping noise in the front end. I can also feel the pop in the gas pedal. It pops twice shortly after you take off. Today they called and said this was normal, that all Acadias did this. We didn't hear the noise when we test drove the car. It started after several hundred miles.
    You should arrange for the tech and service advisor to take a test drive with you. What seems to be a popping noise to you might not be noticed by them. A test drive would ensure that you're all on the same page.
  • anakleon75anakleon75 Member Posts: 23
    pls tex me update..do i have 2011 acadia and it is 7mons am driving w/o any so far issues as of this time..meantime try to have test drive with you the technician...have safe drive..
    The tech and I did ride together and he heard the popping sound. After two days of my car in the shop, they said all 2011 Acadias pop and it is normal. I was wondering if any others hear a popping sound in their Acadia shortly after they take off.
    If they said that all the 2011 Acadias make that popping sound I'm sure they would be happy to take you for a ride on one or two that does the same thing. "They all do that" is a famous service department line that's used across the country. Another one is "couldn't verify".
  • lemonowner08lemonowner08 Member Posts: 36
    My 2008 (now long gone) made this same noise. If it is the same as mine, it clunked from a cold start when you got up to about 7-10 miles per hour. I could feel my clunk in the entire floor board. It was hard to identify specifically where it came from. Sometimes, I would think it was the front end and sometimes the rear end. It almost felt like a tightly wound spring had sprung. Anyway, after a few attempts to get our local dealership to look at it, and tell me it was a characteristic of the vehicle, I did some researching in forums and found there was a technical service bulletin issued for this problem. I took the info to the dealership because there is a computer update that doesn't entirely eliminate the noise but softens it dramatically. It really is the self checking system in the ABS brakes. Tell your dealership to look it up.
  • rbouchrbouch Member Posts: 2
    We have similar noise in our 2011 - it's a couple of dull thumps from underneath the front within 100 yards of starting.
  • jamtecjamtec Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Bought a new 2010 SLT 1 Acadia 1/10. Absolutely loved it 110%! Only one "small" problem. Needed towed 5x in 7 months. Dealer pursued lemon law and GM finally bought it back and gave me a new 2011. This was delivered 11/11. Only way to compare is: 2010 was like a high $ luxury vehicle, 2011 high $ rough riding piece of junk. 2010 rode, drove and looked like the high $ luxury vehicle I paid for. 2011 rides and drives like a low $ truck. Very rough riding; defroster doesn't work on drivers side and Heated mirror on drivers side doesn't work, both of which are a problem in an Ohio winter. Loud air noise in drivers side door, squeaking passenger front and rear door, seat turning blue from my blue jeans even though i paid extra for Zurich sealent, and after only 3 months the brackets on my running boards rusted out. The dealer had a GM rep come and drive the car and he stated that all of my complaints are within "federal guidelines" for the sale of a new vehicle. Straight talk; nothing is going to be done about the problems. I told the dealer and the GM rep I would rather have my 2010 back and be towed- in every few weeks, but at least enjoy the car I'm driving than to continue to drive the 2011 piece of junk. Not to mention I originally bought the Acadia instead of a Ford Explorer because of the size and the new 2011 was made very noticeably smaller even though GM denies any change. I often have strangers in a parking lot ask me how much I like my Acadia and I tell them the whole truth. I've driven a ford my whole life and I made a Hugh mistake going with a GM.
  • anakleon75anakleon75 Member Posts: 23
    its negative on my acadia11..been driving for 7mons up to date got no issues..hopefully wont have in future...tech probably does not know how to have codes on that popping..maybe you can have 2nd opinion to other service consultant...have a safe drive.......
  • lemonowner08lemonowner08 Member Posts: 36
    Tell your service tech there is a bulletin out for that popping or clunking. If it happens from a cold start, (not talking about stopping at stop sign), when you accelerate to about 7-10 miles per hour, then it probably that noisy ABS system self checking thing it does. I had a 2008 and I thought I was going to drop the engine or the rear end on the road at times. Ends up, it just needed an update. Doesn't take long...just have your tech read the technical service bulletin. The noise in my Acadia softened quite a bit, sometimes, it wasn't even noticeable. Now if the rest of that vehicle would have been that easy to fix, I wouldn't be driving an import right now! Funny how I have ABS in my Murano and it doesn't make any clunks or pops..How did they do it? :surprise:
    edited March 2011
    We drove another 2011 Acadia and it popped after take off. The dealer called GMC rep and noise is ABS module performing a self test. You would think on a car of this price that they could reduce the noise. Buyers beware, if you don't want to have to listen to two pops when you take off don't buy the Acadia. Other car manufacturers have solved this so you don't have to hear the pops. So the answer to the noise from GMC is LIVE WITH IT.
    Not to mention I originally bought the Acadia instead of a Ford Explorer because of the size and the new 2011 was made very noticeably smaller even though GM denies any change.

That's the funniest thing I've read in awhile. You must be getting bigger if you think the 2011 Acadia is smaller than the 2010. Are you sure they didn't give you a 2011 Terrain? Did you check the badge on the back? :confuse:
  • codyfirstcodyfirst Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to see how we can initiate one. I have a 2008 GMC Acadia that has had the water pump replaced, strut mounts replaced (still noise) and leakage from the window above the 2nd/3rd roll of seats. GMC only paid for the pump. I spent $400+ to replace the strut mounts and $650 for the leak. I was charged 7 hours of labor for the leak and $24 worth of parts. And all they did was resealed the window (without taking out the original bad seal). I thought the repairs had to return the vehicle to its "original" manufactured look -- looks like someone caulked my bathroom instead. I spoke to GMC Customer Service and got the "each dealership is independently owned" and GMC can't do a single thing. I've been in the military for 19 years and when things like this happens, I am conflicted on why I'm fighting for these greedy bastards who rip innocent, hard-working Americans paying $30-45K for one of their cars. Dodge did it to me once and never again will I buy a Dodge. My 13th vehicle and I've only had issues with US built vehicles. I'll gladly join in a class action.
  • akrivosheinakrivoshein Member Posts: 5
    If some one starts a class action lawsuit I would like to be included.
  • nmatosnmatos Member Posts: 5
    I am already in the process of a suit... I called 1800-lemonlaw... they are fantastic they work on breach of warranty claims as well as lemon law cases... they were referred by a friend who used them... the suit went very successful for her...
  • jamtecjamtec Member Posts: 2
    No I'm quite sure I know the difference between an Acadia and a terrain. It is shorter in height and length. We also haven't added onto our garage and I haven't gotten any bigger.
    No I'm quite sure I know the difference between an Acadia and a terrain. It is shorter in height and length. We also haven't added onto our garage and I haven't gotten any bigger.

The Acadia has not been redesigned for 2011 and the dimensions are the same between the 2010 and 2011. Dimensions for both years:

Length 200.7"
    Height 69.9" (without roof rack)
    Width 78.2"
  • skpaskpa Member Posts: 3
    My 2011 Acadia that I purchased in November emits blue and black smoke on start ups. My first reaction was the car was blowing oil. Regional GMC DSM reviewed the start up and had never seen this before. We start 3 brand new Acadias on the lot and they all dispersed the blue and black smoke for about 30-45 seconds. GM Engineering claims that this condition is created by fuel being dispersed into the catalytic converter on start ups to heat the converter quickly. The bi-product is blue and black smoke. Apparently this condition exists on the 10 and 11 Acadias. It appears that many people in GM Sales and Service are not aware of the condition.

If it is such a "normal" condition why isn't this explained in the owners manual or by the sales department? Apparently this condition exists on the Buick Enclave and the Chevy Traverse as well. Their are numerous inquiries about this condition. All of the videos clips I have taken detail a consistent condition on cold starts.

I would not have purchased this car if I had seen this condition and unless remedied by GM, I am not sure how long I will keep this car.

Come on GM...we want to continue to buy American and keep jobs and $$ here. There is no way your $35K+ vehicles should be blowing blue and black smoke on start ups.
  • iracirac Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I would like to alert all Acadia owners out there.I recently had to replace the engine in it due to debris in oil port that supposely came from a napa oil filter.a piece of plastic looking material was found pluging the port under the head gasket. GM would not warrant the motor because they said the problem was caused by a after market product.Problem was found in Dec. 2010.GM sent a service bullentine out in June 2010 according to local dealer advising them of problems caused by aftermarket oil filters.I do not unterstand why I was not notified! OIL life indicator showed 65% when problem occured.Car has 32000 miles and is not quite 3 years old.New engine costs $7200.00. The correct NAPA filter was on the car.I sent the filter to NAPA and they tested the filter,They confirmed the filter had problems but refused to fix the engine .They claim the filter was used past its useful life?I repeat, oil life monitor said 65% left .I contacted GMC customer service and was given case #, etc., but to no resolution.They refuse to cover any repairs.I have tried to buy GM products and NAPA products for years . I am terribly disapointed in both companies !!!!!!!!!!
  • bhoppykbhoppyk Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2008 Acadia, drove it home and noticed problems right away. The radio kept turning itself on and the service engine light came on but there were no keys in the ignition. Next morning, battery was dead. After jumping it off and driving to work, the vehicle would not turn off?? Ran for about 30 seconds before dying out. I found water coming out of every nook and cranny in the head liner. Took it straight back to the dealer and they are fixing it. Told me water had leaked into the fuse box and rusted it out so they had to replace it. My husband hasn't even signed the loan papers yet....very nervous about what's to come.
    jayeo,
    Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • bhoppykbhoppyk Member Posts: 3
    Hi Christina, my VIN # is 1GKER23718J136678 and the mileage is 93109. I had it less than 24 hours!! After reading all the complaints on the water leaks, i am worried about electrical issues every time it rains.
  • traci4traci4 Member Posts: 5
    I too had my engine replaced in January 2010. That November my car engine was ticking. I had my oil changed at the dealership and at Valvoline (Valvoline was much cheaper and quicker). I took it to Valvoline to have an oil change and they mentioned the noise also. I immediately drove it to the dealership where they found oil filter paper in the engine. They had to remove my engine to have a closer look. We were not going to pay for a new engine when my car had 29,000 miles on it and I bought it brand new. GM said they were not going to pay for the engine and neither was Valvoline. Well,my car sat at the dealership for 7 weeks without and engine because we refused to pay. Thankfully, we had another vehicle. We went to the attorney generals office and filed some paper work because neither company was working with us. Both Valvoline and GM said they had the filter paper independently tested and it came back "not theirs". Eventually, when asked to see the report from the independent lab the paper work was not to be found. Finally, another test was done and it turned out to be Valvolines oil filter that caused the problem. After 7 LONG weeks, Valvoline was held responsible to pay for a new engine.

I just wanted to let you know what happened with mine and hope I hope all works out with you.

I was also not notified about after market oil filters and was only told in Nov 2009 when we had these problems. You say the bulletin went out in June 2010 but my dealership had one from 2009.

~Traci
    rbouch,
    Have your concerns been addressed?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    jayeo,
    Can you please email me your contact information (including a good number to reach you), VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I would like to look into this.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • medhatmedhat Member Posts: 1
    2008 All-Wheel Drive Acadia 50,000 miles. I was preparing to pass a vehicle and my vehicle began to accelerate unaided. It was either a stuck gas pedal (don't think it was this), or transmission. The cruise control was "ON" but I had not engaged it. I turned off the cruise first - no reaction - then stepped on the brakes - then slammed on the brakes hard to finally get it to stop accelerating. I almost rear-ended the truck in front of me. I finished my trip very carefully without using cruise again. Anyone had a similar experience?
  • calbear99calbear99 Member Posts: 1
    bhoppyk, Just registered with Edmunds. I have a 2008 Acadia and the same leakage as you describe happened to me....not only this, but in February I had the 50,000 mile checkkup....immediately after that, one week, the battery went dead....jumpped it and drove for 20 minutes...check engine light came on and msg: engine hot....turned out that the battery was dead and needed to be replaced, not under warrenty plus the water pump had been leaking....a week later, the engine light comes on again and the engine would not shift out of 1st gear....turned out to be the upper valve unit had to be replaced....seems GMC doesn't make the part any longer and fortunately, maybe not, they found the only one left in the USofA!! all covered by warrenty....then not even a week later, the check engine light comes on again, msg: engine hot, engine keeps running after turning off the key, and low and behold the darn radio turned on by itself and you know the rest of the story.....leakage from my sun roof into the fuse box assembly.......what a night mare.....i'm thinking I should call the lemmon car agency and see if I can get a new car!!!!!
  • hdorehdore Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2011 Acadia on Feb. 14, 2011. It was towed to the dealership on March 14, 2011. My transmisson went out while waiting in line at a drive threw window during my lunch break. It started making a rattling noise. My vehicle did not want to go forward. We turned it off and then turned it back on and it started working again. My husband parked it to check the transmisson fluid and it was good. When he got back in he put it in reverse to back up and nothing would happen. He had to get out of the vehicle and push it to get me out of the parking lot. Then we put it in drive and drove back to where I work. I couldn't go faster then 10 mph and the vehicle was straining to get there. Thank God I was just down the road from where I work. We called the dealership and they sent a tow truck. It's still in the shop waiting for a new transmission. They said there was a problem with the transmissions and all the 2011 models had been fixed and taken care of on the line. Apparently they forgot to fix mine. They told me the big guys from GM flew down to Louisiana to see what happen to my Acadia because they were shocked that something like that had happened. Yeah right?? Whatever! Now its in the shop and I haven't even paid my first note yet. Needless to say I am VERY VERY disappointed with GM. But what can I do??
  • atowneratowner Member Posts: 3
    Just read your post and know your pain. My 2007 Acadia had transmission problems at about 50,000 miles. It was in the shop for 60 out of 180 days. Four different situations with the transmission. Each time they "fixed" one thing and then another problem would occur. In January, GM told me it was "really fixed" and we could either drive it or buy a new one(they certainly were offering us a deal"). Too old for the lemon law. Be careful--are they really giving you a new transmission or just trying to repair the one that is in there. Protocol, according to the service manage at the dealership that we worked with, is to fix not replace. Needless to say, we got rid of ours as we didn't feel safe with so many transmission issues.
    edited March 2011
    I emailed GMC about the popping in my 2011 Acadia, after two weeks and 4 calls talking to reps. The GMC rep called this morning and said there was nothing they could do. I asked them if they know this is going to be a problem, why don't they put a disclaimer on the cars since they have known about this problem for years and of course I got the standard answer: Thank you for calling GMC........ When someone rides with me and they heard the popping I get "What's that"so it is not good advertising for GMC. Other makers of vehicals have ABS modules and don't have this noise problem.
  • melissatsmelissats Member Posts: 5
    Not sure if you had it taken care of by now, I had that problem with my Aciadafrom the day I bought it. It took about a year to finally fix that problem.