Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Can anyone confirm that the sedan is not eligible for the extra $1500? Am I reading it right that the sedan only gets $2500 while the coupe qualifies for $4000?
  • Options
    members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    for october, the coupe reaps all the additional benefits. the total amount of incentives for the coupe is $4,500 (3000 + 1500). the sedan stays at $2500.

apparently the 2009 inventory of coupes arent depleting as well as the sedans, hence the drastic price cut.
  • Options
    axjoke1axjoke1 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the post. I'm looking to buy in indiana and not getting far with dealers (offered 1700 below on the G37X sedan and 500 OVER invoice on the Coupe). I've sent quote request to multimple Chicago dealers looking for something reasonable. I had awful luck with Fort Wayne dealers (Subaru and Acura.. now infiniti too?)
  • Options
    it seems like the dealers are looking to make huge profits off of you. tell you what, ask them what their price is in relation to invoice, *before* taking off the $4500 incentive (for the coupe) or $2500 incentive (for the sedan). in this way they know you've been doing your homework and they wont try to pull one over you. make sure they disclose all the dealer fees, too, so you can compare apples to apples.

i think most dealers assume the vast majority of people are unaware of the incentives, so they start high in order to maximize profits. but if they knew you were well-researched, and they wanted your business, they would pass on all the incentives to you. good luck.
  • Options
    Yeah, I mentioned the 2500 on the sedan and the 3000 + 1500 on the coupe about 4 times and they were kind of just playing dumb. I also mentioned ones access to invoice on Edmunds, the Edmunds forums prices paid and the fact that dealers were posting on here, yet they continued to treat me as stupid. Maybe next time I'll go in with a printout for them. I'm always amazed how some dealers can't treat people who do their homework with a bit of respect. I have a feeling I'll be driving to Chicago to pick up my car (just like I did for my Subaru Legacy).

For Sewell, why does it take 20 minutes to get a quote when one is setting in the dealership? Do salesmen have no individual power in negotiations? Irritating as hell.
  • Options
    cl568cl568 Member Posts: 5
    Looking for an AMEX partner with a valid code. Email me at cliu568@yahoo.com. Thanks.

I purchased a G37x sedan with premium package, splash guards, trunk mat and cargo net for $33168.88 from Lia Infiniti of Albany, NY. The price is about $6000 off the $39230 MSRP. It took me a three and half hour drive to get there. My local dealers are really greedy and wouldn’t go lower than $33900, even with my VPP program. I contacted Lia Infiniti through email and negotiated the price over the phone. 15 minutes was all it took to reach the deal. Picked up the car the next day (10/10) within 45min of arrival. A trustworthy dealer. The internet sales person was particularly pleasant to deal with.
  • Options
    dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    If you want the best deal you'll have to drive to a big city with multiple dealers (in this case, you'll probably have to leave Indiana). If you want to stay local then you'll probably have to pay a grand or two extra. Have you tried border cities like Cincy, L-ville, Chicago, etc?

Same thing here, I had to skip the Fresno dealer and drive 3 hours to the Bay area. It was worth it to me to save an extra couple grand!
  • Options
    Yeah, I think you are right. I bought the last two cars in Indianapolis and Chicago. Friends have went to Detroit and Chicago. Can the local smaller dealers not be competitive or is it that they choose not to be competitive? I sent 5 chicago dealers a request yesterday.
  • Options
    dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    I don't know, but it really seems like they choose not to and also have a generally unfriendly attitude because they have that monopoly going.
  • Options
    flatbrokeflatbroke Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan with Premium and Navigation packages. The MSRP on this car is $41,380 my local dealer in Detroit gave me a price of $37,880. Is this a decent price? Also I've seen some posts about incentives but I haven't been able to get any details from Infiniti, if someone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

David
  • Options
    m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Can the local smaller dealers not be competitive or is it that they choose not to be competitive?

They choose not to be because they just don't have much local competition. You can't really blame them. They are just trying to get as much as they can for their vehicles just like we are trying to get the vehicle for the best price. They aren't cheating anybody, they are just doing what comes naturally. Plus, they are probably not selling as many cars as the big dealers in Chicago, etc so they have to make a little more per vehicle.

Now if they outright lie about rebates/dealer cash available, that is different. Then they are underhanded. If they say, "Yeah, there is dealer cash but we chose to keep most of it because there isn't much competition in our market". Well, there is nothing wrong with that and you have the perfect right to shop elsewhere.
  • Options
    They are at least a 2k high. Read back over the last four of five pages of this forum thread to get an idea of what people are paying. Most are paying 5-6k under MSRP. Infiniti has "dealer cash" of $2500 on the G37 sedan. It is not a rebate so you will not get any info officially from Infiniti. The money goes to the dealer to do with what they want to push the product.
  • Options
    flatbrokeflatbroke Member Posts: 2
    Thank You! I was wondering how everyone was getting so far below MSRP, I thought it might have been a regional incentive. If not for this board I would probably have never known about the "dealer cash", I'll post later what the dealer says when I ask for another $2k off.
  • Options
    littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    Just an update to earlier post about convertibles. He was talking about the new G37 convertible not a sedan. I've tried to get a convert near invoice by shopping several states around mine and I don't get any indication they are taking 4k off this vehicle. I can get a sedan or coupe way below invoice at any local dealer. Hes lieing because none of the are responsive to discounting convertibles get a "Customer satisfaction bonus". I took a copy of his post to a dealer to show him what people claimed they paid online and they thought it was comical. They only had one in stock at the time. I'm still looking and may have to wait but I am gonna get one asap since I have narrowed down my search to this car....I'm just not gonna take the advice of someone who is not being truthful by my research.
  • Options
    i understand you have researched this vehicle, but there is a small possibility that he is telling the truth. there may be hidden factors involved like making a sales quota or low demand in that region.

most car salesmen will laugh at anything that reduces profit in order to throw the consumer "off his game." or they may act incredulous, or they may get angry. these are ploys to make you uncertain.

on the other hand, you may be right about this vehicle selling way above invoice. that's what my local dealer said, too.
  • Options
    I guess I was lucky they didn't act mad or anything. The salesman just said that due low production and availability in this area it didn't make sense for him to sell at or below invoice. I m also lucky that they didnt have the color I wanted or he might have talked me into getting one in the Pacific Sky color. (girls color). Im still looking for a red one. I have a freind who just put a deposit down on an incoming IS350 convertible. He was told MSRP was the price. 3 months or so to deliver.Yuck! I cant wait for a car that long. Thats another reason why I dont believe that malarkey about 4k off G37 when competitors like BMW and Lexus are getting MSRP or near it for there product. I wish I could live with a car that wasnt as desirable.
  • Options
    "They choose not to be because they just don't have much local competition."

Agree, although in the past I've told them (Acura and Subaru) that its worth 400 not to have to travel to pick it up/willing to support a local dealer and they balked at matching Chicago/Indy +400. I guess in my mind they know they lost me if they don't match, so isn't a small profit better than no profit? Or do the manufacturers ration out cars? I don't think that thats the case.

I think with the subaru it might have been the case where there was an a volume incentive as well and my local dealer couldn't hit it. Not the case with Acura or this Infiniti to the best of my knowledge.

(chicago dealers already offering 900 below invoice with financing and 3450 below for cash.)
  • Options
    They may not have thought you were serious about buying and maybe $400 just wasn't enough. I guess I would go $500 to 600 more to do a local deal, have a nice relationship with my local dealer and not have to travel to get the car. However, if I knew that I could get it at least $600 cheaper I wouldn't hesitate to travel to Chicago area. Infiniti of Orland Park which is a south suburb of Chicago is one of the largest Infiniti dealers around and that is about a 3 hr drive from Ft Wayne.
  • Options
    96lxi130k96lxi130k Member Posts: 7
    OK I'll add my purchase to the list:

Bought a 2009 G37x Coupe (Blue Slate with Wheat) with Prem, Nav, Spoiler and Cargo for $38,700 + TTL. I had the choice to go at $41,700 with 1.9 for 60 through Infiniti or $38,700 + TTL at 5.79 with alternate financing. I also got the VIP service package from the dealership thrown in.

MSRP: $45375
    Invoice: $41645

It's not a great deal but I'm not totally miffed. I'm in the northeast.

Edited because I had the wrong choice up there!
  • Options
    littlejoe,

i just did a search on truecar and zag, and both sites state that people are buying the vert for 2,000-2,700 below MSRP. this is for the PA area.

my dealership is swimming with verts. everywhere i looked there was a different one - but my dealer said they just got a shipment. in any event, MSRP might be steep considering there is a major hangover after the cash-for-clunkers program, and summer is officially over.

you can definitely buy a vert below MSRP at zag. check it out to see if you have a participating dealer near you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I dont know why dealers in Texas only have 1 or 2 instock. For 2k maybe I should contact dealers in colder climates .
  • Options
    Pretty sure the sedan only has 2500 or the financing. Coupe is 4500 or 1500 plus financing.
  • Options
    velmassvelmass Member Posts: 1
    New g37x, no mileage, and no prem options and no nav. i made an offer on the car in the low 30's, no good. Any thoughts for what the g37x, no mileage, no options except for sun roof might go for?

thanks for your help.
  • Options
    I should update that I was approved for 3.99 at my credit union as well so I'll be moving my loan there right after I take delivery! Yippie!
  • Options
    benimanbeniman Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a 09 G37XS with the Premium + Aero at $5,500 off MSRP. Got a good price on my trade as well.

Looking for someone with a AMEX code to partner up with.

Thanks!
  • Options
    cybernevetscybernevets Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a 2009 G37x coupe and I am looking for an American Express code partner. Please email me at my username here + @ yahoo . com.

I will need the following details from you:

Owner Redemption Code
    VIN
    Full Name
    Last Name
    Street Address
    City
    State
    Zip Code
  • Options
    tchmaktchmak Member Posts: 2
    Need an AMEX Code Partner

I purchased a G37 Sedan on 10/03/09 w/ premium package, mats, cargo net, splash guards for $31,289, which is about $6000 off the $37,275 MSRP (+ tax, title and doc fee). Roswell Infiniti of Ga made my purchase hassle free. Internet Sales Mgr is great to deal with.

Please respond to me with the AMEX Redemption Code, and I'll enter it on the following Infiniti website:

http://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html

I will send you a screen capture of the info entered and the submission confirmation.

My e-mail address: tchmak1@gmail.com

Owner Redemption Code
    VIN
    Full Name
    Last Name
    Street Address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks.
  • Options
    jfwild83jfwild83 Member Posts: 3
    What are people paying for a G37 journey premium around the DFW area? I have an offer for around $33,500 but I have seen multiple people who are getting nav for that and others who are paying closer to $31k w/o nav. Are the dealerships around Dallas just not willing to go lower?
  • Options
    benimanbeniman Member Posts: 6
    Forgot to include my email address:

hudson.bh@verizon.net

Please send me an email and I will provide you with the information required for the redemption site.

Thanks Again.

Ben
  • Options
    I just purchased an x coupe and need an "original Infiniti owner"; you get $150 and I get $500.

Please email me at kings_consent@yahoo.com with the relevant information so we can get paid.
  • Options
    cl568cl568 Member Posts: 5
    BMW is offering huge incentive (~5k) for its 3series starting yesterday (10/13). Check it out at Edmunds. Should we expect Infiniti to match that?
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Where did you see that BMW huge incentive? I checked Edmunds but did not see anything. Can you provide a link?
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I think you MIGHT not be able to combine the 2 incentives. I think it's either $3500 cash OR $1840 + special financing...but I might be wrong.

Well, a base 335x costs more than a LOADED G already unless you want to drive the 328 w/ 230HP :cry:
  • Options
    I know most of you are tired of the AMEX posts, so I apologize in advance.

I need an original owner with a code to pair up with - just shoot me an email with the information and I will enter it right away, and provide confirmation.

My email is kings_consent@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Options
    pkhoopespkhoopes Member Posts: 27
    Please take your spam elsewhere. Hosts, can we get this deleted?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,200
    Done!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mjstarmjstar Member Posts: 1
    Just closed today on my new 2009 G37x in slate blue with Premium & Nav. Paid dealer invoice less mfgr $2,500 rebate. Need someone to partner up with on the AMEX promotion.

Please respond to me with the AMEX Redemption Code, and I'll enter it on the Infiniti website: http://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html

My e-mail address: michaeljstar@hotmail.com

Owner Redemption Code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street Address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks much!
  • Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Just when I thought it couldn't get any better!

Infiniti announced today they are throwing $500 more Bonus Cash to the dealers for the G coupe and Convertible! (No sedan)

We can use this money anyway we want - we get this money if you buy (using the special rates or not) or lease! I assume most dealers will use this money to help put together deals!

BTW - Infiniti is giving $1000 more on M's - I realize most of you guys are G fans, but the M is the better deal right now!

Don't forget who gives you all this inside info first! ;)
  • Options
    crunkiebrewstacrunkiebrewsta Member Posts: 4
    I was looking for pics of the 2010 g37 and came across this in a forum. Its the G25 for China, but is identical to the US G37. This seems to show the front and rear changes for 2010 G37. How this helps for anyone who can't decide to buy a 09 or wait for a 2010.

http://g35driver.com/forums/g35-37-sedan-v36-2007/311188-2010-sedan-front-shot-l- eaked-photo.html
  • Options
    rusduderusdude Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for the link! People on that forum don't seem too enthused by the photos. I can't say that I disagree with them.
  • Options
    sajalsajal Member Posts: 5
    Sewell,

For a G37 coupe with Premium package, Edmunds invoice pricing is at 37500. So are you saying invoice for Coupe is now 32500 (for on an all cash purchase)? Since you suggested, what would be the new invoice for the M series? Thanks!
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Agreed. If this will be the "new" 2010 G, and considering all the incentive for 2009 G right now, these pictures make choosing a 2009 G over the 2010 model so much easier.
  • Options
    srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Well, I am now the owner of a new 2009 G37S 6MT.

The price was $36,450 which included the Premium, Nav, and Aerodynamic packages, Cargo area organizer, splash guards, and destination charges. That turned out to be ~$1000 under invoice. The car also included wheel locks (another $199), and I went with an optional 5-year road hazard warranty for the wheels and tires that was another $599. Adding on TTT and the bottom line was $39755 out the door and on the road.

I didn't really price shop around much. I did test drive a couple of used G35's, but the big-box used car super stores wanted $20-25K for a 3 year old G35 with 40K miles on it. Also manual trannies were pretty rare. So, in the end I decided that new G37 with the full factory warranty was worth the additional money.
  • Options
    lt54321lt54321 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a G37x Coupe this weekend and am looking for an original Infiniti owner with a code to pair up with. If interested in getting your $150 from AMEX, shoot me an email with the information and I will enter it right away, and provide confirmation.

My email is ltstanle@yahoo.com

The information needed is below (http://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html):

Owner Redemption Code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street Address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks!
  • Options
    I just purchased a G37x Coupe on Monday and am looking for an original Infiniti owner with a code to pair up with. If interested in getting your $150 from AMEX, shoot me an email with the information and I will enter it right away, and provide confirmation.

My email is justinpsu at hotmail.com

The information needed is below (http://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html):

Owner Redemption Code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street Address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks!
  • Options
    sajalsajal Member Posts: 5
    I just pulled the trigger on a 2009 G37 Journey Sedan with the Premium package, for $313000 (34400 OTD with 8.75% sales tax + $55 doc fee + registration fee in California.) I bought the car from Infinity of Montclair, and highly recommend them. for their no-pressure competitive pricing. Ask for Jodie and tell them Sajal recommended you.

Now I’m looking for someone to partner up on the AMEX promotion. Please email me at creed.indus@gmail.com

Owner Redemption Code
    VIN
    First Name
    Last Name
    Street Address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thanks!
  • Options
    lklee1lklee1 Member Posts: 7
    I purchased the new G37 a month ago but I don't have the redemption code. How do you get the redemption code?
  • Options
    alorsalors Member Posts: 3
    Need AMEX code to partner up

Bought G37X w/ premium package, mats, cargo net, splash guards exactly $6K off $39,230 MSRP (+ tax, title and $300 doc fee).

Pls respond to me w/ AMEX code details (see below), and I'll enter it on Infiniti website so that we both benefit. ttps://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html
    My e-mail address: alors@iname.com. (When you respond, I'll give you personal info so that you can identify me on the internet and call me -- so, no scam.)

Owner Redemption Code
    VIN
    Full Name
    Last Name
    Street Address
    City
    State
    Zip Code

Thank you.
  • Options
    phillyfinc74phillyfinc74 Member Posts: 7
    I am reading in general it looks like people are getting the cars 5-6k under MSRP. My question is if I do the 3.9% financing will they give me the $2500 as well? has anyone got both?