Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    spockihanaspockihana Member Posts: 46

Hi. Can anyone tell me how tied to credit score the money factor is? I haven't started to negotiate the MF yet, but dealer quoted me .00092 on a 2014 GLI 30 and said it could get better if I have a 800+ credit score.

That seems sketchy. Also, my credit score is 719. Should I expect the .00057 MF? Anyone want to share their credit score? :-)

Thanks for any help.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319

@spockihana said:
    Hi. Can anyone tell me how tied to credit score the money factor is? I haven't started to negotiate the MF yet, but dealer quoted me .00092 on a 2014 GLI 30 and said it could get better if I have a 800+ credit score.

That seems sketchy. Also, my credit score is 719. Should I expect the .00057 MF? Anyone want to share their credit score? :-)

Thanks for any help.

Every manufacturer has a tiered MF rate based on credit score .. but, the formulas are all different. The only thing I see in the VW program is that their "A+" tier requires a FICO of 740 or higher - for CPO purchases. No information on credit scores and money factor.

Also, the dealers are able to increase the MF to add more profit. You may want to reach out to a second VW dealer and see if they will offer you the base MF of .00057.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

Hmm...makes me wonder if it would be better to make a 1,000 payment on my credit card to raise my credit score rather than pay them an extra 1,000 over the course of the lease.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266

@spockihana said:
    Hmm...makes me wonder if it would be better to make a 1,000 payment on my credit card to raise my credit score rather than pay them an extra 1,000 over the course of the lease.

You should let them run your credit, and see what you come up with. You don't need A+ tier to get the best rate, only A-tier (on a VC lease). I'm not sure where that cutoff is, but it's probably 700+.

If they drop you in the B-tier, that's another matter, but I doubt making a $1000 credit card payment will make the difference. If your debt ratio is good, in addition to the good credit score, and you haven't had any car payment issues, then you should qualify for the best rate. Sometimes, dealers have a little pull, if the credit score is close, so I would insist on the best, base MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thanks for all the feedback! :-)

• Options
    edited April 2014
    • 31,695 MSRP
    • 28,761 Selling
    • 31,320 Cap (total amount financed with full tax included)
    • .00057 MF
    • 57% Residual
    • 396.33 month

$0 at signing.

Good deal?

• Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724

Hey guys! I have yet to finalize a deal. I have been very busy! April is apparently the same deal as march. The same cars are there. I am leaning towards the SEL if they can get me low enough. I haven't test driven them yet. I need to make a choice soon. I keep adding miles on my current trade.

• Options
    julio91julio91 Member Posts: 158

Guys, Can I get numbers for 2014 Jetta S,SE, SEL for 36 months 12K a year credit score above 720, and what incentives. thanks guys Appreciate all your help. @michaell @kyfdx

• Options
    andrea0407andrea0407 Member Posts: 2

Hi, What is the current residual value for a 2014 VW 4dr DSG GLI Edition 30 with Navigation PZEV Sedan for 36 months; 12K/yr? 15K/yr?
    I am looking for a low monthly payment but this would be my first time leasing a vehicle so I am not too familiar with this and what I should be looking at to figure out if it's a good deal or not.
    I am going tonight to the dealer to get a value on my current car and see about this specific Jetta.
    Any help in advance would be appreciated!

• Options

@julio91 said:
    Guys, Can I get numbers for 2014 Jetta S,SE, SEL for 36 months 12K a year credit score above 720, and what incentives. thanks guys Appreciate all your help. michaell kyfdx

S - .00058 and 54%

SE and SEL - .00040 and 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options

@andrea0407 said:
    Hi, What is the current residual value for a 2014 VW 4dr DSG GLI Edition 30 with Navigation PZEV Sedan for 36 months; 12K/yr? 15K/yr?
    I am looking for a low monthly payment but this would be my first time leasing a vehicle so I am not too familiar with this and what I should be looking at to figure out if it's a good deal or not.
    I am going tonight to the dealer to get a value on my current car and see about this specific Jetta.
    Any help in advance would be appreciated!

GLI - .00057 and 55% (15K) - add 2% for 12K

You want to make sure you negotiate the selling price of the car, just like you would on a purchase. The residual values are fixed, but the money factor can be marked up by the dealer, so watch for that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    andrea0407andrea0407 Member Posts: 2

Thank you! Will keep that in mind

• Options
    kevhollywood1kevhollywood1 Member Posts: 11

Hi. What are lease terms for 2014 Jetta SE with Connectivity and Sunroof at 12k/year for 24 months and 36 months?

