Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blkhemiblkhemi Posts: 1,717
    I am in the process of purchasing a M for the wife. I not sure of which to get. I know the V8 is down right muscular, but the V6 is plenty fast enough at about 6.8 seconds to 60 mph. However with today's gas crisis, I'm not sure of the V8 getting only an SUV-like 17/23 mpg is the right choice. The V6 fairs better at 18/25. Both of the ones that I'm interested in are Sport models. The V6 had the Journey,Tech, Aero packages. The V8 had the same but not the Aero, just a rear spoiler. The dealership is looking to move these cars, especially the V8's The sticker on the V8 was a mind-boggling $58,567 while the V6's was $50,345. Before I could even negotiate with the V8, the sales manager told me that he was willing to go down on the V8 to $49,500. Here comes the gotcha. He would take the V6 down to the same thing. When I asked why not take 8 grand off the V6, he implied that would be like giving it away. Bad choice of words in my book. So I have a buddy of mine who also is a wholesaler, and he stated that they are trying to get the V8's off the lot because they aren't selling quite like Infiniti thought. He told me to check back with him in a couple of days to see if he could locate a White Pearl M35 Sport on the East Coast. So I waited and not only did he find the M35 Sport, but he also found a M45 Sport with the Aero package. The V8 is about $47k while the V6 fully loaded is about $45k. I am completely in shambles. Here is my situation:

M45 Sport: pros: V8 power, the resale value will hold out over the V6, and bragging rights
    cons: Thirsty, Thirsty, Thirsty, $986/yr MORE to insure over the V6, and the
    huge gas bills

M35 Sport: PROS: Sweet V6 motor, fuel economy, easier to insure over V8 model
    CONS: Resale value isn't quite as good as V8, V6 not as punchy as V8

Overall, I think the V6 is the more sensible choice. Before I make the plunge, please tell me of any problems(if any) associated with this model car. I'm interested in buying by this weekend. Thanks in advance for the imput. Happy Motoring :)
  • sdiver68sdiver68 Posts: 123
    I want to address the fuel economy. Most REAL WORLD M35 owners are reporting 18-19 mpg in mixed driving, this based on several threads on this and other forums. This jibes with the 18 mpg mixed I got with the FX35, same weight car, same engine.

Most V8 owners are reporting 17-18. My own M45 sport is averaging 17.7 over the first 2000 miles, and I don't baby it.

Although the insurance may be a concern, I would not make my $50K decision based on 1-2 mpg in real world difference in fuel economy.

FWIW, $986/year more to insure V8 versus V6 sounds very high to me.
    17.7 MPG is not an awful lot of mileage. My '06 Jeep Commander gets 17.9, and it's a fully loaded HEMI 4WD. My neighbor has a M35 Sport, and he is reporting 22.6 city/highway mix. In my part of the country, petro is pretty steep. So that is why I'm a little hesitant about the V8. BTW, have you priced the difference on insurance b'tween the M35 Sport and M45 Sport? Insurance company's here the word Sport, and they charge you an arm and a leg for it. I can insure the M35 Sport for full coverage for $1198.87/yr. The V8 is $2170.56. Beats the crap out of me why the difference is so much. However, I checked with the top 5 insurance carriers in the nation and they have all been about $50 within each other on the difference. If I could get over the insurance and fuel economy, I'd take the V8. But to make my case, I have houses both in Maine and L.I. However, I live on Long Island most of the time. There is NO way I will ever get a chance to get the full zip of the V8, so if there is another advantage besides power and prestige as to buying the V8, please post.:)
  • melt55melt55 Posts: 2
    I want to thank all of you for entering your experiences on purchasing the M. I live in the Atlanta area where there are several Infiniti dealerships with a great selection of vehicles. After a couple of test drives and deciding on what options suited me I was able to purchase the Diamond Grahphite M35 non-sport with Journey, XM, splash guards, and trunk mat for $41,300. Invoice is $40,835. I was there at the dealership for almost two hours but the time there was well worth the money I saved. I dealt with the Internet Sales guy at Troncalli Infiniti and he really was a very nice fella. Not pushy or too aggressive. I had a TL before and enjoyed it very much. But this car is so much better than it and I've enjoyed every moment of my brief ownership.
  • apex99apex99 Posts: 3
    I'm looking at pulling the trigger on an M35x (DG or BO) in the midwest area (IL or MI). I'm working on a deal with a dealership in MI where they're looking at giving me the M35x with Journey/Nav for $45,995.

Invoice is at $44,389. Is $1,600 over Invoice high? Sounds high, right? Didn't know if anyone's been seeing better out this way...

Thanks in advance! ;)
  • just got my M35x black on black. Sticker was $48,700. sold at $46,502. plus tx 1387. plus $550 acquisition fee. Total Gross Cap Cost 48,440. It has the Journey package, splash guards, trunk mat, and Navigation system.

I traded in my 03 FX35 with touring for 26,000. (owed 22,400 or so) so my cap reduction was 3641. Adjusted cap was 44799. residual 28733 (59% of the $48,700). Works out to $559.75 for 39 months. In total out the door, I gave them my other lease car, the FX, and paid $695 for first and docs and license fee.

You guys on here were helpful to me so I thought I would pass it along.
  • I found this forum the DAY that I picked up my M35x with journey/tech. I was curious as to if this deal I got was good and it "seemed" good to me but then again who knows.

24 months, 12K/yr
    $0 down, no first payment
    CAP cost - 50096 (yes MSRP - sigh)
    Residual 73% $ 36648 (no way I am buying it so that was great to me)
    MF .0020
    Payment total 724.3 plus 6% tax = $789.49

The one thing I did not pay any attention to was trade in. I had 6 months left in my FX45 and they took it back. I am sure that factored in here perhaps with the residual generosity? I came to test drive and essentially left with the car. I was happy to give back my FX early.

Any thoughts or tips for 23 payments from now are greatly appreciated!

MM
  • hitenhiten Posts: 12
    Need your input. please tell me if this is a good deal or not..

MSRP: $50,090
    INVOICE: $46,632.38

Dealer Take: $1,398.97 (3%)

Price: $48,031.35

Savings of $2,058.65 off of MSRP

Please let me know your thoughts. Thks
  • $9k off msrp for the m45 sport, is this a common occurrence now or was blkhemi's experience an isolated but amazingly fantastic deal? i find it hard to believe the bottom has dropped out that badly for a car with much more power and barely worse mpg....

heck if they are doing those deals i would consider trading my m5!!!
  • Just ordered a M-45 Sport with Technology package for $1000 over invoice from Glendale Infininty in S. Cal. I did everything over the phone. The key was asking for the fleet, internet manager and having him give the quote. Best deal I could find. Expected time of delivery is 10 weeks. That’s OK. My lease on current car runs out in December.

Tim Anderson
    Did you read the rest of my post? The V8's up here in Maine aren't selling well at all. In fact, the dealer here in Freeport only has sold 1 V8 in 6 weeks while there are 8 on the lot. The V6's move like hotcakes. Oh and just to let everyone know, I ended up with the Diamond Graphite M45 Sport with Tech/Journey/Aero packages and wood trim and satellite radio all $55,500 cash out-the-door. Is this a great deal or did I get scammed?
  • yes i read your post and just reread it in fact. my question still stands--at $9k off msrp you are at least $5k ahead of anyone else i've seen or heard of. if that offer's real someone should grab it for sure.
    Remember $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks, all else walks!! If you do a little homework, there are deals to be made on these cars. Big ticket items aren't moving like they were a year ago today.
  • i wasn't questioning the validity of your claims, but my advice is that if they are selling a new, loaded m45 sport for $49.5k you should grab it really fast before they realize their mistake. the resale value of that car will always be thousands higher than the m35 which will pay for a lot of gas and insurance....but the smiles on your face from the v8--priceless!!
  • Ready to lease or buy my m35x with journey and nav. I have a couple of questions. Do you get a better deal using a buying service from your credit union than trying to negotiate a purchase or lease rightl off the street? Has anyone sucessfully used the United Buying Service to buy the Infiniti M35X at a cheaper price than negotiating the deal on your own? Has any one been able to purchase the journey nav on 35x at $42,000 or is this unrealistic price at this time? Is it more common to lease than buy this car? Will there be any incentives for leasing or buying this car for the holidays, or am I wasting my time waiting for a sale? How come the red color with wheat color is impossible to find in the Maryland area? Ok, so I have more than a couple of questions. Thank you for your site, and your help.

Ok, enough about my concerns
  • Sale Price of 48015 on a M35x Nav/Tech/ Full size spare.
    5 security deposits of $700 = $3500 (I get that back at the end).
    $ 1009 upfront (don't get that back).

626.42 a month 39 months.

I think this is an awesome deal.. Thoughts?
  • apex99apex99 Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a black on black M35x (Journey/Tech) for $1500 over invoice, which is bringing it to $48K a fair, good or great deal?? :confuse:

I'm pushing it to $1200 over invoice, but is it even worth the haggling and the possibility of losing the exact color I want and having to wait a few more weeks for the vehicle? :confuse:

Thanks in advance!!!! ;)
  • Here is an offer I have from a dealer....any input would be greatly appreicated! Hoping to pick up this car tomorrow.

M35
    MSRP 43490
    cap cost 40936
    residual 24789.30
    money factor: .00225 (they say I am tier 2 credit)
    42 month with 15k per year
    588 payment including 7.75 tax
    1500 due at lease signing
    I'm also upside down 500 bucks on a trade...

thanks!!!
  • g8rattg8ratt Posts: 2
    Cohen,

Did that include tax, tag and title? If so unreal. I just paid $55K for the V8, Tech, Nav, Journey loaded + DVD in the back (MES)! Got it at Inf. of Gwinnett in Georgia. I probably could've gotten a better deal if I had bought one on the lot, but they had to ship from Memphis, TN.

Loaded at $49.5 sounds shady. The discount through Sams Club on the car was $3000 off MSRP though the end of the month, then $2500.
    Doesn't sound shady when you have cash money that a dealer can't turn down. BTW, was your car a Sport or not? Also, the Nav system IS part of the Tech pkg.

Can't figure out why this is so hard to believe. A guy on the QX56 forums just bought one at $42k fully loaded. He also paid cash. I've been buying cars for 40 years and I know how to deal with car people.

BTW, it didn't include TTL, however my tags were transferred to the M, so no money spent there. I paid about $4,600 in taxes out of pocket.
  • Dave - can you tell me at which dealer you purchased your car as I also live in Orange County, CA.

Thanks
    Demo
  • The best i could do was $54,000 on a m45 w/journey/tech and aero package - black on black with metal interior - And that was a pain in the butt - really wanted rosewood interior but couldnt find one anywhere - MSRP was $57,700 so $3,700 was the best about ten calls to ten dealers got me - a lot of them were a huge pain. I did a 39 month lease with $6500 down and came out at $565 a month including tax, title, license.- 12,000 a year -
    Sportee, sure hate that you already bought it. Bay Area Infiniti in SF had your vehicle exactly with wood for $50,900 after a $5,000 dealer discount. At last check, they had about 67 '06 M35/45 Sports and Non-Sports. That's a lot of cars so maybe that's why they decided to do huge discounts.My sister got a Diamond Graphite M35 Sport Tech/Journey/Aero/Sat for $46,500. I'm pretty sure you would've driven to SF to save that big! Sorry.
  • jeffryjeffry Posts: 36
    Blkmeni,

Are you an Infiniti salesman?? I don't see any 'Bay Area Infiniti' on their web site, and the many dealers around SF have had VERY little stock for the past 6+weeks. Maybe they're getting stuff in next week but which one has 65 cars now?? With little in stock I havent heard 10% discounts off MSRP...clue us in! Thanks.
  • bigobigo Posts: 22
    Infinits a Luxury brand? thats funny.. so actually mean its meant to compete with Cadillac, Lincoln, Benz, BMW???? wow and all this time i thougt they were even uglier versions of Nissans cheap cars with some wood n leather :)
  • Infinits a Luxury brand? thats funny.. so actually mean its meant to compete with Cadillac, Lincoln, Benz, BMW???? wow and all this time i thougt they were even uglier versions of Nissans cheap cars with some wood n leather

You know what's really funny? Unlike Benz and BMW, these cars rarely visit the service department.

There are also some other funny things. The car performs every bit as well as the 5 series at $10,000 to $15,000 off. Even at the lower price they have features you can't get on a Benz or BMW. And, most important to me, they actually like it when you buy their cars. You aren't made to feel as if they are doing you a favor by selling you one.

If you think that they're cheap, get in one of the newer Infiniti's with 50 to 60 thousand miles and notice that the materials are still in good condition, squeaks and rattles are rare, and maintenance costs won't kill you.

This Nissan/Infiniti rap is getting as boring as the Toyota/Lexus rap.
  • davev1davev1 Posts: 14
    If you would wich dealer made this offer.

• davev1davev1 Posts: 14
    If you a looking for an M in Los Vegas Good luck

There are 2 dealer ships but only one ower.

No competition hear. ;)
    Where have you been? Infiniti is every bit as much a luxury brand as Merc and BMW. These things last a lifetime and rarily if ever have to go for service other than standard maintainence. Infiniti track record for reliability is among the best in the industry. Yes industry. When I took the wife's car to service, they treated me as if I owned the dealership. Typed in my name and handed over loaner car keys,no questions asked. A dressed up Nissan? What's so bad about that?
This discussion has been closed.