Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midsize Sedans 2.0

1491492494496497543

Comments

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,293
    I see you can in 2017 still get an EX manual. I would be jiggy with that. Interesting to see how different the EPA estimate is though (23/32 vs. 27/36). I really doubt you lose that much real world. Heck, my 2005 5 speed got much better than that. I can get my RDX to pull 30 highway on relatively flat roads too.

    but, they are still doing what really annoyed me about the sport. you get a black interior, like it or not. and light gray or dark gray paint. Ridiculous IMO, but a nice car. probably a lot better ride than a Civic, for not all that much money. Though would take the Civic if they could just include the seats out of the Accord!

    at least the Civic comes in a full range of colors. And a gray interior. MSRP 4K lower, rated for better mileage. Really need to try the seats in an EX-T though.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    Vehicle MSRP Term Monthly Payment
    2016 Toyota Corolla LE $19,795 36 $191
    2016 Volkswagen Jetta S $19,600 36 $201
    2016 Hyundai Elantra $19,075 36 $203
    2016 Mazda 3 4-Door $18,895 39 $206
    2016 Nissan Sentra SV $19,755 36 $212
    2016 Chevrolet Cruz $21,120 39 $218
    2016 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T S $23,260 36 $220
    2016 Toyota Camry LE $24,130 36 $230
    2016 Honda Civic LX $20,275 36 $230
    2016 Honda Accord LX $23,840 36 $239
    2017 Hyundai Sonata $22,585 36 $239
    2016 Nissan Rogue S $25,910 36 $250
    2016 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T $25,755 36 $253
    2016 Mazda6 $22,995 36 $255
    2016 Toyota RAV4 $26,875 36 $258
    2016 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT $25,020 39 $260
    2016 Nissan Altima 2.5 S $24,475 36 $264
    2016 Subaru Legacy $22,840 36 $266
    2016 Honda CR-V LX $24,745 36 $268
    2016 Mazda CX-5 $24,445 36 $270
    2017 Chevrolet Equinox $27,345 39 $274
    2016 Subaru Crosstrek $22,445 36 $277
    2017 Kia Sorrento LX $27,595 36 $288
    2016 Santa Fe Sport $25,845 36 $306
    2016 Dodge Challenger R/T $34,390 42 $316
    2016 Kia Sedona LX $29,395 36 $327
    2016 Honda Odyssey LX $30,450 36 $341
    2017 Toyota 86 $27,930 36 $346
    2016 Nissan Pathfinder S $32,790 36 $349
    2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S $33,755 36 $355
    2016 Nissan Murano S $31,010 36 $355
    2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5S $33.655.00 36 $355
    2016 Acura TLX P-AWS $32,635 36 $360
    216 Acura TLX $32,635 36 $360
    2016 BMW 320i $34,145 39 $361
    2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan $35,245 36 $368
    2016 Hyundai Genesis $27,845 36 $368
    2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L $39,700 36 $374
    2017 Toyota Sienna LE $33,995 36 $374
    2016 Chevrolet Traverse $34,900 39 $375
    2016 Dodge Grand Caravan $30,290 36 $381
    2016 Subaru BRZ $26,190 36 $389
    2015 Nissan Quest $27,825 36 $404
    Infiniti Q50 AWD 2.0T $34,145.00$40,555.00 39 $413
    RRover Disc. Sport SE $38,450 36 $427
    2016 Mazda CX-9 $33,320 39 $435
    2016 Toyota Highlander XLE $39,940 24 $437
    2016 Toyota 4-Runner $36,555 24 $470
    2016 Lexus RC 300 AWD $47,637 36 $471
    2016 Infiniti Q60 Coupe $42,205 39 $485
    2016 Lexus NX 200t $38,163 36 $491
    2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i $46,145 36 $508
    2016 Infiniti Q60 3.5 AWD $43,995 39 $513
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD $44,890 36 $531
    2016 Cadillac XT5 $44,895 39 $557
    2016 Volkswagen Touareg $50,615 36 $568
    2016 Mercedes SLC RD $51,375 36 $583
    2016 BMW M235i xD Coupe $47,145 36 $606
    2016 BMW 550i Sedan $67,295 36 $792
    2016 Porsche Panamera $87,145 36 $829
    2016 Cadillac CTS-V $83,995 36 $897
    2016 Mercedes GL450 $66.200.00 36 $910
    2016 Cadillac Escalade $79,645 39 $911
    2017 BMW 750i xDrive Sedan $98,395 36 $1,157
    2016 Nissan GT-R $103,660 36 $1,196
    2016 Mercedes S550 $95,650 36 $1,210
    2016 Range Rover HSE $100,500 33 $1,278
    2016 Mercedes S550 Roadster $108,975 36 $1,310
    2017 Porsche 911 Carerra $104,880 36 $1,367
    2016 Mercedes S550 $123,485 36 $1,902


