Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Michaell said:

$2.239 for RUG at the local Kroger. Paid $2.559 (after .10 discount) for Shell V-Power 91 on Sunday for the wife's car.

Man, everybody got lower pricing than me :'(
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    PF_Flyer said:

Michaell said:

$2.239 for RUG at the local Kroger. Paid $2.559 (after .10 discount) for Shell V-Power 91 on Sunday for the wife's car.

Man, everybody got lower pricing than me :'(

Pretty bad when you have higher prices than San Diego. Our Costco stores are all at $2.35 for RUG and the one Costco with diesel is at $2.65. Shell RUG as low as $2.49.
    $2.63 for Christmas... still not San Diego-ish
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,700
    $1.83 in Dallas...
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Good to hear; my sister reports that it's around $2 a gallon over in Chattanooga so I can splurge on hotels a bit this next trip.
    $1+ premium for diesel? So much for saving money...
    It sure is nice having some of the lowest diesel prices in the nation. Even better the prices are lower in Roseburg Oregon where I will be taking my Spring vacation.

Costco holding at $2.65, only 6 cents higher than Premium.

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/Costco_Gas_Stations/Chula_Vista/75686/index.aspx
    On Wednesday, a 9.8 cent gas tax increase went into effect here in PA, yet our local price dropped to $2.55 which is still higher than a lot of places. Not that I'm into conspiracies, but it sure does feel like our prices have been held high so that the tax increase could be eased in and have it look like the price was still dropping.
    Our cheapest gas went back up a nickel to $1.87 a couple of days after I posted my pic above and has been holding there.
  • slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    stever said:

Our cheapest gas went back up a nickel to $1.87 a couple of days after I posted my pic above and has been holding there.

You have a real mean streak, ya know that Stever?

What's really killing me is that regular is $1.67 in Detroit. Just can't believe that.
  • jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206
    Petrol prices near me in the states (Oswego/Plano, IL area) were $1.79 early Monday morning then increased roughly 50 cents to $2.26 on average that evening, have been holding steady at that price ever since. Still can't complain but just wondering why the jump
    jae5 said:

Petrol prices near me in the states (Oswego/Plano, IL area) were $1.79 early Monday morning then increased roughly 50 cents to $2.26 on average that evening, have been holding steady at that price ever since. Still can't complain but just wondering why the jump

Was there some tax increase like California just implemented? Theirs went up 70 cents/gallon to combat global warming...I don't know what that means...
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    $1.899 for RUG at Kroger.

Paid $2.299 for Shell V-Power 91 on Monday for the wife's car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Didn't need any (probably will kick myself next week), but the cheap stations downtown fell to $1.73 for regular.
    No changes here in San Diego. Cheapest $2.29 for RUG, $2.59 for diesel.
    edited January 2015
    Not bad - for California, not bad at all.

Not sure why the cheapest diesel I've spotted here is $2.99. I don't think many people use heating oil and there's no civilian jets flying around. There's a big railroad terminal near the state line as you approach El Paso (they probably have their own pipeline), but nothing else really competing with diesel usage besides trucks that I can think of.
    $2.45 for RUG now...considering we've had almost 20 cents of new taxes added over the lat 12 months... :o
  • jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206
    slorenzen said:

Was there some tax increase like California just implemented? Theirs went up 70 cents/gallon to combat global warming...I don't know what that means...

Don't think so as this morning a couple stations went back to $1.79. Maybe increased the price due to the arctic blast we're going through and stations looking for extra profit with everyone filling their tanks?
    One of my "usual" stations went up to $1.78 today - I was approaching it from the wrong direction anyway on the way to lunch so I kept going. Found a Circle K for $1.73. $29 fill-up felt pretty good.

Diesel was $2.86 there.
    $2.39, $3.29 for diesel
    $1.779 for RUG at Kroger

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    Took a quick round trip to and from Portland today - saw RUG as low as ~$2.10 along the way. My car average roughly 30mpg, which is pretty cool - can drive there, drive around there, drive home, under $40.
    Best go fill up tonight or tomorrow.

Big Philadelphia refinery partially shut by fire (businesstimes.com)
    fintail said:
    Took a quick round trip to and from Portland today - saw RUG as low as ~$2.10 along the way. My car average roughly 30mpg, which is pretty cool - can drive there, drive around there, drive home, under $40.
    I'm thinking about a road trip to CA this summer. If gas prices hold steady, I can get there for $75 or so. 1100 miles and 3 tanks of gas each way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,486
    My local Exxon station (my benchmark now) dropped frm 1.99.9 Friday to 1.97.9 today. Keeps going the right direction!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

stever said:

Best go fill up tonight or tomorrow.

Big Philadelphia refinery partially shut by fire (businesstimes.com)

Yea, that will zap us here for sure
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    We finally dipped below $2 in town here. $1.99 at Costco. They have it for $1.85 30 miles up the road. People jam into that one like they were paying people to take the gas.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    How low will it go?

"Market participants estimate that crude supply is overshooting demand by as much as 2 million barrels a day. That mismatch has driven prices off a cliff since last summer, with Brent falling to its lowest level since March 2009.

On Tuesday, strong data from China, the world’s second-largest oil consumer, failed to boost sentiment."

Oil Extends Selloff As OPEC Seen Standing Firm on Output (WSJ registration link)
    Going down! $1.97. Down 2 cents since this morning.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • carthellcarthell Member Posts: 130
    RUG in Baltimore is falling within the range of $2.039 to $2.159. I'm spending about $13-$19 less per fill-up since last January. Although I am gratified that fuel costs are low, I can't help but wonder when the hammer will drop (or launch skyward, depending on your perspective).
    edited January 2015
    $1.56 here at two stations I drove by. $1.91 across town (but no lines there).

The LA Times says that a Shamrock gas station in Dallas recorded the lowest gas price in the nation Saturday — $1.30.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,293
    edited January 2015
    CT will never be as low as many other states, due to the high gas tax, but I was still happy to fill up my Escape for the first time @2.159 for RUG.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Are low gas prices by design to stimulate the profitable SUV sales in this country?

edited January 2015
    Kind of late if the idea is to bolster the Big 2, the election was a few months ago. Not that campaigning ever stops. :p
    Up in the mountains this weekend. Gas is $2.159 for RUG up here. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

We're never going to catch up, but down 4 cents to $2.35 this morning in Happy Valley
    $1.89 at the Jersey shore.
    $1.75 in Dallas.

And the idea low gas prices has something to do with increasing SUV sales is nuts. Low oil prices are the cause, and that's a world-wide event.
    Down to $2.29 this morning. With 68.9 cents of that being gas taxes here in PA, we're at 29.9% of the price being taxes. Nice
    PF_Flyer said:

Down to $2.29 this morning. With 68.9 cents of that being gas taxes here in PA, we're at 29.9% of the price being taxes. Nice

You have CA beat on taxes. You have everyone beat on taxes, and your diesel tax @ 88.6 is crazy. No PA trips for me. I filled the PU at $2.27 yesterday. Shell diesel is down to $2.42 cash and $2.62 credit, ouch. Most get you for a dime when you use your CC. My AMEX saves me 3%, which is less than the add-on for CC. Back to using cash for gas. That is why I quit using ARCO/BP, they never took CCs in CA. So much for doing away with a cash society.

http://www.api.org/~/media/files/statistics/state-motor-fuel-taxes-report-january-2015.pdf
    Saw something yesterday I haven't seen in months ... the price of RUG at my local Kroger actually went up. Monday it was $1.719, yesterday it was $1.759.

Is it an anomaly or have prices bottomed out?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yikes, our cheapest gas popped from $1.56 to $1.69. Not much difference around town now - most is running between $1.69 and $1.72. The party may be over.

Not over, just not dropping more, I'd guess. I'd bet (with your money) that oil will sit for a while at $50/bbl...
    Well, we almost caught up (or down) to the Costco 30 miles away. They were 24 cents cheaper. It's down to one cent. $1.84 and $1.83.
    gagrice said:

PF_Flyer said:

You have CA beat on taxes.
    Oh yea... we're #1 :'(

We made up the penny!
    The race to the bottom continues. A day ago both stations were at $1.83.

Today ours is $1.79.

The one upcounty is $1.69!
    Saw a Mobil station in Eugene at $2.11 the other day.

Most stations are at $2.15 around here.

Those are RUG prices, BTW