Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 VW Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,695

Can you give me the residual for a 2016 Jetta 1.4s in Texas, 3 year 36K ?

thanks

.00001 MF and 52% residual. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• caseyf1970caseyf1970 Member Posts: 6
    thanks!
  • edgeskeezedgeskeez Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2016
    Hello,

Can I please get the numbers for a 2016 Jetta 1.4s and 1.8sport 36/10 and 24/10? Socal

Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,977
    edgeskeez said:

Hello,

Can I please get the numbers for a 2016 Jetta 1.4s and 1.8sport 36/10 and 24/10? Socal

Thank you!

.00001 and 53% (S) or 55% (Sport) for 36/10, 60% (S) or 62% Sport for 24/10

$1500 lease cash on the S, $1750 on the Sport.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• lauraraylauraray Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,
    I have a 3/12k lease quote from a dealer for a Jetta Hybrid and want some advice.

The price of the car is 5k off MSRP, so I'm pretty happy with that. However, they low balled my trade-in by about 1500 and the money factor is awfully high at .00051 (I have Tier A credit).

What is my best shot at getting them to move off the quote? The trade-in or the MF? Should I try to negotiate both? I'd be happy to get another $500 for the trade-in, but feel like they need to come down on the MF considering my good credit. I really want the car, but don't want to get fleeced on it.

Any suggestions?
    edited May 2016
    lauraray said:

Hi there,
    I have a 3/12k lease quote from a dealer for a Jetta Hybrid and want some advice.

The price of the car is 5k off MSRP, so I'm pretty happy with that. However, they low balled my trade-in by about 1500 and the money factor is awfully high at .00051 (I have Tier A credit).

What is my best shot at getting them to move off the quote? The trade-in or the MF? Should I try to negotiate both? I'd be happy to get another $500 for the trade-in, but feel like they need to come down on the MF considering my good credit. I really want the car, but don't want to get fleeced on it.

Any suggestions?

.00001 MF and 48% residual. $1250 lease cash.

If your credit is top tier, then the money factor markup is all about more profit for the dealership.

If you want to pay $500 less, plus get the base rate, tell them that's what it will take to make the deal, and be ready to sign, if they say yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• concretevitaconcretevita Member Posts: 15
    When leasing a car, is the pricing of VW Care negotiable?

http://www.vwserviceandparts.com/volkswagen-maintenance-plans/vw-maintenance-pricing/

When leasing a car, is the pricing of VW Care negotiable?

http://www.vwserviceandparts.com/volkswagen-maintenance-plans/vw-maintenance-pricing/

I'm sure it is... but, I don't think the margins are all that high for the dealer.

Of course, be careful they aren't marking up the prices you find on-line.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2016
    Help! When I came into the same dealer again, who was offering 0.00001 MF, today they are saying after VW credit approval, they only approved a MF of 0.00031 because of non tier-A credit. That's a ~$500 increase over the course of the lease.

(They show a printout from VW Credit saying I had tier-B credit. My credit score is mid 700s, although I only have ~ 3years of credit history.)

So, are they bluffing? Or is this normal? Should I walk?

Help! When I came into the same dealer again, who was offering 0.00001 MF, today they are saying after VW credit approval, they only approved a MF of 0.00031 because of non tier-A credit. That's a ~$500 increase over the course of the lease.

(They show a printout from VW Credit saying I had tier-B credit. My credit score is mid 700s, although I only have ~ 3years of credit history.)

So, are they bluffing? Or is this normal? Should I walk?

It would be really unusual for a dealer to lie about your credit tier. Federal law and all that. They certainly wouldn't bother faking a printout.

The increase for B-tier is indeed .00030.

I'm not an expert on credit tiers (or anything else, for that matter), so I can't say what weight length of credit history has on the bank's decision.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fn77789fn77789 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    Hello,

I am looking into leasing a 2016 Jetta Sport 1.8T in the San Diego area. Can you please assist on what I should look out for? Right now I have only went to see the car, dealer wanted to talk numbers, but I am not ready. Ran into this forum and would love to gain insight.

We are thinking 36/15k or 36/12k.

What would be the numbers for this?

MSRP: $24,052

Thank you!
    fn77789 said:

Hello,

I am looking into leasing a 2016 Jetta Sport 1.8T in the San Diego area. Can you please assist on what I should look out for? Right now I have only went to see the car, dealer wanted to talk numbers, but I am not ready. Ran into this forum and would love to gain insight.

We are thinking 36/15k or 36/12k.

What would be the numbers for this?

Thank you!

.00001 MF and 52%/54% residual. $1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2016

Is GAP standard on every VW lease? The above was in the back of my official lease agreement, which seems to say that GAP is optional for purchase. However, the dealer I worked with -- as well as some online information that I found -- say that every VW lease should come with GAP already.

What's going here?

-------

To potentially help others on this forum, I'm posting my lease deal details:

2016 Jetta SE w/ Connectivity

MSRP: $23,545
    Selling price, after all rebates: $16,803
    (Rebates used: $1,000 memorial day, $500 company partner)
    MF: 0.00031
    Acquisition/disposition fees: $625 / $350
    Drive-off: $625.15
    36mo/10k miles, 53% RV

Monthly after tax: $158.82
    Total lease cost: $6534 (or 2.78% of MSRP)

Is GAP standard on every VW lease? The above was in the back of my official lease agreement, which seems to say that GAP is optional for purchase. However, the dealer I worked with -- as well as some online information that I found -- say that every VW lease should come with GAP already.

What's going here?

-------

36mo/10k miles, 53% RV

Gap is included with VW leases - the only major brand that doesn't bundle GAP in is Toyota.

Thanks for sharing your deal details. Is this the 1.4 or the 1.8 SE?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:
    Is GAP standard on every VW lease? The above was in the back of my official lease agreement, which seems to say that GAP is optional for purchase. However, the dealer I worked with -- as well as some online information that I found -- say that every VW lease should come with GAP already. What's going here? ------- To potentially help others on this forum, I'm posting my lease deal details: 2016 Jetta SE w/ Connectivity MSRP: $23,545 Selling price, after all rebates: $16,803 (Rebates used: $1,000 memorial day, $500 company partner) MF: 0.00031 Acquisition/disposition fees: $625 / $350 Drive-off: $625.15 36mo/10k miles, 53% RV Monthly after tax: $158.82 Total lease cost: $6534 (or 2.78% of MSRP)
    Gap is included with VW leases - the only major brand that doesn't bundle GAP in is Toyota. Thanks for sharing your deal details. Is this the 1.4 or the 1.8 SE?
    This is the 1.4 SE w/ Connectivity. 

Michaell said:

What's going here?

-------

36mo/10k miles, 53% RV

Gap is included with VW leases - the only major brand that doesn't bundle GAP in is Toyota.

Thanks for sharing your deal details. Is this the 1.4 or the 1.8 SE?

This is the 1.4 SE w/ Connectivity. 

Nice - that car is on my short list when my Hyundai lease is up later this year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@concretevita It looks like that disclaimer is on the dealer's generic standard lease contract? As mentioned, doesn't apply to a VW Credit contract. Or, rather it does apply, but VW includes that coverage.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wisvw10wisvw10 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Green Bay WI and I'm not being quoted payments anywhere near some of these deals. Do I need to look into travelling to get these type of deals? We don't have many VW dealers. Best I've gotten so far is $270 a month w/tax on a 2016 Jetta SE w/connectivity with $500 out of pocket.
  • lar60lar60 Member Posts: 21
    Looking for MF rates and residual, which I think is 58% for 36/12, for 2016 Jetta GLI SEL in CO. Any idea? At the same time, would it be any different going to a 2016 Golf GTI? It seems like dealers are marking up the money factor .005 or so, is that right and negotiable. I was told that they markup to offset the discount. I understand, but then what's the point of the discount other than appearance?
    lar60 said:

Looking for MF rates and residual, which I think is 58% for 36/12, for 2016 Jetta GLI SEL in CO. Any idea? At the same time, would it be any different going to a 2016 Golf GTI? It seems like dealers are marking up the money factor .005 or so, is that right and negotiable. I was told that they markup to offset the discount. I understand, but then what's the point of the discount other than appearance?

Dealers can mark up the money factor for extra profit. The money factor isn't published. That's why we have over 200 discussions in the forums, just for people asking for those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

wisvw10 said:

I'm in Green Bay WI and I'm not being quoted payments anywhere near some of these deals. Do I need to look into travelling to get these type of deals? We don't have many VW dealers. Best I've gotten so far is $270 a month w/tax on a 2016 Jetta SE w/connectivity with $500 out of pocket.

Yes. If you want dealers to compete for your business, you have to introduce some competition.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fn77789fn77789 Member Posts: 2
    Hi again, thank you for your previous reply.

We went ahead and leased the car:

2016 Jetta 1.8T Sport.
    Sales Price: $19,500
    Fees (acq, dmv/title, doc/dealer): $350.75
    Terms: 36/12k
    MF: 0.00110 (C-tier credit rating, hope to get that better in the next few years)
    Res: 54%
    Down pmt: $1,500
    Payment: $248 (including California tax)
    San Diego, California

How did I do?

Thanks!
    fn77789 said:
    Hi again, thank you for your previous reply. We went ahead and leased the car: 2016 Jetta 1.8T Sport. MSRP: $24,052 Sales Price: $19,500 Fees (acq, dmv/title, doc/dealer): $350.75 Terms: 36/12k MF: 0.00110 (C-tier credit rating, hope to get that better in the next few years) Res: 54% Down pmt: $1,500 Payment: $248 (including California tax) San Diego, California How did I do? Thanks!
    Not too bad, given the credit ding. Enjoy the new VW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bobcuzibobcuzi Member Posts: 6
    Any word on June's numbers for a 2016 GLI SE? 36/12 residual and MF and/or additional incentives?

(Also, is it true that these cars "can't" be ordered by dealers, that's what they've been telling me, but if it's a "new" car, why can't I get the color that I want (is the dealer just being lazy, or does it take too long to order the car and they can't honor the current lease pricing)?)

THANKS!
    bobcuzi said:

Any word on June's numbers for a 2016 GLI SE? 36/12 residual and MF and/or additional incentives?

(Also, is it true that these cars "can't" be ordered by dealers, that's what they've been telling me, but if it's a "new" car, why can't I get the color that I want (is the dealer just being lazy, or does it take too long to order the car and they can't honor the current lease pricing)?)

THANKS!

Current numbers expire today .. new numbers should be available later this week.

Some dealers are less inclined to find you the exact car you want, and would rather sell you something they have in stock. Reach out to more dealers; it only takes one to make a deal on your terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• athomas008athomas008 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Michaell,

What is the MF and residual for 2016 VW Jetta GLI SE & SEL for 36 months/12,000 miles per year.

Thank you

Hi Michaell,

What is the MF and residual for 2016 VW Jetta GLI SE & SEL for 36 months/12,000 miles per year.

Thank you

.00001 and 58%. $1000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

And for the Jetta 1.8T sport it is still MF .00001 and 54% residual? Thank you!

And for the Jetta 1.8T sport it is still MF .00001 and 54% residual? Thank you!

Those numbers are correct for 36/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you. Just picked up 1.8T sport manual for $149.62/month plus all the taxes and fess. Came to about 193.86/month, zero down.

Thank you. Just picked up 1.8T sport manual for $149.62/month plus all the taxes and fess. Came to about 193.86/month, zero down.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lar60lar60 Member Posts: 21
    Are June MF and residual values out for Jetta GLI SE/SEL with 36/12?
    For leased Jettas, are there standard insurance coverage amounts that all leasees are obliged to adhere to?

Asking because there is some inconsistency in terms of deductibles in the documents I signed. The dealer is not helpful either. If there are standard amounts, I figure it'd be easier to use those.
  • lvs23lvs23 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I picked up 2016 Jetta S Auto on May 31st.
    36 months lease with 10k miles.
    I got it for $185 on sign and drive before including Wear and Tear protection at $600. Final came to $199.
    I'm in CT state

Top figures I know:
    MSRP $19,850
    Gross Cap $17,588 (Net $16,166 + Acq $625 + WearTear $600 + etc)
    Adjusted Cap $17,257
    Residual $10,531

Depreciation $6,726
    Rent Charge $9.91

Base Payment $187
    Sales Tax $11.88
    Total Payment $199

Due at signing covered by the $1,000 rebate consist of

Cap Cost Reduction $330
    First Monthly Payment $199
    Registration (CT state) $170
    Doc Fee $339
    Sales Tax $53
    Greenhouse gas $5
    CT Lemon Law $3

Still trying to figure it out if it's good/bad deal. Could it have been done better or should I rest the case of the price paid?
    P.S. I talked to many dealerships (same and different manufactures) - none could do $185 sign and drive.
    lar60 said:

Are June MF and residual values out for Jetta GLI SE/SEL with 36/12?

.00015 MF and 58% residual. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

For leased Jettas, are there standard insurance coverage amounts that all leasees are obliged to adhere to?

Asking because there is some inconsistency in terms of deductibles in the documents I signed. The dealer is not helpful either. If there are standard amounts, I figure it'd be easier to use those.

Your lease documents mentioned insurance deductibles? That's a new one on me.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

lvs23 said:

Hello,

I picked up 2016 Jetta S Auto on May 31st.
    36 months lease with 10k miles.
    I got it for $185 on sign and drive before including Wear and Tear protection at $600. Final came to $199.
    I'm in CT state

Top figures I know:
    MSRP $19,850
    Gross Cap $17,588 (Net $16,166 + Acq $625 + WearTear $600 + etc)
    Adjusted Cap $17,257
    Residual $10,531

Depreciation $6,726
    Rent Charge $9.91

Base Payment $187
    Sales Tax $11.88
    Total Payment $199

Due at signing covered by the $1,000 rebate consist of

Cap Cost Reduction $330
    First Monthly Payment $199
    Registration (CT state) $170
    Doc Fee $339
    Sales Tax $53
    Greenhouse gas $5
    CT Lemon Law $3

Still trying to figure it out if it's good/bad deal. Could it have been done better or should I rest the case of the price paid?
    P.S. I talked to many dealerships (same and different manufactures) - none could do $185 sign and drive.

That looks cheap.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bobcuzibobcuzi Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2016
    Just took delivery of my White 2016 Jetta GLI SE. Let me know how I did:

MSRP: $28,140
    Cap Price: $24,700
    Fees ($625 acquisition, $175 DMV, and $389 doc): $1,189
    Rebates: $1,000 (Memorial Day Cash, paid for Fees, only cost upfront was first months payment)
    36 months/12,000 miles, 58% residual
    MF: .00001
    CT State Sales Tax

Monthly cost (including tax): $265/mo.
    bobcuzi said:
    Just took delivery of my White 2016 Jetta GLI SE. Let me know how I did: MSRP: $28,140 Cap Price: $24,700 Fees ($625 acquisition, $175 DMV, and $389 doc): $1,189 Rebates: $1,000 (Memorial Day Cash, paid for Fees, only cost upfront was first months payment) 36 months/12,000 miles, 58% residual MF: .00001 CT State Sales Tax Monthly cost (including tax): $265/mo.
    Congrats! Looks like a solid deal. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• quattro5quattro5 Member Posts: 39
    Any June #'s yet? Looking at Jetta SE 36/10 in Louisiana.
    quattro5 said:

Any June #'s yet? Looking at Jetta SE 36/10 in Louisiana.

.00015 and 53%. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    Hi! Looking for MF/RV for 2016 Jetta S and SE in Texas for both 1.4T and 1.8T. Any lease cash?

Thanks!
    kar_freak said:

Hi! Looking for MF/RV for 2016 Jetta S and SE in Texas for both 1.4T and 1.8T. Any lease cash?

Thanks!

36/15

.00015 MF and 50% residual for either model.

$2000 lease cash on S
    $2250 lease cash on SE

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• camlq23camlq23 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, looking for MF and RV for 2016 Jetta GLI SE 36/10 and 36/12 in Miami FL. Any lease offers or incentives? Also, my credit score is around 680 (due to credit utilization working to reduce it), how would this impact the MF?
    camlq23 said:

Hi, looking for MF and RV for 2016 Jetta GLI SE 36/10 and 36/12 in Miami FL. Any lease offers or incentives? Also, my credit score is around 680 (due to credit utilization working to reduce it), how would this impact the MF?

.00015 MF and 59%/58% residual. $1500 lease cash.

Not sure where the cutoffs are, but if you drop to the next tier, it adds .00030 to the MF. Drop one more, and the addition is .00110 over the top tier rate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 138
    Hi!

What are the June numbers (MF, Residual, lease cash) for Jetta Sport in CA? 24/12 and 36/12. Thank you!
    roadragee said:

Hi!

What are the June numbers (MF, Residual, lease cash) for Jetta Sport in CA? 24/12 and 36/12. Thank you!

.00015 MF and 61%/54% residual. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hbanchshbanchs Member Posts: 4
    Can you give me the residual and money factor for a 2016 vw jetta se trim level I'm North Florida for a 36 month/12k miles per year lease? 
    Thanks 
    hbanchs said:

Can you give me the residual and money factor for a 2016 vw jetta se trim level I'm North Florida for a 36 month/12k miles per year lease? 
    Thanks 

.00015 and 52%. $2250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rldawsonrldawson Member Posts: 31
    Friend of mine is looking at an SEL in Virginia, can you please list 36/12 numbers and lease cash?