Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    xeonman13xeonman13 Member Posts: 15
    Odd scenario with a GTI lease. maybe someone can help.
    So I did what everyone says not to do. I negotiated a lease based on payments.
    Though I did it because I never thought they would cut the deal. But they did.

i got a 2015 GTI SE (MSRP : $29,000)

The dealer was going to match the oddly low TrueCar price of $25,800
    Included in the deal, they took my 2012 Passat with a month left on the lease and made that payment,
    Residual on Passat was 14K and no dealer wanted to give me more than 12K. not even carmax
    The deal was for 36 months / 12K miles for $370 tax in. 0 out of pocket, not even first month.

My wife did the paperwork and when I looked at it it says we paid $27,200 but put $1,400 due at signing. But we put nothing down. Anyone ever seen them put money due at signing when nothing was put down?

The finance guy says that they just put the $1400 difference from what we paid to what was on the agreement and used that money as my down.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this.

Thanks
  • Options
    spacetime1spacetime1 Member Posts: 26
    Well, I have a new deal with a different dealership.
    Everything I had above, (se, dsg, 4dr, lighting package) for on a 36/12 lease for:

$2000 down and $340/month.

I realize that I may not have the selling price or msrp of the exact model, but it just seems like a good deal...
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,392

Well, I have a new deal with a different dealership.
    Everything I had above, (se, dsg, 4dr, lighting package) for on a 36/12 lease for:

$2000 down and $340/month.

I realize that I may not have the selling price or msrp of the exact model, but it just seems like a good deal...

Still need the same information as asked for above - MSRP. selling price, break down of the down payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    gtravisgtravis Member Posts: 27
    xeonman13 said:

Included in the deal, they took my 2012 Passat with a month left on the lease and made that payment,
    Residual on Passat was 14K and no dealer wanted to give me more than 12K. not even carmax
    The deal was for 36 months / 12K miles for $370 tax in. 0 out of pocket, not even first month.

My wife did the paperwork and when I looked at it it says we paid $27,200 but put $1,400 due at signing. But we put nothing down. Anyone ever seen them put money due at signing when nothing was put down?

The finance guy says that they just put the $1400 difference from what we paid to what was on the agreement and used that money as my down.

Thanks

Awesome info. Thanks Dude. Think you got a fair deal. No dealer gave you more than 12k since they knew you were not leasing or buying from them. The $500 lease cash works towards paying off your passat and cleaning it up for resale... (one owner , clean carfax, serviced at our dealership etc)..This months lease offer has about $1000 in dealer contribution. (national offer). So matching truecar is no big deal. Truecar will now pick up this sale transaction as $27,200 and as more of these happen future buyers will get quoted higher from truecar. Nice why to manipulate tmv or trucar. Dealer makes money on reselling passat, your future service visits, little bit this sale and you saved on disposition fee, drive new car one month earlier, got at or slightly below invoice. I knew this numbers game from trading in a car and buying new but you showed that this is alive and well in leasing also. Time to screw the numbers and enjoy the gti!! good luck

• Options
    xeonman13xeonman13 Member Posts: 15
    that
    gtravis said:

xeonman13 said:

Thanks

Awesome info. Thanks Dude. Think you got a fair deal. No dealer gave you more than 12k since they knew you were not leasing or buying from them. The $500 lease cash works towards paying off your passat and cleaning it up for resale... (one owner , clean carfax, serviced at our dealership etc)..This months lease offer has about $1000 in dealer contribution. (national offer). So matching truecar is no big deal. Truecar will now pick up this sale transaction as $27,200 and as more of these happen future buyers will get quoted higher from truecar. Nice why to manipulate tmv or trucar. Dealer makes money on reselling passat, your future service visits, little bit this sale and you saved on disposition fee, drive new car one month earlier, got at or slightly below invoice. I knew this numbers game from trading in a car and buying new but you showed that this is alive and well in leasing also. Time to screw the numbers and enjoy the gti!! good luck

Thanks for the reply.
    If something I did messes with TrueCar Values, my apologies. lol i had no idea.
    BUT i will say the trade in value was based on me leasing a car.
    I first tried trading in my lease 4 months ago and NO one gave me more than 12K.
    I went to get an IS250, tried a GTI in December and Jan, and they wanted $2100 down and $399 a month for an SE. This month the BEST I got was $370 + TAX and I keep my passat and pay the last month and deal with lease end process.

