Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    If you check the specs on the 2005 Hyundai Tuscon info page, you'll see that each trim level comes in a FWD and 4WD version.
    For an explanation of the difference bewtween AWD and 4WD, take a look in the 4WD & AWD systems explained discussion.
  • Options
    grizfangrizfan Member Posts: 7
    I'm not sure where to post, so I'll start here. I just purchased a new car in the next state (better deal/selection) and drove it home. I paid with a cashier's check, but I want to make sure I have all my paperwork lined up so I don't run into any hassles trying to register it. How long does it take for the title to arrive?

In order to register the new car in my state, I need 3 things:
    The vehicle with me at the DMV
    Signed bill of sale (I have that)
    Title or certificate of origin

It is the last item that confuses me. I looked through the paperwork I received from the out-of-state dealer, and as far as I could tell, it didn't include a certificate of origin. But, the dealer did say they were sending some docs over to my local DMV.

To further complicate things, the dealer was robbed the next day, and the robbers took the dealer's safe with, you guessed it, the cashier's check I used to pay for the vehicle. Now, the check was made to the dealer, the dealer took possession of the check, provided me with a signed receipt for the check, in addition to the other paperwork I received. So far, I trust the dealership, and have found them to be honest and straight-forward. But, I'm still a bit nervous about this situation. The dealership would like me to cancel the cashier's check, and I'm working with my bank to see what we can do, but I'd feel a lot better with title in hand ;)

So, if anyone has any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it!

thanks!
  • Options
    endonendendonend Member Posts: 3
    I accidentally piggybacked the message below to someone else's thread. How do I create my own in the climate control section?

My 2002 Mazda Protege had air conditioning service done at the dealership just a month ago. More freon was added and the systen was checked for leaks. Besides having to add more freon, the dealership stated there was nothing wrong.

I now notice that when I'm driving, the air seems to lose a bit of pressure and then come back. I notice a slight decrease in temp as well when this happens. Also, while driving, when the air starts acting up, it feels like my car accelerates a slight bit and then goes back to normal. When I'm at idle and I have the air problem, I'll step on the gas and it feels like the car wants to jump out of its body.

The temp isn't what bothers me most, its the slight acceleration then decelaration of the car while driving at a steady speed. Any idea on what this could be? I had someone tell me it could be the compressor.
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I would try Buying used cars from out of state. Even though you're talking about a new car the issues will be very similar.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    First, search through the topics in the Mazda Protege group to see whether any fit your issues. If not, then click the "Add a Discussion" link on that page.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    aggiequeaggieque Member Posts: 11
    I have a question regarding terminating a lease. I have a '04 BMW 530 that comes off lease in November. I have the option to turn it in or lease/finance the remaining ~$30K. With one more child coming, I am considering moving to 6-8 passenger CUV but the models I am interested in ('08 Highlander Hybrid and '09 Pilot) will be released after my lease ends. Am I torn on refinancing the car when I plan on turning it end by mid-year 2008. Any advice or forums to review? thanks in advance for your assistance.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    skyfieldskyfield Member Posts: 2
    Hello, below I will describe the situation I am in with my Prius and anyone who has advice and information, I welcome your replies!! First, I will just ask the main questions I have in case you don't want o read the whole story:

1) How often does the ECM give false error messages on Priuses?

2) Are the ECMs of Priuses known to go out after their warranty ends around 80,000 miles?

I am the 2nd owner of a 2002 Prius with 88,160 miles. The master warning light of the hybrid system came on the other day. The one with the exclamation mark and that the owner's manual says, "Take immediately to dealership!" I called the dealership and had the car towed in, as per instructions.

They are saying it is the ECM (engine control module) and that in addition to this they must replace the gas tank...they said it was a "no start" code. I asked my husband's father about this and he said the bulletin on this problem is as they are saying...they aren't trying to do unnecessary repairs.

The service shop said it would be $1800. I said, Yikes! I asked them to restart the computer, you know, clear it and see if the problem happened again. They started it three times and I have started it and driven it twice with no problems since.

Thing is, we also asked them if we could get the Toyota rep to comp the part since it is close to the warranty. They said they could do this, making the repairs cost $1100.

So, should we go ahead and get the service done since this may be the cheapest we will be able to get it, considering that there may actually be something wrong with the ECM, it just hasn't happened yet OR should we just wait and have to maybe pay more later, thinking that sometimes the ECM gives false warning messages.

I know that around 30,000 or so miles, the first owner had all the warning lights come on and they just reset the computer and nothing happened after that, but I am not sure of the details of that situation, if that even matters.

Please, any advice/expertise would help! I have no idea what to do!

Oh, and the mileage has been down from around 55 MPG city driving to 40 MPGs. But we have been using the AC and it has been 106 F everyday in Memphis TN lately, making, I thught, the gas burn off faster. However, it may be a problem with the ECM and fuel efficiency of the car...
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's gotten hotter in Memphis since I lived there 30 years ago!

Check out the Toyota Prius group. There should be a few discussions there that you may be interested in posting in.
  • Options
    mainman2mainman2 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know who Manfactures the GPS systems installed in BMW vehicles?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    Probably best to ask in the 3-series discussions, as they get the most traffic.

BMW 3-Series: FAQ

BMW 335i 2007+

Someone in one of those discussions should know.. (I'm guessing Alpine).

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pgarrodpgarrod Member Posts: 1
    My son has a 1994 Concorde that has begun cutting off on him. He will be driving when it suddenly cuts off. There will be no warning lights or messages. He said it even restarted itself once after cutting off. :(
  • Options
    buxfan1buxfan1 Member Posts: 1
    I received the dealer invoice listing for a 2008 Lexus RX350. One of the charges listed under the "subtotal" is "LDA" with an associated price of $582. Does anyone know what "LDA" means?
  • Options
    Try posting in the Chrysler Concorde discussion. There's also a Chrysler Concorde Electrical Issues discussion that may offer some clues.
  • Options
    That's a Lexus Dealer Advertisement charge. Check in the Lexus RX 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion and also in Toyota Advertising Fees for suggestions on how to avoid (or ignore) it.

The Out The Door (OTD) Pricing questions discussion may be of interest too.
  • Options
    mfagg49mfagg49 Member Posts: 3
    how do you adjust the emergency brake on a 2005 chevrolet express cargo van
  • Options
    Give Chevy Express/GMC Savana: Brakes a try.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    notsosmartnotsosmart Member Posts: 2
    Hey All,

Are there any special tools needed when doing a break job on a 2004 MVP? I will be changing the Break Pads and Rotors for both front and read wheals. One of my also not so smart buddies said I may need a tool for the Rear Calapers?????? PLEASE HELP
  • Options
    Best place to ask about this would be in the Mazda MPV: Care & Maintenance discussion
  • Options
    jisraeljisrael Member Posts: 4
    Background: We leased, and paid 100% of the lease up front, on a 2006 Trailblazer in fall of 2005. It turned out to be a lemon and after fighting GM they replaced it in Jan 2006 with another 2006 Trailblazer. A few months ago we moved to another state and are getting ready to turn in the Trailblazer this fall.

Today when my wife goes to get her new plates on the Trailblazer we find out that the Chevy dealer made a mistake and put the title of the replacement Trailblazer in our name, not GMAC, and has was marked as a purchase not lease. We have the title in our name and in our possession that should have gone to GMAC. GMAC has the Trailblazer listed as leased but they do not have any copies of the title. My wife called the dealer and the lady from the title dept told her that the replaced Trailblazer is listed as a purchase not a lease. The dealership asked my wife to mail the title to them they would fix it and get the new title to GMAC.

After everything we went through with this dealer and the lemon I do not trust anyone that works at that place. I am not going to send it in yet. I am thinking about holding out to see what they do... after all I do have the title in my possession and in my name. Thoughts?

Thanks
  • Options
    elikasadamelikasadam Member Posts: 10
    Can someone help me with the garage opener in 2006 Subaru Tribeca? Thanks...
  • Options
    I think General Questions about Leasing Vehicles would be the best place to ask.
  • Options
    elikasadamelikasadam Member Posts: 10
    Can someone tell what's wrong with my car - the ABS and the BREAK ligth come ON and OFF while driving. The car is still driving very good. Please help me. Thanks...
  • Options
    One of the Tribeca Group discussions, like the Tribeca Care & Maintenance one, would be the place to ask for help.
  • Options
  • Options
    jcj99jcj99 Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to find a link where a list of the manufacturers incentives is located. This would be for rebates, leasing, etc. thanks!
  • Options
    The laundry list for the US is at the Incentives and Rebates page. There may be some other incentives (armed forces, college grads, etc.) that you can ask about in the Prices Paid board for the make/models you are interested in. That's a good place to ask about specific money factors for leasing too.
  • Options
    Head on over to the Current Incentives & Rebates page here at Edmunds to see what we have listed as being out there in your region.
  • Options
    jkash76jkash76 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know an easy step by step guide on for changing the front and rear brake pads on a 1999 Chevy Blazer 4X4?

I would prefer not to buy a manual. I read the Haynes and it seemed a bit confusing...
  • Options
    jkash76jkash76 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 199 4 Door Blazer 4X4. Anyone know where the jacking points are?
  • Options
    I think Host Kyfdx is tackling that very problem on his CR-V this weekend, lol.

Try asking for help in the Blazer/Jimmy Brake Problems discussion. The Chevy Blazer GMC Jimmy Maintenance and Repair discussion would be a place to ask about the jack points.

And check out the links in the Online Repair Manuals Guide to see if any online repair info is available in your area - I've found lots of free stuff that way for my Nissan.
  • Options
    hoangsonhoangson Member Posts: 2
    Living in vietnam and I ordered a 2.4 LE camry from USA , now it is shipping to my home.

Vietnam is so crowded with various kind of transportation on streets, so I think it's easy and comfort to drive a car with auto CVT shift as equipped on 2.4 camry.

Driving manual shift car for years but this is the first time I drive an auto shift one. Does anyone help me using the shift probably and accurately?

When I'm driving the D gear, Do I have to stop before changing to position 3 or 2 or L if ready to get over a bridge or rough roads?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Best place to ask this would be in the 2007 Toyota Camry Transmission Questions discussion.
  • Options
    tbostonprtbostonpr Member Posts: 2
    zip 90049. with x-plan anda few options (moon roof,running boards). invoice is 30,200. is this a good price for 07 model? can i use incentives with 0% apr for 48 months? can i get the price down further? first time car buyer! :D
  • Options
    Try posting in the Prices Paid discussion you'll find in the
    Ford Explorer Group
  • Options
    outerspaceouterspace Member Posts: 1
    I need a deal that can bury 7000 negative equity and be under 600 for under 30 months
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Wow...

Don't know if any dealer would write anything like that. You may want to read through our Owe more than it's worth... I'm upside down and I can't get up! discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    I am looking to lease a small or midsize SUV. Currently I like the outlander, rav4, rdx, xc90, cx-7, tribeca, etc. With so many choices I am having a hard time making up my mind. I want to keep my payments somewhat low but I also want comfort. I am looking at paying between 300 to 500 a month, 0 down. I would really like to have power seats with memory, bluetooth, automatic AC/lights/wipers, I will also get the tow package so enough power for that will be necessary.
    I am basically looking for the perfect balance of price vs comfort. I am also considering buying used, probably CPO but leasing looks more attractive to me since I tend to change cars every 2 years or so.
    Thanks for any advice.
  • Options
    Well since you're not sure about which vehicle it's difficult to point you to a specific discussion. You probably want to look at the various vehicle pricing and leasing discussions in the Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences group.

For general discussion of leasing try General Questions about Leasing Vehicles
  • Options
    albert_palomoalbert_palomo Member Posts: 1
    While driving my jeep to work; the engine just died on me. No warning light no hesitation. Tried to re start nothing it will only crank over does not kick on. Yes, I have gas. Is there any checks I can do before paying an uncertain amount of money to get it looked at? :confuse:
  • Options
    Try asking in the "No Start" Problems discussion. And check out the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee discussions to see if one in there sounds like your symptoms. This may be a good one to look at:

JGC Idle and Stall Problems
  • Options
    aek3aek3 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, here is the deal. I am, today, head to head with a Hyundai manager who is quoting Edmunds! We have made it through the battle of the invoice price and have settled on the price of the car (Sonata '07), but when they faxed their invoice it had a $500 advertising fee (that he RELUCTANTLY) told me what it was, and a $600 freight and Handling fee. He claims he cannot budge on either price and is willing to let me walk (I think). He also said the Edmunds tells buyers that these prices are non negotiatble and to pay them. Not true, but it does say some things cannot be accountable for in the tmv. I was calm, cool, and collected on the phone and told him I would work numbers and call back. I would gladly walk but time is really an issue here and this is the closest dealer within 45 miles. Also, the other dealer is playing other games.

What do you think? Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    Both of you may want to peruse the posts in the Out The Door (OTD) Pricing questions discussion. ;)

In brief, focus on the price that you want to pay, and don't waste time negotiating the line items. Compare notes with other new owners in the Hyundai Sonata: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.
  • Options
    lr3suckslr3sucks Member Posts: 9
    I have a LR3 HSE with 600 miles on it. The audio system and navigation system became inoperable. The trip computer remained functional, but not correctly. This was on Sunday so there was no service at the dealership. On Monday, there was no electic operation at all. The vehicle would not jump start and had to be towed to the dealership. The dealer claims they could jump start the vehicle and everything was working correctly after that. Has anyone had similar system problems, and what happened?
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Looks like you found a good place to start: lr3sucks, "Land Rover LR3" #4309, 29 Aug 2007 11:06 pm. Hope we can help.
  • Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    There's no reason why couldn't post any questions about portable systems in, "Navigation GPS Systems"

Oops... that one must have been hiding from me. Thanks.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    storrsstorrs Member Posts: 5
    I have a used radio but I can't use it without a code.
    I was wondering were to get the list of codes.
    Thank You.
  • Options
    Try asking in Daewoo Maintenance and Repair.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    ronusmcmmaronusmcmma Member Posts: 3
    My 1998 Altima has a problem only before it is warmed up. I n the morning before work it starts fine, but as soon as I put it into ether drive or reverse it starts to shudder and stall. It kinda lurches and lugs along for at least a block or two before it clears up.I don't understand why it only happens after it sets all night .Its ok if it only setts for a few hours. We`ve put it into the shop only to have them replace the CV joint and axle assemblies on both sides. They needed it but it did not address the problem .Thay cant seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Ron
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Try posting your questions in Nissan Altima Maintenance & Repair.