Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    gsxr750gsxr750 Member Posts: 5
    I recently purchased a sport/ent in NJ 7/31. I paid $43,639 including destination only. I had another dealer (also in NJ) down to $43,340 but they did not have the formal/ebony black I was looking for and that deal was only if I purchased from their stock by 9pm 7/31. I couldn't get the dealer, I purchased from, to budge from $43,639.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    cvistacvista Member Posts: 54
    Which dealer and how did u negotiate??

Internet or directly with sales guy
  • Options
    gsxr750gsxr750 Member Posts: 5
    I ended up buying at Acura of Turnersville.
    It started out over the internet via email. Then I went into the dealership and dealt with the same person.

Elite Acura had the lower price, but didn't have the color I wanted.
  • Options
    No one agreed yet. That is my goal. May not be possible due to the color I need. Right now I have someone to offer 200 below.
    I want atleast below 500.
  • Options
    sjk3sjk3 Member Posts: 9
    did you consider buying sport package, looks like there is a good demand for tech and not so much for sport..so these dealers are pretty much not much negotiable with the tech, thats the reason am going for sport..am still negotiating the price,did u try ramsey, NJ..
  • Options
    sjk3sjk3 Member Posts: 9
    Guys..did anyone here buy car from Ramsey,NJ dealership...how was the experience..am still negotiating the price though..but I have a question.he said they have a car with remote start already installed..is it possible guys.do they get the car from manufacturer installed..am wondering if there might be any history to this...please advise.trying to finalise this deal by tomorrow...thank you
  • Options
    OK, made a deal for MDX Tech. 300 below invoice. Signed purchase order and put a deposit as the car was not ready. Will pick up tomorrow.

After I left the dealership, the dealer left a VM stating that the VIN# in the PO is wrong and he sent me another VIN.
    The VIN# in the PO is what it shows on the online inventory and it has 8 miles. Should I be concerned about it ??
  • Options
    aspen10aspen10 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Houston, I quoted 07 MDX base few days ago from John Eagle, Sterling McCall & Champion, they all offered for $38,150 + TTL, that is above invoice 1200, I am not sure what's the Houston market price now? but I don't want to pay for 07 MDX for over invoice right now, maybe for 08 MDX is OK, could someone tell me that do I have a chance to get 07 MDX less or equal invoice?
  • Options
    gaawb1gaawb1 Member Posts: 11
    There is only one Acura dealer in Madison and they are not willing to bargain. I told them I would pay $100 over invoice for an '07 Tech/Ent MDX on the lot and they told me the best they can do is $2K off MSRP. That makes the offer $44,365 including destination. I see several people in this forum paid invoice or just above ($42,095). Would appreciate hearing from anyone who received better offers from other Wisconsin or Northern Illinois dealerships.
  • Options
    shaigshaig Member Posts: 14
    The best Acura MDX price I have been able to get in the region is $2500 off MSRP for an 07 Sport Pkg. At this point, delaers have told me that an 08 will go for MSRP.
    How likely or unlikely is that?

As a sidenote, the MDX owners forum website had some really good pointers to aftermarket accessories that are much cheaper and better. For example, a trailer hitch runs $150 and tucks snugly below the bumber as opposed to the DIO package for $1200. Worth checking out.
  • Options
    dave210dave210 Member Posts: 242
    I have a family friend who just got a Tech for invoice or a little bellow at McGrath in Moron Grove, IL, and I myself got a phenomenal deal at Pauly in Highland Park, IL last year, so if I were you, I'd give a call or email to the internet managers at:

Libertyville Acura (in Libertyville, IL)
    Pauly Acura (in Highland Park, IL)
    McGrath Acura (in Morton Grove, IL)

The above dealers are 3 well known and reputable dealerships in the northern suburbs of Chicago.

And see what happens from there...I'm almost positive that all 3 can beat Madison's prices.
  • Options
    stubtekstubtek Member Posts: 2
    What is the current price you have paid to get an 2007 Basic model?

The deal is offering me the invoice price plus TTL, but he forced in ProPak, is ProPak in 2006 package?
  • Options
    cal_doodcal_dood Member Posts: 8
    If anybody trolling these forums for a price point on certified pre-owned - I just bought a certified 2005 MDX with Nav and RES for $31K with around 22K miles.
  • Options
    liz980liz980 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys, just purchased MDX with Tech Package this Saturday. The dealer offered me 4.9% finance rate for 5 yrs. I heard that Acura has 2.9% finance rate promotion until 9/4. Do you know that rate is for 3 yrs or 5yrs? If the dealer doesn't offer the lower rate, can i cancel the purchase? Thx for the info.
  • Options
    stubtekstubtek Member Posts: 2
    2.9% finance is for 2-3 years. If 5 yrs, the rate will be 2.9%
  • Options
    mostro750mostro750 Member Posts: 9
    4.9% for the 5 year term, 2.9% for up to 3 years.
    if the purchase is already complete and the loan is booked you cannot change. if you needed a 5 year loan though you are set so no worries.
  • Options
    mostro750mostro750 Member Posts: 9
    buying a base mdx in the northwest.
    deal offered today at 39,000 flat.
    and then lease rate was .00209 and a 59% residual - so with 3500 total down - 484 plus tax.

2 questions - invoice is 36,936 so at this point 2 g over invoice a good deal? i don't think so...any other buyers in pac northwest.

then the lease rate is .00209 the current lease special?

thanks
  • Options
    machitmachit Member Posts: 3
    Finally broke down and purchase MDX W/Tech Pkg past Saturday 8/18. Here is price breakdown.

MDX W/Tech
    $39,500
    Accessories:
    All season mats
    Wheel LOcks
    Cargo Net
    Moon Roof Visor
    Roof Rails
    Cross Bars
    Running Boards
    $1,175
    =========================
    NY Tax %8.375 $3,406
    Tags/License $162
    Doc Fee $199
    =========================
    Total OTD $44,442

Bought from Acura of Turnersville. Great experience. Thanks to kjm11379 and avgjag for the great advice.
  • Options
    orta02orta02 Member Posts: 1
    My Wife and I test drove the MDX and we loved it! We purchased a 2007 Dark Cherry Pearl MDX Tech Package with the following accessories: (Roof Rack, Crossbars, Trailer hitch and Bike rack to go with it and Front window tints).

Our total cost pre-tax was $43,195. Including plates, registration and destination charges.

The purchase was made yesterday at Westchester Acura.
  • Options
    bluesky10bluesky10 Member Posts: 4
    This is great information machit. Thank you for posting it. I am shopping for my 2007 MDX in CT but the dealer that has given me the best quote so far is still too far from invoice price $40800.
    I may end up going to NJ if I can not get a good deal in CT. :shades:
  • Options
    Hi!
    Has anybody got a quote close to the invoice price ($39,500) for a 2007 MDX with Tech Package in CT or MA?
    If you have PLEASE let me know from which dealer.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    pvsaig949pvsaig949 Member Posts: 11
    Hi BlueSky10,

I can refer you to a dealer, the place I got my MDX sport 2007 in May. They gave me my MDX for invoice and I did mention to them I may refer few. So, if you are interested and would like to mention my name then contact me at "nirmalkar1 at yahoo.com" and we can discuss.

To get the deal you need my name and number.

Regards
    pvsaig949.
  • Options
    sdvsdv Member Posts: 1
    On Friday 8/17 I finally pulled the trigger and bought MDX+Tech.

After one week of e-mail negotiations with Houston area dealers, the best price I was getting was $41,000 at John Eagle Acura. Guy from Champion Acura offered to beat that by $300, but he did not have the color I wanted. I ended up going to Sterling McCall Acura because they had my 1st choice color. At Sterling McCall OTD price was $100 more than the OTD I would get at John Eagle Acura. Gillman Acura could not match the $41,000 price.

I paid cash, so I am not sure about current financing offers.

Accessories:
    Roof Rails $307.50
    Cargo Net $53.00
    Cargo Mat $128.00
    Cargo Cover $143.00
  • Options
    mdx007mdx007 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Is $41100 the complete drive out price? I know most likely it's not but just want to double check.
  • Options
    curiousmdxcuriousmdx Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

Can anyone provide prices that you paid for an MDX (Tech + Entertainment or Sport + Entertainment) in the San Jose, San Francisco area? How much did you typically pay over or below the invoice price? The ones in the South Bay treat you bad.

Are there other dealers that are good?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi,

Did you get it? If so, where did you buy it from? This looks like $500 below invoice which seems good.

Thanks.
  • Options
    I finally found a dealer that gave me the car for the invoice price (including the destination charge) with no hassle.
    I can not believe I am saying this but it was actually a fun experience. I negotiated over the phone and after all the numbers were set, I drove to the dealership to test drive my "new car". When I got there, there were no surprises, they respected all the numbers they gave me over the phone and the car was waiting for me at the door. I also asked to drive another MDX and they had no problem with that. They were friendly and professional.
    Paid $39.500 (MDX 2007) + $850 (side steps) + $299 (document fees) + 5% tax.
    I don’t remember who recommended Acura of Boston in this forum but to that person “Thank You”.
    :)
  • Options
    By the way the MDX I bought has the Technology package.
  • Options
    norisekipsnorisekips Member Posts: 5
    Looks like Acura.com has been updated with the 2008 MDX, including the prices. I was surprised to see that prices across the board are $470 CHEAPER than the 2007 Model. Feel free to take a look...
  • Options
    milsmanimilsmani Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I got it last weekend at Marin Acura, corte madera, ca. Let me know if you want more details.

- Milsmani
  • Options
    Where do u see that. The price is actually $200 higher !!
  • Options
    cruiser70cruiser70 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone for all the great information and advice on this forum! Yesterday I brought home my new Cherry/ebony Tech/Sport MDX. Paid 43000+tax&fees. Vehicle came with ProPack, chrome running boards, and chrome Acura rims. Makes for one sweet ride! Looking forward to many years of fun driving! :)
  • Options
    srangarasrangara Member Posts: 1
    I got a Acura MDX with Tech package in NJ for
    $39700(including destination charges)

Taxes at 7%
  • Options
    robinhanrobinhan Member Posts: 4
    wow, so what is the base price? is it about 1k below invoice? such a great deal :) did you pay cash for used finance? thanks!
  • Options
    Congratulations! What package did you buy and how much was it if you don't mind?
  • Options
    net2net_99net2net_99 Member Posts: 17
    Don't remember the base price but you can work backwards with the numbers.

For base MDX with Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray and all-season mats:

39150 OTD price includes 350 for Title and Registration, 258 for Documention, 7.50 Tire fee, 7% NJ Sales Tax. I guess the purchase price including destination comes to around 36000.
  • Options
    hpl_buyerhpl_buyer Member Posts: 8
    The best quote I have received so far from the dealers around Chicago for 2007 MDX with Technology package is $41,718 which includes installation of your running boards, body side moldings and roof rails.

Is it a good deal keeping in mind that the 2008 models are also out with about the same price ($200 above 2007 model)?

Thanks.
  • Options
    hpl_buyerhpl_buyer Member Posts: 8
    I am thinking of buying the Acura MDX, however have a concern regarding the service/maintenance. The nearest Acura dealer is over 100 miles away. Do I have to take my vehicle to that Acura dealer only for any servicing or I could take it to the nearest Honda one?

Thanks.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    Your Honda dealer would probably do regular maintenance on your new MDX.. But, they can't do warranty repairs. Only the Acura dealer will be reimbursed for those.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    I too live 60+ miles from the nearest acura dealer. When my'03 TLS had brake rotor issues w/ 5k miles on it, my local honda dealer took pity on me and said acura would honor the warranty "in good faith for a one time deal." I wouldn't want to test that a second time. Since then I have made the trek for any warranty issues, luckily not many. As far as honda doing non-warranty work (oil changes,body work,tires) they should be adequate. I get my oil changed at jiffy lube and have had no problems. Of course I'm looking over their shoulder the entire time. :P
  • Options
    ocbuyer1ocbuyer1 Member Posts: 12
    I finally purchased an 07 Sport/Ent in Aspen with Parchment (my color of chise) from Planet Acura in Downey. The price with Wheel locks and cargo tray and mud gaurds came to $43,389 plus Tax and License. This was the best price for a Sport/Ent in Aspen White (better than Power Acura in South Bay). A word of advise to stay clear from Temecula Acura, they are under the impression that they can still sell these car near MSRP. The whole transaction was pretty quick, all negotiations was over phone and internet. They are eager to get rid of their 07 inventory. I can Email you the name of the sales person (a very pleasent person). I want to thank everyone on this forum who provided useful info to help me make a wise and resonable decision in purchasing this vehicle.
  • Options
    sd_dadsd_dad Member Posts: 34
  • Options
    star990star990 Member Posts: 4
    This might not be the right forum,(but leasing or buying - price matters!)I finally leased Sports/Ent from Acura of Mission Viejo. The sales person was very nice & polite,no pressure of any sorts, everything was settled over phone/email, he even spent an hour going over all the navigation & other systems. Over all experience was really nice & smooth.
    Thanks a lot guys for sharing all the important information which helped me a lot in deciding on this deal.
  • Options
    lynnrileylynnriley Member Posts: 4
    I'm considering buying the base MDX instead of the technology package. Does anyone have a recommendation? Will it affect my resale value in 4 years? At some level of car, I guess you expect the nav system...any thoughts? Also, has anyone purchased the 19" wheels, and what are the pros / cons?
  • Options
    I was thinking the same but ultimately got the Tech. It's worth the upgrade. Tech is the best selling MDX. So resale value should be better.
    I used to see a lot of base MDXs in dealer inventory. Y
  • Options
    I am thinking of an Aberdeen Green for the 2007 MDX. I just found out that that color is being discontinued for 2008. Are there any disadvantages to going with it? Thanks.
  • Options
    auhaauha Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I'm thinking about getting the same car...could you tell me the name of your sales person?
    and $43,389 include all the accesories you mentioned and destination charge?
    Thank You
    auha@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    suehechsuehech Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a sport/ent in the Dallas TX area. I can't get these guys below 44,700. So I'd like to call your guy in Downey to see what he's got left in his inventory.
    Thanks
  • Options
    robinhanrobinhan Member Posts: 4
    one quick ?: do you guys consider any "extended" warranty for this car at all? we plan to keep it for a while (i mean a long time, lol) cheers
  • Options
    memphistlcmemphistlc Member Posts: 10
    I know what KBB says but what are others seeing 2004 models selling for in their markets(assume mileage is under 50K and car is in GOOD condition)? Everything in my market(Memphis) seems to be inflated. I've bought my last 3 vehicles over the internet. THanks.