Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 VW Alltrack Lease Questions

1235»

Comments

• chiiiiiiichiiiiiii Member Posts: 2
    Hi, new here and new to leasing. Think I'm ready to head to the dealership. That being said, what's the current MF, residual, and lease offers for the SE/SEL in NYC/NJ area? 36/10 and 36/12. Thanks! The forum has been a great resource
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084
    chiiiiiii said:

Hi, new here and new to leasing. Think I'm ready to head to the dealership. That being said, what's the current MF, residual, and lease offers for the SE/SEL in NYC/NJ area? 36/10 and 36/12. Thanks! The forum has been a great resource

.00001 and 50% / 49%
    $1850 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• camaro4444camaro4444 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2018
    I'd like the MF and RV for 24 and 36 months at 10k miles in Massachusetts. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

I'd like the MF and RV for 24 and 36 months at 10k miles in Massachusetts. Thanks!

.00001 MF and 57%/50% residual
    $1850 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nola222nola222 Member Posts: 43
    Any change in numbers/lease cash for April?
    nola222 said:

Don't know if they are different.
    Which trim/term/mileage?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

nola222 said:

Which trim/term/mileage?
    3 year / 12 year on the 2017 SE Alltrack. Ive been working with several dealers in DFW area, most are now offering 10k off on the purchase, getting 6k off on the lease. So was wondering how different the incentives are between lease and purchase for these dealers, though understand that might not be published.

My rule/goal is always 1% of MSRP a month and even with the massive discount and low MF I cant get them there. I know the Residual is low but its clear VW does not want this car back in 3 years being the slow mover it is.

• brunemibrunemi Member Posts: 20
    Hello. Any lease deals in the 44313 area on an 2017 Alltrack S or SE, 3 year @12K? Thanks
    nola222 said:

kyfdx said:

nola222 said:

Which trim/term/mileage?
    3 year / 12 year on the 2017 SE Alltrack. Ive been working with several dealers in DFW area, most are now offering 10k off on the purchase, getting 6k off on the lease. So was wondering how different the incentives are between lease and purchase for these dealers, though understand that might not be published.

My rule/goal is always 1% of MSRP a month and even with the massive discount and low MF I cant get them there. I know the Residual is low but its clear VW does not want this car back in 3 years being the slow mover it is.

.00001 and 49%
    $2100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

brunemi said:

Hello. Any lease deals in the 44313 area on an 2017 Alltrack S or SE, 3 year @12K? Thanks

.00001 and 49%
    $2100 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• orangeblueskyorangebluesky Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2018
    Hello! 
    Please look at the deal to see if it is good!? 
    Anything I need to improve? 

any more discounts I should be getting... 
    Also it has 3,800 miles on it. It was a demo. Should this be factored in to the discount? 
    Thanks so much!!! 
    Hello! I am about to make a deal! 

Hello! 

any more discounts I should be getting... 
    Also it has 3,800 miles on it. It was a demo. Should this be factored in to the discount? 
    Thanks so much!!! 

I agree with the math on that worksheet.

I suspect the $8270 discount from sticker represents the demo miles; the residual is adjusted down to account for them.

Only way to improve on this deal is to get the selling price down. Not sure how much room you have to move on that, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks!!!! 
    They are willing to sell at 21k for finance, but they mention it’s different when they lease, it’s a different price. Is this true?  
    21k is for the 2017s they have on the lot. 
    Should I ask for a reduction? 

Thanks!!!! 
    They are willing to sell at 21k for finance, but they mention it’s different when they lease, it’s a different price. Is this true?  
    21k is for the 2017s they have on the lot. 
    Should I ask for a reduction? 

Yes.. VW often has different dealer incentives for lease vs. purchase.

We don't track pricing.
    But, under $300/mo. with 1st payment due at signing is a pretty good deal on that vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, this is an amazing deal! Thanks for your help!! 
    I did ask about the selling price, and their not really wanting to move. There are no other deals similarly priced as this. 
  • jrogers5jrogers5 Member Posts: 11
    Hi, do you have numbers for both 2018 Alltrack SE and SEL in NY/CT?

