Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• Options
    jack51pinejack51pine Member Posts: 18
    I've had my TB since Dec '01, build date 12/01 and the only problem I've had is one of the remote key fobs quit working and needed to be reprogrammed (I have the instructions to reprogram if anyone is interested). I called the dealer about the rear gasket, to prevent any paint chipping, and they said the gasket is on order and to call back next week and they should have them in.

As for the fan noise, I haven't noticed it, my '95 Jimmy has always had a loud fan noise when the engine starts up cold. My TB is much quieter when the engine starts up cold.
  • Options
    vindog45vindog45 Member Posts: 35
    my dealer is ordering gasket, but what im wondering...should i have body shop touch up marks around door, or will gasket cover them?...by the way...my sevice manager was dumbfounded at my written tsb, also didnt realize there was a gasket till i showed him one on his own lot!
  • Options
    archdukerizzoarchdukerizzo Member Posts: 35
    I don't think that sounds so far fetched.
    I own a Bravada and Intrigue (the Intrigue is my wifes' car) and she previously had an Alero :)
  • Options
    axsysmanaxsysman Member Posts: 26
    I just decided to post a positive message about my Envoy SLT 4wd. I bought mine on March 2, 2001. It was the first one delivered to the dealer, got a great deal on it since they didn't have time to mark it up for all those fake little extra charges that are now added on to the MSRP. Only real problem I have had was the recall for the lower control arms. I had the right front seal squeak, but it went away about 15000 miles ago and has not returned.

It is my only vehicle and I commute 41 miles each way to work every day. I now have 30,545 miles on
    it, all trouble free. I have experienced some of the problems described in this forum: loud fan noise at startup, slight (very slight) paint abrasion around the license plate plastic thing (you know what I mean).

All I can say though is that it is one of the smoothest, quietest, comforting vehicles I have owned.
  • Options
    dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Apparently this guy is out to get me? I have complained to the moderators. I really do have an Intrigue and I just got an Alero with my Olds loyalty credit.
  • Options
    iexplore2000iexplore2000 Member Posts: 237
    Well, I finally received a phone call from my service advisor today stating that my vehicle was ready for pickup. They were able to address the following items, but left the service order open since there were several parts on order for my vehicle. In the mean time, since I am in Columbus for the weekend, I had my father return the rental car and pickup my Envoy today. He mentioned that it was left in "good condition" but he would drive it to work and back in order to see if the cold acceleration problem still existed.

The dealership addressed the service items as follows:

* Cold Acceleration Issue: Per service advisor, they flashed the transmission controller module in order to reset it back to the factory defaults. Apparently, this "flash" erases anything that may have been stored in memory concerning the transmission and places it back into "learning" mode? I'll check tlauro's site today for a TSB concerning this issue. All in all, the service advisor was pretty confident in stating that this flash cured my delayed acceleration issue.

* Dead Battery Issue: Per service advisor, they replaced the battery with a new one to address the 3x dead battery problem that I had experienced.

* Mirror Actuator TSB: Per service advisor, the parts are on "national backorder" and he will notify me once the parts arrive.

* Rear Suspension Compressor Muffler TSB: Per service advisor, the parts for this piece are on "national backorder" as well and he will notify me once the parts arrive.

* Tailgate Gasket Seal TSB: My father dropped off the gasket this morning and they successfully installed it (hmm.. i am wondering if I can get my $8.50 back from GM for buying the gasket last week??? Never mind!! Ha, ha)

* Passenger and Driver Side Speaker Rattle Issue: Per service advisor, they ordered new clips for both doors and will install the clips once they replace the mirror actuators since the door panel has to come off? I don't understand this one because according to the TSB, the mirror glass pops off and you make the switch there.. no need to remove the mirror from the vehicle. I will question them on this once I return the vehicle.

All in all, I am very pleased with the fact that my service advisor was very attentive to my needs and made sure to stay in contact with me at all times, keeping a pleasant attitude. But.. on the other hand, I am a little puzzled as to why they had to keep my vehicle all week and they still have major work to do on it??? Hmmm..

Medolark: I should be back in Michigan late Saturday evening, I will let you know first-hand if my delayed acceleration problem has vanished. Also, I asked my advisor if there were a TSB or something that I could reference on this website for those experiencing similar issues and he mentioned that there wasn't anything specific written on the service order. I guess the procedure is just a simple "flash" that other service departments should be aware of? I will let you know if I can find anything else.

Thanks!

IExplore2000@aol.com

PS: I had the chance to finally meet up with TLauro today and check out the PIAA ultra-whites on his TB LTZ. I didn't get a chance to see the lights in action, but Tim was quite pleased with the outcome and performance of the lights! Tim mentioned that they produce a much more "whiter" light as opposed to the optical illusion blue light that most imitation HID bulbs give off. The Hiper Lights that I have on my Grand AM are xenon gas charged and blue in color, giving you that "HID" look (closest that I've seen yet to the real thing), whereas the PIAA's give a much more brighter and whiter light without trying to pose as HID knock-offs. I may just have to try a pair myself for my Envoy!!
  • Options
    jwinkyjwinky Member Posts: 59
    Been reading this board for a while and I am really starting the search for an Envoy SLT with 1SH package to call my own.

While looking at virtual window stickers on GM Buypower for dealers in my area, I noticed something strange -- varying price for the 1SH package as well as for the base price of the vehicle. I have also noticed that SOME of the stickers aren't listing load-leveling suspension as part of the 1SH package. Can anybody comment on the discrepancies?

I am glad to hear that most everyone's issues are finally starting to be resolved. I have loved the looks and content of the Envoy since I first saw them back at the beginning of 2001, and I feel more comfortable purchasing one now that problems are starting to be addressed.

JAW
  • Options
    envoy2002envoy2002 Member Posts: 26
    My 2002 Envoy has been garage parked at home and work since acquiring vehicle 2K miles ago. Never had paint chipping issue. All last week and this week my job entailed me to park the vehicle in the sun (we had 80 degree weather). Well, I did notice some minor paint chipping in the crevices. Yesterday, in 55 degree weather with blue sky and full sun, I was noticing some popping/clicking sounds while driving that I assumed to be stones in a rear wheel well. Well, while I was parked outside an office waiting for a friend (iexplore2000), I continued to hear the sounds. I got out, went to the back of the truck and while the sun was beating down on the tailgate, I heard the crackling/popping noise. Thus, I gently placed the back of my hand against the metal and plastic frame to compare temperature difference....both were warm to touch as expected from the sunlight, but I was flabbergasted when I actually not only heard the pop again, but FELT the vibration on my hand! When my friend came out, he too was shocked to "see it in action." Fortunately, no visible additional paint chipping was observed..just the expansion phenomenon. I bought the gasket and will most definately have the dealer install it. I also believe (in my case) the gasket will cover up the few chips.
  • Options
    gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    I told my service tech I wasn't thrilled about picking up my Bravada if there were still transfer case problems. He talked to the mechanic who told him I could do more damage by driving it (gee, just what I said). He told me to keep my rental. Unfortunately, they have no idea when the parts will be in to fix it. I would think there is some way to get an estimated delivery date. Maybe a call to the Olds customer service desk can get the dealer an answer.

GAM2
  • Options
    leihua5264leihua5264 Member Posts: 11
    About the Oil Change, there is so many different answers to this question.

My advise is to read your WARRANTY Papers (including the fine print) on your vehicle, because should you fail to have you regular maintenance work on your vehicle, when your warranty papers says to have it done at a certain mileage or time and something goes wrong with your vehicle, you'll have those GM warranty contract papers to back you up.

I have heard so many people say you can go a lot more then 3000 miles before a Oil Change, who would you believe, who would the Service Department believe. Believe me, the Service department will go with what's in writing on a contract, then someone telling them verbely

My contract reads Oil change every 3000 miles with a 1000 mile leeway.

If in doubt read your contract I have. Be safe!

Believe me, We have fought the Lemon Law and won our case, and we have dealt so many times with repairs..... you have to read the fine lines of a contract. We have 3 brand new vehicles and each contract reads different on Maintenance work.
  • Options
    vplazavplaza Member Posts: 47
    It's been a while since I've been back to this board, but yesterday, the dealer FINALLY installed the "prototype" part that they had promised me over a month or so ago.

For those who weren't around when I was whining about this way back, I had filed a BBB claim with GM and the GM business relations person and the GMC dealership service director said that GM had developed a "prototype" part that would fix the problem. After waiting for a REALLY long time, it arrived this week and they installed it yesterday.

It looks like the problem will be solved, though I'm not sure about the lower part of the piece which doesn't go all the way around to the release handle. The gasket looks good to me, but the important part is that it doesn't scrape the paint off anymore. It looks like it did hide the damage done, so I am not sure if the paint scrapes were touched up or not.

I'll try to post pics this weekend or early next week.

And I think they may have also fixed my wandering mirror issue. If they did, then the only thing that bugs me about the vehicle is the lousy gas mileage.

Woohoo!
  • Options
    I showed my service Rep, the rubber gaskets that are just hanging between the front quarter panel and door hinge.........there seems to be dried up glue around the edges,but he said that all the new ones on the lot are same way.......i think a lot of the wind noise reported is coming from this area, and flowing up around the interior windshied area....check yours!
  • Options
    kenymkenym Member Posts: 405
    I am REALLY happy that I didn't buy the Envoy. My Rendezvous is about 9 months old with a little over 11k. I am getting about 20 mpg in the city and about 27 mpg on the open road. Seats 7 very comfortably, has a lot more interior room then the Envoy, rides like a luxury car not a truck and best of all I don't have a problem with the paint the Dealer or anything else for that matter. I really love my Rendezvous.

I wonder how the Envoy became SUV of the year with all the problems it seems to have. In any event I am glad it is your problems and not mine.

Out of all the owners clubs in Edmunds this is definitely the strangest and most interesting to read. Can't wait for the next chapter in the legero8 versus dindak battle of the "half-wits".

Ken
  • Options
    icojonesicojones Member Posts: 61
    because it's a station wagon.
  • Options
    tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    Given Ken's Tone his Rendezvous deserves a ripping:

1. It's basically a man-van not an SUV. Chic Truck meant for a Barbie not a Ken.
    2. MPG is great..7mpg more on the road, but it's a dog with the 3.4l in it and again, it's a wagon.
    3. Even the EXT versions of the Triplets will seat 7 and given size for size...a better choice for comparison since non-EXT's are 5 pass vehicles. Still not the an equal comparison though.
    4. The Triplets hardly ride like a truck. In fact my Trailblazer rides better than the Buick LeSabre and is certainly built tighter structurally.
    5. Buick has it's fair share of issues too. Look into the 3.4l that while a good engine...it's no I6 in the technology dept.
    6.The Buick is basically a cleaned up Aztek and niether is selling that well. Thankfully it's your cousin.
    7. Regarding your comments about the various clubs..sounds like you're a fisherman as you're "Trolling" a lot.

Later Barbie
  • Options
    calucykcalucyk Member Posts: 35
    Has anyone begun to improve the performance of their Vortec 4200? My goal is 300 ft/lb of torque, without losing the "sleeper" sound. As much as I love the power of the I6, I think it could use about another 25 ft/lb of torque for off the line accelaration.

I see that Jet Performance now has stage I and II chips available. See http://www.performanceproducts.com/basket.asp, then specify Chevrolet TrailBlazer. The SKU number is: 176913 and its $311.95.

TLauro, I saw your post over at "GM Truck & Sport Utility Performance Forum". My handle is "Dallas". How are you making out with the exhaust modification/combinations?

• Options
    I saw your posts too. Keep in mind though that what you've seen posted on some retail sites is NOT CORRECT. Jet is about two months out on a chip and even then it will only be air/fuel ratio changes which won't yield much on the I6. Again, there are no Stage I or II chips. Incorrect info. Look for Jet to release the air/fuel chip in July.

The exhaust...on hold due to time. Tried a couple set ups with little luck. Perhaps Walker Quiet Flows, but the resonator is a huge factor on the I6 as it's inherently very loud. Without it, it's not comfortable inside. Back to stock for now as with the resonator, the HP gains are minimal.

Lastly the off-the-line torque is not going to increase with an exhaust. Actually it will drop even more as backpressure decreases. That's the upside to "superchargers and pushrods" Love my GTP :) Only way of gaining torque on the I6 is going to be through forced induction. With the changes taking place to the 5.3l shortly, that will be the motor to have. Given the ease of mods it was the one I wanted but obviously couldn't have at the time.

Whipple is testing a supercharger for the I6. If it's like the one I've seen mounted in place of the Eaton on the 3800's around town...then we'll crank out the torque and HP necessary to move fast.

Good Luck.

tim
    1999 GTP @ 13.689
    2000 Alero "GT" @ 15.591
    2002 Trailblazer LTZ @ 15.675
  • Options
    calucyk/Dallas....Here's a good link that talks about how Headers are an integral part of a system. http://www.ssheaders.com/header.htm

headers don't make the system louder so this could be an option further down the road. I'm not familiar with I6 enough to say there is room for improvement.

lastly, keep in mind all mods are cumlative. after installing headers on my GTP, there was over 27hp and 35ftlbs of torque added. however, if I put them on a stock GTP...those numbers would be less than 1/2 that. hardly worth the cost of a dyno IMO.

tim
  • Options
    mraumrau Member Posts: 50
    I think anyone who wanted a TB or Envoy must have looked at a RDV. But they just aren't the same type vehicles. The RDV gets better mpg, has different options (like Head Up Display), and a lower price. However, the Envoy has true 4x4, a POWERFULL I-6 that everyone loves, and a cool design.
    Remember, the RDV is really a 2nd year vehicle, since the Aztec was out first (they say an Aztec looks like an elephant walking on his tip toes). I think GM was able to work out some things during that time to make way for a nice roll out of the RDV.
    I drove them both, and the Envoy is what I took home. No regrets here.

Mike
  • Options
    Wow that really hurt....Maybe not as much as jumping on a bike without a seat..but it still hurt.

Tim I am not sure I understand what you mean by Tone? I was just stating the obvious from reading the post in this Town Hall and from people I have talked to. I am glad I didn't purchase an Envoy or Trailblazer.

The worst vehicle I have ever owned was a 95 Blazer SLT 4x4. It never ran right, caught on fire once, and rode and rattled like a truck
    ( Which it was ).

As far as the engine in my RDV goes...Well it is a proven engine that will do the speed limit in any state, has no problem with cold starts, and performs very well.

The engine in your TB is more powerful and gets 10 to 12 mpg in the city. Mine is getting 20 + in the city ( where I do most of my driving ). Yours can pull out a tree stump-- mine can't, but heck I can't remember when I wanted to pull out a tree stump anyway.

The maintenance and insurance is more expensive on a 4x4 then on an awd so unless you do a lot off roading which I don't anymore and never really did I don't think the additional cost is worth it. I guess what I am trying to say is there is a lot of pluses and minuses for both vehicles.

As far as the fisherman goes.....Yes I enjoy reading about other vehicles and what the owners have to say about them. "Just makes me appreciate my RDV all the more."

You can call my RDV a wagon or anything else you like-- But the truth of the matter is I wouldn't trade my RDV for a more expensive Envoy or Trailblazer even up.

However if someone offered to trade a ML320 or the MDX for my RDV I would have to give that some serious thought..

Ken
  • Options
    kvilleboykvilleboy Member Posts: 45
    We had a freak hail storm go through the other day while my poor 2 month old '02 Envoy with 3300 miles on it was in my parking lot at work. All I could do was stand there and watch golfball sized hail stones smack it for about 5 minutes.

Fortunately I can only find 4 dimples. The two worst ones are on the hood, one on the passenger side and one on the driver's side about 4 inches in front of the windshield end and about 4 inches from the side edge on each side. There is another very shallow one in about the middle of the hood. The other dimple is on the roof.

My question - has anyone had any direct experience with places like "Dent Wizard" that massage the dents out from the inside with the paintless dent repair system? I really hate to do painting at this point. The color is Magnetic Red, a tri-coat color, and dealer body shop says to do the job right they'd have to completely paint the hood and feather it into the fenders for color match, then clear the hood and both fenders AND then for the one on the roof all of the hardware has to be removed (plastic strips replaced) and the whole roof would need to be cleared.

Insurance doesn't seem to keen on dent wizard, but I can take the check and do what I want. What to do?? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • Options
    NO COMPARISON...PERIOD!!!!......not even worth discussing.....almost bought one, only because of the big difference in money....but again....NO COMPARISON!
  • Options
    dshepherd3dshepherd3 Member Posts: 194
    Small dents on horizontal surfaces do not lend themselves to this technique, have a dent wizard tech. evaluate the dents and see if he will give you assurance he get get them out, you usually can see where the work has been done, so the areas like the hood ar more noticeable than doors and such.
  • Options
    I took my car in yesterday for several things:

License Plate Holder
    Roof Rack Issues
    Engine fan at statup
    HVAC blowing cold on feet
    Weatherstripping on back hatch pealing off
    Steering/car vibrates when turning
    Wandering passenger side mirror

They ordered me the gasket for the license plate holder thanks to the TSB I supplied.

The front tip of the roof rack on the passenger side was warping up. That was fixed.

Engine fan at statup. They told me this was normal and that they've had another Bravada in for the same thing and they currently can't do anything about it. I'm not worried about this, since it goes away after about 2 minutes.

HVAC not blowing hot on feet. They ordered the part as per the TSB. I'll see how that works when it comes and gets installed. If it still blows cold, I'll have them update the software of the HVAC unit.

Weatherstripping, They're going to replace this once I bring the car in for the parts that have been ordered.

Vibration in steering. They said the transfer case fluid was gummed up. They flushed it out and changed it twice. My Bravada no longer vibrates when turning!

Wandering passenger mirror. This doesn't happen often, but I figured they might as well replace the piece as per the TSB. They said the part is unavailable. And reading other messages, it looks like the part is on backorder. No big deal. I can have them check it later.

So all my problems are addressed and should be fixed as soon as the parts arrive. The ONLY other problem they need to address is the fuel gauge. It LOVES to bob up and down. I need to have them order new sensors and change them out of the fuel tank (they already said they would, I just havent told them to go ahead yet)

Now if things stay fixed, I'll be very happy!
  • Options
    Archdukerizzo: what the hell is gummed up fluid?
    I've never heard of anything like that. Maybe it can fix my Bravada (ha ha). It will be interesting to see if that fix lasts. Keep us posted. I am waiting for parts to fix mine. Maybe I will have them change fluid just for the hell of it. How many miles on yours?

As far as the Rendezvous, only the Aztek and Avalanche are uglier GM products. I doubt 27 mpg
    (if it's AWD) as a guy at work get 25 mpg hiway on his 2WD Aztek. I never even considered one.

GAM2
  • Options
    Look, I didn't mean to flame you so badly, but what I meant by your "tone" is that you came to a message area that isn't associated with your vehicle and basically presented some bad attitude about the triplets in comparison to your Buick. You also commented on other posters here, that while may have some spat of sorts going on, are still fellow members and what they have going isn't an all too often occurance. You cetainly can't legitimately form an opinion of them.

Again, my apologies to the entire board for being a bit strong toned in my reply to you earlier, but it was late, I was tired and you came across a bit harsh and appeared to want a response.

Enjoy the RDV, read other areas all you like and do interact, but be aware that what you say about other vehicles in their own posting area.

tim
    sharing this space as well
  • Options
    Tim it is I who owes an apology to you and your board. I am an old person who sometimes speaks with out thinking, and it seems like it is happening more and more. My wife thinks I have to much time on my hands, and I really hate it when she is right. I promise no more comments from me. From now on I will just lurk in the shadows.

Ken
  • Options
    no need to stay quite. all is fine. my wife feels the same, but she's taking a nap on a rain-gloomy day and I'm actually working remotely preparing for a vacation ahead. surfing inbetween ;)

"never be a afraid to make a mistake. fear doing nothing" -unknown
  • Options
    The dealer said that the factory fluid became very very thick.
    Whatever they did worked, but if it happens again, it will do so within 2 months. Also, I only have 3200 miles on my Bravada, it had it's first oil change yesterday as well.