• Options

@kevhollywood1 said:
    Hi. What are lease terms for 2014 Jetta SE with Connectivity and Sunroof at 12k/year for 24 months and 36 months?

.00040 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. 60% residual for 24mo, 12K/yr.

$1250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    double_jdouble_j Member Posts: 10

Do Jetta sportwagons (non-diesel) get the same lease terms as the sedans? If not, I'd like to know the current terms for a SE sportwagon. 3 year/12K miles, excellent credit.

Also, we're turning in a CC lease this month and are looking to lease two new cars - Jetta S (sticker of $18,900), and either a Jetta SE sportwagon or Tiguan S 2WD (either would sticker at around $26,000). Regular fuel models, not diesel.

Based on the specials I've seen for April, I'm thinking that we'd like to go in and ask that we get both cars with 3 year/12K leases for about $400 per month total (about $375 per month pre-tax). I know it's not the best idea to put down payments on leases but we'd probably do $3500 down in total.

Think this is a reasonable going in position?

• Options

@double_j said:
    Do Jetta sportwagons (non-diesel) get the same lease terms as the sedans? If not, I'd like to know the current terms for a SE sportwagon. 3 year/12K miles, excellent credit.

Actually, no. Sportwagen Gas MF is .00012 and residual 52%.

Also, we're turning in a CC lease this month and are looking to lease two new cars - Jetta S (sticker of $18,900), and either a Jetta SE sportwagon or Tiguan S 2WD (either would sticker at around $26,000). Regular fuel models, not diesel.

Based on the specials I've seen for April, I'm thinking that we'd like to go in and ask that we get both cars with 3 year/12K leases for about $400 per month total (about $375 per month pre-tax). I know it's not the best idea to put down payments on leases but we'd probably do $3500 down in total.

Think this is a reasonable going in position?

Lease two cars for $400/mo total? If they were both the Jetta S, perhaps. But, since the other vehicle has a much higher sticker price, I don't think that's an achievable goal.

You should work each deal separately and aim for the best selling price and the base MF in each case.

BTW, the numbers for the Tiguan S are .00003 and 57% for 36/12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Are any of you able to tell if VW is going to offer more lease cash for the SEL? I am totally kicking myself for not doing anything last month. Now I have to wait until (IF), VW will offer the dealer extra cash incentives to get the cars moving. Now, the same deal is not to be had without that cash. I told my salesmen I will come back at the end of this month. I am hoping they will. My dealer mentioned VW offered them more incentives to move the cars on the last few days of April. That is why they quoted $299 on an SEL.

• Options

@bvdj84 said:
    Are any of you able to tell if VW is going to offer more lease cash for the SEL? I am totally kicking myself for not doing anything last month. Now I have to wait until (IF), VW will offer the dealer extra cash incentives to get the cars moving. Now, the same deal is not to be had without that cash. I told my salesmen I will come back at the end of this month. I am hoping they will. My dealer mentioned VW offered them more incentives to move the cars on the last few days of April. That is why they quoted $299 on an SEL.

No way for us to know when, or even if, the manufacturers are going to change their lease incentives from month to month, or even within a given month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    BTW, the numbers for the Tiguan S are .00003 and 57% for 36/12K.

Thanks. I guess the question is how tight are the national specials? Are they truly lowest offer type deals or is there still room to improve?

Vw has national lease deals for both the Jetta and Tiguan. Jetta is $159/mo for 3/36 with 2400 down on a manual transmission stripper. Since we want an auto trans but no other options, this should raise the lease payment to about $190/mo pre tax (all other terms equal).

Tiguan is $199/mo with 2999 down, assumed sticker in fine print is 26,600. Before any other changes, I'm pretty close. To get to the number I'm looking for, I'd basically need the dealer to find a way to reduce our cap costs by ~$2000.

Both lease specials say that they already require dealer contributions of about 1,400 for the Jetta and 2,000 for the Tiguan. Question is are these contributions an assumed reduction of sticker price or are they 'extra' lease incentives given to the dealer? If the former, asking for more concessions might be a stretch. If the latter, it might be somewhat realistic.

• Options

@double_j said:
    Thanks. I guess the question is how tight are the national specials? Are they truly lowest offer type deals or is there still room to improve?

Vw has national lease deals for both the Jetta and Tiguan. Jetta is $159/mo for 3/36 with 2400 down on a manual transmission stripper. Since we want an auto trans but no other options, this should raise the lease payment to about $190/mo pre tax (all other terms equal).

Tiguan is $199/mo with 2999 down, assumed sticker in fine print is 26,600. Before any other changes, I'm pretty close. To get to the number I'm looking for, I'd basically need the dealer to find a way to reduce our cap costs by ~$2000.

Both lease specials say that they already require dealer contributions of about 1,400 for the Jetta and 2,000 for the Tiguan. Question is are these contributions an assumed reduction of sticker price or are they 'extra' lease incentives given to the dealer? If the former, asking for more concessions might be a stretch. If the latter, it might be somewhat realistic.

Yes, the national specials do not necessarily reflect the best price you can negotiate with the dealer, and the dealer contribution is usually a discount off MSRP, not any sort of 'extra' incentives from VW.

But, you're looking at putting more than $5K down, which is never a good idea in a lease. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money, even with GAP insurance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Thanks for the info. We ended up doing a deal over the weekend. SO threw a monkey wrench into the program by falling in love with the Jetta Sportwagon over the Tiguan (I was planning more for the Tiguan since the national lease offer was a more generous starting point.)

End result, we leased a Jetta S for $200/mo with $1500 down (sticker of $19,600). We also leased a Sportwagon S for $240/mo with another $1500 down. Sticker on the wagon was $23,900. Both leases are 3 year/12K and the numbers are before tax (another 7% on top).

Since I didn't run specific numbers on the wagon before going to the dealership, I ended up flying by the seat of my pants with the salesman. Surprisingly, the numbers looked pretty good when I ran them myself after the fact (I'm a glutton for punishment). I might have been able to push for another couple of bucks off per month but there's something to be said for a negotiation that took all of 10 minutes.

• Options

@double_j said:
    Thanks for the info. We ended up doing a deal over the weekend. SO threw a monkey wrench into the program by falling in love with the Jetta Sportwagon over the Tiguan (I was planning more for the Tiguan since the national lease offer was a more generous starting point.)

End result, we leased a Jetta S for $200/mo with $1500 down (sticker of $19,600). We also leased a Sportwagon S for $240/mo with another $1500 down. Sticker on the wagon was $23,900. Both leases are 3 year/12K and the numbers are before tax (another 7% on top).

Since I didn't run specific numbers on the wagon before going to the dealership, I ended up flying by the seat of my pants with the salesman. Surprisingly, the numbers looked pretty good when I ran them myself after the fact (I'm a glutton for punishment). I might have been able to push for another couple of bucks off per month but there's something to be said for a negotiation that took all of 10 minutes.

Congratulations! Two leases for a total of $471/mo with tax is a pretty good deal. Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

I am getting ready to tackle a deal that I missed last month!! Can you tell me if dealers are going to be offered incentives to move last minute deals since tomorrow is the last day. I am looking to get this over with. Please let me know. My salesmen mentioned that they have not posted any extra incentives. Last month on the last day they offered an extra $2,000 to get another deal. Let me know what you think. I am ready to be done with all of this. Please read the above posts on my experiences thus far. :)

• Options

If VW gets a special deal at the last minute, that isn't information that we are going to have..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Is it a good idea to check around to other dealers before moving in on a deal? My dealer is now offering me a deal of $350 a month, $0 down, 48mth on an 2014 SE with roof. This is them trading my 2011 Jetta SE RF lease with 54,400 miles on it. They are giving me 11,500 for the trade (GOOD OR BAD?). I want the SEL this time around. What can I do to get them to this range of $350 a month. Is this possible on an SEL? They say it is not possible. Though in March they were willing. They say the extra cash is gone!!
    They are really wanting my business. But, others have told me to check around. The next dealer is an hour away though! They are the only dealer I have worked with.

I am wanting to wrap this up! I can't take any road trips until this is resolved.

• Options

Introducing competition can't hurt... you won't know what another dealer can do, until you ask them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60

Hi guys, what's the MF and RV for a 2014 Jetta TDI (36mo, 15k)? Thanks!

• Options

@1985mb said:
    Hi guys, what's the MF and RV for a 2014 Jetta TDI (36mo, 15k)? Thanks!

.00039 MF and 55% residual. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    errepeceerrepece Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2014

Hi. I've been offered an SE with Connectivity and Sunroof for $315 a month, $0 down, 36 months, and 12,000 miles per year. State is New Hampshire. MSRP is $24,255 but selling price is around $1,800 less than that. Do you think it's a good deal? Thanks in advance!

