Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    Michaell said:

driver100 said:

Michaell said:

driver100 said:

Small problem with the Passat. The low tire pressure light came on. I went to the station and filled the tires to 30 lbs. btw...haven't used an air pump in a long time...it costs $1 and if you don't have change it takes a credit card. Put in the pounds you want and it rings.

I filled all the tires up but the low pressure light is still on. The manual doesn't mention a reset, but, do you think that is what it needs?

I called the service department at 11 and left a message, then I called the service manager at 1 (now 1:30) and left a message.

Any ideas on what this could be? We head home on Friday and won't be back before the 3 year warranty is up, so it would be best to get it fixed up.

Have you - gasp! - checked the owners manual to see if there is a reset procedure?

generally the warning light goes out when the tires meet or exceed the minimum pressure. Could be a bad sensor. 

Many tire stores will check your air pressure for free. 
    Thanks for getting back...all good advice.

I just got a call from a very nice service person (the 11 o'clock message I left) and she said there is a reset button in the glove compartment. She held on to the line until I went out, started the car, held the reset button for a few seconds,.....warning light went off.

I wrote this in the manual as I tried to find it but couldn't locate that information. I think some cars got this method and others have some other location for the reset button. I say that because the service person mentioned I should look for the button in the glove compartment first - to see if that's where it was.

The dealer is about 50 minutes away so I didn't want to drive there. My next plan would be to go to a tire place as you suggested. It's about 20 minutes away. I might have sent my wife to do that....they seem to be more helpful if she goes in.......... :p

I bought a portable air pressure pump that has a preset gauge on it ... I set it to the PSI I want, turn it on, and it shuts off automatically. Saves me the hassle of finding a pump at a gas station.

I like that idea. It didn't occur to me since all our cars lately are under warranty and they check that when they get serviced. It said in the Passat manual to check the tires every month.

I know that makes sense....but, it only gets done once a year...hasn't been a problem in about 6 years. And, if I get one I pretty well need one for home and Florida. Have to think about that.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    A friend said he can buy a dash cam for $50. He is thinking about it because last year a woman stopped, didn't signal, made a right turn and he hit her. He said a dash cam is $50, and his insurance went up $50 a month because of the accident. I don't know if he would have won his case, but, a dash cam could make some sense. Of course, if I cause the accident I'd have to do a Hillary........

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    tyguy said:
    Glad to hear it all worked out ... my daughter's MINI doesn't have a reset button, per se, but you have to start the car up and drive it for a few minutes before the TPMS warning light goes out.
    Same with Subaru; just drive it around a few minutes and the system detects the new air pressure and adjusts the warning accordingly. Pretty simple. Speaking of which, how's your 3.6 gem working out? For vehicle tire air we use a compressor/tank combo I have in my garage for household use. Bikes are a different story. Those are filled up using a hand pump, and the road bike tires require topping off almost daily at 120 lbs.
    Wife just loves her new outback. Got an invite to a new owners orientation at the end of April. I'm hoping to go. 

You planning on going to the auto show next weekend?

and, add me to the list of folks who is interested in the new GTI. I've not built one on line but from what I'm hearing I might be disappointed. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    robr2 said:

driver100 said:

robr2 said:

driver100 said:

robr2 said:

That's right. As I often say - I can shovel snow and put on another layer. You can't stop the earth from shaking, the mountains from catching on fire and then sliding into the ocean, you can't stop the sun from making it impossible to sit in your car unless the AC has run for 20 minutes.

I've said very similar, you can always add another layer. But, you can only get so naked! New England rules.
    You can keep adding layers but if it's too cold you will still get frost-bite! With sunshine you can always go into the shade.

You put on gloves to prevent frostbite. It's still hot and/or humid in the shade - as noted, you can only get so naked.
    Sometimes it is sooooooooooooo cold gloves won't prevent frostbite. We have friends who went to Antartica and they had to buy Canada Goose jackets and special gloves for -40 degree weather, otherwise you can't go too far wandering around. The jackets cost over $600 and you need special gloves. I have no idea why someone would want to go there....but, they like going to places that are unique. Not for me. Anyhow, the thing is.......you can't always layer for the cold, you can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better though................ B)

Well Antarctica is a bit of an extreme example dontcha think?? I'll counter with having to live in a warm, sunny place like Al Aziziyah, Libya. It gets to 125 F there regularly.

If I find myself living in Antarctica, I will make sure to spend time inside.

Where people really live, it's quite possible to do things outside without dying from the cold.
    Even in Toronto area which is similar in climate to most of NY, Ohio, Pennsylvania etc there are days when they say if you are out for more than 10 or 20 minutes exposed skin could get frost-bite.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    Even in Toronto area which is similar in climate to most of NY, Ohio, Pennsylvania etc there are days when they say if you are out for more than 10 or 20 minutes exposed skin could get frost-bite.

Which is why, when I ski (depending upon the actual temp and wind), I cover up! And, mittens over gloves...

Frostbite is a possibility. Heat stroke is a possibility. Dehydration is a possibility. Winning the lottery is a possibility...

Either way, be it extreme heat or cold, you have to be smart and adapt to the climate. New England generally gets four expected seasons, we adapt to each (which includes for many, snowbirding!). Personally, I really like snow. New England rules.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    I check my tire pressure much more often now that I just need to school through a couple menus on the dash info screen. Hands don't get dirty either!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Well....that artificial price bump didn't last long. The oil sector can't ignore economic fundamentals anymore. Supply and demand law just can't support it.

Brent oil settled down $1.18, or 2.1 percent, at $55.11 a barrel, after falling to $54.72 during the session.

U.S. crude finished down $1.08, or 2.2 percent at $47.60, off its earlier low at $47.28.

In the past three sessions, oil lost more than 7 percent.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    tyguy said:

I had some time to kill this morning, so I decided to check out the availability of the Golf R.

The VW GTI has caught my attention. I've enjoyed the Golf platform in the past and I understand the new GTI is terrific update using an excellent Audi motor/transmission. Unfortunately VW seems intent on packaging vehicles in ways I don't want. If I did ever spring for one it would be with compromises, either living with "upgrades" I don't want or skipping on niceties I'd rather have.
    Yes, I'd like the GTI with the cloth interior and the stereo upgrade- but to get the audio boost VW makes you take leather and a hole in the roof. No thanks.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    boomchek said:

I had some time to kill this morning, so I decided to check out the availability of the Golf R. The VW dealer up the road from my BMW dealer has a salesman who used to work at the BMW dealer, so I stopped by to ask him about it.

Walked into the showroom and after a couple of minutes a young guy asked if he could help me. So I asked him if my salesman was in(he wasn't). So I went ahead and asked when the Golf R manual would become available. All of a sudden an older guy sitting at a desk next to me barks out, ""Golf R? They all are ordered; we have two coming in and took deposits for them. The manual won't be available until the 2016 cars come out." Then he went back to whatever he was doing.

That's certainly a great way to encourage a potential buyer; first off, I won't buy a car I haven't had the opportunity to test drive, and second, that arrogant attitude just pi$$es me off. The Golf R is a nice car but I'm not going to put up with jerks like that. I don't want a high-pressure sales pitch, but offering some literature or similar would have been preferable to Mr. [non-permissible content removed]'s inventory pronouncement from On High...

If it's a specialty vehicle with tight availability and deposits from potential buyers, you might have to wait a bit just to get a test drive. Most dealers will only get a handful of cars like that if they're lucky, and I'm sure the people who have deposits on them don't want anyone else driving them. Not to try and defend the arrogant sales person but with cars like that a dealer will have people coming in daily just wanting a joy drive with little or no intent to buy.

I agree that you want to weed out the joy riders, but it's not like the car is a B6 or RS4. My local Mazda dealer acted the same way with their new Mazdaspeed 3s- which is why they lost my business in 2007 and will NEVER make a penny off me.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited March 2015
    New England rules, huh? Glad you (and others) like the dreary lack of sun, bitter cold and snow cause it's getting crowded in the sun-belt ;).

(We'll agree to disagree.)
  • Options
    carnaught said:

New England rules, huh? Glad you (and others) like the dreary lack of sun, bitter cold and snow cause it's getting crowded in the sun-belt ;).

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Dreary is right, everything looks gloomy gray and brown until sometime in May.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    If the big hang up on a car is the lack of the audio upgrade, why not just add some aftermarket upgrades? Not sure what the premium stereo offers that is important enough to walk out over, that can't be reasonably replicated with an upgrade. Chip the engine, chip the stereo!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited March 2015
    driver100 said:

I filled all the tires up but the low pressure light is still on.

My question would be "why." Did the tire just slowly lose pressure or is there a sealing problem between
    the rim and the tire. How low was the tire when you got the message? Did you remember the digital readout value? I'm thinking it might continue losing air while it sits awaiting your next return visit./blockquote>

driver100 said:

We head home on Friday and won't be back before the 3 year warranty is up, so it would be best to get it fixed up.

I wish you good luck on your return trip. You'll be traveling KY during Easter Sunday with lots of returnees from spring break at schools in this area who went to Myrtle Beach and other places in that area.

We made a 3-day trip to Pigeon Forge last week but traveled on Monday and Wednesday. Best traffic I've seen both ways through N Tennessee and KY since we stopped going to PG about 6 years ago.

Saturday and Sunday before we left I was watching the app KY511 on my Android which monitors Kentucky construction and emergencies. There were two major backups due to accidents on the Sunday before we left, both northbound. TN has one too: smartway.tn.gov. It shows your traffic wherever you are, but shows events on the road in TN. Ohio's is ohgo.com. In KY watch as soon as you enter Grant Cty, KY south of Williamstown. A policeman hides behind a hill in the median. He was there on the way down watching northbound. A group was traveling just under 80 and he pulled out behind the group of 6-7 as though he was going to stop someone. But just passed us as if he had to go to an emergency somewhere. He was traveling over 90. I think he did it just to give the couple of SUVs traveling fastest a scare. Cincinnati has a ragged zigzagging twisting of lanes northbound where the Hopple Street construction is. Otherwise, I wish you a light amount of traffic without the aggressive drivers.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384

tyguy said:

I had some time to kill this morning, so I decided to check out the availability of the Golf R.

The VW GTI has caught my attention. I've enjoyed the Golf platform in the past and I understand the new GTI is terrific update using an excellent Audi motor/transmission. Unfortunately VW seems intent on packaging vehicles in ways I don't want. If I did ever spring for one it would be with compromises, either living with "upgrades" I don't want or skipping on niceties I'd rather have.
    Yes, I'd like the GTI with the cloth interior and the stereo upgrade- but to get the audio boost VW makes you take leather and a hole in the roof. No thanks.

I wouldn't mind the hole in the roof but find no connection - and certainly no connection between a better stereo and leather.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    edited March 2015
    driver100 said:

carnaught said:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Dreary is right, everything looks gloomy gray and brown until sometime in May.

I have been watching the extended forecast for my area in Ct, and you may be correct, 72 on May 7th,,,,,for the first time this year. We can hope it happens sooner then that
  • Options
    edited March 2015

driver100 said:

I filled all the tires up but the low pressure light is still on.

My question would be "why." Did the tire just slowly lose pressure or is there a sealing problem between
    the rim and the tire. How low was the tire when you got the message? Did you remember the digital readout value? I'm thinking it might continue losing air while it sits awaiting your next return visit./blockquote>

driver100 said:

We head home on Friday and won't be back before the 3 year warranty is up, so it would be best to get it fixed up.

I wish you good luck on your return trip. You'll be traveling KY during Easter Sunday with lots of returnees from spring break at schools in this area who went to Myrtle Beach and other places in that area.

We made a 3-day trip to Pigeon Forge last week but traveled on Monday and Wednesday. Best traffic I've seen both ways through N Tennessee and KY since we stopped going to PG about 6 years ago.

Saturday and Sunday before we left I was watching the app KY511 on my Android which monitors Kentucky construction and emergencies. There were two major backups due to accidents on the Sunday before we left, both northbound. TN has one too: smartway.tn.gov. It shows your traffic wherever you are, but shows events on the road in TN. Ohio's is ohgo.com. In KY watch as soon as you enter Grant Cty, KY south of Williamstown. A policeman hides behind a hill in the median. He was there on the way down watching northbound. A group was traveling just under 80 and he pulled out behind the group of 6-7 as though he was going to stop someone. But just passed us as if he had to go to an emergency somewhere. He was traveling over 90. I think he did it just to give the couple of SUVs traveling fastest a scare. Cincinnati has a ragged zigzagging twisting of lanes northbound where the Hopple Street construction is. Otherwise, I wish you a light amount of traffic without the aggressive drivers.

Thanks for the road report imid....much appreciated. First, that's a good point about the tire, but, I think I don't have time to check it so just have to hope for the best. We won't be back until November but we will have the other car. I did overinflate by 2 pounds and the car will just sit on rubber pads for 7 months. I'll add STABIL and put the trickle charger on.

The plan is to leave Tampa by 10 a.m., 9 a.m. if possible. Hope to make it to Atlanta the first day....past Atlanta would be a bonus.(550- 600 miles).and then somewhere between Dayton (7 hours) and Toledo (10 hours), and then home (5 hours).

We would be reaching or going through Dayton on Saturday if all goes as planned. We thought it would be a quieter weekend, fewer trucks. Easier to get through Atlanta and Cincinatti on a weekend. We will avoid a lot of the trailers, RVs, Motor Homes etc that clutter the highways on the last day and first day of the month....I-75 looks like the march of the lemmings on those days.

I'll keep in mind the zig zagging near Cincinatti...there is always one of those.

Thanks again, it is so nice of you to share that information...and to remember.

P.S. We used to do it in 2 days one night, 12 hours a day of driving, but then I felt like a zombie for a week. This way I feel like a zombie for 3 days.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    Michaell said:

Wife just loves her new outback. Got an invite to a new owners orientation at the end of April. I'm hoping to go. 

You planning on going to the auto show next weekend?

and, add me to the list of folks who is interested in the new GTI. I've not built one on line but from what I'm hearing I might be disappointed. 

Great to hear the Outback is working out.

Yep, my wife and I are planning to attend the auto show that Saturday. Do you want to try and meet up? If you can make it out, send me a PM and we can work out a time. We've missed the auto shows since moving out from Utah and I'm ready to get back into that annual tradition. :)
  • Options
    js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 456

I had some time to kill this morning, so I decided to check out the availability of the Golf R. The VW dealer up the road from my BMW dealer has a salesman who used to work at the BMW dealer, so I stopped by to ask him about it.

Walked into the showroom and after a couple of minutes a young guy asked if he could help me. So I asked him if my salesman was in(he wasn't). So I went ahead and asked when the Golf R manual would become available. All of a sudden an older guy sitting at a desk next to me barks out, ""Golf R? They all are ordered; we have two coming in and took deposits for them. The manual won't be available until the 2016 cars come out." Then he went back to whatever he was doing.

That's certainly a great way to encourage a potential buyer; first off, I won't buy a car I haven't had the opportunity to test drive, and second, that arrogant attitude just pi$$es me off. The Golf R is a nice car but I'm not going to put up with jerks like that. I don't want a high-pressure sales pitch, but offering some literature or similar would have been preferable to Mr. [non-permissible content removed]'s inventory pronouncement from On High...

Funny you mention the Golf R. I just drove one on Friday night. A friend just picked his R up last week and I met him like we do annually for the Dallas Auto Show. Have to say I was very impressed. The combination of 292 hp, AWD, and relatively low weight just work really well together and the car is very quick and agile. Being a '15, his is a DSG model but I understand the '16s will have a manual option. As for availability, VW ran some kind of internet promotion to sell the first 500 cars and my friend said they were gone within hours. He missed out on this deal but told his dealer he wanted one and got it a month later. He said you pretty much have to accept to whatever they get in and in whatever color, but there are only 2 choices for the car itself, base and nav/DCC. He got the color and package he wanted, blue with nav/DCC. But you'll be pleased to know that a sunroof isn't even an option!

Pretty crappy the way you were treated at the dealership. Even if the car is high demand and low supply, you'd think they would want to at least build a relationship to snag a $37K plus sale down the road.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    stickguy said:

If the big hang up on a car is the lack of the audio upgrade, why not just add some aftermarket upgrades?