    Best bang for your buck with 0 down

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 3,773
    edited November 2016
    stickguy said:

    I see you can in 2017 still get an EX manual. I would be jiggy with that. Interesting to see how different the EPA estimate is though (23/32 vs. 27/36). I really doubt you lose that much real world. Heck, my 2005 5 speed got much better than that. I can get my RDX to pull 30 highway on relatively flat roads too.

    but, they are still doing what really annoyed me about the sport. you get a black interior, like it or not. and light gray or dark gray paint. Ridiculous IMO, but a nice car. probably a lot better ride than a Civic, for not all that much money. Though would take the Civic if they could just include the seats out of the Accord!

    at least the Civic comes in a full range of colors. And a gray interior. MSRP 4K lower, rated for better mileage. Really need to try the seats in an EX-T though.

    I would be interested how the manual is geared. My experience with Honda is there is a big difference in gearing between a manual and auto. For example, in 6th gear (I think it is a 6 sp) it may be geared to around 20 mph per 1k engine rpm. The result is it will run 3k at 60, 4k at 80. A lot of noise and loss of mpg. It does mean you don't have to down shift often when going up and down hills. With the CVT the engine runs below 2k at 60 and around 2.2k at 80. A lot quieter and good mpg as a result. I still enjoy a manual, however.

    2018 VW Passat w/tech, 2015 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 14,088
    The 330e has an attractive lease as well.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

  • akirbyakirby Posts: 8,062
    brian125 said:

    akirby

    Below Invoice price no trade in . Don't forget Jan, 1 2017 this model is a 1yr old model and has depreciated about 5k..............once driven off lot.

    Not entirely true. Depreciation also depends on mileage. One time I priced two 3 yr old vehicles with the same mileage but different model years. There was only a few hundred dollars difference.

    There must have been some additional dealer cash involved for them to go that low below cost unless it was one they just couldn't sell and wanted to dump it.

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,293
    edited November 2016
    the Accord is geared pretty long. 3K is going to give you at least 75mph most likely. My 2005 with the 5 speed was not geared all that short either.

    got ambitious, and hit google. Found a review of a 2016 Sport 6MT. Included was this: Theoretical [email protected] mph is 1,000 RPMs with the CVT and 2,150 with the MT.

    so, if I used the calculator correctly, that puts 75 MPH at about 2,687 RPM. Not high at all IMO. Pretty sure also that is lower than it was on my 2005. Yeah, could make it a bit taller and drop that down to under 2,500, but not like my old tC Scion that was geared the same as my Miata and did turn 3K at 60. At least it made sense in the Miata.

    I would be shocked if I did not easily beat the EPA in a manual Accord, especially on the highway.

    plus, the ATs on most cars, especially the 4 cyl sedans (including my Sonata) are geared too high, and with reluctance to downshift, often lugging a lot. And at least the stick won't have a motorboat drone like a CVT!

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 3,773
    stickguy said:

    the Accord is geared pretty long. 3K is going to give you at least 75mph most likely. My 2005 with the 5 speed was not geared all that short either.

    got ambitious, and hit google. Found a review of a 2016 Sport 6MT. Included was this: Theoretical [email protected] mph is 1,000 RPMs with the CVT and 2,150 with the MT.

    so, if I used the calculator correctly, that puts 75 MPH at about 2,687 RPM. Not high at all IMO. Pretty sure also that is lower than it was on my 2005. Yeah, could make it a bit taller and drop that down to under 2,500, but not like my old tC Scion that was geared the same as my Miata and did turn 3K at 60. At least it made sense in the Miata.

    I would be shocked if I did not easily beat the EPA in a manual Accord, especially on the highway.

    plus, the ATs on most cars, especially the 4 cyl sedans (including my Sonata) are geared too high, and with reluctance to downshift, often lugging a lot. And at least the stick won't have a motorboat drone like a CVT!

    stickguy said:

    the Accord is geared pretty long. 3K is going to give you at least 75mph most likely. My 2005 with the 5 speed was not geared all that short either.

    got ambitious, and hit google. Found a review of a 2016 Sport 6MT. Included was this: Theoretical [email protected] mph is 1,000 RPMs with the CVT and 2,150 with the MT.

    so, if I used the calculator correctly, that puts 75 MPH at about 2,687 RPM. Not high at all IMO. Pretty sure also that is lower than it was on my 2005. Yeah, could make it a bit taller and drop that down to under 2,500, but not like my old tC Scion that was geared the same as my Miata and did turn 3K at 60. At least it made sense in the Miata.

    I would be shocked if I did not easily beat the EPA in a manual Accord, especially on the highway.

    plus, the ATs on most cars, especially the 4 cyl sedans (including my Sonata) are geared too high, and with reluctance to downshift, often lugging a lot. And at least the stick won't have a motorboat drone like a CVT!

    I remember my '92 Miata as you mention. Funny it seemed to get the same mpg around town as it did on the highway. I agree 2700 isn't too bad at 75, but if it is 3750, another matter. Hoping the gearing is more relaxed than that. Honda is known for their great shifting manuals. I would love to drive a manual EX to experience it.

    2018 VW Passat w/tech, 2015 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 15,193
    I got some Ford rubber winter mats when I bought my Fusion, but the driver's side mat is way too small.
    Went looking for those tray style mats.
    Looked at Weathertech, Husky, Michelin and Ford.
    Ordered them through FordAccessories. List was $120 for 4. They have a local dealer pricing option and I got them for $98 including sales tax.
    Picking them up at the dealer tomorrow.
    2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, TBD
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,427
    sda said:

    stickguy said:

    the Accord is geared pretty long. 3K is going to give you at least 75mph most likely. My 2005 with the 5 speed was not geared all that short either.

    got ambitious, and hit google. Found a review of a 2016 Sport 6MT. Included was this: Theoretical [email protected] mph is 1,000 RPMs with the CVT and 2,150 with the MT.

    so, if I used the calculator correctly, that puts 75 MPH at about 2,687 RPM. Not high at all IMO. Pretty sure also that is lower than it was on my 2005. Yeah, could make it a bit taller and drop that down to under 2,500, but not like my old tC Scion that was geared the same as my Miata and did turn 3K at 60. At least it made sense in the Miata.

    I would be shocked if I did not easily beat the EPA in a manual Accord, especially on the highway.

    plus, the ATs on most cars, especially the 4 cyl sedans (including my Sonata) are geared too high, and with reluctance to downshift, often lugging a lot. And at least the stick won't have a motorboat drone like a CVT!

    stickguy said:

    the Accord is geared pretty long. 3K is going to give you at least 75mph most likely. My 2005 with the 5 speed was not geared all that short either.

    got ambitious, and hit google. Found a review of a 2016 Sport 6MT. Included was this: Theoretical [email protected] mph is 1,000 RPMs with the CVT and 2,150 with the MT.

    so, if I used the calculator correctly, that puts 75 MPH at about 2,687 RPM. Not high at all IMO. Pretty sure also that is lower than it was on my 2005. Yeah, could make it a bit taller and drop that down to under 2,500, but not like my old tC Scion that was geared the same as my Miata and did turn 3K at 60. At least it made sense in the Miata.

    I would be shocked if I did not easily beat the EPA in a manual Accord, especially on the highway.

    plus, the ATs on most cars, especially the 4 cyl sedans (including my Sonata) are geared too high, and with reluctance to downshift, often lugging a lot. And at least the stick won't have a motorboat drone like a CVT!

    I remember my '92 Miata as you mention. Funny it seemed to get the same mpg around town as it did on the highway. I agree 2700 isn't too bad at 75, but if it is 3750, another matter. Hoping the gearing is more relaxed than that. Honda is known for their great shifting manuals. I would love to drive a manual EX to experience it.
    My Prelude's H22A motor spins at 4,000 RPM @ 80 mph in 5th gear.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,293
    The Miata never bothered me. mainly because I rarely drove on the highway (heck, I rarely drove it at all, hence the reason I dumped it). Plus, with the top down, you did not really hear the engine. and it was smooth.

    the Scion, that shocked me. It basically had a Camry engine, but was geared like a 1969 SS396 drag pack. almost exactly the same RPMs in top gear as the Miata. No surprise, MPG was sucky. Never really liked that car. Was happy to replace it after 1.5 years with the Accord.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 14,088
    edited November 2016
    nyccarguy said:


    My Prelude's H22A motor spins at 4,000 RPM @ 80 mph in 5th gear.

