Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    Had an experience last night whilst delivering I wanted to share.

The town I live in is divided in two by I-25 .. depending on the address, I'll take the highway for an exit or two to avoid traffic signals.

Last night around 5:30 I was going up the offramp and found a car stopped in the left lane (it's a two lane exit). I slowed down and noticed that the car was smashed in on the grille and the engine was still steaming, so I pulled over to check on the driver.

Turns out a deer had jumped in front of her car and completely caved in the front grille and passenger headlight assembly. Her airbag had gone off and the car was leaking fluid. The deer was on the side of the road, dead. Apparently this happened just seconds before I came on the scene. I asked her if she was OK - she was shaking her left wrist, which she said was hurt from the airbag. She called 911, but was too upset to talk coherently to the operator, so I took the phone from her and told her where we were and what happened.

Turns out the driver was not from our town and was on her way to pick up her daughter from a friends house. The car - a Pontiac Torrent - was not going anywhere under its own power, given the amount of damage. I waited until the emergency services arrived, gave the police officer my name and number, then left to complete my delivery.

The deer was not that large - probably an adolescent - but I suspect the driver was still doing 50-55 MPH when the impact occurred.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2015
    Michaell said:
    Had an experience last night whilst delivering I wanted to share. The town I live in is divided in two by I-25 .. depending on the address, I'll take the highway for an exit or two to avoid traffic signals. Last night around 5:30 I was going up the offramp and found a car stopped in the left lane (it's a two lane exit). I slowed down and noticed that the car was smashed in on the grille and the engine was still steaming, so I pulled over to check on the driver. Turns out a deer had jumped in front of her car and completely caved in the front grille and passenger headlight assembly. Her airbag had gone off and the car was leaking fluid. The deer was on the side of the road, dead. Apparently this happened just seconds before I came on the scene. I asked her if she was OK - she was shaking her left wrist, which she said was hurt from the airbag. She called 911, but was too upset to talk coherently to the operator, so I took the phone from her and told her where we were and what happened. Turns out the driver was not from our town and was on her way to pick up her daughter from a friends house. The car - a Pontiac Torrent - was not going anywhere under its own power, given the amount of damage. I waited until the emergency services arrived, gave the police officer my name and number, then left to complete my delivery. The deer was not that large - probably an adolescent - but I suspect the driver was still doing 50-55 MPH when the impact occurred.
    When I lived in Pennsylvania, I had two close calls with deer while driving.  One was on I-80 near Hazelton - I was doing 60 mph because there was a dusting of snow.  An entire deer family - Buck, Doe and Fawn crossed I-80 in front of me about 60 yards up the road.  Luckily they crossed quickly because I would have skidded on the snow if I had to stop quickly.

The second interaction was with a fawn.  I was making a right turn on a back road and out of nowhere came this fawn and I hit the poor thing, but not hard enough to cause damage to the car.  I was able to stop quickly.  The fawn got up and literally flew away down the road.  Did not see the doe or buck - but I was very happy I did not kill the fawn.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Ah, Southeast Coast of Florida - God's Waiting Room

Now that's a funny line :p

I don't think many Chicagoans were cheering for the Mets after some of the goat and black cat crap they threw at the Cubs after sweeping them ;)
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Question for the baseball experts.

Has any team ever lost three in a row and been able to win the Worlds Series?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I don't believe so, although Boston came back from 0-3 to win a divisional championship (2004, over the Yankees).
  • Options
    Yeah, someone asked me that question yesterday and I didn't know. I didn't think so either.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Good for you @Michaell.

Most gut piles I've ever seen was on a drive from my sister's house in northwest VA to visit a friend in State College PA. I don't missing seeing them all over the UP roads.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,437
    I don't believe so, although Boston came back from 0-3 to win a divisional championship (2004, over the Yankees).
    C'mon Shifty.  Why do you have to bring that up?   B).  Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS was one of the best nights of my life.  It was my bachelor party at The Penthouse Club in Manhattan.  Great steaks, close friends, my Dad, strippers (of course), & the Yankees literally wiped the floor with The Red Sox 19-3.  I still can't believe we didn't win another game.

@ab348 - the last 10 years have been rough for METS fans for sure.  The 90's were absolutely horrible.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    @Michaell - when I moved to CT 5 years ago, somebody told me that "you aren't an official state resident until you hit a deer."  I see them all over the place, especially when I leave early in the AM.  On my lawn, on the side roads, right on the side of the Merritt Parkway.  Very scary.  If it is late at night, I make it a point to take I-95 home.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,674
    robr2 said:

abacomike said:

I drove up to the Boca Town Center Mall this morning and took my walk. I was able to complete the entire circumferences of the mall but before walking to my car, I had to sit for about 15 minutes to regain some strength. If I can do that every morning, I'd be very happy - exercise is extremely important.

What I immediately noticed at the mall is that they had obviously spent the night getting the mall decorated for Christmas! Talk about rushing the season/holidays. Most of the mall stores do not have holiday decorations up, but the Take A Picture With Santa kiosk (huge) was in place and so were the electric train rides around Santa's Village. Doesn't Thanksgiving come before Christmas? Not one decoration for Thanksgiving.

The one store that is always the last to decorate for Christmas is Nordstrom's. They even put up a sign in their windows stating that they do not decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I always admired their policy to "not rush the season". :smile:

Malls aren't the types of places that benefit from Thanksgiving hence they don't decorate for that holiday. I don't like it either so I protest in my own little way by muttering in my old man voice "too early, get off my lawn, damn you cloud."
    You made the paper.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well I only brought it up because it was so unusual. I used to like the Yankees before Darth Vader bought them.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    nyccarguy said:

@Michaell - when I moved to CT 5 years ago, somebody told me that "you aren't an official state resident until you hit a deer."  I see them all over the place, especially when I leave early in the AM.  On my lawn, on the side roads, right on the side of the Merritt Parkway.  Very scary.  If it is late at night, I make it a point to take I-95 home.

The interstate doesn't slow them down around here (it's 6 lanes wide through town).

I see them regularly around here. Almost hit one a couple weeks ago on a side road at dusk.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Well I only brought it up because it was so unusual. I used to like the Yankees before Darth Vader bought them.
    The evil empire will rise again

• Options
    Remember METS fans: "the night is darkest just before the dawn."

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    WS would have hurt less if the Mets hadn't given away 2 games in the 8th that should have been won. This series should at worst be going back to KC.

though hitting like crap and fielding like the bad news bears didn't help much either.

Oh well. There is always next year.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I was pretty thrilled to see them even get to the series, especially after the Madoff mess depleted the owners' bank accounts. Kind of hated to eliminate the Cubbies though.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

You made the paper.

Glad someone got the reference. :)
  • Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    edited November 2015

houdini1 - I'm over in Dodge City, KS. Are you on the KS side or MO side of Kansas City? I was out yesterday watching my Seahawk's struggle with the Cowboys on TV and heard basically nothing about the World Series at the place I went to.

We talked football and places we've been and all that - but, considering the Big PooBaa of baseball was on nothing was even mentioned in passing of it. Are you a Royals fan? They are a heckuva baseball team!

Yes iluv, I am a big fan of the Royals. We live on the Kansas side, Johnson County, City of Lenexa, Ks. About 14 miles from downtown Kansas City, Missouri. Kansas is really two states Eastern Kansas and Western Kansas. Very different people and different views. One is not better than the other, just different. Both are great.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited November 2015
    More VW/Audi/Porsche recalls for software cheating:

"Did you really think Dieselgate only involved the Volkswagen Group’s four-cylinder engine lineup? Hah! The Environmental Protection Agency and California Air Resources Board announced today that VW’s 3.0-liter diesel V6, found on Porsche, Audi and VW models, also had an emissions cheating system."
    http://jalopnik.com/volkswagen-had-diesel-cheat-systems-on-v6-engines-too-1740068495

I said that there needed to be thorough checks of other vehicles based on the theory that where there's smoke, there's fire. VW didn't just do the cheating on one diesel engine line, and possibly on gas engines.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Noooo... not another GATE!!! :'(
  • Options
    PF_Flyer said:
    Noooo... not another GATE!!! :'(
    If the EPA and/or VW announce software manipulation to conceal higher emissions output from any more types of engines, it could possibly be the straw that breaks VW's back.  Once it spreads, recovery from this would be next to impossible.  Now we're dealing with the 3.0 L diesels in Porsche and Audi and VW.  For VW's sake, I hope that's all. :worried: 

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,393
    Welp. That puts my Dad's 2014 Touraeg into this mess.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    stickguy said:

WS would have hurt less if the Mets hadn't given away 2 games in the 8th that should have been won.

Actually, 3 games. Games 1, 4, and 5. It should have been over last night but the trophy should have belonged to the other team.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Michaell said:

nyccarguy said:

The interstate doesn't slow them down around here (it's 6 lanes wide through town).

I see them regularly around here. Almost hit one a couple weeks ago on a side road at dusk.
    The deer plague has made it impossible to grow field crops any more. 100% loses are typical. The population has outstripped habitat and desperate deer are ravaging farms and suburbs. Unfortunately hunters have been demonized by well meaning animal lovers who illegally feed them for half the winter and then jet off to Florida leaving starving deer to destroy their neighbor's shrubbery. Lyme disease is epidemic as well.

I invite any and all hunters to set up on my property. Unfortunately my area of the county has banned anything but bow hunting (except for a small section owned by a connected politician :@ ) so every year we see more of them jumping in front of vehicles.

Maybe I should quit the farm and buy a body shop.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    suydam said:

. . . but it's always best to be kind.

Yea, verily. I have a lot of trouble with this, but it is most certainly true.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,330

Delta still has free booze. It used to be free for anything. Now, it's just beer and some wines. They do have some pretty good snacks, though.

I flew Delta last year and didn't get any free booze, they owe me a beer (actually 4 as I switched planes in Atlanta going there and back).

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    fezo said:

Well, the good news is that we may escape shoulder surgery. Turns out it would mean not only not playing for 3 - 4 MONTHS but the arm would be in a sling that whole time and essentially useless. I'd probably be suspected of killing Richard Kimball's wife. Cortisone shot and new PT for four months before next shot. The cortisone helps immediately and is supposed to reach peak effectiveness in a few days.

On the other front I'm parts shopping on the Miata. The goal is to have the insurance company total it and then have it fixed for no more than the settlement. We'll see what I can do. May have to settle for a non-OEM hood. That may not be the end of the world.

1. Great news on the shoulder, hope it works out.

2. As for the Miata:
    A.) do those come with gas pedals? I got behind one today at a stop light that was being driven by someone who looked like they voted for Washington. The light turned green and I swear he just idled down the street.
    B.) Doesn't the insurance company take the car when they total them?

• Options
    PF_Flyer said:

I have REAL SLR cameras, even still have my Minolta XG-1 that uses FILM. We went to a wedding recently, and while everyone else was holding their phones up, I was taking photographs. People were stopping me to have me take their picture. I explained to them that I was NOT one of the wedding photographers, but they insisted I take the shots anyway. Totally goofy if you ask me. :o

These days it is hard to find people who use real cameras anymore, be it film or digital. Almost everyone is using their phones. I myself use a digital SRL camera, takes great pictures and I prefer the tools that it has over what you get with the phone.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Delta still has free booze. It used to be free for anything. Now, it's just beer and some wines. They do have some pretty good snacks, though.
    I flew Delta last year and didn't get any free booze, they owe me a beer (actually 4 as I switched planes in Atlanta going there and back).
    Back in the days when flying was not a miserable ordeal and fees were unheard of (prior to 9/11), I used to fly 50,000-100,000 miles a year - mainly on American Airlines.  I had access to their Admiral's Club at most hub airports like Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston, etc., and they were really nice.  Never charged me for finger sandwiches, alcoholic drinks, snacks, and the like.

I haven't been in one of those Admiral's Clubs in many years - I wonder if they still have them.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    abacomike said:

Just received a call from the pharmacy that distributes specialized drugs (Walgreen's, CVS, Publix, Walmart, , etc., do not carry nor can they get those drugs from pharmaceutical companies) that my insurance company has approved the prescriptions for Veikira Pak and Ribavirin. Just waiting to hear if the Foundation will be picking up my copay ($12,000+). If not, I will have to pay it off some how. Merck Pharmaceuticals is coming out with yet another Hep C anti viral medication in early 2016.

The major difference of this drug over Harvoni (which did not kill off the virus completely after 1 month after stopping the drug) is that Veikira Pak does not kill the virus but rather stops it from reproducing which eventually stops the virus from attacking my liver.and eliminates the virus through attrition. The Ribavirin is just an antiviral drug, but when I took it with interferon back in 2006, the side effects were murder. I used to feel faint at times and it kept me from sleeping at night (which Harvoni also did).

I have to take 3 pills in the monring, with food, and 3 pills in the afternoon with food. Also, the treatment is for 24 weeks, not 12 like the Harvoini. The reason they cannot give me the Harvoni again for 24 weeks is because the virus I have will have developed some resistance to the drug because I've taken it.

I just hope I can handle the side-effects. If after a month or so I can no longer tolerate the side effects, I will have to come off the drug and wait for another Hep C drug to come onto the market. The research and number of treatments available over the last 12 months is geometrically increasing. I just hope this works. I will have to take blood tests every 4 weeks like before in order to find out if the viral load (count) is decreasing or being eliminated. Right now it is 151,000 (it was 354,000 before I started taking Harvoni). I can't tell you how depressing it is to find out after "0" viral load test results for 4 months the final blood test showed fast increases in the virus count.

Good grief, will the stressers in my life ever ease off or am I going to have to live with this constant stress for the rest of my life, however long that is going to be.

I am hopeful that everything works out with minimal issues for you, we are all pulling for you.

• Options

I guess in China you have no choice but to go on a tour?? I've always found organized tours pretty tedious.

Also with organized tours you can miss out on some pretty interesting things that you can only stumble on wondering by yourself. But in China you can get in big trouble for being in the wrong place.

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

PF_Flyer said:

I have REAL SLR cameras, even still have my Minolta XG-1 that uses FILM. We went to a wedding recently, and while everyone else was holding their phones up, I was taking photographs. People were stopping me to have me take their picture. I explained to them that I was NOT one of the wedding photographers, but they insisted I take the shots anyway. Totally goofy if you ask me. :o

These days it is hard to find people who use real cameras anymore, be it film or digital. Almost everyone is using their phones. I myself use a digital SRL camera, takes great pictures and I prefer the tools that it has over what you get with the phone.
    I have a new 17-50mm f2.8 coming for my Nikon digital. The lenses I really want to get are gonna take some spousal convincing :)
  • Options

You only get free booze if you are a member of Delta Airlines Crown Room. When I flew constantly I belonged to United's Red Carpet Club, Delta, and Alaska's Board Room.

You get some real perks such as much easier check in, some First Class upgrades sometimes and snacks. Alaska had free wine I remember and United sold booze for much less money than the airport bars.

If my company hadn't paid the 200-300/year for all three clubs I think I would have. I got spoiled.
  • Options
    stever said:

Paid $1.89 for gas yesterday - it's $1.77 downtown but that was 8 miles away.

Now I am depressed, it's 2.34 for RUG here. :'(

• Options

Hoping the side effects are minimal. I think they tend to overplay this to protect themselves and I hope this is the case for you. I take a blood pressure pill every day and the label warns about dizzyness but this hasn't happened. Hang in there!

They have to report everything that every test subject experiences during drug trials and they get listed as a possible side effect per FDA regs.

• Options
    edited November 2015

stever said:

Paid $1.89 for gas yesterday - it's $1.77 downtown but that was 8 miles away.

Now I am depressed, it's 2.34 for RUG here. :'(
    Not that many months ago I would have driven 18 miles out of my way to find gas for $2.34 a gallon.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

I loved my 89 Town Car. Nothing rides like a Panther!  Yes they were under powered. I never understood why they didnt put the 5.0 HO engine in at least as an option.  The Mark VII and Mustang had it. 

Town Cars were not meant to be drivers cars, they were meant to be the car you were driven in. Basically the owner of the car typically was supposed to be in the back seat not the drivers seat. So the ride was important, not the handling nor the performance.

• Options

Watching Motor Week on PBS and they had a flashback on the 1980 Mustang GT. The 5.0 put out 157hp and 240torque. Wow! :s Camaro Z-28 only had 147hp and weighed almost 3400 pounds.

Bet you could outrun them on foot.

That was at the end of an era, a bad era. The late 70's into the very early 80's was a bad time for high performance cars. Pollution controls and insurance rates neutered high performance cars. In the mid 80's I was driving around in a Dodge Omni GLH that would smoke Mustangs, Cameros and even Vettes from the late 70's (it had around 145 HP IIRC and was light).

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Hoping the side effects are minimal. I think they tend to overplay this to protect themselves and I hope this is the case for you. I take a blood pressure pill every day and the label warns about dizzyness but this hasn't happened. Hang in there!
    They have to report everything that every test subject experiences during drug trials and they get listed as a possible side effect per FDA regs.
    I received a call from a nurse who works for AbbVie Pharmaceuticals - the manufacturer of Viekira Pak, which is the new drug I am on.  The pharmacy that delivered my pills had notified me of their support services for patients.

She was very attentive and knowledgable. She took my history along with the other prescription drugs I take.  She advised me about blood tests after 2 weeks, 4 weeks and every 4 weeks after that.  I have to be careful of my platelet counts, CBC's due to anemia being a side effect of the Ribavirin I am taking in conjunction with Viekira Pak.

Most of the side effects I am experiencing are expected - insomnia, headache, muscle pains and aches, weakness and tiredness.  This nurse will be in contact with me periodically and I have her phone number if I need to contact her.

One of the reasons the drug companies that produce these new Hep C products have direct assistance for patients is because these new drugs were approved by the FDA on "fast-tracking" approval.  Even though the drug is approved, I am still considered as part of the long-term trial.  The drug companies agreed to provide these services as a means of collecting additional data for the FDA.

Thanks for all your well-wishes.  24 weeks is a long time.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    abacomike said:

I usually drive up to Boca Raton every morning on the Florida Turnpike - fastest way up there - 15 minute drive to the mall from my Condo.

Coming back this morning, I exited at my usual exit and instead of going through the "SunPass" lane, which is in the far left lane, I usually stay in the far right lane because I have to make a fairly quick right turn after the toll booth. This old guy in a very old Lexus ES300, is driving through and "throws" his money at the toll booth collector (the far northern Broward County Exits still have some toll booths for those who want to pay cash). The Toll Booth Collector comes out of her enclosure and stands right at this guys left front door and told him to get out of his car and pick up the pennies, nickels and dimes he threw at her. He opens his door and gets out of his car with his "cane" and begins to pick up the coins. He was short some money and had to go into his wallet to give her a $1.00 bill. He gets back into his car and waits for his change.

I am sitting right behind this guy and heard the scolding he took from the toll collector. The toll collector takes the change, walks up to the left front door of this guy's car and "throws" the change right at his lap and tells him to get the heck (I cleaned this up a bit) out of here.

Now, there are only two reasons this guy would throw money at the toll collector:

1. He can't see very well or had dementia and thought it was an "exact" change booth
    2. He had some beef with the Turnpike authority or with toll collectors.

I don't know if I would have made him pick up his pennies and nickels and dimes after seeing he needed a cane, but I sure would have scolded him and probably had thrown the change right back at him!

Ah, Southeast Coast of Florida - God's Waiting Room. :open_mouth:

The bad thing about tollways is that it seems to be a large impersonal organization. Sometimes with the head office hours away. For the vast majority of "customers" the toll collector is the only employee that they will see and sometimes the customer takes out frustrations on the toll collector.

However that is no excuse for the toll collectors actions. FWIW many authorities do not allow the collector to pick up monies from the ground.

• Options

Question for the baseball experts.

Has any team ever lost three in a row and been able to win the Worlds Series?

Yes, the Twins did it in 1987 and in 1991 and the diamondbacks did it in 2001. In all three cases the winning team had home field advantage and won the first two games at home then lost three in a row away then won the last two at home.

Now if you are asking if any team has ever won after losing the first three games then no. The only team in North America sports to win a seven game series after losing the first three were the 2004 Red Socks in the AL championship.

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    @abacomike,
    Too bad you to didn't talk to the toll collector to see how often that type of thing happened.
    My guess is that person knew exactly what they were doing, they just got their bluff called.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    @abacomike, Too bad you to didn't talk to the toll collector to see how often that type of thing happened. My guess is that person knew exactly what they were doing, they just got their bluff called.
    I have to agree.  I noticed he had a barcode on his window that is identical to mine which means he lives in my country club and knows darn well there are no exact change toll booths at that exit.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

Watching Motor Week on PBS and they had a flashback on the 1980 Mustang GT. The 5.0 put out 157hp and 240torque. Wow! :s Camaro Z-28 only had 147hp and weighed almost 3400 pounds.

Bet you could outrun them on foot.

That was at the end of an era, a bad era. The late 70's into the very early 80's was a bad time for high performance cars. Pollution controls and insurance rates neutered high performance cars. In the mid 80's I was driving around in a Dodge Omni GLH that would smoke Mustangs, Cameros and even Vettes from the late 70's (it had around 145 HP IIRC and was light).
    Was that the Omni that Shelby messed around with? My 1980 Omni had a smokin' 68hp from the VW 1.7L. It had a crotch crunching small cabin but it got almost as good gas milage as my Mustang.

How time's change.

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Well it's a done deal. I bought a new 2015 VW Passat LE today. Silver over black - the once combination I really didn't want but for $6,000 off the MSRP, beggars can't be choosers. I pick it up later this week.
  • Options
    robr2 said:
    Well it's a done deal. I bought a new 2015 VW Passat LE today. Silver over black - the once combination I really didn't want but for $6,000 off the MSRP, beggars can't be choosers. I pick it up later this week.
    Congrats!  VW Passats are, in my opinion, the best vehicle VW makes.  I had a 2003 Passat V6 and it was a great car for the money.  The new ones are like Audi A4's and are highly rated.  Enjoy, Rob.  :smile: 

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095

Now if you are asking if any team has ever won after losing the first three games then no. The only team in North America sports to win a seven game series after losing the first three were the 2004 Red Socks in the AL championship.

Not quite. The 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup after losing the first 3 games of the finals with Detroit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1942_Stanley_Cup_Finals

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    @robr,
    congrats on the new VW, just don't take the high moral road with anyone here anymore. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Watching "Chasing Classic Cars" on Velocity channel.  Wayne find a 1921 Stutz Brarcat and wants to restore it.  On right now.  Two back-to-back 1-hour shows tonight - all new.  If you have some free time tonight, this is one show you should catch!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    PF_Flyer said:

PF_Flyer said:

I have a new 17-50mm f2.8 coming for my Nikon digital. The lenses I really want to get are gonna take some spousal convincing :)
    I have a Nikon digital camera with a 17-50mm lens, it also came with a 50-200mm lens and I know what you mean about spousal convincing. ;)