Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,286
edited February 1 in Volkswagen
Welcome to the Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Volkswagen Jetta leasing questions.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Jetta, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Volkswagen Jetta page.

To see all forums discussions about the Volkswagen Jetta, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Volkswagen Jetta discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

Comments

• seito1221seito1221 Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Hello host, what is the residual and money factor for a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE w/ sunroof and conn? Thanks in advance!
    P.s. 12k per yr and 15k per yr
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,847
    2014 Jetta SE 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00036 MF and 54% residual... Add 2% for 12K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi Host,

Does this offer sound decent? Thanks!

2014 Jetta TDI Premium pkg (no Navigation) $300 total due (DMV fee), 42 months 15000 per year = $368 per month.
    2014 Jetta gas SEL (With Navigation) $300 total due, 42 months 15000 miles per year = $368. per month

Thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Yes, I also like to know what is truly a good deal. I am looking to trade for a new lease. I was quoted the following.

2014 Jetta SE/Con, Roof, $347, 15k, 48mth, $0 down

2014 Jetta SEL $372, 15k, 48mth, $0 down.

They are stating there are very good incentives this month.

Please let us know. I have been looking at the same cars too.
  • pgo1pgo1 Posts: 9
    Hi,

Could you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2014 Jetta SE with Connectivity?
    I would like the numbers for both a 10K and 12K mile lease.

Thanks,

Paul
    2014 Jetta SE 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00036 MF and 56% residual. $500 lease cash

Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

• pgo1pgo1 Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info on the SE with connectivity.

Could you please also tell me the MF and residual are for a 2014 Jetta
    TDI with Premium Package?

Best,

Paul
  • Hi kyfdx,

Thank you for your response to my question in the GTI thread. Could you please post the numbers for a 2014 GLI base and Autobahn (both with dsg) for 3yr/15k?

Thanks again, you rock,

S
    2014 GLI 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00138 MF and 58% residual

Options or trim line have no effect on those numbers.

regards,
    kyfdx

• Is this residual different based on the state you live in? I'm looking to lease a GLI Autobahn tomorrow and the sales person is telling me the residual value is .56 for 15k. California lease.

edited December 2013

@gk848evo said: Is this residual different based on the state you live in? I'm looking to lease a GLI Autobahn tomorrow and the sales person is telling me the residual value is .56 for 15k. California lease.

The information that I have is the program is nationwide. Dealers can't really play with residuals.... so, either the dealer is correct, and CA residuals are different.. or, he is just wrong.. lol. Also, these numbers are for the latest "Sign then Drive" leases. If the lease is structured differently, you might get different numbers (though, I doubt the residual would be different).

kyfdx

• grndstnygrndstny Posts: 3
    edited December 2013

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: 2014 Jetta SE 36mo, 12K/yr lease .00036 MF and 56% residual. $500 lease cash

Add 1% for 10K/yr

regards, kyfdx

are these numbers the same for December? I'm also looking for a 2014 Jetta se w/ connectivity. Thanks!

• Hi, can you give me the MF and Residual for a 2014 VW Jetta SEL for a 10,000 mile, 36 month lease? Can you also do the same for the 2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn with NAV? Thank you

@grndstny said:

Yes... the numbers are the same

@scottband said: Hi, can you give me the MF and Residual for a 2014 VW Jetta SEL for a 10,000 mile, 36 month lease? Can you also do the same for the 2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn with NAV? Thank you

2014 Jetta SEL 36mo, 10K/yr lease

.00036 MF and 57% residual

GLI: .00138 MF and 61% residual

kyfdx

• paulokepauloke Posts: 2

Hi, What is the current residual value for a 2014 VW GLI Manual Autobahn with Nav for 36 months; 12K/yr? I believe the interest rate is 0.9% which translates to 0.00038 money factor (.009/24) is that correct? I know how to calculate a typical lease, can someone tell me how to calculate a one payment lease? Is the money factor lower for a one payment lease? Are there any current rebates or incentives on the vehicle? Thanks

• paulokepauloke Posts: 2

Why doesn't Edmunds show all of the current VW incentives/rebates being offered? They list $500 off the Jetta, but there is an additional $2000 offered (I'm not sure of the form; i.e. cash to dealer? rebate? etc?). One of my local dealers is offering a 2014 (not a 2013) GLI manual autobahn with Navi, list with options $29,960 for $26,151 until the end of January 2014. Similar savings on the 2014 automatics as well. There are similar savings of other models besides the Jetta. What's up with that Edmunds????? (I believe Motor Trend has them listed online)

@pauloke said: Hi, What is the current residual value for a 2014 VW GLI Manual Autobahn with Nav for 36 months; 12K/yr? I believe the interest rate is 0.9% which translates to 0.00038 money factor (.009/24) is that correct? I know how to calculate a typical lease, can someone tell me how to calculate a one payment lease? Is the money factor lower for a one payment lease? Are there any current rebates or incentives on the vehicle? Thanks

The APRs offered on purchases do not necessarily coincide with the money factor offered.

.00050 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

A one-pay lease is calculated as though it were being paid normally, just with a money factor reduction to account for the upfront payment. VW MF deduction for a one-pay lease is .0010, but that might not be allowed with a subsidized money factor (most of their MFs are subsidized).

I don't have the incentive information, unless it is lease specific. I don't see any extra incentives on the GLI.

@pauloke said: Why doesn't Edmunds show all of the current VW incentives/rebates being offered? They list $500 off the Jetta, but there is an additional $2000 offered (I'm not sure of the form; i.e. cash to dealer? rebate? etc?). One of my local dealers is offering a 2014 (not a 2013) GLI manual autobahn with Navi, list with options $29,960 for $26,151 until the end of January 2014. Similar savings on the 2014 automatics as well. There are similar savings of other models besides the Jetta. What's up with that Edmunds????? (I believe Motor Trend has them listed online)

I'm not involved in the non-forums content, so I can't answer your question.. There may be certain finance or sales-specific dealer bonuses that aren't "attached" to the vehicle.

I see that Jetta Hybrid leases have $2000 cash attached, and the 1.8T engines have $1250, but nothing on the GLI... For that kind of deal, make sure they aren't marking up your money factor.. Good luck!

• jjm14jjm14 Posts: 6

Can someone provide the MF and residual for a 2014 Jetta S -- 3yrs at 12K per

Thank you!

.00010 MF and 55% residual. $750 lease cash

• jjm14jjm14 Posts: 6

Thanks!

And to ask a dumb question - the "lease cash" is what the dealer would get if they originate the lease (i.e. though they/dealer could take this out of your cap cost assuming you/buyer know about it)?

It's lease bonus cash on that model.(above any normal amount they may get for writing the lease) I'm not sure if they can hide that, or not. Either way, take it into account when making your offer.

• jimziggjimzigg Posts: 11

Looking for MF and Residuals for 36/15k leases in WI: 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen S manual trans 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI no NAv no Roof manual trans

Gas: .0009 MF and 51% residual. $750 lease cash

Diesel: .00044 MF and 55% residual.

• rjc5rjc5 Posts: 11

I leased a Jetta SE yesterday. Manual. Please see the numbers. Did I get taken or did I do ok? I was stressed and sleep deprived so it did not go very smooth. Tier C credit bumped to TierB per the dealership. They said my MF was 00054. Thanks!image

lease1.JPG 115.9K

The numbers are all dead on.. Assuming MSRP of $19,715?

Tier B is .00030 higher than Tier A, which is .00024 on this model, so that is correct.. Residual is 54% of MSRP, which is correct for 36mo, 12K/yr lease.

$500 due at signing and 35 more payments of $220/mo. seems like a very good lease payment. I don't follow the market for Jettas, but there is $1250 of lease cash on that model, so it looks like you got an additional discount of about $1050, in addition to the lease cash.. If you are happy with the selling price, it doesn't look like there are any hidden costs in there...

Good job!

MSRP is sticker price plus destination,correct? sticker is 18895, destination is 820. It adds up. All i wanted was not be taken to the cleaners by a car dealer. Happy to hear that I did alright. I had some idea about the math but not enough and don't have much real experience in car buying. I was already sleep deprived and stressed out when I got to the dealership. I couldn't focus on the lease agreement to double check the numbers properly.

I was very reluctant about signing anything until I fully understood the total damage. They had mentioned 1000 down over the phone which I understood to go towards the 36 months payment of $215 and govt fees but apparently that was not the case.They agreed for $500(traded in my late 90s saab 900 towards the $500) after I was ready to walk out. So the payment became $220 plus the fees. It was not the smoothest deal but a good learning experience. There are very few M/T 1.8 SE around in the SF Bay Area. Either there is light demand or they are selling good.

Thanks for the analysis.!!

BTW, what do you mean by the selling price? Is it the residual? .Thanks!

Yes, MSRP for lease purposes is the bottom line on the sticker, which includes destination.

I was actually referring to the gross cap cost on your document, but now that I look, the actual selling price is $16707... with rest of the amount being acquisition fee, etc... So, more like a $1750 discount, besides the lease cash..

In my experience, car buying is never easy... my goal is to not let anything get by me, and come up with a fair deal.. and, if the stars are aligned, maybe a great deal.. Looks like you did that.