Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    k_e_nk_e_n Member Posts: 89
    Looking for numbers on 18k/36 months in Florida. SE with Performance Package if it matters. Thanks 
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,447
    k_e_n said:
    Looking for numbers on 18k/36 months in Florida. SE with Performance Package if it matters. Thanks 
    .00073 and 55% for 36/15. Extra miles are purchased up front. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    lawbreaker420lawbreaker420 Member Posts: 7
    Just an FYI-
    On Saturday 1/31 got an SE manual 2dr with LP. Includes wheel locks, mats, 1st aid, and splash guard. 36/15K for $2200 (tax, dmv, fees, 1st payment...) and $365 / month. MSRP of 29780, sold at 28330. New York area. I probably could have worked it a little more, maybe to 360/month, but honestly I was tired. I was working numbers with 5 dealers and just ready to drive.
  • Options

Just an FYI-
    On Saturday 1/31 got an SE manual 2dr with LP. Includes wheel locks, mats, 1st aid, and splash guard. 36/15K for $2200 (tax, dmv, fees, 1st payment...) and $365 / month. MSRP of 29780, sold at 28330. New York area. I probably could have worked it a little more, maybe to 360/month, but honestly I was tired. I was working numbers with 5 dealers and just ready to drive.

Looks like your perseverance paid off. Enjoy the new GTI!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    kopchikckopchikc Member Posts: 36
    Any new residual/MF numbers for February as of yet? My current lease is up 3/2, so looking to pull the trigger some time in late Feb. Location is NC, interested in a GTI Autobahn DSG, 36/15K.
  • Options
    jaymoojaymoo Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I tentatively worked out a deal a few days back but I'm wondering if the numbers have changed in my favor for February. Would be curious to find out before I sign any deal. I'm curious about the GTI S DSG 2DR 36/15k.

Thanks

Jamo
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,435
    kopchikc said:

Any new residual/MF numbers for February as of yet? My current lease is up 3/2, so looking to pull the trigger some time in late Feb. Location is NC, interested in a GTI Autobahn DSG, 36/15K.

.00051 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jaymoojaymoo Member Posts: 5
    kyfdx said:

kopchikc said:

Does that change for 36/15k on the S model?
  • Options
    jaymoo said:

kyfdx said:

kopchikc said:

Does that change for 36/15k on the S model?
    All GTI trim levels have the same numbers in February.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    multi435multi435 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    First off I'd like to thank everyone for the information posted here. I've been religiously monitoring this thread for a month or two.

With that being said, I just signed a lease for a 2015 GTI S. 36/12k
    Ended up costing me $380/mo with tax. They gave me 2 extra years of maintenance as well. Not sure how this ranks up as far as deals go, but there were two different dealerships fighting for my business and it seemed like that was about as low as they would go.
  • Options
    multi435 said:

First off I'd like to thank everyone for the information posted here. I've been religiously monitoring this thread for a month or two.

With that being said, I just signed a lease for a 2015 GTI S. 36/12k
    Ended up costing me $380/mo with tax. They gave me 2 extra years of maintenance as well. Not sure how this ranks up as far as deals go, but there were two different dealerships fighting for my business and it seemed like that was about as low as they would go.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new GTI

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Recent buyers and current shoppers, please take a moment to help us out on this quick poll:

What stage of the car buying process are you in right now?

Thanks!
  • Options
    dealersliedealerslie Member Posts: 2
    February MF/Residual for GTI S, Manual 24 month/15k per year.

Also, what's a good rule of thumb percentage for dealer invoice... 4-5%?

Thank You.
  • Options

Thank You.

.00051 and 62%.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to get target pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dealersliedealerslie Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

Thank You.

.00051 and 62%.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to get target pricing.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    joof007joof007 Member Posts: 8
    Would appreciate it if you could provide numbers for a GTI S manual, 36 months/10K miles per year. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    joof007 said:

Would appreciate it if you could provide numbers for a GTI S manual, 36 months/10K miles per year. Thanks in advance.

.00051 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    hockeymutthockeymutt Member Posts: 3
    hey can i get the numbers for 48/10?
  • Options

.00101 MF and 51% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

thanks looks like the monthly payment is a wash compared to the 36/10k.
  • Options

kyfdx said:

thanks looks like the monthly payment is a wash compared to the 36/10k.
    Yeah, 36 months is usually the sweet spot.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    vapedoctorvapedoctor Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Can you provide numbers for: 36months/15,000 miles? 2015 GTI S DSG with Lighting package,
  • Options

Can you provide numbers for: 36months/15,000 miles? 2015 GTI S DSG with Lighting package,

.00051 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    petroglyphixpetroglyphix Member Posts: 1
    Looking for the figures on a 36 month--12k miles/year lease on a 2015 GTI SE with the lighting and performance package as well as the dynamic chassis control. Thank you!
  • Options

Looking for the figures on a 36 month--12k miles/year lease on a 2015 GTI SE with the lighting and performance package as well as the dynamic chassis control. Thank you!

.00051 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    briannj_briannj_ Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

I am looking for figures on a 36 month/12k-year lease on a; 2015 VW GTI Autobahn w/ Lighting package. Also, would the Residual vary with trim level? IE, 2015 gti SE W/Lighting pkg? Thank you.
  • Options
    briannj_ said:

Hello,

I am looking for figures on a 36 month/12k-year lease on a; 2015 VW GTI Autobahn w/ Lighting package. Also, would the Residual vary with trim level? IE, 2015 gti SE W/Lighting pkg? Thank you.

All GTI's have the same numbers this month: .00051 and 57% for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    What is the new MF rates for March 2015? Just went to the dealers and they said lowest this month is 0.00163 MF, 55% Residual for 15K, 36 months
  • Options

What is the new MF rates for March 2015? Just went to the dealers and they said lowest this month is 0.00163 MF, 55% Residual for 15K, 36 months

.00070 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

When you say 500 lease cash, does that mean $500 down?
  • Options

kyfdx said:

When you say 500 lease cash, does that mean $500 down?
    No - lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive for leases. Dealer can choose to pass it along to the consumer. Can be used to lower the selling price or to offset the up front costs of a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    gtravisgtravis Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2015
    Please provide march MF and Residual for 36month/10k miles per year GTI automatic 4DR SE for IL zip code 60187. Thank You
  • Options
    gtravis said:

Please provide march MF and Residual for 36month/10k miles per year GTI automatic 4DR SE for IL zip code 60187. Thank You

.00070 MF and 57% residual. $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks kyfdx. In above message when some people post their lease numbers some talk about how they got a 2 year maintenance package as part of the deal. Can you please provide some info on this? I cannot find anything online when I search. Thanks again
  • Options
    Is the current national offer a good deal that is worth biting before it ends march 31st ? Does anyone know the breakdown for the $1,999 due at signing. What MF and residual is this offer using. pasting deal info below
    2015 GTI Lease Special.
    $289*/Month. 36-month lease. $1,999 due at signing.

National Offer | Offer ends March 31st 2015

Lease a 2015 GTI 4-Door S with manual transmission for $289* a month. 36-month lease, $1,999 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees). See your local VW dealer for this limited time offer or for one of many other great lease deals available on GTI models.

*Based on MSRP of $26,205 (including destination charges) for a 2015 GTI 4-Door S with manual transmission, excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees. Monthly payments total $10,404. Acquisition fee of $625 included in amount due at signing. Requires dealer contribution of $1,018.37, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Purchase option at lease end for $14,674.80. At lease end lessees responsible for $0.20/mile over 36,000 miles and excessive wear and tear. Dealer sets actual prices.
  • Options
    gtravis said:

Thanks kyfdx. In above message when some people post their lease numbers some talk about how they got a 2 year maintenance package as part of the deal. Can you please provide some info on this? I cannot find anything online when I search. Thanks again

I thought all VWs included 2 years of scheduled maintenance?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gtravis said:

Is the current national offer a good deal that is worth biting before it ends march 31st ? Does anyone know the breakdown for the $1,999 due at signing. What MF and residual is this offer using. pasting deal info below
    2015 GTI Lease Special.
    $289*/Month. 36-month lease. $1,999 due at signing.

National Offer | Offer ends March 31st 2015

Lease a 2015 GTI 4-Door S with manual transmission for $289* a month. 36-month lease, $1,999 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees). See your local VW dealer for this limited time offer or for one of many other great lease deals available on GTI models.

*Based on MSRP of $26,205 (including destination charges) for a 2015 GTI 4-Door S with manual transmission, excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees. Monthly payments total $10,404. Acquisition fee of $625 included in amount due at signing. Requires dealer contribution of $1,018.37, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Purchase option at lease end for $14,674.80. At lease end lessees responsible for $0.20/mile over 36,000 miles and excessive wear and tear. Dealer sets actual prices.

The $1995 is for the first payment and and $625 acquisition fee, with the balance ($1081) going to CAP cost reduction. This deal is contingent on dealer offering the $1018 discount from MSRP.

It's a decent deal. You'll still have to pay tax,title and registration on top of that, plus whatever the dealer tries to add on top.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks kyfdx. I will be leasing for the first time in my life since IL leasing laws finally changed this year. I am going to pull the trigger on a gti lease before mar 31. Can you recommend a nice leasing calculator android app so i can take my tablet while signing. Will be very helpful. My math is not good. :-)
  • Options
    gtravis said:

Thanks kyfdx. I will be leasing for the first time in my life since IL leasing laws finally changed this year. I am going to pull the trigger on a gti lease before mar 31. Can you recommend a nice leasing calculator android app so i can take my tablet while signing. Will be very helpful. My math is not good. :-)

Sorry.. I don't have any experience with lease apps..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I looked in last year's lease thread and in april 2014 the rates were .00027 MF and 55% for 36mo/10K. Right now it is .00070 and 57% residual for 36/10k. Which one's a better deal ? I am confused since one has lower mf AND lower residual and other has higher mf and higher residual... Please advise so I can decide if I should wait till next month or pull the trigger this month . I am willing to do multiple security deposits as described in below. Any truth to this multiple deposit stuff ? Not seen discussed here on the forums.. Thanks
    fox.vwdealer.com/MiscPage_7
  • Options
    gtravis said:

I looked in last year's lease thread and in april 2014 the rates were .00027 MF and 55% for 36mo/10K. Right now it is .00070 and 57% residual for 36/10k. Which one's a better deal ? I am confused since one has lower mf AND lower residual and other has higher mf and higher residual... Please advise so I can decide if I should wait till next month or pull the trigger this month . I am willing to do multiple security deposits as described in below. Any truth to this multiple deposit stuff ? Not seen discussed here on the forums.. Thanks

Do not use past numbers as a way to predict what will happen in the future. The 2015 GTI has been very popular and, as such, the MF and residual are still pretty high. I wouldn't expect much of a change for April, but the magic 8-ball is in the shop at the moment.

I'm not aware of an MSD program for VW. Perhaps my co-host has more knowledge.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I called a few dealers in chicago area. They do not do MSD. Please disregard
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Mike, kyfdx, need your help in making an offer. The salesman iam working with is a professional good guy so dont want to cluelessly low ball him . I am leasing. The car is 2015 GTI S, automatic, color is csg with plaid interior no sunroof or none of any other packages like lighting package, mud flaps, wheel locks, cargo net etc. Edmunds tmv is $27,129. truecar for my zip code of 60187 spit out $25,167. Guessing dealer will offer $1081 off msrp of $27,305 as per the national lease offer right now. Edmunds says invoice is $26,246. Think there is $500 lease cash to dealer also. With all those numbers what is a realistic offer to make based on what others are reporting on deals they got ? This will probably be my last question before I pull the trigger. Appreciate all the help from you guys.
  • Options
    gtravis said:

Not sure that what happened last year is relevant to this year.. Or, whether it matters if it was a better deal... That was then, and this is now. You can't go back and get that deal, nor is it necessarily predictive of what will happen next month.

That's the first I've heard of VW having an MSD program... but, if available (and that sure looks like an official program), I'd encourage you to take advantage of it, if you have the spare cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Hello, Does anyone know the rule of thumb or formula for lease equity ? for eg say my 36month/10k lease is up but I have done only 20k miles. My residual when I took the lease was say $15,000. 2 questions
    1) When looking up kbb for what the car is worth at the end of 3 years should I look at the trade in value or dealer retail ? Residual on lease = retail value or trade in value ?
    2) If that value is say $16,000, is my lease equity $1,000 or is it a formula like .20c x 10k miles
    Thank you
  • Options
    gtravis said:

Hello, Does anyone know the rule of thumb or formula for lease equity ? for eg say my 36month/10k lease is up but I have done only 20k miles. My residual when I took the lease was say $15,000. 2 questions
    1) When looking up kbb for what the car is worth at the end of 3 years should I look at the trade in value or dealer retail ? Residual on lease = retail value or trade in value ?
    2) If that value is say $16,000, is my lease equity $1,000 or is it a formula like .20c x 10k miles
    Thank you

There is no formula.. Sometimes, residuals just aren't realistic, and your car may not be worth more than that, no matter how few miles.

But, in comparisons, you want to use wholesale or trade-in value, to calculate any equity you may have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    spacetime1spacetime1 Member Posts: 26
    Hey guys.
    I just was offered this deal on a GTI (4dr, se, dsg, w/lighting) for:

$3k down and $340/month for 12k miles on 3 year lease.
    (This includes taxes, license, destination and first month payment)

Does this seem like a good deal? I know the down payment may be a little high, but I'd rather have lower monthly payments.
  • Options
    whats the selling price of the car? Never go off monthly payments, Get the true car price and that will usually be you best deal, unless you have cost co. I would highly suggest not putting any money down a lease.
  • Options
    spacetime1spacetime1 Member Posts: 26
    Well I plugged my numbers into the Truecar estimate for my zip (Chicago), and Truecar spit out "an unusually low or outstanding offer." I just wanted some real world opinions from people that knew their stuff. :smile: I actually don't know the exact price.. But I listed all the car options above.
  • Options

Hey guys.
    I just was offered this deal on a GTI (4dr, se, dsg, w/lighting) for:

$3k down and $340/month for 12k miles on 3 year lease.
    (This includes taxes, license, destination and first month payment)

Does this seem like a good deal? I know the down payment may be a little high, but I'd rather have lower monthly payments.

We would need to know the MSRP and selling price to fully evaluate the deal.

And, what is the breakdown of the $3K due at signing?

36/12 lease numbers on the GTI are .00070 and 56%. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator