Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ram60ram60 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for sharing your information. I am in the process of negotiating for what sounds like a similar model. Would you mind me asking what the Total Cap cost was for your deal? Also did you do a trade in ? Thanks in advance for the info.

Cheers,
  • Options
    kmt123kmt123 Member Posts: 6
    Did they have M35's or just M45's?
  • Options
    ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    I received what I feel is a very fair offer on either a 2006 M35 Sport or a 2006 M45 Sport w/ Journey, Tech, and Sirius packages. 39 months, 15,000 miles. 1st payment down only, $595 + tax on M35 sport, $665 + tax on M45 sport. I was told the car is being sold at invoice. I suppose it must be a decent deal when a competing dealership insists you are lying to them.
  • Options
    devbrattdevbratt Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted a lease price for a 2006 M35X with Journey package, with 28K per year for 2 years at $686/month and $4000 down (this includes all taxes ((8.125 is the tax rate for me since I live in NY). So is this a good deal or bad? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    lurkerlurker Member Posts: 9
    The Infiniti dealer in Huntsville, AL claims they don't plan to get any 2007 M's until late this year.

Their Sales Manager says their overall business has been off this past year. I don't think they are selling many of them because they won't meet the competition from Birmingham or Atlanta. (BTW, Nashville Infiniti told me they bought Huntsville Infiniti a while back.)

Huntsville Infiniti also told me that there is no break-in period for the M, so it's Ok to wring them out during test drives.....phew!
  • Options
    sfcharliesfcharlie Member Posts: 402
    This is one of the strangest and, from a sales-marketing standpoint, one of the most self-destructive year-to-year transitions I've witnessed. It has seemed as if the 2007 M35s looming on the horizon have had the usual effect of slowing down sales (Infiniti sales have been down this May and June from what they were last May and June), but stretching things out in this ambiguous way wouldn't seem to bring any advantage to Nissan. Odd and troubling.

Also, my M35 manual clearly spells out a 1200 mile break-in period with cautions about going over 4000 rpm, etc.
  • Options
    ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    This sounds an awful lot like a dealer who is giving up the infiniti franchise and trying to unload 2006's before they give infiniti's up completely.

No serious dealer would not order 2007 cars.

Alternatively, they may have just too many over equipped cars and they are desparate to sell them so they tell you what they think will help them dump those cars.

Doesn't matter which is the case....this should suggest that you might want to shop at one of the bigger dealerships around you
  • Options
    ghstudio...do you have the sense that nobody really knows when the 2007s are arriving (perhaps, including Infinity dealers) or do you think it is now known that their arrival is immanent and this one dealer was just mystifying the scene for his own purposes?
  • Options
    most of the dealers already have their first shipment of 2007's. It's not a mystery.
  • Options
    mwgmwg Member Posts: 28
    My one suggestion, I'm sure there will be others, is to find out the selling price of the car on which the calculatiuons are based. It should be at or below invoice. This is especially true in NJ , where I bought an M35 at invoice three months ago.

Emgee
  • Options
    ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    Picking up my M35 sport lease on monday...has journey, tech w/ sirius, and rear spoiler...MSRP $50,670, cap cost $46,215. I have to pay first pmt of $600 + $550 acquisition fee + $52 tag fee + doc fee of $598 (Profit fee)...Not happy about the doc fee but the Atlanta dealer is shipping the car in from Charlotte, and it is the last M35 sport Journey Tech w/ sirius, Graphite with Stone interior around...The doc fee BS is outta control in Atlanta, but I didn't feel like fighting over peanuts when they are going out of their way to get the car for me, and have treated me great. Only decision left is whether to lease it for 24 months, or 39 months...the terms are practically identical...
  • Options
    lsachslsachs Member Posts: 13
    I am about to lease a 2006 M35x with Journey/tech/splash guards / trunk mat. I wanted the space saving spare tire as I can't remember the last time I actually drove more then 5 miles on a spare.

The dealer I am working with has what appears to be the car I want. According to something he showed me it has 4 options
    1) Journey Package
    2) Tech Pkg - Sirius
    3) - Splash Guards
    4) - Trunk mat w/ optional full spare.

The car shows a sticker of 51140.

According to Edmunds the price of the car with a trunk mat w/o the optional full spare would be 51140.

If I price it w/ full spare it comes to 51340 (and I would think the tire would list as another option).

Any thoughts? Do you think they listed the wrong mat? Was there a $200 price change (increase) earlier in the model year and this is an old car?

Would also appreciate from anyone who has the full spare regarding trunck space thoughts.

Thanks

Larry
  • Options
    logs1logs1 Member Posts: 10
    Can purchase new '06 M35 w/ Journey package, Nav, Siruis radio for $44,991.85 OTD. No trade.

Break down is:

$42,091.00 - vehicle invoice
    $43,081.41 - selling price (includes $650 destination fee)
    $563 - "Official fees" (documentattion, air, BS fee)
    $1292.44 - tax (3% in NC)
    $55 - tags/transfer fee

Thoughts on this deal?

Thanks
  • Options
    logs1logs1 Member Posts: 10
    I cannot get your math to work for me. When I use a variety of lease calculators, I get a payment of $689.64 a month, using all of the data that you provided.

Cap cost - $45,016
    Residual - 66% = $29,710.56
    Money Factor - .00042
    NC tax - 3%
    term - 24 months
    mileage = 15,000 a year
    Payment = $689.64 using the above

What am I missing here?
  • Options
    jeffreyzjeffreyz Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am interested in purchasing either a 2007 G35 or a leftover 2006 M35 base with premium/tech. Has anyone found an exceedingly good deal on a 2006 M now that the 2007 ones are appearing?

Thanks
  • Options
    you should be able to buy a 2006 M35 for just a few hundred over invoice....and then you can lease it for essentially 0 percent interest for 2 years.

Seems to me that this is a great deal...
  • Options
    jkellynewyorkjkellynewyork Member Posts: 3
    I dont know if this is a deal but here are my results. The dealer said it is cheaper now because they are getting rid of 2006 models - your selection is limited (you cant order new 2006 model).

Just leased from Infiniti of Manhattan an ivory pearl, black interior, M35x with Tech and Journey + full spare, 2 year lease, 12,000 miles per year.

Agreed upon value - $48,124 (includes 550 acq. fee)
    Upfront payments - $3931 (includes $795 bank fee, $650 disposition fee, $995 down payment, $1,273 taxes, + misc reg., title, etc.)
    Total gross capitalized cost - 48,674 (includes $550 acq. fee)
    Adjusted capital cost - $46,234 (includes bank fee, disposition fee and down payment)
    Residual value - $34,317
    Total monthly payment (which includes tax) - $532

*** Warning -I think people should know this because I was completely unaware being a first time leasee. You might not get the monthly payment amount first stated by the dealer. They told me at first that it would be $527 per month. After they called me and said credit all checked out had me come in to sign the papers they said my FICO was only 702 and for the rate they gave me I needed a 750 or above. I tell them I have almost a $90,000 student loans locked in at 3% which is giving me the lower rate and a $15,000 on a credit card at 0% for the next year. But I have $220+ equity in home and about $70K in cash. I explained to them that it is cheaper for me to not pay off loans (Citi 5% insured savings now, etc.). They dont care they said. They said that it is Infiniti Finance and they only look at the credit score. So the dealer wanted to charge me $20 more a month. First he swore up and down up could not do anything about this but when I said that I am not signing and went to walk away he said wait, he went to another office, came back said his manager will meet half way, went though the song and dance again, finally got it to only $5 more a month, but not before a lot of arguing and aggravation.
  • Options
    Why do readers of these forums continue to make down payments on leases. DON'T TO IT!!!! Read the M35 lease forum and you'll learn quite a few things.

So you pay taxes up front AND you pay taxes on the monthly payments in NY???? Doesn't sound right, but NY has it's own funny laws.

Why were you surprised that a lower FICO score results in a higher monthly payment? Every dealer I've ever known quotes lease rates for someone in the highest FICO tier. If you have a lower FICO rating, you will have to pay more for the lease and you will pay more for your auto insurance, your home loan and your homeowners insurance
    etc. If you have a bankrupcy, you probably won't be able to lease the car at all. There is no way for a dealer to know any of this until you give them the information to look at your individual situation.
  • Options
    I had no choice with the down payment-It was a required part of the package in order to get the special monthly rate.

If I did not pay taxes up front they are charging my about 12.99% interest to roll it foward.

I did not have to pay more on my insurance, mortgage, or homeowners insurance - I recieved the top rates -- and I had the same FICO score.
  • Options
    seihughseihugh Member Posts: 10
    Everyone with a little extra cash should ask to put down a security deposit ... my deposit of 5K saved me 120$ a month on a 36 month lease...
  • Options
    If you are refering to "multiple security deposits" then I absolutely agree with you...it's a great way to save money.

However, just to reiterate, putting money down on the lease up front is a very poor practice for many reasons. Don't do it.
  • Options
    max929max929 Member Posts: 16
    Just wanted to say that I had a great purchase experience at Infiniti of Columbus Ohio. I ended up with a 2007 M35x (Crimson/Graphite with Tech, Advanced Tech, HID, Spoiler and splash guards). They only had 3 2006s left and didnt really have the colors/features I was looking for so I went ahead with the 2007.

I was a VPP customer and that made things very easy. I went with a 21 month lease and went 0 money up front except I paid multiple security deposits to reduce the payment. Took all the remaining capital in my trade and had them cut me a check. They were extremely helpful as I ran them through all the buy/lease alternatives etc and after a few hours there, drove away in my new M with a big smile!

Kudos to them it was a great buying experience!

Max929
  • Options
    docgarydocgary Member Posts: 17
    Curious as to the 12.99% interest to put in sales tax into the lease payments. I've leased a number of cars in NJ and NY- taxes paid up front or rolled in lease was my choice- interest was based on the factor/int rate.

what is your monthly payment?
  • Options
    The monthly payment would have been $586 with the 8.25% new york tax rolled forward. Instead my monthly payment is $532. I did not actually calculate 12.99%, I just threw that number out there. I am not a math guy but I calculated $532 multiplied by 8.25% should only be about $576 a month, so I figured they were charging an extra $10 a month on a $44.5 tax payment each month (total $1,069 taxes) which seemed really high.
  • Options
    lovephotolovephoto Member Posts: 9
    Does the M 35x have heated seats. Somehow I didn't see that listed in their brochure.
  • Options
    Heated, when the heater is on AND cooled, when the air conditioner is on IF you get the Journey Package (at least that's how it was with the 2006) where it's listed as "Climate-controlled front seats."
  • Options
    mylomylo Member Posts: 2
    Okay.. Now I am concerned after reading these posts... Some folks seem to have saved BIG $ on 2006 models. I leased a 2006 M45 Sport Listing at $58,700.00 (Fully loaded) 15,000 miles a year. $1900.00 total out of pocket and $695.00 per month for 24 months... What do you think?
  • Options
    I don't understand why you put $1900 down which was probably a bad idea....but aside from that, what did your dealer use to calculate your lease price? (mf and residual and capital (negotiated) cost)). You also don't say if your monthly payment includes taxes or not. If you leased without knowing these, then you were a prime candidate to being fleeced. You didn't give us enough information to tell you if you did great or terribly

Since you've already leased the car, just enjoy driving it....doesn't matter a bit how well you negotatiated at this point.
  • Options
    raketaraketa Member Posts: 1
    What's good deal on a 2007 M35x in the midwest? What kind of discounts are people seeing off MSRP? I am looking at one with a MSRP of $48,230.
  • Options
    mylomylo Member Posts: 2
    $1,900 down included the first month payment of $695.00 tags and registration and roughly a $1,000.00 cap cost reduction. My $695.00 does include tax. I LOVE my car! I just wondered if my deal was out of sorts, so I could learn from my mistake.
  • Options
    your only mistake was that $1000 capital cost reduction....you would have saved more money if you had added a little money and made two extra security deposits which would have brought down your money factor. Read back in the leasing forum about multiple security deposits
  • Options
    martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    If you were not seeking the best deal on a car, why would you be reading and/or posting on a "Prices paid/buying experience" forum? I have found these forums to be invaluable in purchasing my last four personal, family vehicles (Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes, and Toyota) and four friends' vehicles during the last two years. Knowing what other people are paying has allowed me to pre-negotiate all of my deals on the phone and, in fact, has made my most recent car buying experiences particularly stress free. If you think trying to keep more of our hard earned money and giving less to car dealers makes us "grinders," big sport, just pay MSRP for the "luxury experience" and subsidize the rest of us who care. Thanks!
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Don't take it too much to heart what donnyd said. "Grinders" is an insider term, so I'm guessing he's a car salesman. He may be here simply to gather counter-intelligence to help him further fleece customers by knowing the tactics and deflecting them.
  • Options
    yummie825yummie825 Member Posts: 3
    I have been interested in buying/financing an M35X for a while now but decided to wait until August to do so because I thought that the dealers would give me a better deal for the 2006 models, since the 2007 just came out.

I understand that there seems to be a difference in the packaging of options from the 2006 to 2007 model. In the 2006, heated seats/cooling seats were not standard, but were included in the Journey package. Now, they are standard. I guess my question is, what comes with the base model in the 2007 M35X?

Also, I find it peculiar that one of the dealers I have been coresponding with has offered me:

1. 2006 M35X with Journey No NAV @ $43,369
    2. 2007 M35X @ $42,500.

The assistant manager was unsure about how the packaging worked on the 2007, unfortunately so I have no further details regarding that car. Why is there such a big price difference? I would expect that the 2006 model would be cheaper than the 2007... also, is the 2007 price a reasonable price? What about 2006?

Thanks!
  • Options
    If you don't want nav then the 07 is the much better buy...They made most of the optional journey package in the 06 standard in the 07. The one thing you lose are the HID lights which, for some unknown reason, are now only available with the advanced technology package in the x. The 07 has a much improved passenger seat which was one of the few faults in the 06. In my opinion, you won't miss the HID lights and your passenger will enjoy the better passenger seat. You will enjoy the money you saved :). Check out edmunds new car prices and decide for yourself if $42500 is a good price.
  • Options
    thank you - i did exactly just that before I came to check the forum :) at an invoice of $41,588, $42,500 seems pretty reasonable!
  • Options
    metfan4lifemetfan4life Member Posts: 3
    what prices are you guys paying for a 2007 M35X with HID, tech package and advanced tech package? lists for $51,450 or $46,974 invoice. NJ to be specific.
  • Options
    turtleman2turtleman2 Member Posts: 1
    fyi -

NJ Dealer offered 2007 M35x with tech package - 21 month lease, 18k, at $619 (inc taxes) $3000 out of pocket
  • Options
    metfan4lifemetfan4life Member Posts: 3
    thx for the help. however, not looking to lease but buy. any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    just bought the 07 Base Model yesterday in Bergan County-

Invoice: 40,588
    MSRP: 45,330
    Dealer's Offer and I took it at: 42,500
    Including Taxes: 46,000 + some change (tire tax of $7.50, $189 of inscribing the VIN in the window, $319 of inspection and registration for 4 years, and 7% NJ State Tax)

If you buy by the end of the month, you should be able to get a good deal.
  • Options
    m35obsessedm35obsessed Member Posts: 9
    I just got a drive out quote for a 2007 M35 Sport with the technology package, xm radio, and the body kit for $49,573. Is this a good deal? This is my first quote so I told them I need to shop around so more. Is there anyone out there got a drive out price for 48K? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    spargsspargs Member Posts: 3
    Looking at the M35x AWD. MSRP without options is $44,550 with an invoice price of $40,938. MSRP with options is about $52,000 with an invoice of $47,500. Edmunds TMV is the MSRP. Is this because the TMV hasn't been updated because there is not enough information on the 2007 models? What are people paying? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    Just purchased (well actually leased) one of the last two 2006 M35x left at Chicago north suburb Dealership...they had white and silver vehicles remaining with typical package of Journey, technology, mud flaps and mats with:

MSRP: 51,140
    Edmunds/KBB invoice: 46,626
    Negotiated selling price: 46,901 ($275 over invoice)

If I wanted to prolong the dickering, maybe would have gotten closer to invoice or $100 over but nearest other dealer was 35 miles away and this place is 3 miles from home. Also silver is the color I wanted.

Reading the lease tips forum was extremely helpful in that you must follow the mantra: pay only first payment, title and license fees to walk out the door.

I used 3 security deposits to reduce money factor from .00089 to .00059. Gave 70 % residual for 21 month, 12000 mile lease (that's probably inflated).

Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with the car (actually really wanted M45 but spouse requires AWD--so will wait and get the now announced for 2008 M45 with AWD! in 21 months).

Also, can confirm that the passenger front seat adjustments are unsatisfactory--in 2006, Infiniti used cheaper controls than used for driver: the seat front under your thigh cannot be raised (I suppose they saved all of $11 per car). In fact, my wife said she felt like she was sitting too low. Happily, she is not often a passenger in this car.
    Can also confirm that passenger seat front is fully adjustable in 2007 models).
  • Options
    allagarooallagaroo Member Posts: 88
    Hi,

Is this negotiable.

Thanks
  • Options
    mesent02mesent02 Member Posts: 1
    I'm buying a 2007 M35 tomorrow w/ Journey and Tech package, as well as the requisite splash guards and trunk mat.

MSRP is $46,660. Invoice is $42,667. Split the difference at $44,660. No hassle.

Seem like a decent deal?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,313
    Most captive finance companies will waive this fee, if you lease another vehicle through them.

But, the dealership has no authority to waive the fee during the purchase/leasing process.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    How about the same package for $43500 with no hassle through Costco in So Cal?
  • Options
    shoresailingshoresailing Member Posts: 29
    Are there any deals / incentives available on 2006 M35? What is a good price?
  • Options
    madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    Depends on the options...tell us what the sticker says on the vehicle you want.
  • Options
    poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    Can you even find 2006 M35s? What state do you live in?
This discussion has been closed.