Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,662

Hey, let the man dream. Every enterrprise starts with dreaming about it first. p

I'm checking in. I've decided on the Nissan Sentra NISMO for my next car. It is going to be affordable enough for us to buy, the countdown has started, I just need to pick the right time to buy it. Simple as that. The base model S is not going to be enough car for me, perhaps for the Mrs. Not me. It is in the dream stage right now, as simple as that. Like shifty says, the man can dream, can't he?

The one in El Paso at the used car dealer is still there, it's been there for months, it's only got 6,800 miles on it. Silver in color. $17,975 - I would offer $16,000.
    Did you drive down and test drive it?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,539
    yeah, cell phones pretty much eliminated the need for a true landline phone for outage access.

I know Verizon is doing as much as possible to eliminate the old copper lines at this point.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,355

@roadburner,
    Did you have a scanner? That can make it a lot more interesting.
    I got one many years ago, but went to a race in the summer 2017.
    Bought a new battery and it was good to go after sitting for about 8 years.
    Found a frequency list from 2006 in my bag. Some teams still used the same frequency!
    My daughter came up with the idea of tying the car # to the frequency, so it was easy to get to who you want to listen to. Would have liked to hear what 48 and 78 teams were saying!

We've rented them before- didn't this time. Dale Jr. used to be hysterical to listen to; he told the crew exactly what he thought about other racers or NASCAR officials in no uncertain terms. My son says Bubba Wallace is a hoot to listen to now that Junior has retired.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,355

Just my opinion,
    Going forward, Nascar's big problem is that 'Stock' cars are becoming irrelevant.
    Looking back, too many 1.5 mile tracks that are too similar, ubiquitous 'car of tomorrow', television dictating too much, playoffs took away from the uniqueness of each race. I could go on.

I'll watch about any type of racing. I like NASCAR, Indycar, and F1. The sports car racing is a favorite as well. Always like to catch Daytona, Sebring, and LeMans.
    Early in my campaign a guy was putting on an event for all the candidates to attend. He got a bit miffed when I told him I couldn't make it because the Daytona 500 was on...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,875

venture said:

How old is it? We got a Whirlpool when I rebuilt the kitchen about a year and a half ago. I am wondering how much longer I have.

It's 2 years 8 months. I could not hear the compressor this morning so thought the worst. But this afternoon noticed the lower part of the freezer was cold but top warm, so apparently compressor was running but no evaporator fan was blowing the air over it and out to the rest.

I took out the shelves and found a diagram of parts on Whirlpool so I knew where the screws were. I took off the plastic air ducts at the top. Removed 4 screws on the metal plate over the evaporator at the back. It's not frozen like it would be from failed defroster coil or bad thermostat for the defroster. The evaporator fan is near the top. I can spin it and it doesn't make noise llike a bad bearing. I guess it just failed.

I can't get the "dang" metal cover off. Must have clips on the back or something. So I'll let the warranty repair take care of it. Otherwise I'd go buy a new blower motor at the parts place downtown.

Good luck with it. Keep us posted.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,875
    driver100 said:

ab348 said:

They really screwed up NASCAR---they killed the golden goose. Putting some people who weren't even race drivers (ahem!) in there for publicity didn't help either. Lots of sponsors are pullin out.

Absolutely. The decline is shockingly quick, too. The usual thing this season is to see entire grandstands empty and blocked off, with plenty of empty seats even in the ones that are still in use. I can't point at any one thing that killed it, but it was a lot more fun to watch 10-20 years ago.
    A lot of things are biting the dust these days. I was just reading how some high schools don't have enough interest to get a football team together. Golf is really fading, takes too long, too expensive, and young people aren't interested. Young people aren't that interested in cars and they really aren't interested in watching a car race. Young people want computers and cell phones......and that is it!
    Funny you would mention the lack of interest in football. A group of us were talking about that last night.

It seems the injuries are becoming more numerous and more severe at all levels.

The general opinion was that the athletes are getting so big, so fast, and so strong that the athletes may have outgrown the game.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

stickguy said:

farmer, do you have cable (what is it up there, time warner?) If so can do phone through them. Usually cheaper to bundle it all together anyway. Plus you must have internet through somebody.

I would be happy to switch to Fios, but VZ didn't wire my neighborhood even though they were in town. I think because we have underground utilities, and they did not want to bother.

I can get the phone bundled with cable and internet through Spectrum but I always wanted a land line seperate because if the cable went out I would always have phone service. But now with this lousy treatment by Verizon I might just go that route and keep my Trac phone as a backup.
    I have a theory....telephone companies don't want to promote land lines.....along with NASCAR land lines are going to become extinct. Why put up expensive telephone lines when most people are converting to cell phones? And young people don't even bother having a land line.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Hey, let the man dream. Every enterrprise starts with dreaming about it first. p

I'm checking in. I've decided on the Nissan Sentra NISMO for my next car. It is going to be affordable enough for us to buy, the countdown has started, I just need to pick the right time to buy it. Simple as that. The base model S is not going to be enough car for me, perhaps for the Mrs. Not me. It is in the dream stage right now, as simple as that. Like shifty says, the man can dream, can't he?

The one in El Paso at the used car dealer is still there, it's been there for months, it's only got 6,800 miles on it. Silver in color. $17,975 - I would offer $16,000.
    Did you drive down and test drive it?
    Don't ask! :(

venture said:

venture said:

How old is it? We got a Whirlpool when I rebuilt the kitchen about a year and a half ago. I am wondering how much longer I have.

It's 2 years 8 months. I could not hear the compressor this morning so thought the worst. But this afternoon noticed the lower part of the freezer was cold but top warm, so apparently compressor was running but no evaporator fan was blowing the air over it and out to the rest.

I took out the shelves and found a diagram of parts on Whirlpool so I knew where the screws were. I took off the plastic air ducts at the top. Removed 4 screws on the metal plate over the evaporator at the back. It's not frozen like it would be from failed defroster coil or bad thermostat for the defroster. The evaporator fan is near the top. I can spin it and it doesn't make noise llike a bad bearing. I guess it just failed.

I can't get the "dang" metal cover off. Must have clips on the back or something. So I'll let the warranty repair take care of it. Otherwise I'd go buy a new blower motor at the parts place downtown.

Good luck with it. Keep us posted.
    Yes Imid....tell us how the fridge repair goes....might need a new one one day and I am curious how Whirlpool treats its customers and how their products hold up. Our Florida fridge is about 12 years old...a Whirlpool that seems OK. I hate putting in new filter cartridges, get on the floor and try to pry the old one loose to try and screw it out....with water all over the floor. If they can get a man to the moon how come they can't make a filter that you can get at easily?

venture said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

They really screwed up NASCAR---they killed the golden goose. Putting some people who weren't even race drivers (ahem!) in there for publicity didn't help either. Lots of sponsors are pullin out.

Absolutely. The decline is shockingly quick, too. The usual thing this season is to see entire grandstands empty and blocked off, with plenty of empty seats even in the ones that are still in use. I can't point at any one thing that killed it, but it was a lot more fun to watch 10-20 years ago.
    A lot of things are biting the dust these days. I was just reading how some high schools don't have enough interest to get a football team together. Golf is really fading, takes too long, too expensive, and young people aren't interested. Young people aren't that interested in cars and they really aren't interested in watching a car race. Young people want computers and cell phones......and that is it!
    Funny you would mention the lack of interest in football. A group of us were talking about that last night.

The general opinion was that the athletes are getting so big, so fast, and so strong that the athletes may have outgrown the game.
    I am 71 and am still playing tennis. All my high school friends who played high school football can't move much any more....bad knees and all kinds of back problems. "Real" football and hockey must be extremely hard on the body. Also, getting knocked around like that is hard on the brain as well....as they are finding out. If I was a young person I would consider that before considering the sport a career. Though, if you are good I guess you go for it anyway - short term fame, glory and money, worry about old age after.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,983
    Though I'm not a hard core race fan, or sports fan for that matter, I do enjoy watching the occasional race/game. Improvement in video and sound (large screen UHD TVs and sound bars) certainly add to the experience, but nothing compares to watching an auto race than being there. The rush of speed, smell, sound can't be duplicated by watching TV.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited October 2018
    driver100 said:

I hate putting in new filter cartridges, get on the floor and try to pry the old one loose to try and screw it out....with water all over the floor. If they can get a man to the moon how come they can't make a filter that you can get at easily?

This fridge, a side-by-side, and the Maytag (Whirlpool) we had earlier both had filters up top in refrigerator compartment. This one is flip up front door, twist cartridge 1/8 turn and it's loose, then reverse to install new one.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    driver100 said:

venture said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

I am 71 and am still playing tennis. All my high school friends who played high school football can't move much any more....bad knees and all kinds of back problems. "Real" football and hockey must be extremely hard on the body. Also, getting knocked around like that is hard on the brain as well....as they are finding out. If I was a young person I would consider that before considering the sport a career. Though, if you are good I guess you go for it anyway - short term fame, glory and money, worry about old age after.
    Good for you!

My late Father stayed active until his mid-80s. His one rule, never get used to sitting around the house doing nothing. He didn’t. He volunteered. He was in a Bocce League (yes, they exist). He gardened. Plus, he drank a shot of whiskey and chased it with a beer, every day. He swore by that regimen.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,164
    I think NASCAR must have been more exciting 25-30 years ago. I remember my dad was into it, and it was mildly interesting to me, but for some reason today, I can't do it. Even the crashes don't get me going. I like WRC, DTM, and MotoGP though, and F1 is sometimes tolerable, but I don't follow any too ardently.

Little doubt sports injuries will become more of a topic as players are bigger and stronger. The promise of money will keep it going, too, for many, that's their shot at having anything. There's a risk for all - I was involved with hockey at a fun level, and have intermittent back and knee issues I suspect are related to some nastier hits/falls.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    stickguy said:
    yeah, cell phones pretty much eliminated the need for a true landline phone for outage access. I know Verizon is doing as much as possible to eliminate the old copper lines at this point.
    My condo association just voted to eliminate the requirement of a landline for security purposes.  Effective 11/2/18, “goodbye ATT”!  That’s a savings of $43 a month and I didn’t even have long distance access.  Plus, my scam robo-calls will go down 95%.  Yeah!  B)

2021 Genesis G90

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I thought you needed a land line for high speed internet. No?
    Not if you got cable. Just DSL

bwia said:
    No, bwia.  I have Xfinity by Comcast which is cable.  I get my HDTV, WiFi and “blast” internet (125+ mbs) through them.  ATT is my landline phone until 11/2/18.  Interestingly enough, ATT just finished hardwiring all condo units in our condo development (5000+ apts) and is trying to sign up unit owners with incentives.  I pay Comcast $95 a month for blast Internet, HDTV expanded channel pkg, WiFi, HBO, STARZ, EPIX, and Netflix.  ATT can’t come close to that price and cannot guarantee more than 50 mbs fast speeds on my internet.

So I am happy with what I have.

2021 Genesis G90

edited October 2018
    The “snowbirds” are starting to return to their winter habitats (here in Florida) now that we have entered the month of October.  It is still outrageously hot and humid down here - highs in the upper 80’s and low 90’s with 70%+ humidity.  Another 3-4 weeks of this and we will get our winter respite from the heat.

The tell-tale traffic jams are proof enough that northerners are arriving here in droves.

@driver100 usually starts his trek southward close to Thanksgiving IIRC.  I am just bracing myself for the onslaught.  :o

2021 Genesis G90

I had lunch with a friend/colleague yesterday. He has a 3 year old 370Z that has a lease which is expiring. He said he wouldn’t mind replacing it with a Nismo. But, he said he can’t find another new Z anywhere in the city, let alone a Nismo. He was wondering if Nissan is getting ready to either dump the model or replace it with something totally new.

Gotta admit, his looked a whole lot like the one I was shopping for in 2004. I know they updated the engine (3.5 to 3.7). Aside from that, not many changes over the last 14-15 years from what I could tell.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited October 2018
    I won't buy a base Nissan Sentra. I'll consider a Nissan Sentra SR Turbo, they have several extras and a sunroof. But the Nissan Sentra NISMO has the plush, thick seats, plus all of the cool NISMO bits and pieces everywhere. Nissan does a great job with the small spoiler on the NISMO, too.

I can't see myself buying any other rig now. This is a picture of the rig in El Paso. 

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,918
    abacomike said:

bwia said:

No, bwia.  I have Xfinity by Comcast which is cable.  I get my HDTV, WiFi and “blast” internet (125+ mbs) through them.  ATT is my landline phone until 11/2/18.  Interestingly enough, ATT just finished hardwiring all condo units in our condo development (5000+ apts) and is trying to sign up unit owners with incentives.  I pay Comcast $95 a month for blast Internet, HDTV expanded channel pkg, WiFi, HBO, STARZ, EPIX, and Netflix.  ATT can’t come close to that price and cannot guarantee more than 50 mbs fast speeds on my internet.

$95??? Holy cow, that is less than half of what the package I have here in NJ costs. How long of a promo is that?

Does Comcast do region specific pricing?

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited October 2018
    I have FIOS, 50Mbs upload/download speed. With voice and internet it costs $89.95 a month.

On the other hand we have Comcast at $110 a month. My wife likes Comcast and I like FIOS and so by default we pay dearly for our stubbornness. 

On top of that we have Consumer Cellular for cellphone service at $40 a month. Even more painful is the outrageous cost of $0.59 per minute for international phone calls. I use WhatsApp for such calls but the recipient must have Wifi, which most don't have.

Yes, I have considered a long distance plan but Verizon and Consumer Cellular plans are not competitive. Moreover, third party plans do not work on the Verizon (FIOS) network.

driver100 said:

I hate putting in new filter cartridges, get on the floor and try to pry the old one loose to try and screw it out....with water all over the floor. If they can get a man to the moon how come they can't make a filter that you can get at easily?

This fridge, a side-by-side, and the Maytag (Whirlpool) we had earlier both had filters up top in refrigerator compartment. This one is flip up front door, twist cartridge 1/8 turn and it's loose, then reverse to install new one.

Exactly the same as our Kenmore (LG) is.

edited October 2018
    Delete 

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    venture said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

The rules have changed the game. Football now is about aerial warfare. The idea of a "defense" is becoming antiquated.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    We have Frontier FIOS (it was spun off from Verizon up here years ago). We pay $119/month for 150/150 internet, 1 DVR and 1 HD box, and their top tier TV package including all the premiums. No contract, but rate locked until 2019.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941

I had lunch with a friend/colleague yesterday. He has a 3 year old 370Z that has a lease which is expiring. He said he wouldn’t mind replacing it with a Nismo. But, he said he can’t find another new Z anywhere in the city, let alone a Nismo. He was wondering if Nissan is getting ready to either dump the model or replace it with something totally new.

Gotta admit, his looked a whole lot like the one I was shopping for in 2004. I know they updated the engine (3.5 to 3.7). Aside from that, not many changes over the last 14-15 years from what I could tell.

overall shape is the same, but the details are quite different. I actually prefer the old look of the 350.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

For those having login issues I put this together in another thread. Should be last post on this page and then a followup one page further with images

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/13973/general/x/road-trip/p83

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    I have ATT fiber internet, full 1 gig up and down, no caps. Which costs me $100 per month (plus a few misc fees), just for the internet, but I do love this connection. I remember paying $250 a month for an ISDN line, back around 2000. So yes, we have come a long way, and I love it. I combine this with a DirecTV account with pretty much all of the extra channels, HD, a DVR, multiple outlets (3), and the whole thing costs me $214 per month.

But no phone service in that, although ATT keeps trying to sell me phone and cell service. I am very happy with my T-Mobile cell service, purchased through MintSIM for $180 per year.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    edited October 2018
    tjc78 said:
    bwia said:

$95??? Holy cow, that is less than half of what the package I have here in NJ costs. How long of a promo is that? Does Comcast do region specific pricing?
    I think it renews every 12 months.  So next May, I will call them and sign up at their lowest price for another 12 months.  The Comcast account has been active since 1990 - when it was first installed when the condo was built.  The account is 29 years old so I become eligible for their best rate each year.

One other thing - 32 dollars is part of my HOA fee each month which has been the same for 29 years.  So I am actually paying $127 a month tax and fees included.

2021 Genesis G90

Stopped off at Costco for gas this morning.  $3.04.9 a gallon for PUG.  That’s 40 cents a gallon less than any other TopTier PUG within 6 miles of where I live.  That is a significant delta.  Costco was at $299.9 a gallon for PUG on Monday.  Prices are sure going up fast.

2021 Genesis G90

qbrozen said:

overall shape is the same, but the details are quite different. I actually prefer the old look of the 350.

Q...I always liked the 350Z. You owned one, right?

I can see how the exterior has changed now that I see them in your pics. Interior is pretty much the same from 2004, however.

I remember shopping them when they first came out. Dealer wouldn't budge from his ADM (IIRC, somewhere around MSRP + $3K). Told him I wasn't interested. I ended up with the '04 RX8. Nissan dealer called the day after I bought the Mazda and said he'd "come down to MSRP". Told him to never call me again.

I owned a 280Z....more of a boulevard cruiser with a tinge of sport. Fun car, though. Thought the 350Z got it back to the original concept of the Z Car. Driven different examples over the years. Shame that they aren't more readily marketed, and seem to be on their way out.
    edited October 2018
    Having lived for a while in Indianapolis, and been relatively close to Indy a good portion of my life, I'm more of an Indy Race fan.

But, a few years ago while on a business trip I was offered a tour of Daytona Speedway, and allowed a few laps in a NASCAR set up. Had to do some training and have a certified driver next to me, but the fastest I've ever gone on 4 wheels came in that car. Probably the biggest automotive thrill of my life

IMG_0201

P4300023
    That looks like fun. And I bet that Camry truly was grounded to the ground!

abacomike said:

Stopped off at Costco for gas this morning.  $3.04.9 a gallon for PUG.  That’s 40 cents a gallon less than any other TopTier PUG within 6 miles of where I live.  That is a significant delta.  Costco was at $299.9 a gallon for PUG on Monday.  Prices are sure going up fast.

Even worse in jersey. Monday they raised the gas tax a nickel too.

I drove past Costco last Sunday. Big lines at the pumps. I’m not waiting 20 minutes or more for gas. Not that I really have anything better to do! And unless we finally sell the house and move near it, I won’t be a member either.

stickguy said:

That looks like fun. And I bet that Camry truly was grounded to the ground!

It was fun. It wasn't like any Camry I had ever driven before.
    edited October 2018
    Refrigerator update. Serviceman just left. It's hard to type through the tears. Just missed 3 pm order time for overnight shipping for parts today. Needs blower motor AND a circuit board. Not in stock locally. Likely won't ship until tomorrow 3 pm overnight. Arriving Friday. He'll put in MONDAY!!!!

That's a long time.

He tried to make me feel better by saying that they are able to get parts really fast from Whirlpool/Maytag/KitchenAide. Other brands are taking WEEKS to get parts. I said I'd heard some bad reports on Samsung. He just smiled.

Doesn't make me feel better.

Maybe I should start a GoFundMe help fund to make me feel better. It works for some people. I haven't been this discouraged since the custodian at my wife's school pulled out of parking space next to our bright red shiny leSabre in 2003 and sideswiped the front bumper rubbing it badly.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Just heard a news item saying that 27% of truck owners have named their truck. So, do you give your vehicles names? We always referred to our '66 Newport as the Jolly Green Giant, but other than that, I haven't had even a nickname for my cars or trucks.
    My kids, on the other hand, both (until recently) had blue Nissan Versa hatchbacks which they referred to as VB1 and VB2 :)
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    I had lunch with a friend/colleague yesterday. He has a 3 year old 370Z that has a lease which is expiring. He said he wouldn’t mind replacing it with a Nismo. But, he said he can’t find another new Z anywhere in the city, let alone a Nismo. He was wondering if Nissan is getting ready to either dump the model or replace it with something totally new. Gotta admit, his looked a whole lot like the one I was shopping for in 2004. I know they updated the engine (3.5 to 3.7). Aside from that, not many changes over the last 14-15 years from what I could tell.
    Q...I always liked the 350Z. You owned one, right? I can see how the exterior has changed now that I see them in your pics. Interior is pretty much the same from 2004, however. I remember shopping them when they first came out. Dealer wouldn't budge from his ADM (IIRC, somewhere around MSRP + $3K). Told him I wasn't interested. I ended up with the '04 RX8. Nissan dealer called the day after I bought the Mazda and said he'd "come down to MSRP". Told him to never call me again. I owned a 280Z....more of a boulevard cruiser with a tinge of sport. Fun car, though. Thought the 350Z got it back to the original concept of the Z Car. Driven different examples over the years. Shame that they aren't more readily marketed, and seem to be on their way out.
    Yeah I had an '05 briefly. Really liked it.
    Then had an '85 300z toy for a stint. Nice enough car, but far from fast.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

My daughter names cars. The Volvo was Roberto (no clue why). her first Jetta was Jimmy, and current one is JJ (Jimmy Jr.). She named my Hyundais (sammy Sonata and Ellie Elantra). The Acura is the Mo Mobile.

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited October 2018
    @imidazol97, that sounds unacceptable for a frig. to be out of action that long. I understand Whirlpool makes Maytag, Kitchenaid, and some Kenmore refrigerators.

Just bought a new frig., an LG. From what I heard about Samsung frig.’s, I hope LG is better than the Samsungs. Funny, when I asked about Samsung, the person at the store just smiled and said, “Samsung makes good TVs”.

I think most electronics and appliances today are no longer made to last. It’s unfortunate.
    PF_Flyer said:

Just heard a news item saying that 27% of truck owners have named their truck. So, do you give your vehicles names? We always referred to our '66 Newport as the Jolly Green Giant, but other than that, I haven't had even a nickname for my cars or trucks.
    My kids, on the other hand, both (until recently) had blue Nissan Versa hatchbacks which they referred to as VB1 and VB2 :)

Only car I've ever owned that was nick named was the 79 Lincoln Continental Coupe I had. My friends all called it the "Blue Beast"

@stickguy my wife called her first Elantra Ellie for a little while but it never lasted.

Repairman was unsure if the motor went bad and affected the circuit board or if the circuit board went bad. So he's replacing both.

I wish you good luck on your refrigerator. I hope you have a spare fridge in the garage if it ever goes out.

Now I know why the Lowes warranty service folks said I could rent a refrigerator and they would pay for it until this one is back in service. I pictured 2-3 days. How do you rent a refrigerator?

They also said they would pay for a food locker if I took our food there to store until ours was back in service.

And they will pay for food that we document that spoiled. Some we're going to claim; much was produce that was perishable anyhow.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793

It'll just take an hour and a half drive and a pretty quick test drive to get this done. I have to decide on the timing. It'll never be the right time for the Mrs. - she thinks on a much different plane of thinking regarding cars that I do, though.

Fantastic! GO BUY IT, iluv!!!!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250

Dealer retail in my area is $20,400. CPO is $21k. $16k would be a real agressive opening.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

qbrozen said:

The Z has improved somewhat. In 2008 it boasted only about 25 more hp than my lowly Eclipse (289 vs 263) but last time I checked it was well over 300 hp. Ican only assume they improved the ride, which in 2008 was like being dragged over rocks in a bag.

stickguy said:

abacomike said:

Even worse in jersey. Monday they raised the gas tax a nickel too.

I drove past Costco last Sunday. Big lines at the pumps. I’m not waiting 20 minutes or more for gas. Not that I really have anything better to do! And unless we finally sell the house and move near it, I won’t be a member either.
    I got no name RUG for $2.70 on Sunday and similar PUG for $3.09 yesterday. Relatively cheap but yeah, prices going up.

In other news, the sand pounding has begun after Verizon failed to return my call about why they tried to slip fiber optics on me without asking me first. Called the cable company and told them to bundle phone with my existing sevice. No rewiring or new lines required and $10 a month cheaper. Even get to keep my phone number.

I miss the days when AT&T ran the show and the phone cost $7 a month. In a pinch you could hammer nails with the equipment too.

PF_Flyer said:

The previous owner of my cargo van called it "Louise" but I call it Peter Owen Stanley or POS for short. I do refer to the Mustang as "baby".

stickguy said:
    My daughter names cars. The Volvo was Roberto (no clue why). her first Jetta was Jimmy, and current one is JJ (Jimmy Jr.). She named my Hyundais (sammy Sonata and Ellie Elantra). The Acura is the Mo Mobile.
    I name my cars too - ”IT”!  Like wash “it” carefully; drive “it” cautiously; use real wax on “it”; where is “it”?  :D

2021 Genesis G90