Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Mazda CX-5 Lease Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,200
edited September 2017 in Mazda
Ask your 2017 CX-5 lease questions, here! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out the 2017 Mazda CX-5 here

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• Options
    camacamacamacama Member Posts: 19
    Mazda CX-5 sport 2017 model. I'm in Florida. 36 months. 15k/year.What is the money factor and residual %? Also, any incentives right now? Loyalty?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    camacama said:

Mazda CX-5 sport 2017 model. I'm in Florida. 36 months. 15k/year.What is the money factor and residual %? Also, any incentives right now? Loyalty?

Where in Florida? I've got two sets of numbers - one for South Florida, one for the rest of the state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    chusun90chusun90 Member Posts: 36
    MF, RV and any incentives for 2017 CX-5 AWD GT model please? For 24/12, 30/12 and 36/12. I am in Portland, Oregon area.
  • Options
    chusun90 said:

MF, RV and any incentives for 2017 CX-5 AWD GT model please? For 24/12, 30/12 and 36/12. I am in Portland, Oregon area.

24/12 - .00370 and 76%
    30/12 - .00250 and 67%
    36/12 - .00101 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    prospectivesuvprospectivesuv Member Posts: 25
    Indiana, 36/12, 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD.. need MF, RV, and incentives (HA! I kid!)
  • Options

Indiana, 36/12, 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD.. need MF, RV, and incentives (HA! I kid!)

.00101 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    vroomvroomflvroomvroomfl Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

First time poster here. Located in Tampa, FL. I am looking for the RV and MF on a FWD 2017 CX-5 GT for 10k/36, 12k,36, and 15k/36. Thank you very much!
  • Options

Hi,

First time poster here. Located in Tampa, FL. I am looking for the RV and MF on a FWD 2017 CX-5 GT for 10k/36, 12k,36, and 15k/36. Thank you very much!

.00101 MF and 64%/63%/61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    crzyaimcrzyaim Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2017
    Looking for MF, RV and any lease cash....haha for Grand Touring AWD in CA. 12/36 Tia
  • Options
    crzyaim said:

Looking for MF, RV and any lease cash....haha for Grand Touring AWD in CA. 12/36 Tia

.00130 MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    carlitoszcarlitosz Member Posts: 8
    What kind of payments is everyone getting? I just got quoted 415/tax in with $1000 total, on a $33k CX-5 2017.
  • Options
    herrdoktorherrdoktor Member Posts: 31
    quick question about Mazda loyalty. does that come out of the dealer's end or out of Mazda corporate? In others words I should expect to get the loyalty in addition to any discount off of MSRP I am able to negotiate?
  • Options

quick question about Mazda loyalty. does that come out of the dealer's end or out of Mazda corporate? In others words I should expect to get the loyalty in addition to any discount off of MSRP I am able to negotiate?

If there is a loyalty incentive, it's coming from Mazda. Should be over and above any discount from the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vroomvroomflvroomvroomfl Member Posts: 2

I have started my search this week as dealers are getting more inventory. For the FWD GT model I am looking for I got $425 a month (quote given over the phone), $389 w/2k down, and ~$500 w/$0. These are all initial quotes and before deciding on a final price. The demand is high in my area so I do not know how reasonable dealers will be to get the vehicle at a decent price.
  • Options

I have started my search this week as dealers are getting more inventory. For the FWD GT model I am looking for I got $425 a month (quote given over the phone), $389 w/2k down, and ~$500 w/$0. These are all initial quotes and before deciding on a final price. The demand is high in my area so I do not know how reasonable dealers will be to get the vehicle at a decent price.
    is this for a buy or a lease?
  • Options
    1. Never negotiate the monthly payment. First and foremost negotiate the sales price. This is true no matter if you are buying or leasing. Once you have negotiated the sales price then negotiate the financing. even with a lease some aspects are subject to negotiation (the money factor). You should insist on the buy rate (base rate without markup). Once you have negotiated the financing then negotiate the value of your trade-in if you have one.

2. It's generally a bad idea to put money down on a lease (cap cost reduction). Avoid this as much as possible. Even though you may lower your monthly payment you aren't really saving yourself any money (a tiny bit of interest).

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Here is the preliminary deal I've negotiated:
    Central PA
    2017 GT AWD in soul red
    MSRP $32230
    Sales price $31,500
    Mazda loyalty $500
    cap cost $31000

By my calculations without any markup of the money factor I'm looking at a lease of:
    36/30k
    $0 down
    $363/month OTD (inclusive of all taxes, title, fees etc.)

This seems like a pretty good deal for a car that's only been available for a week or two.

a quick question with mazda leases is the first payment due at signing?
  • Options

Here is the preliminary deal I've negotiated:
    Central PA
    2017 GT AWD in soul red
    MSRP $32230
    Sales price $31,500
    Mazda loyalty $500
    cap cost $31000

By my calculations without any markup of the money factor I'm looking at a lease of:
    36/30k
    $0 down
    $363/month OTD (inclusive of all taxes, title, fees etc.)

This seems like a pretty good deal for a car that's only been available for a week or two.

a quick question with mazda leases is the first payment due at signing?

If you calculate it that way, then the first payment is due at signing. You can roll that into the CAP cost if you want, but it will raise the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tonylukestonylukes Member Posts: 5
    Looking for residual & MF on a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, 36 mo/12k or 36mo/10k in Maine.

Thanks!
  • Options
    tonylukes said:

Looking for residual & MF on a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, 36 mo/12k or 36mo/10k in Maine.

Thanks!

.00101 MF and 63%/64% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Inked a deal for the 2017 CX-5
    Details:
    I'm in Central PA
    GT AWD
    Soul Red over parchment leather
    MSRP 32,230
    Sales price/cap-cost $31000
    36 months, 10,000/year
    Residual 64%; Money factor .00101
    Monthly: $370.89 which includes 6% sales tax and an additional 3% motor vehicle lease tax.
    Drive off: $1,383 (includes 1st month payment, Acquisition fee, title and registration fee, and dealer doc fee).

Thanks for all of the help and happy hunting to all of you looking to get one.
  • Options
    Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mcquistonmcquiston Member Posts: 33
    In Eastern Pennsylvania

Just was quoted the following for a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/Premium Pkg (Mach. Grey Metallic, Retractable Cargo Cover, Rear Bumper Guard, Rear Parking Sensors, Mazda Mobile Start, All Weather Floor Mats)

MSRP $35,068
    Sale Price $34,750
    Net Capitalized Cost includes bank fee of $545 / $35,545
    Lease Term 36 months / 15K miles per year
    Money Factor .00101
    Residual 61%
    Monthly Payment $445 NO TAX INCLUDED

Specific car would not be available until 1 or 2nd week of May

Your thoughts? Any room for negotiation here?
  • Options
    mcquiston said:

In Eastern Pennsylvania

Just was quoted the following for a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/Premium Pkg (Mach. Grey Metallic, Retractable Cargo Cover, Rear Bumper Guard, Rear Parking Sensors, Mazda Mobile Start, All Weather Floor Mats)

MSRP $35,068
    Sale Price $34,750
    Net Capitalized Cost includes bank fee of $545 / $35,545
    Lease Term 36 months / 15K miles per year
    Money Factor .00101
    Residual 61%
    Monthly Payment $445 NO TAX INCLUDED

Specific car would not be available until 1 or 2nd week of May

Your thoughts? Any room for negotiation here?

I get $451.mo.+tax., so close enough.

You know there is an extra 3% tax in PA on a lease, right? That will put your monthly tax rate at 9%-11%. Looking at close to $500/mo.
    $300 discount from MSRP? That's not much.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    crzyaimcrzyaim Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2017
    crzyaim said:

Thanks for all the help I received from this board.

I contacted many dealers looking for internet quotes on GT AWD with premium. Most dealers were not budging off MSRP and according To here, MF for CA is .00130 and 62% Residual but all dealers quoting 63%. All dealers but one were marking up to as much as .00165. Before I got my deal, the best I received was $565 off MSRP with .00156 MF. Since I was willing to drive for best deal, I ended up with MSRP 34060 (soul red exterior) selling price 32419 with MF of .00101 (not sure if .00130 is for CA or I got regional rate and above was incorrect, but regardless far better than dealers marking up in my area) Total drive off $828. $500 towards drive off from Chase email coupon . I ended up paying only $328 towards balance of drive off with monthly payment incl tax $404 for 12/36, 63% MF.

I had dealers telling me they wouldn't compete with other dealers because I was looking for quotes, taking days to reply to internet price quotes requests and standing very firm on quotes I did receive. I surely wasn't going to pay MSRP and inflated MF.

Thought on deal...???
  • Options
    crzyaim said:

crzyaim said:

Thanks for all the help I received from this board.

I contacted many dealers looking for internet quotes on GT AWD with premium. Most dealers were not budging off MSRP and according To here, MF for CA is .00130 and 62% Residual but all dealers quoting 63%. All dealers but one were marking up to as much as .00165. Before I got my deal, the best I received was $565 off MSRP with .00156 MF. Since I was willing to drive for best deal, I ended up with MSRP 34060 (soul red exterior) selling price 32419 with MF of .00101 (not sure if .00130 is for CA or I got regional rate and above was incorrect, but regardless far better than dealers marking up in my area) Total drive off $828. $500 towards drive off from Chase email coupon . I ended up paying only $328 towards balance of drive off with monthly payment incl tax $404 for 12/36, 63% MF.

I had dealers telling me they wouldn't compete with other dealers because I was looking for quotes, taking days to reply to internet price quotes requests and standing very firm on quotes I did receive. I surely wasn't going to pay MSRP and inflated MF.

Thought on deal...???

