Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,365
    arlyg said:

Great tip...here'e the closest number from the pull downs: MSRP at $30,360.00. Does that help?

Partially .. I'll also need to know the estimated selling price to calculate the lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    arlygarlyg Member Posts: 4
    okay, I left a message for our agent. Once I have more information, I'll come back. Thanks again..ArlyG
  • Options
    limaechoecholimaechoecho Member Posts: 7
    Looking to lease a GTI SE with DSG. 3 years, 15k miles per year and want to minimize, if not completely eliminate the need to put money down. Any thoughts on whether I'd get a better deal by trying to bargain between now and the end of the year, or wait until January. Current lease is not due back until early Feb, so I can wait.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,409

Looking to lease a GTI SE with DSG. 3 years, 15k miles per year and want to minimize, if not completely eliminate the need to put money down. Any thoughts on whether I'd get a better deal by trying to bargain between now and the end of the year, or wait until January. Current lease is not due back until early Feb, so I can wait.

The current lease program is not that great, so waiting sure couldn't hurt.. It may not help, either... though.. The new GTI is a popular car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I decided to wait until next month. GTI was explicitly listed as excluded from any incentives in the lease sheet I saw. Can't imagine things will get worse as supply improves into early next year.

Question on the included options. Rubber mats, first aid kit, roadside assistance kit and wheel locks at a total cost of $350 are listed on the invoice at the dealer I visited and I noticed online prices from other dealers have included this as well. Has anyone been successful in demanding these unnecessary items removed from your quote?
  • Options
    So January is here. Anyone know the new money factor and residual rate?
  • Options

So January is here. Anyone know the new money factor and residual rate?

The current program runs through Friday... We won't have the new numbers until some time next week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rjamesonrjameson Member Posts: 5
    I'd love to find out the January money factor and residual for a 3yr/10k lease of a 2015 GTI SE.
  • Options
    rjameson said:

I'd love to find out the January money factor and residual for a 3yr/10k lease of a 2015 GTI SE.

Still waiting for the new VW information. I'll guess they won't change much from last month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    The people at VW Credit are still on vacation huh? Or they can't decide what to do. This page is now blank for me http://www.vw.com/special-offers/

Question: do dealers have any ability to reduce the money factor below VW's number? Say if the customer's credit is perfect and they are a long time repeat lessee? Any leeway at all there?

Seems like more cash would go into the dealer's pocket if they played with the MF rather than the negotiated cap.
  • Options
    rjameson said:

The people at VW Credit are still on vacation huh? Or they can't decide what to do. This page is now blank for me http://www.vw.com/special-offers/

Question: do dealers have any ability to reduce the money factor below VW's number? Say if the customer's credit is perfect and they are a long time repeat lessee? Any leeway at all there?

Seems like more cash would go into the dealer's pocket if they played with the MF rather than the negotiated cap.

We're still waiting to see the January VW numbers as well.

The base MF is just that. Nobody has the authority to go below that floor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    rjameson said:

.00073 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

.00073 MF and 58% residual

Yesssss. Great news! I had a hunch the MFs would plummet in January.

Thanks kyfdx and Michaell, you guys are the best resource on the web for this stuff.
  • Options
    lucyredlucyred Member Posts: 95
    Hi, can you tell me the MF/Residual 12K/36 months for GTI SE in NY. Automatic. Thanks
  • Options
    lucyred said:

Hi, can you tell me the MF/Residual 12K/36 months for GTI SE in NY. Automatic. Thanks

.00073 and 57% for all GTI trims, 36/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I can't wait to go back to the finance guy at my local VW dealership armed with this data. He was being rather pushy about me taking a wait and see approach in December.
  • Options
    Jase23Jase23 Member Posts: 7
    Kind of just learning about MF and Residual so just to get it straight. I'd be buying from NYC area or surrounding area (NJ )
    For January
    MF is .00073 for all trims
    Residual is:
    58% for 10k miles
    57% for 12k miles

Is residual always figured from MSRP?

Thanks
    Jay
  • Options
    Jase23 said:

Kind of just learning about MF and Residual so just to get it straight. I'd be buying from NYC area or surrounding area (NJ )
    For January
    MF is .00073 for all trims
    Residual is:
    58% for 10k miles
    57% for 12k miles

Is residual always figured from MSRP?

Thanks
    Jay

Correct.. and, yes... always from MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    maynardld50maynardld50 Member Posts: 4
    Good deal or bad deal.

MSRP $31,230
    Selling Price $29775
    Residual 55% at 18000
    MF .00073
    $4000 down
    Payment $301.94

I know ya'll don't recommend money down, but it was more about the monthly payment for me, so I had to.
  • Options

Good deal or bad deal.

MSRP $31,230
    Selling Price $29775
    Residual 55% at 18000
    MF .00073
    $4000 down
    Payment $301.94

I know ya'll don't recommend money down, but it was more about the monthly payment for me, so I had to.

I'm assuming that not all of the $4K is going to cap cost reduction. Using the $31,230 MSRP and a net cap of $25,775, I get a pre-tax payment of $270.20.

Enjoy your new GTI!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Good deal or bad deal.

MSRP $31,230
    Selling Price $29775
    Residual 55% at 18000
    MF .00073
    $4000 down
    Payment $301.94

I'm assuming that not all of the $4K is going to cap cost reduction. Using the $31,230 MSRP and a net cap of $25,775, I get a pre-tax payment of $270.20.

Enjoy your new GTI!
    Some going to tax, the rest going to cap cost reduction, I think. Is that a good deal? Remember that $301 is with tax and 17k miles.

• Options

Michaell said:

Good deal or bad deal.

MSRP $31,230
    Selling Price $29775
    Residual 55% at 18000
    MF .00073
    $4000 down
    Payment $301.94

Enjoy your new GTI!
    Some going to tax, the rest going to cap cost reduction, I think. Is that a good deal? Remember that $301 is with tax and 17k miles.

seems OK ... would need to know the exact amount of cap cost reduction

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Good deal or bad deal.

MSRP $31,230
    Selling Price $29775
    Residual 55% at 18000
    MF .00073
    $4000 down
    Payment $301.94

Enjoy your new GTI!

168.43 Doc fee
    196 Plate fee
    $25 electronic payment fee
    $625 acquisition fee

I have family actually helping with the down payment so it's actually going to be $5400 down, minus the 1014.43 to fees for a total of 4385.57 to cost gap reduction.

Thoughts?

EDIT also, the tax goes into the payment (Not sure if that is like that in every state, I'm in IL).
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Good deal or bad deal.

MSRP $31,230
    Selling Price $29775
    Residual 55% at 18000
    MF .00073
    $4000 down
    Payment $301.94

Enjoy your new GTI!

168.43 Doc fee
    196 Plate fee
    $625 acquisition fee

I have family actually helping with the down payment so it's actually going to be $5400 down, minus the 1014.43 to fees for a total of 4385.57 to cost gap reduction.

Thoughts?

EDIT also, the tax goes into the payment (Not sure if that is like that in every state, I'm in IL).
    $4400 works out to $122/mo for 36 months, so your true payment is closer to $423/mo. Let's hope nothing bad happens to your car during the lease - if it's stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

IL just changed the tax laws regarding leases. My understanding is that the monthly pre-tax lease amount is subject to sales tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Good deal or bad deal.

MSRP $31,230
    Selling Price $29775
    Residual 55% at 18000
    MF .00073
    $4000 down
    Payment $301.94

Enjoy your new GTI!

168.43 Doc fee
    196 Plate fee
    $625 acquisition fee

Thoughts?

$4400 works out to $122/mo for 36 months, so your true payment is closer to $423/mo. Let's hope nothing bad happens to your car during the lease - if it's stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

IL just changed the tax laws regarding leases. My understanding is that the monthly pre-tax lease amount is subject to sales tax.

That's sort of where I'm rolling the dice, with totaled and stolen. Now consider everything goes perfect for the next 36 months it looks like a pretty solid deal?

I was just doing the equation here realcartips.com/leasing/0439-good-lease-deal.shtml and I came to a $134.07 per 10k factor, but I went based off MSRP.

$302 + 122 = $424/3.155 (MSRP $31,550) = $134

EDIT
    did a little digging and because we're a partner company we are supposed to get invoice price - $500, he told me invoice was $29,775, I just found out actual invoice is $28,751 and that's without the $500 they said they were going to use towards the down payment. I may be done dealing with this dealership.
  • Options
    aminoacid91aminoacid91 Member Posts: 13
    Hey Michaell,

Looking at getting a GTI S w/ Lightning 4dr DSG. Right now I'm looking at Truecar, and I can get a car with these prices.

Truecar Price = $24,777
    Invoice = $26,877
    MSRP = $27,910

Using these values, what lease payment can you calculate for CA 36mo/12k.

Thanks!

• Options

Hey Michaell,

Looking at getting a GTI S w/ Lightning 4dr DSG. Right now I'm looking at Truecar, and I can get a car with these prices.

Truecar Price = $24,777
    Invoice = $26,877
    MSRP = $27,910

Thanks!

TrueCar is quoting a 2015 GTI at $3000 under MSRP? That doesn't seem possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Hey Michaell,

Truecar Price = $24,777
    Invoice = $26,877
    MSRP = $27,910

Thanks!

I went zip-code TrueCar hunting in Northern California to see which area had the best price. This was in SF Bay Area with this price. My Passat lease is coming up in a month, so wanted to see how much payments for a GTI lease would be..
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Hey Michaell,

Truecar Price = $24,777
    Invoice = $26,877
    MSRP = $27,910

Thanks!

I went zip-code TrueCar hunting in Northern California to see which area had the best price. This was in SF Bay Area with this price. My Passat lease is coming up in a month, so wanted to see how much payments for a GTI lease would be..
    .00073 and 57% for 36/12.

With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $276.04. This does not include up front costs such as first payment, acquisition fee, tags/license, etc.

Please let us know how you do ... lots of folks (including your hosts) are interested in seeing if you can get that price for a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Hey Michaell,

Truecar Price = $24,777
    Invoice = $26,877
    MSRP = $27,910

Thanks!

.00073 and 57% for 36/12.

With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $276.04. This does not include up front costs such as first payment, acquisition fee, tags/license, etc.

Please let us know how you do ... lots of folks (including your hosts) are interested in seeing if you can get that price for a lease.
    Thank you so much! This is really good information to have. I really want to go this weekend, but I want to wait until my lease goes out mid-February. Over the past day, the TrueCar price also increased to $25100, which I think is roughly $10-added per month... (Not a biggie).
  • Options
    Aminoacid91, I'm also using Truecar right now to lease in the Bay Area. I can guess which dealer threw out the low price. Called them and they are full of it. Don't actually have any cars and only throw that price out to get your call. Thet then told me they only quoted that price with no options, so wouldn't honor it and tried to upsell me on the Autobahn or Lighting package.
  • Options

Aminoacid91, I'm also using Truecar right now to lease in the Bay Area. I can guess which dealer threw out the low price. Called them and they are full of it. Don't actually have any cars and only throw that price out to get your call. Thet then told me they only quoted that price with no options, so wouldn't honor it and tried to upsell me on the Autobahn or Lighting package.

Ah! That really sucks hearing that. Too bad they don't honor it... Maybe a couple of bad Yelp review will stop their shady business practices... I'm not sure whether their Website Inventory or VW "find a match" is the correct one... Maybe I can pick something from there and go in with the price? I don't know...

I was planning on going this past weekend, but I think I will have to go in these upcoming weekends in January.
  • Options
    Let me know. I'm going to try before the month is out.
  • Options
    jaymoojaymoo Member Posts: 5
    MF/Residual on 3 year/45kmiles lease GTI S? Is it still the .00073 and 58%?
  • Options
    jaymoo said:

.00073 and 55% for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

jaymoo said:

Thank you my friend. I'm new here, where do these numbers come from?

• Options
    jaymoo said:

Michaell said:

jaymoo said:

Thank you my friend. I'm new here, where do these numbers come from?

We get them from VW.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Do those numbers change if I want the automatic version of the GTI S?
  • Options
    jaymoo said:

Do those numbers change if I want the automatic version of the GTI S?

No they do not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Just to give you guys an update. Went this weekend, and no dealership would budge below $380/mo with 0 down for 12k/36mo lease. This was for a GTI S 4-dr DSG that they had in the lot already.
  • Options
    tghoshtghosh Member Posts: 22
    Im in the Bay Area as well and visited one dealer which was giving me the same run around. Im intersted in a SE or Autobahdn with Perf Pack, LP, and DSG. I think I might be waiting a while since dealers are not going to be willing to budge on the perf pack cars
  • Options
    holleasehollease Member Posts: 4
    I am planning to lease a 2015 GTI SE and is it possible to get the mf and residual for 36mo/12K and 36mo/15K MI in Jan?

And i got a quote for 36mo/12K lease from a local dealer

MSRP - 29076
    Residual - 17280
    $699 due at signing
    Monthly rate of $425

Do you guys think this a good deal?

• Options
    hollease said:

I am planning to lease a 2015 GTI SE and is it possible to get the mf and residual for 36mo/12K and 36mo/15K MI in Jan?

MSRP - 29076
    Residual - 17280
    $699 due at signing
    Monthly rate of $425

What is the selling price?

.00073 and 55% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K.

If the selling price is the same as the MSRP, I get a pre-tax payment of $380.62. Depending on where you live, the taxes might take that payment to $425.

Of course, it's also possible that the dealer has marked up the MF for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

hollease said:

MSRP - 29076
    Residual - 17280
    $699 due at signing
    Monthly rate of $425

If the selling price is the same as the MSRP, I get a pre-tax payment of $380.62. Depending on where you live, the taxes might take that payment to $425.

Of course, it's also possible that the dealer has marked up the MF for extra profit.

The selling price is $30315. The local dealer is doing an employee pricing for everyone promotion. With that he came with a reduced MSRP of 29076. I live in MI so the state tax is 6%. I think he has marked up the MF. So is $380.62 pre tax for a 36 month/12K a good deal for a 2015 GTI SE?
  • Options
    hollease said:

Michaell said:

hollease said:

MSRP - 29076
    Residual - 17280
    $699 due at signing
    Monthly rate of $425

The selling price is $30315. The local dealer is doing an employee pricing for everyone promotion. With that he came with a reduced MSRP of 29076. I live in MI so the state tax is 6%. I think he has marked up the MF. So is $380.62 pre tax for a 36 month/12K a good deal for a 2015 GTI SE?
    The MSRP is the bottom number on the window sticker. I suspect the promotional price is $29,076.

I don't make decisions about other people's money :smile: I just provide information to help folks make good decisions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

hollease said:

Michaell said:

hollease said:

MSRP - 29076
    Residual - 17280
    $699 due at signing
    Monthly rate of $425

The MSRP is the bottom number on the window sticker. I suspect the promotional price is $29,076.

I don't make decisions about other people's money :smile: I just provide information to help folks make good decisions.
    Haha...i get what you are saying. Let me rephrase my question. Is it a good decision to go with the above deal? ;)
    The dealer does not have the car in stock. He is getting it from a different dealer in Ohio apparently. But $30315 is the MSRP he quoted.
  • Options
    hollease said:

Michaell said:

hollease said:

Michaell said:

hollease said:

MSRP - 29076
    Residual - 17280
    $699 due at signing
    Monthly rate of $425

Haha...i get what you are saying. Let me rephrase my question. Is it a good decision to go with the above deal? ;)
    The dealer does not have the car in stock. He is getting it from a different dealer in Ohio apparently. But $30315 is the MSRP he quoted.
    Same answer; if you're comfortable with the negotiated selling price and you know the dealer isn't marking up the MF for extra profit, I don't think you can do any better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thank you. I appreciate your help on this,
  • Options
    Just leased a 4 DR GTI SE DSG with Lighting Package. Included lock nuts, rubber mats, Trunk liner, cargo organizer, first aid kit and roadside assistance kit. 3yr, 15k yr lease. Sale price was $29,307, $895 down, $395 a month. + tax. Wasn't originally keen on the lighting package, but he gave me a good enough price that I was convinced to go with it.

It is tough to get a good deal given the cars have been popular. The sales guy said Jetta is usually their big seller, but GTI has taken off since the car of the year win. Just go to plenty of dealers to establish which are willing to deal and which are going to try and maintain the price. Probably also helps I waited to the last day of the month.

• Options
    @limaechoecho

Thanks for reporting in.. Congrats on the new GTI!

You are right.... if you want a very popular car, you aren't going to get it cheap..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator