Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,200
    etonic13 said:

looking for the numbers in NY

2016 EX-T Civic Sedan with sensing

36/10
    36/12

.00083 MF and 62% residual for 36/12.

If 36/10 is available, add 1%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    etonic13 said:
    looking for the numbers in NY 2016 EX-T Civic Sedan with sensing 36/10 36/12
    .00073 and 62% for 36/12. Add 1% for 10k if available. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    four4ringsfour4rings Member Posts: 31
    kyfdx said:

Are there numbers available on the 2016 Civic Coupe?
    Looking for Residual and MF on both EX-T & EX-L 36/12
    Thank you!!

I don't see an EX-T model for the coupe.

EX : 62% residual
    EX-L: 60% residual
    Touring: 57% residual

I think the coupe uses the same .00083 MF as the sedan.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    markonline007markonline007 Member Posts: 47
    kyfdx said:

Hi,
    I'm just confirming the money factor and residuals on a 2016 Honda Civic Ex with Sensing with 15K miles a year for 36 months. From what I gather in the posts, I'm figuring its .00083 and 60%, is that right?

That is correct
    Thank you kyfdx. I have a question. I filled out the dealership's automated online quote and was emailed a quote of $19,514 (excluding destination). If I use that figure of $20,349, adding back in the destination I get a $227 month payment including tax with $0 down. First, is that correct, and second, is it fair to use the quote they gave me in the lease even though they obviously gave that quote thinking I mean I was buying vs leasing? I've found in the past that dealerships don't like to use their lowest selling price equally in the lease calculations, it's almost like they have two different lowest selling prices, one if you are buying and two if you are leasing. What do you think?
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Hi,
    I'm just confirming the money factor and residuals on a 2016 Honda Civic Ex with Sensing with 15K miles a year for 36 months. From what I gather in the posts, I'm figuring its .00083 and 60%, is that right?

That is correct
    Thank you kyfdx. I have a question. I filled out the dealership's automated online quote and was emailed a quote of $19,514 (excluding destination). If I use that figure of $20,349, adding back in the destination I get a $227 month payment including tax with $0 down. First, is that correct, and second, is it fair to use the quote they gave me in the lease even though they obviously gave that quote thinking I mean I was buying vs leasing? I've found in the past that dealerships don't like to use their lowest selling price equally in the lease calculations, it's almost like they have two different lowest selling prices, one if you are buying and two if you are leasing. What do you think?
    What is the MSRP?

I can't tell you if that price is good for leasing, you'll have to ask the dealer.
    Also, a quote that doesn't include destination? Seems kind of dumb.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Hi, I'm just confirming the money factor and residuals on a 2016 Honda Civic Ex with Sensing with 15K miles a year for 36 months. From what I gather in the posts, I'm figuring its .00083 and 60%, is that right?
    That is correct
    What is the MSRP? I can't tell you if that price is good for leasing, you'll have to ask the dealer. Also, a quote that doesn't include destination? Seems kind of dumb.

• Options

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Hi,

That is correct
    What is the MSRP?

I can't tell you if that price is good for leasing, you'll have to ask the dealer.

That's how they get you! (By not including destination in the quote)

The MSRP including destination is $22,875.
  • Options

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Hi,

That is correct
    What is the MSRP?

That's how they get you! (By not including destination in the quote)

The MSRP including destination is $22,875.

$212/mo.+tax

But, there is also a $595 acquisition fee on a lease. Add that, and it's $229/mo.+tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    121212121121212121 Member Posts: 28
    Michaell said:
    Hello,

Trying to decide on the best value Civic.
    Im in Texas, and pretty set on a 36 mo / 12k lease.

Could I please have the MF / Residual on these trims?
    EX, EX-T, EX-L, and Touring?

The Touring is probably a long shot, but sometimes the math is funny and works out. Thanks!
    .00083 and 64% (EX), 62% (EX-T), 62% (EX-L) or 59% (Touring)
    Thanks for the reply, Michaell. I see a couple later responses that leg the EX-T residual at 64% - is that right?

Thanks!
  • Options

Michaell said:

Hello,

The Touring is probably a long shot, but sometimes the math is funny and works out. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, Michaell. I see a couple later responses that leg the EX-T residual at 64% - is that right?

Thanks!

64% is for 36/12. 62% is for 36/15

Or, EX-L Sensing is 62% for 36/12.

Might have gotten confused. :sunglasses:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    121212121121212121 Member Posts: 28
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Hello,

Thanks!
    64% is for 36/12. 62% is for 36/15 Or, EX-L Sensing is 62% for 36/12. Might have gotten confused. :sunglasses:
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Hello,

Thanks!
    64% is for 36/12. 62% is for 36/15 Or, EX-L Sensing is 62% for 36/12. Might have gotten confused. :sunglasses:
    Thanks - you're doing good work here, and I appreciate it!
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Thanks - you're doing good work here, and I appreciate it!

Appreciate the feedback .. lots of forums and lots of discussions to monitor. Every now and again we'll get our wires crossed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    etonic13etonic13 Member Posts: 21
    To confirm.

NY. 2016 Civic EX-T Sedan WITHOUT Sensing

36/12 - 64% and .00083
    36/10 - 65% and .00083

?
  • Options
    etonic13 said:

To confirm.

36/12 - 64% and .00083
    36/10 - 65% and .00083

?

I confirm those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    etonic13etonic13 Member Posts: 21
    Michaell said:

etonic13 said:

To confirm.

36/12 - 64% and .00083
    36/10 - 65% and .00083

?

I confirm those numbers.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    ahzroe1ahzroe1 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2016
    Has Honda released the May numbers?

I am looking at Touring Sedan (36/12 and 36/15).

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
  • Options
    ahzroe1 said:

Has Honda released the May numbers?

I am looking at Touring Sedan (36/12 and 36/15).

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Current Honda numbers expire today, 5/2/16. New numbers expected later this week.

36/15 on Civic Touring - .00083 and 57%. Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ahzroe1ahzroe1 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you Michaell.
  • Options
    beefei789beefei789 Member Posts: 11
    Please kindly provide MF, residual for May program for Civic touring 15/36 in CA
  • Options
    beefei789 said:

Please kindly provide MF, residual for May program for Civic touring 15/36 in CA

Sedan? .00083 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    beefei789beefei789 Member Posts: 11
    Yes Sedan, thank you so much!!
  • Options
    medved55medved55 Member Posts: 51
    Hi,

I am looking for residual, MF, and lase cash on Civic EX, and Civic LX
    36 months, 12k millage in MA

Thank you!!
  • Options
    medved55 said:

Hi,

I am looking for residual, MF, and lase cash on Civic EX, and Civic LX
    36 months, 12k millage in MA

Thank you!!

.00083 and 63% for both LX and EX

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mmendoza2mmendoza2 Member Posts: 179
    Good Morning. Can I please have the MF and residual rates for a 2016 Civic LX and EX non turbo in South Florida for the following terms:

24/10
    24/36

36/10
    36/12

39/10
    39/12

Any lease cash/incentives????

Thank You
  • Options
    mmendoza2 said:

Good Morning. Can I please have the MF and residual rates for a 2016 Civic LX and EX non turbo in South Florida for the following terms:

24/10
    24/36

36/10
    36/12

39/10
    39/12

Any lease cash/incentives????

Thank You

Honda does not offer 10K leases; the MF is .00083 for the Civic.

LX and EX have the same residuals, for 24/12, 36/12 and 39/12, they are 69%, 63% and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    minuteman12minuteman12 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2016
    Thoughts on this lease deal for the 2016 Honda Civic LX (MSRP $20,275). 24 months/10k mileage per year. $0 down. Dealer pays first month. $280 per month (includes CT tax) for the remaining 23 months. Only cash out is $188 for DMV. Back-end lease termination fee of $350
  • Options

Thoughts on this lease deal for the 2016 Honda Civic LX (MSRP $20,275). 24 months/10k mileage per year. $0 down. Dealer pays first month. $280 per month (includes CT tax) for the remaining 23 months. Only cash out is $188 for DMV. Back-end lease termination fee of $350

Do you have the selling price and/or CAP cost?

.00083 MF and 70% residual, if it's a Honda Finance lease.

Guessing you could substantially lower the payment with a 36 month lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

.00073 MF and CAP cost of $19,311, which reflects all fees except DMV of $188.

Net, drive away after paying $188 for DMV and $280 thereafter for the remaining 23 months. Deal now includes all maintenance.
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Net, drive away after paying $188 for DMV and $280 thereafter for the remaining 23 months. Deal now includes all maintenance.
    I show $237/mo.+tax with those numbers.

No matter what the payment, you could shave off $40/mo. with a 36 month lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

I show $237/mo.+tax with those numbers.

No matter what the payment, you could shave off $40/mo. with a 36 month lease.
    Thanks, I will check those numbers. Only want the car for 24 months. Its for my son for his last two years in college.
  • Options
    gpapz125gpapz125 Member Posts: 34
    Residual and money factor for Touring Coupe in NY. Anyone have any deals to share? Best deal I've seen is $320/month with $1999 down. Not really a good deal. 
  • Options
    gpapz125 said:

Residual and money factor for Touring Coupe in NY. Anyone have any deals to share? Best deal I've seen is $320/month with $1999 down. Not really a good deal. 

.00083 and 54% for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kardon1kardon1 Member Posts: 40
    Civic EX-L no sensing 24/15 and 36/15 in MA please
  • Options
    kardon1 said:

Civic EX-L no sensing 24/15 and 36/15 in MA please

66% /59% and .00083

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Got an offer at a Honda dealership today for $293/month with $0 down but taxes and fees for the 2016 civic coupe touring. The total for taxes and fees came out to $2700. I didn't take the offer though because I figured I can push the monthly lower if I wait a week or so. What do you guys think on that offer? And was it smart to wait? The would not go below $293 and wouldn't touch the upfront fees. And I have no residual and car price info.
  • Options
    gpapz125 said:

Got an offer at a Honda dealership today for $293/month with $0 down but taxes and fees for the 2016 civic coupe touring. The total for taxes and fees came out to $2700. I didn't take the offer though because I figured I can push the monthly lower if I wait a week or so. What do you guys think on that offer? And was it smart to wait?

The would not go below $293 and wouldn't touch the upfront fees. And I have no residual and car price info.

What about MSRP? Term? Mileage?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Got an offer at a Honda dealership today for $293/month with $0 down but taxes and fees for the 2016 civic coupe touring. The total for taxes and fees came out to $2700. I didn't take the offer though because I figured I can push the monthly lower if I wait a week or so. What do you guys think on that offer? And was it smart to wait? The would not go below $293 and wouldn't touch the upfront fees. And I have no residual and car price info.
    10k/36. $26,960 Msrp. 
  • Options
    gpapz125 said:

kyfdx said:

gpapz125 said:

Got an offer at a Honda dealership today for $293/month with $0 down but taxes and fees for the 2016 civic coupe touring. The total for taxes and fees came out to $2700. I didn't take the offer though because I figured I can push the monthly lower if I wait a week or so. What do you guys think on that offer? And was it smart to wait?

The would not go below $293 and wouldn't touch the upfront fees. And I have no residual and car price info.

10k/36. $26,960 Msrp. 

.00083 MF and 57% residual. Need a CAP cost of $24,700 to hit that payment.

$2700 sounds like a lot for taxes and fees, though. Maybe some CAP cost reduction in there, too.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gaewsky1gaewsky1 Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2016
    Could I get the lease rates  for an Ex-T Cvt w/ HS And then for Ex-T Cvt no HS for 36 mnths, 12,000 miles in Columbus OH.

I use this forum a lot when searching for rates, so you guys deserve a huge thank you for the info you provide!
  • Options
    gaewsky1 said:

Could I get the lease rates  for an Ex-T Cvt w/ HS And then for Ex-T Cvt no HS for 36 mnths, 12,000 miles in Columbus OH.

I use this forum a lot when searching for rates, so you guys deserve a huge thank you for the info you provide!

.00083 and 63% (no HS) or 61% (w/ HS)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tj11119tj11119 Guest, Member Posts: 136
    Appreciate help with rates for a LX sedan w/ cvt 36/10k and 36/12k Socal region. Thank you
  • Options
    tijuana19 said:

Appreciate help with rates for a LX sedan w/ cvt 36/10k and 36/12k Socal region. Thank you

36/12 63% and .00083. No 10k term from Honda

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    gaewsky1gaewsky1 Member Posts: 19
    Michaell said:

Are there Coupe rates the same?
  • Options
    gaewsky1 said:

Michaell said:

gaewsky1 said:

Are there Coupe rates the same?

Subtract 2% from the residual. No coupes have sensing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mike_aaamike_aaa Member Posts: 35
    Hi
    i am looking for the MF and RV in NY and NJ for;
    2016 civic EX w/ sensing
    MSRP 22,875
    thanks
  • Options
    Sorry. Left out that it is a sedan
    thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    mike_aaa said:

Hi
    i am looking for the MF and RV in NY and NJ for;
    2016 civic EX w/ sensing
    MSRP 22,875
    thanks

mike_aaa said:

Sorry. Left out that it is a sedan
    thanks

.00083 MF and 59% residual for 36 months, 15K/yr

Add 2% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks a lot. Great help
  • Options
    seek_leaseseek_lease Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2016
    I just received an offer today for a Civic Sedan EX. Let me know what you think:

*$19500 Selling price
    +$444 Dealer Fee
    +$595 Acquisition Fee
    =$20539 Capitalized Cost

*$21875 MSRP (including destination)
    *$0 down (still pay for first month's payment)
    *Kansas
    *36 months, 12,000 miles/year
    *0.00083 Money Factor
    *64% Residual --> $14000 Residual
    *($20539-$14000)/36 months = $181.64 Depreciation/month
    *($20539+$14000)*0.00083 = $28.67 Interest/month
    *$181.64+$28.67 = $210.31/month before taxes
    *8.75% Sales Tax --> $18.40 tax/month

*$229/month (quoted) - I calculate it to be $228.71

The way I see this, the dealer is making
    $19500 Selling Price
    +$444 Dealer Fee
    +$421 Holdback (Found here: http://www.car-buying-strategies.com/dealer-invoice/honda-civic-sedan-prices.html. Have no idea if this is accurate or not.)
    -$20389 Invoice (including destination)
    =$-24 plus incentives for making sales target (probably)

Seems like a good deal to me.

Would you please confirm the 64% residual? I thought Honda numbers were nationwide & you've been giving 63% as the residual since May's numbers came out. I was planning on buying a used vehicle this weekend with similar payments for 5 years, but this might offer might have changed my plans.

*Edit: This is down from an offer of about $277/month from earlier this month ($21000 selling price before fees), so $1730 less over the life of the lease with $230 saved in interest and taxes.
  • Options

I just received an offer today for a Civic Sedan EX. Let me know what you think:

*$19500 Selling price
    +$444 Dealer Fee
    +$595 Acquisition Fee
    =$20539 Capitalized Cost

*$21875 MSRP (including destination)
    *$0 down (still pay for first month's payment)
    *Kansas
    *36 months, 12,000 miles/year
    *0.00083 Money Factor
    *64% Residual --> $14000 Residual
    *($20539-$14000)/36 months = $181.64 Depreciation/month
    *($20539+$14000)*0.00083 = $28.67 Interest/month
    *$181.64+$28.67 = $210.31/month before taxes
    *8.75% Sales Tax --> $18.40 tax/month

*$229/month (quoted) - I calculate it to be $228.71

The way I see this, the dealer is making
    $19500 Selling Price
    +$444 Dealer Fee
    +$421 Holdback (Found here: http://www.car-buying-strategies.com/dealer-invoice/honda-civic-sedan-prices.html. Have no idea if this is accurate or not.)
    -$20389 Invoice (including destination)
    =$-24 plus incentives for making sales target (probably)

Seems like a good deal to me.

Would you please confirm the 64% residual? I thought Honda numbers were nationwide & you've been giving 63% as the residual since May's numbers came out. I was planning on buying a used vehicle this weekend with similar payments for 5 years, but this might offer might have changed my plans.

*Edit: This is down from an offer of about $277/month from earlier this month ($21000 selling price before fees), so $1730 less over the life of the lease with $230 saved in interest and taxes.

Yes.. I still show 63% as the 36/12 residual for the 2016 Civic EX sedan.
    This would concern me, as you might be waiting for a "gotcha".

Other than that, the calculations are correct.

Don't worry too much about how much the dealer is making. If that's the best price you can get, what difference will that make?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator