Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    rnc81rnc81 Member Posts: 8
    Decided to negotiate on the GLI. Cap cost $27,140
  • Options
    cjd260cjd260 Member Posts: 11
    Is it too early for an update on the money factor and residuals for May? Still looking at a GTI Autobahn for 36/10 or 36/12, but understand that the lease terms would have changed. Thanks.
  • Options
    lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    cjd260 said:

Is it too early for an update on the money factor and residuals for May? Still looking at a GTI Autobahn for 36/10 or 36/12, but understand that the lease terms would have changed. Thanks.

Me too...dealer is having difficulty locating vehicle to meet my requirements!
  • Options
    cjd260cjd260 Member Posts: 11
    For what it's worth, was just told by a dealer that the lease cash is gone in May but that the money factor has been lowered by a bit more; just got a new lease offer that's $7 a month lower as a result, but don't have the breakdown.
  • Options
    Anyone find updated rates? Looking for 24m/10k and 30m/10k. Tks in advance.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    cjd260 said:

.00010 MF and 56%/55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ledname said:

Anyone find updated rates? Looking for 24m/10k and 30m/10k. Tks in advance.

.00010 MF and 63%/59% residual.

36 month residuals are much better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    auditaasssauditaasss Member Posts: 21
    Could you clarify the 36m/10k numbers? Thanks
  • Options
    Looks to me like 56% RV and .00010 MF.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,401
    ledname said:
    Looks to me like 56% RV and .00010 MF.
     That is correct 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    RonA13RonA13 Member Posts: 37
    Hi,

Do you have the May money factor and residual for a base model golf-r 36mo/12k?

Thanks!
  • Options
    RonA13 said:

Hi,

Do you have the May money factor and residual for a base model golf-r 36mo/12k?

Thanks!

67% and .00169

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    That was fast. Thanks!
  • Options
    Sorry, one more 36mo/12k on gti 4-door SE with performance pack (not sure if it is also 55%/.00010). Thanks again!
  • Options
    RonA13 said:

Sorry, one more 36mo/12k on gti 4-door SE with performance pack (not sure if it is also 55%/.00010). Thanks again!

All GTI's have the same numbers in May .... 55% and .00010 for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    megacyclemegacycle Member Posts: 10
    What are the May numbers for a 2015 Golf TSI (not a GTI), 2dr, automatic, for 36mo, 10K or 12K per year in MA?
  • Options
    megacycle said:

What are the May numbers for a 2015 Golf TSI (not a GTI), 2dr, automatic, for 36mo, 10K or 12K per year in MA?

.00050 and 51% for 36/12. Add 1% for 10K. $1000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

megacycle said:

Thank you
  • Options
    Michaell said:

megacycle said:

I have a dealer telling me that there is no lease cash available on the 2015 Golf. Is there a way to verify this information?
  • Options
    megacycle said:

Michaell said:

megacycle said:

I have a dealer telling me that there is no lease cash available on the 2015 Golf. Is there a way to verify this information?
    Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive. The dealer can choose not to pass it along to the customer. And, the lease cash in May is only for the TSI version - TDI, GTI and the new SportWagen have no lease cash.

Reach out to a different dealer; it only takes one to make a deal with you, on your terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Picked up my GTI Autobahn Manual yesterday...thanks for the assistance here!  $2500 off MSRP and MF as shown here.  
  • Options
    ledname said:

Picked up my GTI Autobahn Manual yesterday...thanks for the assistance here!  $2500 off MSRP and MF as shown here.  

Congrats! I am officially jealous.. B)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

ledname said:

Congrats! I am officially jealous.. B)
    Make that two of us .... :sunglasses:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    zzbellzzbell Member Posts: 34
    Hi there. Looking into a 15 GTI 4 door S manual with PP.
    Lease is 36mos 10,500 miles/yr
    $3500 down
    $300 month

MSRP is 30,970. I'm assuming cap cost is around 28,500.
    Residual said to be 58% and MF of .00010

Is this a good deal or should I try for better?
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    zzbell said:

Hi there. Looking into a 15 GTI 4 door S manual with PP.
    Lease is 36mos 10,500 miles/yr
    $3500 down
    $300 month

MSRP is 30,970. I'm assuming cap cost is around 28,500.
    Residual said to be 58% and MF of .00010

Is this a good deal or should I try for better?
    Thanks!!

The 36/10 numbers are .00010 MF and 56% residual. With your MSRP and cap cost, I get a pre-tax payment of $314.50.

What is the breakdown of the $3500 due at signing? We don't recommend making any sort of down payment or cap cost reduction - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Hmm, he did not mention a breakdown of the $3,500 only that it would cover the 1st payment. I will need to look into it more. Something seems a bit off. I went to another dealer and they said that deal was not even possible.
    First correspondence was 0 down 383 a month plus tax. Second was 3k down 337 including taxes. Final is where it is now, but if you are getting $314.50 something has to be off. I don't feel good about it. Thanks for a quick response!
    For the GTI lease special of $289 a month and $1999 down, do you know how that $1999 should break down?
  • Options
    zzbell said:

Hmm, he did not mention a breakdown of the $3,500 only that it would cover the 1st payment. I will need to look into it more. Something seems a bit off. I went to another dealer and they said that deal was not even possible.
    First correspondence was 0 down 383 a month plus tax. Second was 3k down 337 including taxes. Final is where it is now, but if you are getting $314.50 something has to be off. I don't feel good about it. Thanks for a quick response!
    For the GTI lease special of $289 a month and $1999 down, do you know how that $1999 should break down?

If you read the fine print, the entire $1999 is cap cost reduction - taxes and fees are extra.

Also, not a good idea to negotiate on payment. As you see, too much wiggle room for the dealer. Get the net cap cost and work the math yourself.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks. The details listed on the VW website state $1999 due at signing, and $625 acquisition fee is included in that. I was curious to know if the rest was first payment, cap reduction, or security deposit. Thanks for clearing that up and the advice. Appreciated.
  • Options
    bkvwguybkvwguy Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    I'm thinking about doing a 48/15 lease on a 2015 VW GTI SE. Can I get the number for that please? I've also noticed the vast majority of people are going with a 36 month lease. Is there a reason for that or is it simply personal preference? Thanks!

Edited: I did some research and get why everyone prefers the 36 mo lease. Can I also get numbers for 36/15? Thanks again.
  • Options
    bkvwguy said:

I'm thinking about doing a 48/15 lease on a 2015 VW GTI SE. Can I get the number for that please? I've also noticed the vast majority of people are going with a 36 month lease. Is there a reason for that or is it simply personal preference? Thanks!

Edited: I did some research and get why everyone prefers the 36 mo lease. Can I also get numbers for 36/15? Thanks again.

36/15 - .00010 and 53%

48/15 - .00060 and 46%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bkvwguybkvwguy Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

bkvwguy said:

36/15 - .00010 and 53%

48/15 - .00060 and 46%
    Wow, I didn't think the difference in MF would be that drastic. I clearly need to reconsider my options. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Here's my thoughts.

I've done four Audi leases (A4 Cab, A5 Cab, Q5, Q5 TDI). When we had our first kid I was forced to look into trading in the A5 Cab a year early (36m lease). And I was shocked to realize that I could walk away with $7,000 cash, and I put $0 down.

So we did the same with the Q5 and again walked away with $2k. The TDI ended up being cheaper per month when you factor in fuel & lease, despite it being a faster and nice car.

We now need a second car, and I'm about to do a GTI lease, I have no intention of keeping it for 36 months because my experience has shown that you are way better off trading it early. But I'm going to go with a 36m lease so I have plenty of time before I have to make a decision.

Of course this is all presuming the residual calculated by Audi\VW (same financing company) is wrong in your favor. If it's not, then you just run out the lease and walk away. However my experience (and a few friends) has shown that cashing out early is frequently better financially.

It's also worth noting, in Washington State at least, that you don't pay tax if a dealer pays off the car for you, and uses the money as part of a new car purchase. Which is another reason why I have always made money from breaking a lease early.

And this forums has been awesome in helping me always get the right residual and money factor!

Your mileage, of course, will vary.
  • Options
    ebarberebarber Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to thank the mods for the valuable info they provide here!

A local dealer had a 2015 GTI coming in that was exactly what I wanted. If I got a fair deal, it would be mine. Thanks to the info here I was armed with the numbers I 'should' get from the dealer. Glad I was armed with this info, because the initial numbers for a 3yr/15k lease were outrageous.

When I called them on it, suddenly there were explanations that they "must have experienced a computer glitch" as their money factor was much higher than it should have been, and yes, VW offers what I (and Edmunds) was saying.

Funny thing is, the sales manager assured me that the higher rate would not have gone through once I got to the finance department, as VW has to "validate" all leases and it would not "validate" my higher rate. I tend to believe if I signed off on that higher payment, no one in finance would be giving me the great news that my payments would actually be lower due to VW not allowing the higher rate. That's their story though...

I stopped short of accusing them of dishonesty, though their story was a bit tough to swallow. It left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, but I eventually got the correct rate and a decent deal.

In the end, your help came through. I appreciate it much, and am now driving happy. Thanks again.
  • Options
    ebarber said:

I just wanted to thank the mods for the valuable info they provide here!

A local dealer had a 2015 GTI coming in that was exactly what I wanted. If I got a fair deal, it would be mine. Thanks to the info here I was armed with the numbers I 'should' get from the dealer. Glad I was armed with this info, because the initial numbers for a 3yr/15k lease were outrageous.

When I called them on it, suddenly there were explanations that they "must have experienced a computer glitch" as their money factor was much higher than it should have been, and yes, VW offers what I (and Edmunds) was saying.

Funny thing is, the sales manager assured me that the higher rate would not have gone through once I got to the finance department, as VW has to "validate" all leases and it would not "validate" my higher rate. I tend to believe if I signed off on that higher payment, no one in finance would be giving me the great news that my payments would actually be lower due to VW not allowing the higher rate. That's their story though...

I stopped short of accusing them of dishonesty, though their story was a bit tough to swallow. It left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, but I eventually got the correct rate and a decent deal.

In the end, your help came through. I appreciate it much, and am now driving happy. Thanks again.

Congratulations - and, I doubt that the higher rate, had you signed off on it, would trigger anything but high fives amongst the finance and sales staff at the dealership.

Enjoy your new GTI.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    rlplucienrlplucien Member Posts: 26
    I was hoping someone can give some input on whether or not this seems right. I spoke with someone at a dealership and got some prices over the phone. Of course, they didn't want to talk about MF or residual because "that depends on a lot of things." So they wanted me to come in. But for a 2015 gti s 4 door and rolling in 3500 of negative equity on my current car they gave me a price of $0 down and 450/mo. This seemed low to me, especially considering the negative equity. 
  • Options
    rlplucien said:

I was hoping someone can give some input on whether or not this seems right. I spoke with someone at a dealership and got some prices over the phone. Of course, they didn't want to talk about MF or residual because "that depends on a lot of things." So they wanted me to come in. But for a 2015 gti s 4 door and rolling in 3500 of negative equity on my current car they gave me a price of $0 down and 450/mo. This seemed low to me, especially considering the negative equity. 

What lease term? How many miles per year?

If this is for 36 months, the $3500 negative equity would add almost $100/mo to your payment. I have seen some GTI leases in the $350/mo range, so it's not impossible to think the dealer is being legit.

But ... not much in the way of detail. Need to know the MSRP and selling price in order to model a payment. It's possible they are using the quote to get you to the dealership, whereby they jack up all the numbers on you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:
    What lease term? How many miles per year? If this is for 36 months, the $3500 negative equity would add almost $100/mo to your payment. I have seen some GTI leases in the $350/mo range, so it's not impossible to think the dealer is being legit. But ... not much in the way of detail. Need to know the MSRP and selling price in order to model a payment. It's possible they are using the quote to get you to the dealership, whereby they jack up all the numbers on you.
    She didn't want to discuss more until I came into the dealership. So I'm guessing she was giving me a number on the lower end to get me to come in. I just wanted to see if that was possible before I made a trip out to the dealer and wasted my time by having them jack up the numbers on me. That negative equity situation is a huge bummer. The cars I could get if that wasn't hanging over me..
  • Options
    rlplucien said:

Michaell said:

rlplucien said:

What lease term? How many miles per year?

If this is for 36 months, the $3500 negative equity would add almost $100/mo to your payment. I have seen some GTI leases in the $350/mo range, so it's not impossible to think the dealer is being legit.

But ... not much in the way of detail. Need to know the MSRP and selling price in order to model a payment. It's possible they are using the quote to get you to the dealership, whereby they jack up all the numbers on you.

She didn't want to discuss more until I came into the dealership. So I'm guessing she was giving me a number on the lower end to get me to come in. I just wanted to see if that was possible before I made a trip out to the dealer and wasted my time by having them jack up the numbers on me. That negative equity situation is a huge bummer. The cars I could get if that wasn't hanging over me..

Is your negative equity from a lease you are trying to terminate early? Or a conventional loan?

Either way, with time the number will grow smaller.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    When they become available, can you post the MF and residual for GTI S manual for June.
    36/12 and 36/10k
    thank you
  • Options
    zzbell said:

When they become available, can you post the MF and residual for GTI S manual for June.
    36/12 and 36/10k
    thank you

The current program is scheduled to run through June 30th. Unless they decide to update it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Is your negative equity from a lease you are trying to terminate early? Or a conventional loan? Either way, with time the number will grow smaller.
    Its a conventional loan. The car isn't going to last much longer, so I want to get rid of it. I made a bad financial decision a few years ago and got a 6 year 10% interest loan on a car with 70k miles. 
  • Options
    ajwkmajwkm Member Posts: 2
    Hi!

First time post! I have been quoted a 55% residual, 0.00036 money factor on a 15 GTI SE with PP, lighting. 12k miles per year. Can anyone tell me if this an OK lease price?

Thanks!
  • Options
    ajwkm said:

Hi!

First time post! I have been quoted a 55% residual, 0.00036 money factor on a 15 GTI SE with PP, lighting. 12k miles per year. Can anyone tell me if this an OK lease price?

Thanks!

New money factor effective today is .00010. Residual is correct.

2-door models have $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hi All,

I went in today to finalize the purchase of my GTI SE 4-door before the car is delivered next week. How does this look:

MSRP $30,540
    Discount $1,079
    +$149 Service Plan (20k and 30k service)
    +$625 Acquisition Fee
    +$150 Doc Fee (partially refunded when the number is finalized)
    +$240 Title, License & Registration Fee (partially refunded when the number is finalized)

Residual 56%
    0.00010 Money Factor
    10k Lease
    $999 down, with 1st payment included
    9.8% Sales Tax
    $401.19 per Month

It most likely looks right and meets my budget but I'm interested to see if I didn't get the best deal :)

Thanks
  • Options

Hi All,

I went in today to finalize the purchase of my GTI SE 4-door before the car is delivered next week. How does this look:

MSRP $30,540
    Discount $1,079
    +$149 Service Plan (20k and 30k service)
    +$625 Acquisition Fee
    +$150 Doc Fee (partially refunded when the number is finalized)
    +$240 Title, License & Registration Fee (partially refunded when the number is finalized)

Residual 56%
    0.00010 Money Factor
    10k Lease
    $999 down, with 1st payment included
    9.8% Sales Tax
    $401.19 per Month

It most likely looks right and meets my budget but I'm interested to see if I didn't get the best deal :)

Thanks

I can confirm the base MF of .00010 and the 36/10 residual of 56% .. if you're comfortable with the rest of the numbers, then you should be good to go.

The sales tax is a bit of a killer, I have to say.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    WA sales tax is high but there's no income tax so they equal each other out.

The two things I wanted to check was the acquisition fee, is that high number normal, and is a $1,079 appropriate?
  • Options

WA sales tax is high but there's no income tax so they equal each other out.

The two things I wanted to check was the acquisition fee, is that high number normal, and is a $1,079 appropriate?

$625 is the base acquisition fee from VW Credit.

I don't track selling prices; read back through the last couple of pages in this discussion to see what others have been able to negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks Michaell, that's very helpful!
  • Options
    ajwkmajwkm Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

ajwkm said:

Hi!

Thanks!

Thank you kyfdx, pushed back at signing and they adjusted the money factor down to the published number. Much appreciated as it saved me over $15 a month :)
  • Options
    ajwkm said:

kyfdx said:

ajwkm said:

Hi!

Thanks!

Thank you kyfdx, pushed back at signing and they adjusted the money factor down to the published number. Much appreciated as it saved me over $15 a month :)
    Good deal!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator