Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Audi S3 Lease Questions

upthehillupthehill Member Posts: 11
edited June 2015 in Audi
any news yet on 2016 S3 leasing numbers? My car is on the way to port (Emden) so it's almost time to make the lease / purchase decision. 

Thanks. 

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    upthehill said:

any news yet on 2016 S3 leasing numbers? My car is on the way to port (Emden) so it's almost time to make the lease / purchase decision. 

Thanks. 

No 2016 numbers for the S3, yet..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• upthehillupthehill Member Posts: 11
    Thanks. Well, the thread is now set up so we will be ready when the numbers come!
  • chio1chio1 Member Posts: 31
    any numbers yet? since they are hitting dealers any day ?
    chio1 said:

any numbers yet? since they are hitting dealers any day ?

We don't expect to see any new numbers until July

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Any news yet on 2016 S3 numbers?
    upthehill said:

Any news yet on 2016 S3 numbers?

.00139 MF and 56% residual for Premium+, 53% for Prestige. 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can you give me 39month, 12k/yr, Premium Plus? Also, same terms for a 2015?

Thanks.
  • ttdrivettdrive Member Posts: 12
    Hi. Thanks for all the lease info you give us! It's extremely helpful.

I'm looking to order a 2016 S3 Prem + for 36mths at 10K miles per year.

From what you've posted so far I get a residual of 59%, and MF of .00139.
    If I add Audi-care the residual goes up by 1%, thus on my lease it would be 60%.

I ran the numbers and by adding Audi-care the monthly actually dropped by nearly $3.
    So it seems that if one leases, then get Audi-care because even though it costs about $820-$850 more, the lease payment will actually go down, so it pays for itself literally because your monthly is less and then you don't have to pay for oil changes or other maintenance items.

What I find interesting though is that the MF is so high even though residuals are higher as well.
    Using the 2015 lease numbers the monthly payment would have been about $15 lower than with the 2016 lease numbers. Granted it's not much, but it is higher.

I will likely do the MSD as I did with my last 2 BMW leases. BMW does 7 maximum deposits for a total reduction of .00049 off the MF. Audi is not so generous as you have to do 9 deposits in order to get .00045 off of the MF. BMW leases seem to be the best in the business.
    I will be paying about $50 more per month to lease an S3 with an MSRP of $45,145 compared to a 2016 BMW 340i with an MSRP of nearly $51K. That's a big difference in MSRP and the higher priced BMW will actually have a LOWER monthly payment by about $50.
    Audi needs to do better with their leasing numbers if they want to be more competitive.
    I'd love to get a "competitor conquest" incentive around at least $1000 as it would go a good way towards closely the big gap in monthly payment for cars that look like they cost less, but for leases they don't.

Also, for 2016 the base price for the S3 has gone up as it looks like Audi added the "Drivers assistance package", which was a $1400 option for 2015 models. Those items are not added to the standard items for the Premium Plus S3. The base price is now the same as the base 2015 S3 with that package added. Rearview backup cameras will be required in US cars by 2017 I believe. Seems Audi has passed that cost onto it's customers, and at a premium price I must say. If I had the option to not add it, like for the 2015 model, I would not add it as I don't need it. So for people like me the 2016 is really a $1400 price increase.

Also, the B&O audio system, which is fantastic BTW, was an $850 option in 2015 and for 2016 it went up to $950. Same system but $100 higher price for 2016.

The one item that is an added cost option is "Homelink". It costs $295. Seems kinda high for a premium automobile that comes with leather seating areas standard, yet it's nearly $300 just to have a builtin button to be able to open a garage door.

Thanks again for your leasing information. Please correct me if I have the numbers wrong or if they change.
    upthehill said:

Can you give me 39month, 12k/yr, Premium Plus? Also, same terms for a 2015?

Thanks.

.00159 MF and 56% residual
    .00066 MF and 52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ttdrive said:

If I add Audi-care the residual goes up by 1%, thus on my lease it would be 60%.

I ran the numbers and by adding Audi-care the monthly actually dropped by nearly $3.
    So it seems that if one leases, then get Audi-care because even though it costs about $820-$850 more, the lease payment will actually go down, so it pays for itself literally because your monthly is less and then you don't have to pay for oil changes or other maintenance items.

What I find interesting though is that the MF is so high even though residuals are higher as well.
    Using the 2015 lease numbers the monthly payment would have been about $15 lower than with the 2016 lease numbers. Granted it's not much, but it is higher.

I will likely do the MSD as I did with my last 2 BMW leases. BMW does 7 maximum deposits for a total reduction of .00049 off the MF. Audi is not so generous as you have to do 9 deposits in order to get .00045 off of the MF. BMW leases seem to be the best in the business.
    I will be paying about $50 more per month to lease an S3 with an MSRP of $45,145 compared to a 2016 BMW 340i with an MSRP of nearly $51K. That's a big difference in MSRP and the higher priced BMW will actually have a LOWER monthly payment by about $50.
    Audi needs to do better with their leasing numbers if they want to be more competitive.
    I'd love to get a "competitor conquest" incentive around at least $1000 as it would go a good way towards closely the big gap in monthly payment for cars that look like they cost less, but for leases they don't.

Also, for 2016 the base price for the S3 has gone up as it looks like Audi added the "Drivers assistance package", which was a $1400 option for 2015 models. Those items are not added to the standard items for the Premium Plus S3. The base price is now the same as the base 2015 S3 with that package added. Rearview backup cameras will be required in US cars by 2017 I believe. Seems Audi has passed that cost onto it's customers, and at a premium price I must say. If I had the option to not add it, like for the 2015 model, I would not add it as I don't need it. So for people like me the 2016 is really a $1400 price increase.

Also, the B&O audio system, which is fantastic BTW, was an $850 option in 2015 and for 2016 it went up to $950. Same system but $100 higher price for 2016.

The one item that is an added cost option is "Homelink". It costs $295. Seems kinda high for a premium automobile that comes with leather seating areas standard, yet it's nearly $300 just to have a builtin button to be able to open a garage door.

Thanks again for your leasing information. Please correct me if I have the numbers wrong or if they change.

AudiCare won't lower the payment. Make sure you aren't adding AudiCare to the MSRP, when calculating the residual. If your payment is going down, then you aren't doing it right.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just wanted to say thank you for all your help.
  • chio1chio1 Member Posts: 31
    does audi allow you to do multiple security deposits?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
    chio1 said:
    does audi allow you to do multiple security deposits?
    Yes - max 9 with each reducing the MF by .00005

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

kyfdx said:

ttdrive said:

AudiCare won't lower the payment. Make sure you aren't adding AudiCare to the MSRP, when calculating the residual. If your payment is going down, then you aren't doing it right.
    Really?
    I thought adding Audicare to a lease increased the residual by 1%?
    If so, then the monthly does go down as the residual is higher.

Even if I don't add Audicare to the MSRP the added 1% to the residual results in a monthly payment drop of $13. What am I missing?
    Does Audi not increase the residual with Audicare?

TIA.
    One more thing, I'm not adding Audicare to the MSRP, and I'm also not adding into the lease.
    My calculations are based on paying for Audicare up front along with acquisition and other fees, as I don't like paying interest on fees. I do my lease calculations based solely on the MSRP and actual selling price.

Great info from you.
    Thanks again.
    I'm trying to make a 2016 S3 lease work against a 2016 340i, but it's not good.
    The 2016 340i Msport MSRP is about $52,100, 2016 S3 equipped with same content has an MSRP of $45,245.
    A difference of $6855 dollars, not a small amount.

However, when I do the leasing numbers the S3 is about $68 MORE per month.
    BMW does much better on their leasing. They may subsidize their leases, but the end result is that the customer gets a much better lease deal.
    Actual resale on Audi's is higher than their lease residuals, which makes them a better purchase proposition imo.

The lease for a 2016 340i Msport looks darn great in comparison, . For $68 less per month, I get full maintenance during my 3yr lease. With Audicare maintenance there is an additional cost of about $850 more, paid up front. It raises the residual but the cost of the Audicare isn't calculated into the MSRP, so you pretty much pay full price for the added maintenance. Audi sales tells me that Audicare is good for 4yrs/50k miles, even though you may only lease for 3yrs and 30K miles. So you pay full price even though you will use a portion of it.
    I'd love to get back into an Audi, but they sure do make it hard to do so.
    I think I may stay with BMW.
    ttdrive said:

One more thing, I'm not adding Audicare to the MSRP, and I'm also not adding into the lease.
    My calculations are based on paying for Audicare up front along with acquisition and other fees, as I don't like paying interest on fees. I do my lease calculations based solely on the MSRP and actual selling price.

Great info from you.
    Thanks again.

Well... that's different.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ttdrive said:

I'm trying to make a 2016 S3 lease work against a 2016 340i, but it's not good.
    The 2016 340i Msport MSRP is about $52,100, 2016 S3 equipped with same content has an MSRP of $45,245.
    A difference of $6855 dollars, not a small amount.

However, when I do the leasing numbers the S3 is about $68 MORE per month.
    BMW does much better on their leasing. They may subsidize their leases, but the end result is that the customer gets a much better lease deal.
    Actual resale on Audi's is higher than their lease residuals, which makes them a better purchase proposition imo.

The lease for a 2016 340i Msport looks darn great in comparison, . For $68 less per month, I get full maintenance during my 3yr lease. With Audicare maintenance there is an additional cost of about $850 more, paid up front. It raises the residual but the cost of the Audicare isn't calculated into the MSRP, so you pretty much pay full price for the added maintenance. Audi sales tells me that Audicare is good for 4yrs/50k miles, even though you may only lease for 3yrs and 30K miles. So you pay full price even though you will use a portion of it.
    I'd love to get back into an Audi, but they sure do make it hard to do so.
    I think I may stay with BMW.

Yes.. it's cheaper to lease a BMW than a comparable Audi

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• billnormanbillnorman Member Posts: 3
    What are July's MF and Residual on 2016 Audi S3 Prem Plus & Prestige, 15k miles per year in Tennessee? Will these numbers change for August?
  • at361at361 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for July's MF and Residual on a 2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus, 36 months, 10k per year.

I'm looking to close the deal in the next two days, so any help is greatly appreciated!

What are July's MF and Residual on 2016 Audi S3 Prem Plus & Prestige, 15k miles per year in Tennessee? Will these numbers change for August?

36/15 numbers are .00139 and 56% for Prem +, 53% for Prestige.

The current numbers state they are valid until 10/1, but Audi may alter the numbers next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

at361 said:

I'm looking for July's MF and Residual on a 2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus, 36 months, 10k per year.

I'm looking to close the deal in the next two days, so any help is greatly appreciated!

.00139 and 59% for 36/10 on the Prem Plus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• obfuscationobfuscation Member Posts: 6
    Any update for 2016 S3 numbers?

2016 Premium Plus:
    36/12
    36/15

Thanks.

2016 Premium Plus:
    36/12
    36/15

Thanks.

.00139 and 56% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gaogi123gaogi123 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for lease numbers for 24/10K:

2015 S3 Prestige
    2016 S3 Prestige

Thanks in advance!
    gaogi123 said:

2015 S3 Prestige
    2016 S3 Prestige

Thanks in advance!

2015 - .00046 and 60%
    2016 - .00139 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gaogi123gaogi123 Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

gaogi123 said:

2015 S3 Prestige
    2016 S3 Prestige

Thanks in advance!

2015 - .00046 and 60%
    2016 - .00139 and 63%
    Thanks for the quick reply!
  • Jeff AngtuacoJeff Angtuaco Member Posts: 12
    Michaell said:

2016 Premium Plus:
    36/12
    36/15

Thanks.

Thanks. How about 36/10?

Michaell said:

2016 Premium Plus:
    36/12
    36/15

Thanks.

Thanks. How about 36/10?
    Add 3% to the 15K/yr numbers for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jjandersjjanders Member Posts: 18
    Hello, any news on October residual & MF?

Specifically for a 2016 S3 Prem Plus, 12K/36, thank you!
    jjanders said:

Hello, any news on October residual & MF?

Specifically for a 2016 S3 Prem Plus, 12K/36, thank you!

.00091 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• achosidachosid Member Posts: 11
    Do we know why MF fell so much this month?
    achosid said:

Do we know why MF fell so much this month?

Audi wants to sell more cars this month?

Given that the 4 cylinder TDI models are not being sold, I suspect Audi is sweetening the pot with the other models to compensate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• achosidachosid Member Posts: 11
    Was my assumption as well, but it seems to be limited to the S3, none of the other Audis appeared to have drops this precipitous. Who knows!
  • tedcars476tedcars476 Member Posts: 102
    October residual and MF for 2016 S3 Prestige 12k/36 and 15k/36?

Thanks!

October residual and MF for 2016 S3 Prestige 12k/36 and 15k/36?

Thanks!

.00091 MF and 54%/52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• culbyg7culbyg7 Member Posts: 66
    October residual and mf 10/36 for 2016 premium plus s3 and a3 2.0 Quattro. 
    Thanks! 
    culbyg7 said:

October residual and mf 10/36 for 2016 premium plus s3 and a3 2.0 Quattro. 
    Thanks! 

A3 2.0T Premium Plus - 00089 and 58%
    S3 Premium Plus - .00091 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• icon5585icon5585 Member Posts: 22
    Can someone explain to me how the MSDs work?

I know you can put 10 MSDs down to buy down the MF by .00005 each time for a total of .00050.

Here's what I'm currently working with (need to make sure I'm on the right path).

2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus
    MSRP - $47,820
    Cap cost - $42,820

36 month lease, 12k miles/yr

The current MF is .00091
    The current residual is 57%

With these numbers and 8.475% sales tax (damn Missouri), I get a payment of $539.00 (assuming I pay all of the fees out of pocket). Of that payment, $42.11 is tax.

So, if I wanted to put down the maximum number of MSDs, would I Have to pay $550 x 10 or $500 x 10?

icon5585 said:

Can someone explain to me how the MSDs work?

I know you can put 10 MSDs down to buy down the MF by .00005 each time for a total of .00050.

Here's what I'm currently working with (need to make sure I'm on the right path).

2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus
    MSRP - $47,820
    Cap cost - $42,820

36 month lease, 12k miles/yr

The current MF is .00091
    The current residual is 57%

With these numbers and 8.475% sales tax (damn Missouri), I get a payment of $539.00 (assuming I pay all of the fees out of pocket). Of that payment, $42.11 is tax.

So, if I wanted to put down the maximum number of MSDs, would I Have to pay $550 x 10 or $500 x 10?

I believe Audi allows 9 MSDs, not 10.

Each MSD is the total payment (with tax), rounded up to the next $50. So, $550 in your scenario.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• icon5585icon5585 Member Posts: 22
    The local dealership is telling me the MF is .001, how do I tell them otherwise?
    icon5585 said:

The local dealership is telling me the MF is .001, how do I tell them otherwise?

You politely tell them you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF .. they know what the base rate is.

And, reach out to multiple Audi dealers ... it only takes one to make a deal on your terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jdiz3jdiz3 Member Posts: 21
    MF and RV for a 2016 prem+.  12k/42 months.  Also any idea if extra incentive will be available for this years season of Audi event?
    I'm getting 53% and 0.00176 for 12k/42 months. Prem+.  Does this sound right
    jdiz3 said:

I'm getting 53% and 0.00176 for 12k/42 months. Prem+.  Does this sound right

.00111 MF and 53% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks.  Does .00141 mf sound reasonable for 12k/36m?
    jdiz3 said:

Thanks.  Does .00141 mf sound reasonable for 12k/36m?

No - the base MF is .00111; if you have top tier credit, that's the MF you should have the dealer use in your deal. Anything above that is profit for the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

so I got my .000911 mf, I got my 10% off msrp. I have to order the car, car wont be here till February. Am I correct in my understanding that everything could change when the car actually arrives?
    jdiz3 said:

so I got my .000911 mf, I got my 10% off msrp. I have to order the car, car wont be here till February. Am I correct in my understanding that everything could change when the car actually arrives?

Not 100% certain you can "lock in" the lease numbers when you place the order. You may, or you may have to use the numbers in February when you sign the paperwork.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I was told that I can lock in the current rate, but if the rate is better when the car arrives, I can get the better rate. Audi Loyalty incentive will be based upon the current offer when the car arrives. Also, the residual could change. kinda nerve racking.