Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    k4cowboys4kk4cowboys4k Member Posts: 5
    Thank you both for the prompt responses!
  • Options
    qwertyclqwertycl Member Posts: 15
    Was offered this deal for 2015 CR-V LX AWD:

$240 per month for 39 months

Due at signing:

First month
    DMV
    $595 Bank fee

MSRP: $25,575
    Residual: $16,797

This is in New York through a lease dealer - not a Honda dealership. I haven't tried to negotiate yet as I was just looking for their starting price. Should I attempt to negotiate based on invoice price of CR-V LX?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    qwertycl said:

Due at signing:

First month
    DMV
    $595 Bank fee

This is in New York through a lease dealer - not a Honda dealership. I haven't tried to negotiate yet as I was just looking for their starting price. Should I attempt to negotiate based on invoice price of CR-V LX?

I'm not sure how a lease broker works... can you even negotiate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

qwertycl said:

Due at signing:

First month
    DMV
    $595 Bank fee

I'm actually not sure as they don't sell the car.

Wondering if I should pop into a couple Honda dealerships looking to buy and see what price they agree to and then swap to lease.

What is generally a good price to aim for with regard to a CR-V LX AWD?
  • Options
    qwertycl said:

kyfdx said:

qwertycl said:

Due at signing:

First month
    DMV
    $595 Bank fee

I'm actually not sure as they don't sell the car.

Wondering if I should pop into a couple Honda dealerships looking to buy and see what price they agree to and then swap to lease.

What is generally a good price to aim for with regard to a CR-V LX AWD?
    Check this discussion:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/30664/honda/cr-v/2015-honda-cr-v-prices-paid-and-buying-experiences#latest

With a little knowledge, you won't need a broker taking a cut..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sl517sl517 Member Posts: 19
    Hello,

Can I have the Residual and MF for a CRV-LX in the NYC/NJ area? I've noticed a lot of questions regarding 3yr/36k leases. Would you happen to know if they do 2yr leases? If so can i get the numbers for that as well? thanks
  • Options
    sl517 said:

Hello,

Can I have the Residual and MF for a CRV-LX in the NYC/NJ area? I've noticed a lot of questions regarding 3yr/36k leases. Would you happen to know if they do 2yr leases? If so can i get the numbers for that as well? thanks

.00105 MF and 65% residual for either 36 or 39 months

24 month residual is 72%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 27
    Hello,

Looking for 36 month 12k numbers on 2015 crv ex-l. Are 64% and .00160 accurate for western New York? Dealer is giving me .00265. I smell nonsense. Thank you
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    Tomas said:

Hello,

Looking for 36 month 12k numbers on 2015 crv ex-l. Are 64% and .00160 accurate for western New York? Dealer is giving me .00265. I smell nonsense. Thank you

.00160 is the base MF from Honda Finance. Could be the dealer is using a different bank.

I confirm the 64% residual on the EX-L AWD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 27
    Michaell said:

Tomas said:

Hello,

.00160 is the base MF from Honda Finance. Could be the dealer is using a different bank.

I confirm the 64% residual on the EX-L AWD.
    Thank you for your help michaell. Enjoy the weekend.
  • Options
    allycyatallycyat Member Posts: 58
    Hi Guys, Can I have the MF and Residual on a 2015 CRV AWD EX model please for Florida? Thank you
  • Options
    allycyat said:

Hi Guys, Can I have the MF and Residual on a 2015 CRV AWD EX model please for Florida? Thank you

.00160 MF and 63% residual for 15K/yr, either 36 or 39 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    allycyat said:

Thaanks, and if it is 36k do I add 1% or 2% to the residual of 63% ?

• Options
    allycyat said:
    Add 2% to go from 15k to 12k

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    kyfdx said:

sl517 said:

Hello,

24 month residual is 72%
    @kyfdx Does residual and MF change if I want EX instead of LX? This is for a 24/12k lease. thanks

• Options
    sl517 said:

kyfdx said:

sl517 said:

Hello,

24 month residual is 72%
    @kyfdx Does residual and MF change if I want EX instead of LX? This is for a 24/12k lease. thanks

No - the residual for the LX and EX are the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    sl517 said:

kyfdx said:

sl517 said:

Hello,

24 month residual is 72%

Only the LX gets the .00105 MF... .00160 for all other CR-V models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Michaell said:

allycyat said:

allycyat said:

Add 2% to go from 15k to 12k

Thanks

• Options
    kyfdx said:

sl517 said:

kyfdx said:

sl517 said:

Hello,

24 month residual is 72%

@kyfdx The dealership I am negotiating with is giving me an .0030 MF for a 2 yr lease. Did the MF rate change or should I get them to lower it?
  • Options
    sl517 said:

kyfdx said:

sl517 said:

kyfdx said:

sl517 said:

Hello,

24 month residual is 72%

@kyfdx The dealership I am negotiating with is giving me an .0030 MF for a 2 yr lease. Did the MF rate change or should I get them to lower it?
    I would confirm that this lease is through Honda Finance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Hi all,

As a followup to my prior post. Looking to lease a Honda CRV LX AWD. Have the following details;

MSRP: 25,575
    Price from dealer: 23,654
    Residual Value: 16,797
    Lease term: 39m (trying to get 36m)
    MF: .00105

Calculating those out, I should have the following on a monthly basis:

Depreciation: $175.85
    Financing: $42.47
    Tax: $19.37
    Total monthly: $237.67

Dealer is quoting me $255 sign and drive (DMV and 1st month at signing).

I'm going to go in Thursday night to see what I can get them down to as they should have wiggle room on the price. Does my math above make sense and any opinions on how to handle when I go into the dealer?
  • Options
    qwertycl said:

Hi all,

As a followup to my prior post. Looking to lease a Honda CRV LX AWD. Have the following details;

Price from dealer: 23,654
    Residual Value: 16,797
    Lease term: 39m (trying to get 36m)
    MF: .00105

Calculating those out, I should have the following on a monthly basis:

Depreciation: $175.85
    Financing: $42.47
    Tax: $19.37
    Total monthly: $237.67

Dealer is quoting me $255 sign and drive (DMV and 1st month at signing).

I'm going to go in Thursday night to see what I can get them down to as they should have wiggle room on the price. Does my math above make sense and any opinions on how to handle when I go into the dealer?

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

What is the MSRP?

Updated post. $25,575 including destination fee.
  • Options
    qwertycl said:

Michaell said:

What is the MSRP?

Using the $25,575 MSRP, $23,654 selling price, 65% residual (36/12) and .00105 MF, I get a pre-tax payment of $222.55.

What state is this and what is the tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

qwertycl said:

Michaell said:

What is the MSRP?

Using the $25,575 MSRP, $23,654 selling price, 65% residual (36/12) and .00105 MF, I get a pre-tax payment of $222.55.

NY - tax rate is 8.875%.

I was using their residual they gave me of $16,797 and not $16,623.75 (65% of MSRP). So with NY tax it's $242.31 per month. So if their invoice pricing is $22,500 - $23,000 based on pricing websites, I should be able to get at least the $242.31 for 39 months (36m payment jumps ~$16)?

Looks like they're using the residual they gave me and adding the bank fee into the lease payments to get to $255 (I calculated out they are using a selling price of $24,250 and not the $23,654 they told me based on the $255 payment).

Wondering if I should stick to the 39 month or that's like shooting my self in the foot if something other than powetrain fails in months 37-39... Or if this lease term(s) is even that appealing...
  • Options
    qwertycl said:

Michaell said:

qwertycl said:

Michaell said:

What is the MSRP?

NY - tax rate is 8.875%.

I was using their residual they gave me of $16,797 and not $16,623.75 (65% of MSRP). So with NY tax it's $242.31 per month. So if their invoice pricing is $22,500 - $23,000 based on pricing websites, I should be able to get at least the $242.31 for 39 months (36m payment jumps ~$16)?

Looks like they're using the residual they gave me and adding the bank fee into the lease payments to get to $255 (I calculated out they are using a selling price of $24,250 and not the $23,654 they told me based on the $255 payment).

Wondering if I should stick to the 39 month or that's like shooting my self in the foot if something other than powetrain fails in months 37-39... Or if this lease term(s) is even that appealing...
    I wouldn't base my decision on lease term on a failure of something outside of warranty. This is a Honda, after all. The 39 month residuals are the same as 36 months for April to make the longer term a bit more appealing. Ultimately your decision, however. And, depending on how license and registration is handled, you'd have to pay for another year for which you'd only use 3 months.

It's common for dealers to add fees, etc. to the selling price. Minimizes the out of pocket amount due at the beginning of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

I wouldn't base my decision on lease term on a failure of something outside of warranty. This is a Honda, after all. The 39 month residuals are the same as 36 months for April to make the longer term a bit more appealing. Ultimately your decision, however. And, depending on how license and registration is handled, you'd have to pay for another year for which you'd only use 3 months.

It's common for dealers to add fees, etc. to the selling price. Minimizes the out of pocket amount due at the beginning of the lease.

Got it. I'm already sitting with another year on my registration so will need to transfer that remaining year. But yes, in the end my registration cycle is screwy.

So pretty much my goal is sign and drive at max price of $245. I'm thinking of bringing in my trusty spreadsheet to calculate all on my side when I go in. Anything else I should be on the look out for?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    qwertycl said:

Michaell said:

Got it. I'm already sitting with another year on my registration so will need to transfer that remaining year. But yes, in the end my registration cycle is screwy.

So pretty much my goal is sign and drive at max price of $245. I'm thinking of bringing in my trusty spreadsheet to calculate all on my side when I go in. Anything else I should be on the look out for?

Thanks again!
    Just make sure you understand all the fees, etc. that are in play.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Just make sure you understand all the fees, etc. that are in play.

Manager wouldn't budge off of $255. I walked right out. The sales rep said she will try to get a deal done and will update me if any May incentives work for the CR-V.

Will try other dealers.
  • Options
    mikieguns5mikieguns5 Member Posts: 36
    This is the offer I am getting in central NJ. Is this good? I do not yet fully understand how to interpret all the numbers to decide if this is an offer worth taking. This is on a 2015 LX. Residual is 65%. MF .00105. $279 per month for 12K miles per year for 39 months. It is "zero down" but does come with about $1100 in fees I am being told. So to me that is not truly zero down but I am told that is the best they can do for me right now. Any opinions? Thank you!
  • Options

This is the offer I am getting in central NJ. Is this good? I do not yet fully understand how to interpret all the numbers to decide if this is an offer worth taking. This is on a 2015 LX. Residual is 65%. MF .00105. $279 per month for 12K miles per year for 39 months. It is "zero down" but does come with about $1100 in fees I am being told. So to me that is not truly zero down but I am told that is the best they can do for me right now. Any opinions? Thank you!

I confirm the residual and LX MF. We would need to know the MSRP and selling price to fully evaluate the deal.

Ask for a breakdown of the $1100 due at signing .. probably includes the first payment, acquisition fee, and license / tag costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2015

That looks high. What's tax rate in NJ?

What is the selling price they are giving you on the car - did you negotiate it down at all (which you should do)? Seems like it's right up on MSRP.

And yes, $1,100 sounds like $595+tax, $279, DMV.

The below could be what they are calculating out (selling price =MSRP - Bank/Acquisition fee) based on NY tax rate of 8.875%.

• Options
    qwertycl said:

What is the selling price they are giving you on the car - did you negotiate it down at all (which you should do)? Seems like it's right up on MSRP.

The below could be what they are calculating out (selling price =MSRP - Bank/Acquisition fee) based on NY tax rate of 8.875%.

I believe both NY and NJ calculate the sales tax for a lease up front - sum of the payments multiplied by the tax rate. This amount is then either paid at lease inception or added to the cap cost and paid out over the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    Hi guys. What are the May lease details through Honda for an LX AWD and Ex AWD in NJ. 36 or 39 month term, 15 k per year. Thanks!
  • Options

Hi guys. What are the May lease details through Honda for an LX AWD and Ex AWD in NJ. 36 or 39 month term, 15 k per year. Thanks!

The current numbers from Honda don't expire until May 11th.

LX - .00105

EX - .00160

63% for either trim, for both 36 or 39 months and 15,000 miles per year

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Michaell said:

I believe both NY and NJ calculate the sales tax for a lease up front - sum of the payments multiplied by the tax rate. This amount is then either paid at lease inception or added to the cap cost and paid out over the lease term.

Thanks for the info! Wasn't aware tax gets rolled into cap cost, thought it was calculated after. Will update my spreads.

To clarify, tax is based on just on depreciation amount and not financing as well, but financing includes depreciation and tax (cap)?
  • Options
    qwertycl said:

Michaell said:

Thanks for the info! Wasn't aware tax gets rolled into cap cost, thought it was calculated after. Will update my spreads.

To clarify, tax is based on just on depreciation amount and not financing as well, but financing includes depreciation and tax (cap)?
    If you add the tax to the cap cost, I believe it is subject to the finance charge. Which is why it's preferable to pay it up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    qwertycl said:

I will find out the MSRP and selling price. The guy did not email be back yet with those details. If your math is right and it is based on MSRP then do you suggest I try negotiating down the price of the car first, and then see if they can work with me to get an even better lease deal? I could look up the true car price online. I actually see a new ad they have this week, for $265 per month for this car with zero down. I assume there are still fees though, I will find out. thanks!
  • Options
    logedoglogedog Member Posts: 7
    Hello everybody, 
    Looking to lease 2015 touring 2WD model in Northern California. Could I please get the money factor and residual percentage for this vehicle in my location? 36 month lease and numbers for both 12k and 15k per year please. This is my first post and after reading through previous posts, really appreciate all of the help provided here. Thanks. 
  • Options
    logedog said:

Hello everybody, 
    Looking to lease 2015 touring 2WD model in Northern California. Could I please get the money factor and residual percentage for this vehicle in my location? 36 month lease and numbers for both 12k and 15k per year please. This is my first post and after reading through previous posts, really appreciate all of the help provided here. Thanks. 

36/15 - .00160 and 59%. Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    logedoglogedog Member Posts: 7
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Can't seem to get any decent lease deal lately.

Question if anyone has dealt with this. I spoke to Honda Financial and they gave me the option of extending my current Civic Lease for current payments of $75 (I paid down a lot at the start which I learned never to do again).

They also stated my current damage inspection is valid for 120 days and if I return prior to 120 days a new assessment will not be required. I am currently at $900 damages out of my $1,500 waiver.

Is it a decent idea to extend the lease until mid-August and then they start to dump 2015 models on better deals? I'm worried about being out of warranty but that is no different than a 39 month lease. I am currently under 20,000 miles so that's not an issue.

Opinions?
  • Options
    qwertycl said:

Can't seem to get any decent lease deal lately.

Question if anyone has dealt with this. I spoke to Honda Financial and they gave me the option of extending my current Civic Lease for current payments of $75 (I paid down a lot at the start which I learned never to do again).

They also stated my current damage inspection is valid for 120 days and if I return prior to 120 days a new assessment will not be required. I am currently at $900 damages out of my $1,500 waiver.

Is it a decent idea to extend the lease until mid-August and then they start to dump 2015 models on better deals? I'm worried about being out of warranty but that is no different than a 39 month lease. I am currently under 20,000 miles so that's not an issue.

Opinions?

If I could keep leasing for $75/mo, I would certainly do that. No matter what the deals on other cars look like..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

qwertycl said:

I will find out the MSRP and selling price. The guy did not email be back yet with those details. If your math is right and it is based on MSRP then do you suggest I try negotiating down the price of the car first, and then see if they can work with me to get an even better lease deal? I could look up the true car price online. I actually see a new ad they have this week, for $265 per month for this car with zero down. I assume there are still fees though, I will find out. thanks!
    Hi. I will be going to the dealer tomorrow to wheel and deal! Are there any changes to the Residual or MF from above? What would it be for the EX as well? I will make sure I obtain the MSRP and selling price info as well and try to negotiate them down if possible to get an even better deal. I am going to go check the TRUE CAR prices and bring them with me. Does anyone have any other tips? thank you!
  • Options

qwertycl said:

Hi. I will be going to the dealer tomorrow to wheel and deal! Are there any changes to the Residual or MF from above? What would it be for the EX as well? I will make sure I obtain the MSRP and selling price info as well and try to negotiate them down if possible to get an even better deal. I am going to go check the TRUE CAR prices and bring them with me. Does anyone have any other tips? thank you!
    Honda numbers are valid until 5/11/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

qwertycl said:

Thanks! Above you confirmed the residual and MF for the LX AWD. How about for the EX AWD? What are the numbers just I know going into the dealer today. thanks!
  • Options

Michaell said:

qwertycl said:

Thanks! Above you confirmed the residual and MF for the LX AWD. How about for the EX AWD? What are the numbers just I know going into the dealer today. thanks!
    .00160 MF and 65% for EX AWD 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    Mikieguns,

How did you make out?  NJ inquiring minds want to know :)
  • Options
    thanks all!  i ended up sticking with the AWD LX, negotiated to $258 a month, zero down, $1100 in fees, and they paid the $450 dispo fee on my old lease.  price of the car was like $23,700 or so. 
  • Options
    thanks all!  i ended up sticking with the AWD LX, negotiated to $258 a month, zero down, $1100 in fees, and they paid the $450 dispo fee on my old lease.  price of the car was like $23,700 or so. 
    Actually price was $23,478 to be precise.  12K miles, 39 months. Resid value $16,623.