24/10, 24/12, 36/10, 36/12

Also, is there a difference in residual between manual and auto in the SE?

Thanks!
    jrogers5 said:

Thanks!

Transmission choice does not impact the numbers.

.00001 and 49% (36/12) or 56% (24/12)
    Add 1% for 10K
    $2100 lease cash
    All trim levels

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Also, is it possible to use any positive equity from my current leased car for the new lease? Or no? 

Also, is it possible to use any positive equity from my current leased car for the new lease? Or no? 

You can, but we don't recommend it. If you are trading it in, just have the dealer cut you a check for the equity.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Okay! They said that they are not planning to buy it. I would just walk away from it. I am trading my leased car for the new lease. They said it’s not a trade. How much would I actually get back? If I can ask them this. 

Okay! They said that they are not planning to buy it. I would just walk away from it. I am trading my leased car for the new lease. They said it’s not a trade. How much would I actually get back? If I can ask them this. 

If they won't buy the car, it's because you don't have any equity in it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

jrogers5 said:

Thanks!

Add 1% for 10K
    $2100 lease cash
    All trim levels
    Thanks for this. A dealer told me that the $2,100 lease cash only applied to remaining 2017 Alltracks, and that the lease case for 2018s was limited to $1,250. The same dealer also claims that the Alltrack "doesn't attract the same super low money factor as the Jetta or Passat because it's low production". Does any of this sound right? Seems awfully suspect...
    kyfdx said:
    They haven’t mentioned looking at it. They know my car is in premo condition as this is my 5th lease with them. I just want to make sure I’m not leaving anything on the table.:) 

jrogers5 said:

Michaell said:

jrogers5 said:

Thanks!

Add 1% for 10K
    $2100 lease cash
    All trim levels
    Thanks for this. A dealer told me that the $2,100 lease cash only applied to remaining 2017 Alltracks, and that the lease case for 2018s was limited to $1,250. The same dealer also claims that the Alltrack "doesn't attract the same super low money factor as the Jetta or Passat because it's low production". Does any of this sound right? Seems awfully suspect...
    Ah, I missed the fact that you asked for the 2018 numbers. This is the 2017 thread.

The 2018 thread can be found here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/50188/volkswagen/alltrack/2018-vw-alltrack-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kyfdx said:

They haven’t mentioned looking at it. They know my car is in premo condition as this is my 5th lease with them. I just want to make sure I’m not leaving anything on the table.:) 

Right, but most leases aren't structured to give you equity at the end. About 99% of the time, the market value of the vehicle is less than the residual or buyout value.

Doesn't matter how good of condition it is in, or how few miles it has.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks!!! Makes sense!!
    One last question: 
    Does a 48month lease lower the payment at all? The quote I have is for 36mth. Sometimes a 48 lowers it. 
    Michaell said:

jrogers5 said:

Michaell said:

jrogers5 said:

Thanks!

Add 1% for 10K
    $2100 lease cash
    All trim levels
    Ah, I missed the fact that you asked for the 2018 numbers. This is the 2017 thread.

The 2018 thread can be found here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/50188/volkswagen/alltrack/2018-vw-alltrack-lease-deals-and-prices#latest
    My mistake! Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks!!! Makes sense!!
    One last question: 
    Does a 48month lease lower the payment at all? The quote I have is for 36mth. Sometimes a 48 lowers it. 

The 48 month MF is .00051, and the 48/12 residual is 42%

The payment may be a bit lower, but there are other risks in having a longer lease:

1. You will be out of warranty
    2. You will likely have to address issues such as tires and brakes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Okay! Thanks!!! I appreciate it!! 
    I am not too worried as I always trade towards this middle to end of the lease. It usually works out. I too worry about those issues. I’m ending a 4 year lease now and my car is like brand new. 
    Update: so I wanted to inspect the paint of the car since it is black and has 3800 miles on it. 
    It does have a few needle size rock chips on the front, few surface scratches, the trunk has about a 6in  scratches on bottom near bumper. They don’t look too deep, but scratches, the paint does have some swirl markers on it from washing’s. 

What should I say to them? It’s new, but not new in the sense that I am getting it fresh. This car is still priced just like a new left over 17. I like this one, it has tan interior. The other black is black interior. But I am not sure I can handle the slight markings on the paint. Even if it is just a lease. It’s not factory new. Close, but not perfect. I’m a perfectionist to my cars tho. 

Update: so I wanted to inspect the paint of the car since it is black and has 3800 miles on it. 
    It does have a few needle size rock chips on the front, few surface scratches, the trunk has about a 6in  scratches on bottom near bumper. They don’t look too deep, but scratches, the paint does have some swirl markers on it from washing’s. 

What should I say to them? It’s new, but not new in the sense that I am getting it fresh. This car is still priced just like a new left over 17. I like this one, it has tan interior. The other black is black interior. But I am not sure I can handle the slight markings on the paint. Even if it is just a lease. It’s not factory new. Close, but not perfect. I’m a perfectionist to my cars tho. 

Only you can decide how much that "usage" is worth. The simple fact that it has 3800 miles on it should immediately make it cheaper than a new 2017 with, say, 50 miles on it.

Not that it is a direct comparison, but for new BMW we suggest that 7% off MSRP, before incentives, is a good target price. If it is a demo, we up that discount to 12-15%, again before incentives.

As inventory dwindles, however, the leverage does go back to the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the insight! I know they are not wanting to move on the sale price since the discounts are already very high.plus they mentioned the mileage not counting since it is a lease. It’ll start from the 3800. But, your right it does have more usage than a new car. They are all priced at 21k, this one should be lower. How low can they honestly go? I know you don’t know that, but I am going in tomorrow to finish the deal or get close to a deal. I may be willing to do it, if it means a dirt cheap lease, maybe! 

Thanks for the insight! I know they are not wanting to move on the sale price since the discounts are already very high.plus they mentioned the mileage not counting since it is a lease. It’ll start from the 3800. But, your right it does have more usage than a new car. They are all priced at 21k, this one should be lower. How low can they honestly go? I know you don’t know that, but I am going in tomorrow to finish the deal or get close to a deal. I may be willing to do it, if it means a dirt cheap lease, maybe! 

Best of luck! Keep us posted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Do you have May numbers for 3 year /12k year with what lease cash is avail? Ive been eyeing a '17 alltrack for a while now but have been a little far apart on numbers so hoping the dealer cash improves this month for leftovers.
    nola222 said:

Do you have May numbers for 3 year /12k year with what lease cash is avail? Ive been eyeing a '17 alltrack for a while now but have been a little far apart on numbers so hoping the dealer cash improves this month for leftovers.

.00001 MF and 48% residual

No lease cash that we see.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:
    I took the deal! It was too good to walk away. They are tinting my windows and addressing all of the cosmetic issues. So far I am really enjoying it. It wasn’t what I originally wanted, but it is different and fun!! Plus I’m getting a lot for the payment. Thanks!! 

Michaell said:

I took the deal! It was too good to walk away. They are tinting my windows and addressing all of the cosmetic issues. So far I am really enjoying it. It wasn’t what I originally wanted, but it is different and fun!! Plus I’m getting a lot for the payment. Thanks!! 

Congrats! That is a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

Congrats! I've always been a big wagon fan, and I drive a Jetta currently. Would be fun car to have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you! I have had the windows tinted. It’s black. 
    Also, this car is so much fun to drive. It is very torquey. DSG is amazing. My family was surprised when I laid into it. They’re  like wow!! I wanted the GLI, but this is comparable and feature packed too. Plus the glass roof is so cool. 

Thanks again!!