Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Acura TLX Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    @zenith5 Congrats on the new Acura!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    TLX BUYERS READ THIS FREE MONEY!: Edmunds.com is running an insider deal with Acura Finance Services for up to $1750 rebate. Just go to the regular edmunds.com site and research cars, especially Infiniti q50, BMW 3, etc and a drop down banner will appear. Just click and follow the directions. I got certificate for $1750 and just used it to lease a 2016 TLX for $260/month with $0 down. The rebate varies from $1000-1750 depending on when you are visiting the site. It can't be combined with Loyalty or Conquest or special $0 Due Lease Programs but AFS is not running those rebates now in my region. Just negotiate your selling price and then use the promo cash to reduce your payment. Your dealer's finance dept may need time to research the application of the edmunds code, but it works. Multiple dealers in LA area offered the TLX in the $28,000 range.

Southern California
    2016 TLX base/MSRP 32,625
    Sales Price $27,500
    36 months
    10,000 miles
    $0 customer cash down payment (except rebate below)
    ($1750 Edmunds/Acura Finance Cap Cost reduction cash)
    MF .00070/ aka 1.48%
    $260 month plus sales tax.
    Due: $1st payment 260 plus tax, and the tax on rebate (about $140).

Happy hunting.

• jpb1134jpb1134 Member Posts: 12

TLX BUYERS READ THIS FREE MONEY!: Edmunds.com is running an insider deal with Acura Finance Services for up to $1750 rebate. Just go to the regular edmunds.com site and research cars, especially Infiniti q50, BMW 3, etc and a drop down banner will appear. Just click and follow the directions. I got certificate for $1750 and just used it to lease a 2016 TLX for $260/month with $0 down. The rebate varies from $1000-1750 depending on when you are visiting the site. It can't be combined with Loyalty or Conquest or special $0 Due Lease Programs but AFS is not running those rebates now in my region. Just negotiate your selling price and then use the promo cash to reduce your payment. Your dealer's finance dept may need time to research the application of the edmunds code, but it works. Multiple dealers in LA area offered the TLX in the $28,000 range.

Southern California
    2016 TLX base/MSRP 32,625
    Sales Price $27,500
    36 months
    10,000 miles
    $0 customer cash down payment (except rebate below)
    ($1750 Edmunds/Acura Finance Cap Cost reduction cash)
    MF .00070/ aka 1.48%
    $260 month plus sales tax.
    Due: $1st payment 260 plus tax, and the tax on rebate (about $140).

Happy hunting.

Thanks for the info. Is there additional dealer and/or customer cash involved? The sale price of $27,500 is well below invoice. Does anyone know if the Edmunds.com rebate is valid in Maryland?
  • photog72photog72 Member Posts: 22
    jpb1134 said:

Thanks for the info. Is there additional dealer and/or customer cash involved? The sale price of $27,500 is well below invoice. Does anyone know if the Edmunds.com rebate is valid in Maryland?

It's valid nationwide.
  • jrod13jrod13 Member Posts: 38
    2k lease cash on the base
  • VictoriaDVictoriaD Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I have a question. I am looking for a TlX 2.4 tech, MSRP 36690.
    59% residual, 0.0007 MF. Sale price 32093.00 with additional 1750 edmunds rebate.
    Is this a good deal? And what is lease cash in OH?
    VictoriaD said:

59% residual, 0.0007 MF. Sale price 32093.00 with additional 1750 edmunds rebate.

What is your term/mileage? The 36/15 residual is 53% on that model.

$2000 lease cash + $500 bonus lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• VictoriaDVictoriaD Member Posts: 2
    It is 36/10. Thank you.
  • edmunds79edmunds79 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2016
    Is this a good deal? 2016 TLX 4 cyl with tech package. MSRP 36,690. I'm being told with 2,000 dealer cash the adjusted cap could get to 33,800 with a net cap cost of 34,594, Residual is 55%. With these comes the 5 oil changes and tire rotations, splash guards, all weather mats. This is for 36 months 12K miles. I feel like others are getting better deals in this forum. What am I missing here? I'm in Kansas and the quoted monthly payment was 527 but that was using a MF of .00014 or 3.4%. I believe we could use .0007 and get the payment to 475 but that still seem high to me.
  • jpb1134jpb1134 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I'm looking for the M/F and residuals for 36 mo/15k per year for a 2.4 base and 2.4 tech, along with any customer and dealer incentives in Maryland. I'm very close to buying and just want to have all of my ducks in a row.
    I'm in Kansas by the way if that makes a difference
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    kyfdx said:

VictoriaD said:

What is your term/mileage? The 36/15 residual is 53% on that model.

$2000 lease cash + $500 bonus lease cash
    VictoriaD said:

It is 36/10. Thank you.

36/10 residual would be 56%.

Dealer cannot modify this.

With your prices, I get $358/mo before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edmunds79 said:

Is this a good deal? 2016 TLX 4 cyl with tech package. MSRP 36,690. I'm being told with 2,000 dealer cash the adjusted cap could get to 33,800 with a net cap cost of 34,594, Residual is 55%. With these comes the 5 oil changes and tire rotations, splash guards, all weather mats. This is for 36 months 12K miles. I feel like others are getting better deals in this forum. What am I missing here? I'm in Kansas and the quoted monthly payment was 527 but that was using a MF of .00014 or 3.4%. I believe we could use .0007 and get the payment to 475 but that still seem high to me.

edmunds79 said:

I'm in Kansas by the way if that makes a difference

.00070 MF and 55% residual.
    There is also $500 bonus lease cash, in addition to the $2000.

It's really rare to see an Acura dealer markup the money factor.

I'd work really hard at shopping another Acura dealer. With $2500 in lease cash, the $2900 discount is unimpressive. I agree, even $475/mo would be ridiculously high for this car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

jpb1134 said:

Hi, I'm looking for the M/F and residuals for 36 mo/15k per year for a 2.4 base and 2.4 tech, along with any customer and dealer incentives in Maryland. I'm very close to buying and just want to have all of my ducks in a row.

.00070 MF and 55%/53% residual for Base/Tech.

$1500/$2000 lease cash for Base/Tech + $500 bonus lease cash on either.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Kyfdx thank you! I'm going to shop around
    How much can a person negotiate down the price of a car in a lease? Should I try for more than a couple thousand dollars? Will dealers work with a person on that?
    edmunds79 said:

How much can a person negotiate down the price of a car in a lease? Should I try for more than a couple thousand dollars? Will dealers work with a person on that?

You should negotiate the price just like you would if you are buying.

Use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools. Your goal is to beat the TMV number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I'm sorry, what is the TMV number?
    edmunds79 said:

I'm sorry, what is the TMV number?

Edmunds True Market Value

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Edmunds 79,
    Just know that the key to your lease payment amount is the sales price of the car. The bank (Acura Fianancial or Ally or USBank, etc) is buying the car from the dealer and then 'renting' it (aka a lease) to you. Your merely negotiating the price of that loan, the significant part of which is the sales price of the car. The interest rate (MF), acquisition fee, tax, DMV fee are all fixed rates-though the MF can vary depending on your credit or if the dealer inflates it to get a cut.
    The $2000/2,500 lease cash mentioned here by the moderators goes straight from the bank to the dealer -you'll never see it. So when they are quoting you a $34,000 sales prices on a MSRP $36500 they are collecting-- that is, charging you- full sticker! Your sales price should be close to $30,500, and then add in the $1750 edmunds deal cash (treat it like a gift certificate) and your cap cost should be in the $28,5000s. In many states you have to pay sales tax on the edmunds money, btw.
    Shop around, go to a Chicago dealer if you have the time. $90 a month for 36 months is over $3,000. If I paid you $3000 to take a vacation in Chicago for the weekend would you do it?
  • drsxh82drsxh82 Member Posts: 6
    Moderator,

Can I get lease details (money factor, residual, etc) for a 2015 TLX (new, from unsold inventory). Would this use the 2016 leasing rules, or 2015? The price on the 2015 models was reduced by $5000, which is why I'm asking. Always looking for a deal! :)

Also, what credit guidelines are required? I've heard Acura is more strict than Honda, but I've not missed a payment, ever.

Thank you!
    drsxh82 said:

Moderator,

Can I get lease details (money factor, residual, etc) for a 2015 TLX (new, from unsold inventory). Would this use the 2016 leasing rules, or 2015? The price on the 2015 models was reduced by $5000, which is why I'm asking. Always looking for a deal! :)

Also, what credit guidelines are required? I've heard Acura is more strict than Honda, but I've not missed a payment, ever.

Thank you!

We no longer have any 2015 Acura lease information.

Assume .00175 MF. But, no residual info. That $5K discount may be a final payout from Acura to the dealers for leftover inventory.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

drsxh82 said:

Moderator,

Thank you!

Assume .00175 MF. But, no residual info. That $5K discount may be a final payout from Acura to the dealers for leftover inventory.
    I assumed so with the 2015 model. Can you provide 2016/2017 information for SW Pennsylvania? Is there any dealer cash?
    drsxh82 said:

Michaell said:

drsxh82 said:

Moderator,

Thank you!

I assumed so with the 2015 model. Can you provide 2016/2017 information for SW Pennsylvania? Is there any dealer cash?
    What engine / trim level are you looking for? What lease term and how many miles per year?

I've created a separate 2017 discussion:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/42389/acura/tlx/2017-acura-tlx-lease-questions/p1?new=1

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'm looking at both configs below. 36 months is usually the sweet spot, and 12,000/year.
    Base + Tech Package
    V6 + Tech Package
    drsxh82 said:

I'm looking at both configs below. 36 months is usually the sweet spot, and 12,000/year.
    Base + Tech Package
    V6 + Tech Package

.00070 and 55% for all trims other than base (no packages). 57% for base trim level.

$2000 lease cash and $500 bonus lease cash for all non-base trims. $1500 lease cash for base trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

drsxh82 said:

Base + Tech Package
    V6 + Tech Package

.00070 and 55% for all trims other than base (no packages). 57% for base trim level.

$2000 lease cash and $500 bonus lease cash for all non-base trims. $1500 lease cash for base trims.
    Thank you. That sounds like a pretty good deal, especially if combining the $1750 Edmunds cash.
    drsxh82 said:

Michaell said:

drsxh82 said:

Base + Tech Package
    V6 + Tech Package

Thank you. That sounds like a pretty good deal, especially if combining the $1750 Edmunds cash.
    If you can get a dealer to honor both the lease cash and the Edmunds incentive, I would agree. And, remember to apply these incentives after negotiating your best price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

drsxh82 said:

Michaell said:

drsxh82 said:

Base + Tech Package
    V6 + Tech Package

If you can get a dealer to honor both the lease cash and the Edmunds incentive, I would agree. And, remember to apply these incentives after negotiating your best price.
    Michaell--

The .00070 that you stated... is that for any credit rating? I applied for credit with my local dealer and asked what the money factor would be. They said, "we would have to see what you qualify for." Do you have tiered money factors for the 2016 TLX?
    drsxh82 said:

Michaell said:

drsxh82 said:

Michaell said:

drsxh82 said:

Base + Tech Package
    V6 + Tech Package

Michaell--

The .00070 that you stated... is that for any credit rating? I applied for credit with my local dealer and asked what the money factor would be. They said, "we would have to see what you qualify for." Do you have tiered money factors for the 2016 TLX?
    The .00070 is for top tier credit

We don't have any information from Acura about the MF if not top tier.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    Dealer has offered the following on a 2016 TLX Tech (MSRP $36,xxx)

3yr / 12k miles. Sign & Drive ($0 due at signing)

$331 / month (including tax / title / tags) with $1750 edmunds cash

How does this deal sound? Can I do better?

What is the selling price?
    Tax rate and state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Dealer has offered the following on a 2016 TLX Tech (MSRP $36,xxx) 3yr / 12k miles. Sign & Drive ($0 due at signing) $331 / month (including tax / title / tags) with $1750 edmunds cash How does this deal sound? Can I do better?
    What is the selling price? Tax rate and state?
    Tax rate is 7%. 

Honestly did not get into the sell price since the payment ultimately (total cost of the lease) is what I care about and have no plans to buy out at end of the lease
    State: NJ
  • laurasmith2laurasmith2 Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

Can you confirm my understanding pls of current TLX pricing?

I am looking for a 2016 TLX w/Tech.

MSRP is 36,690
    Online price is 31,333 including the 299 doc fee (is this a good price?)

On top of this, if I understand correctly, I will get another 2500 in lease cash and another 1750 in Edmunds cash.

Therefore, my lease would be based off of a 55% (36/12) residual, 0.007 MF and selling price of (31,333 - 2,500 - 1,750 = 27,083 + 595 for the acquisition fee.

With 8.875% tax in NY, I compute a payment of around 265 / mo with tax.

Sounds too good to be true. Could you check my numbers pls? Thanks!

kyfdx said:

What is the selling price?
    Tax rate and state?

Tax rate is 7%. 

Honestly did not get into the sell price since the payment ultimately (total cost of the lease) is what I care about and have no plans to buy out at end of the lease

Pretty strong deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi,

MSRP is 36,690

On top of this, if I understand correctly, I will get another 2500 in lease cash and another 1750 in Edmunds cash.

Therefore, my lease would be based off of a 55% (36/12) residual, 0.007 MF and selling price of (31,333 - 2,500 - 1,750 = 27,083 + 595 for the acquisition fee.

The lease cash is a dealer incentive, so that is likely included in the price ($2000 of it is good for lease or purchase). You would think the Edmunds incentive would be worth another $1750, but who knows.

I hesitate to say, because an on-line price that you read on a webpage is not an actual offer from the dealership.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carpersocarperso Member Posts: 148
    What is the 24/10 Residual and MF and lease cash for
    2.4 base
    2.4 with tech.

Thanks
    carperso said:

2.4 base
    2.4 with tech.

Thanks

.00070 and 64% (Base) or 62% (Tech)

$1500 lease cash on base, $2000 on tech.

$500 bonus lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Am thinking about going for the SHAWD tech instead of the i4 tech. 

How much more should a v6 AWD tech be than an i4 tech?

Payment-wise? Would need the MSRP and adjusted cap cost of both to compare them.

We don't track selling prices; use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Payment-wise? Would need the MSRP and adjusted cap cost of both to compare them. We don't track selling prices; use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools.
    AWD TECH MSRP: $42,540. Adjusted cap cost: $36-37k
    AWD ADV MSRP: $45,740. Adjusted cap cost: $39-40k

thanks in advance.

Michaell said:

Payment-wise? Would need the MSRP and adjusted cap cost of both to compare them.

We don't track selling prices; use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools.

AWD TECH MSRP: $42,540. Adjusted cap cost: $36-37k
    AWD ADV MSRP: $45,740. Adjusted cap cost: $39-40k

thanks in advance.

Residuals, money factor and lease cash are all the same, for both I4 and V6.

So, assuming comparable percentage discounts from MSRP, the lease payments should increase in a relative manner, as well.

So, if the I4 is $36690 MSRP and the V6 is $42540, then the V6 payment should be around 1.16 X the payment of the I4, all else being equal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carpersocarperso Member Posts: 148
    Michaell said:

carperso said:

2.4 base
    2.4 with tech.

Thanks

$500 bonus lease cash.
    Those are really rough. Better off going for the 36 month lease. Can you please give the the 36/10 numbers also. Thanks
    carperso said:

Michaell said:

carperso said:

2.4 base
    2.4 with tech.

Thanks

$500 bonus lease cash.
    Those are really rough. Better off going for the 36 month lease. Can you please give the the 36/10 numbers also. Thanks
    58% (Base) or 56% (Tech)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pereraupererau Member Posts: 13
    I have never leased, and in fact, I've never even purchased a brand new car, so most of this is relatively new to me. I've watched youtube videos and read on edmunds and other sites about pros and cons and the basic underpinnings of how leasing works, but I hope that you can help me with a few questions:

1. With the new 2017 on the lots, I have two questions: 1a: what is that doing to the prices of the 2016, because looking at the dealers' webpages, I'm seeing the same price for 2016 as 2017. 1b: from a leasing perspective, is it smart to get into a 2016 where there is presumably more room for negotiations and (I assume) bigger rebates, but where I'm driving off with a 1 year old car, or is it worth getting the 2017 now and pay a little more knowing that it will be worth a higher residual in 3 years since it will be a 2017 in 2019 calendar year rather than a 2016 in 2019 calendar year.
    2. It seems that the residual value is decreased for higher level trims, but I'm a gadget guy. I always want everything they can throw at me (considering the Optima SXL for that reason if I don't get a TLX). Can someone tell me an approximation of what this means in real world dollars versus getting the lower end model with less features? I know that there is a formula to do this, but I'm terrible with formulas and get lost and frustrated. Take the TLX: base is about 32000 sticker and tech is about 36000 for the 2.4L. From what I've read, the higher trim will depreciate more, resulting in less than 4k difference in price at the end of 3 years, but what does that look like in real life. Or the Optima SXL which stickers at 37000 vs EX with tech package at 28000. I really want the SXL but that is 9k difference. How much of that 9k difference am I eating up over the course of the lease? That number will help me decide on a more rational level how much I need the navigation in the TLX or surround view camera in the Optima. (obviously, I would have to negotiate these prices down a lot from MSRP, but I'm just looking for comparison advice and these numbers can serve as guides).
    3. how do you negotiate down with the salesman without getting them to include the rebates in their plans? I want to negotiate a price down and then add the current rebates to that price.

Assuming that I can get 15% off the MSRP for that tech TLX (36*.85 = 30,600) plus fees and taxes, so say 32k, I would get a 36 month / 12k or 10k miles deal. My credit score is just under 700, so I think I should get pretty good MF. What does that make the residual and monthly payments in this scenario? Thanks for helping point a noob in the right direction.
    pererau said:

I have never leased, and in fact, I've never even purchased a brand new car, so most of this is relatively new to me. I've watched youtube videos and read on edmunds and other sites about pros and cons and the basic underpinnings of how leasing works, but I hope that you can help me with a few questions:

1. With the new 2017 on the lots, I have two questions: 1a: what is that doing to the prices of the 2016, because looking at the dealers' webpages, I'm seeing the same price for 2016 as 2017. 1b: from a leasing perspective, is it smart to get into a 2016 where there is presumably more room for negotiations and (I assume) bigger rebates, but where I'm driving off with a 1 year old car, or is it worth getting the 2017 now and pay a little more knowing that it will be worth a higher residual in 3 years since it will be a 2017 in 2019 calendar year rather than a 2016 in 2019 calendar year.
    2. It seems that the residual value is decreased for higher level trims, but I'm a gadget guy. I always want everything they can throw at me (considering the Optima SXL for that reason if I don't get a TLX). Can someone tell me an approximation of what this means in real world dollars versus getting the lower end model with less features? I know that there is a formula to do this, but I'm terrible with formulas and get lost and frustrated. Take the TLX: base is about 32000 sticker and tech is about 36000 for the 2.4L. From what I've read, the higher trim will depreciate more, resulting in less than 4k difference in price at the end of 3 years, but what does that look like in real life. Or the Optima SXL which stickers at 37000 vs EX with tech package at 28000. I really want the SXL but that is 9k difference. How much of that 9k difference am I eating up over the course of the lease? That number will help me decide on a more rational level how much I need the navigation in the TLX or surround view camera in the Optima. (obviously, I would have to negotiate these prices down a lot from MSRP, but I'm just looking for comparison advice and these numbers can serve as guides).
    3. how do you negotiate down with the salesman without getting them to include the rebates in their plans? I want to negotiate a price down and then add the current rebates to that price.

Assuming that I can get 15% off the MSRP for that tech TLX (36*.85 = 30,600) plus fees and taxes, so say 32k, I would get a 36 month / 12k or 10k miles deal. My credit score is just under 700, so I think I should get pretty good MF. What does that make the residual and monthly payments in this scenario? Thanks for helping point a noob in the right direction.

Pretty good questions. Let's take them one at a time.

1a. At the moment, great deals are to be had on the outgoing 2016's, as 2017's are starting to hit the lots. And, in some cases, the residual values on the 16s are higher to help move the inventory
    1b. Yes, better to get into a 16, especially if the residual is higher
    2. In general, the residual is lower for a higher trim level - for the TLX, the difference is 2% over 36 months. For the Optima, the difference in residual is also 2% for the EX vs. the SXL. Coupled with the higher MSRP, that will make a big difference in the monthly payment.
    3. It's not easy; I don't have any specific advise other than to include any lease cash into your offer - rest assured, that's what the dealer will do

If your credit score is under 700, you may not qualify for the top tier money factor from either Acura or Kia.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi,

MSRP is 36,690

Hey, please see my post from a week ago. You don't see the $2500 lease cash-it's straight to the dealer, so your sales price of $31k almost certainly includes it already (so the dealer is collecting $33,333 for the car). Still, just ask for a reduced sales price to get to the closer to that $265 total monthly that you want. I don't think they'll cut it $2500, but they could easily chop off another grand off that price if they want your business. You could just make an offer saying "I want to roll everything into to the lease, and bring $1750 in cap cost reduction plus first month payment only to signing--for $265 monthly, can you make it happen.?"
    pererau said:

===========
    Pereau,

RE: "3. how do you negotiate down with the salesman without getting them to include the rebates in their plans? I want to negotiate a price down and then add the current rebates to that price."

I've posted this before but the easiest, mess free way to shop a lease is to ask for the dealers "best 36 month/12k miles/yr with $0 total due at signing for stock #xxxx" [or VIN#, or a particular model w/specified options exactly e.g., '2016 TLX with Tech, MSRP $35,555']. "Please note if your quote includes any REBATES or if there are any REBATES available for this car that are not applied to the price. I am not a current Acura owner, I am not miltary or college grad." " I have Tier 1 or 2 credit, but not Exceleent about 720"
    Be very specific and ignore any noise coming in return (such as 'are you trading in?, when can you test drive?') that does not give you a $0 down, $0 due at signing quote or ask about qualifying for a certain rebate, such as conquest. You may have to ask twice to get your numbers. When you get a quote just chop off about $45 off the monthly since that what you $1750 Edmunds Insider Deal will work out to divided by 36 months.

On a side note, do you really want the tech package? If you can't plug numbers into formula, then you probably can't use the navigation. You need to give formulas another chance. It's easier than a dinner recipe. You just put in some figures and click calculate. You don't have to do any math-the computer does it for you.

Happy Hunting.
  • pereraupererau Member Posts: 13
    =========== Pereau, RE: "3. how do you negotiate down with the salesman without getting them to include the rebates in their plans? I want to negotiate a price down and then add the current rebates to that price." I've posted this before but the easiest, mess free way to shop a lease is to ask for the dealers "best 36 month/12k miles/yr with $0 total due at signing for stock #xxxx" [or VIN#, or a particular model w/specified options exactly e.g., '2016 TLX with Tech, MSRP $35,555']. "Please note if your quote includes any REBATES or if there are any REBATES available for this car that are not applied to the price. I am not a current Acura owner, I am not miltary or college grad." " I have Tier 1 or 2 credit, but not Exceleent about 720" Be very specific and ignore any noise coming in return (such as 'are you trading in?, when can you test drive?') that does not give you a $0 down, $0 due at signing quote or ask about qualifying for a certain rebate, such as conquest. You may have to ask twice to get your numbers. When you get a quote just chop off about $45 off the monthly since that what you $1750 Edmunds Insider Deal will work out to divided by 36 months. 
    Thanks for the pointers. The way you wrote it, does this mean you would do this over email?

"On a side note, do you really want the tech package? If you can't plug numbers into formula, then you probably can't use the navigation. You need to give formulas another chance. It's easier than a dinner recipe. You just put in some figures and click calculate. You don't have to do any math-the computer does it for you. Happy Hunting."

Ohhhhhhh SNAP! shots fired!