Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,679
    ab348 said:

Youse guys with your SiriusXM horror stories just wouldn't listen to me, would ya? I been tellin ya, they are a scummy company and always have been with their deceptive sales tactics and makin ya jump though hoops to get the best rates. But wouldja listen to me? Nooooooo... :p

My USB flash drive serves me very well for music in the car.

I believe the NYS Attorney General is suing them for their shady practices. Maybe they forgot the campaign contributions.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    I don't get hung up on how they do everything. I just focus on what I am getting. Which is the radio I want. Spending 10 minutes once a year discussing terms with them has never raised my BP.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,736
    Ditto, Stickguy.
    I'm using the M240 to rip CDs to its hard drive and then adding them back to my USB stick (no CD players in any of my current laptops. Actually works quite well doing it in the 2er). Which is USB A, the Audi only has USB C ports. One of these days I'll buy an adaptor...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,176
    stickguy said:

tjc78 said:

Apple Music or Pandora premium is such a better value than XM.

You basically have access to any album ever recorded plus curated stations and playlists.

I’ll never go back to XM. You can also use it in the house or whenever your phone is.

you can use XM in the house or off your phone. It comes with the streaming app.

the biggest advantage to me of XM is convenience. It works like, well, the radio! Turn on the car, and it comes on. If I want to change stations, I just thumb the button on the steering wheel. I don't want to have to plug in my phone every time I get in the car, and I certainly don't want to have to play with the phone to change the music. On a road trip, no issue with the wife playing with it (other than the fact she gets confused how and has lousy taste in music, and can't remember any bands!) But for local driving I like the ease of just having a radio working without doing anything.
    Same here. I have no complaints and have always been able to get the "real" rate in a few minutes. I listen to it virtually every time I drive the modern car, I also stream it in the old car and use it on my Sonos system. For the amount of time I listen, I think it's a fair deal, as there are maybe one or two tolerable terrestrial stations here.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    mjfloyd1 said:

Is it cordless?

Not positive, but it doesn't appear to be wireless. (neither is my GTI)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155

@tjc78.
    How many sports events are on Apple Music or Pandora?
    It depends on what you want. I like the music with DJ's on Sirius but the sports broadcasts clinches it for me.

Very good point. I think about SXM only as music, but in the past we have used
    the sports channels to listen to OSU games, or Michigan games, or to just
    browse the sports channels during games. If I recall, the index shows the teams
    and the current scores. Often my wife was wanting the current scores for
    various teams in OSU's competition for playoffs and bowls.

Now she just uses her Android phone.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    ab348 said:

Youse guys with your SiriusXM horror stories just wouldn't listen to me, would ya? I been tellin ya, they are a scummy company and always have been with their deceptive sales tactics and makin ya jump though hoops to get the best rates. But wouldja listen to me? Nooooooo... :p

Thinking back to when I did answer their phone calling by accident, forwarded from home
    phone to my cell, while on a major ramp to I75, I recall the stunned silence on the
    other end when I told the young lady not to call me again. I am not sure, but I might
    have added some other words to the statement that emphasized my sincerity
    not to be bothered by phone again.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,568
    venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

stickguy said:

better not ever buy a new car. No more CD players in anything.

————————————————
    Yeah, I heard that was coming. I guess I could always try adding a CD player in the trunk. Down side of that is once I get in there I might not be able to climb out. My knees ain’t what they used to be. Might have to tie a rope around me and give Mrs. j a call on her cell. Just have to make sure I didn’t upset her before I climb into the trunk.

jmonroe
    Just tie the rope around your waist when you crawl in there and, if you can't get out, have Mrs. J tie the other end to a tree and drive away - sort of like pulling a tooth with a string.

Burn your music to a USB drive.
    ————————————————
    That makes me think you’ve already installed a CD player in the trunk of one of your cars.

Now that I’ve had time to think about this I don’t need to call Mrs. j. I can continue to open my mouth just like I’ve always done.

My new plan is to still use the rope but take the remote for the garage door opener with me when I climb into the trunk. If I can’t get out, just have to hit the open button and I’m out and probably more gently too. Most important part of this plan will be not forgetting to tie the other end of the rope to the garage door handle. I guess I can make a check list so I don’t forget to do that.

There, I think I’ve thought it all out now.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    ab348 said:

————————————————
    Now you know how I feel about Mrs. j not listening to me and that goes back way before they invented XM. :#

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,411
    Interesting video from my local fire department on electric vehicles:

https://youtu.be/itGeAq9rBeY?si=r-xKcyrAIrp3HRMq

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    edited January 13
    jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

Saw today where Hertz is selling off 20,000 EVs, a third of their fleet, and replacing with gas cars. They cited highter than anticipated repair costs and depreciation. Plus few people wanted to rent them.

————————————————
    Hey stranger when did they let you out?

jmonroe
    Just got paroled !!
    ————————————————
    I’ve heard parole boards have been getting soft the last few months. So, I guess it’s true.

Being you’re now a hit and run poster, don’t come in here with disparaging comments about EV cars. Several of your old poster buddies have one or at least part of one. They may never post to you again. :'(

jmonroe
    Actually an EV would be perfect for my wife and me, but just too old to change. Neither one of us drive very much any more, and when we do it is nearly always short trips. If the kids want to see us, they make the drive over from St. Louis, as we quit making that trip a couple of years ago. We each only drive around 4 or 5 thousand miles per year now.

I just suffered my 81st birthday Jan. 3rd and my wife is 77. Our 57th anniversary is coming up in August. Thankfully we are both in pretty good shape for our ages. I think I might be a couple of years older than Mike, so that makes me the elder statesman on here. If I am wrong about your age Mike, let me know and I will pass the title on to you.

Anyway, I haven't forgotten you guys, I just don't post as often as I used to. You are still a great bunch of guys, even you and Driver, Monroe.
    ————————————————
    Man that’s the worst left handed compliment I’ve ever had. You should be more careful about who you group me with. :#

Not that I want a title (a trophy is more my style) but I’ve got you beat by 6 months with the birthday and 1 month with the anniversary.

Just didn’t want any bum dope be expressed in here.

jmonroe
    Congrats monroe, I concede, you win the "Old Codger" award. Dag Nabbit. Just for good measure, I notice your car is one year older than mine also...

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,098
    I can't tell what sort of vehicle was on fire. I'm guessing a Porsche but am not sure.

Regardless, this should get @driver100 revved up. B)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

kyfdx said:

You can pay by credit card for one year, then still renew or cancel by phone. I’ve done it for 10 years for my wife. They keep making it easier. The last two times, it’s taken less than 15 minutes. You get a month’s notice.

About $92, this past year.

————————————————
    Thanks but I’m dead set against giving them my CC. I’m willing to pay a little more just to avoid doing that.

jmonroe
    I wouldn't give them my CC info. either. The final straw was when they billed me after it ran out without even asking me, then mailed the bill.

I liked having it, but it's sort of like quitting smoking - the longer you do without it the better you feel. B)

Where you live there should be whatever you want on the radio. If it's because you don't like commercials, then there's no hope.
    I have been paying T Mobile with a cc for years, then this year they said I would have to pay with a debit card or pay $10. more per month. I assume they didn't want to pay the cc fee. I told them I would pay the extra $10. until I could switch carriers. I think I will go with Consumers Cellular.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    houdini1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

Saw today where Hertz is selling off 20,000 EVs, a third of their fleet, and replacing with gas cars. They cited highter than anticipated repair costs and depreciation. Plus few people wanted to rent them.

————————————————
    Hey stranger when did they let you out?

jmonroe
    Just got paroled !!
    ————————————————
    I’ve heard parole boards have been getting soft the last few months. So, I guess it’s true.

Being you’re now a hit and run poster, don’t come in here with disparaging comments about EV cars. Several of your old poster buddies have one or at least part of one. They may never post to you again. :'(

jmonroe
    Actually an EV would be perfect for my wife and me, but just too old to change. Neither one of us drive very much any more, and when we do it is nearly always short trips. If the kids want to see us, they make the drive over from St. Louis, as we quit making that trip a couple of years ago. We each only drive around 4 or 5 thousand miles per year now.

I just suffered my 81st birthday Jan. 3rd and my wife is 77. Our 57th anniversary is coming up in August. Thankfully we are both in pretty good shape for our ages. I think I might be a couple of years older than Mike, so that makes me the elder statesman on here. If I am wrong about your age Mike, let me know and I will pass the title on to you.

Anyway, I haven't forgotten you guys, I just don't post as often as I used to. You are still a great bunch of guys, even you and Driver, Monroe.
    ————————————————
    Man that’s the worst left handed compliment I’ve ever had. You should be more careful about who you group me with. :#

Not that I want a title (a trophy is more my style) but I’ve got you beat by 6 months with the birthday and 1 month with the anniversary.

Just didn’t want any bum dope be expressed in here.

jmonroe
    Congrats monroe, I concede, you win the "Old Codger" award. Dag Nabbit.
    ————————————————
    So where’s my trophy. Maybe Edmund’s is preparing it for shipment as I post.

jmonroe
  • Options
    edited January 13
    ab348 said:

I can't tell what sort of vehicle was on fire. I'm guessing a Porsche but am not sure.

Darn, it's (was) a Jaguar I-Pace.

At the bottom of the mountain upon which we live, lives a black Jaguar I-Pace. In the 2 years we've lived here, it has not caught fire. So, regarding the video above, batting .500 here!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    ab348 said:

Hate to say I told you so, but...............

btw....ordinary fire extinguishers don't work, you need a special one for lithium batteries.
    And how do you plug your car in overnight when they say don't leave your car plugged in unattended. I guess you can plug it in and sleep in it.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,367
    edited January 13
    Yes; I could never sleep when the i3 was charging downstairs, now it's deja vu all over again. The things I endure to own a 5,000 pound SUV that averages 49.8 mpg...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options

Yes; I could never sleep when the i3 was charging downstairs, now it's deja vu all over again. The things I endure to own a 5,000 pound SUV that averages 49.8 mpg...

Well, if it should happen to you, you’ll have to change your handle on here to “houseburner”. :D

• Options
    ab348 said:

It was a Jaguar EV.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    Hey, all this talk about shady corporate practices got me thinking so here’s a question maybe you guys can answer.

My wife and I are the last two people on the planet who pay bills with checks in the mail. Lately, it seems like it takes longer to see those checks cashed by the vendor. My wife sent a check for the cable bill on 12/30, due on the 7th but only cashed on the 10th. Similarly, my credit card check mailed on 12/30 was only cashed on the 12th.

Is this just the post office becoming more unreliable or are these companies holding checks past the due date so they can charge late fees.

For comparison, a check sent to a collage in NH on the same date was cashed in 4 days.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,935

Farmer - all I can say is learn how to pay your bills online. They credit the same day. No stamps, no checks. I write maybe three or four checks a year.

It’s the only way to roll to these days.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    ab348 said:

Well, if it should happen to you, you’ll have to change your handle on here to “houseburner”. :D
    I'm already risking life and limb engaging in even more dangerous automotive activities- changing oil, fuses, batteries, and bulbs.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    Tom, caveat to that is some bills actually do get mailed. the "big" ones (credit cards, stuff like that) they do electronically but if you do one-offs (say, paying your lawnguy) those they actually mail. Not quite sure how they do it, but I think it is literally printing and mailing a check. So figure that will take a while!

my wife, far from a technology whiz, even uses the online account bill pay. easy once they are set up, but she always complains about having to look up and get the right account info for new ones. But if we have weird payments (money to a charity, local stuff, our property taxes) those are written checks.

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

stickguy said:

better not ever buy a new car. No more CD players in anything.

————————————————
    Yeah, I heard that was coming. I guess I could always try adding a CD player in the trunk. Down side of that is once I get in there I might not be able to climb out. My knees ain’t what they used to be. Might have to tie a rope around me and give Mrs. j a call on her cell. Just have to make sure I didn’t upset her before I climb into the trunk.

jmonroe
    Just tie the rope around your waist when you crawl in there and, if you can't get out, have Mrs. J tie the other end to a tree and drive away - sort of like pulling a tooth with a string.

Burn your music to a USB drive.
    ————————————————
    That makes me think you’ve already installed a CD player in the trunk of one of your cars.

Now that I’ve had time to think about this I don’t need to call Mrs. j. I can continue to open my mouth just like I’ve always done.

My new plan is to still use the rope but take the remote for the garage door opener with me when I climb into the trunk. If I can’t get out, just have to hit the open button and I’m out and probably more gently too. Most important part of this plan will be not forgetting to tie the other end of the rope to the garage door handle. I guess I can make a check list so I don’t forget to do that.

There, I think I’ve thought it all out now.

jmonroe
    they actually have a hard drive built into the car. Essentially a big non-removable USB stick already in there!

• Options

ab348 said:

I'm already risking life and limb engaging in even more dangerous automotive activities- changing oil, fuses, batteries, and bulbs.
    ————————————————
    I’m surprised you’re still posting given you’ve been walking on thin ice for so long. I know a few folks like you and they’re still around too. But, you never know when you’re going to run out of luck.

jmonroe
  • Options

Hey, all this talk about shady corporate practices got me thinking so here’s a question maybe you guys can answer.

My wife and I are the last two people on the planet who pay bills with checks in the mail. Lately, it seems like it takes longer to see those checks cashed by the vendor. My wife sent a check for the cable bill on 12/30, due on the 7th but only cashed on the 10th. Similarly, my credit card check mailed on 12/30 was only cashed on the 12th.

Is this just the post office becoming more unreliable or are these companies holding checks past the due date so they can charge late fees.

For comparison, a check sent to a collage in NH on the same date was cashed in 4 days.

I suspect they receive so few cheques as payment these days that they no longer have staff dedicated to that function. Post-secondary institutions have no need for such efficiencies so they probably have someone who does that 5% of the day and goes to lunch for a few hours. :#

• Options

I think the guy with the Jaguar said the same thing.

• Options

ab348 said:

Impressive!

• Options
    @oldfarmer50 Accounts payable aren't set up for checks any more. They are trying to automate things these days. It probably costs $10 to process a check these days.

• Options
    driver100 said:

@oldfarmer50 Accounts payable aren't set up for checks any more. They are trying to automate things these days. It probably costs $10 to process a check these days.

good. send a check, stick it to the man.

• Options
    I hope the KC contingent all picked up some of the $30 tickets to watch the Chiefs game in person tonight. A balmy -7 out there, good football weather!

• Options
    driver100 said:

Sometimes you have to get over being scared of your own shadow.

• Options

driver100 said:

Sometimes you have to get over being scared of your own shadow.
    Very profound.
    My brother lives in Calgary where it has been the coldest winter in 50 years. This cold spell has lasted for weeks, today it will be -28 with a wind chill of -40F.

My brother sent an email that said:
    "Just got an Alberta emergency alert on our cell phones and TV! Turn off all unnecessary power usage due to severe temperature strain on the power grid!🥺".

I told him it is a good thing he doesn't have an EV.

• Options

@stickguy said:
    Tom, caveat to that is some bills actually do get mailed. the "big" ones (credit cards, stuff like that) they do electronically but if you do one-offs (say, paying your lawnguy) those they actually mail. Not quite sure how they do it, but I think it is literally printing and mailing a check. So figure that will take a while!

my wife, far from a technology whiz, even uses the online account bill pay. easy once they are set up, but she always complains about having to look up and get the right account info for new ones. But if we have weird payments (money to a charity, local stuff, our property taxes) those are written checks.

Are you talking about your bank’s online bill pay? Then yes you are correct. If they aren’t in the system they mail a check and it takes awhile.

When we had our place at the campground, the note was with a credit union and they had no online billing or payments. I used Wells Fargo bill pay and to get it there on time I had to send it 12 days ahead.

I don’t use that service for anything anymore. I just go into the electric company or CC etc and pay it manually. Everything else is on autopay. I’m always afraid to put the utilities on auto in case they miss read a meter and it’s a huge bill.

• Options

I wont auto pay CCs or utilities either. I find it easier (well, easier for my wife) to have it in one place so she doesn’t have to figure out where to go for each one. It was enough of a struggle getting her used to paperless!

I go direct when she forgets to pay one and it’s due that day.

I do have some stuff (cable, garbage pickup) that offers it going to a credit card. Cuts way down on the number of different places to pay.

• Options

ab348 said:

That's great, I hear they are looking for people to work at Jiffy Lube.

• Options
    This past week, I changed out a basic programable thermostat to an Ecobee. Of course, I had my local fire department and EMS in the same room with me as my shadow is quite frightening. (Actually, given my general clumsiness, might not have been a bad idea!)

Not to scare you into never sleeping, Driver, but guess what batteries are in phones and laptops? Which have been known to spontaneously combust upon occasion, too. (Yes, I recognize the difference in scale)

Again, there is risk in basically every aspect of life. Know your use case and technology options. We know you are wicked afraid of EVs; the dead horse would like a bit of a rest.

Just IMHO, of course.
    Fear can be entertaining.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Farmer - all I can say is learn how to pay your bills online. They credit the same day. No stamps, no checks. I write maybe three or four checks a year.

Until the power goes out.😥

• Options

@driver100 said:
    That's great, I hear they are looking for people to work at Jiffy Lube.

I’m surprised that you aren’t already a greeter at Walmart.

• Options
    edited January 14

@driver100 said:
    Very profound.
    My brother lives in Calgary where it has been the coldest winter in 50 years. This cold spell has lasted for weeks, today it will be -28 with a wind chill of -40F.

My brother sent an email that said:
    "Just got an Alberta emergency alert on our cell phones and TV! Turn off all unnecessary power usage due to severe temperature strain on the power grid!🥺".

I told him it is a good thing he doesn't have an EV.

I’m not opposed to EVs; what I’m opposed to is that they are being mandated when the technology isn’t mature and the infrastructure isn’t ready for it. EVs can and should be a part of the private vehicle mix but for the foreseeable future they aren’t a one size fits all solution or a magic bullet.
    I’d rather the regulations continue to require manufacturers to achieve an average fleet mpg number rather than mandate a specific “solution.” Imagine if, during the first energy crisis, the government response had been to ban engines over a certain displacement or cylinder count. Instead, manufacturers developed new technology to improve efficiency and performance.
    Regardless, while I don’t blindly welcome all new technology, I am intrigued and interested by progress- not fearful of it.

• Options

tjc78 said:

Of course, your pen could also run out of ink.

• Options

This past week, I changed out a basic programable thermostat to an Ecobee. Of course, I had my local fire department and EMS in the same room with me as my shadow is quite frightening. (Actually, given my general clumsiness, might not have been a bad idea!)

Not to scare you into never sleeping, Driver, but guess what batteries are in phones and laptops? Which have been known to spontaneously combust upon occasion, too. (Yes, I recognize the difference in scale)

Again, there is risk in basically every aspect of life. Know your use case and technology options. We know you are wicked afraid of EVs; the dead horse would like a bit of a rest.

Just IMHO, of course.
    Fear can be entertaining.

Well said.

• Options

@oldfarmer50 said:

No need for power! I do mostly everything on my phone.

• Options

Someone is projecting this fear thing. I have never said I am fearful of batteries or EVs. I get the concept and I have said if it works for you go for it. I don't think it is ready for prime time for a large segment of the population, and because the infrastructure isn't their yet.

It isn't practical for people who travel long distances, for people who aren't able to plug in, or for my brother in Calgary who isn't supposed to use electricity unless it is absolutely necessary.

One day we will all have electric cars.......I understand that. At this time I am not ready to switch, gassers have served me well and they suit me....I don't need to spend $60 or $70k to switch to something that might not work for me.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

@oldfarmer50 said:

No need for power! I do mostly everything on my phone.

I don't think oldfarmer does internet on his phone, IIRC.

• Options
    stickguy said:

I hope the KC contingent all picked up some of the $30 tickets to watch the Chiefs game in person tonight. A balmy -7 out there, good football weather!

I watched and cheered from the comfort of my easy chair at home. The second half from my warm bed.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,411
    houdini1 said:

stickguy said:

I watched and cheered from the comfort of my easy chair at home. The second half from my warm bed.
    I had a former co-worker, who lives in KC, attend the game last night. She commented on FB this morning that her voice is hoarse, and she can't feel her feet, but she's looking forward to the next game.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

@Michaell said:
    I had a former co-worker, who lives in KC, attend the game last night. She commented on FB this morning that her voice is hoarse, and she can't feel her feet, but she's looking forward to the next game.

You couldn’t even drink a beer .. they were freezing

• Options
    btw, talking about risk. Doing your own oil change might be a bit risky.
    Starting up a company that grows quickly, renting a warehouse for $8000 a month on your personal account (with a 2 year lease), having small retail accounts but having one large retail customer who makes up 80% of your sales that isn't in the best of shape, and having about $100000 worth of inventory on hand, and having 4 employees that you are responsible for.
    That's a lot of balls to juggle, and if one of them falls you've had it.
    People who start their own business often mortgage their homes, they work 24/7, they always have to be thinking, they have to have about 4 jobs, and if anything goes wrong you can lose it all.
    That is make it or break it risk.