Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    stever said:

Never fails. May have to really look hard at a Prius soon.

Then flip it when gas pops $5 a gallon in a year. B)

Agitator! ;)

Happy Turkey!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2014
    Looking for an empty mayo jar right now so I can make the rim sing along with the fine crystal. :D

Morning paper said the cheapest gas in the state was $2.32 up in Albuquerque.
    edited November 2014
    stever said:

Looking for an empty mayo jar right now so I can make the rim sing along with the fine crystal. :D

Hey,when you have a chance to pop someone's balloon, you have to take it :D

• gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Albuquerque has some cheap gas for sure. San Diego lowest is $2.79. However we have you beat on Diesel at $3.23 CC price. The Union 76 station I used twice on my Oregon trip is down to $3.01 for diesel. They have RUG for $2.99. That is the lowest price for diesel of all my favorites on Gas Buddy.
    edited November 2014
    Filled up today for $2.35. Not too shabby. Didn't even have to wait for a pump on a Saturday afternoon. Don't think this Murphy even has diesel, and I never think to check on Premium prices.

We did an El Paso airport run last night and gas down there is the same as San Diego. When you cross back into New Mexico, the first exit has gas for $2.49.
    $2.93

another 2 cents worth :)
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Filled up for $2.45 RUG yesterday.
    PF_Flyer said:

$2.93

another 2 cents worth :)

Too quick on the trigger :o I should have waited for the news story to come out about the possibility of crude dropping to $40. By lunchtime, price was down again to $2.89
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    Stever,

How's the price in LA?

Is it sticker shock compared to NM?
    I see the diesel price just South of you in Roseburg, OR has dropped under 3 bucks. That is the Union 76 station I used for my time in Oregon. My cheapest Shell went down another penny to $3.26 on credit card. Most Chevron stations charge extra for CC. ARCO does not take CC only cash or Debit with a charge for debit.
    slorenzen said:

Stever,

How's the price in LA?

Is it sticker shock compared to NM?

Better than expected - saw regular this morning for $2.99 a gallon. Cheap. B)
    Two Buck Gas just in time for Christmas Travel, Merry Christmas....

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/energy/gas-below-2-gallon-its-oklahoma-n261376
    Guess we won't be needing this with the gas glut.

'nother nickel to $2.84
    $2.27 spotted tonight.
    edited December 2014
    So much for trying for one tank a month (we did have company for a week, and made 3 airport runs, but still...). Yet another fill-up this morning:

RUG $2.24
    Midgrade $2.34
    Premium $2.49
    Diesel $3.32
    edited December 2014
    ARCO is trying not to be outdone by Costco. Two ARCO stations selling diesel at $2.99 just 20 cents over RUG and under Premium. First San Diego stations under $3 for diesel.

A penny at a time apparently... $2.83
    Our Taos friends are visiting and their truck is running on fumes. It's ~7 miles to the closest station and it's running $2.46 for regular (at least it's downhill all the way).

Across town it's $2.15 for the cheap gas place.
    stever said:

Our Taos friends are visiting and their truck is running on fumes. It's ~7 miles to the closest station and it's running $2.46 for regular (at least it's downhill all the way).
    Across town it's $2.15 for the cheap gas place.

Should have bought a Ram diesel PU with 750 mile range. When will people learn? :)
    edited December 2014
    Diesel dropped here too; I think it's $3.23 at one station.

Our friends did have a '93 Dodge with a Cummins in it and drove it to Boise a few times when we lived there. Had way too many problems with the TPS and injector pumps (four of those), and it was rough and noisy. They swore 'em off due to the expensive repairs. For this truck they got a Tacoma - zero issues except for a cracked serpentine belt that they replaced before it broke.
    $2.79, diesel running at $3.59
    $2.74 this morning. Down a nickel. I remember when you used to be able to get a Hershey for a nickel :p
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    PF_Flyer said:

$2.74 this morning. Down a nickel. I remember when you used to be able to get a Hershey for a nickel :p

Yeah, and I remember getting Levi's 501's for $5 at the Army/Navy surplus store...

They cost more now.

:(
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    Paid $3 even for Chevron PUG yesterday. I want to say diesel was around $3.25, so the spread isn't too bad.
    We in CA may have a surprise at the pumps come January 1st

California climate change policies to hit pocketbooks

Impact on prices debated

Many economists disagree, although they're divided on just how high prices might rise. A study commissioned by the Western States Petroleum Association estimated that bringing fuels into the cap-and-trade system will push up costs to oil companies by 14 cents to 69 cents per gallon - costs that the companies will likely pass on to consumers. UC Davis economist James Bushnell, meanwhile, puts the cost to consumers at 8.5 to 9 cents per gallon.

As modest as that sounds, Bushnell still considers January a "moment of truth" for California's fight against climate change.

http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/California-climate-change-policies-to-hit-5642825.php

Will the illegal tax hit us in CA?

http://www.news10.net/story/news/local/sacramento/2014/11/11/carbon-tax-will-pump-up-california-gas-prices-january-1/16005672/
    Regular is down a nickel today to $2.10 here.
    Still at $2.74 here (which includes the "temporary" 10 cent WOW WE GOT A LOT OF SNOW tax from 1994)
    edited December 2014
    Great headlines in the morning paper - what I save on gas I can invest in PowerBall tix.

QT up the road is just over that ($2.06), but has been dropping steadily...we'll see...
    We're special... all the way down to $2.69
    edited December 2014
    Made the rounds this afternoon - the line at the Bradley station was long both times we cruised by it. Regular was $1.92. Buying gas wasn't even on the todo list, but we have an airport run to El Paso Monday so I pulled in at the Dylan's in the middle of the Main Street road construction. Had to pay $1.93 there. Too bad I only needed 14 gallons. :)

Dylan's had diesel for $3.09, midgrade was $2.06. Several of the diesel pumps were shut down for some reason.

(oh, my PowerBall number is 17 for Saturday night).
    stever said:

Made the rounds this afternoon - the line at the Bradley station was long both times we cruised by it. Regular was $2.92. Buying gas wasn't even on the todo list, but we have an airport run to El Paso Monday so I pulled in at the Dylan's in the middle of the Main Street road construction. Had to pay $2.93 there. Too bad I only needed 14 gallons. :)

Dylan's had diesel for $3.09, midgrade was $2.06. Several of the diesel pumps were shut down for some reason.

(oh, my PowerBall number is 17 for Saturday night).

I assume you meant $1.92 and $1.93 for RUG
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    @gagrice, I drove by a local Shell station today. $3.999 for PUG. I'm guessing they don't have any. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    @gagrice, thanks, fixed.

Still just doesn't look right, lol.
    If you had told me last year that we would see $2 gas again I would think you were crazy. I am sure there are political reasons. Just not sure of all that is in play here. Could be part of the games we are playing with Putin. Several other economies will fail before Russia.
    Yeah, like Alaska, North Dakota, Texas. We get about 25% of general fund revenues from oil and gas here in NM.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    $2.299 for RUG at the Kroger today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

$1.92 at QT! $2 is no more!
    Went by one of the newer Walmarts here and they are holding at $2.06. Must not have got the memo.

Citywide, the average probably is $2.25 or so.
    $2.299 for RUG at the Kroger today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Going across I-80 today I paid $2.59 at a Love's travel stop, saw $2.49 at a Flying J, and got home to a steady $2.69
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    Paid $2.93 (cash) for PUG at Chevron today. The cash discounts are now more than the savings from Amex.
    How many use Vons, Safeway or Albertsons to get discount gas? How will the forced sale of 146 stores effect you? Has anyone heard of Haggen grocery chain? They are getting 25 of our stores for conversion. Around here Chevron offers discounts for Vons buyers.

http://www.sdbj.com/news/2014/dec/19/25-local-supermarkets-are-among-146-being-acquired/
    edited December 2014
    We have Albertsons (owned by Cerberus of Chrysler fame I guess), but they don't require any cards for getting specials so I don't have one anymore. They don't have their own pumps here either I don't think. My wife likes the ones here but all in all I'd rather do Walmart for staples and produce and hit the local "Toucan" for the meat and bread. And Mexican Cokes.

Looks like Albertsons split off Valero gas stations and I use them sometimes.

Don't know if they sell gas but my favorite name for groceries is a brand owned by owfg.com. Hit a lot of their BC stores back in the day - how can you not love a grocery named "overweightee"? :p

The grocery you really want to lobby for is WinCo.

Looks like a good road trip year ahead:

U.S. Families To Save $550 on Gas in 2015, Government Report Says
    Friends are taking off for Moscow ID tomorrow. They usually fly. They just bought a new Fusion and figure the gas will be less than one RT airfare. 4 of them in that car seems tight. The two girls are thin. All four will be driving, so straight through they will go.
    gagrice said:

Friends are taking off for Moscow ID tomorrow. They usually fly. They just bought a new Fusion and figure the gas will be less than one RT airfare. 4 of them in that car seems tight. The two girls are thin. All four will be driving, so straight through they will go.

My DIL is leaving for St. George, UT tomorrow to spend the holidays with her family. It was suggested she fly - RT airfare was running about $600! It's about 5 or 6 tanks of gas round trip between CO and UT - at no more than $30 or so per tank I wouldn't think she'll spend more than $200 on gas.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Gas at two stations downtown tonight was $1.83 for regular.
    We dropped again, but still up at $2.65
    $2.239 for RUG at the local Kroger. Paid $2.559 (after .10 discount) for Shell V-Power 91 on Sunday for the wife's car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator