Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 BMW 328i Lease Questions

1235»

Comments

• Options
    amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2015
    2015 328i xdrive
    MSRP: 44700
    Selling price: 39062
    MF: 0.00080(7 MSDs to bring down the MF)
    Residual: 66%(36/10k)
    Tax rate: 9%
    Down: 0
    Due at signing: 2110(Bank fee, doc fee, dmv, 1st month payment)
    Monthly payment: $319 plus tax

hope i did well.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    amsen said:
    2015 328i xdrive

hope i did well.

You did - congrats! Enjoy your new BMW

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    amsenamsen Member Posts: 36
    Michaell said:
    amsen said:
    2015 328i xdrive

hope i did well.

You did - congrats! Enjoy your new BMW
    Thanks to this forum and the mods
  • Options
    vman10vman10 Member Posts: 16
    wanted to share a deal I signed:

demo with 3150 miles on it
    2015 328GT (Cold Weather/Driver Assistance/Premium Pkg/Nav)
    MSRP: 49050
    Sale Price: 42930 (includes 795 acq fee+134 doc fee)
    Residual: 31352.50 (36/10k)
    Due at Signing: 3582.33 (3150 MSDs+1st month)
    432.33/m (9% tax)

great flow of information on the forum!
  • Options
    vman10 said:

wanted to share a deal I signed:

demo with 3150 miles on it
    2015 328GT (Cold Weather/Driver Assistance/Premium Pkg/Nav)
    MSRP: 49050
    Sale Price: 42930 (includes 795 acq fee+134 doc fee)
    Residual: 31352.50 (36/10k)
    Due at Signing: 3582.33 (3150 MSDs+1st month)
    432.33/m (9% tax)

great flow of information on the forum!

Nice deal ... enjoy the new BMW!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    mrdonbonjovimrdonbonjovi Member Posts: 9
    Hey Guys, need some feedback on this lease deal. Obviously they can do better but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

328i xDrive
    MSRP: $52,650
    Selling Price: $49,350
    Fees: $295
    Sales Tax: $3,954

(36/12k) Residual: 65% MF: 0.00159

$5,000 down / $512 a month (5k not factored as a trade in which I will use)

They said the $1,000 anniversary credit has already been applied which would mean they are at $50,350 before it for a ~4% off MSRP value. Not that I plan on putting 5k down either. I'm also eligible for the recent grad program for another $1,000 credit. Those two credits should put the dealer cost around $47,000.

I believe we have some room here.
  • Options

Hey Guys, need some feedback on this lease deal. Obviously they can do better but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

328i xDrive
    MSRP: $52,650
    Selling Price: $49,350
    Fees: $295
    Sales Tax: $3,954

(36/12k) Residual: 65% MF: 0.00159

$5,000 down / $512 a month (5k not factored as a trade in which I will use)

They said the $1,000 anniversary credit has already been applied which would mean they are at $50,350 before it for a ~4% off MSRP value. Not that I plan on putting 5k down either. I'm also eligible for the recent grad program for another $1,000 credit. Those two credits should put the dealer cost around $47,000.

I believe we have some room here.

Yes, you do. Usually you can get 5-7% off MSRP before any incentives are applied.

And, the MF is marked up from the base of .00129.

Perhaps getting a second dealer involved will motivate them both to get you the best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mrdonbonjovimrdonbonjovi Member Posts: 9
    Thanks to the support I now have two offers that look to be pretty good. Let me know your thoughts.

All are 36/12k and 0.00129 MF with 65% Residual, 8% NYS tax

Option 1:
    MSRP: 52,650
    Sale Price: 47,030
    Trade In: 5000 (some to cap cost rest first months payment)
    Monthly: 406 (approximated based upon last conversation)

Option 2:
    MSRP: 53,660
    Sale Price: 48,205
    Monthly: 421

Can't thank you guys enough.

-Matt

• Options

Thanks to the support I now have two offers that look to be pretty good. Let me know your thoughts.

All are 36/12k and 0.00129 MF with 65% Residual, 8% NYS tax

Option 1:
    MSRP: 52,650
    Sale Price: 47,030
    Monthly: 406 (approximated based upon last conversation)

Option 2:
    MSRP: 53,660
    Sale Price: 48,205
    Monthly: 421

Can't thank you guys enough.

-Matt

We do not recommend using trade equity as cap cost reduction - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Consider using the equity as MSD to buy down the MF - you get that money back at the end of the lease.

Using the numbers you've provided (but $0 cap cost reduction), I get a payment of $460.58/mo for car 1 and $477.35/mo for car 2.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ahmacuraahmacura Member Posts: 5
    Trying to find a good deal in Raleigh, NC area. Please review and let me know if there is room to get a better deal.

328i, MSRP: 45700, Residual 65%, MF 0.00129, Term 36mo/12k, Sale price: 41725, Adj Cap Cost: 42,520.

Base payment 449.14, 3% tax. Total monthly $462.61.

Cash due at delivery - 1,154.77, includes 1st month's payment.

Thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    ahmacura said:

Trying to find a good deal in Raleigh, NC area. Please review and let me know if there is room to get a better deal.

328i, MSRP: 45700, Residual 65%, MF 0.00129, Term 36mo/12k, Sale price: 41725, Adj Cap Cost: 42,520.

Base payment 449.14, 3% tax. Total monthly $462.61.

Cash due at delivery - 1,154.77, includes 1st month's payment.

Thanks

Base money factor and correct residual. Base acquisition fee.

Calculations are on the money.

The only way for a lower payment is to negotiate a lower selling price or utilize the MSD program.
    Given that you have all the base rates, the selling price is fair.

That's a pretty good lease payment for that vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ahmacuraahmacura Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. I will check with another dealer tomorrow and finalize.
  • Options
    sjc8sjc8 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease my first bmw by the end of this month. Changes in residual and MF for a 328i or 328i wagon? Looking to get a 15k mile 36 month lease. Incentives this month? Anything for the 4th of July coming up? I am located in southern California. 
  • Options
    sjc8 said:

I'm looking to lease my first bmw by the end of this month. Changes in residual and MF for a 328i or 328i wagon? Looking to get a 15k mile 36 month lease. Incentives this month? Anything for the 4th of July coming up? I am located in southern California. 

No changes.. BMW numbers are good through June 30th.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pauldagpauldag Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2015
    Hi all,

I'm looking to lease a 328i. Dealer wouldn't let me take the quote home and never showed me a MF but these are the details I remember: $38,450 MSRP; Total capitalized cost $33,500; $1000 due at signing (of which I think $125 was cap cost reduction); 66% residual. $360 a month including tax. 8% sales tax in CA. The discount off MSRP looks good, but does the payment look correct based on those numbers? Just a little concerned I didn't get him to show me the money factor when he came back out with this offer.

Edit: Forgot: 36mo 10k miles a year
  • Options
    pauldag said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to lease a 328i. Dealer wouldn't let me take the quote home and never showed me a MF but these are the details I remember: $38,450 MSRP; Total capitalized cost $33,500; $1000 due at signing (of which I think $125 was cap cost reduction); 66% residual. $360 a month including tax. 8% sales tax in CA. The discount off MSRP looks good, but does the payment look correct based on those numbers? Just a little concerned I didn't get him to show me the money factor when he came back out with this offer.

Edit: Forgot: 36mo 10k miles a year

.00128 MF and 66% residual.

If I add $795 to the total cap for acquisition fee, then subtract the $125 cap reduction, I get a payment of $320/mo.+tax. Assuming the $1000 is going to 1st payment and title/registration/doc and the cap reduction.

That's about $15/mo. less than your quote..

I don't like dealers that won't give you all of the information, but even here... that's a good lease payment for a $38K MSRP.

$12/mo. more for 12K/yr.. $35/mo. more for 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    aicaic Member Posts: 12
    Need expert guidance on lease negotiations. 

I've been doing my homework, attempting some proficiency at understanding/calculating lease payments. 

I'm looking at 328i xdrive 2015, 36/15K. From what I've read, base MF .00129, residual 63%, $1000 anniversary credit. I'm also considering the 7MSDs, no money down. 

So far, I've been trying to negotiate sales price, especially with model year end coming soon. 

I've been offered $44,385, excluding anniversary credit, for 328i xdrive with prem/cold weather, nav. I've checked edmunds. The original MSRP on this car is $47,590. It seems others have gotten closer to 7-9% off MSRP. 

Im not sure if I'm doing things in the right order, what's my next step?  What should my counter offer be, or should I have him do the paperwork and examine the numbers for the lease?  I'm also waiting for an offer from another dealer. 

I appologize for my utter lack of brevity, but I've come to rely on your wisdom and advice in the brutal world of car sales. 

Thank you you all greatly for your time and contributions to this forum!
  • Options
    aic said:

Need expert guidance on lease negotiations. 

I've been doing my homework, attempting some proficiency at understanding/calculating lease payments. 

I'm looking at 328i xdrive 2015, 36/15K. From what I've read, base MF .00129, residual 63%, $1000 anniversary credit. I'm also considering the 7MSDs, no money down. 

So far, I've been trying to negotiate sales price, especially with model year end coming soon. 

I've been offered $44,385, excluding anniversary credit, for 328i xdrive with prem/cold weather, nav. I've checked edmunds. The original MSRP on this car is $47,590. It seems others have gotten closer to 7-9% off MSRP. 

Im not sure if I'm doing things in the right order, what's my next step?  What should my counter offer be, or should I have him do the paperwork and examine the numbers for the lease?  I'm also waiting for an offer from another dealer. 

I appologize for my utter lack of brevity, but I've come to rely on your wisdom and advice in the brutal world of car sales. 

Thank you you all greatly for your time and contributions to this forum!

Base MF this month is .00128, FWIW.

I would work harder to get a lower selling price; engage multiple dealers, if necessary.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Could someone explain this please. Re: leading a demo. Pros/cons. Haven't heard of this option. Here's what I received from a dealer:

"We also have a large selection of BMW Executive Demo's that have anywhere from 3000 to 7000 miles on them and come with an extra 12 months and 25k miles worth of warranty on them at exceptional prices.  I'm attaching the link to one of them from our website that seems to match the vehicle you've stated you got pricing on from another dealership.

As you will see, this vehicle has approximately 6000 miles on it, and again, comes with an extra 12 months/25k miles worth of warranty on it for a selling price of $39,989.00...original MSRP was $47,200.00."

thank you again. 
  • Options
    aic said:

Could someone explain this please. Re: leading a demo. Pros/cons. Haven't heard of this option. Here's what I received from a dealer:

"We also have a large selection of BMW Executive Demo's that have anywhere from 3000 to 7000 miles on them and come with an extra 12 months and 25k miles worth of warranty on them at exceptional prices.  I'm attaching the link to one of them from our website that seems to match the vehicle you've stated you got pricing on from another dealership.

As you will see, this vehicle has approximately 6000 miles on it, and again, comes with an extra 12 months/25k miles worth of warranty on it for a selling price of $39,989.00...original MSRP was $47,200.00."

thank you again. 
    As noted, you can get a bigger discount from sticker on a demo vehicle, but you also have a lower residual value as the miles are charged back at .20 per from the calculated residual value. Can be a good deal, but run the numbers with both the demo and a new car and see which makes the most sense.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

thank you again. 
    As noted, you can get a bigger discount from sticker on a demo vehicle, but you also have a lower residual value as the miles are charged back at .20 per from the calculated residual value. Can be a good deal, but run the numbers with both the demo and a new car and see which makes the most sense.
    So what residual do I calculate on a demo lease?  Is anniversary credit still applicable?  Thank you Michaell!!!!
  • Options
    aic said:

Michaell said:

aic said:

thank you again. 

So what residual do I calculate on a demo lease?  Is anniversary credit still applicable?  Thank you Michaell!!!!

Take the new car residual, then deduct $0.30/mile for the mileage on the vehicle. (for example, 6000 miles would be an $1800 reduction.)

Anniversary credit is probably applicable, but check with the dealer to make sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Michaell said:

thank you again. 
    Take the new car residual, then deduct $0.30/mile for the mileage on the vehicle. (for example, 6000 miles would be an $1800 reduction.) Anniversary credit is probably applicable, but check with the dealer to make sure.
    Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    mulberrywaifmulberrywaif Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have the MF and Residual for a 2015 328i xDrive in MA for 36mo and 10k miles? I'll be getting it with the navigation and technology packages.
  • Options

Does anyone have the MF and Residual for a 2015 328i xDrive in MA for 36mo and 10k miles? I'll be getting it with the navigation and technology packages.

.00128 MF and 66% residual. $1000 Anniversary Credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.