These are going to be expensive to lease for the time being- new kid on the block, Mazda trying to clear out the old inventory.

Looks like you've checked with a lot of dealers and have negotiated the best deal you can.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jdubco24jdubco24 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2017
    Residual and MF on a GT AWD, 36 mo/10k, in Colorado Springs, CO? Thanks!
  • Options
    jdubco24 said:

Residual and MF on a GT AWD, 36 mo/10k, in Colorado Springs, CO? Thanks!

.00130 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    sim159sim159 Member Posts: 26
    Residual and MF on a GT AWD, 36 mo/10k, in New York, NY. Thanks
  • Options
    mrpeeng said:

Residual and MF on a GT AWD, 36 mo/10k, in New York, NY. Thanks

.00130 and 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    camstantcamstant Member Posts: 10
    Hello, I was interested in the MF/Residual on a GT/Touring trims (AWD) for a 36/12 lease in Missouri. Thanks!
  • Options
    camstant said:

Hello, I was interested in the MF/Residual on a GT/Touring trims (AWD) for a 36/12 lease in Missouri. Thanks!

.00101 MF and 63% residual for either trim.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sahar2000sahar2000 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I want to lease or buy a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD with premium package. I need it for mid to late June for a move from Illinois to NYC.
    1- Do you expect to see better incentives by then? Maybe around the Memorial Day?
    2- Is it better to wait to buy/lease the car in NYC rather than IL?
  • Options
    sahar2000 said:

Hi,
    I want to lease or buy a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD with premium package. I need it for mid to late June for a move from Illinois to NYC.
    1- Do you expect to see better incentives by then? Maybe around the Memorial Day?
    2- Is it better to wait to buy/lease the car in NYC rather than IL?

1) No idea on what might happen. Since the model is fairly new, it's possible that lease deals will get better.
    2) Since both states collect sales tax on leases, upfront, I'd wait until I moved, just for simplicity sake, and to make sure that I didn't get double-taxed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cnelsonutpgcnelsonutpg Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking for numbers on a 2017 CX-5 AWD in NJ for 36/10 & 24/10? Any help would be appreciated! I'm in debate between a 2016.5 and the 2017.. I know the lease numbers of the 17's aren't great right now.
  • Options

I'm looking for numbers on a 2017 CX-5 AWD in NJ for 36/10 & 24/10? Any help would be appreciated! I'm in debate between a 2016.5 and the 2017.. I know the lease numbers of the 17's aren't great right now.

Not great is putting it mildly

24/10 - .00370 and 77% for both trims
    36/10 - .00101 and 64% for both trims

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kostertagkostertag Member Posts: 13
    I know you just answered this for the most part....

But ....2017 cx-5 GT AWD 36/15

Thanks. Any idea on the odds of it being under 350 with the premium package and zero down? I know, i'm asking for a lot.
  • Options
    kostertag said:

Thanks. Any idea on the odds of it being under 350 with the premium package and zero down? I know, i'm asking for a lot.

Which state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sorry...NJ
  • Options
    initialvicinitialvic Member Posts: 3
    Can I get the RV and MF for an AWD CX-5 grand touring 36/10k. I'm in IL. Thanks in advance!
  • Options

Can I get the RV and MF for an AWD CX-5 grand touring 36/10k. I'm in IL. Thanks in advance!

.00101 and 64%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kostertag said:

kostertag said:

Sorry...NJ

.00101 MF and 61% residual.

Seems unlikely you'll get in under $350.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cnelsonutpgcnelsonutpg Member Posts: 12
    Michaell said:

What trims are these for? The Sport/Touring, or the Touring/GT?

Thanks for the help!
  • Options

Michaell said:

What trims are these for? The Sport/Touring, or the Touring/GT?

Thanks for the help!
    All trims are .00101 MF and 64% residual for 36/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Does the Mf and RV change month to month like the rebates/promos?
  • Options
    kostertag said:

Does the Mf and RV change month to month like the rebates/promos?

They can change. No guesses as to what may happen in the future.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    puckdrop8puckdrop8 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at 2017 Cx-5. What is the MF and RV for Touring in South Florida for 36/15

Do you think I can get $300 with $0 down?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    puckdrop8 said:

Looking at 2017 Cx-5. What is the MF and RV for Touring in South Florida for 36/15

Do you think I can get $300 with $0 down?

.00101 MF and 61% residual.

Need the MSRP and selling price to calculate a lease payment.
    I'm betting against $300/mo., though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jtotheojtotheo Member Posts: 5
    Hello, and thanks for this great service. I'm looking for the MF and RV for a 2017 Mazda CX 5 AWD Grand Touring with Preferred Equipment Package in the Washington, DC area.
  • Options
    jtotheo said:

Hello, and thanks for this great service. I'm looking for the MF and RV for a 2017 Mazda CX 5 AWD Grand Touring with Preferred Equipment Package in the Washington, DC area.

.00101 and 61% for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator