Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sunroof leak on my Saturn Outlook

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,251
    msib,

I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to set the case up, I will need the VIN, current mileage, complete contact information including a telephone number and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    siboldm2,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Each case is handled on a case by case basis. If you would like me to look into this please feel free to email me.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • haley602haley602 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    I too am having the leaking problems and the resulting electrical problems are an issue as well...

how do I open up a case with GM?
    Cherie,

Could you please email me the case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • krozellkrozell Posts: 1
    Hello,

I will add to the growing list of issues with the Saturn Outlook leaky roof. I purchased the Saturn new in 2007. I have taken this into my Saturn Dealership several times (while they were still open). Supposedly they put longer tubes in, or would remove debris from the track area. The vehicle has continued to leak when it is out in the rain, and driven in very wet weather. This always happens on the front passenger side, and at time when breaking it would give my wife a shower. This seems to be a common problem, and now wondering where I go with this? Who do I contact? This should be covered under warranty, as the issue was never really fixed in the past. If someone from GMCUSTSRV would email me, I can send you the VIN number, mileage and all the information you need. Just tell me where I can get this fixed. My floor is still wet from from storm last weekend in Wisconsin.

Thanks!

Martin
    haley602,

I would be happy to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to set up the case I will need your complete contact information, VIN, current mileage, involved dealership and a description of the issues you are experiencing sent to me in an email. Also, has your vehicle been diagnosed in the past 30 days? I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 66,625
    If you wish to e-mail another member, click on their member name, and if they wish their e-mail to be public, you will see a link there..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I just purchased (6 weeks ago) 08 Saturn outlook. The sunroof is leaking and my passenger side floor is SOAKED. We have taken back to the Dealership and are told it is not a recall and we have to pay for the repair. I am not happy!!!
    :mad:
    oe_gdaniel,
    If the vehicle was not a certified used vehicle and you did not purchase a protection plan such as "Major Guard", the expense would be an out of pocket expense. I apologize for any frustration.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • jdkv1jdkv1 Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone can offer any help. Since we purchased our 2007 Saturn Outlook it started leaking inside but not very bad but has gotten worse over the past year. It now is having electrical problems, the headliner is showing stains, the other night I turned the vehicle off, REMOVED the key and the engine kept running!! We tried to take it in for service but the dealer said it was out of warranty and they couldn't work with us and it would be totally on our expense. They said they never heard any problems of this sort... I came home googled to see if it was just our vehicle and found numerous others having problems BUT WHAT CAN WE DO... I have already tried to contact GM customer service with no help either. I am planning on contacting the better business bureau, states attorney general along with anyone else anyone can suggest. We just want someone to work with us to fix this problem which obviously is happening to a lot of other people as well. If this is the kind of service we can expect we will never buy a GM vehicle again and try to let as many others know of this as possible as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • The vehicle was a certified used vehicle. My question is why the dealership DIDN'T know about the GM "Service Advisory 80207" and fix the leak before it was sold! I thought being certified meant they would have checked and repaired all recalls and "Service Advisories" along with the engine and drivetrain check. I JUST DON'T SEE HOW GM COULD KNOW ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH THEIR VEHICLES AND NOT WANT TO FIX THEM. We regret not getting a Honda or Toyota. Last GM for us!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :lemon:
    oe_gdaniel,
    I apologize for your experience. Can you please send me your VIN? I hope you have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I spoke with Christina and she stated that she is currently awaiting information regarding your VIN. Please feel free to contact her again by email and she would be happy to look into this for you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
    krozell,

I would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to do further reseach, I will need you to contact me by email. Be sure to include your complete contact information, VIN, current mileage, involved dealership and a description of the issues you are experiencing. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  • 2mad2mad Posts: 5
    I have been having the same problems with mine and put a post on General Motors facebook page. They called me to talk to me about it and then informed me about 2 recalls on the '07 Outlook XRs. I also posted pictures of the standing water in my front floorboards. We went out yesterday and my dash started flashing to have my airbag serviced, so now I am worried that the airbag is going to go off in my face. I went out in it today and it started flashing my car was over heated to turn the A/C off. The car had been sitting for more than an hour and I had not had my A/C on at all. I pulled in to the gas station a few feet away to get gas, turned my car off, pulled the key out and it kept running. I have not had the car a year yet. I now know why the ones that had it before us got rid of it. General Motors has something on their web site about how big they are on quality, which is an out and out lie. No wonder they had to have the government bail them out.
  • postonnopostonno Posts: 12
    I believe that everyone who has experienced water intrusion problems with their Outlooks should file a complaint with the NHSTA. Facts should be laid out, and concerns expressed in an unemotional manner. I do not believe that complaining to GM will get much done. The problems will continue to follow the vehicle, and subsequent owners will be left on their own, as has already been expressed by some. This is a VERY SERIOUS issue. I have had water running out of the airbag pop-outs in the front and the rear pillars, depending on how the vehicle is parked. Will the airbags deploy during a collision? Will they perform as promised? No one will know until they are needed.

There appear to be other issues with the electronics due to leakage into the dash.
    Unfortunately, as soon as the vehicle is out of warranty, GM's position appears to be that "we're on our own". As has been shown in the past, if a significant number of safety issues are noted by the NHTSA, perhaps some action will be taken.
  • siboldm2siboldm2 Posts: 7
    We can file complaint after complaint, but it won't go anywhere. I have been there and done that all the way to the top. The government owns GM so the governing agencies are not going to do anything for us. GM is protected by the government that is supposed to protect us. I have the airbag warning light issue and have had it for over a year now. I'm just waiting out my 3 and a half years that I have left owing on it. I'm going to drive it into the ground and then never in my life by another GM product. And they wonder why people buy Toyota and other reliable cars... I feel for everyone, but if you don't have a waranty you don't have a leg to stand on.
    postonno,
    If you would like to make a complaint with GM, please feel free to email me so I can look into your situation. Please include your VIN and current mileage, thank you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • roof leaking, running sluggish, oil leakage, engine shutting off going down the road, and the newest - popping noises when i turn the wheel - bought it in Oct. 2010- Had it 6 months -I ran a carfax before I bought it and nothing showed up........how is that? all of these problems within 6 months? Can we as saturn owners band together and all sign something to get GM's attention? I want to trade it in bc I have had so many problems, but I will most def. prob loose money plus be putting my problems on another family.
    Why file a complaint, GM is not going to do anything as I have found out. I have talked to someone in customer service and they acted like it was the first time they had heard of the leaking problem with the Outlooks. This is bull. There are enough complaints just on this forum for them not to know it. GM needs to man up and buy back all of the Saturn Outlooks that leak and remove these hazards from the road. I am just waiting for something to go completely haywire on mine and cause me to get into an accident. GM must have a might big broom for all this stuff they are sweeping under the rug. I believe GM has the mentality of if they ignore the problem, it will go away. I have taken pictures of the water standing in my floorboard and the rust that has developed around the emergency break pedal area. I plan to do a lot of free advertising for GM. I will contact anyone and everyone that I can. I have already sent something to one of the local television stations on the matter.
    I am in the same leaking boat with you. I have had my Outlook for just under a year and am having major problems with leaking and electrical issues.
    2mad,

You stated you spoke with customer assistance, did you have a case set up? If so, could you please email the case number, I would like to look into your situation.

Thank you,
    siboldm2,
    I understand your frustrations with your situation. I apologize that your case and situation did not go as you would have liked. However, as all major companies or corporations, we have standard operating procedures. GM does handle their customers individually, not all situations are the same, so they must be handled on a case by case basis. I am here to help make GM aware of your situations, and the only way I can do this is with your assistance. First, I need your contact information (including a good number to reach you), VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and a break down of what you are experiencing. The best way to get me this information is a direct email. If you are unsure or uncomfortable please feel free to inquire with the host, or send me an email with your telephone number and I can give you a call. Second, the vehicle must be taken to a GM Dealer. They have a contract with GM and must look at the vehicle. For GM to know you are experiencing issues, you must contact GM; whether it is me via email or Customer Assistance via the telephone. This will help identify the problem and how large it is. I understand when you are experiencing these concerns these processes can be frustrating. All concerns, whether it be with a dealer or your vehicle, are documented in the cases set up if you directly contact GM. If you would like to call Customer Assistance and speak with someone the number is in your owners manual, or email me and I can provide it to you. Anyone who would like me to assist, please feel free to email me the information requested above.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • bacanbitbacanbit Posts: 5
    2mad...I have also just reported this to one of my local television station last week. Iwill be reporting it the others...just staggering it out. My 2007 Outlook is back at the dealership today it leaked last week and then again yesterday morning. My appointment was set-up last week for today and then it just happened to leak again. This is so aggrivating! I will never buy another GM and have already told many people about the situation. Never, never again!
    bacanbit,
    I apologize for your frustration. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? Has your dealer involved Technical Assistance?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • bacanbitbacanbit Posts: 5
    Christina ~ Yes I have spoken to customer service at GM. I have a service request number and am literally waiting for their call back by 5. My Outlook was in the shop today and of course they can't find the water leak. It was leaking yesterday morning just a few hours before I dropped it off with them! Ann at GM said she would call me today between 3-5pm. She has 35 minutes before someone there hears from me.
    bacanbit,
    Please keep me updated. Feel free to email me directly. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    unhappywithgm,

Have you taken the vehicle into your GM dealership to be diagnosed? Please keep me posted on any information.

Thank you,
    2mad,
    Thank you for your feedback. Filing a complaint with GM makes GM aware of the situation. As all major companies or corporations, we have standard operating procedures. GM does handle their customers individually, not all situations are the same, so they must be handled on a case by case basis. I am here to help make GM aware of our customer’s situations. The only way I can do this is with the customer’s assistance. My first step is to gather their contact information (including a good number to reach them), VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and a break down of what they are experiencing. The best way to get me this information is a direct email. The next step in the process is the vehicle must be taken to a GM Dealer. They have a contract with GM and must look at the vehicle. For GM to know their customers are experiencing issues, they must contact GM; whether it is me via email or Customer Assistance via the telephone. This will help identify the problem and how large it is. I understand when customers are experiencing these concerns these processes can be frustrating. All concerns, whether it is with a dealer or your vehicle, are documented in the cases set up if GM is contacted directly. Any customer that would like to call Customer Assistance and speak with someone the number is in your owner manual, or email me and I can provide it to you. Any customer that would like me to assist them, please feel free to email me the information requested above.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I find this kind of response interesting since most of us have called Saturn and GM and have not had any success. As a matter of fact, it's even more frustrating to read on a site like this, and others, that so many people, from around the country have had very similar problems and most of us have been blown off by our Dealer; some even went as far as suing or filling a lemon law claim.

If GM wants to do right by it's customers... send a recall and fix these problems, stop acting like it's the first time you ever heard of it, stop insulting our intelligence and 'man up'. I would have a greater respect for GM if they were to do that.

I actually got rid of the Outlook and bought a Toyota. I feel safer with my family in the car and one could argue that Toyota gained a lot of respect by handling their past issues in a timely manner.

Never again.. will I buy a GM car and I will continue to post my situation and tell people I know about all the troubles I have had and the lack of resolution.

best to ya.