• Options
    agrizzleagrizzle Member Posts: 2
    Hello, could you please share the money factor for a 2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn and then just a regular GLI, and any lease cash for each? Thanks!
  • Options
    agrizzleagrizzle Member Posts: 2
    Oh and residiual values too, please.
  • Options

@errepece said:
    Hi. I've been offered an SE with Connectivity and Sunroof for $315 a month, $0 down, 36 months, and 12,000 miles per year. State is New Hampshire. MSRP is $24,255 but selling price is around $1,800 less than that. Do you think it's a good deal? Thanks in advance!

No! $1500 lease cash on this model, this month.. they are barely coming off of MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@agrizzle said:
    Hello, could you please share the money factor for a 2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn and then just a regular GLI, and any lease cash for each? Thanks!

.00039 MF and 54% residual for either, for 36mo, 15K/yr. No lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thank you for all the support!! I am wondering if you could work out a lease on an SEL, 36 or 48th, 12k a year, $0 down. That way I can see the raw deal without my trade being factored. This will help me out greatly!!!! :)

• Options

@bvdj84 said:
    Thank you for all the support!! I am wondering if you could work out a lease on an SEL, 36 or 48th, 12k a year, $0 down. That way I can see the raw deal without my trade being factored. This will help me out greatly!!!! :)

Sure... but, you'll have to supply the MSRP and projected selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dbells00dbells00 Member Posts: 12

How does this look?

Jetta w/ connectivity and sunroof:

MSRP $24,585
    Discount $2,752
    Fees: $102.50

Total: $21,935.50

36 months, 12Kmiles, First month only at signing, $322/mo. $1500 at signing = $286/mo.

• Options
    rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

Didn't Jetta used to be inexpensive? Seems like they're now priced higher than Accord, Camry, Altima, and other cars that compete with Passat.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

@dbells00 said:
    How does this look?

MSRP $24,585
    Discount $2,752

36 months, 12Kmiles, First month only at signing, $322/mo. $1500 at signing = $286/mo.

Identical car my son got in February. Same 36/36. He paid $285, including tax and tags rolled in, pure sign and drive. I think all the snow and ice helped. We are in NJ.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options

@dbells00 said:
    How does this look?

MSRP $24,585
    Discount $2,752

Using your MSRP and selling price with the MF of .00046 and residual of 52% I get a pre-tax payment of $270.16 for 36mo/12K.

Methinks the money factor may be getting marked up on you. Check with the dealer on what they are using to get to the $322/mo figure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

Also need to know all the taxes that may be rolled in.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 138

Hi.

What are current MF and Residual on 36 month 12k/year lease on SE/Conn. & SE/Conn./Sunroof in CA?

Thanks!

• Options

@roadragee said:
    Hi.

What are current MF and Residual on 36 month 12k/year lease on SE/Conn. & SE/Conn./Sunroof in CA?

Thanks!

.00046 MF and 52% residual. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kris113kris113 Member Posts: 20

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what I can expect to pay on a lease for the Jetta SE if the MSRP is $21,085 and I will only need 12,000 miles/year? I don't plan on putting any money down for the car except for paying tax/title/license upfront and I am in NJ if that helps. Thanks!

• Options

@kris113 said:
    Can anyone give me a rough idea of what I can expect to pay on a lease for the Jetta SE if the MSRP is $21,085 and I will only need 12,000 miles/year? I don't plan on putting any money down for the car except for paying tax/title/license upfront and I am in NJ if that helps. Thanks!

Please provide the lease term and negotiated selling price, and we can calculate a payment for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    germanjohngermanjohn Member Posts: 7

LOOKING AT THE 14 JETTA SE w/ CONN ANS SR. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE LEASE AND/OR LOYALTY REBATE, AND THE RESIDUAL/MONEY FACTOR FOR A 36/36 LEASE?

• Options

@germanjohn said:
    LOOKING AT THE 14 JETTA SE w/ CONN ANS SR. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE LEASE AND/OR LOYALTY REBATE, AND THE RESIDUAL/MONEY FACTOR FOR A 36/36 LEASE?

.00046 and 52% for a 36mo/12K lease. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@Michaell said:
    .00046 and 52% for a 36mo/12K lease. $1500 lease cash.

THANKS. HOW BOUT 48/48?

• Options

@germanjohn said:
    THANKS. HOW BOUT 48/48?

First, may I kindly ask that you turn off the caps lock. Thanks.

For a 48 month lease, the MF jumps to .00100 and the residual drops to 45%. Not nearly as attractive, even if you stretch out the payments for another 12 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Ok, thanks, and sorry bout the caps.

• Options

@germanjohn said:
    Ok, thanks, and sorry bout the caps.

Best of luck with your shopping. Let us know how it all turns out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.