Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

Can I take it as cash? I'm thinking it would be better to hold onto the cash and use it for monthly payments. Your point about not putting cash down in case of loss was great. Or is cash back only an offer if you purchase? Must be applied to cap cost/payments on a lease?

thanks. I have learned so much in the forums,  the last couple of days!

I meant fees or to reduce total cost

The lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive, so you are unable to receive cash back. Dealer can apply it to the selling price or to the up front costs only.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    dair10dair10 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Lease question...2015 Pilot EX, MSRP of $34,600, actual price would be $29,987 with a residual of $19,376. They are telling me would be a monthly payment of $335 with approx $1400 down payment (fees). Is that a good deal? $335 p/month over 36 months = $12,060. Though difference between buying price and residual is only $9,611. I can't imagine taxes account for $2449 difference. (Taxes in MA are .625%). I'm thinking about going out today to make a deal. Thoughts?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,286
    dair10 said:

Lease question...2015 Pilot EX, MSRP of $34,600, actual price would be $29,987 with a residual of $19,376. They are telling me would be a monthly payment of $335 with approx $1400 down payment (fees). Is that a good deal? $335 p/month over 36 months = $12,060. Though difference between buying price and residual is only $9,611. I can't imagine taxes account for $2449 difference. (Taxes in MA are .625%). I'm thinking about going out today to make a deal. Thoughts?

The money factor is .0010 and the residual is 56% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

What you haven't factored in is finance charges. There are two components to a lease payment. Depreciation and Finance. The finance charge on this lease (using your variables and my numbers) is about $49.63/mo.

I actually get a payment of $344.11 before tax, so a portion of your $1400 must be going for a CAP cost reduction.

Also, the difference between sale price and residual is $10,611, not $9611.

If it includes all taxes and fees, $1400 upfront and $335/mo. looks very good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pcantorepcantore Member Posts: 148
    Hi there - I am looking for MF and Residual details on a leasing of a 2015 Honda Pilot LX 2WD for 36mo/12k yr in South Florida. Can you provide the latest numbers and current incentives? Thanks!

MSRP:$30,750 (dest. included)
    Selling Price: $25,449 (Invoice -2,750)
  • Options
    pcantore said:

Hi there - I am looking for MF and Residual details on a leasing of a 2015 Honda Pilot LX 2WD for 36mo/12k yr in South Florida. Can you provide the latest numbers and current incentives? Thanks!

.00100 MF and 58% residual.

I only show $2250 lease cash on the LX model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pcantorepcantore Member Posts: 148
    kyfdx said:

pcantore said:

.00100 MF and 58% residual.

I only show $2250 lease cash on the LX model
    THANKS!
  • Options
    md1801md1801 Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone have the March MF/Residuals for the EX-L AWD and the Touring AWD models in Missouri?
  • Options
    md1801 said:

Does anyone have the March MF/Residuals for the EX-L AWD and the Touring AWD models in Missouri?

.00100 MF and 53%/49% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gxjosegxjose Member Posts: 15
    Can someone please provide updated Honda pilot Exl 2 wheel drive lease residual value and mf for 36 mo/15 mileper years. 
  • Options
    gxjose said:

Can someone please provide updated Honda pilot Exl 2 wheel drive lease residual value and mf for 36 mo/15 mileper years. 

.00100 and $2750 lease cash.

36/15 residual on the EX-L 2wd is 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    gxjosegxjose Member Posts: 15
    Michaell said:
    .00100 and $2750 lease cash. 36/15 residual on the EX-L 2wd is 54%
    Thank you Michaell for your quick response. 
  • Options
    hondafan14hondafan14 Member Posts: 23
    Lease question - Would appreciate a quick response.
    This is the quote I got from a dealer here in NJ. I think they can do better than this...

2015 Honda Pilot EX-L with Nav.
    MSRP - $39,850
    Selling Price - $33150 (Includes Destination)
    MF - .00100
    Residual - 53%
    Term - 36 / 12k
    Inception - $1700 (Bank fee - $595, Doc fee - $369, MV - $229.50, Tire tax - $7.50, First payment- $427)
    Monthly - $427

Do you think this is a good deal? Looking to go and get it today therefore please let me know what you think. :-)
  • Options

Lease question - Would appreciate a quick response.
    This is the quote I got from a dealer here in NJ. I think they can do better than this...

2015 Honda Pilot EX-L with Nav.
    MSRP - $39,850
    Selling Price - $33150 (Includes Destination)
    MF - .00100
    Residual - 53%
    Term - 36 / 12k
    Inception - $1700 (Bank fee - $595, Doc fee - $369, MV - $229.50, Tire tax - $7.50, First payment- $427)
    Monthly - $427

Do you think this is a good deal? Looking to go and get it today therefore please let me know what you think. :-)

I added $1000 on to the CAP cost for tax, and got $417/mo.

Looks like a pretty good deal, from here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    hondafan14hondafan14 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks. I hope the MF and residual they quoted was correct. Can you please confirm?
  • Options

Thanks. I hope the MF and residual they quoted was correct. Can you please confirm?

Confirmed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    fred195fred195 Member Posts: 1
    Honda has a special lease offer right now on 2015 Pilot. Trying to figure out best approach for negotiating lower monthly and/or down payment. I'm in OR where there is no sales tax. Here are posted details:

$2399 down, $269 month. 36/12k (Includes down payments with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and dealer fees. For well qualified lessees). They also have a no money down, $330 month for 35 months (yes, 35) offer on same car.

Closed end lease for 2015 Pilot 5 Speed Automatic 2WD Special Edition (YF3H3FJW) available from March 3, 2015 through April 13, 2015, to well-qualified lessees approved by Honda Financial Services. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $35,400.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $28,452.54. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $9,684.00. Option to purchase at lease end $20,532.00. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by April 13, 2015. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See your Honda dealer for complete details.
    http://northwesthondadealers.com/VehicleDetails/2015_Pilot_2WD_SE#offers

Any advice on how to approach this, what to ask for, what to offer, etc., is greatly appreciated! Fred
  • Options
    fred195 said:

Honda has a special lease offer right now on 2015 Pilot. Trying to figure out best approach for negotiating lower monthly and/or down payment. I'm in OR where there is no sales tax. Here are posted details:

$2399 down, $269 month. 36/12k (Includes down payments with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and dealer fees. For well qualified lessees). They also have a no money down, $330 month for 35 months (yes, 35) offer on same car.

Closed end lease for 2015 Pilot 5 Speed Automatic 2WD Special Edition (YF3H3FJW) available from March 3, 2015 through April 13, 2015, to well-qualified lessees approved by Honda Financial Services. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $35,400.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $28,452.54. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $9,684.00. Option to purchase at lease end $20,532.00. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by April 13, 2015. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See your Honda dealer for complete details.
    http://northwesthondadealers.com/VehicleDetails/2015_Pilot_2WD_SE#offers

Any advice on how to approach this, what to ask for, what to offer, etc., is greatly appreciated! Fred

Any national or regional lease deal is just "OK".

First, we don't recommend making any sort of down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Second, the advertised deal assumes a small discount from sticker - with good negotiation, you should be able to beat that price easily.

So - negotiate your best selling price (as if you were buying), and ensure the dealer isn't marking up the money factor on you. Your only out of pocket should be fees and taxes up front, plus the first months payment - unless you go with the $0 down deal, which waives the first months payment and rolls the other costs into the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    djy_99djy_99 Member Posts: 1
    Hello - have a lease question for the 2015 Special Edition Pilots (2WD and 4WD) that are currently being offered until April 13th via Honda.com.

Offer is $330/month for 2WD and $360/month for 4WD, 35 months/12K miles, with Zero Due At Lease Signing.

The question may have been asked before but what I would like to find out is why does the MSRP listed for both of the Zero Down offers differ from the MSRP when you price the same vehicle on Honda.com?

Ex: 2WD SE MSRP in the offer on Honda.com (including destination) is $35,400 but when you go to price the same vehicle (including destination and handling) without any extras the MSRP is $34,000.

Ex: 4WD SE MSRP in the offer on Honda.com (including destination) is $37,000 but when you go to price the vehicle (including destination and handling) without any extras the MSRP is $35,600.

The difference between the MSRP when you price the model vs. the zero down offers is $1,400 and I would just like to know what that $1400 is linked towards.
  • Options
    billykokomobillykokomo Member Posts: 7
    Hi - I am interested in leasing a 2015 Pilot EX-L 4WD - no nav. What is the money factor and residual value percentage for both 12k miles/year and 15k? Does Honda/AHFC have a loyalty discount available to the dealer to pass on for additional lease savings?
  • Options

Hi - I am interested in leasing a 2015 Pilot EX-L 4WD - no nav. What is the money factor and residual value percentage for both 12k miles/year and 15k? Does Honda/AHFC have a loyalty discount available to the dealer to pass on for additional lease savings?

53% and .00100 for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    hemgs1hemgs1 Member Posts: 41
    Would you please confirm the residual of 53% and MF of .001 are current for the 2015 pilot exl with nav @ 36 months 12k per year? Also does Honda have attractive terms for a 24 month lease? Is it possible to get the residual and MF for the touring @ 36/12? Also is there still $2500 lease cash? I assume this is used towards a cap cost reduction?
  • Options
    Sorry Fwd. Does 10k per year add 2% to the residual?
    hemgs1 said:
    Would you please confirm the residual of 53% and MF of .001 are current for the 2015 pilot exl with nav @ 36 months 12k per year? Also does Honda have attractive terms for a 24 month lease? Is it possible to get the residual and MF for the touring @ 36/12? Also is there still $2500 lease cash? I assume this is used towards a cap cost reduction?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hemgs1 said:

hemgs1 said:

Would you please confirm the residual of 53% and MF of .001 are current for the 2015 pilot exl with nav @ 36 months 12k per year?

Also does Honda have attractive terms for a 24 month lease?

Is it possible to get the residual and MF for the touring @ 36/12?

Also is there still $2500 lease cash? I assume this is used towards a cap cost reduction?

.00100 MF and 54% for 2015 EX-L w/NAV FWD for 36mo, 12K/yr.
    FWD Touring residual is 52%

10K/yr adds 1%.

24 month terms are not good

I don't see the lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    familyman15familyman15 Member Posts: 2
    I need some advice regarding a low credit score lease thru Honda. It is for a 2015 AWD SE. The local dealership was able to get honda to approve us but the terms are painful and i just wanted to get a gut check before signing. The money factor quoted was .0056 and they said honda wanted 5000 total due at signing. The payment for a 12K 36 mod was quoted at 540.00 a month with a selling price of 30700.00 and a list price of 37000 msrp. Thanks for any insight you can provide a quick response would be very helpful because we are in serious need ( our old car died)
  • Options

I need some advice regarding a low credit score lease thru Honda. It is for a 2015 AWD SE. The local dealership was able to get honda to approve us but the terms are painful and i just wanted to get a gut check before signing. The money factor quoted was .0056 and they said honda wanted 5000 total due at signing. The payment for a 12K 36 mod was quoted at 540.00 a month with a selling price of 30700.00 and a list price of 37000 msrp. Thanks for any insight you can provide a quick response would be very helpful because we are in serious need ( our old car died)

That is nuts... I don't have any experience with sub-prime credit, but $5000 upfront and $540/mo? That's equivalent to 13+% interest.. Are you sure the lease is through Honda credit?

If I had $5K to put upfront, I'd buy a used Chrysler minivan instead, and get by with a $300 payment, until I rebuilt my credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you traded in a hybrid for an SUV, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 24, 2015 and be sure to include your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience with your vehicles.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    familyman15familyman15 Member Posts: 2
    It is definitely thru Honda and definitely a lease. I know dealers can participate in financing rate but wasn't sure to what extent they can bump the Mff ? Any idea
    kyfdx said:

That is nuts... I don't have any experience with sub-prime credit, but $5000 upfront and $540/mo? That's equivalent to 13+% interest.. Are you sure the lease is through Honda credit?

If I had $5K to put upfront, I'd buy a used Chrysler minivan instead, and get by with a $300 payment, until I rebuilt my credit.
  • Options

It is definitely thru Honda and definitely a lease. I know dealers can participate in financing rate but wasn't sure to what extent they can bump the Mff ? Any idea

kyfdx said:

Generally, Honda dealers don't bump the money factor... As mentioned, I don't have a lot of experience with leases and poor credit, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    What is the mf and residual on the fwd ex-l w/o navi?
  • Options
    hemgs1 said:

What is the mf and residual on the fwd ex-l w/o navi?

.00100 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    How does, if at all, the residual and mf change of I go with the fwd ex-l WITHOUT navi? Thanks in advance.
    kyfdx said:
    hemgs1 said:
    .00100 MF and 54% for 2015 EX-L w/NAV FWD for 36mo, 12K/yr. FWD Touring residual is 52% 10K/yr adds 1%. 24 month terms are not good I don't see the lease cash
  • Options
    If I drop the back, on the ex-l 12/36 what are the residual and mf? Thanks in advance.
    kyfdx said:
    hemgs1 said:
    .00100 MF and 54% for 2015 EX-L w/NAV FWD for 36mo, 12K/yr. FWD Touring residual is 52% 10K/yr adds 1%. 24 month terms are not good I don't see the lease cash
  • Options
    Looks like my question was answered in a previous post. .0010 & 55%. Thanks. Sorry for the double post.
  • Options

Before I sign a lease with this dealership, I want to check on what they are offering.
    Here are the details:
    2015 EX-L no RES or Nav 2WD

MSRP: 36,250
    Selling: 32,000

Trade offer: 33,500
    Owe: 33,465

Payment: $450/month including taxes and fees with $500 down.

Is that a good deal?
    If not, what should I be pushing for?
    Thanks!

What is the lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    emeraldeyes13emeraldeyes13 Member Posts: 7
    Before I sign a lease with this dealership, I want to check on what they are offering.
    Here are the details:

Payment: $450/month including taxes and fees with $500 down.

Is that a good deal?
    If not, what should I be pushing for?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    36 months; 12k miles. And the payment is now down to $435/month including taxes and fees with $500 down.
  • Options
    Ignore the above; answered in another thread.
  • Options

36 months; 12k miles. And the payment is now down to $435/month including taxes and fees with $500 down.

With your MSRP and selling price, I get $377.30/mo before tax.

.00100 and 56% for EX-L 2WD.

What state is this and what is the tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2015
    N. Florida 7.5% tax.
    $500 dealer fee $500 acquisition fee
    MF is .00100.
  • Options

N. Florida 7.5% tax.
    MF is .00100.

With tax, I get a payment of $405.60/mo. Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Waiting to hear back from that dealer.. but asked a dealer an hour from here in S. Georgia and here's what they sent:

"I have two options for you. Right now Honda has a 0 down sign and drive lease all you do is sign and don't put any cash down. On the sign and drive you will be at $472 a month and if you go with the other lease where you have to make the first months payment up front you would be at $478 a month on it that is with no money down but you would be using your 500 cash down as the first months payment. We only have one Honda Pilot Exl in stock it is Blue in color. Now my manager is blowing this one out for you. If you want a different color it will be a little more money for us to go get you one. Also the Pilot MSRP is $36250.00 and I am discounting it to $30874.05 to sell it to you. If you have any questions please let me know. Also your first two oil changes are FREE.

On both of the lease the money factor is .00158 the residual on both is 56% which comes out to 20300.00 and the doc fee is 599 and the acquisition fee is 595. On the sign and drive lease your cap cost is $34198.06 and on the other lease your cap cost is $34412.06. "
  • Options
    Michaell said:

N. Florida 7.5% tax.
    MF is .00100.

With tax, I get a payment of $405.60/mo. Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is.
    Net cap cost is $32,950.22
  • Options

Waiting to hear back from that dealer.. but asked a dealer an hour from here in S. Georgia and here's what they sent:

"I have two options for you. Right now Honda has a 0 down sign and drive lease all you do is sign and don't put any cash down. On the sign and drive you will be at $472 a month and if you go with the other lease where you have to make the first months payment up front you would be at $478 a month on it that is with no money down but you would be using your 500 cash down as the first months payment. We only have one Honda Pilot Exl in stock it is Blue in color. Now my manager is blowing this one out for you. If you want a different color it will be a little more money for us to go get you one. Also the Pilot MSRP is $36250.00 and I am discounting it to $30874.05 to sell it to you. If you have any questions please let me know. Also your first two oil changes are FREE.

On both of the lease the money factor is .00158 the residual on both is 56% which comes out to 20300.00 and the doc fee is 599 and the acquisition fee is 595. On the sign and drive lease your cap cost is $34198.06 and on the other lease your cap cost is $34412.06. "

Michaell said:

N. Florida 7.5% tax.
    MF is .00100.

OK, I didn't realize you were in Georgia. Georgia has what is known as an "Ad Valorem" tax of 6.75% that is applied to the entire selling price of the car when you lease. This makes the lease payment more expensive than other states where only the monthly payment is subject to sales tax.

I don't understand why they are quoting such a high MF on you - the base MF for the Pilot is .00100.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

N. Florida 7.5% tax.
    MF is .00100.

OK, I didn't realize you were in Georgia. Georgia has what is known as an "Ad Valorem" tax of 6.75% that is applied to the entire selling price of the car when you lease. This makes the lease payment more expensive than other states where only the monthly payment is subject to sales tax.

I don't understand why they are quoting such a high MF on you - the base MF for the Pilot is .00100.
    No I'm in FL. I talked to two different dealerships. The second one is in Georgia. The numbers you ran in the beginning were for FL and then you asked me to get the net cap cost for you which is $32,950.22.

The second situation I posted is the quote I got from the dealer that is in GA an hour away from me. I don't know why they are doing that for the MF either.

But, so they are all in one place, here are the details for the dealer in FL where I live:

Net cap cost: 32,950.22
    Sales tax: 7.5%
    Term: 36mo/12,000 miles
    $500 dealer fee. $500 acquisition fee

Payment $435/month tax included with $500 down is what they are wanting for the FL dealer.
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

N. Florida 7.5% tax.
    MF is .00100.

No I'm in FL. I talked to two different dealerships. The second one is in Georgia. The numbers you ran in the beginning were for FL and then you asked me to get the net cap cost for you which is $32,950.22.

The second situation I posted is the quote I got from the dealer that is in GA an hour away from me. I don't know why they are doing that for the MF either.

But, so they are all in one place, here are the details for the dealer in FL where I live:

Net cap cost: 32,950.22
    Sales tax: 7.5%
    Term: 36mo/12,000 miles
    $500 dealer fee. $500 acquisition fee

Payment $435/month tax included with $500 down is what they are wanting for the FL dealer.
    Thanks for summarizing everything for me. Using the base MF of .00100 and the 36/12 residual of 56%, I get the same payment the dealer does - $435/mo.

Only way to improve on that is to negotiate a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mickeymouse1mickeymouse1 Member Posts: 49
    I am in the market for a 2015 Honda Pilot SE 4 X 4 lease...so far, the best price I have received is $1139 down and $362(with all tax) per month for 35 months...15000 miles per year
  • Options

I am in the market for a 2015 Honda Pilot SE 4 X 4 lease...so far, the best price I have received is $1139 down and $362(with all tax) per month for 35 months...15000 miles per year

What is the MSRP? The selling price? The state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tbuker13tbuker13 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    Wondering what your thoughts are on this, I live in Chicago:

2015 Pilot EX-L RES
    MSRP $39,450
    Cap Cost $33,489
    Residual $21,697.50
    $2099 down
    Taxes $1,145
    Fees $389.43
    Mo. pmt $324 plus $29 in city tax

3yr/36000

Thanks
  • Options
    tbuker13 said:

Wondering what your thoughts are on this, I live in Chicago:

2015 Pilot EX-L RES
    MSRP $39,450
    Cap Cost $33,489
    Residual $21,697.50
    $2099 down
    Taxes $1,145
    Fees $389.43
    Mo. pmt $324 plus $29 in city tax

3yr/36000

Thanks

I'll assume AWD since you are in Chicago...

54% residual and .00100 MF .. with your MSRP and cap cost I get a payment of $393.29/mo. Is the $2099 all going to cap cost reduction? Are you rolling the taxes and fees into the cap cost? I don't see how you can get to $324/mo pre-tax ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tbuker13tbuker13 Member Posts: 3
    I couldn't figure it out either. I would assume the money down is cap cost reduction and no I don't belive the figure is rolling the taxes and fees. Only thing I got to jive was the tax amount on the payment. They told me it was a dealership specific special.