Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504

This is my son's senior year at South Carolina. . .

Wow, the time, she does fly. I thought it was only a few months ago that he was school shopping and you were sending him away with the X3.

I'm sure he'll have a great time.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,542
    tell me about it. My baby is just 1 year behind. Or as I look at it, I am 2 tuition payments behind Roadburner!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,315
    Tuition payments are behind us, but I'm still paying my kids wireless phone bill.
    I did tell them I am not paying for their next phone.
    Their phones are paid near xmas, so I'll probably cave again. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    edited March 2017
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

@jmonroe

I read, with interest, your "book", chapter and verse, including the preface.  Great story JM.  I enjoyed it! ;)

Yeh, up for the best non-fiction true story book of the year award. second only in size to War and Peace.
    Just for that I am going to post all the conversations I had with my fellow employees and my uncle. The one with my uncle and what transpired after that with my call to the SM is priceless. You'll see. :@

jmonroe
    Can't wait :D
    Damn, I thought you'd never ask. B)

Here is the post I made about my conversation with my uncle and the resulting conversation with the SM about the XG 350 that was denied warranty service due to a blown engine. I posted this in SFTSFL in October of 2012. The XG 350's engine blew up in October 2011.

I'll let @Mr_Shiftright do the word count on this. If he's up to it. :o

Here goes:

Earlier in the week I bumped into my sole surviving uncle (84, I think) in a parking lot not too far from where I live. We had this conversation:

Uncle: How do you like your Genesis? How old is it now?

Me: The car is doing just fine. I've had it for more than 3 ½ years but I won't be getting another Hyundai from that dealer.

My uncle points to his 2010 Sonata and says he will be trading that in a few days because he just got a call from a sales manager at the same dealership where I had my problem with the 2005 XG 350 and they gave him a good deal. So he was going to trade his in. My uncle used to drive Cadillac's exclusively and still has one but for his second car and as a runner for his small business (about 10 employees not counting his 2 sons who pretty much run the place these days) he decided to get a Hyundai because he liked what he heard from me about them. He has had 2 already and this would be his third; a 2013 Sonata Limited. The dealer was making a dealer trade and would call him as soon as it came in and was cleaned up in a few days, he figured. He only deals with this one particular SM at this place and the guy called him and said it was about time that he got another car and they did all of the sales stuff over the phone, like they always did. He was just waiting for a call when it came in. My uncle then asks why I won't get another Hyundai from that dealer. I tell him and the conversation continues:

Uncle: Are you serious? They really did that to you? (he said this a couple times)

Me: Yes, it happened just like I told you.

Uncle: If that's the way they do business, I'm calling the SM and telling him the deal is off.

Me: Yeah, do that.

He calls the SM and tells him to cancel the deal and tells him why. Now a conversation between my uncle and the SM:

SM: I heard something about this a while ago but that shouldn't stop you from buying a car from us.

Uncle: Well it just did.

SM: Let me look into this to be sure I'm thinking about the same story and I'll get back to you.

Uncle: Same story? How many times have you done this to your customers?

The SM calls him back in about 20 minutes:

SM: Yes, this is what I was thinking about and if someone would have contacted me this could have been avoided.

Uncle: The way I understand it my nephew talked to a salesman and he went to somebody about it and nothing was done. So he bought a Subaru from a dealer in Columbus. Just cancel the deal, I'm not buying that car and that is final.

SM: We've had a pretty good relationship for years now and just because your nephew had a problem with a 7 year old car, you're telling me we can't do business anymore?

Uncle: The car might have been 7 years old but it only had around 43K miles on it and it was in otherwise very good shape. It should have been covered by the 10 year/100K mile warranty.

SM: Like I said if I knew about this it wouldn't have happened. Let's keep our deal going.

Uncle: Just cancel the deal.

SM: So, the good relationship we had means nothing.

Uncle: Blood is thicker than water.

They hung up and that was it, almost.

By almost I mean until yesterday at about 2 PM when I get a call from Mrs. j and she tells me a big shot at the dealership wanted my work number because he wanted to straighten out the problem we had with the XG 350. She did not give him my phone number at work but he wanted a call from me to discuss the situation. For fun I called him and we had this conversation:

SM: Let me apologize for what happened with your 2005 XG 350.

Me: You're almost a year late, to the day, with your apology. Don't tell me you called just for that.

