Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• empowahempowah Member Posts: 70

kydfx, when you check the March programs, can you post the residuals and MF for the E250 BlueTEC and E350 sedans as well?

Thanks!

• orthojoeorthojoe Member Posts: 12

kydfx, can you also post residuals and MF for the E350 wagon as well? I'm interested in 24 and 36 month for 12k/15k yearly mileage limits. Thank you

• octoucanoctoucan Member Posts: 55

Cross shopping the E550 Coupe and C63. Looking forward to details on MF & residual on E550 coupe. Are there any promotional deals?

10K miles a year
    24 or 36 months lease (or similar)

Thank you in advance.

• Davo818Davo818 Member Posts: 10

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    March programs just came out today... It will be later in the week before we get that info.

Kydfx, can you please post the residual percentage for E350 Sedan on a 24 and 27 month lease with 7500 miles per year also, the MF and what rebates are available on them, if any? Thank you

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@empowah said:
    kydfx, when you check the March programs, can you post the residuals and MF for the E250 BlueTEC and E350 sedans as well?

Thanks!

E250 BTC: Standard MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

E350: .00136 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@orthojoe said:
    kydfx, can you also post residuals and MF for the E350 wagon as well? I'm interested in 24 and 36 month for 12k/15k yearly mileage limits. Thank you

Standard money factor and 59% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. 67% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr.

Add 2% for 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@octoucan said:
    Cross shopping the E550 Coupe and C63. Looking forward to details on MF & residual on E550 coupe. Are there any promotional deals?

10K miles a year
    24 or 36 months lease (or similar)

Thank you in advance.

Standard money factor and 67%/56% residual, respectively.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@Davo818 said:
    Kydfx, can you please post the residual percentage for E350 Sedan on a 24 and 27 month lease with 7500 miles per year also, the MF and what rebates are available on them, if any? Thank you

.00136 MF and 69% for 27mo, 7.5K/yr lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Add 2% for 12K/yr.

Thank you. The information you gave me was totally correct when I went to speak to the dealer today. However, I was disappointed to see that they were giving me a money factor of .00299 for the E350 Wagon. This is with a perfect/very high credit score. Does that money factor sound right, or were they trying to rip me off?

Many Mercedes dealers will mark up the money factor for additional profit, especially on models that use the standard money factor. The base MF is .00195-.00225.

I wouldn't say they were necessarily trying to rip you off... Maybe, just seeing what the market would bear. What's an extra $80-$100 per month in finance charges, between friends?

When negotiations get serious, you just have to insist on the base MF, or walk. But, a lot of Mercedes dealers feel they are above all that, you know... ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972

If you are trying to lease a car which only has the "standard" money factor, then it's time to use multiple security deposits to reduce that money factor.

• twatchko01twatchko01 Member Posts: 23

Hi - just returned from MB of Devon - received a quote for a E350 4Matic on a 27mo lease with both 12k and 15k miles/year

MSRP - 61650
    Cap Cost reduction - 57248
    United/Chase MPP discount (program I'm in) - 3500
    Gross Cost 53748

gave me a MF of .00160 and residual of 65% on 15k/yr and 67% for 12k/yr
    $1808 upfront for 15k lease
    $1760 " " 12k lease

Payment -
    715.70/mo 15k/yr
    668.08/mo 12k/yr

Both seem high to me. I do the basic lease calculations and I'm coming up with less - what am I missing? Also, they are asking for both a disposition fee and acquisition fee? I thought you could only do one - are at least acquisition up front and disposition when car is turned in?

Lastly, CA is telling me that it is impossible to find E-class cars with heated steering wheels? That sounds ridiculous to me.

Sounds somewhat reasonable. There is an acquisition fee of $795, marked up to 1095 by many dealers. There is an "administration fee" that most dealers add after you reach an agreed on price...somewhere between 495 and 699 in my experience. The disposition fee is paid at the end of the lease...and waived if you lease another MB, etc...it should not be part of what you pay during the lease. If you lease, you should always buy MB maintenance as part of the lease. Instead of the $1000 or so "MSRP" on the maintenance, you really only pay 37% of that on your 12k/yr lease..it's treated like any other feature...and a great deal because of this.

• khurramakhurrama Member Posts: 14

Hi,
    Could you please provide the March MF and residual on an e350 4matic sedan with 24/27 month and 12k per year? How much do you add to the residual if it's 10k? Also, do you know what if any incentives are available for March?
    Thanks a ton!

Thanks again for the info, kyfdx. Very informative and good to know in the future.

@orthojoe said:
    Thanks again for the info, kyfdx. Very informative and good to know in the future.

In fact, they did lower the money factor after I walked. ;-)

@khurrama said:
    Hi,
    Could you please provide the March MF and residual on an e350 4matic sedan with 24/27 month and 12k per year? How much do you add to the residual if it's 10k? Also, do you know what if any incentives are available for March?
    Thanks a ton!

.00130 MF and 67% residual for 27mo, 12K/yr.

10K/yr residual is 1% higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bwest1bwest1 Member Posts: 12

Hi kyfdx, I might not be seeing this... can you post the March money factor, residuals for both e350 / e550 convertibles at 36 months, 10k/year, "super" top tier and top tier?

@bwest1 said:
    Hi kyfdx, I might not be seeing this... can you post the March money factor, residuals for both e350 / e550 convertibles at 36 months, 10k/year, "super" top tier and top tier?

.00118 MF and 59% for the E350

Standard money factor and 56% for the E550..

Standard money factor would be .00195-.00225

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bwest1bwest1 Member Posts: 12

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    thanks... what is the difference for 39 months?

• jefhack1jefhack1 Member Posts: 16

Can you also share how the E350 cabriolet residual grows (from 59%) for 6K/year lease and 24 month term? Thanks.

@bwest1 said:
    thanks... what is the difference for 39 months?

I don't have any info on 39 month programs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@jefhack1 said:
    Can you also share how the E350 cabriolet residual grows (from 59%) for 6K/year lease and 24 month term? Thanks.

The residual for a 24 month, 7.5K/yr lease on the E350 convertible is 70%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jefhack1jefhack1 Member Posts: 16

Thank you!

• louie1976louie1976 Member Posts: 11

Hi Kyfdx,

Would appreciate if you would please post the MF and Residuals for:
    e350 Sedan -- 36 mo / 10k
    e550 Sedan -- 36 mo / 10k

Thanks in advance!

@louie1976 said:
    Hi Kyfdx,

Would appreciate if you would please post the MF and Residuals for:
    e350 Sedan -- 36 mo / 10k
    e550 Sedan -- 36 mo / 10k

Thanks in advance!

E350: .00136 MF and 60% residual

E550: Standard money factor and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• louie1976louie1976 Member Posts: 11

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    E550: Standard money factor and 62% residual

Thank you very much!

• JacobieJacobie Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2014

Hi kydfx, My lease is up this July with my 2011 E350, dealer offer me this:

*2014 E Class Polar White with P1 pkg etc.
    MSRP inc des. $57,775
    Term 27 months, 12k miles/yr, residual $38,859 (67%) , downpayment $1490, Monthy payment $518.66 including CA tax..Is this a good deal?

• m156m156 Member Posts: 2

Any info on MF and residuals for E63S sedan (and E63 sedan if different) 12k miles 36 month and whatever the best shorter term deal is (27, 24, ect).

Thinking of getting out of my C63 coupe early and into an E63S just want to run some numbers on what kind of deal I can work on an off lot '14 or wait and order a '15.

Thanks

@Jacobie said:
    Hi kydfx, My lease is up this July with my 2011 E350, dealer offer me this:

*2014 E Class Polar White with P1 pkg etc.
    MSRP inc des. $57,775
    Term 27 months, 12k miles/yr, residual $38,859 (67%) , downpayment $1490, Monthy payment $518.66 including CA tax..Is this a good deal?

Is your $1490 the total amount due at signing? Or, just the amount of the CAP cost reduction? It's always good to know the money factor and selling price, before you sign on the dotted line.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@m156 said:
    Any info on MF and residuals for E63S sedan (and E63 sedan if different) 12k miles 36 month and whatever the best shorter term deal is (27, 24, ect).

Thinking of getting out of my C63 coupe early and into an E63S just want to run some numbers on what kind of deal I can work on an off lot '14 or wait and order a '15.

Thanks

The E63 and E63S both use the standard money factor. The 36mo, 12K residual for the E63 is 59%. I'm not certain of the E63S residual, but it looks like it might be 4% lower.

There aren't any special shorter leases on this model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• m156m156 Member Posts: 2

Thanks, really appreciate it - gotta hit the dealer this week and see what comes of it :)

• gmichaelgmichael Member Posts: 4

Hello all, Could anyone tell me what would be a great lease deal on a 2014 e-350 4 matic luxury with premium 1 package, panaramic roof and wood steering wheel?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@gmichael said:
    Hello all, Could anyone tell me what would be a great lease deal on a 2014 e-350 4 matic luxury with premium 1 package, panaramic roof and wood steering wheel?

We will need a bit more information - MSRP, selling price, lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• swazy25swazy25 Member Posts: 2

Can I get the current mf and residual for a 2014 E350 36 and 27 mo? Sticker price is 59,200, current dealer offer is 53,690 sale price.

edited March 2014

@swazy25 said:
    Can I get the current mf and residual for a 2014 E350 36 and 27 ? Sticker price is 59,200, current dealer offer is 53,690 sale price.

MF is .00136

Residual is 65% for 24 or 27 months, 61% for 30 months and 57% for 36 months.

The above residuals are for 15K leases. Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• swazy25swazy25 Member Posts: 2

Dealer is showing me MF of .00166 for 36 and 27. with a 57% resid for each.

@swazy25 said:
    Dealer is showing me MF of .00166 for 36 and 27. with a 57% resid for each.

Money factor could be marked up - dealers are allowed to do that for more profit.

Residual is set by the finance company - can't explain why they have 57% while our numbers are higher. I'm suspicious that they have the same residual for the different lease terms; generally a shorter term results in a higher residual. This month MB has a special where the 24 month residual is valid on a 27 month lease.

Is there another dealer you can work with?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Smartinez24Smartinez24 Member Posts: 24

Michaell@edmundsDeal offered....
    64,720 e350
    Sale price 56k.
    27months 10k miles.
    I owe 3843 to my current lease.
    The will cut me the check for the current Infiniti lease

789 a month 2100 down.
    What else can I do to lower this and do the numbers add up ?

@Smartinez24 said:
    Michaell@edmundsDeal offered....
    64,720 e350
    Sale price 56k.
    27months 10k miles.
    I owe 3843 to my current lease.
    The will cut me the check for the current Infiniti lease

789 a month 2100 down.
    What else can I do to lower this and do the numbers add up ?

Using the standard money factor (.00136) and residual (68% for 10K mpy), I get a pre-tax payment of $580.10 for a 27 month lease.

Are you certain they aren't rolling some or all of the Infiniti negative equity into your lease? They could also mark up the MF, though that wouldn't account for the $200 delta.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

.00136 is NOT the standard money factor...it is a special money factor that's being offered. The distinction is important because you can't take a discount for multiple security deposits of a special money factor.

I think it's pretty clear that they are just adding in the amount they are going to pay off...it's not just free money although they would love you to think it is.

You can lower even a special money factor by .0001 by just using autopay (pay each month automatically from a bank account). It's not much of a saving..but any saving is a saving.

Finally, whatever lease you wind up with, make sure that it includes mercedes standard maintenance. You have to do the maintenance anyway so here's why you add it up front. The 20,000 maintenance package costs $795. However it's treated as a feature on the car....so you only pay 33% of it (because it has a residual value...just like any other feature). The package actually costs you $262...for mercedes scheduled maintenance during your 27 mo lease.

@ghstudio said:
    .00136 is NOT the standard money factor...it is a special money factor that's being offered. The distinction is important because you can't take a discount for multiple security deposits of a special money factor.

I think it's pretty clear that they are just adding in the amount they are going to pay off...it's not just free money although they would love you to think it is.

You can lower even a special money factor by .0001 by just using autopay (pay each month automatically from a bank account). It's not much of a saving..but any saving is a saving.

Finally, whatever lease you wind up with, make sure that it includes mercedes standard maintenance. You have to do the maintenance anyway so here's why you add it up front. The 20,000 maintenance package costs $795. However it's treated as a feature on the car....so you only pay 33% of it (because it has a residual value...just like any other feature). The package actually costs you $262...for mercedes scheduled maintenance during your 27 mo lease.

ghstudio, thanks for the clarification. I do understand that the .00136 is not the standard MF but rather a promotional one. I misspoke in my original response.

Always nice to have another set of eyes review these questions - and the answers. :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

null

You guys think I can have them actually swallow some of the payments. Or drop the sales price even further? I'm about 2k away from where I need to be. Which is at 6xx a month.
    Thank you guys in advance. Btw these fees are they all mandate by Mercedes ? Bank fees etc. because besides the first month payments and DMV (which is a transfer of plates) I'm not sure if I actually have to give up 2100 down ?????

Thank you

Mercedes lease origination fee is $795 which many dealers mark up to $1095. The only things you have to pay up front are the first month's payment plus any legally required fees (registration, taxes). Everything else can just be rolled into the lease.

• sr4b1sr4b1 Member Posts: 20

2014 E350 Lease - Lane tracking, blind spot, p1, keyless go, comfort box, sport. MSRP approx $60k. Cap Cost $50k. 39 month lease BUT can turn in at 30 months with no penalty. I got mine in Sep. last year, when it was a brand new model. I pay $699 + tax per month. Zero down. 12k per year, but can turn with as much 39k miles at the 30 month mark...

I've called almost all of the dealers in TX and they are generally more than Leasefax com, but not by too much. The big advantage of Leasefax is that you're not locked into any one brand--they use US Bank.

The other thing is the pull ahead. While MB dealers usually allow 3 months (off a 39 month lease) and sometimes as much as 6, but I'm getting 9 months.

Probably the best deal is if you buy, but if you lease, then this is definitely the least hassle and a pretty competitive lease rate...Highly recommended...

• dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2014

Starting searching another E350 to replace our 2013 E350 ($59.7k -24mo.) lease due on 8/14 w/4 pmt remain. We are asking to match current lease @535/mo incl 9% SoCal tax with $1k drive off 1k mi per mo and incl. 2 yrs service contract. For the same 2014 MSRP, dealer is asking $585/mo incl tax w/$1k and same everything. I'm waiting for April number to see if dealer welling to go deeper discount.

@dl_amg said:
    Starting searching another E350 to replace our 2013 E350 ($59.7k -24mo.) lease due on 8/14 w/4 pmt remain. We are asking to match current lease 535/mo incl 9% SoCal tax with $1k drive off 1k mi per mo and incl. 2 yrs service contract. For the same 2014 MSRP, dealer is asking $585/mo incl tax w/$1k and same everything. I'm waiting for April number to see if dealer welling to go deeper discount.

It may be a week or so before the April numbers are available to us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok continued the talks. Now they are offering the same car from above at 720 a month with 2052 down. If this sticks im taking it. That would put sale price at around 54500 from 64720. What you guys think?
  • inteplayerinteplayer Member Posts: 8

Thanks for all pervious post, just close a lease deal. 2014 E-350 MSRP 59.4K, 27 month lease,
    2k down include first month payment $600 and DMV fee, $600/month include tax, In South CA. I don't think I got good enough deal, waht do you guys think?

• bratvabratva Member Posts: 22

Hello, could you please provide Money Factor and Residual #s for April... E350 27 months with 10k miles year, thank you !!

This discussion has been closed.