It was over miles, needed some work (2 or 3 dings from other cars in the door), so me dropping it now avoided my end of lease wear and tear and over milage fee. Also bald tires. Saved me over 1K.

• Options
    VW excess wear and tear. How much does it normally cost ? Is it std in all vw leases or optional ? Do you guys take this or skip ? Please advise on this.. Thanks
  • Options
    I am not referring to going over miles and getting charged 20c per mile. iam referring to the excess wear protection mentioned here
  • Options
    spacetime1spacetime1 Member Posts: 26
    Hey guys, here's my deal:

GTI (4dr, se, dsg, w/lighting) for:

$3k down and $340/month for 12k miles on 3 year lease.
    (This includes taxes, license, destination and first month payment)

MSRP; $31377
    Selling price (gross capitalized cost): $28873

How's the deal? Thanks
  • Options

Hey guys, here's my deal:

GTI (4dr, se, dsg, w/lighting) for:

$3k down and $340/month for 12k miles on 3 year lease.
    (This includes taxes, license, destination and first month payment)

MSRP; $31377
    Selling price (gross capitalized cost): $28873

How's the deal? Thanks

None of the $3K down is for cap cost reduction?

36/12 numbers for the GTI are .00070 and 56%. With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $346.45/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    gtravis said:

VW excess wear and tear. How much does it normally cost ? Is it std in all vw leases or optional ? Do you guys take this or skip ? Please advise on this.. Thanks

gtravis said:

I am not referring to going over miles and getting charged 20c per mile. iam referring to the excess wear protection mentioned here

LEWP: Lease Excess Wear Protection.

This is an optional coverage at additional cost. I usually recommend against it, because it's around $800 for only $5000 in max coverage that you likely won't need, anyway..

But, this month, VW is adding 2% to the residual for any 2015 Golf or GTI that has this coverage... On a $30k MSRP vehicle, that covers $600 of the cost..

I don't know the exact list price of the LEWP, but negotiate your best deal first, then ask about adding it... and, see where the numbers take you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

gtravis said:

gtravis said:

This is an optional coverage at additional cost. I usually recommend against it, because it's around $800 for only $5000 in max coverage that you likely won't need, anyway..

But, this month, VW is adding 2% to the residual for any 2015 Golf or GTI that has this coverage... On a $30k MSRP vehicle, that covers $600 of the cost..

I don't know the exact list price of the LEWP, but negotiate your best deal first, then ask about adding it... and, see where the numbers take you.

Thanks kyfdx. That helps since the dealer iam working with is claiming this is std this month not optional. He never told me about this VW 2% offer. How the common lessee on the street looking to lease is going to find out all this info without you helpful folks at Edmunds is beyond me. Leasing has gone way beyond just the sale price, MF... residual etc but is worth learning if one see's the benefits of leasing and takes the time to learn all the tricks of this game.. Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Need help on residual calculation.
    Does msrp mean the window sticker price ? Is the residual computed off msrp/sticker or off gross cap cost which is typically the negotiated sell price or off adjusted cap cost which includes all fees and taxes ? Is there any law on this or can the dealer pick any of 3 to their advantage when computing residual ? (msrp, gross cap or adjusted cap cost) Please advise. thanks
  • Options
    gtravis said:

Need help on residual calculation.
    Does msrp mean the window sticker price ? Is the residual computed off msrp/sticker or off gross cap cost which is typically the negotiated sell price or off adjusted cap cost which includes all fees and taxes ? Is there any law on this or can the dealer pick any of 3 to their advantage when computing residual ? (msrp, gross cap or adjusted cap cost) Please advise. thanks

Residual is based off the MSRP - the bottom line on the factory window sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    nestacatnestacat Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a car configured exactly like the one above - 2015 GTI 4dr SE with DSG and lighting package. I'm in 78732. The MSRP is $31,300, my USAA TRUECar price is $29,092, which the dealer will honor. I haven't been offered any sort of $X down / $X per month lease deal yet, as I'm still debating finance vs. lease. I've only financed vehicles in the past.