With all the stuff integrated with the various computers in new cars, I would be leery of giving someone a jump start, much less having someone cut into the wiring to add a stereo or remote start.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    js06gv said:

Funny you mention the Golf R. I just drove one on Friday night. A friend just picked his R up last week and I met him like we do annually for the Dallas Auto Show. Have to say I was very impressed. The combination of 292 hp, AWD, and relatively low weight just work really well together and the car is very quick and agile. Being a '15, his is a DSG model but I understand the '16s will have a manual option. As for availability, VW ran some kind of internet promotion to sell the first 500 cars and my friend said they were gone within hours. He missed out on this deal but told his dealer he wanted one and got it a month later. He said you pretty much have to accept to whatever they get in and in whatever color, but there are only 2 choices for the car itself, base and nav/DCC. He got the color and package he wanted, blue with nav/DCC. But you'll be pleased to know that a sunroof isn't even an option!

Pretty crappy the way you were treated at the dealership. Even if the car is high demand and low supply, you'd think they would want to at least build a relationship to snag a $37K plus sale down the road.

Thanks for the evaluation. And yeah, the vibe I got was: "We can already sell every one we get- so screw you."

• Options
    stever said:

stickguy said:

If the big hang up on a car is the lack of the audio upgrade, why not just add some aftermarket upgrades?

With all the stuff integrated with the various computers in new cars, I would be leery of giving someone a jump start, much less having someone cut into the wiring to add a stereo or remote start.

Exactly, it's not like it was even 15 years ago. I'll still tackle a speaker upgrade, but swapping out a head unit and/or amps is just too much hassle- and I sure as heck won't trust Joe Bag O' Donuts' Audio Emporeum to do the job...

• Options
    boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516

boomchek said:

If it's a specialty vehicle with tight availability and deposits from potential buyers, you might have to wait a bit just to get a test drive. Most dealers will only get a handful of cars like that if they're lucky, and I'm sure the people who have deposits on them don't want anyone else driving them. Not to try and defend the arrogant sales person but with cars like that a dealer will have people coming in daily just wanting a joy drive with little or no intent to buy.

I agree that you want to weed out the joy riders, but it's not like the car is a B6 or RS4. My local Mazda dealer acted the same way with their new Mazdaspeed 3s- which is why they lost my business in 2007 and will NEVER make a penny off me.

Regardless whether it's a B6, RS4, or just an R32, the dealer is probably getting very few and likely pre sold all the ones they would be getting for the year. There's probably none available for test drives let alone to purchase. Keep in mind most sales people are looking to make a sale now, like today, or within a few weeks, couple months at most. A guy walking in to ask about a car that's sold out and will be sold out for the year is not an exciting prospect to most sales guys. Who knows, maybe you were the 10th guy in the door that day asking about it or wanting a test drive.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    I just read in the newspaper that Lincoln is unveiling the "new" Lincoln Continental at the auto show next week (New York, IIRC).  Lincoln sales have been very sluggish, even with Sean McCannahay doing all those TV ads.  So Lincoln decided to reinvent the Continental.  I saw pictures of the cars - a coupe and a and a 4-door sedan with suicide doors.  Looks fairly large and long.

It should appeal to both the older driver who misses a large car as well as the middle aged driver.  I haven't seen any pricing yet, but if you Google "2016 Lincoln Continental," you should be able to judge for yourself.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    abacomike said:

I just read in the newspaper that Lincoln is unveiling the "new" Lincoln Continental at the auto show next week (New York, IIRC).  Lincoln sales have been very sluggish, even with Sean McCannahay doing all those TV ads.  So Lincoln decided to reinvent the Continental.  I saw pictures of the cars - a coupe and a and a 4-door sedan with suicide doors.  Looks fairly large and long.

It should appeal to both the older driver who misses a large car as well as the middle aged driver.  I haven't seen any pricing yet, but if you Google "2016 Lincoln Continental," you should be able to judge for yourself.

If this is how it turns out I kind of like it.

I have a feeling the final product will look more like:

I understand it will be FWD and estimated cost by one site....$75K!

• Options
    $75,000?  You've got to be kidding.  I see you found a sedan without the suicide rear doors.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    driver100 said:

Looks like a Ford Taurus.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Lincoln "called out."

"You, personally, might not think the new Continental looks like a Bentley. But if not, you probably think it looks like a big Jaguar. And if not a Jaguar then that recent Audi concept. And if not that Audi then a top-of-the-line Hyundai.

"The point is not what the car the new Lincoln is cribbing from. The point is that the Lincoln’s design isn’t a standout. It sorta kinda looks like any number of other cars in its segment. It looks like 2015 Generic Luxury Car, only with more chrome."
    http://jalopnik.com/bentley-designer-calls-out-lincoln-continental-in-bruta-1694753569

I guess if Gay family can try to make money claiming Blurred Lines mimics an old Gay song against
    Pharrell Williams, Bentley can do it too?

• Options
    I saw pictures of the cars - a coupe and a and a 4-door sedan with suicide doors. Looks fairly large and long.

No suicide doors though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    boomchek said:

Regardless whether it's a B6, RS4, or just an R32, the dealer is probably getting very few and likely pre sold all the ones they would be getting for the year. There's probably none available for test drives let alone to purchase. Keep in mind most sales people are looking to make a sale now, like today, or within a few weeks, couple months at most. A guy walking in to ask about a car that's sold out and will be sold out for the year is not an exciting prospect to most sales guys. Who knows, maybe you were the 10th guy in the door that day asking about it or wanting a test drive.

Actually, I came in about five minutes after they opened- and I wasn't even asking for a test drive. Be that as it may, Bachman VW has ensured that they won't be "bothered" by me again.

• Options
    carnaught said:

I saw pictures of the cars - a coupe and a and a 4-door sedan with suicide doors. Looks fairly large and long.

No suicide doors though.

I think there are various designs but I doubt if these designs will be used:

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Wasn't that long ago that Ford owned the likes of Jaguar, Volvo, and Land Rover. So, it's no big surprise that some of the styling you see on Ford vehicles bear a resemblance to those brands Ford used to own. Ford had a hand in styling them.

As far as a Bentley Continental looking like the upcoming Lincoln Continental, I don't see it. Not sure where Bentley is coming from.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

Wasn't that long ago that Ford owned the likes of Jaguar, Volvo, and Land Rover. So, it's no big surprise that some of the styling you see on Ford vehicles bear a resemblance to those brands Ford used to own. Ford had a hand in styling them.

As far as a Bentley Continental looking like the upcoming Lincoln Continental, I don't see it. Not sure where Bentley is coming from.

The grills look identical....except for the logo.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If Jeep couldn't stop Hummer from using "their" grill, I doubt that Bentley has much to rely on.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just got a look at new.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

Just got a look at new.

New Malibu ... looks like a shrunken Impala.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

Just got a look at new.

That's an attractive design. The Malibu has come a long way since the original release. The midsize sedan market is loaded with great options, so much so that I'd have a hard time choosing one amidst all the competition.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    Snow, for lack of a better word, is good. Snow is right, snow works...

Like I said, we get four seasons. Take advantage of and enjoy each. Folks from all over pay big bucks to come here just to see leaves change color!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options

Three powertrains, 1.5 T, 2.0 T improved from current w/ 250/286 w/ 8 speed auto, and a hybrid with 1.8L.

Makes me start thinking about trading my 2014 after they're out a couple of months.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    edited April 2015
    driver100 said:

If this is how it turns out I kind of like it.

Yeah, that is still very much an open question. This is a concept, on a platform that they have not yet released for production, before the cost accountants and product planners have had their say. The production version might be very different. By contrast, the Cadillac CT6 revealed yesterday is ready for production now.

The new car will be based on the new Taurus platform so it is not surprising if it ends up looking like one. That is Lincoln's fatal flaw.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Yeah, the new Malibu does look like a smaller Impala. I think that's a good thing.

They seem to have corrected the shortcomings of the current Malibu - leg room and such. Now we'll see how it fares in the marketplace.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    Sears delivered our new refrigerator this morning.  1 hour after they left, the lights inside the refrigerator went out.  10 minutes later, the refrigerator and the freezer stopped working.  Everything is either melting or spoiling.  Sears refused to send out a new unit for us to use.  They took our old refrigerator with them when they left.

Yesterday, they were supposed to deliver the new fridge at 9:00 AM.  They never showed and they never called me.  I had to call them and they informed me the refrigerator they were supposed to deliver was damaged in shipping.

We have $450+ in food spoiling as we speak.  Sears refuses to reimburse us for the spoiled food.  They are supposed to deliver yet another unit tomorrow morning.

Last Friday, they attempted to deliver the first refrigerator, but that didn't happen either.

I now VOW to never set foot in a Sears Store for the rest of my life.  They don't care about their customers, they could care less about the frustration a customer goes through.  I've had it with Sears!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Aside from that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln? Good GOD! Is Sears trying to become Comcast? (voted most hated corporation in America two years in a row----we're # 1! we're #1!)

Did anyone read that funny editorial in Car and Driver (April 2015, P. 32) where a pretend car dealer writes a letter to Tesla?

A sample: "First of all, our research shows that 85 percent of car shoppers love going to the dealer, while 15 percent super-duper love it. (Note: Respondents to our survey were all under the age of 8, and the words "car dealer" were replaced with "Disney World", a fact that was clearly explained in the fine print of Appendix 8c)"

• Options
    edited April 2015
    abacomike said:

Sears refuses to reimburse us for the spoiled food.  They are supposed to deliver yet another unit tomorrow morning

WOW.

I vowed to not use Sears after they cross-threaded the lug nut while doing the free balance and rotations when the store took over for the tire store that Sears had bought and then closed many of the stores. Can't remember the name now. (KYB ????)

I'm close to closing off local Home Depot after they added on 10% surcharge with neither notification nor permission. I watched Sunday when I rented a power stretcher to flatter the carpet in the room that had been partially wet and dried with the blower. They never notified of the 10% automatic charge. They just say on the statement, which is printed off AFTER the transaction, that it was offered and accepted. I'm debating contacting corporate or the state Attorney General office.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    abacomike said:

Sears delivered our new refrigerator this morning.  1 hour after they left, the lights inside the refrigerator went out.  10 minutes later, the refrigerator and the freezer stopped working.

Was that an LG made fridge with Kenmore name or Samsung made?

Friend in upstate SC got rid of his 3-door LG because it failed and getting parts is really difficult
    for the independent service folks.

• Options
    I believe it's made by LG.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Miserable customer service and taking no responsibility. There's a reason Sears is in trouble.

Regarding climate preferences, I've heard of "snowbirds", but not of "sun-birds" (people that purposely go from sunny and warm to cold, dreary and snowy, other than for skiing). :)
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    abacomike said:

I now VOW to never set foot in a Sears Store for the rest of my life.

Probably a moot point.

If Sears is still around five three two years from now, I'll be stunned.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    ISELLHONDAS was a Sears manager in an earlier life and (probably) remembers, as I do, how highly respected Sears was "back in the day." The expression "solid as Sears" was common in Canada 30-40 years ago, even though it was known as Simpson-Sears back then.

Sad to watch things we used to trust go down the crap*er.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options

The expression "solid as Sears" was common in Canada 30-40 years ago, even though it was known as Simpson-Sears back then.

Our local K Mart was restaffed by Sears folks bumped from the Sears stores years ago, maybe 12, when KMart bought Sears or Sears bought KMart. Attitude really changed from friendly, helpful local folks wanting to serve their friends in a small bedroom city to arrogant. I stopped going in. A Walmart had opened and they get more of my business along with Meijers, a regional retailer with a grocery like small Kroger combined with Walmart.

• Options

Snow, for lack of a better word, is good. Snow is right, snow works...

Like I said, we get four seasons. Take advantage of and enjoy each. Folks from all over pay big bucks to come here just to see leaves change color!

That sounds like number 2.........understanding engineers;

Understanding Engineers #2

To the optimist , the glass is half-full. To the pessimist , the glass is half-empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.