SM: Actually, in addition to our apology for what happened I'd like to make it up to you. I see that your Genesis is 4 years old and if you buy another one from us I'll see to it that you will get back the $3,000 you lost by selling EDIT: the XG 350 to us with the bad engine (I got $2,800 for it as it sat with a blown engine in December 2011).

Me: I don't need another car now so just send a check.

SM: Mr. jmonroe from talking to your I see that you know something about the car business so you know that I can't just write you a check for $3,000. I can save you that by over valuing your '09 Genesis and by selling you a new one for less than what we would sell it to someone else but I can't just write you a check and I know that you know that. (yes, I do know that)

Me: Like I said, I don't need another car now.

The conversation ended with him saying anytime I change my mind the offer stands. So, no deal was made. Then again, only one side wanted to make the deal.

If you'd like to see the conversations I had with a few of my fellow employees about them not buying from the dealer that screwed me on warranty work, just let me know but this story is the best in my opinion. ;)

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,315
    edited March 2017
    Good story Jmonroe.
    Hyundai is is desperate for car sales and there must be a lot of trunk money available.
    I'm waiting to see if Chevy will admit they are in the same situation and do the same thing to move some metal.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    later in the year, I will be finding out exactly how desperate Hyundai is, when my lease is up. Assuming they have something that actually interests me, and I want to get back on the leasing hamster wheel, I might let them bid against themselves, just to see where things end up.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

@graphicguy are you bringing an Attorney with you?

No.....Cadillac said their representative would be there via phone only. I don't even think the person is a legal representative, but from their customer care staff (at least that's what the BBB said). Who knows? I don't believe them or the BBB any more.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    andres3 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

Stick...I did catch that....I am saying my situation has been compared to GGs. One big difference is I haven't had to have 3, count them - 3 buy backs. All our MBs have performed beautifully.

You keep drawing the comparison between your good Mercedes experiences and his with Cadillac.

Besides, the number is not 3. That's just Cadillacs. Don't forget BMW, Toyota, Audi... is there a pattern here?

Sometimes a business chooses to fire a customer.

The way to fire a customer is to give them their money back in full. Not doing so would be like firing an employee and not giving them their back pay that they've already earned.
    AB should apply at the BBB or Cadillac Customer Service. He's exactly the kind of person they like!
    I appreciate most everyone's support in this frustrating Caddy situation. I'm going to take a breather from here for a bit. I do enjoy talking cars, deals, house shopping, TSA, even appliances. But, sometimes it just gets too "snarky"!

Will check in further on down the line
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286

I appreciate most everyone's support in this frustrating Caddy situation. I'm going to take a breather from here for a bit. I do enjoy talking cars, deals, house shopping, TSA, even appliances. But, sometimes it just gets too "snarky"!

Nooo. Don't let the snarkyness drive you away. Just ignore the bad posters.

Mods, see what happens when there isn't an ignore feature?
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    edited March 2017
    @graphicguy I'd like to echo @verdugo and ask you to stick around. We are a diverse enough bunch that I'd be shocked if we all ever agreed on anything (except our desire for cars).

You are a valued and well respected member of our community. Your presence is welcomed and would most certainly be missed. 
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Hey, GG, there are many posters here who truly enjoy your posts - whether they (your posts) refer to your Cadillac experiences, your thoughts about cars, what's happening in your life - you are a fixture here on our board - don't give in to those who frustrate you.  You know that most of us here respect and honor you for who you are.  

I would personally be disappointed if you left.  I need you - you have supported me in these last 8 months with my cancer, surgery, rehab, etc.  Please don't run away!   :'(

2021 Genesis G90

@graphicguy are you bringing an Attorney with you?
    No.....Cadillac said their representative would be there via phone only. I don't even think the person is a legal representative, but from their customer care staff (at least that's what the BBB said). Who knows? I don't believe them or the BBB any more.
    I probably wouldn't either. Good luck!
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,355
    Yeah, gg- stick around.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    Note to self - don't have the carpets cleaned at 2:30 in the afternoon. Seven hours later they are still damp. House is still a mess.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Michaell said:
    Note to self - don't have the carpets cleaned at 2:30 in the afternoon. Seven hours later they are still damp. House is still a mess.
    I could have told you that - but you didn't ask or even post that you were having your carpets done. It takes 24 hours to dry - and you are supposed to run your AC unit to get rid of the moisture.