I'm replacing my 2014 Subaru BRZ and still owe $14,700 on it. I'm trying to get the VW dealership to match the CarMax $20K offer, although I may consider selling it myself if they don't. I understand the sales tax advantage to trading, so have factored that into my decision.

It looks like the current MF is .00070 with a 56% residual if I have read the recent posts correctly.

My question isn't, "is this a good deal?" but instead, "what should I look for in a lease offer?" I'm willing to trade my BRZ if they hit $20K and may also put a couple of grand down if it makes sense.

Thanks!
  • Options
    nestacat said:

I'm looking at a car configured exactly like the one above - 2015 GTI 4dr SE with DSG and lighting package. I'm in 78732. The MSRP is $31,300, my USAA TRUECar price is $29,092, which the dealer will honor. I haven't been offered any sort of $X down / $X per month lease deal yet, as I'm still debating finance vs. lease. I've only financed vehicles in the past.

I'm replacing my 2014 Subaru BRZ and still owe $14,700 on it. I'm trying to get the VW dealership to match the CarMax $20K offer, although I may consider selling it myself if they don't. I understand the sales tax advantage to trading, so have factored that into my decision.

It looks like the current MF is .00070 with a 56% residual if I have read the recent posts correctly.

My question isn't, "is this a good deal?" but instead, "what should I look for in a lease offer?" I'm willing to trade my BRZ if they hit $20K and may also put a couple of grand down if it makes sense.

Thanks!

.00070 and 56% are the 36/12 numbers for the GTI this month.

We do not recommend putting money down on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose the money. The best way to get a good lease payment is to negotiate the best selling price and ensure that the MF isn't marked up on you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

gtravis said:

gtravis said:

VW has upped the coverage to $10,000. link here just fyi in case others interested. i may take this since looks like worth it when combined with the 2% added residual..
  • Options
    a friend of mine leased a nissan and iam finally able to see a real lease agreement. With all the numbers on there we cannot figure out what MF was used. There is a rent charge $ amt. How do you compute the MF from rent charge givien msrp, cap cost, adj cap cost, rent charge , resdidual $ amt. Also assuming a sales tax of 7.5% on which amount is the sales tax computed ? (depreciation amount ??). Please advise.
  • Options
    gtravis said:

a friend of mine leased a nissan and iam finally able to see a real lease agreement. With all the numbers on there we cannot figure out what MF was used. There is a rent charge $ amt. How do you compute the MF from rent charge givien msrp, cap cost, adj cap cost, rent charge , resdidual $ amt. Also assuming a sales tax of 7.5% on which amount is the sales tax computed ? (depreciation amount ??). Please advise.

Yeah, the MF is generally not cited on the worksheet - the rent charge is the total amount due during the lease. You have to politely ask the dealer what MF they are using; it's not something you can reverse engineer with all the other numbers.

Sales tax obligations on a lease vary based on state. The most common approach is to tax just the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    eperlmuteperlmut Member Posts: 3
    New to forum, I was wondering, what is the residual and money factor for a 36/10 lease? Willing to monkey with the length a little bit too if it change the money factor.

Thanks!
  • Options
    eperlmut said:

New to forum, I was wondering, what is the residual and money factor for a 36/10 lease? Willing to monkey with the length a little bit too if it change the money factor.

Thanks!

.00070 and 57% are the 36/10 numbers for the GTI this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    augeydoggyaugeydoggy Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at the 2015 TDI Sportwagen in the SEL trim, MSRP of ~$32,750. Are the residual and MF known for 10K and 15K leases yet?
  • Options

I am looking at the 2015 TDI Sportwagen in the SEL trim, MSRP of ~$32,750. Are the residual and MF known for 10K and 15K leases yet?

.00166 MF and 61%/58% residual for 36 month leases

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    m3guynjm3guynj Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Any word on April GTI lease rates? Based on today's new lease offer on VW.com I calculated MF about .00091 and 0.57 residual for 36/10k. Am I close? Also any lease cash this month? Thanks.
  • Options
    augeydoggyaugeydoggy Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, kyfdx. I have never leased but was thinking about it this time. But at that MF, not so interesting. Is there a reason it is so much higher than the other Golf models?
  • Options
    m3guynj said:

Any word on April GTI lease rates? Based on today's new lease offer on VW.com I calculated MF about .00091 and 0.57 residual for 36/10k. Am I close? Also any lease cash this month? Thanks.

.00070 MF and 57% residual. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thanks, kyfdx. I have never leased but was thinking about it this time. But at that MF, not so interesting. Is there a reason it is so much higher than the other Golf models?

Just came out... the new GTI money factor was similar when the new model came out last summer.. As the newness wears off, rates will come down (how soon is anyone's guess)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    andrewbrandrewbr Member Posts: 2
    What would be the rough payment using April numbers for the following:

GTI (4 door, S, DSG, w/lighting package)
    $2400 down (includes tax, registration, first payment), 36mo/12k lease
    MSRP: $28570
    Selling price: $27463

The first deal he gave me was some outrageously high number of $500+ per month. When I balked at that, he came in around $350 a month with the $2400 down at a similar selling price. I ended up walking out that day but am curious what the payment should be roughly.

If the dealer tries to use a higher money factor than 0.00070, should they be able to go that low in the process of negotiation? When I talked to a salesman, he said they were using a money factor of 0.00180 last month.
    Let me know if you need more info to better assess this deal. Are residuals pretty standard across dealerships?

Pardon my lease noob-ness.
  • Options
    andrewbr said:

What would be the rough payment using April numbers for the following:

GTI (4 door, S, DSG, w/lighting package)
    $2400 down (includes tax, registration, first payment), 36mo/12k lease
    MSRP: $28570
    Selling price: $27463

The first deal he gave me was some outrageously high number of $500+ per month. When I balked at that, he came in around $350 a month with the $2400 down at a similar selling price. I ended up walking out that day but am curious what the payment should be roughly.

If the dealer tries to use a higher money factor than 0.00070, should they be able to go that low in the process of negotiation? When I talked to a salesman, he said they were using a money factor of 0.00180 last month.
    Let me know if you need more info to better assess this deal. Are residuals pretty standard across dealerships?

Pardon my lease noob-ness.

If you got the nationally advertised deal, you'd be at $320/mo. with $2000 due at signing.... That doesn't include tax or registration..

Don't know where you live, so I can't tell you how much to add for that... but, $2400 due at signing and $350/mo. is not going to be that far off.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    andrewbrandrewbr Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

If you got the nationally advertised deal, you'd be at $320/mo. with $2000 due at signing.... That doesn't include tax or registration..

Don't know where you live, so I can't tell you how much to add for that... but, $2400 due at signing and $350/mo. is not going to be that far off.

Thanks for the reply kyfdx.

I'm in the greater Seattle area. I can't recall what the tax and registration were quoted as, but they are high across the board in Washington.

The vehicle I have found is apparently a good deal as it is listed for barely above invoice price according to Edmunds. Certainly is tempting.
  • Options
    andrewbr said:

kyfdx said:

Thanks for the reply kyfdx.

I'm in the greater Seattle area. I can't recall what the tax and registration were quoted as, but they are high across the board in Washington.

The vehicle I have found is apparently a good deal as it is listed for barely above invoice price according to Edmunds. Certainly is tempting.
    There is $500 dealer lease cash on the GTI, which helps get the price down to the invoice level. I think WA tax is over 9% on the payment... $2400 upfront and $350/mo. all in, on a $28,500 MSRP GTI is not bad in Washington state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bdolesbdoles Member Posts: 1
    Does the 2015 GTI 2dr S and SE have the same money factor and residual?
    I got a price of 359/month with 0 upfront on a 48month/10k lease for a 2dr GTI DSG SE with Lighting package. I think it's a good price (right?)
    Anyway, if if I wanted the same car only S without lighting package, would the price decrease linearly? If so, the price should be around 300/month if I take only MSRPs into consideration to find the percent, right.?
  • Options
    bdoles said:

Does the 2015 GTI 2dr S and SE have the same money factor and residual?
    I got a price of 359/month with 0 upfront on a 48month/10k lease for a 2dr GTI DSG SE with Lighting package. I think it's a good price (right?)
    Anyway, if if I wanted the same car only S without lighting package, would the price decrease linearly? If so, the price should be around 300/month if I take only MSRPs into consideration to find the percent, right.?

Yes.. all GTIs have the same lease program..

Chances are, the lower MSRP car won't be exactly the same percentage less. Fixed costs like acquisition fee and registration/doc fees are probably the same, making the savings a little less than expected.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    johnsmith719johnsmith719 Member Posts: 19
    Really appreciate all your help and advice on this forum. It's an excellent resource and I've learned a lot.

I'm looking at a 2015 GTI S -DSG w/ Lighting Package in Denver, CO.
    Sale price: 25,980
    "Dealer Fee": 499
    County Fee: 27
    Lease cash: -500
    MF .0007 and Residual of 56% (15,643, based on MSRP, right?)
    Sales tax for my zip is 7.9%
    Out the door price w/ tax of $28,061.

I'm looking at 36k/12months w/ no money down and I was originally quoted $388/month. I countered with some math (sale price (tax included) less residual, then divided by 36 came to about $345/month) and they came back with $373, or the "base lease" price with tax (7.9%) calculated on the monthly payment. The haggler in me (I'm in sales in another industry) wants to get down to $365. Think it's reasonable? I will say I've been communicating w/ this dealer solely via email as I didn't want to deal with the phone calls and they've been accommodating, thus far.

Thanks in advance! I'm ready to pull the trigger but want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible.
  • Options

Really appreciate all your help and advice on this forum. It's an excellent resource and I've learned a lot.

I'm looking at 36k/12months w/ no money down and I was originally quoted $388/month. I countered with some math (sale price (tax included) less residual, then divided by 36 came to about $345/month) and they came back with $373, or the "base lease" price with tax (7.9%) calculated on the monthly payment. The haggler in me (I'm in sales in another industry) wants to get down to $365. Think it's reasonable? I will say I've been communicating w/ this dealer solely via email as I didn't want to deal with the phone calls and they've been accommodating, thus far.

Thanks in advance! I'm ready to pull the trigger but want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible.

I confirm the MF of .00070 and 36/12 residual of 56%.

How is the dealer getting to the "out the door" price of $28,061 from the selling price of $25,980? Colorado taxes the monthly payment on a lease, and the fees you've listed aren't nearly enough to get from A to B. I'd ask them about that - dealer fee and acquisition fee, perhaps?

Using your selling price as the net cap cost and the MSRP of $27,934, I get a pre-tax payment of $316.27 - add in the tax and the payment goes to $341.26. Of course, that means that you are paying the up front costs out of pocket (dealer fee, acquisition fee, etc.).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

How is the dealer getting to the "out the door" price of $28,061 from the selling price of $25,980? Colorado taxes the monthly payment on a lease, and the fees you've listed aren't nearly enough to get from A to B. I'd ask them about that - dealer fee and acquisition fee, perhaps?

Using your selling price as the net cap cost and the MSRP of $27,934, I get a pre-tax payment of $316.27 - add in the tax and the payment goes to $341.26. Of course, that means that you are paying the up front costs out of pocket (dealer fee, acquisition fee, etc.).
    The out the door price was my calculation based on the sale price of $25,980 plus the county fee of $27 equaling $26,007 and taxing that amount at 7.9% ($26,007 x 1.079=$28,061) in an attempt to negotiate based on sale price + taxes and fees. I now see how taxing monthly payment makes the numbers look better vs considering the OTD price (tax included). They would not budge on the sale price. I was quoted a dealer fee of $499, no other fees were mentioned. I'll ask about the acquisition fee and any others than might apply. Thank you!

The $341 you quoted is more in line with the numbers I was able to put together.

• Options
    Really appreciate all your help and advice on this forum. It's an excellent resource and I've learned a lot. I'm looking at a 2015 GTI S -DSG w/ Lighting Package in Denver, CO. Sale price: 25,980 "Dealer Fee": 499 County Fee: 27 Lease cash: -500 MF .0007 and Residual of 56% (15,643, based on MSRP, right?) Sales tax for my zip is 7.9% Out the door price w/ tax of $28,061. I'm looking at 36k/12months w/ no money down and I was originally quoted $388/month. I countered with some math (sale price (tax included) less residual, then divided by 36 came to about $345/month) and they came back with $373, or the "base lease" price with tax (7.9%) calculated on the monthly payment. The haggler in me (I'm in sales in another industry) wants to get down to $365. Think it's reasonable? I will say I've been communicating w/ this dealer solely via email as I didn't want to deal with the phone calls and they've been accommodating, thus far. Thanks in advance! I'm ready to pull the trigger but want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible.
    I confirm the MF of .00070 and 36/12 residual of 56%. How is the dealer getting to the "out the door" price of $28,061 from the selling price of $25,980? Colorado taxes the monthly payment on a lease, and the fees you've listed aren't nearly enough to get from A to B. I'd ask them about that - dealer fee and acquisition fee, perhaps? Using your selling price as the net cap cost and the MSRP of $27,934, I get a pre-tax payment of $316.27 - add in the tax and the payment goes to $341.26. Of course, that means that you are paying the up front costs out of pocket (dealer fee, acquisition fee, etc.).
    The out the door price was my calculation based on the sale price of $25,980 plus the county fee of $27 equaling $26,007 and taxing that amount at 7.9% ($26,007 x 1.079=$28,061) in an attempt to negotiate based on sale price + taxes and fees. I now see how taxing monthly payment makes the numbers look better vs considering the OTD price (tax included). They would not budge on the sale price. I was quoted a dealer fee of $499, no other fees were mentioned. I'll ask about the acquisition fee and any others than might apply. Thank you! The $341 you quoted is more in line with the numbers I was able to put together.
    Which dealer is this? Work with more than one dealer; that might help you get a better selling price. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

The out the door price was my calculation based on the sale price of $25,980 plus the county fee of $27 equaling $26,007 and taxing that amount at 7.9% ($26,007 x 1.079=$28,061) in an attempt to negotiate based on sale price + taxes and fees. I now see how taxing monthly payment makes the numbers look better vs considering the OTD price (tax included). They would not budge on the sale price. I was quoted a dealer fee of $499, no other fees were mentioned. I'll ask about the acquisition fee and any others than might apply. Thank you!

The $341 you quoted is more in line with the numbers I was able to put together.

Which dealer is this? Work with more than one dealer; that might help you get a better selling price. 

Emich VW. I'm stopping by there this afternoon and visiting another tomorrow. I'll definitely shop around. Again, thank you for your help.
  • Options
    auditaasssauditaasss Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2015
    Looking for some advise on how low I should be negotiating a 2015 GTI 4dr HB DSE SE.

MSRP is $30,540
    They are offering just $500 off
    $1,000 down
    Monthly lease of $474.11 for 10k\36m
    Residual 57%
    They wouldn't give me the Money Factor, but according to my lease spreadsheet it's ~0.0019 which doesn't sound right based on the rest of this thread.
    I didn't start any negotiations

Based on the earlier info I should be getting:
    - 59% residual
    - 0.0007 Money factor

That would get me to $373.09, does that sound right?

Any thoughts on how much off MSRP I should be looking for? I'm an existing Audi Leaser, not sure if that helps. I'm used to get 6% off MSRP for an Audi

Thanks

Ben

• Options

Looking for some advise on how low I should be negotiating a 2015 GTI 4dr HB DSE SE.

MSRP is $30,540
    They are offering just $500 off
    $1,000 down
    Monthly lease of $474.11 for 10k\36m
    Residual 57%
    They wouldn't give me the Money Factor, but according to my lease spreadsheet it's ~0.0019 which doesn't sound right based on the rest of this thread.
    I didn't start any negotiations

Based on the earlier info I should be getting:
    - 59% residual
    - 0.0007 Money factor

That would get me to $373.09, does that sound right?

Any thoughts on how much off MSRP I should be looking for? I'm an existing Audi Leaser, not sure if that helps. I'm used to get 6% off MSRP for an Audi

Thanks

Ben

The residual is 57% for 36/10, not 59%.
    The base MF is .00070

Using the national ad for VW GTI leases, they are only offering about a $400 discount + $500 dealer lease cash on this model. But, that ad is for $349/mo. with $1999 due at signing. This includes the acquisition fee, but other taxes and fees are extra.

With $1000 upfront, you should be around $380/mo+tax.. Any title/registration/dealer fees would be on top of that.. so, if another $700 for that, then you'd be around $400/mo.+tax. Their quote is way higher than that.

What state/tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Emich VW. I'm stopping by there this afternoon and visiting another tomorrow. I'll definitely shop around. Again, thank you for your help.

Ok, went to another dealer (McDonald, also in Denver) and got some potentially better (more complete) numbers. Same car as above:
    Retail Price: $27,935
    Sales Price: $25,461
    'service contract' (is this negotiable?): $149
    Gov fees: $7.20
    Processing/doc fees: $599
    Acquisition fee: $625
    Gross cap cost: $26841.20
    Net cap cost: $26,841.20
    36/12months w/ nothing down: $340/month

I signed nothing and told them I'd run some numbers. They handed me a "lease agreement" sheet with the above numbers *but* the "upfront taxes" field is blank. When they initially handed it to me it read "11.3" and $850 in random accessories I never requested. I corrected them with my residence address sales tax of 7.9. Also, there's no residual listed on the printout I have in hand and I was told that would "all be in the contract". Using the "Retail Price" above and April's residual percentage (56%), I get a residual of $15,644. and the remainder ($12,290) divided by 36months gets us to $341, so they're close to the number on my printout. However, shouldn't that $341 then have tax added on ($341 x 1.079=$367)? Also, I discussed the $500 April Lease Cash and I don't think it was even figured into the printout they handed me when I left.

I had planned to go back this afternoon and try and make a deal. What do you think?
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Ok, went to another dealer (McDonald, also in Denver) and got some potentially better (more complete) numbers. Same car as above:
    Retail Price: $27,935
    Sales Price: $25,461
    'service contract' (is this negotiable?): $149
    Gov fees: $7.20
    Processing/doc fees: $599
    Acquisition fee: $625
    Gross cap cost: $26841.20
    Net cap cost: $26,841.20
    36/12months w/ nothing down: $340/month

I signed nothing and told them I'd run some numbers. They handed me a "lease agreement" sheet with the above numbers *but* the "upfront taxes" field is blank. When they initially handed it to me it read "11.3" and $850 in random accessories I never requested. I corrected them with my residence address sales tax of 7.9. Also, there's no residual listed on the printout I have in hand and I was told that would "all be in the contract". Using the "Retail Price" above and April's residual percentage (56%), I get a residual of $15,644. and the remainder ($12,290) divided by 36months gets us to $341, so they're close to the number on my printout. However, shouldn't that $341 then have tax added on ($341 x 1.079=$367)? Also, I discussed the $500 April Lease Cash and I don't think it was even figured into the printout they handed me when I left.

I had planned to go back this afternoon and try and make a deal. What do you think?

My numbers work out the same as yours - $341/mo before tax, $367.70/mo after. Only way to improve on that is to get a lower selling price - the $500 lease cash works out to about $14/mo on the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    rnc81rnc81 Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone. 

i have a 2012 GTI with about 2 months left on my lease. I'm well over mileage. 36k lease with 58k miles. Payment is 340 per month and originally I put down taxes, title and fees. Went to the dealer and they provided me the offers below. 

GTI SE
    TERM-36 MONTHS
    MILES PER YEAR-12,000
    MONEY DOWN- $2141.46 title taxes and fees
    MONTHLY PAYMENT-$428.96

GLI SE MANUAL
    TERM-36 MONTHS
    MILES PER YEAR-12,000 
    MONEY DOWN$2084.35 title taxes and fees 
    MONTHLY PAYMENT-$371.85

WE WILL BE BUYING YOUR CAR SO YOU WILL OWE NOTHING

any thoughts? Is this a fair deal? Waiting to get residuals and money factor from dealership 

thanks
  • Options
    rnc81 said:

Hi everyone. 

i have a 2012 GTI with about 2 months left on my lease. I'm well over mileage. 36k lease with 58k miles. Payment is 340 per month and originally I put down taxes, title and fees. Went to the dealer and they provided me the offers below. 

GTI SE
    TERM-36 MONTHS
    MILES PER YEAR-12,000
    MONEY DOWN- $2141.46 title taxes and fees
    MONTHLY PAYMENT-$428.96

GLI SE MANUAL
    TERM-36 MONTHS
    MILES PER YEAR-12,000 
    MONEY DOWN$2084.35 title taxes and fees 
    MONTHLY PAYMENT-$371.85

WE WILL BE BUYING YOUR CAR SO YOU WILL OWE NOTHING

any thoughts? Is this a fair deal? Waiting to get residuals and money factor from dealership 

thanks

The lease numbers are .00070 and 56% for 36/12 .. any trim level/transmission.

We would need to know the MSRP and selling price / cap cost of the new cars in order to model a payment.

I'd be dubious of their claim that you would 'owe nothing' - it's possible that the mileage charges are being rolled into the new lease payment quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Okay Here is what I got from the dealer

GTI SE MSRP 28,785
    residual 56% and money factor 0.00070

GLI SE MSRP 28,140 residual 58% and money factor 0.00035

Residual on my old GTI is $14,515 and I have 1 payment remaining of 340. 

Leaning to GLI. Thoughts? You think I could get them down to $350?

kbb on my car to a private party is $500-$1000 above residual. 
  • Options
    rnc81 said:

GTI SE MSRP 28,785

What are the selling prices on the GTI and GLI?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    Can you provide MF / RV for 24mo/12k and 30mo/12k on GTI Autobahn in NC?
  • Options
    ledname said:

Can you provide MF / RV for 24mo/12k and 30mo/12k on GTI Autobahn in NC?

.00070 and $500 lease cash.

63% / 59% residual for 24/12 and 30/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    cjd260cjd260 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Michaell,

Oddly enough, the numbers you're providing seem to be a lot more favorable than what I'm seeing advertised at local dealers - or maybe that isn't odd at all. Could you please provide the MF/RV for a GTI 4dr Autobahn in MA, at 36/10k and 36/12k?

Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    cjd260 said:

Hi Michaell,

Oddly enough, the numbers you're providing seem to be a lot more favorable than what I'm seeing advertised at local dealers - or maybe that isn't odd at all. Could you please provide the MF/RV for a GTI 4dr Autobahn in MA, at 36/10k and 36/12k?

Thank you in advance!

The lease numbers are .00070 and 56% for 36/12. Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

GTI SE MSRP 28,785

What are the selling prices on the GTI and GLI?