    Ditto for the M42 in my 318ti- and it still averages around 30 mpg at that speed.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 3,773
    edited November 2016
    nyccarguy said:

    sda said:

    stickguy said:

    the Accord is geared pretty long. 3K is going to give you at least 75mph most likely. My 2005 with the 5 speed was not geared all that short either.

    got ambitious, and hit google. Found a review of a 2016 Sport 6MT. Included was this: Theoretical [email protected] mph is 1,000 RPMs with the CVT and 2,150 with the MT.

    so, if I used the calculator correctly, that puts 75 MPH at about 2,687 RPM. Not high at all IMO. Pretty sure also that is lower than it was on my 2005. Yeah, could make it a bit taller and drop that down to under 2,500, but not like my old tC Scion that was geared the same as my Miata and did turn 3K at 60. At least it made sense in the Miata.

    I would be shocked if I did not easily beat the EPA in a manual Accord, especially on the highway.

    plus, the ATs on most cars, especially the 4 cyl sedans (including my Sonata) are geared too high, and with reluctance to downshift, often lugging a lot. And at least the stick won't have a motorboat drone like a CVT!

    stickguy said:

    the Accord is geared pretty long. 3K is going to give you at least 75mph most likely. My 2005 with the 5 speed was not geared all that short either.

    got ambitious, and hit google. Found a review of a 2016 Sport 6MT. Included was this: Theoretical [email protected] mph is 1,000 RPMs with the CVT and 2,150 with the MT.

    so, if I used the calculator correctly, that puts 75 MPH at about 2,687 RPM. Not high at all IMO. Pretty sure also that is lower than it was on my 2005. Yeah, could make it a bit taller and drop that down to under 2,500, but not like my old tC Scion that was geared the same as my Miata and did turn 3K at 60. At least it made sense in the Miata.

    I would be shocked if I did not easily beat the EPA in a manual Accord, especially on the highway.

    plus, the ATs on most cars, especially the 4 cyl sedans (including my Sonata) are geared too high, and with reluctance to downshift, often lugging a lot. And at least the stick won't have a motorboat drone like a CVT!

    I remember my '92 Miata as you mention. Funny it seemed to get the same mpg around town as it did on the highway. I agree 2700 isn't too bad at 75, but if it is 3750, another matter. Hoping the gearing is more relaxed than that. Honda is known for their great shifting manuals. I would love to drive a manual EX to experience it.
    My Prelude's H22A motor spins at 4,000 RPM @ 80 mph in 5th gear.
    I've had a couple of cars that were geared that way. It never seemed to hurt their longevity and it kept them in the power band, but made for a noisy highway ride and reduced mpg. I remember doing a 600 mile trip in my '87 VW Cabriolet and the noise from the engine spinning close to 4k hour after hour became very tiresome. Once I'm out on the highway in cruise mode I prefer less RPMs. Quiet please.

    2018 VW Passat w/tech, 2015 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 14,088
    sda said:


    I've had a couple of cars that were geared that way. It never seemed to hurt their longevity and it kept them in the power band, but made for a noisy highway ride and reduced mpg. I remember doing a 600 mile trip in my '87 VW Cabriolet and the noise from the engine spinning close to 4k hour after hour became very tiresome. Once I'm out on the highway in cruise mode I prefer less RPMs. Quiet please.

    I actually like the engine sound in my ti; it suits the car. On a more luxury biased vehicle it wouldn't be suitable.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    roadburner

    Any news when the 17 5er's are hitting the floors

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 14,088
    brian125 said:

    roadburner

    Any news when the 17 5er's are hitting the floors

    We are still anticipating late January. Our first production spot is week 51 of this year.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

  • berriberri Posts: 10,165
    It seems like more '17's are rolling out late after prior years had lots of new models rolling out early. The old traditional October introduction and rollout is long gone.
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    Noticed that to Berri

    Very surprised that the 17 Optima has not hit showrooms yet. Still no word ?? There are many Kia forum posters waiting to buy the 17 Optima last month in Discussions..

    Seen a new Altima silver with dual chrome tips off the back. Look sharp from my view of it. Had Texas plates on it.

    The 2017 Altima I drove base model I found it very comfortable. Feels big inside Great vehicle to lease for a bargain. What stands out that I didn't like was road noise inside the cabin . Even the tire squeal between 20 to 30 mph bothered me. Base motor was loud when accelerating. CVT worked well

    A $169 / $179 month lease with its very good gas mph makes this vehicle attractive. Camry is a better vehicle but seat comfort is awful.

    Still Say............. Accord, Sonata, Malibu, Fusion are at the top with Mazda6 for a sportier handling ride.

    Going with a friend to check out the new 2017 Maserati Levante S SUV. Should be a fun day. Hoping they have a 2017 Maserati Quattroporte on lot . A test drive is a must..

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    OOPS forgot about the Subie Legacy. Top vehicle with only one major draw back for many. Underpowered motor.

    Put a family of 4 or 5 with luggage in that vehicle it crawls like........... A pig going in the Slaughter house

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,427
    brian125 said:

    OOPS forgot about the Subie Legacy. Top vehicle with only one major draw back for many. Underpowered motor.

    Put a family of 4 or 5 with luggage in that vehicle it crawls like........... A pig going in the Slaughter house

    I'll be the 1st to admit that my Legacy needs a serious boost (pun intended) in the power department. Once it gets going it has no trouble keeping up with traffic on the open road. I do have to somewhat plan my passing maneuvers. I find myself often saying: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" as I floor the gas pedal.

    You'll appreciate this @brian125. Last week I took my 2 sons into the city for the Rangers game. My 7 year old has "to go" when we are driving down the Westside Highway. I pull off onto one of the emergency spots, he relieves himself, & cars are barreling down the Westside Highway. I say and waited for a solid 2 minutes before I could pull back onto the highway.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    Boy if I had A dime everytime I heard that one. :smile:

    Overall I know you said very good solid car. Wasn't there talks for a Turbo in the 18 legacy. The 3.5R in the Outback would make a nice upgrade engine. The legacy might be the only Midsizer that offers AWD.

    Subaru's legacy and Forester's Outward visibility/ seat position is tops in there class .

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 15,193
    Fusion is available with AWD and has a nice turbo 4 to go with it.
    2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, TBD
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,427
    brian125 said:

    Boy if I had A dime everytime I heard that one. :smile:

    Overall I know you said very good solid car. Wasn't there talks for a Turbo in the 18 legacy. The 3.5R in the Outback would make a nice upgrade engine. The legacy might be the only Midsizer that offers AWD.

    Subaru's legacy and Forester's Outward visibility/ seat position is tops in there class .

    It is a great car. Very well screwed together. Rides nice without being overly cushy. CVT works great. Easy to drive, easy on the wallet, fantastic service department, wonderful in the snow. I'm happy with the car, I just wish for 200 - 225 horsepower (300 would be ideal). Honestly, something that gets to 60 in the high 6s to 7.1 - 7.2 would be perfect for daily driving.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 14,088
    nyccarguy said:



    It is a great car. Very well screwed together. Rides nice without being overly cushy. CVT works great. Easy to drive, easy on the wallet, fantastic service department, wonderful in the snow. I'm happy with the car, I just wish for 200 - 225 horsepower (300 would be ideal). Honestly, something that gets to 60 in the high 6s to 7.1 - 7.2 would be perfect for daily driving.

    I'll tell you what, if I didn't already have the 2er I'd lease a 330e iPerformance. One of the sales advisors has one; he drives to work on electric power and drives home on gasoline. He averages 48 mpg. In a car that does the 0-60 romp under six seconds and runs the quarter in the low fourteens...

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,427
    @roadburner - that 330e is RWD only? Leasing a 330e for 36 months with a 20K per year allotment can't be very budget friendly.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 14,088
    I haven't checked on the exact numbers, but the lease is heavily subvented to help BMW's CAFE numbers.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    nyccarguy said:

    @roadburner - that 330e is RWD only? Leasing a 330e for 36 months with a 20K per year allotment can't be very budget friendly.

    Yes, 330e is RWD only.

    2017 lease numbers are .00134 and 59% for 36/15 - extra miles are paid up front, though I don't know at what rate (.25/mile?)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    Just price the new 2017 Buick lacrosse premium 3.5 awd loaded. MSRP 50k. We are crossing into some bold territory here. Reviews look good. Base model started at 32k

    Gotta say Hyundai and Kia's upscale sedans atleast have 10/100k trans, 5/60k bumper, 7yr Anti-perforation warranty.

    Buick on a whole did move up to the 3 or 4 spot in CR best reliability brand .

    http://www.edmunds.com/buick/lacrosse/2017/review/

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 14,227
    I did something similar last week. One thing they are doing that I do not like is similar to Cadillac and M-B among other manufacturers - they are using leatherette upholstery on most of the trims, with leather optional on some and standard only on the top-line models. I guess leatherette is the new cloth.

    The base model is still probably a nice car but you need to get it well into the $40K range here before you have some of the nice electronic frills. And lease residuals right now are crazy low, making it not an attractive option. I like the front end and interior styling, but the rear end and fastback profile do not thrill me.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,943
    brian125 said:

    Vehicle MSRP Term Monthly Payment
    2016 Toyota Corolla LE $19,795 36 $191
    2016 Volkswagen Jetta S $19,600 36 $201
    2016 Hyundai Elantra $19,075 36 $203
    2016 Mazda 3 4-Door $18,895 39 $206
    2016 Nissan Sentra SV $19,755 36 $212
    2016 Chevrolet Cruz $21,120 39 $218
    2016 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T S $23,260 36 $220
    2016 Toyota Camry LE $24,130 36 $230
    2016 Honda Civic LX $20,275 36 $230
    2016 Honda Accord LX $23,840 36 $239
    2017 Hyundai Sonata $22,585 36 $239
    2016 Nissan Rogue S $25,910 36 $250
    2016 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T $25,755 36 $253
    2016 Mazda6 $22,995 36 $255
    2016 Toyota RAV4 $26,875 36 $258
    2016 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT $25,020 39 $260
    2016 Nissan Altima 2.5 S $24,475 36 $264
    2016 Subaru Legacy $22,840 36 $266
    2016 Honda CR-V LX $24,745 36 $268
    2016 Mazda CX-5 $24,445 36 $270
    2017 Chevrolet Equinox $27,345 39 $274
    2016 Subaru Crosstrek $22,445 36 $277
    2017 Kia Sorrento LX $27,595 36 $288
    2016 Santa Fe Sport $25,845 36 $306
    2016 Dodge Challenger R/T $34,390 42 $316
    2016 Kia Sedona LX $29,395 36 $327
    2016 Honda Odyssey LX $30,450 36 $341
    2017 Toyota 86 $27,930 36 $346
    2016 Nissan Pathfinder S $32,790 36 $349
    2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5 S $33,755 36 $355
    2016 Nissan Murano S $31,010 36 $355
    2016 Nissan Maxima 3.5S $33.655.00 36 $355
    2016 Acura TLX P-AWS $32,635 36 $360
    216 Acura TLX $32,635 36 $360
    2016 BMW 320i $34,145 39 $361
    2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan $35,245 36 $368
    2016 Hyundai Genesis $27,845 36 $368
    2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L $39,700 36 $374
    2017 Toyota Sienna LE $33,995 36 $374
    2016 Chevrolet Traverse $34,900 39 $375
    2016 Dodge Grand Caravan $30,290 36 $381
    2016 Subaru BRZ $26,190 36 $389
    2015 Nissan Quest $27,825 36 $404
    Infiniti Q50 AWD 2.0T $34,145.00$40,555.00 39 $413
    RRover Disc. Sport SE $38,450 36 $427
    2016 Mazda CX-9 $33,320 39 $435
    2016 Toyota Highlander XLE $39,940 24 $437
    2016 Toyota 4-Runner $36,555 24 $470
    2016 Lexus RC 300 AWD $47,637 36 $471
    2016 Infiniti Q60 Coupe $42,205 39 $485
    2016 Lexus NX 200t $38,163 36 $491
    2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i $46,145 36 $508
    2016 Infiniti Q60 3.5 AWD $43,995 39 $513
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD $44,890 36 $531
    2016 Cadillac XT5 $44,895 39 $557
    2016 Volkswagen Touareg $50,615 36 $568
    2016 Mercedes SLC RD $51,375 36 $583
    2016 BMW M235i xD Coupe $47,145 36 $606
    2016 BMW 550i Sedan $67,295 36 $792
    2016 Porsche Panamera $87,145 36 $829
    2016 Cadillac CTS-V $83,995 36 $897
    2016 Mercedes GL450 $66.200.00 36 $910
    2016 Cadillac Escalade $79,645 39 $911
    2017 BMW 750i xDrive Sedan $98,395 36 $1,157
    2016 Nissan GT-R $103,660 36 $1,196
    2016 Mercedes S550 $95,650 36 $1,210
    2016 Range Rover HSE $100,500 33 $1,278
    2016 Mercedes S550 Roadster $108,975 36 $1,310
    2017 Porsche 911 Carerra $104,880 36 $1,367
    2016 Mercedes S550 $123,485 36 $1,902


    Best bang for your buck with 0 down

    Where did you get these numbers? Some of them seem high, based on advertised lease deals in my area (Twin Cities). For example, the Elantra SE is available for well under $200/month for sign-and-drive, and I've seen sign-and-drive 36 month leases on the Sonata SE recently for around $200/month. Similarly on the Sentra SV and Altima S--much lower real-world leases based on 36 months, sign-and-drive.
  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    edited November 2016
    Above lease deals may be from Oct, they are no haggle lease deals , surely certain regions are offering better deals right now.

    If your looking for a cheap lease with good gas mpg how could you go wrong with above deals you posted for a Hyundai / Nissan . Below is the website I read often cross checking car info.

    @stickguy leased a Sonata . He had made a similar deal.

    Most really good lease deals this month on low end Hyundai , Kia, Toyota's etc will run $159 / $199 month excluding Acq fee, doc's , and taxes. Of coarse you will need to do alittle more negotiating on your end to get these prices if not a sign and drive special. .

    http://www.realcartips.com/

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    edited November 2016
    Ford is offering $1750 cash back on all 2016 / 17 models plus a $1000 black Friday rebate that runs till the end of this month . Plus a $500 rebate if you have a Non ford lease . Another $500 rebate for active law enforcement or 1st responders. plus the standard $500 college grad / military rebate . 0% 60 months, 1.9% 72

    Leasing incentives are very good also.

    The 2016 Expedition comes with 9k in rebate / incentive money .

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 12,186
    Michaell said:

    nyccarguy said:

    @roadburner - that 330e is RWD only? Leasing a 330e for 36 months with a 20K per year allotment can't be very budget friendly.

    Yes, 330e is RWD only.

    2017 lease numbers are .00134 and 59% for 36/15 - extra miles are paid up front, though I don't know at what rate (.25/mile?)
    Unless the miles are discounted what would be the incentive to pay miles up front? I would just take the lease at low miles knowing I'd be paying the extra miles on the back end (if it is all the same rate).
    '15 Audi S4 quattro AWD Prestige, '16 Audi TTS quattro AWD 2.0T, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD 2.0T
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    andres3 said:

    Michaell said:

    nyccarguy said:

    @roadburner - that 330e is RWD only? Leasing a 330e for 36 months with a 20K per year allotment can't be very budget friendly.

    Yes, 330e is RWD only.

    2017 lease numbers are .00134 and 59% for 36/15 - extra miles are paid up front, though I don't know at what rate (.25/mile?)
    Unless the miles are discounted what would be the incentive to pay miles up front? I would just take the lease at low miles knowing I'd be paying the extra miles on the back end (if it is all the same rate).
    Buying them up front allows you to distribute the cost across your lease term, rather than writing one large check at the end of the lease.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,427
    Maybe this can get our lively discussion going again. A dealer near where I work is advertising $5,999 or $5,998 off of every single Accord in stock. Does that mean they "stick it to you" with the trade? Definitely a good time to be in the market for a Mid Sized Sedan.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 3,773
    nyccarguy said:

    Maybe this can get our lively discussion going again. A dealer near where I work is advertising $5,999 or $5,998 off of every single Accord in stock. Does that mean they "stick it to you" with the trade? Definitely a good time to be in the market for a Mid Sized Sedan.

    Even without a trade I wonder how many 'gotchas' apply. If they are truly discounted that much I need to make a trip your way!

    2018 VW Passat w/tech, 2015 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • akirbyakirby Posts: 8,062
    Snake oil.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674
    nyccarguy said:

    Maybe this can get our lively discussion going again. A dealer near where I work is advertising $5,999 or $5,998 off of every single Accord in stock. Does that mean they "stick it to you" with the trade? Definitely a good time to be in the market for a Mid Sized Sedan.

    Both 2016's and 2017's?

    Do those prices also work for leases, or purchase only?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • steverstever Posts: 52,457
    edited December 2016
    Here's a post this morning from someone who leased a 2017 EX-L sedan for $4,995 under MSRP.

    There was one yesterday in that same thread for around $3,900 off MSRP for a purchase. Don't know if they did the deal.

    That screamer ad probably doesn't include destination, so deduct that $835 and you won't be too far off from an actual sale reported on the forum.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,293
    Brands dealer, I looked at link. Very clear crossing out MSRP and writing in new price. Only a disclaimer about incentives applied, and I don't think Honda is too bad there. Even if that was a scam $1k, 5 large off a new 2017 is a screaming deal. Enough to get me to drive in the Bronx even, and that rakes a lot.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,427
    stickguy said:

    Brands dealer, I looked at link. Very clear crossing out MSRP and writing in new price. Only a disclaimer about incentives applied, and I don't think Honda is too bad there. Even if that was a scam $1k, 5 large off a new 2017 is a screaming deal. Enough to get me to drive in the Bronx even, and that rakes a lot.

    Let me know @stickguy. We can have lunch if you get there when they open and get out of F&I by 3:00 pm!

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,293
    Sadly, I am a year away. These deals better be out there this time next year!

    And can you get me really good authentic Dominican food?

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,427
    stickguy said:

    Sadly, I am a year away. These deals better be out there this time next year!

    And can you get me really good authentic Dominican food?

    There is a place around the corner from me that makes EXCELLENT Dominican food. The dealership is not too far from Arthur Avenue though.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    edited December 2016
    @Stickguy

    Take what ever model Accord 2017 you want and subtract 2500 to 3k off invoice price. That would be what your looking at to buy/ lease in DC, MD , VA area at the end of DEC

    NJ ? NY Accords are selling at 1500 to $2000 below invoice with your states 299 to 399 doc fee.

    NY doc's are capped at $75

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • akirbyakirby Posts: 8,062
    Must be local/regional incentives.
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 3,773
    brian125 said:

    @Stickguy

    Take what ever model Accord 2017 you want and subtract 2500 to 3k off invoice price. That would be what your looking at to buy/ lease in DC, MD , VA area at the end of DEC

    NJ ? NY Accords are selling at 1500 to $2000 below invoice with your states 299 to 399 doc fee.

    NY doc's are capped at $75

    I wish there was a similar cap on doc fees in NC/SC. Some dealers are charging close to $1k, with most around $500-700. Shame on them. I ask before making any negotiation what their doc fee so I can discount it in my offer.

    2018 VW Passat w/tech, 2015 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,239
    NC doc's are high $499 plus . Coast Honda by me in Myrtle was $299 last time I tried to buy a Honda there.

    2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

  • akirbyakirby Posts: 8,062
    That's one benefit of using Ford X plan. Dealer can't charge more than $100 doc fee (or the state allowed amount if that's lower).

    I was talking to one salesman about a used car for a relative and I said so that's the price plus tax, tag and title? He said yes, except for the doc fee which you probably know about. I said yes but I call it additional dealer profit. He just laughed.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 15,193
    Took me over 3 weeks to go through the 2nd tank of gas in my Fusion.
    Went further, but took an extra gallon, so 26.6 mpg.
    Had to deal with a lot of traffic, several times I didn't bother with the highway on the way home from work.
    2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, TBD
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 170,674

    Took me over 3 weeks to go through the 2nd tank of gas in my Fusion.
    Went further, but took an extra gallon, so 26.6 mpg.
    Had to deal with a lot of traffic, several times I didn't bother with the highway on the way home from work.

    I filled my car up a week ago (11/30). According to my log, my previous fillup was on 10/31.

    Just over 300 miles on the tank in a month.

    When this lease is up, I may not replace it, and drive the wife's car when it's available (her and my daughter commute together, and they take turns driving)

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 15,193
    @Michaell,
    For some reason, I need to have an extra car around.
    I think it goes back to the 70's gas crisis when you could only get fuel every other day.
    Back then, I had a 75 mile per day round trip commute.
    It did help me get through the worst of the very high prices we had in '08.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)
    2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, TBD
Sign In or Register to comment.