Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• Options
    jimmyp1atworkjimmyp1atwork Member Posts: 42
    Looks great! Looks incredible actually. I love the lowered stance. I did see the post in modifications, and saw the story about the strut top popping out and dinging the hood...sorry to hear about that. I'm glad to see it shined up. Keep up the good work.

Jim
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    It's running well, put on almost 6K miles already. :) Still have a bunch of stuff to do on it yet. Also we had a guy in with a WRX v2 motor this past weekend who is getting a FMIC in about a month. He's gonna sell me his v2 Intercooler which is a direct bolt-in on the legacy motor. Once I get that the MBC and gauges will go in so we can raise the boost :)

-mike
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Looks sharp, mike. Keep the shiny side up. :o)

-juice
  • Options
    lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984

• Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    Looks good Loosh. I'm throwing this pic up for a comparison, like a before:after. :)

-Brian
  • Options
    locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    Eggzerent!

~c
  • Options
    does the polished lip offset your loathing of anthracite? Or are you accusing me of long-grain? :-)
  • Options
    lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    That anthracite is a good bit darker than what OZ calls "anthracite" on the Superlegs (see pic below), though about the same as what passes for "anthracite" on the P1s (!?!):

Nice look.

Ed
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
  • Options
    being positive! I still would prefer plain ol' silver... actually gold first, then silver.

but hey, honestly, lookin' good. :)

~c
  • Options
    Wifey ixnayed the oldgay. I tried, since there was a local set of OZ SLs in gold at one time. I think th eproblem is that she's a TX transplant to the East Coast. And her first impression of Gold accents on cars when she got here was....um, er...how shall I put this.....decidedly NOT JDM, but rather Def Jam.

Ed- However, I still lust for a set of SLs!! Nice pic!
  • Options
    and those wondering what a java black F-XT looks like with or without tint can compare our pics as well ;-)

Loosh, what did that set you back? What %? Guess I'm still ga-ga over my F-XT to have noticed I haven't got the rears tinted yet.

-Brian
  • Options
    it's 20%, B-Pillars back. Set me back $100 thanks to a little Nabisco hook-up magic. Laser Cut 3M semi-metallic-no-purple-whatchamadilly
  • Options
    A very special thank you to Colin for putting up with something on the order of 50 angst-ridden emails regarding every possible wheel, tire, and offset combination known in the western spiral arm of the galaxy! :D
  • Options
    Loosh probably just watched the "Soul Plane" trailer ;-)

-Brian
  • Options
    btw loosh, I didn't ignore your last one intentionally-- you sent it to work and I was on vacation for a week.

the one listed here on edmunds hits everywhere.

~c
  • Options
    heh, no worries, mate. I'm happy with the choice. I talked to a friend of mine yesterday with a BMW 525i Touring, running BMW knock-off 17s. He's on his 10th rim, thanks to my lovely city's streets. 2 sets plus 2. So I think light as hell forged 16s are a decent compromise. If nothing else, I'm saving 5 pounds a corner in unsprung weight.
  • Options
    that's nuts. the roads are very nice here for someplace that gets a real winter-- and if you do hit a pothole (not in a marked construction zone), the local gummint actually does pay up on your claim. eventually.

~c
  • Options
  • Options
    hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    Ed-
    bigbadob is down, or your file was misteriously erased from or misplaced in their server.

-Dave
  • Options
    bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    You sent Colin only 50 emails? LOL.

BTW, Ed.
    Loosh and I are thinking of meeting up one of these days. We might invite ourselves over to your place since it's about a halfway point. :D

Or maybe Patti can do a quickie SoA tour.

-Dennis
  • Options
    After my vacation in VA and even NYC, coming back to baltimore streets was appalling. One of my nabisco mates leaves his lowered Legacy at home when he comes to town for a get together. He'd rather show up in a Grand Am than put up with the jackhammer ride.
  • Options
    Maybe the outer borough roads (Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, Grand Central Pkwy ) are more like Baltimore. Those will definitely rattle you.

-Dennis
  • Options
    hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    The local municipality here routinely deny every claim, and they get away with over 90%.

I swear to God they have an under the table deal with body and suspension shops in the city.

On one particular street, Alta Vista Drive, all the freakin manholes are at least 3 inchs lower than the pavement.

Driving down this street is almost like driving autocross trying to miss the suckers:-)

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    see, I always knew Kansas wasn't all that bad. LOL

~c
  • Options
    Colin, take me home TooToo EH!:-)

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Loosh,

I just had the chance to catch up and see your photos of the new rims. Nice! The rims give your XT a very menacing look.

Ken
  • Options
    You don't say. I think I'm much closer to you than to Loosh.

It would be a good opportunity for Loosh to practice diaper changes if he so desires. ;-p

Ed
  • Options
    Cayenne Turbo S diaper runs!

So wait a minute....where exactly are you two guys?
  • Options
    I'm about 120 miles from you, Loosh, and about 50 miles from Dennis.

Ed
  • Options

• Options
    I OCD'd the OEM rims today. Had to use degreaser on the oil undercoating stuff that was on 'em. And the lugs were coated with this stuff too. My fingers are all nice and degreased as well ;-)

Cleaned up nice. Did not know that the OEM's were Enkie's (there's a stamping on the underside, as is the 48 for the offset {so I think}).

-Brian
  • Options
    Very fine loosh, wheels are definitely a big improvement, although I am like Colin my personal preference is a straight silver wheel.

Again though the Anthracite on yours appears to be lighter in colour than most of the Anthracite I have seen.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    What size tires are you running? They look larger than stock.

Bob
  • Options
    with 225/60/16 tires. so the tires are bigger.
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Nice job, Loosh. Those tires look BEEFY! How do they ride?

Ken
  • Options
    Thos rims are bling bling! :)

Should fit in well in baltimore :)

-mike
  • Options
    Oh they ride fine. A little tramlining, but certainly miles more adhesion than OEM.

I guess a NJ guido knows his bling, eh? :-) Ain't nothin in Baltimore bling we didn't learn from you guys.
  • Options
    NJ? I'm from New Yawk, and bling is from the inner city gangsta rappers... Now if you had a caddu with fake landau top.... :)

-mike
  • Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    and don't forget the spinners!

Jim
  • Options
    Looks sharp, especially w/tint.

Though the OCD in me sees a cicada in the radiator. ;-)

Tires look big-fat-pimpin', same size as mine by the way.

-juice
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    His windows look tinted but they're not. The rims match the paint nicely, IMO. Say bye to the classic Legacy, that was the very last 2004 Legacy sedan at Fitz.

-juice
  • Options
    My favorite subie color!

-mike
  • Options
    Hey, you goin' to Gaithersburg tonight? Call me if you want to meet up, I'm right there basically. You have my cell I believe.

-juice
  • Options
    But the brakes on the trailer aren't working so I have to get that fixed, I'll give you a ring when I find out when I'm heading down.

-mike
  • Options
    surge or regular brakes?

~c
  • Options
    We trouble shooted them over the weekend. Thought it was the controller or wiring, but the signal is making it's way back to the hubs. So the problem lies in the hubs.

-mike
  • Options
    goneskiiangoneskiian Member Posts: 381
    Yup, that's right! I'm officially a crew member!

Here's the proof:

It's a 2005 Legacy GT Ltd. Wagon with 5MT in Brilliant Silver Metallic. I also got the Pop. Equip. Group #1 (which includes the upgraded perimeter security system and auto-dimming mirror with compass) and the subwoofer/amplifier.

<Pee Wee Herman> I'm the luckiest boy in the world! </Pee Wee Herman>

Cheers!
    -Ian
This discussion has been closed.