Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,194
    Audi Q8. Great proportions vs the Q7. I can see why it’s popular.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    Saw another E wagon on the highway this morning. I tried to catch up for maybe some brotherhood recognition, but I had to exit.

I've also seen a ton of the big boy Subaru lately.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    a new RAV4. In Cab service in NYC.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I've seen a couple Ford Ecosport lately, more than I have seen before. Those small SWB CUVs still don't look right to me, like they are intended for a less developed market. Then again, given some socio-economics, maybe that's good planning.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    fintail said:

I've seen a couple Ford Ecosport lately, more than I have seen before. Those small SWB CUVs still don't look right to me, like they are intended for a less developed market. Then again, given some socio-economics, maybe that's good planning.

Weren't they originally for India?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I think you may be correct, it has that or a China look to it.
    Michaell said:

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,216
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

I’m pretty sure they originated in India.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,194
    The slowest car that C&D tested last year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    edited June 2019
    Ecosport made in India.
    Saw a Titan XD.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    Toyota Mirai. Burgundy color.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194

I like Chevys, lifelong thing the way other people like a sports team, and have had good service with them, but I just can't like the new Blazer. I think "Nissan" when I look at one, with the quarter panel kick-up. Made in Mexico, too.

RE.: Your wife being a 'brand snob'; I am too, but a reverse-brand snob, LOL. I'm proud that the most I ever paid for a new vehicle was $24K and that was our '05 Uplander van. Our '19 Equinox LT was two grand below that. And I think that's too much money, LOL.

Another Chevy I just can't like : Camaro. I've tried. I don't.

On the other hand, I very-much like the C7 Corvette in base trim. A good buy too in that class I think.

I read they take their last C7 orders on June 23.

I agree that the Camaro is ugly and the Corvette is gorgeous.
  • tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    A BMW 228i. Looked older, like a 5-10 yo 3-series. Was this a 3 series with a smaller engine from overseas? Or a different series?
    My next door neighbor brought home a new A220 sedan.
    sat in the passenger seat to check it out a bit, seems nice.
    It's red, but almost exactly the same color as the 10 year old 3 series she sold, kind of amazing.
    I told her Mercedes really wanted her to buy one of their cars, so they made one in her color. :)
    I liked that car when we saw it at the car show.

Saw a new style G-Wagen on the road today, and yet another new Corolla.

A red Civic Type R shined up to beat the band. Man, that wing is big.
    I’ve seen a couple new corollas. And a few altimas. Was expecting more of them, but might just not notice them.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    The other day in a parking lot I walked behind a new Camry - I think it was the top-line model, the XSE. White with a black roof IIRC. But since I went behind it I got to see those black things hanging down from the taillights.

I was surprised to see they are apparently black plastic fake slit vents. They have louvers of a sort molded into them. Once again I am reminded of Nancy Kerrigan: "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" :'(

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Sporty!

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    Over styling at it's finest.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

The new Camry does have a sporty design, but those fake vents and taillight corners that look like the red broke off diminish the look.
    I was in Japan again two weeks ago and saw a number of US Camrys being used for taxi service. Mostly hybrids, but still a big car in Japan. I was a little surprised.

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Those aren't plastic slit vents, they are tears of joy B)
    Saw a Karma Revero on the road today, appeared to be an almost 50s looking pale blue color.
    Video of new Explorer being assembled, about 5-6 minutes long.
    https://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/67366-2020-explorer-production-video/
    My neighbor who bought the red A220, is now driving a black CLA
    After 5 days, SRS and service required popped up.
    So now waiting of some part.

My neighbor who bought the red A220, is now driving a black CLA
    After 5 days, SRS and service required popped up.
    So now waiting of some part.

Have them call @driver100 and he can explain the many advantages to owning a Benz. That should make them feel much better. :D
    .... pass the popcorn. This is gonna be good

First year model might have a quirk here and there, breaking news?

I am surprised at the very few A sedans I have seen on the road. But maybe not, given the CUV craze still in high gear.
    Sedans just don’t sell.

I was having a conversation with a guy at work about this the other day. If you want an SUV you have tons of choices, sedans are much more limited.

At least they are discounted well.

• motoentmotoent Member Posts: 8
    Yeah, same problem abroad. In Germany, it's station wagon central. They had to invent the four-door "coupe"--like the Mercedes CLS or BMW gran coupe--to get people to buy a four-door car with a trunk again, just as long as it's not called a sedan.

Of course, you can combine the two concepts and then you end up with the "shooting brake," which brings me to my spot ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2d9Kn5iqlI
    I think trunkback sedans have an old people stigma in some places - I know in Germany, an E sedan is considered a "Rentnertraum" - pensioner's dream. Traditional sedans seem to carry the best lease deals on this side of the pond, anyway.

Wagons have an even worse image in the US, BMW dropped the 5er wagon for NA a decade ago, and E wagons make up a whopping 4% of E sales. I drivee an E wagon, and more than one co-worker gave me a funny look when I told them about it - they all wanted me to get some kind of SUV. No surprise, the ones I even kind of like, I can't afford.

Cool video, makes me want to go back to Germany asap. Lane discipline, such a weird concept.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Audi won't even bring the RS4 Avant (wagon) to us in the USA :(
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    MB won'y give us a C wagon of any flavor - and the killer is they are sold in Canada.
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,466
    fintail said:

MB won'y give us a C wagon of any flavor - and the killer is they are sold in Canada.

I was an adolescent during a period when the fashion among young men was pants so tight that going downstairs could ultimately substitute for a vasectomy. It's amazing what people will do or not do in the name of looking good.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

A220 is the new Canadian, now Airbus jet Delta just started flying. Even though smaller than a B737, Boeing tried to claim it was unfair competition.
    Gotta keep those sweet GLA/GLC profit margins. I am quite surprised we get the A trunkback sedan.

Canada also gets the E53 wagon. I like the I6, but I am not sold on the sport trim and suspension, I prefer the lux trim on my car.

Got behind a C63S coupe in traffic while in the fintail today. Talk about extremes. Also several new Corollas, all rentals. Lots of festivals etc in this region for the week, so we are loaded up with tourists. Tons of Altima rentals, too.

bhill2 said:

I was an adolescent during a period when the fashion among young men was pants so tight that going downstairs could ultimately substitute for a vasectomy. It's amazing what people will do or not do in the name of looking good.

Had a few minutes to pass today, stopped by MB, Porsche, BMW, and Audi lots (they are all within a couple miles here). MB highlights were a white on white S560 cabrio ($156K), white AMG GT 4 door coupe ($162K),
    unusually lightly equipped S560 coupe that I think was around $130K (not showing up in inventory) and an assortment of usual cars - no wagons on site. Porsche appeared to have received a full day's production of Macan - every color and variety stacked like firewood around the lot, barely room to move. Audi had a similar volume of Q5 to the point where parking was hard to find. BMW had a couple of new M340 sedans in the $60-65K range, a M3 CS for something like $120K, X7 at $110K.
    Saw a goodie at the grocery store today. E400 wagon, 17-18 model. Grey, lux trim like mine, 18" wheels (mine are 19"), but apparent full load otherwise, I could see it had distronic and HUD, and the big deal, a Designo interior. Someone paid up for that baby when new, probably around 90K.
    ...and are still paying for it with the dollars in depreciation B)
    Those who actually buy one can afford it B)

IIRC E wagon buyers have been the wealthiest MB customer demographic for some time. I came along to lower the numbers a little :)
    Personally, I think MB wagons look better than their SUV/CUV companions. The wagon has a sleekness to it.
    I won't disagree. Although I like G-Wagens for what they are, I think the best looking normal MB SUV/CUV is the GLC - and it resembles a lifted C wagon. I am still irked that the hardworking MBA braintrust at MBUSA doesn't offer the C wagon here, but I suppose the profit margins are larger on the bloatlings.
    Silver MB EQC while in Amsterdam. The new electric one. GLC sized. Not the prettiest face.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    On my drive home from picking up my daughter near Atlanta, a very nice black with black vinyl top, tear drop factory alloys with correct whitewalls, a 93 Cadillac Fleetwood fwd. It had N.C. plates and was keeping up with the 75 mph traffic. It was 90 degrees out, ac must have been working, windows were closed and the driver looked relaxed and enjoying the drive.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

On the road today new Mazda 3 super blind spot edition, and at the visitor parking area at work, an E450 cabrio in dark blue on white with a white steering wheel.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    I was stunned when I saw pics of that Mazda, and not in a good way.
    at Lowe's, a Corolla hatch with temp tags. Actually not too bad looking, but I only saw it from the rear and side!

Most Toyota’s look ok....until you see the front.

They are “butta-faces”

Maybe the Corolla was a west coast launch, seeing numerous sedans on the road now, lots of rentals. Also saw a hatch model today.