2021 Genesis G90

Michaell said:

Not to make you feel bad but like @abacomike said it takes time. We have found that it is best to do carpet cleaning in the Spring when the temps are at least 70 F. That way you can open the windows or run the A/C.

Now, having said that the best carpeting we ever had was in the bedroom of our first house. I talked Mrs. j into getting chocolate brown carpeting. Looks like dirt so you can't see dirt. That was the last time I could talk her into that color. After that all the carpeting HAD to be beige. I never really liked that color but it is neutral and it is her house so...

Getting ready to redo the carpeting in a few rooms. Already did it in the family room a few years ago. It's the new beige...GREY but dark enough not to show ALL the dirt.

Good luck, it's only water (hopefully not too much suds) and it will dry out in another day. Go have some Woodruff Reserve. It works even for wet carpeting, just ask @abacomike.

jmonroe

• fordfoolfordfool Member Posts: 240

andres3 said:

I know a hotel in SF apparently thinks a $50 per night parking fee is appropriate. I remember when Motel 6's rented for less then that!

Hell, I remember when Motel 6s rented for $6, well, not quite -- it was $6.95, and if you wanted to watch the TV you paid extra for the little key that turned a switch on the side.
    And the TV remote was fastened to the night stand. :@
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,918
    edited March 2017
    We have light beige carpet through the whole house.  It's always got something on it due to two kids and.a dog.   We have a steam cleaner and use it often.   Carpets are usually dry in four hours or so. 

@graphicguy
    Been following this since the beginning and don't blame you for getting frustrated at some of the comments here.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    I appreciate most everyone's support in this frustrating Caddy situation. I'm going to take a breather from here for a bit. I do enjoy talking cars, deals, house shopping, TSA, even appliances. But, sometimes it just gets too "snarky"! Will check in further on down the line
    The ignore function in my brain must work better than I am aware since I haven't noticed those comments. Anyway, don't you dare leave me hanging on this story!!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,983
    edited March 2017
    qbrozen said:

The ignore function in my brain must work better than I am aware since I haven't noticed those comments. Anyway, don't you dare leave me hanging on this story!!

GG, don't go. I second what others have expressed. I really enjoy your postings and hate the experience you are having, again, with Cadillac.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 456
    Stick...I did catch that....I am saying my situation has been compared to GGs. One big difference is I haven't had to have 3, count them - 3 buy backs. All our MBs have performed beautifully.
    You keep drawing the comparison between your good Mercedes experiences and his with Cadillac. Besides, the number is not 3. That's just Cadillacs. Don't forget BMW, Toyota, Audi... is there a pattern here? Sometimes a business chooses to fire a customer.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but who has had buybacks from BMW, Toyota and Audi?
    I have the same question. 

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

No suds on the carpet - we bought some extra special fancy material that only requires water.

It was in the mid 70's yesterday, so I figured with the windows open it would be dry pretty quickly.

Nope.

But, all good this morning. Now to put the house back together.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,428
    @graphicguy - stick around dude.  We are here for you!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    sda said:

qbrozen said:

GG, don't go. I second what others have expressed. I really enjoy your postings and hate the experience you are having, again, with Cadillac.

GG, SDA expressed my feelings too! I am with you all the way on this....I have been there myself...though not as bad. We are here for you 100% and are hoping you the very best results possible.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Definitely. Take a break until after the hearing and resolution, and come back to post final results.

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Michaell said:

No suds on the carpet - we bought some extra special fancy material that only requires water.

It was in the mid 70's yesterday, so I figured with the windows open it would be dry pretty quickly.

Nope.

Glad it's done and worked out well. We got rid of carpet years ago. I prefer the look of wood and tile. So much easier to clean!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    suydam said:

Michaell said:

Nope.

Glad it's done and worked out well. We got rid of carpet years ago. I prefer the look of wood and tile. So much easier to clean!
    We do not have that much carpet - just the 4 bedrooms, and the stairs leading to the basement. Everything else is tile.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

For those that have been wondering what happened with our roof, a small update for you. There are two other homes in our sub-development all built at the same time as ours, with the same type of roof, installed by the same roofer, all at the same time.

I became uncomfortable with how cavalier the builder was being ("It'll only be $500 to fix the roof") and we collectively decided to have a full roof inspection performed. The inspection revealed that all three roofs were installed incorrectly to varying degrees, but the general gist is that all three need to be replaced because the cost to repair will exceed the cost of replacement.

Since Washington is a "right to cure" state, we have to give the builder formal certified notice of our demands before we can file a claim. I sent that off last week on behalf myself and the other homeowners, and now have to wait 45 days before we can file the claim. If I don't hear anything from them by 30 days one way or the other, we'll start speaking with a construction Attorney.

We also plan to go ahead and replace the roofs out of pocket, regardless of what the builder says since these cases can take years to reach a conclusion.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    driver100 said:

sda said:

qbrozen said:

GG, SDA expressed my feelings too! I am with you all the way on this....I have been there myself...though not as bad. We are here for you 100% and are hoping you the very best results possible.

@graphicguy, please stick around. We are on the edge of our seats awaiting a just resolution of your situation, and would appreciate an update. Always enjoy your posts!
    qbrozen said:

I'm with you about the "ignore function", I'm pretty good at that too, but for the life of me I don't know what "snarky" comments have been made. Maybe I missed those posts or I don't know "snarky" when I see it.

I guess I've been snarked on and didn't even know it. BUT, if I ever find out who did it...well, ah, um, lets just say I better not find out. :@ :@

jmonroe

Michaell said:

Nope.

Yeah, the ole "put the house back together" thingy. Sounds like a good start would be with more Woodruff Reserve. If Mrs. @Michaell wants to know why the couch is in the dining room now, just tell that's where you want it. Nah, nah, on second thought, don't say that or you'll need more of the Woodruff stuff. :'(

jmonroe

For those that have been wondering what happened with our roof, a small update for you. There are two other homes in our sub-development all built at the same time as ours, with the same type of roof, installed by the same roofer, all at the same time.

I became uncomfortable with how cavalier the builder was being ("It'll only be $500 to fix the roof") and we collectively decided to have a full roof inspection performed. The inspection revealed that all three roofs were installed incorrectly to varying degrees, but the general gist is that all three need to be replaced because the cost to repair will exceed the cost of replacement.

Since Washington is a "right to cure" state, we have to give the builder formal certified notice of our demands before we can file a claim. I sent that off last week on behalf myself and the other homeowners, and now have to wait 45 days before we can file the claim. If I don't hear anything from them by 30 days one way or the other, we'll start speaking with a construction Attorney.

We also plan to go ahead and replace the roofs out of pocket, regardless of what the builder says since these cases can take years to reach a conclusion.

Sorry to hear what you are going through.

When I heard you say "right to cure" and "45 days", I thought you were talking about hams. Then I realized this was a fitting comment for a bunch of hams that worked on your and your neighbors roofs.

As we have mentioned before, those so called "inspection points" during construction are just words. They are rarely enforced and in the end the owner has to live with all of the shoddy results.

Hopefully you will be reimbursed someday.

I hope you don't take this as a "snarky" post.

jmonroe

• js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 456
    jmonroe said:

qbrozen said:

I'm with you about the "ignore function", I'm pretty good at that too, but for the life of me I don't know what "snarky" comments have been made. Maybe I missed those posts or I don't know "snarky" when I see it.

I guess I've been snarked on and didn't even know it. BUT, if I ever find out who did it...well, ah, um, lets just say I better not find out. :@ :@

jmonroe

There have been some posts that suggest a casting of doubt over whether Graphicguy is giving a full account of the problems or processes regarding his Cadillacs. I can't imagine anyone having the time or inclination to make any of this up. He's been through several ordeals and I feel for the guy. I also really like some recent Cadillac products and what I've been reading would give me pause were I in the market for one. And not so much over the problems themselves, as every manufacturer will have them, but in how they are (or aren't) resolved.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

And now for something completely different...
    This is my son's senior year at South Carolina, and being a huge sports fan he managed to find some tickets to the NCAA Regional in Greenville to watch the Gamecocks. As you might know, SC clobbered Duke and is headed to NYC for the Sweet Sixteen. Tonight he called me and told me that-thanks to friends with very affluent parents-he had lined up free tickets and lodging for next weekend- all he needed was $200 for airfare. I figured it was a small price to pay... He sure can't say he had a deprived childhood; he's attended a bunch of NCAA basketball and football games- including three bowl games as as well as a dozen NCAA tournament games.
    Not to mention seeing Totenham play the Chicago Fire, an F1 race at Indy, two Indy 500s and a NASCAR race at Sparta KY.

Something both of you can look back on with fond memories for the rest of your lives !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

sounds like your roofer/builder went to the Hyundai school of engine building and engine warranty management. :smile:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    @andres3 that would be funnier if the roof had not leaked into my son's nursery.
    js06gv said:

jmonroe said:

qbrozen said:

jmonroe
    There have been some posts that suggest a casting of doubt over whether Graphicguy is giving a full account of the problems or processes regarding his Cadillacs. I can't imagine anyone having the time or inclination to make any of this up. He's been through several ordeals and I feel for the guy. I also really like some recent Cadillac products and what I've been reading would give me pause were I in the market for one. And not so much over the problems themselves, as every manufacturer will have them, but in how they are (or aren't) resolved.

I'd agree that if any of these bad customer service experiences are "made-up" then that writer/author deserves an Academy Award for BEST Original Screenplay! You can't make this stuff up! It is way too good!

I wonder if someone would have made a movie about 4 airliners being hijacked simultaneously and flown into the World Trade Center towers and one into the Pentagon if anyone would have thought the movie to be "believable" prior to 9/11.

I believe Art more often imitates life, not the other way around. Violent video games never made me commit grand theft auto or murder anyone in real life.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    @jmonroe - I don't drink hard liquor, so the Woodruff's would be wasted on me.

Save the wife's office, everything is back where it should be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    andres3 said:

I wonder if someone would have made a movie about 4 airliners being hijacked simultaneously and flown into the World Trade Center towers and one into the Pentagon if anyone would have thought the movie to be "believable" prior to 9/11.

I wonder if someone who claimed those 4 (or maybe even make it 6 or 7) occurrences were just bad luck and coincidental would have been believable.

Hope that's not too snarky.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:

andres3 said:

I wonder if someone who claimed those 4 (or maybe even make it 6 or 7) occurrences were just bad luck and coincidental would have been believable.

Read the book "Debt of Honor" by Tom Clancy. At the end of the book, an airliner is crashed into the Capitol building in DC during a joint session of congress.

Written in 1994.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,662

Try not to get upset at responses. Sometimes written posts that seem snarky are just clumsy attempts to be clever or funny. (Lord don't I know) we're all pulling for you here. I hope you know that.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited March 2017
    ab348 said:

andres3 said:

Well, I did see a "older" model CTS 2.0 on the freeway today, and it was running, moving along under its own power, and it wasn't smoking, belching, or making any backfire noises, so plus 1 for Cadillac.

If the odds of getting 3 lemon Caddy's in a row are like being struck by lightning, then it seems to me there should be no hesitation in providing a 4th replacement as the chances of that being another lemon are almost nil.

Also, it should be pointed out that Cadillac provided ultra stiff resistance on each and every buyback. It's not like they suddenly became adversarial after lighting struck twice, or 3 times.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,662

Sounds like GG's lemon law case...grind you down with delays until you give up.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Try not to get upset at responses. Sometimes written posts that seem snarky are just clumsy attempts to be clever or funny. (Lord don't I know) we're all pulling for you here. I hope you know that.

That is a good explanation of why I didn't see any snarkism in the post/s that irritated @graphicguy.

Like I said before, if anyone in here should have been snarked at, it is me.

jmonroe

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    I fail to see how there can be any doubt or even argument about any of it. It exceeded 30 consecutive days in the shop for one issue. Case closed. No other details even needed, frankly. Show me a lemon law where this is OK.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    andres3 said:

Well, I did see a "older" model CTS 2.0 on the freeway today, and it was running, moving along under its own power, and it wasn't smoking, belching, or making any backfire noises, so plus 1 for Cadillac.

The usual suspect strikes again! :D

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

For now, I'm going to give the builder the benefit of the doubt that this is simply a case of not totally understanding the gravity of the situation.

What he didn't realize (possibly still does not) is that by not agreeing to simply fix it in the first place, he made me curious about the state of the other homes in our sub-development. You can bet if I have to hire a lawyer beyond our three homes, I'm going to pull the records of every home they built 6 months before and 6 months after and encourage them to get roof inspections as well since they probably used the same sub-contractor.

Moral of the story? He was/is trying to call the bluff of the wrong person. I have no problem fronting the costs for this and dragging it out - mostly on principle.

That's what happens when you have to deal with a bunch of "hams". Both doing the work and then sitting in judgement of it.

As we have learned, it ain't just cars.

jmonroe