Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,560
    sb55 said:

I heard that Costco will have "senior" hours at 8:00 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. From what I read, everyone going in has to be a senior, so no younger guests or even spouse with you. I might try it on Tuesday. My wife wants to bake and we couldn't find flour at the grocery store. If Costco has it, we should end up with enough to last for a while!
    The latest wrinkle in this strange time is that they don't want you to bring your own bags to the store. And Vermont was going to ban single use bags beginning in July. I wonder if that law will now get changed?

Our local Walmart has brought back plastic bags even though they were outlawed in NY on March 1st.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860

sb55 said:

I heard that Costco will have "senior" hours at 8:00 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. From what I read, everyone going in has to be a senior, so no younger guests or even spouse with you. I might try it on Tuesday. My wife wants to bake and we couldn't find flour at the grocery store. If Costco has it, we should end up with enough to last for a while!
    The latest wrinkle in this strange time is that they don't want you to bring your own bags to the store. And Vermont was going to ban single use bags beginning in July. I wonder if that law will now get changed?

Our local Walmart has brought back plastic bags even though they were outlawed in NY on March 1st.
    My wife was picking up a few things this morning at the grocery store and they didn't like her cloth bags either. She was allowed to use them, but she had to bag her items herself. She said she won't take her own bags any more...for as long as it takes.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

local chain dealer is offering 20% off on service to health care workers. Their showroom is closed but they don’t make it clear if they are still selling cars. I wonder if you knew what unit you wanted if they would deliver it to you.

Spent the day doing yard work and got a rude reminder that I’m not a kid any more.

From everything I've heard, you can buy, just not from the showroom. Look at their stock, tell them what you want to test drive and they'll bring it to your house. That starts the process. I would imagine the F&I would go pretty fast too. If they start the heavy handed stuff, just let your German Sheppard out of the basement.

jmonroe
    Why buy a new car right now...you can't really go anywhere? You can't even show it to your friends - they can't get close enough to look at it. Taking a trip is not any fun. Your warranty clock is ticking, and your car is sitting in your driveway. :@
    Oh that's right. I forgot about the holy warranty clock ticking away. That's something only a DIYer would overlook. I'll do my best not to pass on bum dope in the future about when to buy a new car, regardless of a possible inventory glut on dealers lots.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

jmonroe
    I’m betting that the discounts you could get on a new car now would more than pay for an extended warranty.

You can always take your car out for a joy ride. Go tour the mountains by yourself. I’m thinking of doing a three state tour just to find the cheapest gas.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    venture said:

sb55 said:

I was on a long line at 7:45 this morning at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He returned and tried to cut in again, but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."
    Sounds like an experience I would be involved in at my local grocery chain store. Seniors are very possessive of their rights and will fight to preserve them. Even when seniors are "wrong" they'll claim they were right.

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

venture said:

sb55 said:

I was on a long line at 7:45 this morning at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He returned and tried to cut in again, but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If you don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."
    Sounds like an experience I would be involved in at my local grocery chain store. Seniors are very possessive of their rights and will fight to preserve them. Even when seniors are "wrong" they'll claim they were right.
    I saw that joke on Facebook and thought of you immediately. :smile:

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    edited March 2020
    jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

local chain dealer is offering 20% off on service to health care workers. Their showroom is closed but they don’t make it clear if they are still selling cars. I wonder if you knew what unit you wanted if they would deliver it to you.

Spent the day doing yard work and got a rude reminder that I’m not a kid any more.

From everything I've heard, you can buy, just not from the showroom. Look at their stock, tell them what you want to test drive and they'll bring it to your house. That starts the process. I would imagine the F&I would go pretty fast too. If they start the heavy handed stuff, just let your German Sheppard out of the basement.

jmonroe
    Why buy a new car right now...you can't really go anywhere? You can't even show it to your friends - they can't get close enough to look at it. Taking a trip is not any fun. Your warranty clock is ticking, and your car is sitting in your driveway. :@
    Oh that's right. I forgot about the holy warranty clock ticking away. That's something only a DIYer would overlook. I'll do my best not to pass on bum dope in the future about when to buy a new car, regardless of a possible inventory glut on dealers lots.

jmonroe
    See, you need my sage advice. :p

(btw, sage means smart) :p

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

venture said:

sb55 said:

Yeh, I had to check to see if it was Mike writing about this story...it sounded like something that would happen to him......except somehow he would have got hit by the flying cane.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    We did the same thing as @stickguy last night. We ordered from a local bar we frequent. They have been running specials. Credit card with tip and the guy brought it to our doorstep. Knocked and went on his way.

I prefer to tip the driver in cash, but this was their request.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

jmonroe

jmonroe
    I’m betting that the discounts you could get on a new car now would more than pay for an extended warranty.

You can always take your car out for a joy ride. Go tour the mountains by yourself. I’m thinking of doing a three state tour just to find the cheapest gas.
    Don't forget to wear gloves or wipe the handle of the gas pump after you use it. Kind of adds so much to the driving experience. And, these days, never used to happen, they deduct depreciation on a monthly basis, so while you are driving your car about 50 miles a month for the next 3 months...your new car has depreciated a few $1000s.

tjc78 said:

We did the same thing as @stickguy last night. We ordered from a local bar we frequent. They have been running specials. Credit card with tip and the guy brought it to our doorstep. Knocked and went on his way.

I prefer to tip the driver in cash, but this was their request.

I'm even staying away from cash as much as possible. I never used a debit or credit card for small purchases, but now I do. I bought some lottery tickets for Mrs. Venture yesterday and put the $4 on a credit card.

Someone asked me how we were going to celebrate coming off self isolation...which we have been doing for 2 weeks since returning from a trip - from Florida. I thought about it and there isn't much to change, more self isolation. Then I thought maybe we should order a dinner from a restaurant to celebrate, then I thought, the main advantage of a restaurant is that you get to go out and have a different place to go to - we can make better meals at home. I can't get too excited about having restaurant food at home. :(

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    As I look out of my balcony toward the Caribbean sea, not one fishing boat, pleasure vessel, or sailboat in sight. All ports of entry are closed, even the pirate coves of yore. Supermarkets are and drug stores are open but limited to no more than 10 people entering at a time. Churches and government offices are closed but rum shops are open and the booze is flowing freely.

As to virus itself, 11 confirmed cases are reported; all linked to a 51-year old English man. He and the persons linked by six degrees of separation are in quarantine. The rest of us have to stay home with no particular place to go. So we'll be here for a long time.

In the meantime, I have installed a breather on my septic tank. A stink was emanating from a near-by manhole waste water cover and upon investigation it was determined that for some reason a breather or vent was never installed. Would you believe it cost only $50 for the fix? Let's see how long that holds up.

C'est tout.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    bwia said:

As I look out of my balcony toward the Caribbean sea, not one fishing boat, pleasure vessel, or sailboat in sight. All ports of entry are closed, even the pirate coves of yore. Supermarkets are and drug stores are open but limited to no more than 10 people entering at a time. Churches and government offices are closed but rum shops are open and the booze is flowing freely.

As to virus itself, 11 confirmed cases are reported; all linked to a 51-year old English man. He and the persons linked by six degrees of separation are in quarantine. The rest of us have to stay home with no particular place to go. So we'll be here for a long time.

In the meantime, I have installed a breather on my septic tank. A stink was emanating from a near-by manhole waste water cover and upon investigation it was determined that for some reason a breather or vent was never installed. Would you believe it cost only $50 for the fix? Let's see how long that holds up.

C'est tout.

Looks like you win for "best place to be quarantined." Stay safe & enjoy the Caribbean! What country did you say your place is in again?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    edited March 2020
    stickguy said:

. . . So many new delivery containers that she insisted on washing and keeping (because we only have a cabinet full of real tupperware stuff and corelle glassware) since everyone needs a drawer full of that stuff too.

Hmmm -- sounds like my wife may have a long-lost sister. Do you guys also have 35 or 40 glasses of various types when each of you has one you use all the time and all the others sit, taking up space?

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    abacomike said:

kyfdx said:

I regret not investing in Teladoc back in December when I was thinking about it. They’re up a ton right now. Could have bought in for $85/share. Now $142, down from a high of $176. I don’t see it going anywhere except up.

On Monday, you could have bought Ford for $4/share, then sold it for $5.80 at some point on Wednesday.

Plenty of examples like that. Of course, at the time F was a $4/share, there was no guarantee it wasn't going to $1.
    Hey, kyfdx, I sent you a message a few days ago re: lease money factors and trunk money on a 2020 S450. I am assuming you did not get it.
    Sorry, but I don't monitor this discussion.

If you have 2020 S450 lease questions, please post them in this discussion:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/57857/mercedes-benz/s-class/2020-mercedes-s-class-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

And, we'll get right on it!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

abacomike said:

Even when seniors are "wrong" they'll claim they were right.

That's how we know Driver is a senior.

When was I ever wrong?

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    driver100 said:

abacomike said:

When was I ever wrong?
    "You may be right. I may be crazy"

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

nyccarguy said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

When was I ever wrong?
    "You may be right. I may be crazy"
    But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for........

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    edited March 2020
    Out to a few stores at 0700. Few on the road, not many in the stores. WM Neighborhood Market had zero TP, zilch, nada, a few paper towels but they had chocolate milk not going out of date in 3 days, so that was a score. Fred Meyer had a few packages of store brand TP and a couple fresh cases of disinfectant wipes , a couple of women made a beeline to them, (but all had multiple "limit 1" signs, as it should) as well as a little pasta, Safeway had no paper goods, bare shelves. The panic continues.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

Don't forget to wear gloves or wipe the handle of the gas pump after you use it. Kind of adds so much to the driving experience. And, these days, never used to happen, they deduct depreciation on a monthly basis, so while you are driving your car about 50 miles a month for the next 3 months...your new car has depreciated a few $1000s.
    I haven't been to a gas pump in over 3 weeks and I still have 3/4 of a tank of gasoline. Where am I going to drive? Just the supermarket - 3 blocks away!

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

I haven't been to a gas pump in over 3 weeks and I still have 3/4 of a tank of gasoline. Where am I going to drive? Just the supermarket - 3 blocks away!
    I know....we have been home for 2 weeks and MrsD100's car still has the trickle charger hooked up to it.
    You guys may have to add some STABIL to your PUG.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    Went to Costco last night right before close. Pallets full of TP and paper towels. Pretty quiet, too.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    Our Enclave hasn't moved for two weeks or so.

The other day I did remote start it and let it run for whatever the time out is (15 mins?)

Someone asked how are we gonna celebrate?

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I had my wife take the Outback the very long way to the grocery store early this past week to charge the battery. Did 5 miles on the highway going.

My hope is to take the ZHP this afternoon for grocery pickup and do the same, just to exercise it a bit.

The i3 is plugged in and couldn’t care less, like the good appliance it is.

AAA will have their hands full when this starts to lift.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    I’ve seen pics of several stores here with so many pallets of TP on the floor that they may need to buy it a Christmas card.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Down south here, not so much. Luckily we're just fine with our paper products. Just feels so weird not having to go to work, no place to go really. Luckily the wife has her TurboTax gig five nights a week but I'm staying in the house as we've been told. Got out to MickeyD's around 6:30 this morning to get something different and there were some vehicles on the road. But being home so much is great in theory but one wants to get back to a regular life sooner than later. And for me, that was working a job I obviously like better than I thought.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

A poster on the nextdoor app reported that Kirkland Costco had TP yesterday too. Going to be hilarious to see people try to return it and be denied, the tantrums and hopefully removal from the premises if they don't simmer down.

The past several days I've walked past C-F-A on my afternoon walk, always between 10-15 cars in line (the place is sited hilariously poor, with traffic often backing up onto the street, I have to imagine someone was either drunk or had greased palms to approve the layout).
    edited March 2020
    I can’t stand nextdoor. Such a trash fire.
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    andres3 said:

andres3 said:

andres3 said:

benjaminh said:

Two charts from a piece in today's New York Times. There are different charts in this article based on different scenarios.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/13/opinion/coronavirus-trump-response.html

I think those death projections are wishful thinking on the part of the NYT.
    I did read a biased article in the NYT about how Germany should vote to put speed limits on the Autobahn, and they are like Americans clinging to the 2nd Amendment in regards to having no speed limits.

Then they said something to the effect of: 70% of the Autobahn is limitless, 30% is limited, and that the safety is clear, because the limited sections have 26% lower fatalities!!!

Little do they know that anyone that can do a little math would know that they just made a very compelling and powerful argument for no speed limits. As 70/30 would indicate that the limited sections should be 57% lower in fatalities, assuming they were EQUALLY safe. Since their own data and argument stated it was only 26% lower, it is clear which method is working to save lives better!

Of course, this doesn't take into account traffic and miles driven, but neither did their evidence or poorly written opinion piece, so I'm only using their own figures against them. Strange how they used word and number play to try and convey a conclusion the opposite of what the figures and data show to be true.
    The problem with your post is that the limited sections don't have 26% lower fatalities, they have a 26% lower fatality rate. Big difference there. That means that for an equal number of miles driven there will be fewer fatalities on the limited sections then on the unlimited sections. Completely the opposite of your conclusion.
    Where do you get that information as the word "rate" wasn't used in the article, so you must have another source? Or are you just inventing things? I find when fatalities are talked about the word "rate" is deliberately left out, not accidentally left out. Is this the one exception of all-time? We shall find out.....

Drumroll....

P.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/03/world/europe/germany-autobahn-speed-limit.html?action=click&module=RelatedCoverage&pgtype=Article&region=Footer

Quoting "The number of deadly accidents on stretches of autobahn that have a speed limit is 26 percent lower than on those without."

You might have different English comprehension than I do, but my language skills indicates "the number of deadly accidents" is most definitely a figure, and not a rate.

So based on this I'm going to say you pulled your post out of your behind with no substantiation or support, much like the way most of the speed limits in the USA are decided in the first place.
    I didn't read that article but I have researched the issue and I am going off of a German Government statistic that gave the fatality rates separated by limited and unlimited sections of the autobahn. Those statistics showed a marked decline in the fatality rate in the sections with a speed limit. A quick web search revealed only overall fatality rates but I will do a more complete search when time permits. I do recall we discussed this before and I'll see I'd I can find the posts on it.

Also there is another flaw in your argument, can you figure it out?
    I've already pointed it out. Just because more fatalities happen where there are speed limits, and less happen where there are none, and there are more miles of no speed limits on the Autobahn vs. limited sections, it doesn't mean more people drive more miles on that roadway vs. the other. I've always preferred vehicle miles traveled in high sample sizes like the billions. It's the fairest and most honest equalizer by far. Population is pretty meaningless because you could have a million people that never drive.
    Sorry you didn't, you made the claim that the high speed sections were safer because the sections with a speed limit being 30% of the roads had 26% fewer fatalities and if they were equally safe it would have larger percentage. You totally ignored vehicle miles traveled, I was the one who brought it up.
    andres3 said:

I don't think we've ever gone into the intricacies and details of the Autobahn before, because the facts of the Autobahn don't fit your preconceived notions and biases. You usually discount it as superior German DNA, training, licensing, and enforcement.

Yes we have, or at least I have. A long time ago you posted that the autobahn was the safest highway system in the world despite having no speed limits (spoiler alert it isnt). I replied that it wasn't a good ideal to truly compare the autobahn to the interstate highways since they exist in different environments with different customs and laws. I mentioned that a better comparison would be between Germany and Denmark. At that time Denmark had a safer highway system based on fatalities per vehicle miles traveled and they have a speed limit on all their highways. But the fatality rate of the Danish highways was approximately equal to the fatality rate on the sections of the autobahn with speed limits.

Now while DNA is rather silly there are differences between the US and Germany that do account for Germany having safer roads.

Yes Germanys licensing process is far more difficult and more expensive than here in the US. It truly does make the US's look like a joke, something that has been discussed here before. This includes training at high speeds.

Germans tend to follow traffic laws far more than they do here, again this has been discussed here at length.

Germany is a much smaller country that has a much higher population density with a very good public transit system. Think less driver fatigue.

Germany has a higher population density than the US. Because of this an accident in Germany will result in emergency services getting to the accident faster than say in rural Nebraska, the sooner medical care is administered the greater the chance of surviving. This is one of reasons why rural fatality rates are higher than urban rates.

Germany does a better job on up keeping the autobahn than most states do for their roads.
    andres3 said:

Everywhere in the world I've looked, putting speed limits where there were none has resulted in higher fatality rates, whether it be Montana, Australia, or anywhere else.

Source? Also remember there are plenty of things that influence fatality rates.
    andres3 said:

I've looked at a great number of these studies. Your "speed kills" myth propagating crowd hates using rates. Like the NY Time article, they almost always speak about fatalities in deceptive numbers that don't take rates into account. This is nothing new. I didn't suddenly figure this out. I just see it every time I'm reading something from the IIHS, the NHTSA, Australia, or the fake and failing news media. There's a consistency to the sources on "your side," and that's not a compliment.

Dont talk about others using deceptive numbers when you started this with deceptive numbers.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    I think there needs to be a new, separate topic for autobahn speed discussions.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Remember these?

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

Any way you look at it you’re going to lose money owning a car.

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:
    Hi everyone, I am new here. Tell me please which gear is better manual or auto? Thanks

Did I get it wrong....wouldn't surprise me - I often think outside the box, or some might say not the norm? Isn't johnmorgan asking whether it is better to have a manual or an automatic transmission....not what gear or golf club you want to use?
    I would prefer a manual but a lot of "ifs", some being, need to have roads with few stops, if there is a car I like that offers a manual, if I am young enough that my shifting arm and both legs are working. There are more, but those reasons alone would make me choose an automatic in my case.
    Or, more likely, it is not a real post and we are all just having fun with it. ;b
    Or maybe it’s person with a disability like the blind guy who was using a voice/text device or maybe someone with limited English. I rather assume it was legit than make some new poster feel slighted.
    That's how I see it too....if it is a troll then what was the point?
    Hate it when we answer and they disappear though.
    Oh, and I think he had something like 14000 posts, so not just a quick drop in.
    Poster had 2 posts.
    We all had only two posts at one time.
    Right, and look what our poster buddy @driver100 parlayed that into. :(

jmonroe
    In order to curtail @driver100 from his multitude of postings, I would suggest that he:

Spend more time communicating with his lovely wife; learn "dog" language so he could better understand his pup; go car shopping several times a week; read more books by his favorite authors; take up a hobby like bike riding or woodworking; learn how to play bridge and then join a bridge club; become a "HAM RADIO" fanatic and try sending cute and informative radio messages to someone in Australia or South Africa; adopt a child and learn how to change a diaper; become a volunteer at your local hospital delivering daily newspapers to hospitalized men and women; become a Crossing Guard at a local elementary school and smile at the little darlings as they cross the street; become a lifeguard at a community pool and blow your whistle at the kids who splash water with their hands! 😛😜🤪😋

If he takes one or two of those above suggestions and implements an activity or two, that should slow down his postings!🤙
    I would, except you and my good buddy JMonroe would miss me :p
    Yes, just like I miss my liver cancer! 😛😜🤪
    I'd rather have a root canal.

jmonroe
    Good. You go out and arrange for a root canal. Post the invoice for it, and I'll stop posting. :(
    I can't do that becasue I will not be charged for root canals. Why? Because when Mrs. j worked she was the head honcho of the front office for a pair of dentists that specialized in root canals. Any time either of us needed a root canal whatever wasn't covered by insurance was covered by "professional courtesy". One guy has already retired but the other guy is down to only 2 days a week. I guess that courtesy will only last until he hangs up his drill.

If you are true to your word it will be very easy to have an invoice created and forwarded to you. Gee, if only it could be that easy.

jmonroe
    Here you go.

suydam said:

Our gym is not a chain, but locally owned. If people suspend their memberships and this goes on for months, we may not have a gym to come back to.

Our gym is partially funded by tax dollars as it is a park district facility. Therefore it will still be there.
    when this is done.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439

stickguy said:

. . . So many new delivery containers that she insisted on washing and keeping (because we only have a cabinet full of real tupperware stuff and corelle glassware) since everyone needs a drawer full of that stuff too.

Hmmm -- sounds like my wife may have a long-lost sister. Do you guys also have 35 or 40 glasses of various types when each of you has one you use all the time and all the others sit, taking up space?

only 40? Piker,

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

edited March 2020
    fintail said:

Out to a few stores at 0700. Few on the road, not many in the stores. WM Neighborhood Market had zero TP, zilch, nada, a few paper towels but they had chocolate milk not going out of date in 3 days, so that was a score. Fred Meyer had a few packages of store brand TP and a couple fresh cases of disinfectant wipes , a couple of women made a beeline to them, (but all had multiple "limit 1" signs, as it should) as well as a little pasta, Safeway had no paper goods, bare shelves. The panic continues.

One of my son’s friend paid him $50/month to store his car here on the farm while he’s away for military duty for a year. The other day as I was moving it out of the way I noticed it only had a half tank of gas and upon inquiry he had not added any gas stabilizer. I told my son to throw some gas in it and add some Stabil I had in the barn.

We happened to open the trunk and discovered a big canister of disinfectant wipes and several rolls of paper towels. Now we have an emergency supply. I figure that’s a fair trade for a few gallons of gas. B)

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    I drove everything to work at least one day this week; next week I'm going Jeep and ti.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    unearthed the TLX for a run up to a store about 45 minutes north of us to pick up something the wife and kid had ordered. about 2 hours round trip (100 miles or so) including a detour on the way back to scope out a 55+ neighborhood with a house I liked for sale. Just a drive by of course. Poured rain pretty much the entire time, but at least the car got a good workout. First time it moved I think in 2 weeks when we made a similar length drive through Delaware.

does not move often, but at least when it does, it gets some real exercise!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

edited March 2020

Ran into an airplane blocking the highways when we went to get drive through lunch, and then later heading to a stop at a garden center at a box store for pansies. Twice. Likely an hour apart and in two locations 15 miles apart.

They had Under the Wire trucks that had poles to lift up power and other lines over the road, and had buckets if they were needed.

KC135 tanker heading for US Air Force at Wright Patterson Air Force base. from the boneyard in Arizona. Long trip

http://www.winchesternewsgazette.com/news/large-plane-spotted-in-lynn/article_b734d20a-6f59-11ea-a4d6-27c8af08b796.html?fbclid=IwAR1gkzzcnmggGv-sG126M_kex9GYnbfXjng0WQsOeArsiTdPj5pTeSo1lbE#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

That plane really needs some Red Bull.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    tjc78 said:

Our Enclave hasn't moved for two weeks or so.

The other day I did remote start it and let it run for whatever the time out is (15 mins?)

Someone asked how are we gonna celebrate?

Going out for the re-opening of the AMC DINE-IN at Easton for the premier of Tarantino's "2 Ply Pulp."

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

I know....we have been home for 2 weeks and MrsD100's car still has the trickle charger hooked up to it.
    You guys may have to add some STABIL to your PUG.
    With the exception of going to the office twice last week I have been home for the last two weeks also. But just to keep the mind sane (or keep it from going more insane) I have taken to getting out and driving the cars for a half hour or so during lunch, rotating cars each day. Now I need another vehicle so I have a different on for each day of the work week.

You had to know some slezeball would try this. Fake stimulus checks that can only be “cashed” when you buy a car:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/florida-man-received-used-car-promotion-disguised-coronavirus-stimulus-check/4H3SOGKQN5CNFMLMSFN6AUGEUI/

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    fintail said:

A poster on the nextdoor app reported that Kirkland Costco had TP yesterday too. Going to be hilarious to see people try to return it and be denied, the tantrums and hopefully removal from the premises if they don't simmer down.

The past several days I've walked past C-F-A on my afternoon walk, always between 10-15 cars in line (the place is sited hilariously poor, with traffic often backing up onto the street, I have to imagine someone was either drunk or had greased palms to approve the layout).

Our C-F-A is sited the same way, with cars backing out into the main street everyone uses. Maybe a thing for them. I don’t eat there and don’t plan to. Not really a fast food person.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    suydam said:

fintail said:

Our C-F-A is sited the same way, with cars backing out into the main street everyone uses. Maybe a thing for them. I don’t eat there and don’t plan to. Not really a fast food person.
    Our local CFA has a rather large parking area that it can spill out into, no chance for spilling out onto the road. Starbucks on the other hand is spilling out onto the roads around here.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031

I think there needs to be a new, separate topic for autobahn speed discussions.

Moved and seconded.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

If you haven't driven in Germany in this century, you don't get to discuss it. Problem solved B)
    edited March 2020

I drove everything to work at least one day this week; next week I'm going Jeep and ti.

Diversity... :)

Ran into an airplane blocking the highways when we went to get drive through lunch, and then later heading to a stop at a garden center at a box store for pansies. Twice. Likely an hour apart and in two locations 15 miles apart.

They had Under the Wire trucks that had poles to lift up power and other lines over the road, and had buckets if they were needed.

KC135 tanker heading for US Air Force at Wright Patterson Air Force base. from the boneyard in Arizona. Long trip

http://www.winchesternewsgazette.com/news/large-plane-spotted-in-lynn/article_b734d20a-6f59-11ea-a4d6-27c8af08b796.html?fbclid=IwAR1gkzzcnmggGv-sG126M_kex9GYnbfXjng0WQsOeArsiTdPj5pTeSo1lbE#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

That plane really needs some Red Bull.
    When we got behind it in a small town (West Milton) after getting lunch 20 miles away from home, the driver really zooms that puppy in between stops to go under the wires. He must be hitting 55 or. more. I guess the shell of the plane is aluminum and isn't that heavy. It's just big. LOL

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989

stickguy said:

Short answer YES.

I’m pretty sure I live with the third of the missing triplets separated at birth. This was a close call:

Last Summer being the good husband that I am I decided to set the table for dinner while Mrs. j was up in the office writing checks. My steak and her chicken breast were almost ready to be taken off the grill and the baked potatoes had about 3 minutes to go. So, I go to the fridge and take out a container of sour cream, well I thought it was sour cream. It looked like what you’d see in a petri dish but it didn’t start out as sour cream, I know that. I threw it in the sink. Grabbed another sour cream container, same thing. I finally found the real thing and put it on the table. Now, I go to the cabinet where the containers are stored and I started pitching sour cream containers in the garbage can. Just about finished with the sour cream containers and was going to start on some other containers when Mrs. j shows up and yells, "HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY GOOD CONTAINERS” ? I said, “what’s it look like ?. You can’t see through these things. What good are they” ? She told me if I looked at the lid there was masking tape saying what was in there. Now I knew what they started out as but that didn’t change the disgusting greenish blue color of what was in the sink. I said, “maybe we should top our baked potatoes with something else so we don’t have so many sour cream containers in this house”. She quips with, “like what, guacamole” ? I said, “if I wanted that it’s in the sink”. That almost earned me a few laps around the dining room table.

She won’t admit it but she has purged some of her GOOD containers. Probably brought on by a few surprises when she opened a couple containers.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl