Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Ford Escape Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    mmyimm430 said:

Michaell said:

mmyimm430 said:

Could you please provide the MF and Residual for 2017 Escape SE FWD for 24 mo/10K in NYC? Thanks a lot.

59% and 1.00%

$3000 lease cash
    Thanks. This is my first time leasing a car could you please explain what lease cash means? Is that the rebate the dealer is getting from the manufacturer? I got a quote today for 0 down and it looked pretty expensive:

MSRP: 26145
    REBATE: 4000
    CAP COST: 22145
    MONTHLY: 383

Could you please comment on this quote? Thanks.
    Lease cash is an incentive. It's likely part of that rebate on your quote.
    If your CAP cost is the MSRP minus the rebate, then the dealer isn't providing any discount. Also, 36 month leases are much more cost effective (generally) than 24 month leases. Add those two things up, and it results in a high lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

jorilla said:

Hey can I please get RV, APR, & Lease Cash on 2017 Escape SE Johnson City TN lease term is 36/10K and 36/12k thank you

1.00% APR and 52%/51% residual
    $2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zdadzdad Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2017
    OK....a lease know nothing here. The deal I have is
    ---Escape Titanium
    ---$3400 in incentives
    ---$1500 dealer discount
    ---1.25%MF
    ---50% residual
    ---36mo/12k mi

Feels right. MF may be .25-.50 high, but a strong discount, and the highest trade on old car from any dealer.

Opine away.
    zdad said:

---Escape Titanium
    ---$3400 in incentives
    ---$1500 dealer discount
    ---1.25%MF
    ---50% residual
    ---36mo/12k mi

Feels right. MF may be .25-.50 high, but a strong discount, and the highest trade on old car from any dealer.

Opine away.

We show the residual as 51% for 36/12.
    What state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zdadzdad Member Posts: 15
    kyfdx said:

zdad said:

---Escape Titanium
    ---$3400 in incentives
    ---$1500 dealer discount
    ---1.25%MF
    ---50% residual
    ---36mo/12k mi

Opine away.

What state?
    Pennsylvania
    zdad said:

kyfdx said:

zdad said:

---Escape Titanium
    ---$3400 in incentives
    ---$1500 dealer discount
    ---1.25%MF
    ---50% residual
    ---36mo/12k mi

Opine away.

What state?
    Pennsylvania
    0.75% APR and 51% residual
    $3000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bbarth01bbarth01 Member Posts: 7
    Hi!

May I please have the RV/MF on the following two trims in SoCal?

Escape SE w/201a package
    Escape SE w/out 201a package

What would be a good dealership discount off MSRP to target outside of incentives?
    bbarth01 said:

Hi!

May I please have the RV/MF on the following two trims in SoCal?

Escape SE w/201a package
    Escape SE w/out 201a package

What would be a good dealership discount off MSRP to target outside of incentives?

1.00% APR and 49% residual for 36/15.
    $2000 lease cash.

Packages have no effect on lease variables.

No info on pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bbarth01bbarth01 Member Posts: 7
    Hi! I should have clarified the term and mileage in my original post.

RV/MF for the SE at 36mo & 12k in SoCal. I see residual is 49% for 15k, but I will be looking at 12k.

Thank you so much!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    bbarth01 said:

Hi! I should have clarified the term and mileage in my original post.

RV/MF for the SE at 36mo & 12k in SoCal. I see residual is 49% for 15k, but I will be looking at 12k.

Thank you so much!

51% for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rime1687rime1687 Member Posts: 2
    May I please have the MF(or APR) and the RV for 2017 Ford Escape Titanium in Alabama? 36/12
    rime1687 said:

May I please have the MF(or APR) and the RV for 2017 Ford Escape Titanium in Alabama? 36/12

51% and 1.00%

$2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• gregw5gregw5 Member Posts: 95
    if you would be so kind to provide lease numbers for 2017 Escape SE: 24mos / 10k miles per year Thank you!
    gregw5 said:

if you would be so kind to provide lease numbers for 2017 Escape SE: 24mos / 10k miles per year Thank you!

What state? Ford numbers are regional.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dbhunterdbhunter Member Posts: 29
    If you could supply info for 2017 escape SE for OH front wheel drive 10K and 12K miles. MF and residual please.
    thank you
    dbhunter said:

If you could supply info for 2017 escape SE for OH front wheel drive 10K and 12K miles. MF and residual please.
    thank you

.75% and 52% / 51%

$3000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dbhunterdbhunter Member Posts: 29
    Thank you very much for the info!
  • littlemisszoomlittlemisszoom Member Posts: 48
    Good morning! May I please get the latest information on a Ford Escape Titanium in AL? Thank you!

Good morning! May I please get the latest information on a Ford Escape Titanium in AL? Thank you!

1.00% APR and 49% residual for 36/15
    $2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• littlemisszoomlittlemisszoom Member Posts: 48
    Thank you!!!
  • robt1975robt1975 Member Posts: 9
    Hello! Do you have the numbers for Hawaii, Titanium fwd for 36/10 and 24/10? Thank you!
    robt1975 said:

Hello! Do you have the numbers for Hawaii, Titanium fwd for 36/10 and 24/10? Thank you!

24/10 - 59%
    36/10 - 52%

No regional MF numbers for Hawaii - closest I have is SoCal at .25% for 24 months or 1.00% for 36 months

$2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cylint1cylint1 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2017
    Hello,

1. Escape AWD SE, 36/12, MA - MF, Lease Cash, Conquest?
    2. Escape AWD Titanium, 36/12, MA - MF, Lease Cash, Conquest?

Thanks!
  • roman_groman_g Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    Can you please post MF and Residual for Escape FWD Titanium, 36 mo / 10K in SF Bay Area?
    Thanks.
    cylint1 said:

Hello,

1. Escape AWD SE, 36/12, MA - MF, Lease Cash, Conquest?
    2. Escape AWD Titanium, 36/12, MA - MF, Lease Cash, Conquest?

Thanks!

0.75% APR and 51% residual
    $3000 lease cash
    Either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

roman_g said:

Hi,
    Can you please post MF and Residual for Escape FWD Titanium, 36 mo / 10K in SF Bay Area?
    Thanks.

1.00% APR and 52% residual
    $2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bschleiferbschleifer Member Posts: 1
    Can you please post MF and Residual for 2017 Escape AWD Titanium 36/10.5 in Ohio (zip 44281)?

Thank you in advance for the information! I think a dealership is fudging the numbers.

Can you please post MF and Residual for 2017 Escape AWD Titanium 36/10.5 in Ohio (zip 44281)?

Thank you in advance for the information! I think a dealership is fudging the numbers.

0.75% APR and 52% residual
    $3000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shotforthshotforth Member Posts: 9
    Looking for MF for 2017 Escape AWD Titanium 36/15 in Wisconsin (ZIP: 53704) please. Thank you!
    shotforth said:

Looking for MF for 2017 Escape AWD Titanium 36/15 in Wisconsin (ZIP: 53704) please. Thank you!

0.75% APR
    $2750 lease cash
    47% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• foxis86foxis86 Member Posts: 15
    Hi

Can I get the RV & MF for SE & Titanium for 36 mo / 10k in Orlando, FL

Thanks for the info!!
    foxis86 said:

Hi

Can I get the RV & MF for SE & Titanium for 36 mo / 10k in Orlando, FL

Thanks for the info!!

50% and 1.00%

$2500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mjc_487mjc_487 Member Posts: 7
    Hey, 

I'm wondering what would be the RV and MF on a 2017 AWD Titanium for Bethlehem, PA(zip 18018)? I'm looking at a 36/10.5 term. 

Dealer quoted me $28,250 after $3,500 rebate and some negotiation off an MSRP of $32,690. Said the payment would be $435/month with tax included in that number. Does that sound right? 

Thanks!!
    mjc_487 said:

Hey, 

I'm wondering what would be the RV and MF on a 2017 AWD Titanium for Bethlehem, PA(zip 18018)? I'm looking at a 36/10.5 term. 

Dealer quoted me $28,250 after $3,500 rebate and some negotiation off an MSRP of $32,690. Said the payment would be $435/month with tax included in that number. Does that sound right? 

Thanks!!

0.25% APR and 50% residual
    $3750 lease cash (or, evidently $3500 in your region)

Your quoted payment is about $395/mo before adding 10% tax.
    If the adjusted CAP cost was the same as your sale price, I get $335/mo.+tax

How much is due at signing?
    Did they disclose the adjusted CAP cost?

$940 isn't a very big dealer discount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

mjc_487 said:

Hey, 

Thanks!!

Thanks for the fast reply!

So it looks like I was mistaken and the lease cash is actually $3250, making the dealer discount slightly better. I confirmed that amount on Ford's website.

They did not disclose the adjusted CAP cost but said if I took care of the first payment and DMV fees at signing and they come down "close to invoice" I'd be at $399/month after tax (which if I'm not mistaken is I believe 9% in PA?)

Does something feel off with these numbers or am I just being paranoid? This will be my first lease and I obviously don't want to get screwed.

Also, 50% seems like an awfully low residual. Am I wrong to think leasing a car that depreciates so much in the first 3 years is a bad idea? I really like the car but don't necessarily have my heart set on it. I also am considering a Mazda CX-5 or a Honda CR-V but neither of those cars have any manufacturer rebates like the $3250 Ford is offering.
    mjc_487 said:

kyfdx said:

mjc_487 said:

Hey, 

Thanks!!

So it looks like I was mistaken and the lease cash is actually $3250, making the dealer discount slightly better. I confirmed that amount on Ford's website.

They did not disclose the adjusted CAP cost but said if I took care of the first payment and DMV fees at signing and they come down "close to invoice" I'd be at $399/month after tax (which if I'm not mistaken is I believe 9% in PA?)

Does something feel off with these numbers or am I just being paranoid? This will be my first lease and I obviously don't want to get screwed.

Also, 50% seems like an awfully low residual. Am I wrong to think leasing a car that depreciates so much in the first 3 years is a bad idea? I really like the car but don't necessarily have my heart set on it. I also am considering a Mazda CX-5 or a Honda CR-V but neither of those cars have any manufacturer rebates like the $3250 Ford is offering.
    You can't look at the residual in a vacuum.

The CR-V has residual values north of 60% for 36 months, but the base MF is .00200 (converting the Ford APR to a MF gets you .00010).

Have you test driven any of these? A great deal on a lease is not so great when you don't like the car you picked.

We are seeing CR-V leases around $400/mo, so the presence of lease cash is negated by the low residual.

The MF, residual and incentives are all designed to get to a certain payment that the manufacturer believes will move inventory.

The residual on my Jetta is also around 50%, but since I don't plan to keep it after the lease, I don't much care.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Hey, 

Thanks!!
    0.25% APR and 50% residual $3750 lease cash (or, evidently $3500 in your region) Your quoted payment is about $395/mo before adding 10% tax. If the adjusted CAP cost was the same as your sale price, I get $335/mo.+tax How much is due at signing? Did they disclose the adjusted CAP cost? $940 isn't a very big dealer discount.
    Thanks for the fast reply! So it looks like I was mistaken and the lease cash is actually $3250, making the dealer discount slightly better. I confirmed that amount on Ford's website. They did not disclose the adjusted CAP cost but said if I took care of the first payment and DMV fees at signing and they come down "close to invoice" I'd be at $399/month after tax (which if I'm not mistaken is I believe 9% in PA?) Does something feel off with these numbers or am I just being paranoid? This will be my first lease and I obviously don't want to get screwed. Also, 50% seems like an awfully low residual. Am I wrong to think leasing a car that depreciates so much in the first 3 years is a bad idea? I really like the car but don't necessarily have my heart set on it. I also am considering a Mazda CX-5 or a Honda CR-V but neither of those cars have any manufacturer rebates like the $3250 Ford is offering.
    You can't look at the residual in a vacuum. The CR-V has residual values north of 60% for 36 months, but the base MF is .00200 (converting the Ford APR to a MF gets you .00010). Have you test driven any of these? A great deal on a lease is not so great when you don't like the car you picked. We are seeing CR-V leases around $400/mo, so the presence of lease cash is negated by the low residual. The MF, residual and incentives are all designed to get to a certain payment that the manufacturer believes will move inventory. The residual on my Jetta is also around 50%, but since I don't plan to keep it after the lease, I don't much care.

Okay that makes sense. Is the whole adjusting the MF something they've started doing recently? Because I read an article on here from 2013 that says residual value is the single most important factor to consider when leasing a car. Is that outdated advice? 

As far as the cars themselves, yes I did test drive the Escape, CRV, and CX-5 (as well as a few other brands) and ultimately narrowed it down to those three. I would be happy with any of them. So I guess it just comes down to which I can get the best deal on. Is $350/month unrealistic for something in this class? 

Thanks again!!
    Michaell said:

mjc_487 said:

kyfdx said:

mjc_487 said:

Hey, 

Thanks!!

The CR-V has residual values north of 60% for 36 months, but the base MF is .00200 (converting the Ford APR to a MF gets you .00010).

Have you test driven any of these? A great deal on a lease is not so great when you don't like the car you picked.

We are seeing CR-V leases around $400/mo, so the presence of lease cash is negated by the low residual.

The MF, residual and incentives are all designed to get to a certain payment that the manufacturer believes will move inventory.

The residual on my Jetta is also around 50%, but since I don't plan to keep it after the lease, I don't much care.

Okay that makes sense. Is the whole adjusting the MF something they've started doing recently? Because I read an article on here from 2013 that says residual value is the single most important factor to consider when leasing a car. Is that outdated advice? 

As far as the cars themselves, yes I did test drive the Escape, CRV, and CX-5 (as well as a few other brands) and ultimately narrowed it down to those three. I would be happy with any of them. So I guess it just comes down to which I can get the best deal on. Is $350/month unrealistic for something in this class? 

Thanks again!!
    mjc_487 said:

Michaell said:

mjc_487 said:

kyfdx said:

mjc_487 said:

Hey, 

Thanks!!

Thanks again!!
    Not exactly sure what you mean by "adjusting the MF" - banks have always set different MF for different models (and, in some cases, different trim levels), and dealers have always been able to mark up those base rates for extra profit.

Higher residuals are always better, all else being equal. But, nothing is equal - you have to factor in the MF, the discount from sticker, and any lease incentives to see the full picture.

$350/mo? Possible, depending on what trim level you are looking at.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• save1982save1982 Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2017
    Hey Michael! Can you provide me with the MF/RES and incentives on a 36/12k Titanium AWD in Nashville TN?
    save1982 said:

Hey Michael! Can you provide me with the MF/RES and incentives on a 36/12k Titanium AWD in Nashville TN?

49% and 1.00%

$2500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

mjc_487 said:

Michaell said:

mjc_487 said:

kyfdx said:

$350/mo? Possible, depending on what trim level you are looking at.
    AWD Titanium or a CX-5 Grand Touring with a similar MSRP of around $33k
  • e46_to_f30e46_to_f30 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, can I get the MF and Residual for a Titanium, 36/10, zip 60120? When you quote the MF, I see an APR....do I just divide by 2400 to get the traditional MF? Thanks!

Hi, can I get the MF and Residual for a Titanium, 36/10, zip 60120? When you quote the MF, I see an APR....do I just divide by 2400 to get the traditional MF? Thanks!

50% and .25%

$3750 lease cash

Yes, divide APR by 2400 to get the decimal value of the MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

0.25% APR = roughly .00011 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gemthinggemthing Member Posts: 2
    Hi! Could I get the MF/RES and incentives for an SE FWD in 22801 please? 36/10 lease. Thank you very much!
    gemthing said:

Hi! Could I get the MF/RES and incentives for an SE FWD in 22801 please? 36/10 lease. Thank you very much!

50% and 1.00%

$2500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vlad_vlad_ Member Posts: 17
    Hi, can I please get the MF/RES and incentives for 36/10.5 lease for Titanium AWD? I live in NC. Do they have any loyalty incentives? Thanks
    vlad_ said:

Hi, can I please get the MF/RES and incentives for 36/10.5 lease for Titanium AWD? I live in NC. Do they have any loyalty incentives? Thanks

1.00% APR and 50% residual
    $2500 lease cash

No info on loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• leasehoustonleasehouston Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Can I have the RV and MF for Escape Titanium 36 months 12k lease for Houston, TX? Also, any lease cash or incentives available in July. Thank you!