I'll post if anything changes but so far, so good!
  • Options
    storm34storm34 Member Posts: 6
    Pending any last second "issues" when I see it on Monday. Filled out some paperwork today, Finance guy tries to tell me it's 6.9% financing even though I was told it was 5.9% two days ago. I got up to walk out and he agreed to the 5.9%. It's always something :). Gonna wait to see if the gasket is already in otherwise, I'll get it in writing that they need to replace it.
  • Options
    cmack4cmack4 Member Posts: 302
    For what it's worth to the lurkers out there, I wouldn't trade my Bravada in for an MDX... In fact my neighbor has one, and she'd rather trade me for the Bravada... no joke! Sure I've got some minor issues, but notice everything seems to be an easy fix? It would be a real injustice to judge the quality of these vehicles by loose weatherstripping, wandering mirrors, or any of the other minor issues you might run into. Anyone who has ever had one of these up on a rack, been under the hood, or even ridden in one will tell you it's a winner.
  • Options
    Ummm, blown engines, locked up transfer cases, and numerous computer problems are NOT minor issues. Although not everyone has these problems, there are enough posts here to convince me the vehicles are problematic compared to other SUV's. I will be without my Bravada for at least a week. Hopefully this will be the end of the problems. The good news is that my Bravada offers similar performance and luxury as a MDX for $10,000 less.

GAM2
  • Options
    This situation seems to be controlled by the various service dept.'s dedication to seeking out the applicable info and correcting these conditions. Obviously this process varies greatly as all our experiences bear out. This is another instance of you can buy a product anywhere, but when it comes time to repair it, this is what seperates the men from the boys, relating to a dealerships service dept. In defense of the service dept., I will accept that they are somewhat depedent on the factory having an available fix, but there seems to be a lot of instances of ignorance on their part. Just my 2 cents on this, as a former GM service mgr. for CAD/OLDS.
  • Options
    solly51solly51 Member Posts: 4
    Is there any aftermarket product that fills the gap between the headlight and body panel?

Am I the only one having this problem?
  • Options
    flyersruleflyersrule Member Posts: 47
    It has been a while since anybody has mentioned it, but I still have a vibration in the gas pedal between 52 and 60 mph. Has there been any TSBs or has anybody heard anything about it. It is very annoying.

Additionally, it seems as though the floor board area (where my foot rests while pressing the gas pedal) gets a lot of vibration from the engine or something. It is hard to explain, but I feel something - it even seems to get worse with a strong head wind. It seems to happen more at faster speeds too. Does anybody else feel this? Is it just me?

Mark
  • Options
    ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    Anyone having to change out a head light on a TB. Bulb is a Philips HB4 12 v 51 w bulb. Other number is 9006. If you are sure bulb is bad buy it before starting project. It will save you time. You must first remove the entire front grill filler panel. This is the horizontal front wraparound that goes from the center of one headlight lens to the center of the other headlight lens. This part unsnaps at ten locations. Four on the top, two on each side under the top part of the headlight lens's, and two on the bottom edge. After removing the grill, find two pull up tabs on the top surface of the lens containing the burnt out bulb. One is under the fender lip and the other is along the top of the lens toward the radiator. Lift the two pull tabs. Now you can remove the lens enough so you can pry open the approx. 3 inch cover behind the bad bulb. Twist the bulb socket counterclockwise, remove bulb and socket from lens, and remove wiring plug from socket. It's not hard to do, it just takes some figuring out the first time. As a rule I don't like to force open anything, but these snaps are just as the name implies, a snap.

Frank
  • Options
    Talk about changing out lights....why not upgrade too....Check out this:

http://www.timlauro.com/cars/trailblazer/piaa-headlight-stuff/piaa-mod.htm
  • Options
    trek1420btrek1420b Member Posts: 32
    I am still having the pedeal virbration between 58-62 mph. Was told they are working on a fix. I will ask again on my next visit.

I also have a minor vibration in the drivers side mirror. It's been replaced twice so far but they all vibrate at highway speed just enough to be annoying. You don't notice it when viewing a nearby car but more so with cars in the distance. My passenger side mirror is steady as a rock. Any one else have this problem?
  • Options
    mharris6mharris6 Member Posts: 10
    Have had our fully loaded bright red SLT since November. Great car/truck. WE hope it will be a 10 year vehicle...and it may well be.

Ever since I was a youngster I have heard "Do not buy a GM vehiclke in its first production year." I had thought this was an old wives tale, what with modertn electronics, computers, and robots. But it appears it is still true, at theast for the Envoy.

While we love ours, and we just hit 5,000 miles, here are some of the items we have had to deal with:

1. We special ordered a Pewter one with all the goodies. When it came in, we test drove it and it made a funny noice in the front. BY THE WAY, ALWASY...ALWAYS test drive the vehicle you want o purchase...no matter how much your hormones are urging you to take title. The dealer could not find the sopurce of the noise. They suggested that is might be a shortage of lubricant somewhere and it would go away in a few days. SURE...we take it and bring it back if the noise persisted. SUE, we were going to take a complicated vehicle like this with a noice we could already hear>). So we passed on that one and chose one in stock with the same equipment.

2.The tailgate weatrherstrip had to be replaced.
    3. Order splach guards after being told they we a snap to put on. when they got it, it was clear we would have to remove the wheeels to put them on and holes would have to be drilled. No way I was going to do that and the dealer did not ofer to do it gratis, even though I was mislead into how easy they were to install. They did take them back and refunded my $$.

4. WE bought an organizer for the rear. It's nice but I am not sure it was really made for this vehicle.

5.Car would shake when in 4AWD, going foirard and revers in very slow speed. Periodic problem. Source of the problem never found, but it has not recurred in several weeks.

6. All 4 wheels rebalanced.

7. compalied about wondering outside mirrors. Not fixed.

8. Car stays in first gear tooo long. I understand there is a bulletin out on this?

9. SVC engine light and reduced engine power lights on. Throttle body actuater replaced.

10. Same problem as 9. PCM replaced. I think this is the main engine computer.

GM has put over $1,000 into our SLT in less than 9 months.

WE love it and hope the first 6 months is no typical.

By the way, saw the first extended version the other day. Very impressive!!

And last, I have been trying to pull up all the TSBs, but I seem to need a password. How do you get one?
  • Options
    mharris6mharris6 Member Posts: 10
    I was extemely interested in the RDV befoer it hit the stret. I was on Buikc's mailing list and got tons of paper and e-mail. I drovew the first one that hit the dealer. It was loaded.

the interior is great, but the exterior leaves something to be desired. First the AZTEK, then the RDV, what are those folsk at GM drinking/smoking? They both are stone ugly, the RDV a bit less tha the AZTEK.

My first and only drive was horrible. I had been out test driving lots of SUVs and crossover behicles. This was the worse of the lot. Noisy and underpowered is all I can say. Heck, I drove a RODEO that ran better and was quiter, and that is a desgn that is what, 10-20 years old?

WE decided on an SLT which is much more powerful and much quieter.
  • Options
    cmack4cmack4 Member Posts: 302
    mharris6 - check out www.timlauro.com (tlauro's site) for a listing of most of the common tsb's! It sounds like most of your problems can be handled by a reprogram (delay in downshift, service engine light, wandering mirrors)

gam2 - I've said it before, you have reason to be upset, and if I were you I'd check your states lemon laws. Surely your car has been in the shop for more than 30 days? This, however, isn't the norm! Most of the Bravada and other triplet users here haven't had mechanical problems. In fact, your post about the transfer case locking was the first I had ever heard of the problem. With GM selling 30,000 of these things a month... I'd say problems are relatively few. Let's face it, with a lot more of the triplets on the road, your bound to have more occurences of problems as well!
  • Options
    I have that gap on the rt fender to h'lamp and I just gently bent the front edge of the fender inboard slightly to reduce the opening, be careful doing this! As far as the vibration/growl at 60 mph,from the info I've been able to obtain and prior experience with similar problems, this is an exhaust resonance/engine harmonics condition being transmitted to the chassis, no fix yet, but every triplet has it from my understanding.
  • Options
    Well, Several People have asked so, I started to put a few images up.

Check 'em out! Looks like the Color Black rules so far :)

http://www.timlauro.com/cars/trailblazer/other-trailblazers/1-other-triplet-main-page.htm
  • Options
    pamela57pamela57 Member Posts: 11
    I am ready to buy a new auto. I am trying to decide if I should get an Envoy XL, SLE, (don't like leather, have dogs), with the following options, UC6 ( in dash 6 disc changer), CFS (sliding sun roof), BVE (running boards), 1SD (SLE premo package & towing). I saw a post that said something about an option 1SK (?) what is that? Over all is everyone happy with the Envoy XL? Does anyone know what the difference is between a moon roof and a sun roof? I am also considering an Explorer 4WD, XLT, Loaded V8. What do you think? Would buy tomorrow if I could choose between the two. Please help, Thank you, Pam
  • Options
    paulpropaulpro Member Posts: 56
    I would like to replace the stock wheels that came with my Envoy. I know they are not readily available. Can anyone suggest different sites that I can begin my search for a set? Using Google and "Envoy wheel" brings up a lot of references to either the release of the triplets or wheel sites that have wheels for the older s15 series vehicles.

Thanks for any leads

Paul P
  • Options
    Paulpro: Try tirerack.com for wheels and tires. They usually have the best selection.

My Bravada has been in the shop for a week now, I took delivery March 1. There is at least one other post regarding transfer case problems. Let's not forget, the dealer is not sure this is the problem. They are doing what GM tech service is telling them. Several others think the rear end may be the cause. I guess time will tell. Regardless, my vehicle has been in the shop more than my last two vehicle combined.
    Everyone (GM included) requires ISO quality cerftification for them and their vendors. Obviously it's not working. Thanks for letting me vent........

GAM2
  • Options
    bruser1bruser1 Member Posts: 31
    Saw this at tirerack - anyone done this mod?

Suspension Products for Chevrolet TrailBlazer 2wd 2002

The Eibach Pro-Kit lowering spring set improves your vehicle's looks and performance. Pro-Kit springs lower the vehicle's center of gravity, reducing body roll in the turns, dive under braking, squat during acceleration and give the car a more solid secure feel at all times. Pro-Kit Springs also minimize the ugly fender gap that makes a car look "lifted." Eibach Pro-Kit Springs..."The look that performs."
    Eibach recommends an Alignment Kit for some applications, which can both extend tire life and improve handling. They have details on price and availability at the site.
    Update to the synthetic tranny fluid. I'm going with Redline instead of Amsoil. I'll keep you guys posted when everything is complete. Still have to order the stuff and find a shop to change it. Bruce
  • Options
    funitsfunits Member Posts: 55
    My Envoy's driver side mirror has had the "flutters" since it was new (on highway only at speeds above 60 mph). Now the weather is warmer, some days the mirror doesn't vibrate/flutter at all (and of course, the day I had the Envoy at the dealer for oil change, the mirror was steady as a rock at all speeds!). I notice a slight "vibration/shimmy" on the highway, BUT ONLY AFTER the dealer installed 4 mud flaps (the GMC logo, had plastic type). I felt this vibration driving back from the dealership after the mud flaps had been installed (going to the dealership, before mud flaps, no vibration). To prove the mud flaps are the problem (in my case), I should take them off and see if the vibration is gone. But, it is too much work and it does not bother me that much.
  • Options
    bruser1bruser1 Member Posts: 31
    Saw this at tirerack - anyone done this mod?

Suspension Products for Chevrolet TrailBlazer 2wd 2002

The Eibach Pro-Kit lowering spring set improves your vehicle's looks and performance. Pro-Kit springs lower the vehicle's center of gravity, reducing body roll in the turns, dive under braking, squat during acceleration and give the car a more solid secure feel at all times. Pro-Kit Springs also minimize the ugly fender gap that makes a car look "lifted." Eibach Pro-Kit Springs..."The look that performs."
    Eibach recommends an Alignment Kit for some applications, which can both extend tire life and improve handling. They have details on price and availability at the site.
    Update to the synthetic tranny fluid. I'm going with Redline instead of Amsoil. I'll keep you guys posted when everything is complete. Still have to order the stuff and find a shop to change it. Bruce
  • Options
    tblazedtblazed Member Posts: 945
    Bruce "bruser1' I would like to see details of the suspension lowering kit. If you posted a link it got removed. Please copy and paste the URL to that. I would at least consider lowering my TB 1" in ft and 2" in rear just a mild lowering to improve handling and stability on the road.

And Lee "funits" I installed the molded Chevy mud guards and have absolutely no change in vibration or wind noise (what I was concerned with). Since I did it myself I know the rear wheels need to be removed to put on the rear guards. I always mark the position of the tire-wheel [non-permissible content removed]'y in relation to the hub by marking which lug is closest to the valve stem to prevent any possibility of something not being balanced the way it was. If everything was balanced with the tire-wheel [non-permissible content removed]'y mounted on the hub in the original position then I put it back together in the same position. True it shouldn't make any difference but it can. Also maybe they didn't get one or both of the rear wheels on straight or didn't hand-torque the lug nuts properly.